World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

Good shows! I had a hunch Flair would be the commissioner. I like the stip added to the HBK/Diesel match, and how crazy the two are acting. I liked the 6-man match.

Just a question- Ahmed Johnson vs Helmsley has already been signed, but I havent seen Ahmed lately or any hype for the match. Is Ahmed debuting or something?

Good couple of shows, although I felt Ric Flair was sort of a weak choice. A bit too preditable, maybe beause you told us he was a free agent. Anyways, good shows regardless and I hope Double J an escape the job duty he seems stuck on.

user posted image

Date: May 6, 1996

Tonight it's going to be the biggest main event in Monday Night Raw's short history. Tonight the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels puts the World Wrestling Federation Championship on the line against British Bulldog! As of late it seems like Bulldog and his brother in law Owen hart have been having some issues over who's to blame for their tag team title loss last week. Tonight Bulldog has the chance to prove himself by not only beating Michaels but to win the World Wrestling Federation Championship! Bulldog has the huge advantage because Michaels has the big Last Man Standing Match on his mind.

Jeff Jarrett is not a happy camper and why would he be? Commissioner Flair has signed Jarrett to face Undertaker at In Your House! We're going to hear from Double J tonight. You got to wonder what Jarrett's going to say. Undertaker is also scheduled to be in San Diego tonight. Will Undertaker and Jarrett get into it? Will the result be like last Friday night?

We're also going to hear from the challenger for the WWF Champion, Kevin Nash. Commissioner Flair has told Nash that he can not interfere in tonight's title match. What does Nash have to say about that?

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Rick Martel continues his amazing return to the ring but tonight he faces Hakushi in singles action. Can Martel keep up his winning streak and amazing return? Or will Hakushi put the former model away?

Scott Taylor faces Jake Roberts. Can Taylor beat the veteran or will he fall victim to the DDT?

Vader takes on "The Wildman" Marc Mero. Can Mero put Vader away? Or will Vader keep up his winning ways? Will "The Hitman" have something to do with this match?

The Smoking Gunns face the strange team of Al Snow and Hunter Hearst Helmsley in a non title match! How is the blue blood snob going to be able to work with the psychotic Al Snow?

And in the main event Shawn Michaels defends the WWF Championship against British Bulldog!

Plus we'll hear from Kevin Nash! Commissioner Ric Flair is scheduled to be in San Diego! Cactus Jack is also scheduled for Monday Night Raw!

user posted image

Date: May 6, 1996

Attendance: 9,010

Ticket Sales: $360,400

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Shawn Michaels defending the World Wrestling Federation Championship against British Bulldog!

Jeff Jarrett has a few words for Undertaker!

We kick things off hot as Jeff Jarrett walks down to the ring. McMahon and Ross mention that Commissioner Ric Flair has made Jeff Jarrett versus Undertaker for In Your House "Aggravated Assault". Jeff Jarrett doesn't look too pleased as he's handed a microphone.

Jeff Jarrett- As you people can tell I am not in a happy mood. I arrived in this dump of a city earlier tonight and I was told that Commissioner Ric Flair has signed me on to face Undertaker at the next Pay Per View! Now what kind of stupid idea is that? Me and Undertaker? That should not be happening! It should not be happening! Ric Flair is out to get me! Undertaker attacked me last week when I was having my celebration! I was celebrating how great I am and that idiot comes out with Paul Bearer and he roughs me up! Undertaker if I had my guitar with me you would have not been able to Tombstone me! Last week we all saw me knock you out and leave you laid out! You were down old cold! I smashed my guitar right over your big dead head! No one has ever left you laid out like that! No one has ever left Undertaker out cold! I was the only one who has ever taken the fight to your precious phenom! And if he thinks he's just going to walk all over me at In Your House then his big dead ass has got something coming to him! I am a former three time Intercontinental Champion and I have a gold record! So Undertaker when we..........

The fans go wild as the blue lights come on and Undertaker's music hits the arena. We see that Jarrett has fled the ring! And out comes Undertaker and his manager Paul Bearer who's carrying the urn! Undertaker comes into the ring and turns the lights back on! Jarrett is at ringside and he takes his guitar out from under the apron! Undertaker stands in the ring with Bearer as Jarrett taunts the phenom with the guitar! Undertaker turns his back to Jarrett! Jarrett comes into the ring with the guitar and spins Undertaker around and drills Undertaker with a huge guitar shot right over the head and down goes the phenom! The fans are livid as Jarrett taunts Paul Bearer telling him that the urn has nothing on his guitar! Jarrett starts to strut but Undertaker sits up to a huge ovation! Jarrett sees this and quickly flees the ring! Jarrett heads to the back and Undertaker goes back after him! Vince and JR go nuts hyping the fact that Jarrett might be in trouble against Undertaker at In Your House!

Interview with Kevin Nash

Our cameras take us to the interview area backstage where we see Kevin Nash standing by himself. Behind him is a big poster for In Your House "Aggravated Assault".

Kevin Nash- So now it's a Last Man Standing Match? Ric Flair himself made this match. Wow. I gotta tell ya "Nature Boy" I never thought you were a smart man. I mean why would you put the WWF's precious Shawn Michaels in a Last Man Standing Match with this genetic wonder right here? I mean do you really want Shawn do get massacred out there? Because I could have crippled him last time we met. And now I might just have to. Because Shawn there's no way you can keep me down for the ten count. Shawn this is going to be the most violent match that the World Wrestling Federation has ever scene. It won't be pretty. Someone is going to blood and I can guarantee you that will be you. You're the one who's going to bleed. I'm going to beat the hell out of you through out the whole match. I won't show any pity or mercy towards you. I will be the most vicious man you ever meet inside that ring. It's all about the WWF Championship. That's what it's all about Shawn. It's not about how we're not friends anymore. It's about who's the most violent man. Who's willing to do everything it takes to walk out the winner? Who's going to do everything it takes? Will it be you? No I don't think so. I think in your mind you think somehow we'll end up being friends again. I think you think you're going to beat me and then I'll just be your friend. You're wrong Shawn. The biggest mistake of my life was me being your friend. You're nothing more than a arrogant self serving son of a b****! You treated me like I was a lackey! Well I'm not your lackey anymore. And on May 19th I'm going to be the guy who ends your career once and for all. Lets see how we'll you'll do with me in a Last Man Standing Match. Lets see if you're going to be able to knock me out. Lets see how you're going to do that when I Jackknife you over and over again! When I again Jackknife you through that announcers table. Shawn the question isn't whether I will win or not because everyone already knows I'm winning. The question is after In Your House is will you walk again! If I have my way the answer is no!

The crowd boos as Kevin Nash lets out a sick smirk. Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Rick Martel Vs. Hakushi

McMahon and Ross kept hyping Martel's huge comeback to the wrestling world through out this one. McMahon said that he has never seen Rick Martel more determined in his whole entire career. The announcers mentioned that last week Hakushi got beat up by Cactus Jack. Hakushi offered Martel a handshake early on and Martel accepted it only to punch Hakushi in the jaw! Martel proceeded to kick the crap out of Hakushi hitting Hakushi with chops, right hands and even stomping Hakushi down in the corner. Martel worked over Hakushi's legs setting it up for his patent Québec Crab. Hakushi mounted an offense late into the match and gave Martel some close near falls. Hakushi even did a huge somersault plancha to Martel on the outside! Hakushi rolled Martel back into the ring and headed up top, Hakushi waited for Martel to get up to his feet before diving off the ropes attempting a hurricanrana. But Martel caught Hakushi and drove him down to the canvas! Martel quickly locked Hakushi into the Québec Crab earning himself another win! Afterwards, Martel posed on the turnbuckles as McMahon mentioned that Martel is still undefeated since returning to the ring!

80, 74, 86 ***1\4

Hakushi lost overness from this match.

Rick Martel gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scott Taylor Vs. Jake Roberts

Scott Taylor is a miracle worker for carrying Jake to a good match. Taylor even played the crowd here doing some cocky antics which really got under the crowds nerves. Jake started off pretty well showing Taylor a little wrestling lesson but Scott Taylor was able to hit Jake with a huge drop kick to take control of the match. Taylor showed some impressive high risk offense as well as great technical skill. Taylor came close to putting Jake away but "The Snake" kept fighting back and made a comeback. Jake hit Taylor with right hands and got a few near falls on Taylor. Jake went for the DDT but Taylor shoved Jake down to the canvas! Taylor headed up top and came down to the canvas driving Jake's head down to the canvas with a DDT! Taylor covered to pick up another win! Afterwards, Scott Taylor posed and taunted Jake to boos from the fans.

