What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I,  Daniel Blake. I can't remember the last time a film gripped me like this. Or at least the last film without an extended fight sequence.

I honestly had a little cry halfway through the film and had to pause it and get KFC. Is there another director that can squeeze a performance from a non-actor as well as Loach can?

Kenneth Branaugh of all people directed one of those Jack Ryan films. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, I believe it is. That blew my mind.

2 minutes ago, Your Cloud And Mine said:

Kenneth Branaugh of all people directed one of those Jack Ryan films. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, I believe it is. That blew my mind.

yeah that's what i watched it was well boring. I just read the FAQ on imdb and I guess I stopped paying attention during the film cause I don't remember the ending they describe at all.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MDK said:

I,  Daniel Blake. I can't remember the last time a film gripped me like this. Or at least the last film without an extended fight sequence.

I honestly had a little cry halfway through the film and had to pause it and get KFC. Is there another director that can squeeze a performance from a non-actor as well as Loach can?

I'd say Andrea Arnold. Her leads in Fish Tank and American Honey were both non-actors and give unbelievable performances, the kind where you can't imagine how they'd make that film without them, which is even more impressive because they were both street cast. 

On 07/11/2017 at 09:30, Jimmy said:

I'd say Andrea Arnold. Her leads in Fish Tank and American Honey were both non-actors and give unbelievable performances, the kind where you can't imagine how they'd make that film without them, which is even more impressive because they were both street cast. 

Yeah but I have no idea who that is 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Owen said:

12 Angry Men. Watching it for an assignment but totally forgot to make notes. Oops. Excellent film.

What's your assignment about? You should watch the remake as well. It's not good, but it might give you some more stuff to write about.

anyway Netflix UK got La La Land the other day, I started watching but had to leave for work. Pretty sure I'm in love with it though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, K said:

What's your assignment about? You should watch the remake as well. It's not good, but it might give you some more stuff to write about.

anyway Netflix UK got La La Land the other day, I started watching but had to leave for work. Pretty sure I'm in love with it though.

Well, the assignment was to find something from the real world, or share a story that happened to you, or make something up and then apply social psychology theories to it and assess them... so it's not really crucial to know the details of the film or to make notes on specific happenings, as I can just apply it to general jury situations with majority influence, minority influence, peer pressure, that kinda stuff.

I managed to watch Citizen Kane the whole way through for the first time! Pretty good film. I suppose.

Other things I have watched lately:

One of Us - This is a doc on Netflix about people who leave New York's hasidic community. Yikes. 

This Is 40 - it's fine. Albert Brooks is the best thing in it.