SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

The annoying part of the No Mercy season for me was how every damn title had a 2 on 1 handicap match in there somewhere. Hated those things with a passion.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno why Zero hates No Mercy so much. What did No Mercy ever do to you, Zero?

Because it really hasn't aged well. The customization is amazing, but I really don't think the Season Mode was that great, especially considering the ticking timebomb of wiping out your game if you ever used a CAW. And the losing matches part is a good idea in theory, but it would be helpful if the game was actually hard enough where you might actually lose a match and it not be on purpose. You can win a match in No Mercy in 50 seconds, easily. Again, I'm not saying Smackdown is better, because it's not, but No Mercy has been put up on this untouchable pedestal when it's just not that good anymore.

The Sandman's entrance tidbit was the one thing that excited me in the article.

Read the one they had for the Wii and they said how the controls would be "basic" so don't know now if I want to shell out the 50 bucks for it or just rent it to see how it is and get the ps2 version.

Honestly, I don't think it'll turn out good for the Wii. I read the articles on it, and how you could powerbomb guys by picking them up with the Wiimote and slamming them down, etc. But I'm not really impressed. I mean, I'm not going to judge people who like 5 moves in a match, but if the Wii has basic controls, could fans really enjoy that? Maybe I'm being PS3/PS2 biased, but I just think it's not a great idea to release it on the Wii. Maybe it'll do good though. Excited for the game though. Hope they updated the CAWs, and can't wait to make some classic ECW stars now that ECW will be incorporated more. Mikey Whipwreck CAW? Why, please and thank you.

Guest Anti-Hero

Is anyone else REALLY excited about the "selecting weapons from under the ring" aspect? That's something I've wanted since Smackdown 1 on the Playstation.

I like the fact that they said last gen would probably be very close to the newer gen game and that now having a manager or putting a title on the line aren't in seperate match modes anymore just selectable options when setting up certain match types. So you no longer have to go through 50 menus just to have a title match. I'm not really excited about the crowd being able to hold an opponent for me; I mean how often does that happen in real life?

Never, but it an all likelehood, it'll hardly ever happen in the game. I'm excited about the fact that they're making a big deal about having reanimated a lot of the moves. It's great, as a lot of those animations were starting to look very dated, and a new RKO! Finally! Just hope this one looks convincing.

One thing I REALLY hope they've got rid of is the "crotch on the ring ropes" UC grapple. I was having an awesome match earlier today, went 20+ minutes, when about two minutes from the end, my opponent sticks me on the ropes, and bounces me until his stamina runs out, then pins me. And wins. Completely ruined that whole match for me.

Never, but it an all likelehood, it'll hardly ever happen in the game. I'm excited about the fact that they're making a big deal about having reanimated a lot of the moves. It's great, as a lot of those animations were starting to look very dated, and a new RKO! Finally! Just hope this one looks convincing.

Yeah, we do. But I use Randy Orton a lot, and it's always bugged me that they got the finishing move of one of their biggest stars very very wrong, when for the most part, their animations are very good.

Having said that, I was playing on one of the older Smackdown's today, and I was amazed how much better some of the animations were than the ones we have now. And I don't think it's a coincidence that all the ones I dislike are directly ported from Wrestlemania 21 on the Xbox, with it's terrible, terrible motion-capturing.

Edited by Hutch2004