MMA News and Discussion Thread

Amir Sadollah continues to have his first fight since winning the Ultimate Fighter cancelled. For the second time he has to pull out of a fight due to an injury. He was supposed to face the debuting Nick Catone at UFC 91 but a leg infection stopped that. So it got rescheduled for Fight Night 17 (February 7) but now he has a broken clavicle.

I think they've been advertising it on Bravo, but I've not seen anything in a while. It'll probably be on a Wednesday/Thursday if their TNA and old UFC coverage is anything to go by.

EDIT: Should've just checked my Sky Guide. It's on tomorrow at 9.

Edited by -A-

I am watching on this on my computer in the living room. Spoilers just in case.

Bobby Evans vs. Dan Lauzon

Bobby Evans and the nutshots were awful. Although I think Lauzon did do some faking there on one of them. Still a good job to finish the fight and nice try at the triangle too.

Baby Fedor time!

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yes, please keep any spoilers in tags. My thoughts on that first fight:

One of the most exciting rounds of MMA I've seen in a while. It was starting to look bush league by the third stoppage, but Lauzon did good for himself in pulling out the win.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Buentello vs. Sidikinov

Well I guess that's the end of the Baby Fedor hype machine. Not that Buentello's a slouch, but if you can't get past him, you're not anywhere near the upper echelon - and that one wasn't even close. Buentello won in a landslide.

Paul Buentello vs. Kiril Sidikinov

Yeah, I agree MPH. Fucking Bunetello just absolutely tooled him the entire fight. Paul looked good out there and has been on a streak as of late. Kiril is only 20 so he has plenty of time to get himself back.

Paul Buentello vs. Kiril Sidikinov

I thought Buentello looked very crisp tonight. My first time seeing Kiril fight, but my god what a chin.

Babalu/Soko

Hooray for Babalu!!!!

Now, let's go Arlovski!!!!!!

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Sobral vs. Sokoudjou

It's like an entire night of overrated guys losing to slightly-above-average veterans. Guess that stops here though, Barnett and Fedor should both win easily.

My main gripe with tonight's show has been the constant involvement of referees - they've been right to get involved, but it makes Affliction look second-class when their fighters are trying all this illegal stuff that UFC fighters don't do as often.