Favorite CDs At The Moment Thread.

ROC

So I got bored and resurrected an idea that I think...Liam maybe did last. The topic title pretty much sums it up.

So I thought about the thread and thought what I would put as my fave. I got close to saying Black Rebel Motorcycle Club despite how weak Baby 81 was, just because Take Them On, On Your Own owns, but I finally listened to most of Rage Against The Machine - Renegades, and it just was awesome. Say what you will about RATM, but any band that manages to make their covers stand out just as much as their written material is doing something right.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lily Allen; Alright Still

Kaiser Chiefs; Employment

Patrick Wolf; The Magic Position

LCD Soundsystem; Sound of Silver

Blur; Think Tank

Queen; The Greatest Hits.

I've spent the last hour and a half totally entranced by "(Stars Of The Lid) And Their Refinement Of The Decline" by Stars Of The Lid, and it's still going. The best 'ambient' music I've ever heard. Some amazing orchestral landscapes, just flat out beautiful. Album of the year thus far, and perfect to throw on and just get lost in.

With a new album confirmed for this year, I've found myself listening to "Reconstruction Site" by The Weakerthans. Amazing to think the singer was in Propagandhi, seriously. Propagandhi are the only vegans/vegetarians in the world that aren't total pussies...purely because they've stolen the awesome from everyone else. :shifty: And The Weakerthans just seem too 'nice', for him to have been in Propagandhi. They had a song on the end of the "Wedding Crashers", where if you listen to the commentary, it's revealed the Rachel McAdams recommended them, making her even more awesome/hot.

Got my hands on "Fallen" by Evanescence again recently, and been giving that a good number of listens. However most of that just seems to be "Tourniquet", "My Immortal" and "Whisper" on repeat.

"Death Alive" by Death By Stereo has been receiving a fair amount of plays. I swear, I may not listen to their album stuff ever again. They give off so much energy live (Even on record), which I haven't heard from anyone in a LONG time. Their songs are faster, meaner, and just flat out awesome. This really makes me feel shit that I didn't travel and see them on their UK tour.

"Emergency On Planet Earth" by Jamiroquai is receiving a hell of a lot of plays at the minute. And besides some shitty circumstances, work and play, this is the major reason that I never got around to posting my next batch of 'reviews', as I've literally become addicted to this thing. Jamiroquai, best band in the world, ever.

Unofficial Year Zero 5 Track Sampler by Nine Inch Nails.

It's only the 4 leaked songs, and a better version of "The Beginning Of The End" radio rip. I'm still pumped for Year Zero in just over a week.

"We Must Obey" by Fu Manchu

"The Blackening" by Machine Head

"The Maggot" by the Melvins

"Return to Cookie Mountain" by TV on the Radio

"Vena Sera" by Chevelle

"Mezzanine" by Massive Attack

"Leviathan" by Mastodon

Pretty much the only albums I've been listening to lately other than the leaked NIN tracks.

Tom Waits - Blood Machine

It's a little tricky to get into, even by Tom Waits standards, but it's fucking worth it. It's the most quintessential Waits album this side of "Rain Dogs", jumping from his beautiful ballads like "Who Are You" (one of my favourite Waits songs, if not one of my favourite songs PERIOD) to real visceral junkyard stomp like "Earth Died Screaming" or "In The Colosseum".

It's everything Tom Waits, and music, should be.

Faith No More - The Real Thing and Pantera Reinventing Hell: The Best of Pantera are the only two cd's that I've been listening to lately.

I bought Machine Head's The Blackening the other day, but I haven't got around to listening to it properly.

Edited by LK.

Four One Five Two by Sundowner is still getting a good amount of plays from me. Been listening to Casually Dressed & Deep In Conversation a bit more recently by Funeral For A Friend as well. That's pretty much it for albums, mainly just been jumping around between single songs on albums recently.

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank

The Smiths - Rank

Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism

Ryan Adams - Rock N Roll

Idlewild - The Remote Part

Led Zeppelin - The Best of

Klaxons - Myths of the Near Future

Rather random but that's what I like right now

Maximo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures

I can't believe this keeps getting slated everywhere.

Nine Inch Nails - The Leaked Year Zero Tracks

Oh my, am I ever psyched. Not psyched enough to listen to a shitty recording though >_>

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

Still. Fucking. Amazing.

Abdominal - Escape From The Pigeon Hole

A really good, solid album, with some very impressive bits - most notably Breathe Later.

Sage Francis - Human The Death Dance

I like it. It's still no Personal Journals, but it's a great, great record on its own merit.

VNV Nation - Empires

If this isn't the perfect 'alone @ night' album, I don't know what is.