SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you beat them by going through Hall of Fame direct challenge mode however if you've done it like you have to with the ECW HoF challenge and set it up yourself then you have to go back to the HoF challenge menu for it to unlock all the items you should have unlocked... then you have to pay $210,000... hopefully that made sense.

EDIT: I get what you're saying now, you can't beat them to unlock them because you can't set up a match with them? Go to game modes > Hall Of Fame then choose the direct challenges such as Bret Hart Vs. Stone Cold Submission match... Stone Cold should become unlocked, Shawn Michaels Vs. Bret Hart Ironman match... Bret Hart should become unlocked etc.

Edited by 619 fan

• 2 weeks later...

I was all for defending the story mode of 24/7, but not any more.

I go into the week before Survivor Series the champion. I see I'm wrestling a meaningless 'warmup' against Dykstra so I simulate it. Somehow I actually wrestled Bobby Lashley and lost the WWE title, and was knocked out of Survivor Series...except I didn't wrestle Lashley OR lose the title. I was just left off of Survivor Series, and Batista wrestled Regal in a first blood match instead of Lashley in a title v. titles match. The very next storyline, I'm the WWE champion.

The continuity errors. They burns.

I was all for defending the story mode of 24/7, but not any more.

I go into the week before Survivor Series the champion. I see I'm wrestling a meaningless 'warmup' against Dykstra so I simulate it. Somehow I actually wrestled Bobby Lashley and lost the WWE title, and was knocked out of Survivor Series...except I didn't wrestle Lashley OR lose the title. I was just left off of Survivor Series, and Batista wrestled Regal in a first blood match instead of Lashley in a title v. titles match. The very next storyline, I'm the WWE champion.

The continuity errors. They burns.

They have to have the same set exactly. So for Pow/Show the guy has to be a Powerhouse primary and a Showman secondary, for example.

And there's no way to set CAW points other than buying them up to 80 and going the rest of the way in 24/7. It's nice that you can't just run into auto-99s online, but I'm not playing online and it's boring having to level them up. Then again I'm playing on normal and was winning matches with a 60 OVR, so.

After playing on a friend's ps2 I decided to take his game (since he hates it) and emulate it on my PC to see how it works (no PS2 for me ;/).. 6-7 Frames per second.

I played about 20 matches (yes Im desperate) in 24/7 and everything is so glitched it almost killed all the fun :( I was playing Taker, and they hook me up with surprise legend partner Hot Rod ?! and he calls Taker boy and rookie and stuff -_- not to mention I can't even tell who the champ is? Hardy, Helms, Kennedy and Booker are all n1 contenders...

At the end I got a 4-way ladder match for a movie contract :o which i lost.. but having read through this thread I get all the glitches too.. repeated cutscenes all the time, glitched ending cuts etc..

Best is I had a main event that was to be me vs booker in a first blood match.. and i get emails all the week about it, and then the match itself was me vs booker+helms in a handicap o_O (which i won)

are all the sdvsraw games like that ? :/

I hated THQ all the way back to the PS1 games Know your role, I can't believe they haven't learned anything :/

are all the sdvsraw games like that ? :/

Not really, I'd say. '06 and '07 were better than this.

I hated THQ all the way back to the PS1 games Know your role, I can't believe they haven't learned anything :/

You missed out on the best game in the Smackdown series, then.

damn.. I defeat all the odds etc etc with Edge and being WH champ in SD!.. and then comes WM23 against HHH the Raw champ.. Hell in a cell.. I start all yellow from damages, kick his ass, get on top of the cell.. and then I decide to kick him as he climbs.

And Edge dives?! and falls to his demise, 1-2-3, I'm screwed xD (Yes that was my first HIAC)

• 3 weeks later...

I officially hate most of the morons who play online. Just had a TLC match with a created wrestler (99 overall of course) who did nothing but hit me with a ladder then hit his finisher, rinse and repeat.

Then I followed up that fun match with a triple threat against Undertaker and Randy Orton. However I never knew Orton used a spear...or that he picked people up by the throat. He also spent the entire match punching people from outside of the ring. *Sigh*...where's the fun in that?

I want to get online lol.

My created wrestler has an 80 overall, I just haven't bothered to get him up to 90.

Does everyone online use a 99 overall wrestler that is a superweight?

I created a lightweight for the first time as a created wrestler.

Anyone with the 360 version care to tell me how to get the Rope a Dope achivement? It doesn't help matters that it is so vague.

"Perform a succesful springboard attack off each side of the ropes."

I assumed it meant do one off the ropes on each side of the ring but when I tried both on a standing and downed opponent I got nothing. You could take it as meaning as literally both side of the ropes, ie in the ring and on the apron but to my knowledge there is no moves from the apron other than throwing a punch into the ring and your standard aerial moves to the floor on the outside.

So, yeah, help please. :shifty:

Has to be inside the ring. Use a high flier like rey mysterio or jeff hardy. You have to to lean on the ropes (while your opponent is in the ring) and press x. You have to do this successfully (meaning you have to connect) on each side of the ring.