Pardew Sacked

Liam

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a long way away from being an expert on how to run a football club, but howcome these days, whenever a club is doing badly, it's always the manager who gets the boot? Could it not possibly be the team that are rubbish?

Funny how it's all gone downhill since the arrival of Tevez and Mascherano mind.

I'm a long way away from being an expert on how to run a football club, but howcome these days, whenever a club is doing badly, it's always the manager who gets the boot? Could it not possibly be the team that are rubbish?

I guess when a team like West Ham has the talent that they have, the buck is always going to stop at the manager if they aren't performing.

Idiotic. Pardew was good, West Ham are always expected to struggle. Two big flop signings who have yet to hit form, it's not his fault.

I feel if the Argentinians hadn't come in, and West Ham were sitting there in 18th, it wouldn't have come down to a sacking. They better appoint someone phenomenal if they expect to play well soon, if at all again this season.

I haven't been this shocked about a manager being sacked since...George Burley becoming a victim of Lithuanian spastics.

Edited by The Kraig

It's a lot cheaper to fire the manager than the team (Y)

See, I'm a West Ham fan and I'm pretty happy with the decision. The players over-achieved last season because they got off to a good start and had the underdog status. I'm sure more than a couple of them were hoping for transfers to bigger clubs too. This season, they're been abject, lacked confidence and hardly even looked like they wanted to play outside of the Arsenal game. Lack of motivation when the talent's there? That's all on the manager I'm afraid. Pardew hardly lit up East London when he led us to 6th place in the Championship - last season was the blip, unfortunately.

It's a lot cheaper to fire the manager than the team (Y)

Trouble is, if the team are shit, a new manager changes nothing.