World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

Guest Prototype

Im a new reader to this particualr diary and I have to say it is great! WM XII was great and the I liked how the Raw after set a few feuds up. The Taker/Diesel match at Mayhem will be good, and I see Diesel coming out on top. The Corpration is strong and Ill be interested to see what you do with Warlord, Barbarian, and Tugboat.

Guest Smokey McPott

I've been checking back on this diary every now and then, and one thing I've noticed is your match quality. Every single match seems to break the three star mark, whether it be Ron Simmons vs The Undertaker or whatever .. not trying to be a smartass, I just find the idea of The Headbangers being in a ****1/4 match funny :P Dont get me wrong though, the Headbangers rock!

Anyway, WM was a good show, and I look forward to Diesel's inevitable WWF title reign. Come on, you gotta give the big guy a run with the belt eventually. B)

I've been checking back on this diary every now and then, and one thing I've noticed is your match quality. Every single match seems to break the three star mark, whether it be Ron Simmons vs The Undertaker or whatever .. not trying to be a smartass, I just find the idea of The Headbangers being in a ****1/4 match funny  Dont get me wrong though, the Headbangers rock!

Edited by Baby Hewey

I havent been on here since before WrestleMania but i just read the last two shows and (Even though i hoped for Hart to win, as it would be different) i thought you did an excellent job with the match and the event as a whole.

Raw was good too and im looking forward to the next show to build up some good new feuds for the next PPV.

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Date: March 29, 1996

Attendance: 9,028

Ticket Sales: $361,120

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Diesel taking on Undertaker!

Interview with Shawn Michaels

We start the night off with Shawn Michaels' music hitting the arena to a huge ovation from the fans. The World Wrestling Federation Champion came down to the ring as Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect wondered what Michaels had to say. Michaels was handed a microphone as the fans started chanting "HBK".

Shawn Michaels- Now last Monday night I thought we had ourselves the title match for In Your House "Pride And Violence" set. I thought it was going to be the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels in one corner and "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel in the other corner fighting it out for this title right here. Diesel it was less than three weeks ago when you turned on HBK stabbing me in the back. I had to stay out of your business or I would lose the chance to become the WWF Champion at Wrestlemania XII. Well the wait is over and big man HBK is coming for you! Now I don't care if it's Undertaker or Diesel getting the title shot. If it's Undertaker I'll wrestle both he and Diesel at the Pay Per View. The fact of the matter is Shawn Michaels lays down for nobody. And I'll take and beat whoever challenges me for this title. I am the best wrestler in the world right now and I am the World Wrestling Federation Champion. So Diesel or Undertaker which ever one of you is the number one contender I don't care. I am the champion and I'll beat either one of you! The Shawn Michaels Era in the WWF has begun and I will be the WWF Champion for a very, very long time! Undertaker, Diesel best of luck to the best you and I'll see you on April 21st!

Shawn Michaels' music plays to cheers from the fans as Shawn stays inside the ring and poses with the title. Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect hyping Crush in action up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Crush with Ted DiBiase Vs. Marty Jannetty

Another Jannetty squash here. Crush dominated the entire match with Jannetty barely getting any offense in. Perfect and Dok Hendrix kept hyping Crush up as the most dangerous man in the WWF after taking out Ahmed Johnson at Wrestlemania XII. Crush used power moves on Jannetty and chokes. Jannetty started fighting back nailing Crush with right hands and drop kicks. Jannetty followed up with a clothesline and he even connected with the Rocker Dropper! Jannetty headed up top and went for the Flying Fist Drop but Crush moved out of the way. Jannetty landed on his feet and walked right into the Heart Punch from Crush! Crush hooked the leg for the 1,2,3, beating Marty Jannetty! Afterwards Crush wasn't done yet as he lifted Jannetty up and drilled Jannetty with another Heart Punch! Crush dragged Jannetty back up to his feet and drilled Jannetty with a third Heart Punch! The referee tried to get involved but Crush decked him! Crush lifted Jannetty back up and this time he threw Jannetty out to the floor. Officials came running down from the back to prevent Crush from doing anymore damage to Marty Jannetty. The announcers mentioned that we might not see Marty Jannetty in action for a long time due to this attack.

69, 65, 73 *3/4

Interview with Hunter Hearst Helmsley

We're taken to the interview area where Kevin Kelly is standing by with Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

Kevin Kelly- Hunter Hearst Helmsley tonight you're going to be taking on Hakushi in singles action but last Sunday night at Wrestlemania XII you faced Marc Mero and when it was all said and done he beat you. And then last Monday night you attacked Marc Mero after he fought Goldust. Hunter Hearst Helmsley what's going on between you and Marc Mero?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Kevin Kelly it's really quite simple. Marc Mero got lucky at Wrestlemania XII. He beat me once and only once. Marc Mero this is far from over. Nobody but nobody makes a fool of Hunter Hearst Helmsley especially at the biggest show of the year Wrestlemania XII. Marc Mero if you got any guts you'll face me in a rematch from Wrestlemania XII at In Your House "Pride And Violence". Marc Mero one more time lets get in the ring and lets see who the better man truly is.

Kevin Kelly- What about your match with Hakushi tonight?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Hakushi isn't a challenge. I'm not worried about him. Hakushi you're nothing to me. Tonight I'm going to make an example out of you. Hakushi you might be a high flier from Japan but everyone knows Hunter Hearst Helmsley is richer than the country of Japan! Tonight you're going to be lying flat on your back from the Pedigree.

Kevin Kelly- Thank you for the comments and fans up next this man right here Hunter Hearst Helmsley faces Hakushi in singles action!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Hakushi

Helmsley got his butt whipped in the beginning of this match as Hakushi hit a big somersault plancha to Helmsley as Helmsley was making his way down to the ring. Helmsley and Hakushi brawled out on the floor where Hakushi got the best of the arrogant blue blood snob sending Helmsley to the steel ring post. The action came into the ring where Hakushi got a few near falls over Helmsley. Helmsley begged Hakushi for mercy but Hakushi just continued beating the heck out of Helmsley. Helmsley was finally able to turn things his way after catching Hakushi with a high knee to the face. After that it was all Helmsley as he used his technical skills on Hakushi trying to put the Japanese sensation away. Helmsley got a few close near falls over Hakushi but he could not put Hakushi away. Late in the match, Helmsley went up top only to get thrown off the top turnbuckle by Hakushi. Hakushi made his come back gaining several near falls over Helmsley. Hakushi had Helmsley down and went up top where he connected with his senton bomb to Helmsley but sadly Helmsley put his foot on the ropes breaking the count. Helmsley ended up hitting the Pedigree out of nowhere scoring the 1,2,3 over Hakushi. Afterwards Hunter Hearst Helmsley posed as Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect wondered whether Marc Mero would accept Hunter Hearst Helmsley's challenge for a match for In Your House "Pride And Violence".

