Champions League 06/07 Knockout Fixtures

AJ

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key injuries hurt us badly, we lacked the strength that normally tides us over.

But I'm a gent and accept that you were the better team tonight.

Well done Liverpool. Maybe next year for us. :(:(:(:(

Oh, and Milan for the Champion's League. >_>

Anybody heard about this? (From Sky News)

Chopper Missing After Euro Match

Updated: 09:59, Wednesday May 02, 2007

A private helicopter carrying a wealthy supporter of Chelsea FC is missing following last night's Liverpool v Chelsea Champions League match.

The Twin Squirrel helicopter was carrying Phillip Carter back from the Anfield game when it disappeared from radar screens.

Earlier reports suggested Chelsea FC officials may have been on board.

But the club later said its official party was accounted for.

The helicopter, which was carrying between three and five people, left John Lennon Airport in Liverpool last night and was heading to a private landing site near Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, when it vanished.

Sky News correspondent James Matthews says mountain rescue teams are due to start searching an area around the east Midlands.

Mr Carter is the founder of fast-growing training company Carter & Carter.

Faye Adkin, who works from the company, said the helicopter was carrying Mr Carter, the pilot and two or three passengers when it went missing.

She said: "At this moment we are praying and hoping for the best."

A police spokeswoman said it was hoped the chopper had made an emergency landing.

"Details are sketchy at the moment," she said.

"The helicopter, we believe, had about four or five people on board and was a twin-engine Squirrel.

"It left John Lennon Airport in Liverpool at about 11pm last night and was on its way to a private address near Peterborough.

"It appears to have disappeared off the radar. At the moment we are trying to find out more.

"The best case scenario is that it has made an emergency landing somewhere."

Yeah, I saw that, weird stuff.

So I guess I want Chelsea for the FA Cup and Man U for the Champions League. I dunno why Man U, but I 'd only want them to win it if they've lose the chance for the Treble...if Chelsea lose the FA Cup, I'd probably be throwing my support behind Liverpool.

Key injuries hurt us badly, we lacked the strength that normally tides us over.

But I'm a gent and accept that you were the better team tonight.

Well done Liverpool. Maybe next year for us. :(:(:(:(

Oh, and Milan for the Champion's League. >_>

I really wanted Fowler to score in the shootout. I was surprised to see him come on but I was also very pleased, cause Fowler FTW! Still we're through, now it's up to Milan to fuck United up at the San Siro.

All though beating United in the final would be quite awesome, I'm still going to want Milan to win tonight though.

Anybody heard about this? (From Sky News)

Chopper Missing After Euro Match

Updated: 09:59, Wednesday May 02, 2007

A private helicopter carrying a wealthy supporter of Chelsea FC is missing following last night's Liverpool v Chelsea Champions League match.

The Twin Squirrel helicopter was carrying Phillip Carter back from the Anfield game when it disappeared from radar screens.

Earlier reports suggested Chelsea FC officials may have been on board.

But the club later said its official party was accounted for.

The helicopter, which was carrying between three and five people, left John Lennon Airport in Liverpool last night and was heading to a private landing site near Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, when it vanished.

Sky News correspondent James Matthews says mountain rescue teams are due to start searching an area around the east Midlands.

Mr Carter is the founder of fast-growing training company Carter & Carter.

Faye Adkin, who works from the company, said the helicopter was carrying Mr Carter, the pilot and two or three passengers when it went missing.

She said: "At this moment we are praying and hoping for the best."

A police spokeswoman said it was hoped the chopper had made an emergency landing.

"Details are sketchy at the moment," she said.

"The helicopter, we believe, had about four or five people on board and was a twin-engine Squirrel.

"It left John Lennon Airport in Liverpool at about 11pm last night and was on its way to a private address near Peterborough.

"It appears to have disappeared off the radar. At the moment we are trying to find out more.

"The best case scenario is that it has made an emergency landing somewhere."

Can't see the Greeks allowing it to be honest as they'd stand to lose a shit load of money and tourism.

Shame though, at least fans who go will be able to combine it with a holiday to Greece.

Next year it's in Russia ¬_¬

Edited by Dan