Footy teams

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm all for the Melbourne Victory!

I also remember in Australia a few years back Leeds United were pretty well supported due to the fact that they had several Aussies in Harry Kewell, Mark Viduka, Jacob Burns, Danny Milosevic and Jamie McMaster playing for them.

It's not surprising that you don't see many Leeds Utd supporters in Australia these days though. They have all jumped on the Chelsea bandwagon....for now anyway!

Well I know that Blackburn is somewhat followed where I live since Friedal was born in the area and people just followed where he went. I try to catch Reading when they are on over here since they got a couple American players who I like and I like how well the have done this year since getting promoted.

I didn't say that besides those three teams nobody cared, I just said those were the main three and every other team has a smaller to insignificant following. I can see cases like that yeah where an American player has a fanbase large for a team in a certain area, but those are just isolated.

I think any of the big teams across the continent have big followings, but at the moment the buzz teams are what you see at the top of the Premiership, specifically those still in Europe.

Every teams has their own substancial following though, so I'm sure it isn't just 5 year olds supporting Charlton or just East London supporting West Ham or whatnot.

Love grows where my Bobbie goes, and nobody scores like he. ¬_¬

Domestically, I follow:

Bristol Rovers first and foremost, of course.

Plymouth Argyle second, because they're closest to my home town (the one I was born and grew up in), and next season they'll be beating Bristol City twice a year, so it's all good.

Wherever Bobbie is playing are a distant third, because he's awesome. And hopefully will be sold when West Ham go down ¬_¬

I also keep tabs on Arsenal and Blackburn (the former because I supported them when I was young and didn't know any better, the latter because they're called Rovers and play in blue and white quarters ¬_¬).

Worldwide, I keep tabs on Tampere United, because I managed them in my most successful/long-running FM game ever, and Tampere is fucking awesome and I'll live there one day, and AC Milan because I play as them in PES, and Pirlo is the sex.

I also tend to cheer on whoever gets promoted, unless one of them is Sunderland, Southampton or (if a miracle happens next season) Bristol City (obviously).

Edited by Farmer Reil

I also tend to cheer on whoever gets promoted, unless one of them is Sunderland, Southampton or (if a miracle happens next season) Bristol City (obviously).

I knew there was a reason you're a cunt.

And there it is.

:pinch:

Is he fuck a cunt. He follows our results with pride. >_>

Sunderland always seem like one of those "Minardi-esque" clubs, who're up and down and up and down, and if they're not in a relegation battle it's only because they're already relegated. ¬_¬

Meh, there are some teams you just don't like, for no particular reason. Like Middlesborough, and Sheffield Wednesday. And Scunthorpe. I don't even know where the fuck Scunthorpe is, but for some reason I don't like them. Maybe it has something to do with experiences on CM2 as a young lad.

Edited by Farmer Reil