75, 70, 81 **3/4

Jake Roberts lost overness from this match.

Scott Taylor gained overness from this match.

Interview with Vader and James E. Cornette

We go to the interview area backstage where Dok Hendrix is standing by with Vader and his manager James E. Cornette.

Dok Hendrix- I am standing by right now with Vader and of course his manager James E. Cornette. And James E. Cornette tonight your client Vader faces "The Wildman" Marc Mero in singles action. And James E. Cornette this past Friday night Vader pinned his rival Bret "The Hitman" Hart thanks to a little help from Owen Hart.

James E. Cornette- Help? Now wait just a minute! Owen Hart was in that match. Of course he helped Vader! He's Vader's teammate! It would be stupid for Owen not to have helped Vader out! But the fact of the matter is that Vader pinned Bret Hart. And now Vader is the favorite on winning the huge match up on May 19th!

Dok Hendrix- Well Vader did pin Bret but it took Owen Hart's Intercontinental Championship to do it. And Bret Hart is here tonight and he's not a happy man!

James E. Cornette- You think Vader's scared of Bret Hart? Vader isn't scared of anyone Dok Hendrix! Especially your precious Hitman! If Bret Hart does show up tonight then he will have to look into the eyes of the man who pinned him this past Friday night! It's as simple as that! Vader isn't scared of Bret Hart might do tonight! Vader doesn't fear anyone! The fact is that Vader pinned Bret Hart in the ring with the Vader Bomb! That's all I saw!

Dok Hendrix- Tonight Vader takes on Marc Mero. In that six men tag match we saw a preview of what could happen tonight. Mero did get some shots in on Vader. He looked quite impressive out there against Vader!

James E. Cornette- You think Marc Mero has a chance to beat Vader? Look at Vader! He's an animal! There's no way in hell that Marc Mero is even going to be able to take Vader off of his feet! There's just no way Mero can beat Vader! Vader is bigger and stronger than Mero and that's what is going to make the different! Vader has beaten Yokozuna, Vader has beaten Bret Hart and tonight Vader will add Marc Mero to that list! Tonight Marc Mero it will be.......

Vader- Vader Time!

Dok Hendrix- Fans do not go anywhere because up next the man they call Vader faces "The Wildman" Marc Mero!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Vader with James E. Cornette Vs. Marc Mero

Mero proved to be a real "Wildman" by diving off the ropes with a suicide dive to Vader as Vader prepared to enter the ring! Mero took it to Vader out on the floor sending the big man to the steel steps and then ramming Vader's head into the steel ring post! Cornette got concerned and tried to attack Mero but Mero decked Cornette with a right hand to the delight of Jim Ross. Mero and Vader came into the ring and the match quickly changed as Vader caught Mero with a devastating press slam! Vader pounded Mero in the corner with right hands! Vader used his obvious power advantage over Mero but Mero wouldn't stay down! Vader kept beating Mero down and getting near falls but the fans kept chanting for Mero. Vader had Mero down late in the match and went for the Vader Bomb. Mero moved out of the way and Vader hit the canvas! Mero then made the comeback hitting Vader with right hands and taking Vader off of his feet with a huge drop kick! Mero connected with a big time DDT to Vader but somehow Vader kicked out! Mero went to slam Vader but Vader fell on top of Mero! Vader quickly lifted Mero up and powerbombed Mero down! Vader dragged Mero to the canvas and came off the second turnbuckle with the Vader Bomb to Mero! Vader hooked the legs and scored the easy 1,2,3! Afterwards, Vader went for another Vader Bomb but Bret Hart came running down from the back with a steel chair in hand! Vader and Cornette quickly fled the scene while Bret Hart checked on Marc Mero.

84, 85, 84 ***1\4

Cactus Jack meets the Commissioner!

The cameras take us backstage where we see Cactus Jack walking with a steel chair in hand! Cactus Jack is mumbling about how he's going to get the most beloved wrestler and destroy him! Cactus Jack continues walking and runs right into Commissioner Ric Flair! Flair looks at the chair in Cactus' hand.

Ric Flair- I hope that steel chair in your hand is for sitting.

Cactus Jack- No it's not for sitting Flair. It's for the head of one of the WWF's most beloved superstars!

Ric Flair- Now why would you do something like that?

Cactus Jack- Because all these fans don't know what it's like. What it's like to have sacrificed everything! Everything to come here! They look past me to their heroes! Guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior. All your beloved stars of the New Generation! What about me? Has everyone forgotten about Mrs. Foley's baby boy? These WWF fans are all a bunch of spoiled little b*******! I had to force my way into this company! And they boo me! Well what will they do when I knock one of their heroes right upside his head?

Ric Flair- You don't want to do that my friend.

Cactus Jack- I'm not your friend Flair! And you better watch your mouth around me! Because I will have no problem nailing you upside the head with this steel chair!

Ric Flair- You can try but then I'm going to have to take your ass to school Jack! Woooooo! But I'll tell you what you can do. You said a couple weeks ago that you were here to make this place miserable. You said that these fans don't respect you?

Cactus Jack- Damn right they don't!

Ric Flair- Well you have to earn their respect! And not by coming out here trying to knock one of their heroes silly with a steel chair. You have to earn it in that ring. You beat Sgt. Slaughter a former WWF Champion. That's on your way. But if you want to make an impact you go after the baddest man this federation has. And when and only when you beat him you'll be respected!

Cactus Jack- You want me to go after someone? Is that it? You want me to take someone out Commissioner?

Ric Flair- If you want to make an impact that's what you do Cactus Jack. Just be a man about it. Don't go attacking people from behind like a coward!

Cactus Jack- Well Commissioner whatever happens to one superstar will be on your head! Because I'm going to play mind games with this man, I will torture him. I will make these fans feel sick inside! I will end this man's career! Ric Flair you're sending me out to hunt a man down and let tell you something, When you send Cactus Jack out to the wild you can bet someone is going to get hurt!

Cactus Jack drops the steel chair down and walks away.

Ric Flair- I'm sure someone will get hurt, And I hope that whoever hurts you knocks some sense into that head of your's!

Cactus Jack gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Smoking Gunns Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Al Snow with Ted DiBiase

McMahon and Ross hyped Ahmed Johnson's big return at In Your House "Aggravated Assault" when he gets into the ring with Hunter Hearst Helmsley. This is a non title match up. The Smoking Gunns controlled the beginning of the match because it seemed like Helmsley and Snow weren't working too well together. But Helmsley and Snow soon took Bart out and isolated Bart. McMahon mentioned that last week Al Snow set up the Smoking Gunns to get attacked by Sean Waltman and Steve Austin. Helmsley and Snow made quick tags in and out and kept Bart from getting the chance of tagging in Billy. Late in the match, Helmsley went for the Pedigree but Bart countered into a catapult sending Helmsley into the turnbuckle! Bart then knocked Snow off the apron and tagged in Billy! All hell broke loose as Billy came into the ring cleaning house taking out everyone in his way! The Smoking Gunns won the match after Helmsley was on the outside with Bart, Billy nailed Snow with the Rocker Dropper for the win! Afterwards, Austin and Waltman came running down from the back with steel chairs in hand but the Smoking Gunns left the ring and took their titles! The Smoking Gunns fled through the crowd while DiBiase threw a fit.

85, 86, 86 ***1\2

Hunter Hearst Helmsley lost overness from this match.

Al Snow lost overness from this match.

Billy Gunn gained overness from this match.

Bart Gunn gained overness from this match.

Interview with British Bulldog and James E. Cornette

Backstage, Dok Hendrix is standing by with the challenger for the WWF Championship for tonight British Bulldog and standing by with him is his manager James E. Cornette.

Dok Hendrix- British Bulldog tonight is the biggest match of your entire career. You take on the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels with the World Wrestling Federation Championship on the line! And as of late it seems you and your brother in law Owen have really been blaming each other's for your loss last week. Tonight we haven't seen Owen, Is Owen Hart here tonight?

James E. Cornette- You don't need to worry about Owen Hart being here or not! Tonight it's British Bulldog's night! Tonight British Bulldog is going to make history and become the new World Wrestling Federation Champion! He's going to hoist Michaels up on his shoulder and drive Michaels down to the canvas with the Running Powerslam! It's going to happen! Shawn Michaels you are in for the fight of your life tonight! And as far as Owen and Bulldog having problems, It's all rumors. Owen isn't here tonight but he will be at Friday Night Mayhem to celebrate with us!

British Bulldog- Owen and myself are fine. There's no problems between us. Because unlike Bret, We work our problems out. I'm sure if Owen was here tonight, He would be right in my corner cheering me on just like I cheered him on when he became the Intercontinental Champion.

