What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

B0002234LS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Secret Window - 6.5/10 or (**1/2) What starts as occasional run-of-the-mill thriller actually gets pretty enjoyable with a good twist in the end. While it feels more like a one-performance movie (that, of course, being Depp), I actually liked this one despite the opinions I had heard about it.

B0001MMGUO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Torque - 2.5/10 or (*) Now what we see is an 80 minute long music video. Unfortunately, this ill-contrived premise helmed by music video director Joseph Kahn has absurd stunts and more absurd acting tries to be a mix of The Fast and the Furious and Biker Boyz and fails at both and at being anywhere near decent.

6304884419.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

A Bronx Tale- 7/10 Good movie. Chazz Palmenteri was great in this I thought, and he certainley deserves more roles because hes not in many movies.

B00000K0DT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Usual Suspects- 9/10 Just saw this for the first time after hearing people and praise about it, and now I see why. Great movie. Kevin Spacey is a great actor and he certainley shows it in this movie. Chazz Palmenteri deserves more roles and screen time dammit! The last 10 minutes or so of the movie are quite possibly the best portion of not only this movie, but every movie I've seen.

cold_mountain.jpg

8/10: Nice DVD purchase. Great movie, Great Cast. Natalie Portman + Nicole Kidman=Heaven :P

B00000F0EA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Barb Wire - 2/10 or (1/2*)

B000065U36.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Orange County - 7/10 or (**1/2)

B0000AKCKM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Core - 5.5/10 or (**) If anything, The Core is not the film to get overly critical when watching, because if that were the case, you would find nothing likable about the movie. I'll speak that opinion anyway, though. The problems among this movie are that Aaron Eckhart overacts, the concept is ludicrous, and the opening effects and first disaster scenes look pretty dumb. Still, I enjoyed it because of its other effects and well intention to keep you watching. That's what entertainment is all about, and while it is pretty flawed, The Core is entertaining enough to not be a total disaster.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

B0000WN1PO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Grind - ** (4/10)

From various producers/directors/writers who brought you various films you don't want to see, Grind came out approximately 5 months before You Got Served, and serves as a foul reminder of that ill-fated film. Sports themed movies generally take one of two themes these days: either it involves a team of miscreants who get to know each other and end up winning the big game, or a group of unbelievably talented athletes who just need a chance to show off their skills. This movie and YGS both chose that pidgeonhole, and in the process took away any hope of originality. You know that the good guys are going to get their big chance at the end, at they're going to ace it. You know that the male lead will get the girl. Most importantly, you know there will be plenty of juvenile teenage hijinks throughout. That's pretty much "Grind" inside and out. The cast is perfectly alright at doing exactly what the script and director called for, but there's just nothing to work with here. I'm sure that entire scenes were scripted with a single phrase "Skateboarding Montage". Adam Brody is wasted here as fodder for stupid gags a la Vince Vieluf, not that he could have done much good in this muddled mess. Thumbs down.

B0000WN1PO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Grind - ** (4/10)

From various producers/directors/writers who brought you various films you don't want to see, Grind came out approximately 5 months before You Got Served, and serves as a foul reminder of that ill-fated film. Sports themed movies generally take one of two themes these days: either it involves a team of miscreants who get to know each other and end up winning the big game, or a group of unbelievably talented athletes who just need a chance to show off their skills. This movie and YGS both chose that pidgeonhole, and in the process took away any hope of originality. You know that the good guys are going to get their big chance at the end, at they're going to ace it. You know that the male lead will get the girl. Most importantly, you know there will be plenty of juvenile teenage hijinks throughout. That's pretty much "Grind" inside and out. The cast is perfectly alright at doing exactly what the script and director called for, but there's just nothing to work with here. I'm sure that entire scenes were scripted with a single phrase "Skateboarding Montage". Adam Brody is wasted here as fodder for stupid gags a la Vince Vieluf, not that he could have done much good in this muddled mess. Thumbs down.

Anchorman 7.5/10

A reasonably funny film, with a suprisingly good story (if a bit formulaic). Whilst it is funny, for a comedy, it isn't funny enough, expecially in the first third of the film (where too many jokes just 'miss'. I'm also unsure of its ability to stand up to repeat viewings. Overall though, it is fairly funny, with a good story, and well worth the watch once.

Grind - 6/10

Not a great movie by any means but I've seen it about ten times already and it's still an entertaining movie.

Secret Window - 7/10

I heard all the bad reviews on the film, so I waited until it came out on tape a few months ago and I actually found it to be pretty good. As someone said a few posts ago, it really was a one performance movie but it was still done pretty well. This is my third viewing and it still keeps up from my first viewing.

B00008VFCA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

A Guy Thing - 7.5/10

Found this to be a pretty funny film actually. Another good film that involves Julia Stiles, I really am a big fan of this woman now after seeing and liking so many of her films.

B00004RFFS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Interview With A Vampire - 8.5/10

Okay so I tuned in like twenty minutes late and only watched like fourty minutes of the film. From what I see though it looked like some awesome stuff to me. Kirsten looks great, so funny how young she is in this one. Pitt and Cruise seem to work well together, I'll try get this on DVD and watch it fully.