"Tonight we will dine in hell"

Krazy_K

I actually had no interest to see it. However, two friends of mine who are a couple were bringing another girl and asked me to go to balance things out, so I agreed to see it.

Not going in expecting much, I thought it was really, really good. Had I been all hyped up, I probably would have thought it was up to standards. Don't get me wrong, the fighting scenes and such will pull you in and you will get into it a lot. However, I just could not get into ANYTHING that the queen was doing. Well, there was one scene, but that doesn't count. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10, which pretty much says I am glad I ended up being dragged out to see it, cause it was DEFINATELY worth the money, tho to me it seems like a movie you wouldnt see more than once. HOWEVER, you have to see it in a big theatre setting.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the whole "The queen did nothing for me" statement. At her main point of focus in the entire movie at the court, she still did nothing for me. Apparently its not the same for others because a group of people in the back of the theatre clapped. Overall though it was a good movie, I enjoyed it a lot. They had some incredible fight scenes, and I loved the way it ended.

I actually had no interest to see it. However, two friends of mine who are a couple were bringing another girl and asked me to go to balance things out, so I agreed to see it.

Not going in expecting much, I thought it was really, really good. Had I been all hyped up, I probably would have thought it was up to standards. Don't get me wrong, the fighting scenes and such will pull you in and you will get into it a lot. However, I just could not get into ANYTHING that the queen was doing. Well, there was one scene, but that doesn't count. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10, which pretty much says I am glad I ended up being dragged out to see it, cause it was DEFINATELY worth the money, tho to me it seems like a movie you wouldnt see more than once. HOWEVER, you have to see it in a big theatre setting.

Did you get the girl though? :pervert:

$70 million? Goddamn. Isn't that something like double what Sin City made in its opening? Wild Hogs (the number two movie) has barely made that much in two weeks. I know pickings are slim at the theaters right now, but I did not expect this movie to do that well at all.

In fact, it's nearly equal to Sin City's entire domestic total. And that was with a star studded cast.

I honestly thought Sin City was better in every aspect, but it's a cool movie killing at the box office, so I've got no complaints about that.

I don't think Frank Miller wrote the original graphic novel with historical accuracy in mind as much as writing something that's an entertaining read.

Well there's some accuarcies. The names are correct... There was only a contingent of 300 spartans, but they were supported by 700 or so others. It was a citizen who led the Persians to the alternate route.

But, really, it was just such a badass movie. I went to see it twice this weekend, it was awesome.

This was the best historically inaccurate movie I've ever seen.

You mean there weren't giants, fat blobs with blades for arms, half naked drugged-up oracles waiting to be fondled by boil-infested psychopaths or deformed warrior wannabes in the actual Sparta?

This was the best historically inaccurate movie I've ever seen.

You mean there weren't giants, fat blobs with blades for arms, half naked drugged-up oracles waiting to be fondled by boil-infested psychopaths or deformed warrior wannabes in the actual Sparta?

And sadly they wore more armour than just pants and baby oil :shifty:

My words were totally misunderstood, largely my fault. I had no problem with the inaccuracies, I know there was no motivation at all to even tell the real story of what happened. It was fun and stylish, and true to the graphic novel. I was more making a joke about the people who have dismissed it for being historically inaccurate. Like my history professor.

EDIT - I can't spell anymore.

Edited by damshow