Misheard Lyrics

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In 'Wait And Bleed' by Slipknot, I always thought it was 'I felt the hate rise up and me, kneel down and feel my soul unleashed' when I was younger.....sounded a lot better to me.

I also thought the line following that was "Inside Michelle I wait and bleed". I kept thinking "Who's Michelle?"

How has nobody mentioned "Blinded by the Light?"

Actual lyric: "Revved up like a deuce"

Misheard lyric: "Wrapped up like a douche"

And my favorite was when Metallica's "I Disappear" came out, I was listening to the radio and some guy was like, "I wanna hear that Metallica song where he says 'Ain't no pussy left for me.'" The DJ plays it and comes back on and says "IT'S MERCY YOU DUMBASS!"

There's a song by a group called the Authorities called "I hate cops". The first line goes "Well I hate cops, they're all fucking niggers".

Now, when I hear this song, I hear nigger blatantly. However, the lead singer has made it abundantly clear that he isn't saying niggers, but something else. I honestly can't remember what it is he says that he said in that lyric, but I think he said it was "Piggers". I don't know. The group wasn't a racist group though, so it seems feasible that it's just tough to decipher what he said.

Even before the spoof video, and to this very day even now I know the real lyric, I always mishear the "misery of me" part of Dance, Dance as "Mister Miyagi".

And in The Kinslayer by Nightwish, my warped mind managed to turn:

"Even the dead cry,

it's their only comfort"

into

"Even the dead cry,

they're on the COM port."

:( Being a geek and a nerd at the same time sucks sometimes _¬¬

Edited by Farmer Reil

Saul Walliams - Telegram

Heard lyric:

"Where my aliens at, girl, we're all illegal."

Misheard lyric:

"Where my aliens at, girl, we're all ill nino."

For better or worse, I like my misheard lyric better.

I'm going DOWN TUUUUU on the RURALURAAA!!

I always heard that as "Down town on my liillilaroaa". Which I imagined as some kind of ostrich thing.

I've never heard that as anything other than we're going down down in an earlier round :/

To be honest, FOB's lead singer does have a peculiar way of pronouncing certain words, and also has a weird way about him where he doesn't seem to finish the words fully.

I dunno, I assume thats why people can't always make out what he is saying in an otherwise straightforward song.

I'm going DOWN TUUUUU on the RURALURAAA!!

I always heard that as "Down town on my liillilaroaa". Which I imagined as some kind of ostrich thing.

I've never heard that as anything other than we're going down down in an earlier round :/

To be honest, FOB's lead singer does have a peculiar way of pronouncing certain words, and also has a weird way about him where he doesn't seem to finish the words fully.

I dunno, I assume thats why people can't always make out what he is saying in an otherwise straightforward song.

I thought it was them more going off about those videos that were posted ages ago.

In Shut Up and Dance by Aerosmith:

Real lyric: And you shove your nose in your funky spot

What I thought it was: And you shove your nose and you fuck your spot....

:ohwell:

Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue, Where The Wild Roses Grow.

Real lyric:

"My trembling subsided in his sure embrace."

What I heard, for years, and still do to some extent:

"My trembling subsided in his Turin Brakes."