80, 76, 84 ***

Bret Hart Video

A video is shown over the career of Bret "The Hitman" Hart. It shows all of Bret Hart's most famous footage with it ending with Hart losing at Wrestlemania XII to the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels. This Monday night on Monday Night Raw we'll see the return of Bret "The Hitman" Hart! What will "The Hitman" have to say about his future in the World Wrestling Federation?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sycho Sid Vs. Jeff Jarrett

Jarrett wasted no time attacking his nemesis Sycho Sid from behind to start this match off. Both men brawled in the beginning of the match with the crowd behind Sid all the way. Both men ended up out on the floor where Jarrett introduced Sid's face to the steel ring post three times! Jarrett and Sid then went back inside the ring where Jarrett worked over Sid's legs. Jarrett softened Sid's leg up through out the match and every time Sid would try to fight back, Jarrett would kick away at Sid's injured leg. Late in the match Jarrett finally locked Sid into the Figure Four. Sid screamed in pain as the fans started chanting "Sid". A few seconds later Sid fought out and made his come back hitting Jarrett with right hands and clotheslines. Sid even connected with the Choke Slam but somehow Jarrett kicked out. The ending of the match came with both men slugging away at each other. Jarrett seemed to be getting the best of Sid and decided to strut! This proved to be a big mistake as Jarrett ended up getting kicked in the gut and dropped down by the Powerbomb from Sid giving Sid the win! Afterwards Sid posed to a huge "Sid" chant.

86, 89, 82 ***1\4

Sycho Sid gained overness from this feud ending.

Jeff Jarrett gained overness from this feud ending.

Ultimate Warrior Video

We're shown another video hyping the return of Ultimate Warrior. The video once again shows some famous Warrior moments including his big WWF Championship win against Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania VI. The video ends with Warrior's logo being shown on the screen with the words "A new time has come, Only one man can save the souls of the soulless and that man is Ultimate Warrior..... He returns in April!"

Ultimate Warrior lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sean Waltman and Steve Austin with Ted DiBiase Vs. Smoking Gunns

Great match up here, Both teams fought one hell of a fight. Austin and Waltman got their butts handed to them in the beginning by the former two time WWF Tag Team Champions. The Corporation soon turned the tide their way when Waltman hit Billy Gunn with a huge spinning back heel kick. Waltman and Austin isolated Billy Gunn from then on double teaming the tough cowboy. Dok Hendrix made sure to mention that Al Snow will return next month from a injury that kept him out of action last month. Billy took a beating until he was finally able to tag Bart in after taking both Waltman and Austin out with a pair of clotheslines. Bart Gunn came into the ring cleaning house taking out both Waltman and Austin with right hands and clotheslines. The Smoking Gunns connected with a couple nice double team moves to both men as they first delivered their back suplex/drop kick combo to Waltman and then they took Austin down with a double flapjack. Billy Gunn and Steve Austin ended up out on the floor brawling leaving Austin and Bart Gunn in the ring. Bart took Austin out with a sidewalk slam and covered Austin but Ted DiBiase got up on the apron distracting the referee! Waltman then came back into the ring took Bart out with the Six Kick and rolled Austin over on top of Bart for the three! Afterwards Waltman and Austin headed to the back with Ted DiBiase doing his evil laugh while Billy checked on his brother Bart.

87, 84, 91 ****

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Undertaker and Paul Bearer

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Todd Pettengill standing by with Undertaker and his manager Paul Bearer.

Todd Pettengill- I'm standing by with Undertaker and Undertaker tonight it could very well be the biggest match of your WWF career as you met "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel with the winner getting a shot at the WWF Championship at In Your House "Pride And Violence" on April 21st.

Paul Bearer- Oh yes.... Oh yes tonight is the night where Undertaker and his creatures of the night come one step closer to gaining the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Diesel last Sunday night you gave my Undertaker a tough battle but when it was all said and over only one man came out on top and that was Undertaker. Diesel if you thought the casket was bad you haven't seen anything yet. Because tonight nothing will stop Undertaker from beating you.

Todd Pettengill- Undertaker if in fact you do beat Diesel tonight then come In Your House "Pride And Violence" it'll be you and the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels for the very first time ever inside a WWF ring.

Paul Bearer- Shawn Michaels you have all these people backing you up but so does Undertaker and when the time comes for a fight between "The Kliq" and the creatures of the night the creatures of the night will win. Shawn Michaels don't take it personally but right now you're the WWF Champion and Undertaker wants that title back around his waist. Oh yes he does!

Undertaker- Diesel tonight you will once again look into the eyes of the man from the dark side and this time you won't be coming back to where I send you. The time has come for Diesel to rest in peace. Diesel you gave me a great battle at Wrestlemania XII but you could not beat me. And tonight will be not different. And as far as Shawn Michaels is concerned, Michaels it's time that the World Wrestling Federation Championship went back around my waist. It's time for the title to return back to the dark side and when it does come back to me, Shawn Michaels you will have rested in peace!

Todd Pettengill- Strong words from Undertaker. Fans we're going to go to a commercial break but up next we'll hear from Diesel!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Diesel

Once again we return from the commercial break with our cameras taking us to the interview area backstage. This time Kevin Kelly is standing by with "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel.

Kevin Kelly- Diesel we just heard comments from Undertaker. You did not expect to have to wrestle Undertaker tonight. On Monday Night Raw it looked like you were the clear number one contender for the WWF Championship except that President Gorilla Monsoon stopped you dead in your tracks and made this match up for tonight.

Diesel- Kevin Kelly this is another sign of how the World Wrestling Federation is trying to stick it to me. That moron of a President Gorilla Monsoon makes me face Undertaker again? What's up with that? I destroyed that freak at Wrestlemania XII and everyone knows it. He got lucky because of some sorry casket match rule. He did not pin me and he will never pin me. I am undefeated against Undertaker! And now Monsoon wants me to wrestle again? Kevin Kelly when you're a "Genetic Wonder" like myself you have to take it easy. Look at this body. I'm in better shape than everyone in the WWF. I shouldn't be wrestling tonight. Gorilla Monsoon is just jealous because he was never as good as "Big Daddy Cool" is.

Kevin Kelly- Diesel what about your relationship with Shawn Michaels? You turned on him a few weeks back and now it looks like you two are headed to go into battle. Do you regret turning your back on Shawn Michaels?

