What Did You Play Today?

Mick

The acting is really good - tongue in cheek at some moments, knowingly comedic the next, serious the next.

You'll enjoy all the Kai stuff with trying to get the password...Hilarious.

Been playing Heavenly Sword and it really is just that good.

Fantastic hack n slashery, great graphics, some fantastic character models and lip synching (they teamed up with Andy Serkis) and some heart wrenching story stuff.

It's always good to feel overly powerful in such games (which you do, especially with the Heavenly Sword) but even better for me is when you play Kai with the crossbow - mainly cos you can follow the arrow and "steer" it with the six axis as it whips along in slow motion.

So it's great firing at a bad guy from afar, guiding it into a villain's eye socket (and the arrow stays embedded where it hits them). If you hit them in the back they stagger forward for a bit trying to clasp behind them at the arrow - very cool.

However I DID have a few markout moments (which don't spoil storyline)

- Just the intro - when right in the middle of the opening FMV storyline in a vast battlefield it just opens up and allows you to go crazy, laying into a thousands-strong army (albeit for about 20 seconds before the FMV kicks in again)

- In the first level, the first time you can fire the cannon at the catapaults (and men). Following the cannon ball you've just fired and steering it into target....Wow.

- So I was firing at these guys, see some explosives near them so shoot into it. Hmm, no kaboom. So I fire and steer the arrow through a flaming torch....AND NOW MY ARROW'S ON FIRE! Whoooo. KABOOOOM!

- The first bit of the game where you tap buttons to slide down the ropes and land on an enemy - coolios.

- The first time I hit a perfect reversal when it zooms in and shows the death in all it's beauty.

- The first time the game screen split into two boxes - a la 24 - and while storyline went forward in one box, I could continue playing in the other. Genius.

I just picked this up today. I loved the bit at the end with the catapults where I had thousands of soldiers rushing the river and you have to kill 700 so all you see when you hit the group is the soldiers flying through the air.

Also

Nariko: ARRRRGHHHHH

Bohan: ARRRRRGGHHHH... kill her

just the way Andy Serkis delivered his line was perfect.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninja Gaiden Sigma just doesn't do it for me *yawn*

Downloaded Tekken 5 which walks a really strange PS2.5 kinda line.

Bladestorm demo is shaping up for a pretty cool concept (mercenary during the 100 years war - mmmm medievil fighting)

Also been playing the sexy Colin McRae Dirt but all I'm longing for is to get enough together to buy Oblivion - Im suffering some withdrawal symptoms and need to further my character in it.

Bladestorm demo is shaping up for a pretty cool concept (mercenary during the 100 years war - mmmm medievil fighting)

Also been playing the sexy Colin McRae Dirt but all I'm longing for is to get enough together to buy Oblivion - Im suffering some withdrawal symptoms and need to further my character in it.

Fifa 08 - 4/10

Horrendous. The passing system is iffy, the player movement is shoddy, they clearly have no idea how to programme an analogue stick to control movement, the shooting is shit, the camera's are all awful, the graphics aren't good, the animations are shit and too slow. It does have very good (for a football game) commentary, and earns two points for this, one point for the depth of teams included, and a bonus point because 3/10 would have been harsh. Roll on Pro Evo 2008.

Colin McRae Dirt - 8/10

A fun, deep rally game. The niggles are far too minor to even mention here. Quite enjoyable.

I suspect you are getting the game of the year version of oblivion. I hope they put the expansion for oblivion as downloadable content as I have the original oblivion for ps3.

Now on topic.

I have been playing a lot of Final Fantasy Tactics for PSP. It is pretty much the same as the PS1 version which was an amazing game except now it has animated cutscenes, translation fixes and you can recruit Balthier of Final Fantasy XII and Luso of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Great game and for anyone who likes strategy rpgs this is a must buy for your PSP.

Unreal Anthology (Well, UT2004)

It's a bit laggy on my laptop even with textures etc. turned down, but considering we play it on a quad-core with huge screens in Uni, and play each over over the LAN there, I can't really expect it to be that good at home.

Metal Gear Solid 3

So I tried shooting all those damn frogs. I got them ALL. Even the ones on the bike. Except I didn't. Never playing again <_ . fuck you konami you. three days wasted. src="<a%20href='http://www.ewbattleground.com/uploads/emoticons/default_angry.png'>http://www.ewbattleground.com/uploads/emoticons/default_angry.png</a>" alt=":angry:">

I know I'm way behind on the times but I just picked up The Movies for $10 at Gamestop today. I'm doing fine so far. In an odd note, after seeing a picture of a toilet as one of the studio logos, I named my studio Toilet Rice Studios. And in one of the reviews, I was credited for having the cleanest lavatories. Imagine that.

I've discovered that while I can barely finish Woman and CAN'T finish TIGRYT on Hard, I can kick the shit out of the following on the same difficulty:

Mad House (five star)

Hangar 18 (HANGAR 18! Four star)

Arterial Black (four star)

Stop (five star)

You Really Got Me (five star)

YYZ (four star)

Sweet Child O'Mine (I was in the fucking ZONE. Five star, full combo otherfucker)

The Trooper (four star and holy shit, my hands were fucking cramped up after that)

Summary: Fuck you Harmonix, Woman is shit, I are the resident guitar hero of these boardz.

EDIT: No sooner do I post this than I five-star Woman. HOPOs? Bridges? Kiss my pasty white ass. I also forgot how much of a bitch Cherry Pie is.

Edited by Starty Marty

Started back Playing Manhunt the other day ,preparing myself for Manhunt 2. I remember now why I stopped playing Manhunt in the first place. Wrong Side of the tracks is pissing me off.

If it's the bit where the two teams are closing in on you (one from the station entrance, the other from the tracks), the key is a) to have a shotgun and a pistol and b) burst through the metal door separating the station from the tracks before the first SWAT guy gets there. If you can kill him without taking much damage, you can hide up around the corner at the end and pick the ohers off one by one (so long as they all come at you from the one place).

Thanks for that. finally got past it. Basically what I did was after the cutscene showing the two groups coming after me , I ran back to the dark spot around the door. and as they game close popped em in the head with the uzi

If it's the bit where the two teams are closing in on you (one from the station entrance, the other from the tracks), the key is a) to have a shotgun and a pistol and b) burst through the metal door separating the station from the tracks before the first SWAT guy gets there. If you can kill him without taking much damage, you can hide up around the corner at the end and pick the ohers off one by one (so long as they all come at you from the one place).

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's because it's incredibly late, but I'm playing NBA 2K7 with the London Thundercunts, whose lineup is made of Steve Hellstorm, Joe Kickass, Roll Fizzlebeef, Russell H. Lightningballs and Adolf Jewkiller, and I'm laughing my ass off.

So, with five minutes left in the second quarter, the Thunderc's were up 109-27 over the Grizzlies. Fizzlebeef, the 4'7" power forward led with 27 points, followed close by the 4'8" shooting guard Jewkiller. Lightningballs had 23 rebounds - unsurprising considering he is a 7'6" centre - the 7'8" point guard Hellstorm had ten assists and 17 steals to go with his 21 points. I quit then because it was basically an abomination against mankind. I'm also taking suggestions for new players.

Edited by De

After being controlled by Halo 3 on the Xbox and Smackdown VS Raw 2008 i thought i'd go back to one of my first games and played a few games of Rainbow Six Vegas and i've got to admit it's still one of my favourite games i've ever played. Online just really good!!