The Mafia Discussion Thread

I'm actually a fan of having one of the slots go back to being chosen by a poll. Surely the winner will encourage activity because enough people want to play it - thus, it's voted above other games. Just an idea. But I quite liked the poll. Even if I never won it.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I like the waiting list because it's much, much better than anything we've tried before at slowing down the burnout cycle. Plus it helps lesser-known game runners get signups because they're only competing with a few games at a time.

Poll, eh, the same people would win every time. And even though I'd be one of them (:shifty:), I don't think that's that great of an idea.

Poll, eh, the same people would win every time. And even though I'd be one of them (:shifty:), I don't think that's that great of an idea.

Why not? They'd win because they've proven that they run good, fun games. Why shouldn't somebody like Sousa get to run his game before Nick Adams, it's the same thing as allowing somebody like naiwf in a game over somebody like Bleh.

They got to prove they ran good, fun games without having to compete against several people who already ran good, fun games.

I don't mind having one of the games be a poll game and the other two being next-in-line, should we cut down to three.

They got to prove they ran good, fun games without having to compete against several people who already ran good, fun games.

I don't mind having one of the games be a poll game and the other two being next-in-line, should we cut down to three.

Well yeah, I assumed we were talking about something like this and not simply every game is decided by a poll.

I say one game per week. If it drags, everyone responsible gets banned.

Just suspend the guilty parties for every day they stall a game by after the fact. Make everyone wait 3 days before they realize you're not coming back and should move on, get suspended for 3 days as punishment. If you have to get an activity prod, you get a day off etc. An eye for an eye and all that good stuff :shifty:

I say we just rate the games and players by different levels of security clearance. Only Ultraviolet level players should get to play Ultraviolet level games.

So... I kinda' need help designing Homestar Runner Mafia. I've got the role names listed, and I know which ones are town and which are scum, as well as some basic role ideas, but I'm not sure how to balance it.

The poll sucks as it promotes elitism. The best thing about the waiting list is that it stopped what we had with the poll where someone like a Nick Adams would have to wait six months while his turn comes up whilst Sousa who would always fill signups has run four games in that time.

I think that the above is a bad thing because the community produces new good game runners at a slower rate this way.

• Like 1

I say we just rate the games and players by different levels of security clearance. Only Ultraviolet level players should get to play Ultraviolet level games.

I wanna have the Double Platinum clearance.

Some people are so uncultured.

The poll sucks as it promotes elitism. The best thing about the waiting list is that it stopped what we had with the poll where someone like a Nick Adams would have to wait six months while his turn comes up whilst Sousa who would always fill signups has run four games in that time.

I think that the above is a bad thing because the community produces new good game runners at a slower rate this way.

But they would be fun, interesting, and well ran.

But they would be fun, interesting, and well ran.

Seconded! Can't give any reasons because I have my first game as moderator running, but you can probably figure them out anyway.

I did dislike the poll option because some people were running games every two weeks. Yeah, they were fun, for some of you, but other people didn't vote for them, didn't join them, and didn't see why Person X had run six games while Person Y, whose game they really wanted to play, hadn't run any yet.

• Like 1