Dok Hendrix- But tonight it's you and Shawn Michaels. Michaels has beaten you many times in the past Bulldog and this year he has been on a huge role.

James E. Cornette- It doesn't matter how big of a role he's been in. Sure he won the Rumble and then won the title. But tonight it's him and British Bulldog! Shawn Michaels you might have beaten Bulldog before but tonight he's not the old Bulldog. He's focused. He wants the gold. He's ready! He's going to whip your butt tonight to become the new World Wrestling Federation Champion! Tonight it's going to be his night! We're going to have a new champion and there's nothing Michaels and his Kliq can do about it!

British Bulldog- Shawn Michaels yeah you have a couple wins over me. But who cares? Tonight it's the year 1996. May 6th. The night where the title comes around my waist! I been craving the title for a long time! I've held every title there is to hold in the World Wrestling Federation except for one! And that's the World Wrestling Federation Championship. I been close to winning it several times but tonight's the night where it comes around my waist! After I beat you tonight, I will be heading to England to celebrate my win with all my fans!

Dok Hendrix- Fans lets take you to Kevin Kelly who is standing by with the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels. Kevin take it away!

Interview with Shawn Michaels

We're taken to the other interview area where Kevin Kelly is standing by with the current World Wrestling Federation Champion the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels.

Kevin Kelly- Shawn Michaels tonight it is perhaps one of the most important matches in your career. You take on British Bulldog for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. You have put the title on the line against everyone who's challenged you for it. But tonight you face a very determined British Bulldog. Some feel that the title is going around his waist by the end of the night.

Shawn Michaels- I'm sure some people are thinking that old HBK won't win. I'm sure the folks in England are watching right now and they got the party ready for when Davey Boy pins me one, two, three. Hell I'm sure good old Jim Ross and the Vin Man are thinking Bulldog's walking out with the belt. But Kevin Kelly he's not. Tonight the "Heart Break Kid" is going to lose the title. The Shawn Michaels era has only begun. It's still in it's early stages so to speak. Bulldog is one hell of a competitor but everyone knows that Shawn Michaels is better! Bulldog you and I have been in the ring before and I have beaten you every single time we've been out there. You talk about winning every title except this one? Well I have done everything there is to do in the World Wrestling Federation! WWF Champ, Intercontinental Champion, Tag Team Champion and lets not forget I won the Royal Rumble in 1995 and this year. Tonight you might be pumped up and ready but I'm always ready for a match especially when my title is on the line Davey Boy!

Kevin Kelly- Shawn we heard from Kevin Nash earlier tonight. He made his intent very clear for last man standing. He wants to cripple you! Put you out once and for all! Your thoughts?

Shawn Michaels- Kevin Nash wants to cripple me? Put me out? He can try. He can try his hardest. But in the end what's everyone going to think when that giant of a man goes down! I don't know how I'm going to do it but come May 19th Nash will go down. One way or another!

Kevin Kelly- Last Man Standing is going to be the most brutal match in your career. Are you ready for what awaits you?

Shawn Michaels- Am I ready? Of course! You always got to be ready when you're the king of the mountain like I am. I'm the World Wrestling Federation Champion. I'm the man around here Kevin. I know that Last Man Standing is going to be brutal. It's going to be violent. Someone is going to be bleed. Someone is going to get hurt as well! I know I'm going to get my ass kicked but I know that in the end Kevin Nash will stay down for the count. There's no way I'm losing the title. Nash will have to kill me to take this from me. The only way Nash is beating me is if I'm dead! This title means everything to me and I will be champion when the night is over come In Your House. And Kevin I will get even with you for putting me through the announce table last month!

Kevin Kelly- Thank you for the interview and good luck at In Your House and tonight! Fans up next it's the main event! Shawn Michaels puts it all on the line as he faces British Bulldog for the title! It's up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- D'lo Brown defeats Chris Candido with the Lo Down! (Superstars 5/5/96)

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Shawn Michaels© Vs. British Bulldog with James E. Cornette

Michaels and Bulldog did not seem to work too well together. This is Michaels' worst match this year infact. McMahon and Ross commented on what a brutal and violent match Last Man Standing should be. Ross asked McMahon if Michaels knows what he got himself in. The announcers also mentioned the history between Michaels and Bulldog. Michaels won his first title in the World Wrestling Federation by beating Bulldog. Michaels also won last year's Royal Rumble by beating Bulldog. Bulldog and Michaels started off doing a sequence that ended up with Michaels dumping Davey Boy out to the floor and hitting a big plancha to the challenger. They brawled on the outside where Bulldog introduced Michaels to the steel steps! Back inside the ring, Bulldog picked Michaels apart working over the Heart Break Kid's shoulder. Bulldog came close to winning the title several times using his stalling vertical suplex and a big gorilla slam to Michaels! Bulldog even connected with the Running Powerslam but somehow Michaels kicked out as Bulldog was too tired to make the cover! Michaels ended up making the big comeback after drilling Bulldog with the flying forearm and then nipping up. Michaels gave Bulldog everything he had but Bulldog kept kicking out. Michaels finally slammed Bulldog down and came flying off the top with the big elbow drop to the heart! Michaels went to the corner and started tuning up the band! But Cornette got up on the apron distracting referee Earl Hebner! Owen Hart came running down from the back as Ross and McMahon went nuts yelling that Cornette and Bulldog lied to everyone telling us that Owen wasn't here! Owen got the WWF Championship and came into the ring with it! Owen went to hit Michaels but Michaels ducked and Bulldog took the belt right to the head! Michaels tossed Owen out to the floor and covered Bulldog as Earl Hebner saw the count but sadly Michaels only got 2! Bulldog staggered up to his feet and was drilled with Sweet Chin Music! Michaels covered but Owen came into the ring and broke up the count causing a disqualification! Owen put the boots to Michaels! Bulldog looked a bit pissed at Owen and questioned why Owen hit him with the title! Owen and Bulldog started yelling at each other while Cornette tried to get them to make their peaces. Owen and Bulldog shook hands and put the boots to Michaels! The crowd then cheered as Ultimate Warrior came running down from the back! Bulldog, Owen and Cornette quickly fled the ring as Warrior got into the ring. Michaels got up to his feet and he and Warrior stood tall as Monday Night Raw went off the air.

82, 84, 78 **3/4

Overall Rating- 83

TV Rating- 7.70

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.03

Attendance- 6,535

Ticket Sales- $261,400

"Bart Gunn and Billy Gunn work well together as a team, it adds to their matches."- Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Al Snow

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

In other news

J-Rocc has agreed to an open contract with ABWF!

user posted image

Date: May 19, 1996

Current Card

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Last Man Standing Match

Shawn Michaels© Vs. Kevin Nash

No Holds Barred, Anything Goes

Bret Hart Vs. Vader

Sycho Sid Vs. Crush

Undertaker Vs. Jeff Jarrett

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Guest meripu1

Another excellent set of shows (Following another great news update by the way).

In Your House is really hotting up now and i cant wait to see what else will be added.

Guest Prototype

Great show. I liked the Cactus/Flair segment. I look for big things from Cactus soon. I liked the main event. Surprised Nash didnt get involved. I still see a Bulldog face turn coming up. Looks like we'll get HBK and Warrior vs Owen and Bulldog soon.

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Date: May 10, 1996

Friday Night Mayhem comes to you live from Los Angeles and tonight what a big main event we got. Ultimate Warrior takes on Jerry "The King" Lawler in one on one action. Who will come out on top? Can Jerry Lawler put away the Warrior or will Warrior continue his winning ways?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

The young and exciting tag team of The Thrillseekers take on Sean Waltman and Steve Austin two members of The Corporation!

Rick Martel continues his amazing return to the ring but this time he faces Jeff Jarrett! Who will come out on top? Can Martel continue his undefeated ways since returning to the WWF?

Sycho Sid and Albert will go at it in what should be a battle like never before! What will happen when these giants fight in the ring?

The Smoking Gunns put the WWF Tag Team Championship on the line against the most unlikely tag team in WWF history, The bizarre Goldust and the blue blood snob Hunter Hearst Helmsley! How in the world is the arrogant Helmsley going to be able to work with Goldust?

In the main event we'll see Ultimate Warrior face Jerry "The King" Lawler!

Plus we'll hear from Commissioner Flair, Owen Hart and much more!

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Date: May 10, 1996

Attendance: 9,020

Ticket Sales: $360,800

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Ultimate Warrior taking on Jerry "The King" Lawler in singles action!