Diesel- Do I regret turning on Shawn Michaels? Of course not! Shawn Michaels is a selfish bastard! All he cares about is himself and he knows it! Shawn Michaels we were all about the tag team and somewhere along the line you forgot about that and became selfish. You cost me the Royal Rumble when I stuck up for you! When I had your back Shawn! You also drilled me with Sweet Chin Music "accidentally". Shawn Michaels you know you're not the leader of the new generation. The leader is me! I have always been the leader of the new generation. I was champion for almost a year. I dominated the WWF and I have beaten you before. Shawn you have never and will never ever beat me. Shawn Michaels you wish you had the talent of the "Genetic Wonder". I can promise you that when I beat Undertaker I won't be like Bret and try to wrestle you. What I'm going to do is beat the living hell out of you Shawn.

Kevin Kelly- Diesel your thoughts on your opponent for tonight Undertaker?

Diesel- Undertaker it's real simple. Tonight the winner gets a shot at the WWF Championship. Deadman I will do anything to come out as the winner. Whether it means crippling you or ending your career. One way or another I'm walking out as the number one contender.

Kevin Kelly- Thank you for your comments Diesel, When Friday Night Mayhem returns Diesel faces Undertaker!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Number one contenders match for the WWF Championship

Diesel Vs. Undertaker with Paul Bearer

Another great match between these two men. The fans were on the edge of their seat right from the beginning of this match up. Both men started this one off slugging each other! Undertaker got the best of Diesel and they ended up outside the ring! Diesel took control of the match by sending Undertaker to the steel steps shoulder first! Both men continued brawling outside the ring with Diesel ramming Undertaker into the steel ring post back first four times! When the match came back into the ring, Diesel continued dominating Undertaker by delivering a short arm clothesline to Undertaker. Diesel used his trademark moves on Undertaker gaining several near falls over Undertaker. The announcers talked about how Undertaker and Shawn Michaels is a dream match as well as Diesel versus Michaels. Diesel ended up drilling Undertaker with the big boot and called for the Jackknife. Undertaker back dropped Diesel preventing Diesel from delivering the Jackknife! Undertaker then sat up and began to kick some butt! Undertaker nailed Diesel with right hands and a big uppercut rocking down "Big Daddy Cool". Undertaker followed up with his usual trademark moves as we were shown Shawn Michaels watching from a monitor in the back. Undertaker went to hit Diesel with a big boot but Diesel ducked it and Undertaker hit referee Earl Hebner by mistake! Diesel then got a few shots in on Undertaker but Undertaker didn't seem to feel anything from Diesel's shots and Choke Slammed Diesel! Undertaker called the Tombstone but the referee was down! Undertaker went to try to revive Hebner as Diesel pulled something out his pants, Undertaker turned around and Diesel drilled Undertaker with a right hand! Diesel then took a pair of brass knuckles out of his hand! Diesel quickly dragged Undertaker up and drilled Undertaker with the Jackknife Powerbomb! Diesel hooked the legs as Hebner came to and counted the 1,2,3! Diesel is now the number one contender! Diesel left the ring as Shawn Michaels watched from the back. Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with Diesel standing tall while Undertaker laid flat on his back inside the ring and Michaels watched from the back.

94, 98, 86 ***3/4

Overall Rating- 85

TV Rating- 7.23

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.91

Attendance- 6,502

Ticket Sales- $260,080

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.38

Attendance- 452

Ticket Sales- $9,040

"Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Hakushi didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"- Pat Patterson

"I think my last feud went very well, it has helped me get more over." - Sycho Sid

user posted image

Date: March 31, 1996

Attendance: 9,039

Ticket Sales: $361,560

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Razor Ramon taking on Chris Chavis.

Shawn Stasiak Vs. Chris Candido

We started the morning off with the young Shawn Stasiak taking on Chris Candido. Stasiak started off hit taking Candido off of his feet with several clotheslines and throwing Candido out to the floor. But Candido soon turned things his way with by poking the young Stasiak in the eye. Candido got a few near falls over Stasiak but he couldn't put Shawn Stasiak away. Candido though still kept trying and trying getting the fans behind Shawn Stasiak. Shawn Stasiak ended up taking Candido out with a big powerslam and made his big come back. Stasiak nailed Candido with a big bulldog and called for the end. He lifted Candido up and connected with the Stasiak Complex and hooked the legs for the 1,2,3. Afterwards Shawn Stasiak celebrated his big win with the announcers really hyping this kid up as something special in the future.

66, 58, 74

Chris Candido lost overness from this match.

Shawn Stasiak gained overness from this match.

Interview with Albert and Ted DiBiase

Backstage Todd Pettengill interviewed Albert and his manager Ted DiBiase. Pettengill asked for Albert's thoughts on his upcoming match with Savio Vega. Ted DiBiase did all the talking and told Pettengill that Savio had no chance tonight. Ted DiBiase mentioned Al Snow's return to action tomorrow night on Monday Night Raw as well.

Albert gained overness from this segment.

Albert with Ted DiBiase Vs. Savio Vega

Savio Vega barely got any offense in on Albert. Vega started off with some right hands but Albert quickly took Savio out with a stiff clothesline. Albert gave Savio a real beating here and when it looked like Savio might have been able to fight back, He was caught by Albert's A-Bomb giving Albert the win.

64, 60, 69

Savio Vega lost overness from this match.

Albert gained overness from this match.

Godwinns Video

A video airs hyping The Godwinns up, It shows their best footage including some big wins here in the World Wrestling Federation.

The Godwinns with Hillbilly Jim Vs. The Headbangers

A decent tag team match up, The Godwinns started off hot but then Thrasher and Mosh isolated Phineous. The Headbangers double teamed Phineous for quite some time but they could not put away the young Godwinn cousin. The Headbangers went for a double clothesline late in the match but Phineous ducked and took both men out making the hot tag to Henry! Henry came into the ring and cleaned house taking out both Mosh and Thrasher. Henry picked up the win for his team after delivering the Slop Drop to Thrasher. Afterwards The Godwinns and Hillbilly Jim celebrated their win by doing their hillbilly dance.

69, 55, 83

Interview with Marc Mero

Backstage we heard from "The Wildman" Marc Mero. Marc Mero accepted Hunter Hearst Helmsley's challenge for In Your House "Pride And Violence". Mero said if Helmsley thought Wrestlemania XII was something then he hasn't seen nothing yet.

Interview with Chris Chavis and Ted DiBiase

Backstage Dok Hendrix was standing by with Chris Chavis and his manager Ted DiBiase. Ted DiBiase said even though today's match with Razor was a non title match Chavis would still beat Razor Ramon. Chavis told Razor it's time to pay up!

