What Did You Play Today?

Mick

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Embarassing game...

NCAA Football 08: Missouri Tigers (played by me) vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers (CPU)

The Huskers entered the game at #13 in the nation, their only loss being to the #1 USC Trojans. Missouri is undefeated, but stuck at the very edge of the Top 25.

MU QB Chase Daniel threw 5 INTs in the game to two touchdowns. Because he was still making big gains in the passing department, I kept him in. Husker QB Sam Keller, however, was picked off eight times, and led the Huskers to their first lead in the game with 3:00 left. Daniel managed to make it down to the end zone and threw a TD pass to Jeremy Maclin. Nebraska was picked off on their next drive, allowing me to finally end the game by taking a knee. At least I ruined Keller's Heisman hopes...

I'm bored out of my ass and viciously tired, so I'm just gonna hit some Overlord today and violate all my demons. <_< I will recommend the game to.. everyone. It's hilarious, funny, great and awesome at the same time while still having an easy gameplay and a fun storyline. Buy it everyone.

I've been playing GTAIV during the day mostly, due to my ps3 being downstairs where my big screen is. And at night time before fallign asleep I normally play my old Xbox, and yesterday I picked up some AMAZING brand new, still sealed games all for 4.99 each. I got; Chronicals of Riddeck: Escape from Butcher Bay, Def Jam: Fight for NY, Sudeki, and Sid Meier's Pirates! 4 friggen decent games for 22.52 after taxes, couldn't believe the deal.

Played Persona 3 for the first time yesterday after being tipped off to it in Official PS3 magazine.

From what I've played it's shaping up very nicely indeed. Quite rightly receiving 9s and 10s. Can't wait to actually get every part of each day to choose how to spend.

Star Wars Battlefront: other than the usual bloodbath that is Bespin platforms where there are relatively narrow bridges galore seperating the platforms, the only memorable moment was playing the Battle of Hoth as the rebellion.

I was defending the Outpost that has an ice tunnel leading to the main base against the Imperial forces. I died and respawned a short distance away as the Empire began to besiege the outpost with two scout walkers. Think a 9 meter tall mecha with skinny legs and a box-like head. There's something strangely beautiful about seeing the blaster cannons on two of those completely decimate a base, taking out the heavy guns first before firing through the outpost's open viewport to attack those holed up inside. I only wish the game had the same type of environmental damage as Red Faction does.

Age of Empires II. Period.

The most kick ass strategy game ever.

Played it over LAN with the same friend whose ass I kicked in FM08. 3 Matches so far, won 2 and one was interrupted by a black out.

I built three heavily fortified bases and positioned my army on two of the three sides of his base. He leaves to attack me, I wait and then attack from the west. He calls back his army and attacks my army on the West. I wait again and attack east. He gets confused, meanwhile, he cannot create more soldiers cause I destroyed his houses first.

My backup army comes and finishes him off. Sucker.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Football Manager 2008 (awesome), Medieval II: Total War (pretty good, although I prefer the original), Star Wars: Empire at War (it's kinda meh, but only cost £4, so not a big deal), and Hearts of Iron II (best.game.ever).

• 2 weeks later...

I've pulled out the old game of LMA Manager 2005. I know a few people may not like the LMA series, but me and my brother love the series of games and can find ourselves sucked into them for a good couple of hours.

Been playing my Fulham file and managed to get Fulham as the top 5th club in the Premisership. Got a few players like, Owen Hargreaves, Luis Garcia, Kanu and Eidur Gudjohnsen. With the squad I managed to finish in the top 6 and take them into the CEFA Cup final and even win it.

At the moment I'm at West Brom, I've been there about two and a half years. Managed to get them promoted from The Championship and make they stay up the next season and finish in the top 8. Just got Isaksson for them in goal, Bentley and Fletcher in midfield and on loan Santa Cruz.

So in total I have done about six and half years on the game in a space of two weeks.

I'm going to spend some time today working on Dragon Quest VIII. I bought it new for $14, along with a used copy of Legend of Dragoon for $8. I was actually more anxious to get into the latter of those two games, but it didn't occur to me I no longer had a PS1 memory card. So, yeah, Dragon Quest it is until I get some spare change.

Other than that, I'm still trudging along in Grand Theft Auto IV. It's got a great story, but it just doesn't offer anywhere near as much to do as the last installments that keep me playing. I find I'll beat a mission or two a day, enjoy that, and then take care of any necessities (getting health and body armor before saving, going out on a date, etc.) before turning it off after less than an hour of play. I spent hours a day messing around on the previous titles, though.

And I'm always playing stuff on my DS. Megaman ZX Adventures, Sonic Rush, and The World Ends With You are my current titles, but I generally don't play it much unless I'm out somewhere and bored. I plan to finish the last two Phoenix Wright games when I travel cross-country with some friends in a few weeks.

• 1 month later...

Meh, really today I only focused on playing Day of Reckoning 2. Very interesting game, for those who haven't played it. Very, very, very anger-inducing, however.

Yeah, I focused on it because that was probably the only game I have that I haven't beaten yet. Plus, I wanna sell my GC so I figured "Eh, might as well beat it, so that way I am done with the GC". Maybe I'll play a little Burnout later, IDK, or some GTA:LCS. Who knows.

I played Diablo II in all it's supercallafragalisticexpalliawesomeness but the douche I was playing with wouldn't stop telling me off for looking at the blacksmith chicks tits <_<

Percival Reece I'm looking at you :P

I played Smash Brothers on the Wii last night and I must admit to being totally underawed. I just don't get the excitement. It was kinda emotionless for me and didn't amaze me in any way. Of course that's just me and millions are more excited about it than I get about MGS.

You can add me to the list. I've never got the love the franchise gets. I've really tried to like it, but it's always been meh to me. Having said that I haven't played the Wii version but nothing has changed from what I can gather.

MGS to me is a movie you get to play though so I don't like it either :P

Edited by QuomQuat