The Mafia Discussion Thread

On 20/02/2017 at 05:27, Sousa said:

This is probably my favorite Mafia victory ever because you and I scraped and clawed for every inch. It was a flawless manipulation of EWB's ridiculous love of metagaming/roleclaiming. Frankly, that's the game where that sort of play should've stopped because it perfectly illustrated how much it doesn't work.

I wouldn't know, some of us got killed off when the game had barely got started for being too good at Mafia. :/

I remember there was a time a few years back when I won as an SK in something like 3 games in a 7 game span. One of those games, I simply killed off the player with the highest post count, whilst simultaneously encouraging lynches against whomever was bottom. :P 

• Like 1

I forgot my single favorite Mafia win ever:

Three Mafias in the game, all of them believed I was a member. I had to endure the last like... three nights not being able to kill anyone because I had to just see other people get lynched. Earned that one, too.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ace said:

How about @Plubby's Golden City series? Those were pretty awesome. :shifty:

Running a "themeless" (ie not themed, but not Vanilla like @The EvEl Idoloverlord ran) was a weird spot to have a niche, but I was glad to have Zan's work as a springboard to do it in. Sometimes I miss the ol' Golden City :shifty: 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2017 at 01:38, Sousa said:

I forgot my single favorite Mafia win ever:

Three Mafias in the game, all of them believed I was a member. I had to endure the last like... three nights not being able to kill anyone because I had to just see other people get lynched. Earned that one, too.

Wasn't there another Zan game where I ended up killing like 3 town members at once because they were all the same person at different points in history?  Really fucked things up for the town that time.

EDIT:  It was GRIMDARK II <_<

3 beans.

And yes, I still hate @R.W. 

I haven't played in a while, but I've noticed that a lot of the issues arise when people think they're being attacked personally in a game. Folks have to realize it's not you that is being attacked, but your 'role' that's being attacked. I've seen way too many times going, "Oh you don't think I'm trustworthy?!" and getting all butt-hurt about it. In mafia you're playing a character. I wish more people would realize that. It's not you being attacked. It's not you that is actually going to be killed if you're wrong. It's your character. Have fun and lighten up.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Meacon said:

3 beans.

And yes, I still hate @R.W. 

I haven't played in a while, but I've noticed that a lot of the issues arise when people think they're being attacked personally in a game. Folks have to realize it's not you that is being attacked, but your 'role' that's being attacked. I've seen way too many times going, "Oh you don't think I'm trustworthy?!" and getting all butt-hurt about it. In mafia you're playing a character. I wish more people would realize that. It's not you being attacked. It's not you that is actually going to be killed if you're wrong. It's your character. Have fun and lighten up.

And I think that goes hand in hand with the metagaming. If you're judging other players entirely on their real life personalities and their past performances in other games, you're going to see the arguments as being between the actual people playing the game, rather than the roles they've been assigned.

• Like 3