Razor Ramon Vs. Chris Chavis with Ted DiBiase

A pretty good main event here as Ramon and Chavis worked pretty well together. The crowd gave Razor Ramon the biggest ovation of the day. Chavis controlled the beginning of the match thanks to some help from DiBiase. Chavis treated this one like a title match and took it to "The Bad Guy". Razor though was able to make the come back and delivered his trademark maneuvers to Chavis. After Razor hit Chavis with the fallaway slam he called for the Razor's Edge. Razor lifted Chavis up and delivered a big time Razor's Edge for the victory. Afterwards Razor Ramon celebrated as Superstars went off the air.

80, 83, 75

Overall Rating- 74

TV Rating- 2.93

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 2.92

Attendance- 6,545

Ticket Sales- $261,800

"Shawn Stasiak and Chris Candido didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"- Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Shawn Stasiak

"Phineous Godwinn and Henry Godwinn work well together as a team, it adds to their matches."- Pat Patterson

"Chris Chavis and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Goldust? I think our styles would really work well together."- Razor Ramon

"I was thinking, how about giving me some matches with Owen Hart? I think we'd be able to do some good work together given the chance."- Shawn Michaels

"Our ratings battle with Worldwide is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

end of the month news report might be up later

His feud with Taker doesnt seem to be completely over, based on the last show.

Looking forward to the report, you always do a good job with those Hewey and i cant wait to read it.

Wrestling News for April, 1996

Taking a look at the wrestling world

user posted image

World Wrestling Federation

Owner: Linda McMahon

Public Image: 80

Size: Global

Based In: America

Risk Level: 70

Production Values: 100

Merchandising: 100

Advertising: 100

Top 5 Faces

1. Razor Ramon (99)

2. Undertaker (98)

3. Shawn Michaels (98)

4. Sycho Sid (96)

5. Ultimate Warrior (96)

Top 5 Heels

1. Diesel (99)

2. Vader (93)

3. Goldust (91)

4. British Bulldog (89)

5. Owen Hart (88)

user posted image

World Championship Wrestling

Owner: Ted Turner

Public Image: 41

Size: Global

Risk Level: 40

Production Values: 90

Top 5 Stars

1. Ric Flair (100)

2. Hulk Hogan (100)

3. Sting (100)

4. Randy Savage (97)

5. The Giant (91)

user posted image

Extreme Championship Wrestling

Owner: Paul Heyman

Public Image: 79

Size: Cult

Risk Level: 90

Production Values: 60

Top 5 Stars

1. Raven (76)

2. The Sandman (72)

3. Sabu (70)

4. Mikey Whipwreck (69)

5. Terry Funk (65)

user posted image

League Against The McMahon Family

Owner: Helen Pring

Public Image: 65

Risk Level: 70

Top 5 Stars

1. The Sandman (72)

2. Bam Bam Bigelow (72)

3. Fabulous Moolah (71)

4. Sabu (70)

5. Smash (70)

user posted image

Supreme Wrestling Federation

Owner: Unkown

Public Image: 46

Risk Level: 14

Top 5 Stars

1. ?

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

5. ?

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Date: April 1, 1996

Tonight Monday Night Raw is going to be big. First off Bret Hart makes his return to the WWF. We haven't seen or heard from "The Hitman" since Wrestlemania XII. Bret Hart is going to be in Denver and he's going to address all the rumors about his career. What does Bret Hart have to say about Wrestlemania XII and his future in the World Wrestling Federation?

Diesel is the undisputed number one contender for the WWF Championship and he will get his shot at In Your House "Pride And Violence". Tonight both Diesel and the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels are scheduled to be in Denver. What's going to happen between these former friends?

Tonight there will be a huge tag team main event. Sean Waltman and Steve Austin join forces to take on Razor Ramon and Undertaker. What a explosive tag team encounter this is going to be.

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Al Snow makes his return taking on Savio Vega

Smoking Gunns face Owen Hart and British Bulldog in a non title match

Ron Simmons Vs. Marc Mero

Jeff Jarrett Vs. Hakushi

And in the main event we'll see Undertaker and Razor Ramon face Steve Austin and Sean Waltman.

Plus Diesel, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart and much more!

I agree, Bret could be turning soon.

I loved the news report as usual Hewey (Although im not too sure about Warrior, maybe a feud with Albert would work for him...), you can make some really boring facts much better to read. Keep up the good work and bring on Raw!

Edited by meripu1

user posted image

Date: April 1, 1996

Attendance: 9,009

Ticket Sales: $360,360

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Sean Waltman and Steve Austin taking on Undertaker and Razor Ramon!

Al Snow Vs. Savio Vega

This is Al Snow's in ring return after being on the shelf from late February after suffering a tricep strain so it was basically a extended squash to show Al Snow's talent. The announcers questioned why Ted DiBiase wasn't at ringside with Al Snow here. Snow took it to Savio early on with his mixture of karate and wrestling keeping the fiery Puerto Rican down. Snow risked getting disqualified several times as he would choke Savio and not break until the count of five. Savio fought back and took it to Al Snow with hard chops and right hands. Savio connected with his Spinning Heel Kick to Snow but Snow somehow kicked out! Savio ended up going for another Spinning Heel Kick but Snow ducked and Savio hit the canvas hard. Savio then got up to his feet and Snow locked him into the Million Dollar Dream and it didn't take Savio Vega too long to tap out giving Al Snow the win. Afterwards Snow kept the hold on Savio and the referee had to risk reversing the decision so Snow could let go! Snow picked Savio up and tossed Savio out to the floor!

70, 64, 76 **

A new member with The Corporation?

Al Snow stayed in the ring and posed with the fans booing him. The Corporation came down to the ring being led by Ted DiBiase who was all smiles. Ted DiBiase and The Corporation got inside the ring and congratulated Al Snow. Ted DiBiase called for a microphone.

Ted DiBiase- That's how you make a return! Great victory Al! Great victory! You're an amazing athlete that's for sure! The Corporation missed you and we're glad to have your services back! Now then look at The Corporation. We're still the hottest group in professional wrestling. Look at the talent in this ring! But you know sometimes you need more. We need more. We need a new member. And you know who we need? We need someone who has been apart of The Corporation before. And that someone is currently in the World Wrestling Federation. That man is Sycho Sid! Now Sid I know there was that incident with you getting in trouble and me not being there for you but come on. You came back! And you're one of the most popular wrestlers in the World Wrestling Federation. Sid you've been in The Corporation. You know what it's like. Sycho Sid come down here and join us. This is your rightful place in the WWF. Being a member of The Corporation once again! What do you say big man? Come on out here and tell the world that you're back in The Corporation!

