The Mafia Discussion Thread

Jay-Z does suck the pop queen of rap Cloudy,and to Zak stop being a dickhead on here and just go with the flow and do your role and stop pushing people's buttons.

Whoever you are, the bromance is dead. You guys know not what you talk of.

DMN - the original "music" was apparently Buddy Holly. I have no idea why. A lot of alt-rock fans would say Cobain's suicide was the day the music died, but screw that. Cobain was famous even though he never quite wanted to be, and rich even though he never wanted to look like he was rich. You can't embody something while at the same time refusing to be what you actually are.

Jay-Z - I'm not sure whether his remixes with Linkin Park were authorized or not, but they're awesome no matter what. Sorry for bringing upon the insult inadvertently by semi-quoting "99 Problems".

Kanye - Needs to get over himself, but not that bad as a musician. Unfortunately will never get my adoration because even when the song is actually Daft Punk's music, people will think that Kanye's about to come over the speakers.

Tupac - Actually embodied a genre. Still famous years after his death. Still culturally relevant years after his death. (See Madea's Family Reunion - "I shot Tupac! Hey, I just said I shot him. I didn't say I killed him - that was somebody else deah nah.")

In Mafia news - what's the largest Mafia game anybody's ever run? Largest I've seen is 30. Has anybody tried to break in to larger territory of insane size that could result in multiple double-digit day phases? If so - I wanna' read that shit.

• Admin

Batman was 34 players and ran into Day Nine, WWF 99 was 34 players and ran into Day Eight.

As for the roles cut from Mafiaville, they were:

The Count, Vampire-Aligned: he had to recruit 2 other people to make another mafia group. He could recruit one per night, but the conversion (and formation of the group) wouldn't happen until the 3rd member was recruited and everyone was still alive.

The Priest, Town-Aligned Lie Detector

The Outsider, Town-Aligned Miller

The Mayor, Town-Aligned Bulletproof Townie

The Forensic Investigator, Town-Aligned Investigaotor who could check one of the dead players and receive a list of players who may have killed him

The Coward, Town-Aligned Hider - hides behind another player at night, if he is targeted for a kill, the person he is hiding behind dies instead

The Necromancer, Town-Aligned - can use the ability of a dead player

Quick response. :P

Batman was 34 players and ran into Day Nine, WWF 99 was 34 players and ran into Day Eight.

The Count, Vampire-Aligned: he had to recruit 2 other people to make another mafia group. He could recruit one per night, but the conversion (and formation of the group) wouldn't happen until the 3rd member was recruited and everyone was still alive.

The Forensic Investigator, Town-Aligned Investigaotor who could check one of the dead players and receive a list of players who may have killed him

The Coward, Town-Aligned Hider - hides behind another player at night, if he is targeted for a kill, the person he is hiding behind dies instead

Funnily enough I had the coward role in my game.

AOTY(Rocket Rabbit) had it but had to survive the first day before he could activate it.

You guys lynched him first day though. :crying:

I'm currently trying to put my first game together, but I only want to register it when it's ready. Is someone of the experienced game runners willing to help me with balancing and whatnot, because I'm not really sure if I'm doing a good job.

Would be greatly appreciated :) Oh and the game is supposed to be about Dexter (the TV-series), so if you really really want to play the game and thus can't help (because you then would know all the roles), that's fine (Y)

Quick response. :P

Funnily enough I had the coward role in my game.

AOTY(Rocket Rabbit) had it but had to survive the first day before he could activate it.

You guys lynched him first day though. :crying:

That was my first mafia game. I was pumped about the role, got myself lynched with some shitty play though.

Agreed. I was pissed that I didn't last day one. Inexperience and I self-destructed basically, I'm pretty sure it was RW who pushed for my lynch. He turned out to be the exact person I called in Tina Turner, was he indy? I can't remember.

I'm thinking of trying to put together a game. I tried searching, but has anyone ran a Harry Potter game? I found a sign-up thread but couldn't find a game thread. If no-one has I might put one together and try to run it, with some help and tips from experienced runners hopefully.

No Eddie G was the only indy in the game.

RW was the town deprioritiser. He'd name a person at night and sing to them and they'd be so distracted that their action would go to the back of the queue and if that person was targeted with a kill, they would die before their action went through.