Steve Austin and Sean Waltman with Ted DiBiase Vs. The Thrillseekers

Excellent way to kick off the show as these four men put on a great wrestling match up with a pretty hot crowd as well. The Thrillseekers actually started this one off red hot taking Waltman and Austin out to the floor with stereo drop kicks to the men from The Corporation. Austin and Waltman were able to isolate young "Lion Heart" Chris Jericho and gave Jericho a hard time! Austin and Waltman double teamed the young Canadian superstar making quick tags give Jericho a real hard time. Jericho was able to take Waltman and Austin down with a double DDT and tag in his partner Lance Storm. Storm came into the ring and cleaned house knocking down Austin and Waltman with a pair of clotheslines. Storm and Jericho took Waltman out with a double back body drop while Austin got double suplexed. Jericho ended up out on the floor leaving Austin and Storm battling it out in the ring. Storm went for a super kick but Austin caught him by the leg and delivered the Stone Cold Stunner! Austin covered and got the win! Afterwards, Austin, Waltman and DiBiase headed to the back victorious while Jericho checked on his tag team partner.

81, 83, 100 ****3/4

Ric Flair has a little news for the Intercontinental Champion!

We go backstage where we see the World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Champion, Owen Hart walking down the hallway. Owen knocks on the door of Commissioner Ric Flair and a voice says "come in". Owen walks into Flair's office where we see the Commissioner at his desk working on some papers.

Owen Hart- You asked for me Commissioner? Better yet did you ask for the champ Commissioner?

Ric Flair- Yeah I asked for you Owen. I wanted to know how you are. I never really got the chance to meet with you and I want to know how you are...... Champ.

Owen Hart- I'm doing great. Why wouldn't I be doing great? Look at this title around my waist. It's the World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship. Everyone's who's anyone has held this title.

Ric Flair- I never held the Intercontinental Championship.

Owen Hart- Well we're not talking about your greatness and accomplishments. We're talking about my greatness and my accomplishments!

Ric Flair- Yeah we are. And Owen this past Monday night I couldn't help but to see you decide to show up during the main event. Now I thought you weren't going to be at Monday Night Raw and didn't mind it. But yet you still show up and try to screw Shawn Michaels out of the WWF Championship? What were you thinking?

Owen Hart- Come on Commissioner you know better than anyone how this game is played. I was just trying to get Bulldog back into the thick of things. Besides you shouldn't be mad at me. You should be mad at Ultimate Warrior! I mean the guy just shows up out of the blue! What's up with that?

Ric Flair- You're right Owen, And let me be the first one to tell you that Ultimate Warrior will be punished.

Owen Hart- It's about time that lunatic got what he had coming! What are you doing to do?

Ric Flair- I'm going to put him in a match at In Your House. With a real bad man. With a guy who's likely to tie him into so many pieces you'd need the boy scouts to come and untie him!

Owen Hart- Who's that?

Ric Flair- You Owen! You!

Owen Hart- What? Are you crazy? I'm not getting in the ring with Warrior! No way!

Ric Flair- Yes you are and it'll be for your Intercontinental Championship! That's what you get for trying to screw around with the fans of the WWF! Woooooooo!

Owen Hart- If that's the way you want it then fine! But Flair whatever happens to Warrior will happen because of you!

Owen Hart leaves the office and slams the door as Ric Flair looks on while Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Sycho Sid

We return from the commercial break with Todd Pettengill standing by with Sycho Sid in the interview area backstage.

Todd Pettengill- Sycho Sid tonight is a big night for you as you prepare to take on Corporation member Albert. But come In Your House it'll be you and Crush one on one. And Sid the feud between you and Crush has been violent very violent. What can we expect between you two men at In Your House?

Sycho Sid- Todd Pettengill it has been a ugly feud. Crush has attacked me and beaten me down from behind for weeks now! But I have always gotten even with him! I have beaten him down just as much as he beat me down! And at In Your House he can have The Corporation backing him up but that won't mean a thing. In the end what will happen is me dropping him down with the Powerbomb like he was a small child! Crush all those nights you spend in jail will look like the time of your life when you're getting tossed around that ring by me! Crush you and The Corporation crossed a line that no one has ever crossed! You men beat me down like I was trash! Now it's time to pay! Now it's time for you men to learn what it's like to have a real mad man going after you!

Todd Pettengill- Tonight it's you and Albert another member of The Corporation going at it. Albert is a huge superstar within The Corporation and Albert does hold a few big victories as well. Can you beat this dangerous man?

Sycho Sid- Albert is a dangerous man. Some people might call him a very dangerous man. But I'm more dangerous! Albert you're a big freak of a man who's caused alot of damage in the short time you been here. But tonight lets see how you're going to be able to beat me! Crush I hope you and your friends from The Corporation are watching. Watch what happens to Albert when I get my hands on him. Albert will know what it's like first hand to be in the ring with the master and the ruler of world!

Todd Pettengill- Fans lets take you to the ring where Albert and this man right here Sycho Sid will engage in what should be a classic!

Sycho Sid Vs. Albert with Ted DiBiase

Holy shit this one was a great match! Especially since it involved Sid and Albert of all people. These two hoses started off slugging each other which had the crowd going. Sid and Albert beat the heck out of each other and they brawled out on the floor where Sid send Albert to the steel ring steps! DiBiase tried to get involved but Sid scared him off! This allowed Albert to attack Sid from behind and send Sid to the steel ring post! Back inside the ring, Albert ran right over Sid with a couple clotheslines and beat Sid up in the corner! Albert came close to putting away Sid but Sid kept fighting back. Sid eventually made the comeback and took Albert out with right hands and a couple clotheslines! Sid was then able to Choke Slam Albert! Sid called for the Powerbomb! But wait! Crush comes running down from the back and runs right over Sid with a clothesline causing a disqualification! DiBiase throws a steel chair into the ring as Albert and Crush stomp away on Sid! Albert lifts Sid up and delivers a devastating A-Bomb to Sid!Crush puts the chair down in the center of the ring and lifts Sid up..... Piledriver on the steel chair! DiBiase tells Crush not to stop! Albert lifts Sid up and sends Sid into a huge Heart Punch from Crush! The Corporation's music plays as DiBiase raises Albert's and Crush's hands in the air. Sid is out cold on the canvas!

74, 75, 91 ***3/4

Ahmed Johnson returns!

A video airs hyping Ahmed Johnson's big return to the ring at In Your House. It shows some of Ahmed Johnson's best moments including wins over stars like Owen Hart, Yokozuna and other stars. It shows Ahmed Johnson hitting the Pearl River Plunge on a bunch of wrestlers. The video ends with a shot of Ahmed Johnson posing. Ahmed Johnson returns at In Your House!

Ahmed Johnson lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Rick Martel Vs. Jeff Jarrett

Rick Martel and Jeff Jarrett put on a pretty good match as Mr. Perfect and Dok Hendrix put over Martel's huge return to the ring as well as the fact that since returning Martel has beaten guys like Chris Candido, Mabel, Jean Pierre Lafitte and Hakushi. Jarrett and Martel started off trying to out wrestle each other doing a nice little sequence that ended up with Jarrett drop kicking Martel and then doing his strut to a chorus of boos from the crowd. Martel fired back on Jarrett nailing Jarrett with big right hands to the face! Martel beat Jarrett down in the corner stomping a mud hole on Jarrett. Jarrett fired back and took control of the match after delivering a swinging neck breaker to Martel. Jarrett worked over Martel's legs trying to no doubt soften it up for the Figure Four. Dok Hendrix wondered if Jarrett would be able to make Undertaker tap out to the Figure Four at In Your House while Jarrett worked over Martel's legs. Martel made his comeback after catching Jarrett coming off the ropes with a powerslam! Martel hammered away on Jarrett and scored several near falls on Double J. Martel went for the Québec Crab but Jarrett quickly grabbed the ropes. Jarrett caught Martel with a DDT out of nowhere! Jarrett called for the Figure Four but suddenly the music of Undertaker hit the arena! Jarrett looked scared to death as Undertaker's music played. But no one came out! Jarrett ended up getting so distracted that it allowed Martel to roll up Jarrett and score the 1,2,3! Afterwards, Jarrett stood in the ring and argued with the referee when suddenly Undertaker was shown standing on top of the entry way. Undertaker did the Tombstone sign as Jarrett looked scared for his life!

74, 82, 84 ***1\4

Rick Martel gained overness from this match.

Interview with Smoking Gunns

Our cameras take us backstage where Kevin Kelly is standing by with the WWF Tag Team Champions the Smoking Gunns.

Kevin Kelly- I'm standing by with the Smoking Gunns who have a big night tonight. You two men defend the titles against the team of Goldust and Hunter Hearst Helmsley. But as of late you two have been having problems with three men. Al Snow, Sean Waltman and Steve Austin. They jumped you two from behind a couple weeks ago and last Monday night they tried to attack you two with steel chairs.