The crowd boos as The Corporation stay in the ring and wait............. Sycho Sid's music hits the arena and the fans erupt giving Sycho Sid a huge ovation! Sycho Sid walks down to the ring as Ted DiBiase and The Corporation are all smiles. Sid gets inside the ring and DiBiase offers him a handshake but Sid just stares him down.

Sycho Sid- Ted DiBiase! Here we go again! Ted DiBiase you know last year I got into some trouble. It was December of last year if I recall correctly and you did nothing about it! And now when I come back and earn these peoples respect you want me to give it up and join The Corporation again?

Ted DiBiase- Sid come on! I backed you up in the past. You know what it's like to be in The Corporation. Sycho Sid there's no reason for you not to trust us. Look at what I've done to this group. They're all going to become huge superstars. Sid I can get you what you want and that is the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Sid what do you say? Will you join The Corporation again?

Sycho Sid- My answer is no Ted! No! You see..........

Ted DiBiase- All right hang on, Hang on. Sid right now your answer might be no but look I'll tell you what. I'll give you until next week. Next Monday night you can give us a real answer. Just think about it okay? Just watch what a great week this will be for The Corporation. So you'll think it over?

Sycho Sid- Well I guess there's no harm in thinking it over.........

Ted DiBiase- That's right big man there's no harm. We'll see you next week. Come on boys!

Ted DiBiase motions for The Corporation to leave as their music plays. The Corporation head to the back with Ted DiBiase who's smiling. Sid stands in the ring as Jim Ross and Vince question whether or not next week Sid would join The Corporation.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ultimate Warrior Video

We return from the commercial break with another video of the Ultimate Warrior. This time a voice talks about choices and the choices people make. This voice says that come April 21 a choice will be made. The video ends with Ultimate Warrior's logo showing up on the screen with the words "what choice will he make" popping up as the Warrior logo burns........

Ultimate Warrior lost overness from this segment.

Smoking Gunns Vs. Owen Hart and British Bulldog with James E. Cornette

Owen Hart and British Bulldog had a clause in their contract to make this a non title match explained McMahon. The crowd was into this match alot more than they were into the earlier match. The Smoking Gunns started off hot taking Bulldog and Owen out with double teams maneuvers but as usual Owen and Bulldog proved why they're the champs as they caught Bart Gunn off guard and double teamed him isolating him from his younger brother Billy. Owen and Bulldog double teamed Bart with Cornette at times getting involved. Owen worked over Bart's back and legs trying to soften him up for the Sharpshooter while Davey Boy Smith used his power over Bart first press slamming him and then connecting with a huge vertical suplex to the cowboy. Bulldog and Owen gave Bart a real tough time and the crowd was hot by the time Bart was able to tag in Billy. Billy came into the ring cleaning house taking out Bulldog and Owen with a series of clotheslines. The Smoking Gunns then double teamed Owen delivering their back suplex/drop kick combo to the King Of Harts while Bulldog suffered a double clothesline for his trouble. Bulldog ended up out on the floor with Bart brawling leaving Owen and Billy inside the ring. Owen took it to Billy went for his spinning heel kick but Billy caught Owen in midair and drove Owen down to the canvas with a pump handle slam! Billy covered Owen and scored the upset win to a big pop from the fans! Afterwards Smoking Gunns headed to the back as Cornette came into the ring with the gold. Owen threw a fit with Bulldog and Cornette trying to calm him down. McMahon said that this should make the Smoking Gunns the number one contenders.

84, 83, 85 ***1\2

Billy Gunn gained overness from this match.

Bart Gunn gained overness from this match.

The Masked Americans!

A video starts playing and we see two men wearing red, white and blue tights with masks on their faces which also have red, white and blue on them. These men are shown walking around the streets handing out miniature flags to people! The fans start chanting "USA" as these two men in their tights and masks look proud. One of them is holding a flag of the United States and starts waving it as the fans cheer. One of the masked men looks at the camera and prepares to speak.

Tom Prichard- Hi kids I'm Tom Prichard and this is my partner Steve Lombardi! And we're proud Americans! Are you?

Steve Lombardi- Of course you are and that's why we're coming to the World Wrestling Federation! Tom and myself are coming to the WWF to show everyone what real American pride is all about!

Tom Prichard- We all have American pride but not everyone in the WWF does. So it's time we go to the WWF and show everyone how proud Americans act! These masks on our faces represent America! These tights with red, white and blue represent the greatness of America!

Steve Lombardi- We're going to teach everyone about how great this country is! We're real patriots and we're going to kick some butt USA style!

The video fades with the "fans" chanting "USA" as the Masked Americans pose and wave the American flag.

Steve Lombardi gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ron Simmons Vs. Marc Mero

Vince and Jim Ross spent this match hyping the situation between Marc Mero and Hunter Hearst Helmsley saying that their match for In Your House "Pride And Violence" is set. Ron Simmons jumped Marc Mero from behind here with Vince saying that Simmons needed a win here after his loss to Undertaker last week on Monday Night Raw. Simmons was quite aggressive here bending the rules a few times trying to get the win no matter what. Simmons came close to scoring the win quite a few times as he first connected with a big spinebuster to Mero but somehow "The Wildman" kicked out. Simmons worked over Mero's back which had been hurt from when Simmons slammed Mero out on the floor earlier in the match up. Simmons applied a camel clutch but somehow Mero made it to the ropes. Mero made his come back after getting out of Simmons' attempt of the Dominator and nailing Simmons with a huge tornado DDT. Mero followed up with a couple drop kicks and big moonsault to Simmons from the top turnbuckle gaining a two count. Hunter Hearst Helmsley made his way to ringside as Mero took Simmons down with a samoan drop. Mero headed up top but saw Helmsley out on the floor and chose to come off the top with a big cross body to Helmsley all the way to the outside! Ron Simmons distracted the referee while Mero pounded away on Helmsley out on the floor. Mero went to send Helmsley into the steel steps but Helmsley countered and Mero hit the steps shoulder first! Helmsley then delivered the Pedigree to Marc Mero on the outside! Helmsley rolled Mero into the ring right into Simmons' Dominator for the 1,2,3! Afterwards Simmons headed to the back victorious as Helmsley came back into the ring. Helmsley lifted Mero up and planted Mero with another Pedigree! Helmsley stood over Marc Mero and did his bow as Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break.

