What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

B0000YEE6C.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

House of the Dead - 1.5/10 or (1/2*) On viewing 2, I noticed that the Matrix battle scene is even gayer and stupid than I thought it was before. The film also just as unintentionally funny.

P.S. I like how I skip brilliant programming like Deadwood and the Richard Jeni special to watch a cinematic disaster... :D

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

From Justin to Kelly - 1.5/10

I can't believe I actually sat down and watched this whole movie. The singing should've tipped me off but wow, what a piece of shit. The only thing that redeems it is Kelly was looking hot and her blonde friend was very sexy.

a8e0f22d.jpg

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation - 3/10 or (*) Second worst game adaptation ever.

B00008EY9G.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Identity - 9/10 or (***1/2) TWO TWISTS! And in a movie with an amazing cast, including John Cusack, Ray Liotta, Alfred Molina, and even Amanda Peet to an extent, good dialogue, and the awesome twists; it deserves every bit of this 9/10 rating.

0783229356.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Smokey and the Bandit - 7.5/10 or (***) Even if it wasn't the best flick of 1977, it definitely was the most fun with an ease that while makes it not a classic for the ages, it does make it a cool ride that entertains.

B00006WUWN.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Austin Powers in Goldmember - 6/10 or (**1/2) In the third chapter of the Mike Myers starring spy parody series, it seems all that Myers wants to do is stick as many cameos up the anus as possible rather than continue the parody-satire that made Austin Powers 1 such a smart and hilarious film. It just feels much inferior to chpater one and relies on some of the same jokes to work again. That said, it's not without hilarity but the third also just feels unnecessary (though, inevitable after the HUGE success of Austin Powers 2). Otherwise, I liked it, but at this rate, an Austin Powers 4 can only mean disaster.

B00005JLQE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

8 Mile - 7/10 or (**1/2) In what could be considered a surprisingly underrated drama, this film from critically-acclaimed director Curtis Hanson is a look at the life of a rapper, slightly inspired from star Eminem's life story. The film's biggest draw is Eminem's own performance, though admittedly it can't be too hard being yourself for a two-hour flick. Another solid performance comes from supporting actress Kim Basinger, who has also managed to be quite underrated herself despite roles in very good films, including Hanson's own L.A. Confidential. That said, it does have its flaws, including the performance of Brittany Murphy and the film feeling too long at intervals. Still, I liked the film when it first came out and I've still found myself liking it quite well still.

hotelrwanda_bigposter.jpg

8/10

Great performance by Don Cheadle....if Jamie Foxx wasn't nominated I would say Cheadle or Leo would win Best Actor. Eastwood was great but great enough for a nomination.

2005-1-20-aviastor-tall.jpg

7.5/10

Definently not Scorsese's best but definently a good movie. Best Picture worthy? Not really, but it will win.

B00006LPHA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Halloween: Resurrection - 4/10 or (*1/2) Halloween Resurrection may have one of the more awesome moments in slasher history in its first 15 minutes. However, after that segment is done, you are left with a terrible movie for another hour and 15. Not recommended.

Lost Voyage: 4.5/10. Has that dude from The Breakfast Club in it. Bearable for the first half an hour or so, but really goes downhill. It's like they were trotting along, but then realized they didn't have much time left so they quickly came up with an ending. Very poor. Better than Alexander, though.

Lost Voyage: 4.5/10.  Has that dude from The Breakfast Club in it.  Bearable for the first half an hour or so, but really goes downhill.  It's like they were trotting along, but then realized they didn't have much time left so they quickly came up with an ending.  Very poor.  Better than Alexander, though.