Billy Gunn- Yeah Kevin Kelly they tried to jump us again. And they did do a number on us a couple weeks ago. But we ain't running scared. We don't care if it's Snow, Austin or Waltman. We'll face them in the ring anytime, anywhere and any how! We're not afraid of those three punks!

Bart Gunn- Kevin Kelly we're not afraid of anyone! If it's three men or thirty three men! We'll face anyone! We're the tag team champions and we're the best team there's ever been in a WWF ring! If you think those three cowards scare us then you're dead wrong!

Kevin Kelly- Tonight it's you two against Goldust and Hunter Hearst Helmsley. The titles are on the line. Your thoughts on this match with this unlikely tag team?

Billy Gunn- You know something? Goldust and Helmsley are great wrestlers but I don't think they'll be able to work together. Goldust is a freak while Helmsley is a snob. Tonight they better be able to get along because we're going to be hitting them with everything we got when our titles are on the line!

Bart Gunn- Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Goldust, You two might be the odd team or whatever you want to call yourself but tonight there's no way we're losing the titles! Me and Billy are going to prove to you two why we are the tag team champions when we beat you two in the center of the ring!

Kevin Kelly- Fans up next it's the big tag team match!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Smoking Gunns© Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Goldust with Marlena

Hunter Hearst Helmsley did not seem too pleased to have to be tagging up with Goldust. Helmsley even told Goldust to just do his part and not try to touch anyone! The Gunns' had control of the match early on due to Goldust and Helmsley not being to get along too well. Helmsley looked disgusted at Goldust's antics and didn't want to tag Goldust in! When Goldust did get tagged in, He started rubbing himself! But somehow the odd team of Helmsley and Goldust were able to isolate Bart Gunn and somehow worked together. Helmsley and Goldust even used a few double team moves on Bart. Goldust still kept doing his gay antics which again made Helmsley all the more disgusted. Late in the match, Helmsley went for the Pedigree but Bart countered and catapulted Helmsley right into Goldust! Bart was able to tag in Billy who came running into the ring taking out Goldust and Helmsley! This one ended when Goldust threw Bart out to the floor, Helmsley went to send Billy for the ride but Billy countered and Helmsley got sent right into Goldust knocking Goldust off the apron! Helmsley walked right into a school boy from Billy giving the Smoking Gunns the win! Afterwards, Goldust came into the ring to check on Helmsley and Marlena suggested Goldust give Helmsley mouth to mouth! Goldust crawled over to Helmsley who looked up and saw Goldust and quickly fled the ring! Goldust and Marlena looked a bit disappointed that Helmsley didn't get mouth to mouth......

76, 86, 83 ***3/4

Billy Gunn gained overness from this match.

Bart Gunn gained overness from this match.

The WWF Tag Team title has lost image.

Interview with Ultimate Warrior

Backstage we see Kevin Kelly standing by with the Ultimate Warrior.

Kevin Kelly- Ultimate Warrior tonight you prepare to do battle with Jerry "The King" Lawler but at In Your House we just found out you get a shot at the Intercontinental Championship against Owen Hart. Warrior this past Monday night you saved Shawn Michaels from a two on one attack at the hands of Owen Hart and British Bulldog. Why'd you do it?

Ultimate Warrior- Why? Why? Why is it that the man hunts Kevin Kelly? Why is it that the children play? Why is it that the souls of the World Wrestling Federation still rot to this day? I saved Shawn Michaels not because I actually care for the man but because I have seen the evil. I know what the evil is. And they are Owen Hart and British Bulldog. Owen Hart and British Bulldog are full of greed. I have never seen anything like it. Especially in Owen Hart. Owen Hart is a man full of greed. He'll do anything for a win. At In Your House lets see what happens to Owen's soul when he gets inside the ring with me and my warriors. The Warriors work in mysterious ways and Owen Hart is going to get what's coming to him. His soul will beg for forgiveness.

Kevin Kelly- Warrior tonight it's you and Jerry "The King" Lawler one on one. Your thoughts on this big match up with Lawler?

Ultimate Warrior- Jerry Lawler is another man with greed. Lawler is a man who's hurt many people and tonight it's time for him to pay up! It's time he looks into the eyes of the Ultimate Warrior and feels my wrath!

Kevin Kelly- Fans we understand that Todd Pettengill is standing by with Warrior's opponent for tonight, Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Interview with Jerry Lawler

Todd Pettengill is now standing by with Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Todd Pettengill- We just heard comments from Ultimate Warrior and Jerry Lawler tonight it'll be you.....

Jerry Lawler- Shut up Pettengill! He's the Ultimate moron! *laughs* Did you hear that idiot just a few minutes ago? What a lunatic!

Todd Pettengill- Well tonight you might not be laughing when you step into the ring with him Jerry Lawler.

Jerry Lawler- Oh you shut up! Warrior you talk about taking souls? Well tonight I'm going to make sure the only thing you take is a piledriver you mad man! Warrior your return to the World Wrestling Federation will be short lived because tonight in front of all your little warriors you will go down to the real king of the WWF. Oh and this goes out to my good friend Owen Hart, Owen don't worry about Warrior because after I'm done with him, There won't be anything left for you!

Todd Pettengill- Fans Lawler and Warrior meet up next in the main event!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Rick Martel locks Hakushi into the Québec Crab to pick up the win! (Monday Night Raw 5/6/96)

Ultimate Warrior Vs. Jerry Lawler

Lawler jumped Warrior from behind to get things going. Owen Hart joined Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect at the announce table for this one. Dok asked Owen about the rumors about him and Bulldog having problems but Owen wouldn't give him a straight answer. Dok then started asking the hard questions like asking Owen who was the captain of the team. Owen said there was no real captain but if there was one it'd be him. Owen also said he was the more charismatic one but that Bulldog had his own "charm". Lawler ended up delivering the Piledriver to Warrior but Warrior kicked out and made the comeback hitting his usual maneuvers. Warrior ended Lawler with the Gorilla Press Slam and then the Warrior Splash for the 1,2,3. Afterwards, Owen tried to jump Warrior but Warrior dumped Owen out to the floor! Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with Warrior standing victorious while Owen headed to the back.

68, 80, 67 *1\2

Overall Rating- 75

TV Rating- 7.69

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.99

Attendance- 6,542

Ticket Sales- $261,680

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.37

Attendance- 470

Ticket Sales- $9,400

Notes

"Chris Jericho and Lance Storm blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles."- Pat Patterson

"Sycho Sid and Albert have a fantastic chemistry in the ring, it adds a lot to the match." -Pat Patterson

"Bart Gunn and Billy Gunn work well together as a team, it adds to their matches." -Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Goldust

"I was thinking, how about giving me some matches with Undertaker? I think we'd be able to do some good work together given the chance."- Cactus Jack

Gotta love what the road agents say....

The Warrior/Lawler match was like a repeat from the WrestleMania when Triple H made the mistake of giving Warrior the Pedigree.....

Ahh...the good ole days.....

user posted image

Date: May 12, 1996

Attendance: 9,003

Ticket Sales: $360,120

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Marc Mero taking on Kama!

Scott Taylor Vs. Scorpio

This one was a truly great battle between these two light heavyweight competitors that the crowd actually got into. The announcers were really hyping Scott Taylor up and made sure to mention his big win over Jake Roberts this past Monday night. Taylor had control of the match in the early going until he missed a high risk move which allowed Scorpio to fight back. Scorpio hit a few impressive moves on Taylor but couldn't put away the cocky superstar. Scorpio went up top and missed a moonsault which allowed Taylor to come flying off the top rope with the flying DDT to Scorpio to pick up the win!

87, 74, 100 ****1\2

Smoking Gunns/Helmsley/Goldust highlight

We're shown highlights of the tag team match between Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Goldust facing the Smoking Gunns on Friday Night Mayhem.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley lost overness from this segment.

Goldust lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Alex Porteau Vs. Bill Irwin

Squash match to show Porteau's skills. Porteau won after coming off the top with a huge bulldog to Irwin.

58, 44, 72 *

Alex Porteau gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Shawn Stasiak with Clarence Mason Vs. Hakushi

Shawn Stasiak has adopted Lex Luger's narcissist gimmick. Mason had a big mirror with him which allowed Stasiak to pose to. Stasiak had the upper hand through out the match and just gave Hakushi a pounding to the approval of Mason at ringside. Michael Cole made sure to mention that Shawn Stasiak's attitude reminds him of a past superstar :shifty: Hakushi was able to make the comeback after hitting Stasiak with a springboard hurricanrana. Hakushi tossed Stasiak out and delivered a big plancha to the young superstar! They went back into the ring with Hakushi still getting the best of Stasiak. Hakushi ended up going for a german suplex but Stasiak countered and dropped Hakushi down with the Stasiak Drop! Stasiak hooked the legs and scored the win! Afterwards, Mason held the mirror as Stasiak posed.