79, 80, 80 **3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jeff Jarrett Vs. Hakushi

This one was a pretty good match with back and fourth action. Hakushi started this one off using his quickness on the former three time Intercontinental Champion dumping Jarrett out to the floor with a clothesline and delivering a somersault plancha to Jarrett out on the floor! They went back into the ring where Hakushi got several near falls on the man with the gold record. Jarrett soon turned the tide his way by delivering a big time neck breaker to Hakushi. Jarrett kept Hakushi down with suplexes and worked over Hakushi's legs using every trick in the book to try to soften Hakushi's legs for the Figure Four. Jarrett continued giving Hakushi a beating until Hakushi delivered a big hurricanrana take over to Jarrett keeping both men down. When they got up to their feet, Hakushi was all business taking it to Double J nailing Jarrett with drop kicks and right hands. Hakushi busted out a few impressive high flying moves wowing the crowd. Hakushi lifted Jarrett up and slammed Jarrett down. Hakushi headed up top and went for his Senton Bomb but Jarrett moved out of the way and Hakushi crashed on the canvas! Jarrett quickly locked Hakushi into the Figure Four making the Japanese star tap out! Afterwards Jeff Jarrett celebrated his win by doing his strut in the ring while Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break.

84, 77, 91 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Michaels and Diesel go face to face

Diesel's music hits the arena to boos from the fans in attendance as "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel makes his way down to the ring with a big smile on his face. Diesel gets inside the ring and poses as pyro goes off from the rafters and from the ring post. Diesel asks for a microphone as the fans start a big "Diesel sucks" chant.

Diesel- You know what? I'm a good mood today. A damn good mood today actually. Even though I have to be in a dump like Denver I'm happy. You know why I'm happy? Because not only did I finish off Undertaker but I am the undisputed number one contender for the WWF Championship. And now twenty days from now I get my shot at the World Wrestling Federation Championship when I take on the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels. Shawn we used to be friends but pride changed all out of that. I was suppose to win the Royal Rumble and go to Wrestlemania XII to become champion not you! Shawn Michaels I am the man around here and I will destroy you and leave you in a puddle of your own blood come April 21st. Shawn Michaels our friendship doesn't mean jack anymore. You got greedy after all that I've done for you. I'm the only one in the World Wrestling Federation that had your back Shawn and don't you ever forget it! But as usual Shawn Michaels let his ego get the best of him. Shawn I'm telling you right now that our match won't be like your little match with Bret. I'm not going to wrestle you I'm going to fight you. It's going to be a fight and in the end there can only be one winner and one WWF Champion and that'll be me Shawn. I will walk out as the new WWF Champion. The belt hasn't been around my waist for a very long time and now it's time for it to come back around "The Genetic Wonder". And it'll happen Shawn. One way or another it'll happen. And when it happens you will have no choice but to ask for my friendship back. And who knows maybe one day we'll be friends again. But as for right now it's all about the title HBK and Shawn believe me when I say I'll do anything and I mean anything to become the WWF Champion again. And just so you know Shawn, I will............

Diesel is interrupted by Shawn Michaels' music to a huge ovation from the fans. Shawn Michaels stands on the RAW entrance way with the WWF Championship over his shoulder as Diesel looks on with a smile across his face.

Shawn Michaels- Diesel I want to congratulate you first of all on beating Undertaker. You're right you are the number one contender for my WWF Championship. But Diesel you're wrong about something big man. You won't destroy Shawn Michaels. See what will happen on April 21st is two men going at it for this title and only one man will come out as the World Wrestling Federation Champion. And Diesel make no mistakes about it that man will be me. See you said you'd done anything to win this title well HBK is going to do everything to keep the title around his waist! Diesel I don't lay down for nobody and you can bet your ass that I won't be laying down for you pal! It's going to be a fight and it's going to be my biggest challenge to date but I will beat you!

Diesel- Shawn you're not going to beat me because it seems you forgot about last year's Wrestlemania and how "Big Daddy Cool" kicked your ass all over the place. Shawn I've beaten you and you've never beaten me and that's going to make a big different come April 21st.

Shawn Michaels- You're right I haven't beaten you but that was over a year ago. Alot can change in a year Diesel. Last year you were the champion and now you're the challenger. Diesel right now I'm the champion and I will be doing whatever it takes to remain the champion for a very long time. Our friendship is over and I won't mind taking shortcuts or knocking you over your head with a steel chair as long as I remain the champion. Diesel you might think you're going to beat me easily but in the end I will be the man left standing with the title around my waist and that's just the way it is Diesel. We're not friends and we will probably never be friends again. Your desire for the title ended our friendship and now my desire to keep the title will take you out once and for all Diesel.

Shawn Michaels' music plays as he and Diesel stare each other down. McMahon goes nuts hyping the big match between both men at In Your House "Pride And Violence" while Jim Ross tells us that Dok Hendrix is standing by with Sean Waltman, Steve Austin and their manager Ted DiBiase backstage.

Interview with Sean Waltman, Steve Austin and Ted DiBiase

We're taken to the interview area backstage where Dok Hendrix is standing by with Sean Waltman, Steve Austin and their manager Ted DiBiase.

Dok Hendrix- We'll Vince and JR I'm standing by with the team of Sean Waltman and Steve Austin with their manager Ted DiBiase. And tonight guys it's the biggest match of your life. You two will team up to face Razor Ramon and Undertaker. Sean Waltman and Steve Austin what is running through your minds right now as you prepare for this big match up?

Sean Waltman- Dok Hendrix you're right tonight is the biggest match in our careers. Undertaker and Razor Ramon are two of the biggest stars in the World Wrestling Federation. But the fact is Sean Waltman and Steve Austin are hungry. We want to go to the top. And tonight we're going to do whatever it takes to go right to the top of the WWF. Undertaker and Razor Ramon tonight you boys are going to be in the toughest fight of your life's! Me and Steve Austin aren't going to hold anything back!

Steve Austin- Tonight is a night for opportunity. And Sean Waltman and myself are going to take it. Undertaker and Razor Ramon tonight is going to be the night where Sean Waltman and Steve Austin make an impact and what better way to make an impact than to beat two of the biggest WWF superstars of all time? Tonight you boys are going to learn what it's like to be in a fight with The Corporation. Tonight Steve Austin and Sean Waltman are coming out on top one way or another!

Dok Hendrix- Ted DiBiase earlier tonight you offered Sycho Sid a spot in The Corporation and at first he turned it down but now it looks like he's thinking it over. Is Sid going to join The Corporation next Monday night?

Ted DiBiase- Dok Hendrix you'll find out next week about that! Ha ha ha! But make no mistake about it, Sid knows he'll go straight to the top with The Corporation backing him up! Just like Sean Waltman and Steve Austin are going to go to the top tonight by beating Undertaker and Razor Ramon!

