The Mafia Discussion Thread

Well my next game encompasses all sorts of source material. Surely you're a fan of something with time travel? :P

I usually register a concept, then finalize the structure, the head count, the ability balance, and then finally write the role PMs before the game is considered ready. But I sometimes get a game ready and then have a different idea I'd rather run. Such as this time. Fallout 2 Mafia is totally ready to go and I could run it the minute Temporal Mafia finishes, but I had a new concept I wanted to try, so I'm going to roll with it.

I want you to run BSG Mafia. I finished it. The game would've been amazing. I'll play half the roles if I have to.

The demand wasn't high enough to support the concepts involved. I could have cut roles but would have required cutting about a dozen to meet the sign up number I got, which would have radically altered the balance, which I would have had to fix. If the Mafia Cube gets kicking again, I'll ponder it, but I have Fallout 2 (and, eventually, 3), and the introductory thought processes of another SDM Mafia kicking about my head. Plus an RP diary concept. Plus I want to return to Capital Punishment. Plus life. It might be a long while. If there's an interest beyond just me and you (and Be), then I might do it sooner.

TimeTunnel.jpg

No idea what the shit that is. You like some obscure stuff dude. :P

I think as far back as it goes is Quantum Leap as far as TV sources. But there's roles based on Doctor Who... although primarily new Who.

Molly, you have my full permission to run a game and have me be the opening post death. Hell, anybody has my permission to do that at this point. Comparisons with Reflecto... *shudders* I deserve it.

To be fair you did take the main advantage the mafia has and completely rape it.

Also I've been saying for a while that Molly isn't a bad player at all, she just needs to post more. She doesn't deserve to be lumped in with guys like adameast. davidmarrio is also alright if people set aside their belief that people who don't type in perfectly punctuated sentences are morons. *waits for somebody (Sousa?) to notice an error in punctuation in his post that most normal people wouldn't register :shifty: *

I like that, once again, one of my games has spawned a really competant new player. First Pizza, now Freak.

You should keep this in mind if the poll ever comes back around. :shifty: If Maxx hadn't killed it for the rest of us. :crying:

And SDM, I'd love to just see a BSG Mafia. No matter how many roles.

To be fair you did take the main advantage the mafia has and completely rape it.

The worst part is the rape came AFTER the player in question had already won. That's almost on par with letting someone who was scum come back into the game as a townie.

Molly's not a bad player when she plays. When she lurks though, she's the worst type of player by default.