74, 67, 81 **1\2

Shawn Stasiak gained overness from this match.

Masked Americans interview

Backstage the Masked Americans were interviewed by Todd Pettengill, They hyped their upcoming match up with The Godwinns. Masked Americans said they had no problems with The Godwinns and they just wanted to show some American spirit.

Steve Lombardi gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Masked Americans Vs. The Godwinns with Hillbilly Jim

Pretty decent tag team match actually but the crowd was torn on to who to cheer for. Oh well atleast there were a few USA chants. Both teams didn't take any shortcuts or anything and played fair. The match wasn't too long and it ended with Steve Lombardi taking Phineous out with a russian legsweep getting the 1,2,3. Afterwards, Both teams shook hands.

70, 64, 76 **

Interview with Kama and Ted DiBiase

Backstage Kama and his manager Ted DiBiase were interviewed by Todd Pettengill. DiBiase spoke about Sid wanting to take out The Corporation telling Pettengill that it wouldn't happen. DiBiase also told Marc Mero that today on Superstars he was going to be looking up at the lights after "The Supreme Fighting Machine" gets done with him.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Steve Austin delivers the Stone Cold Stunner to Lance Storm! (Friday Night Mayhem 5/10/96)

Marc Mero Vs. Kama with Ted DiBiase

Mero and Kama had a pretty decent match as good as you'd expect from a Kama match. Kama jumped Mero from behind early on and kept coming at Mero with several kicks as the announcers mentioned that Kama knows alot about martial arts and is a real dangerous man or "weapon" for The Corporation. Kama got a few close near falls on Mero but "The Wildman" kept fighting back. Kama went for his Supreme Driver but Mero ended up slipping out of it and hitting Kama with a enziguri kick taking a page out of Owen Hart's book. Mero hit Kama with a few high risk moves but couldn't put away Kama. Mero ended up going up top but Kama crotched him on the top turnbuckle. Kama went up with Mero and tried to superplex Mero but Mero shoved Kama down to the canvas and hit the Wild Thing for the win! Superstars went off the air with Marc Mero celebrating his win.

77, 77, 78 **1\2

Overall Rating- 73

TV Rating- 2.59

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 2.97

Attendance- 7,018

Ticket Sales- $280,720

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Alex Porteau

"I'd like to work with Steve Austin if possible."- Shawn Michaels

"Our ratings battle with Worldwide is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

In other news

WCW have signed Ernest Miller to a written contract!

WCW have signed independent worker Smash to a written contract!

WCW have signed independent worker Mikey Whipwreck to a written contract!

Doug Gilbert has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

Koko B. Ware has agreed to an open contract with LATMF!

John Kronus has agreed to an open contract with LATMF!

Eric Watts has agreed to an open contract with SWF!

Stevie Richards has agreed to an open contract with SWF!

Guest meripu1

Im glad Jarrett has a match but i cant see him gaining much out of Taker.

I love Owen as the IC champ but i really hope you dont make the mistake of having him drop it to Warrior. I can see Bulldog interfering in the match, setting up a possible Tag feud and singles feud with Warrior and Bulldog.

I think a Bulldog vs Warrior feud could be hideous. Both lack ring skills...

BUT

Then again, since they both heavily used the roideos....it'll be cool. Watching them beat the piss outta eachother.

user posted image

Date: May 13, 1996

We're just six days away from In Your House. And tonight one of the men involved in the brutal Last Man Standing match will be in the ring. Shawn Michaels prepares to go into battle as he faces Hunter Hearst Helmsley in the main event. This will be a non title match ruled by Commissioner Flair. Can Shawn Michaels beat Helmsley leading up to his title match with Kevin Nash this Sunday night? Or will Hunter Hearst Helmsley score the biggest win of his life and beat the current World Wrestling Federation Champion? This is a battle you don't want to miss!

Bret "The Hitman" Hart will be in Milwaukee and we're going to hear from Bret Hart on his thoughts on his match with Vader this Sunday night. What does Bret Hart have to say about what will no doubt be one of the biggest challenges of his career? James E. Cornette and Vader are also scheduled to be interviewed. What will Vader have to say?

Undertaker is going to be in Milwaukee. All the creatures of the night will no doubt want to listen to what the phenom has to say. What does Undertaker have to say about his match with Jeff Jarrett this Sunday night?

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Rick Martel continues his impressive return to the ring but tonight he takes on the slick Indian casino owner, Chris Chavis. Will Martel be able to get the win or will the slick Indian put Martel away?

Cactus Jack continues his rage against Jim Neidhart. Jack has been beating men left and right since debuting in the WWF. But Jim Neidhart ain't no walk in the park.

In six men tag team action we'll see members of The Corporation, Crush, Steve Austin and Sean Waltman face Sycho Sid and the Smoking Gunns. Billy and Bart have been having trouble with Waltman, Snow and Austin while Sid got beat down by Crush last Friday night. What kind of shape is Sid in?

The Godwinns face Owen Hart and British Bulldog, As of late it seems that Owen and Bulldog haven't been working too well together. Owen also has Ultimate Warrior on his mind. Will the unpredictable Warrior show up? What else will happen between Bulldog and Owen?

In the main event Shawn Michaels takes on Hunter Hearst Helmsley in a non title match!

Plus interviews from Bret Hart, Vader, Undertaker! And much more all on the USA Network!

user posted image

Date: May 13, 1996

Attendance: 10,034

Ticket Sales: $401,360

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Hunter Hearst Helmsley facing the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels!

Rick Martel Vs. Chris Chavis with Ted DiBiase

Again the announcers made sure to hype up Rick Martel's comeback to the ring saying that Martel is still undefeated and holds a win over Mabel who won the 1995 King Of The Ring. Chavis controlled most of the match with Martel getting a few shots in on the member of The Corporation. Martel was able to gain control of the match after catching Chavis with a big time powerslam. Martel worked over Chavis' legs and tried to lock Chavis into the Québec Crab several times but Chavis kept grabbing the ropes. Thanks to some help from DiBiase, Chavis was able to regain control of the match nailing Martel with a back suplex. Chavis lifted Martel up and went for the Big Bucks but Martel countered and dropped Chavis across the ropes with a stun gun! Martel quickly locked Chavis into the Québec Crab and Chavis tapped out! Afterwards, Martel posed on the ropes as Ross and McMahon again hyped his amazing return to the ring.

77, 72, 82 **3/4

Interview with Owen Hart and British Bulldog

Our cameras take us backstage where Dok Hendrix is standing by with the WWF Intercontinental Champion, Owen Hart and British Bulldog.

Dok Hendrix- Well I'm standing by with the team of British Bulldog and Owen Hart. And guys tonight you two take on The Godwinns but as of late it seems you two have been having some problems. And last Friday night Owen you said you were the captain of the team!

Owen Hart- Dok Hendrix shut your mouth! Stop the lying! I said there was no team captain. But if there was then me and Bulldog would both be captains. Bulldog and myself are fine. There's no problems between us. Just because Bulldog lost the titles and ruined me being a double champion doesn't mean there's a problem between us.

Dok Hendrix- You said you were the more charismatic one!

Owen Hart- Yes but Bulldog has his charm and unique qualities see......

British Bulldog- Actually Owen I think there might be a

Owen Hart- *interrupting* Davey be quiet, The Intercontinental champ is speaking right now. Like I said there's nothing wrong with Bulldog and myself. Tonight we're going to beat The Godwinns just like we always have! And then after that I'm going to make sure Bulldog and myself get the tag team gold back around our waist!

Dok Hendrix- Owen this Sunday night you'll put the Intercontinental Championship on the line against Ultimate Warrior. And it looks like you might be losing the title come Sunday night.

Owen Hart- Dok Hendrix you think that nut is going to be able to beat me? I'm the champ! I'm a former three time tag team champ, King Of The Ring and the current Intercontinental Champion! Warrior's not going to be able to beat me! I'm going to lock him into the Sharpshooter and make him squeal like a pig! Tonight I'm going out there and make an example out of The Godwinns! Come on Bulldog lets go!

Dok Hendrix- Fans stick around because up next we'll hear from the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Is Shawn Michaels ready for Last Man Standing?

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with Vince McMahon standing in the ring with a microphone.