Dok Hendrix- Fans you heard it from them, Tonight they'll take on Razor Ramon and Undertaker and it's coming up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sean Waltman and Steve Austin with Ted DiBiase Vs. Razor Ramon and Undertaker with Paul Bearer

All four men began the match off with a huge brawl. Undertaker and Razor quickly disposed of Waltman and Austin. Undertaker and Razor kept the match going to their favor for the first half of it until Razor was caught off guard by a spinning back heel kick from Waltman. Waltman and Austin double teamed "The Bad Guy" through out the match giving Razor a beating. McMahon and Ross questioned whether or not Sid would be joining The Corporation next Monday night. Razor tried making the tag to Undertaker a couple times but Waltman and Austin would jump all over him and prevent him from tagging in the man from the dark side. Waltman used his lightning fast feet using kicks to Ramon while Austin used his brawling and technical ability to try to put Ramon away but Razor kept on fighting and eventually connected with a big DDT to Austin and then Razor made the hot tag to Undertaker! Undertaker came into the ring and started cleaning house! Undertaker tossed Waltman atleast ten feet up in the air! Undertaker dominated Austin with a flurry of right hands in the corner as Razor went to work on his former best friend Sean Waltman. Razor tagged himself back into the match with a blind tag as Waltman ended out on the floor with Undertaker. Razor was dominating Austin and set Austin up for Razor's Edge.... DiBiase got up on the apron distracting the referee long enough for Austin to sneak a low blow in on Razor! Austin followed up with Stone Cold Stunner to Ramon and pinned Razor scoring the upset win! Afterwards Undertaker came into the ring but Waltman, Austin and DiBiase quickly fled the scene. Undertaker did not look happy as we went to a commercial break.

94, 92, 97 ****3/4

Undertaker lost overness from this match.

Steve Austin gained overness from this match.

Sean Waltman gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

What is Bret Hart's future in the World Wrestling Federation?

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with Jim Ross standing in the ring with a microphone in his hand.

Jim Ross- As we all know at Wrestlemania XII we saw Bret "The Hitman" Hart lose to the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels who is now the World Wrestling Federation Champion. Well tonight Bret Hart will address everyone about his career and his future in the World Wrestling Federation. So without further adieu ladies and gentlemen it's my pleasure to introduce to you the one and the only Bret "The Hitman" Hart!

The fans go wild as Bret Hart's music hits the arena. Bret Hart makes his way down to the ring with a serious look on his face in street clothing as the fans cheer. Bret Hart gets inside the ring and shakes the hand of Jim Ross as the fans start a "Hitman" chant.

Jim Ross- Well as you can tell by that chant you're still quite the popular guy. Now Bret there's been rumors about your career in the WWF. Rumors that say you could be going else where. Bret Hart at this time I would like you to address there rumors.

Bret Hart- First of all I'd like to address the rumors of my leaving the World Wrestling Federation. Well Jim Ross the rumors are false. I'm not going anywhere. There's a certain promotion down south throwing around alot of money but I told them that I'm WWF through and through. There's not enough money in the world to make Bret Hart leave the WWF. I'm staying. As far as my future goes it'll be the same. I'm going to fight hard and go right to the top of the WWF. I will be the World Wrestling Federation Champion once again.

Jim Ross- Bret Hart I'd love to know what you think about Wrestlemania XII and your match with the new WWF Champion the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels.

Bret Hart- I thought it was a great match. I gave Shawn Michaels just as much as he gave me. I thought Michaels got lucky. Wrestlemania XII was his night and it happens. But next time the boy toy gets inside the ring with "The Hitman" things are going to be alot different I promise you that Jim Ross. Shawn Michaels won at Wrestlemania XII but lets see what happens when we get inside that ring again.

Jim Ross- Your thoughts on Shawn Michaels after your grueling battle at Wrestlemania XII?

Bret Hart- It's like I said Jim Ross, I respect Shawn Michaels. I respect him alot more after our match at Wrestlemania XII. But I don't like him.

Jim Ross- Bret we talked about your future but as of now what are you going to do?

Bret Hart- Well I want to make my in ring return at the next Pay Per View which is In Your House "Pride And Violence". I'll accept anyone who wants a match with me. I'm not going anywhere and I want to return to the ring. There's plenty of guys I'd love to get in the ring with for my big return. Guys like Undertaker, Razor Ramon, Sid. I'll welcome anyone to a match. Whoever it is won't be beating me though. This is my big come back match and I will give whoever gets inside the ring with me the biggest fight of their life. And..........

Bret Hart is interrupted by "It's time, It's time.... It's Vader time!" to boos from the crowd as Vader's music hits the arena. James E. Cornette leads Vader down to the ring as Bret Hart stares them down. Cornette asks for a microphone as the fans chant for "The Hitman".

James E. Cornette- Bret Hart hold it right there! You list some names there but you did not mention this man right here! The 458 pound monster from the Rocky Mountains! This man right here took Yokozuna out of action! And if there's one person who should be facing you it's Vader! Vader has run over everyone in the WWF but if he beats you he'll be beating a true legend! And Hitman you're next on Vader's list! Bret Hart if you're any kind of man you'll accept this man's challenge. Pride And Violence you and Vader one on one!

Bret Hart- James E. Cornette you think I'm afraid of Vader? I've faced men bigger and badder than Vader. But yeah I'll accept because I have never backed out of a fight in my who entire life! And Vader if you want a match you'll get one! Vader you might scare everyone else in the back but I am the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be! And I will beat you come April 21st!

Bret Hart's music plays to a huge ovation as Cornette holds Vader back. Bret Hart and Vader stare each other down as Vader and Cornette head to the back. Monday Night Raw goes off the air with Hart posing and McMahon shouting that Vader won't be able to bully Hart come In Your House "Pride And Violence".

Vader lost overness from this segment.

Bret Hart lost overness from this segment.

Overall Rating- 80

TV Rating- 7.64

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.04

Attendance- 6,539

Ticket Sales- $261,560

"Al Snow and Savio Vega didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"- Pat Patterson

"How about booking me against Bret Hart? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like."- Goldust

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

In other news

SWF has signed The Sandman, Sabu, Mikey Whipwreck, Goldberg, D-Von Dudley, Smash, Rhino Richards, Abdullah the Butcher, David Flair, Terry Gordy, Sho Funaki, Mustafa, Terry Funk, Taz , Dutch Mantell, Balls Mahoney, Tank Abbott, Blue Nova, Perry Saturn, John Kronus, Steve Corino, Steve Bradley, Francine, Buh Buh Ray Dudley, Kurrgan, Bill Alfonso, Bryan Clark, Dr. X , Joel Gertner, Beulah McGuillicutty, Brother Love, Samu

Nicholas Stanley has taken over control of SWF!

