What Did You Play Today?

Mick

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's already breaking my brain trying to get troops onto boats and planes. Either it's too complex or I am not in the state of mind to play it right now. Probably I am too thick really though. :shifty:

Your army is in a coastal province.

Your transport ships are in the port of said coastal province.

Your army is not too big to fit on the transport ships.

You select the army and click the 'Load onto ships' icon (with the handy 'Man - Arrow - Ship' picture) at the bottom of their information window.

Why does everyone have this problem in Paradox games?! >_:shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

Perfect Dark for the N64.

It was one of those games that got ballyhooed on its release simply because it wasn't Goldeneye and all the lovely features Rare planned would've taken for-goddamn-ever to implement (i.e. the planned face mapping option). However, in must the same way some would say Goldeneye is overrated, PD is underrated just because it does what Goldeneye did amazingly (great aiming system, cool guns, multiplayer) and made it better (awesome weapons designs, solid solo story, better multiplayer). It made me all the more pissed when EGM actually said that the game's multiplayer was shit due to the fact that Halo came out the next year, which thus means everyone should jerk off to their multiplayer mode instead.

Maybe I'm just too bitter...and Rare then followed this franchise up with Perfect Dark 0 five years later, which then no one played again...probably because it took five years and happened to come out close to the time of another fellated FPS called Gears of War. However, I can't confirm whether it deserved another cold shoulder yet.

GRAW2.

I bought it from HMV for £25 in their sale. (Which was ideal because I had a £25 gift card, and had been stalling on using it for months because their prices are so darn expensive that I feel like I'm wasting the vouchers just to discount their prices to the same level as other retailers, thus no benefit to me. For example, Viva Pinata in HMV- £45. Viva Pinata in Argos- £25. So I saved the vouchers for another day and bought it from Argos. Screw the fiver, it's not worth blowing the vouchers on) This is doubly pleasing because I was very close to buying it using the vouchers pre-sale, when it was £40. Oh, the benefits of waiting a couple of weeks. Seriously, that's some awesome luck.

I had a couple of local multiplayer games where you wipe out a map of computer controlled enemies, then did the same game mode over XBL.

I'll fire up the single player at some point too >_>

If anyone has this game and wants to play, let me know. :)

Picked up Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for the PSP to give me an alternative to Football Manager on the tedious commutes. The early part of this game spends waaaaay too long with story without getting into the proper game (it's literally 50 mins before you can actually run around/fight things properly - with no save point during that time). It seems fun though. The battles are a bit simplistic and GOD THE VOICES (luckily I have sound off anyway on the tube), but I really like the little sprites they've made for this new version and it looks kind of swish.

Oh, and in terms of characters, Freya >>>>>> Everyone else. Let's look at the facts:

1) She floats. Always.

2) She never moves anywhere, but instead teleports (or 'blips') in and out everywhere, even if only a foot to the left.

3) Her attack is uber swishy compared to everyone else's 'wok with sword/fire magic'. More effective, too.

4) She doesn't have a stupid winged helmet/stupid armour/stupid prissy attitude like a few other characters I could mention.

I think she's going to bugger off back to Asgard soon, though. :(

Edited by stokeriño

It was one of those games that got ballyhooed on its release simply because it wasn't Goldeneye and all the lovely features Rare planned would've taken for-goddamn-ever to implement (i.e. the planned face mapping option). However, in must the same way some would say Goldeneye is overrated, PD is underrated just because it does what Goldeneye did amazingly (great aiming system, cool guns, multiplayer) and made it better (awesome weapons designs, solid solo story, better multiplayer). It made me all the more pissed when EGM actually said that the game's multiplayer was shit due to the fact that Halo came out the next year, which thus means everyone should jerk off to their multiplayer mode instead.

Maybe I'm just too bitter...and Rare then followed this franchise up with Perfect Dark 0 five years later, which then no one played again...probably because it took five years and happened to come out close to the time of another fellated FPS called Gears of War. However, I can't confirm whether it deserved another cold shoulder yet.

Bought Sim City DS today. Quite entertaining and more like Sim City 2000 which was cool. I think it'll tide me over until Cricket Captain on the PSP (apaprantly next week) and the sadly delayed Pro Cycling Manager on the PSP now in a fortnight, which are more likely to take up all my time.

I agree on all points about the original PD (I've personally clocked up over eight days in multiplayer alone). But didn't all the main players at Rare who were responsible for PD split off after the sale and form New Radical and made the excellent TimeSplitters series?

I rented Gears of War today and it might be an even bigger disappointment than Dead Rising. I think the game is borderline awful with it's repetition of hiding behind a wall and shooting, then doing it all over again and again and again. Add to the fact that I shot at an enemy literally 6-7 times with a shot gun, point blank range, and didn't kill him. Somehow he hit me two or three times and I was dead. The game is just tedious and lacks any real fun that a war game should provide, though I can't say I've been impressed with any war games for 360 thus far.

Started back playing SVR07 this week. As a single player experience , it gets quite boring. The only thing I like doing now is creating caws and simming matches. Still trying to beat GM mode as well.

Will start on Gabriel Knight 3 as soon as I can work out the audio problems I'm having. I feel like it will take me a few weeks to complete it since I won't be using a guide.

I've been playing GTA 2 on the CPU a lot now. The graphics suck ass, the gameplay sucks ass, but it's so addicting.

My friends and I have been playing loads of Halo 2 as well. I am the best in our group, and I got 50 kills in a row against them. First my friends were playing 1 vs. 1. My friend was up 24-0, then my losing friend gave me the controller, and I came back to win 25-24. Then I played my friend again and won 25-0.

NCAA 07. I have a Dynasty running with Cincinnati and will continue until 08 comes out. But I'm trying to recreate the Miami Dolphins' 3-4/4-3 hybrid defense with versatile OLB's and DE's that can sub in and out. Really difficult trying to recruit fast 6'4 240 lb LB's or 6'5 260 lb DE's when you're only a 2 star prestiged program.

I'm also playing a Texas Tech-style offense where the QB throws 45+ attempts at least. Pulled a 4 star QB, 6'3'' 237, throwing for 3600 yards in his freshman season, who's now an Impact Player in his sophomore year.

Today I played:

SmackDown! vs RAW 2007 (PS2)

Crash Twinsanity (PS2)

Sims 2 (PC)

FIFA 07 (PS2)

Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires (PS2)

And, if online games count, RuneScape (PC)

Dusted off my copy of Breath of Fire 4 today, and Im amazed at how much I have enjoyed playing it, the character development is absolutely aaawesome. Especially that of Fou-Lu.

The part where he was saved by a farmgirl, nursed back to health by her, and was protected by her from the alliance allowing him to make his escape, and only for her to be captured and used as ammunition to kill him from the Alliance's main biological weapon. Brilliant stuff.

I beat The Darkness at around 5 this morning. It seems like everyone else in the world has been complaining about how short it is, but it didn't seem that short to me. Great game, though, and I loved the ending.

I started playing Overlord earlier tonight, and have been having a blast with it as well. There's something sickly satisfying about watching your horde of minions tearing up a Halfling (read: Hobbit) village.