The Mafia Discussion Thread

Update on The Mafia Championship

Exciting news: We are expanding to 150 participating communities, which is more than last season. In fact, we may even go for 165 communities depending on how some invitations go.

On that note, if you know of a community that might be interested in participating and isn't on the list in the linked post, let me know and I'll be happy to give them an invitation: <not sure if linking is okay, so removed it>

Since none of the representatives chosen at this point have indicated that they can only play if their game starts April 24, I have made the decision that the qualifying phase won't begin until May 1st in order to allow me more time to get everything properly organized and to get all representatives properly prepared. This will have no impact on the overall schedule for this season; the qualifying phase will still be wrapped up by early July, after which we dive into the wildcard games followed by the finale game.

As for how to spectate your representative, I'll get back to you with more info on that, but cliffs: Your community may of course create your own private spectator chat (that your rep can't access), but the general spectator chat (where all communities gather and chat together) will be on Discord this year. If you want an invite to the server already now, just write me.

2 hours ago, Joshy Roger said:

Welp. Looks like it's me. I can't wait to disappoint!

Hi Joshy Roger

It's best if you register a user on Mafia Universe; That way I can immediately sub you into the game if an emergency should happen and TEOL needs to sub out (the game is automated, so I need an existing player account to sub in).

2 hours ago, Joshy Roger said:

Welp. Looks like it's me. I can't wait to disappoint!

I mean, you're probably not going to have to do anything.

Other than be my hype man. Go be my hype man

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Thingyman said:

Hi Joshy Roger

It's best if you register a user on Mafia Universe; That way I can immediately sub you into the game if an emergency should happen and TEOL needs to sub out (the game is automated, so I need an existing player account to sub in).

Done. I registered simply as Josh. Wheeeeee.

3 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I mean, you're probably not going to have to do anything.

Other than be my hype man. Go be my hype man

YA'LL READY FOR THE MOST INCREDIBLE, TOTALLY INDELIBLE, NOT AT ALL EDIBLE TINY BRIT WITH A BIG ASS BRAIN??? SUCKAS GOTTA KNOW! MAKE SOME NOISE FOR THE EVIL OVERLOOOOOOOOOAD!

Wait, shit.

• Like 5

Looks like Westworld Mafia is close to finishing. We should probably line up the next game. Where are we at with deciding?

I liked the idea of splitting between pure first-come-first-serve and a vote. Seems nice a democratic whilst giving everyone a shot.