Vince McMahon- This Sunday night we're going to see a brutal battle. A battle like we've never seen before. It won't be for the weak at heart. It will be a fight. It will be a brutal match where the only way to win is to truly be the last man standing. Ladies and gentlemen at this time allow me introduce to you the current World Wrestling Federation Champion. The man who might only be champion until this Sunday night when he goes into battle. Ladies and gentlemen there is only one "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels!

"Sexy Boy" hits the arena to a huge ovation from the fans as the World Wrestling Federation makes his way down to the ring. Shawn Michaels poses inside the ring for a bit before shaking hands with Vince McMahon. The fans let out a "HBK" chant as Vince prepares to speak.

Vince McMahon- Shawn Michaels thank you for joining us out here tonight. And there's alot on your mind. First of all you take on Hunter Hearst Helmsley tonight in what should be an amazing main event. And then this Sunday night well it's Last Man Standing. Shawn Michaels at this moment what are your thoughts on In Your House and the match with Kevin Nash?

Shawn Michaels- Well right now I'm looking very forward to the match. I can't wait to get inside that ring with him Sunday night and show him who's the man around the World Wrestling Federation. I'm going to show him why I am the World Wrestling Federation Champion. And I'm going to show him and the whole world that Shawn Michaels' era has only just begun.

Vince McMahon- Shawn it can't be easy going in there with a former friend, Will that be a factor this Sunday night?

Shawn Michaels- I thought it would last month. I thought after last month after I beat him we could go back to the way things were but I was wrong. Nash proved that he doesn't want anything to do with HBK after putting me through the announce table last month. It won't be a factor now. I'm going to go out there and do everything it takes to walk out as the champion. The friendship is over. There can only be one champion and that will be me. Nash is going to get hit with everything I got. Like I said the only way this title is leaving my waist is if I'm not breathing.

Vince McMahon- At the end of the night will you be the champion? After all the brutality we're going to see, After all the violence and blood. Will you be still the World Wrestling Federation Champion?

Shawn Michaels- After all that's going to go down, I can personally promise everyone that I will walk out still the World Wrestling Federation Champion. Kevin Nash will not doubt get his shots in on me and I might bleed, I might get hurt and he might put me through a table. But I'll just fire back and keep coming. Nash will know what it's like to get beat up. I will do all it takes. I will walk out with the title when the night is over. It will be a violent match. It will be something that the fans in the World Wrestling Federation have never seen before. It will be the most violent match in WWF history with the end result being me standing over Kevin Nash with my World Wrestling Federation Championship around my waist. Kevin Nash will stay down for the count and I will be the champion when the night is over. The Shawn Michaels era has only begun Vin Man.

Vince McMahon- Shawn Michaels tonight it's you and Hunter Hearst Helmsley going one on one in a non title match. Your thoughts on this match up?

Shawn Michaels- I'm looking forward to getting inside the ring with Helmsley. I think he's an amazing wrestler even though his attitude isn't the best. I know the Kliq is going to be backing me up when I'm in there with him and that's what's going to make me the winner. I just hope Kevin Nash is watching what I do with Helmsley tonight. At the end of the night I predict someone's going down to Sweet Chin Music!

Vince McMahon- Thank you for the interview and good luck tonight and this Sunday night. Ladies and gentlemen the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels!

Shawn Michaels' music plays as the "Heart Break Kid" poses. Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with Ross hyping Cactus Jack in action next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cactus Jack Vs. Jim Neidhart

Neidhart and Cactus seem to have good chemistry in the ring together and the crowd was into this brawl. Neidhart jumped Cactus during Cactus' entrance and both men brawled out on the floor beating the holy hell out of each other. Neidhart introduced Cactus to the steel steps and Cactus looked like he was enjoying getting beat up! Neidhart tossed Cactus out into the crowd and they brawled right through the crowd! McMahon was going nuts yelling "anything can happen in the World Wrestling Federation even battles into the crowd!" Both men finally came into the ring where the match officially started. Neidhart continued pounding the piss out of Cactus who again seemed to be enjoying getting beat up. Jim Ross described it in one word "sick". Cactus finally was able to get Neidhart down with a huge double arm hook DDT. Cactus Jack worked over Neidhart for a bit but "The Anvil" kept fighting back and took Cactus out with a huge powerslam! Neidhart lifted Cactus up but Cactus Jack locked Neidhart into the mandible claw! Neidhart passed out and Cactus Jack was awarded the win! Afterwards, Cactus wouldn't let go of the hold until the count of four. Jack had a smile on his face as the referee checked on Neidhart. Jim Ross explained that the mandible claw involves a cluster of nerves under the tongue, And that any prolonged pressure there paralyzes a man. McMahon simple called it "what a submission hold!"

84, 83, 86 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jeff Jarrett makes his point to Undertaker!

Undertaker's music hits the arena to a huge ovation as Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break. The lights go off and out comes Undertaker with manager Paul Bearer at his side. Undertaker puts the lights back into the arena as he enters the ring. Bearer is handed a microphone as the fans start a big "Undertaker" chant.

Paul Bearer- Oh yes, Oh yes. The creatures of the night of Milwaukee have all gathered here tonight. Oh yes they have. And this Sunday night my Undertaker prepares to go into battle with Jeff Jarrett. Undertaker prepares to take another soul into the dark side. Jeff Jarrett you actually thought you were going to be able to beat my Undertaker down? You thought he was going to stay down. Nothing can beat this man away. Many men have tried but in the end they gave their souls to Undertaker because they knew that they could not put him away. All the creatures of the night will be backing Undertaker up this Sunday night Jeff Jarrett. Jeff Jarrett what are you going to do this Sunday night when you're standing eye to eye with Undertaker? There won't be anywhere for you to run or for you to hide. Undertaker is simply going to destroy you. You can't hurt a dead man Double J. Undertaker is coming for you this Sunday night and when he comes for you there won't be anything you can do.

Undertaker- Jeff Jarrett, The lord of the darkness has been waiting for you. I have been waiting to collect your soul. Your attacks on me have proven that you can't hurt me. Nothing can. I have been in the ring with everyone you can think of and in the end they've all looked into my eyes and felt their destruction coming. Jeff Jarrett you will be no different. This Sunday night your world as you know it will come to an end. This Sunday night you will rest in peace!

The fans cheer as Undertaker's music plays and the blue lights come back on, Undertaker poses but wait! Out of crowd here comes Jeff Jarrett! Jarrett comes into the ring with a steel chair! Undertaker turns around and gets drilled by a huge chair shot from Jarrett! The lights come back on as Jarrett stomps away on Undertaker! Jarrett shoves Bearer aside and holds the chair high in the air! Undertaker sits up! But Jarrett drills Undertaker with another chair shot right over the head! Undertaker sits back up! Jarrett drills Undertaker with another chair shot! And this time Undertaker ain't sitting up! Jarrett drops the chair down and heads to the back! Undertaker sits up! Undertaker is busted wide open! Undertaker grabs the steel chair and exits the ring with it as Bearer follows him. Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with Vince McMahon going nuts asking what can you do to put Undertaker down?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Crush, Steve Austin and Sean Waltman with Ted DiBiase Vs. Smoking Gunns and Sycho Sid

Pretty decent six men tag match up here, The announcers hyped the issues the Gunns' have been having with Al Snow, Steve Austin and Sean Waltman of The Corporation. Jim Ross made sure to mention that Sid and Crush this Sunday night will be a slobber knocker. All six men started off brawling inside the ring. The Smoking Gunns ended up brawling out on the floor with Waltman and Austin while Crush and Sid beat the tar out of each other in the ring and then they went to the outside to join the fight. Billy Gunn ended up being the weak link for his team as The Corporation isolated the young Gunn brother. Waltman and Austin made sure to get their shots in as Vince wondered where Al Snow was at tonight. After taking a huge beating, Billy was able to take Waltman out with the Rocker Dropper and tag in Sid while Crush got tagged in. Sid came into the ring and started cleaning house! Sid took out everyone that stood in his way! Waltman and Austin tried but they got a big clothesline for their troubles! The Smoking Gunns ended up back out on the floor with Waltman and Austin leaving Sid with Crush. Sid choke slammed Crush and covered but DiBiase had the official distracted! Al Snow came running down from the back! Snow came into the ring and hit Sid in the back of the head with a foreign object! Snow rolled Crush on top of Sid as DiBiase got off the apron! 1,2,3! Afterwards, The Smoking Gunns came into the ring as Al Snow and his fellow Corporation members fled the ring. Ross said there's going to be hell to pay this Sunday night.

80, 81, 81 ***

Martel meets the Commissioner!

We go backstage where we see Rick Martel walking, Martel then runs into Commissioner Ric Flair.

