14) Leicester City= 553,000

15) Norwich City= 458,000

16) Middlesbrough= 452,000

17) Southampton= 429,000

18) Hearts= 398,000

19) Wolverhampton Wanderers= 384,000

20) Sheffield Wednesday= 371,000

With the most hated team being Arsenal.

Man United and Liverpool are by far the most supported English teams in the world. Liverpool have always been popular due to their European history and Man United were a marketing powerhouse. And still are.

I'd say Man United are the biggest team in the world right now. They have masses of supporters in Europe, Asia, North America, Africa, Oceania and even South America (which is much more Real Madrid/Barcelona territory).

Charlton also wear black away strips by the way.

Spurs are bigger in Britain than Newcastle and Everton and also in Europe. Apparantly we're the most supported English club in Netherlands as well as a few other countries. We also seem to have a decent following in Australia if EWB is anything to go by!

Anyways yes, Spurs have always been a bigger club than Newcastle but historically it's probably Liverpool and now Manchester United and Chelsea.

Guest Ringy Said Knock You Out

Spurs are bigger in Britain than Newcastle and Everton and also in Europe. Apparantly we're the most supported English club in Netherlands as well as a few other countries. We also seem to have a decent following in Australia if EWB is anything to go by!

Dont know wheather you may care or not but right now they are showing Man Utd vs. AS Roma on Espn 2 and then Chelsea vs Valencia both games in the UEFA Champions League if you are looking to watch some football that isnt on at 2 in the morning.

Edited by Green Demon

Going back to the Reading thing... if Reading were playing a team in black shirts, they'd have been at home. So assuming it was a fairly recent game, it must've been Portsmouth.

Did they have a massive black dude in defence? ¬_¬

Edited by Farmer Reil

Spurs big in Holland?

Bollocks.

Spurs is referred to as that "shitty team where Martin Jol is working"

Arsenal had a huge following for a long time thanks to Dennis Bergkamp (and Marc Overmars)

At the moment most of my mates talk about Chelsea most.

Except for right now ´cause of Liverpool - PSV but yeah.. Chelsea and Liverpool are probably the 2 most followed teams in Holland. Blame Kuyt for the Liverpool following.

Spurs big in Holland?

Bollocks.

Spurs is referred to as that "shitty team where Martin Jol is working"

Arsenal had a huge following for a long time thanks to Dennis Bergkamp (and Marc Overmars)

At the moment most of my mates talk about Chelsea most.

Except for right now ´cause of Liverpool - PSV but yeah.. Chelsea and Liverpool are probably the 2 most followed teams in Holland. Blame Kuyt for the Liverpool following.

Edited by Kudas Lexcariot

Well.. only Robben..

Kalou was actually hated for going to Chelsea 'cause if he stayed and played for Feyenoord he would've most probably been granted a Dutch passport to play for Holland at the WC.

And Bouhlarouz was playing in Germany when he went to Chelsea so people didn't really care too much.

Spurs are not as big as Everton.

Well, according to what was posted, they have more fans, and a much vaster history of winning things in England and in Europe, which is how I look at how teams are viewed as big. So yeah, Spurs are bigger, just about.

Going back to the Reading thing... if Reading were playing a team in black shirts, they'd have been at home. So assuming it was a fairly recent game, it must've been Portsmouth.

I believe they did.

I believe they did.

Kranjcar. That name sounds familiar, I'm 98% certain I saw it on the back of a jersey during the game. So it was Portsmouth?