What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Aristocrats- 8/10. I thought I was going to die laughing. Funniest movie of the year so far.

Spirited Away- 7/10. Loses a bit in comparison to this one, but still a solid, excellent film.

B00005JOD7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Red Eye - 5/10

A rather poorly written B-movie turned into a meh flight thriller, Red Eye attempts to dispell the theory that a good cast and a legendary director can dispell poor writing. Both leads, Rachel McAdams ("The Notebook", "Mean Girls", and every Canadian and American male's dreams) and Cillian Murphy ("28 Days Later", "Batman Begins"), have characters are interesting, but at the end of the day, both feel wasted in otherwise one-dimensional roles. Plus...

In the final act, Murphy pretty much gets his ass kicked by McAdams. I mean, he barely gets a blow in. Plus, I busted out laughing when Murphy had his vocal chords sore. There's so many better ways the ending sequence could've been done.

To its credit, it does contain a decent first two acts, including an deliberate reference in the airport bathroom scene that actually shows some humor. And I am probably nagging about it, especially when the film was a pretty good ride in the theatres. It just needed to change some things before takeoff.

Edited by Reptilia

postsuicideclubthumbnail.jpg

8.5/10

What a weird movie. I'm positive this movie will never be remade into an American version because of the content of the movie and whatnot.

It's a grotesque movie, without a doubt. You thought Final Destination had some nasty deaths? A young mother cuts through her hand with a butcher's knife in front of her little girl like it's nothing while she's cutting cooking dough. The hell, seriously.

J-Pop star Rolly is fucking awesome as Genesis, who is the "Charles Manson of the Information age". The song he does in the movie is wicked, too.

Overall, if you've seen The Grudge and The Ring, and you hated the American versions, watch this movie. You'll never want to see an American version of a Japanese horror/suspense/creepy movie again. Because they don't compare to the original.

Edited by Tristy

B0000CABE5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life - 1/10

I saw this film on Thursday. Then on Friday I was going to review it, but I just couldn't, so I put it off to today. After a day of slo-pitch, you'd think I might have put enough distance between myself and the movie to formulate some sensible words for describing this epic disaster. You would be wrong. Horrible, just horrible. So uh... thumbs down.

I haven't seen the film yet(never really planned to), and I guess it isn't worth looking at. It sucks when you know a few hours of your life have been wasted watching a horrible film, and its a horrible feeling, I felt when I watched Alexander...in the theatres <_<

B0002SCZTY.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Football Factory: 10/10

About Chelsea hooligans. Chelsea draw Milwall in the FA Cup and all shit kicks off. Danny Dyer is fucking brilliant.

B00006JI02.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Chasing Amy: 9/10

B0009M9FCS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Clerks: 10/10

I had a four hour each way drive to Manchester over the weekend so I decided to only bring movies I know I liked to watch on my portable DVD player.

Battle Royale II - 9/10

While some same it's not as good as the original....I think it was a worthy followup, instead of giving viewers more of the same type of violence and rehashed story like so many sequels do, it starts off with a different kind of BR....

Excellent film. (Y)