Ric Flair- Ah Rick Martel, Just the man I wanted to see.

Rick Martel- What's up Commissioner?

Ric Flair- Well Rick I've been seeing you in the ring since your return and man you've made me proud. You got a fire inside of you that still has alot left. I haven't seen anyone return to the ring and be as good as you've been Rick.

Rick Martel- Thank you Commissioner. I'm glad my talents aren't going unappreciated around here.

Ric Flair- And I'm going to reward you by putting you on the Pay Per View this Sunday night.

Rick Martel- Excellent. Who will I be facing?

Ric Flair- I have noticed that you're undefeated since returning so I think it should be you and another undefeated man in that ring. So it will be you and Scott Taylor one on one this Sunday night.

Rick Martel- Scott Taylor huh? Sounds good to me. I can't wait to get into the ring with that arrogant young punk and show him who's the man around the World Wrestling Federation. Thank you for putting me on the Pay Per View. This Sunday night Scott Taylor is going to get locked into the Québec Crab and he'll have no choice but to tap out!

Ric Flair- You show him who's boss Martel, Woooooooo!

Rick Martel- I will don't you worry about that. Rick Martel is back and he's here to make an impact!

Rick Martel walks off with Ric Flair looking on. Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

British Bulldog and Owen Hart Vs. The Godwinns with Hillbilly Jim

Jim Ross said that Cornette couldn't be at ringside with Bulldog and Owen due to him being with Vader backstage getting ready for an interview. Owen and Bulldog were doing well in the beginning until Owen started getting too cocky and would cover Phineous with his foot over Phineous' chest or take too long to cover. That's when Bulldog really got mad at Owen and yelled something at Owen which had to bleeped off! Owen tagged Bulldog in and told Bulldog if he's so great to beat him! Bulldog did just that and gave Phineous a beating while Owen watched. Phineous was able to get the Slop Drop on Bulldog out of nowhere and tag in Henry! Bulldog crawled to his corner to tag in Owen but it looked like Owen didn't want in! Owen though changed his mind and let Bulldog tag him in! Henry quickly knocked Owen down with several right hands! Bulldog dumped Phineous out to the floor and went to clothesline Henry, Henry ducked and Bulldog took Owen out accidentally! Henry threw Bulldog out to the floor and covered Owen but Owen kicked out. Henry went for the Slop Drop to Owen but Owen countered into a roll and with his feet on the ropes, Owen was able to pin Henry! Afterwards, The Godwinns and Hillbilly Jim headed to the back as Bulldog came back into the ring. Owen and Bulldog started arguing again with Owen calling Bulldog an idiot for clotheslining him! The fans went wild as Ultimate Warrior came running down to the ring! Bulldog saw Warrior coming and quickly left the ring! Owen turned around and Warrior nailed Owen with a right hand knocking down the King Of Harts! Owen got up to his feet and Warrior clotheslined the champ out to the floor! Owen grabbed his title and headed to the back with Bulldog who had a smile on his face after seeing Owen get beat down! Warrior posed on the ropes to a big "Warrior" chant.

81, 78, 85 ***3/4

Vader is ready for Sunday night!

We go backstage where we see Vader standing by with his manager James E. Cornette.

James E. Cornette- Bret Hart this Sunday night it's the night you step into the ring with his man right here. You step into the ring with the man they call Vader. Bret Hart are you ready for a no holds barred, anything goes match up. Last month you got a lucky win over Vader but there's no way you're beating him twice. Not back to back. Bret you can have all your little fans with you but when the match is over you're going to be flat on your back! Vader is going to be standing over your body with his arm raised high in the air. There's no way you're going to be able to beat this man Bret Hart. Vader has been training. He's ready for your big match. This Sunday night will be the last these fans in the World Wrestling Federation will ever see of you. You will feel pain like you never felt before. Vader is going to be put in that ring with you and he's going to run wild all over you. It's anything goes. Everything is legal in this one Bret! What are you going to do to Vader? This Sunday night Vader will destroy you Hitman. Sunday night everyone in the world will know that it's

Vader- Vader time!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Will Bret Hart be able to beat Vader again?

We return from the commercial break with Dok Hendrix standing by with Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

Dok Hendrix- Bret Hart we just heard the comments from Vader and his manager James E. Cornette. Bret Hart the big question this Sunday night is are you going to be able to defeat Vader in a no holds barred, anything goes match?

Bret Hart- Dok Hendrix it seems like that's the big question around here isn't it? Am I going to be able to defeat Vader this Sunday night? In a no holds barred, Anything goes match? Vader I've beaten you before and I will do it this Sunday night. It doesn't matter what kind of a match it is. I proved to everyone that I am better than you. That I am the better wrestler. Vader this Sunday night you can talk about how bigger and badder you are than me and you might think this match is in your favor but you should know never to count out "The Hitman". I can put up a good fight and that's what I'm going to do Sunday night inside that ring with you. I know it's not going to be a match. It's going to be a fight and when it's over I'll have my hands raised. Vader I am the excellent of execution and I am the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be!

Dok Hendrix- Thank you and good luck this Sunday night, Fans up next it's the huge main event!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Shawn Stasiak beats Hakushi with the Stasiak Drop! (Superstars 5/12/96)

Shawn Michaels Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Michaels and Helmsley worked pretty well together here and this was a much better match than Michaels and Bulldog last week. Both men started this one off doing a sequence ending with Helmsley getting the better of Michaels and then doing his bow to Michaels drawing boos from the crowd. They did another sequence with Michaels getting the better of Helmsley this time and tossing the blue blood snob out to the floor and hitting a big plancha to Helmsley on the outside. They brawled outside the ring with Helmsley sending Michaels into the unforgiving steel steps! Back inside the ring, Helmsley caught Michaels coming off the ropes with the high knee to the face! Helmsley got a few near falls on Michaels using suplexes and other maneuvers. Helmsley worked over Shawn Michaels' back and late in the match he was able to apply a abdominal stretch to the "Heart Break Kid". Michaels was able to counter out of it by hip tossing Helmsley down! Michaels then caught Helmsley with the flying forearm and did the nip up! Michaels was a house on fire knocking down Helmsley with several blows. Michaels came off the top with a moonsault to Helmsley but somehow Helmsley kicked out at 2! Michaels slammed Helmsley down and headed up top, Michaels came flying off the top with the flying elbow drop to Helmsley! Michaels went over to the corner and started tuning up the band! Michaels went for Sweet Chin Music but Helmsley ducked and kicked Michaels in the gut, Helmsley ended up going for the Pedigree but Michaels countered and catapulted Helmsley into the turnbuckles! Helmsley then walked right into Sweet Chin Music! Michaels hooked the legs but Kevin Nash came down to the ring with a steel chair and nailed Michaels over the back with it causing a disqualification! Nash lifted Michaels up and drilled Michaels with another chair shot right over the head! Nash dropped the chair down as Hunter Hearst Helmsley left the ring. Nash lifted Michaels up and hit the Jackknife Powerbomb to Michaels! Nash grabbed the WWF Championship and raised it high in the air standing over Shawn Michaels. Monday Night Raw went off the air with Kevin Nash standing over Shawn Michaels with Jim Ross screaming asking us if this is what we would see this Sunday night on Pay Per View!

92, 95, 86 ***3/4

Overall Rating- 85

TV Rating- 7.67

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.45

Attendance- 7,028

Ticket Sales- $281,120

Notes

"Phineous Godwinn and Henry Godwinn work well together as a team, it adds to their matches."- Pat Patterson

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

Guest Prototype

Good shows! I am starting to like the Sid/Corporation feud. Good to see Jarrett get some offense in his feud with Taker. He should get over with this rub. I like the way you are teasing an Owen and Bulldog break up. Are you going with Martel as a heel or face? IYH looks good. Keep it up!

PS- I agree with Cactus Jack: A feud with Taker would be awesome!

Just thought I would let you know Mr. Hewey, I am still very much enjoying this scenario. Everything you are doing is quite real, in that it is the WWF/E style of booking. I'm hoping for an IC Title feud with Owen and Bulldog if they do split up. I have a feeling Cactus Jack is gonna go after either Shawn Michaels or Ultimate Warrior. He'll either cost warrior the match at IYH, or do a run in after the (lets be honest, if Nash is gonna be gone for a while as you said) Title defense of Michaels.

Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic, keep it up dude!!!

Good shows! I am starting to like the Sid/Corporation feud. Good to see Jarrett get some offense in his feud with Taker. He should get over with this rub. I like the way you are teasing an Owen and Bulldog break up. Are you going with Martel as a heel or face? IYH looks good. Keep it up!

PS- I agree with Cactus Jack: A feud with Taker would be awesome!