What Did You Play Today?

Mick

AudioSurf, mainly because I recently re-acquired "Cold Pizza" by m1dy and I needed a challenge. Also, I've been wanting to play Lord Of The Rings Online for several hours now but because of Windows Vista and the apparent major updating going on, I have been unable to.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smackdown Here Comes The Pain. Bored.

I got conned to high hell though. I took Rhino in career mode, and got a title shot against the mighty Brock Lesnar. We were level pegging after I beat the shit out of him with a chair, when Kurt Angle comes running down to aid Lesnar (I beat Angle to become number 1 contender). I fended off Angle for a bit, then Lesnar was about to hit the F5, but I blocked it and hit my piledriver finisher. ONE....TWO.........KICKOUT!!! It should've been over there. Carried on fighting a bit, went to use the piledriver again, but the referee didn't count, he just stood there. Angle got in the ring with a chair, hit me or something and then straight after Lesnar hit the F5, over. It should've finished after I hit the first piledriver, let alone the second the ref didn't count on. :angry:

Just picked up Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection. Only bought it for Metal Gear Solid 1, which I started playing today. I plan on playing MGS1-3 then Portable Ops all from now to June 12th when MGS4 is released.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, only bought it yesterday, I can see how it lives up to everything I've heard. Only downside, bad CD, its had moments already where its screwed up but today its been much better, if it continues I'll take it back and get a better version though.

FIFA 07 as well, I haven't bothered with 08, but today I went back to my Manager Mode, Watford in the first season top of the league at the halfway point. One of my proudest achievements... yeah I live a lame life...

Played Burnout Paradise yesterday...incredibly addictive. I upgraded to the C License, and was thinking "OK, just one more event...." Fast forward 4 hours, and I was halfway through B...I will definitely have to play some more today, though may switch to some COD4.

Haven't played it yet today, but probably will later...

Burnout Paradise - I fancy getting the 7 wins I need to get the Paradise License. How and when I'll get the 110 wins after that to get the Elite license is anyone's guess, even though the patch comes out on the 24th.

I'll have the small matter of GTA to attend to at the end of April.

Just picked up Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection. Only bought it for Metal Gear Solid 1, which I started playing today. I plan on playing MGS1-3 then Portable Ops all from now to June 12th when MGS4 is released.

Heh, that's what me and my girlfriend decided to do a month ago. Got through the first in a couple of days and got sidetracked. Played through the tanker part of 2 a week or so ago and have done a bit of the plant in the past day or so. I forgot how daunting I felt that was.

But with my Warhawk obsession, new love of Stardust, GTA IV coming out... I don't know when I'll be able to get through the rest of 2 and then play 3 and Portable Ops before June. :(

Speaking of Warhawk... Bought the new 'booster pack' Operation: Broken Mirror and played quite a bit of it today/tonight. It combined with the new 1.3 patch has breathed a whole lot of new life into the game.

The biofield emitter is awesome for covering health in a shoot out, the wrench is the most awesome addition of all if only to be able to heal your vehicles. The tweaking and balances fixes also make it more competitive. And the new map itself is so awesomely well designed in so many ways. I was disappointed with the last, but this one is already one of my favourite and preferred. And the APC... Awesome. Roving spawn point (which is handy since you get a random extra weapon when you spawn in it), with the boost it has and the shield...

More people here with PS3s and Warhawk should play it. It doesn't get the love it deserves.

I pretty much avoided the stunt events and went to town on the rest. Obviously you want an agression car for road rage and marked man but even for races I found them to be plenty quick. Plus since you're likely to be stronger, you can take the other cars out. If I had trouble though i'd hop in something quicker. I don't touch the speed cars though, I like being able to boost anythime I want.

I cannot do the Stunt Run's for the life of me. I've only ever succesfully completed one once I think. The rest I'm fine with, although some of the races are awkward to win. Got my Burnout license atm, and will probably make a start on the 110+ wins I need for the Elite license later.

Aren't these Uefa 2008/World Cup games just giving everybody an idea of how Fifa 09 might look like?

I've heard the gameplay is pretty much the same as Fifa 08. I just think that with international teams and tournaments already in Fifa 08, buying another EA game based off of it/building towards the next one is a waste of money. Although, if they sold it at half price, say £20-25 then I might be tempted to get it.

I might be wrong, it's just I've always thought the two games released in the same year (Fifa/Uefa) before the following Fifa, were pretty much the same.