The Mafia Discussion Thread

Yeah, the town was shit in Hawke. You guys got rid of the SK and a scum player in the first night and first day phase. And then didn't lynch a mafia member again for like, near the whole game. It was horrific town play.

I maintain that I played that game well, considering I was the only person for like, two whole days to constantly hammer home the fact that "hey guys, RW is playing scum!". Especially when he created his like, fourth new ability to get me out of the game. That was a beauty.

Well, that was nice work on so many fronts.

Firstly - the Silencer role is generally counter-productive to the town and is a scum ability. Why did no-one at least bring this up and interrogate Kats about it at least?!

Secondly - the people who tried to run a lynch on me whilst I couldn't defend myself should be looked at. The question Forky raised about why I'm still alive? Why waste your nightkill on someone who doesn't have a power role that can deliberately hurt you (remember, I can't choose which ability I use - I might pick up a paranoid cop (as I did earlier), a conman, a vig, a bomb, anything), and may actually help you, when you can try and have them railroaded in a lynch.

Thirdly - Stop being so paranoid about me leading towns when I'm scum. I also lead towns when I'm town.

Fourthly - I got a result on the previous night to this which indicates to me there is a thief role. I think it can clear someone, but I won't out them yet unless necessary. Needless to say, someone here seems a bit religious.

Fiftly - if I'm silenced again tonight, just lynch Kats.

Sixthly - I'm not even sure if Sixthly is a word, but GET THE HELL POSTING AND DISCUSSING. No more random townie deaths please.

Fuck, how did we not lynch RW here? How HOW HOW! Reading through the Hawke And Cary thread again, RW was so annoying. :shifty:

• Admin

You didn't lynch me for the following reasons

- Town Inactivity

- Certain players innate ability to play as scum even when town

- Broken logic used against me which is easy to deconstruct and dismiss

- I'm just too damn good :shifty:

One of these days, towns will learn to give people a chance to explain themselves before they bandwagon them. Maybe they'll also learn that early votes during an opening day phase may be used solely to begin conversation.

Oh, and that I'M NOT SO FUCKING STUPID AS TO ACTUALLY CONTADICT MYSELF UNLESS I KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING!

Idiots.

Contradicting yourself because you know what you're doing is itself a contradiction.

1-ani-phoenix.gif

"This evidence clearly contradicts the witness's testimony!"

ani-judge-surprised.gif

"How are this evidence and the testimony related?"

1-ani-phoenix.gif

"They're not, are they?"

ani-judge-shakes-head.gif

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to penalize you, Mr. Wright."

*sound of badge exploding*

• Like 4

bawwwwww I got lynched bawwwwwwww

Not denying it. Doesn't make it good play on the part of the town, my point about giving people a chance to defend themselves stands.

Contradicting yourself because you know what you're doing is itself a contradiction.

Well, from my point of view, I didn't see it as a contradiction, anyway. The basis of my vote for fr34k was not the same as the basis of AOTY's vote. Thus, no contradiction.

Of course, when people are town on EWB, they turn into blithering idiots, so I shouldn't have expected any less. It just sucks because I was pretty excited to play the game, and I actually liked my character. I even role-posted as him, dammit!