Guest Prototype

Good show! Interested to see if Sid joins the Corporation, but I doubt it. I liked the tag match. I wonder if Razor and Taker will have a feud from it? Also Hart and Vader could be a new feud that is successful.

Just curious- Why do you continue to run videos for Warrior if he keeps losing overness from them?

Good show! Interested to see if Sid joins the Corporation, but I doubt it. I liked the tag match. I wonder if Razor and Taker will have a feud from it? Also Hart and Vader could be a new feud that is successful.

Just curious- Why do you continue to run videos for Warrior if he keeps losing overness from them?

user posted image

Date: April 5, 1996

Tonight Friday Night Mayhem comes to you from Saint Paul, Minnesota. And tonight we're going to see big six men tag team match upfor the main event. Vader, Owen Hart and British Bulldog of Camp Cornette take on Jim Neidhart and the Smoking Gunns. Who will win this big match up?

Tonight we're also going to hear from Bret "The Hitman" Hart. What does Bret Hart have to say about his match with Vader at In Your House "Pride And Violence"?

Steve Austin is also scheduled for Friday Night Mayhem and rumors are that Steve Austin is extra cocky since pinning "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon this past Monday night on Monday Night Raw. What will Steve Austin have to say?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Al Snow Vs. Hakushi

Bob Holly Vs. Chris Candido

Goldust Vs. Shawn Stasiak

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Jake Roberts

Vader, Owen Hart and British Bulldog take on the Smoking Gunns and Jim Neidhart in the main event!

Plus we'll hear from Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Masked Americans and much more!

user posted image

Date: April 5, 1996

Attendance: 9,019

Ticket Sales: $360,760

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Vader, Owen Hart and British Bulldog taking on the Smoking Gunns and Jim Neidhart.

Al Snow with Ted DiBiase Vs. Hakushi

Great way to start the night off here with some great wrestling between two men who are some of the most talented workers in the world right now. Snow and Hakushi started off trying to out wrestle the other man and Snow ended up getting dumped out to the floor by Hakushi who then followed with a beautiful moonsault from the top turnbuckle all the way to the outside on Al Snow! They went back inside the ring where Hakushi got a couple close near falls on Snow but Snow soon turned the tide his way by delivering a huge sit out powerbomb to the Japanese star. Snow pounded away on Hakushi and worked over Hakushi with several deadly submission holds but nothing Snow did could put away Hakushi. Snow even used a couple high risks moves but Hakushi kept kicking out. Hakushi fought back and made a big come back on Al Snow nailing Snow with some great maneuvers including a huge leg drop from the top turnbuckle for a close near fall. Hakushi headed up top calling for the end. Snow though got up to his feet and shook the ropes crotching Hakushi on the top turnbuckle. Snow went up top with Hakushi and connected with a huge superplex! Snow quickly locked Hakushi into the Million Dollar Dream and Hakushi tapped out! Afterwards the referee had to count to five before Snow let go of the hold. Snow picked Hakushi up and tossed Hakushi out to the floor!

79, 67, 92 ***3/4

Hakushi lost overness from this match.

Al Snow gained overness from this match.

The World's Most Dangerous Man

Ted DiBiase came into the ring with a microphone as the fans booed Al Snow and Ted DiBiase chanting "Al Snow sucks".

Ted DiBiase- What you just saw right there was Al Snow dominate another wrestler! Al Snow is the most dangerous man in the world! Al Snow had been out for almost two months and now he's returned with a vengeance! Al Snow is back and everyone is on his hit list! He's taking everyone out until he gets to the top of the World Wrestling Federation! Al Snow is going to take everyone out and show what a real wrestler he does. The time for playing is over. Al Snow will destroy everyone who gets in his way! Al Snow is the world's most dangerous man! Ha ha ha!

Ted DiBiase tosses the microphone down as Al Snow's music plays. Al Snow poses as we go to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Masked American Madness Continues

Friday Night Mayhem comes back on the air with another video from Masked Americans. This time we see the men again parading on the "streets" this time with "fans" following them with miniature American flags. Steve Lombardi waves a big American flag while Tom Prichard shouts "USA" through a megaphone.

Tom Prichard- USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! We're all Americans here!

The "fans" let out a huge "USA" chant.

Steve Lombardi- And this is what America is all about! This is the greatest nation in the entire world!

The "fans" follow up with another "USA" chant.

Tom Prichard- But some people don't have American pride in them!

The crowd boos.........

Steve Lombardi- That's why we're coming to the World Wrestling Federation to show everyone what America is all about!

The crowd cheers again chanting "USA"....................

Tom Prichard- The WWF needs some real Americans and that's why the Masked Americans are coming to the WWF. We're going to teach everyone what the American pride and spirit is all about!

Steve Lombardi- America is the greatest country in the world and soon everyone will find out why! Kids we're coming real soon!

The video fades as the Masked Americans continue walking down the "street" with the "fans" waving the American flag around.

Steve Lombardi gained overness from this segment.

Bob Holly Vs. Chris Candido

Bob Holly and Chris Candido had a pretty decent match up here but the crowd wasn't into it except for a few moments and Mr. Perfect and Dok Hendrix spent most of the match talking about tonight's main event and the special interview with Bret "The Hitman" Hart later on. Holly started off dominating the smaller Candido but Candido soon turned the tide with a couple illegal tactics. Candido worked over Bob Holly's back and got a couple close near falls on Holly but he could not put away the race car driver. Holly made a big come back after Candido missed his Diving Headbutt from the top. Holly nailed Candido with right hands and connected with clotheslines and a big drop kick. Holly finished Candido off with the Race Car Slam for the 1,2,3. Afterwards Bob Holly celebrated his win with Chris Candido throwing a fit. Friday Night Mayhem went to a commercial break with Bob Holly heading to the back victorious.

72, 69, 75 **

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Vader and James E. Cornette

We return from the commercial break with Vader's music hitting the arena to massive heat from the crowd. James E. Cornette leads the monster Vader down to the ring as the announcers hype the big match between Vader and Bret Hart at In Your House "Pride And Violence". Cornette asks for a microphone as Vader looks on looking as mean as ever.

James E. Cornette- Now then first of all, All you morons need to shut your mouthes and listen to what I have to say. Listen to what James E. Cornette has to say! Last Monday night that coward Bret Hart came out here and talked about continuing his legacy in the World Wrestling Federation. Well Bret Hart your legacy is coming to an end. It's coming to an end very soon at the hands of this man right here. The four hundred fifty eight pound Vader. This man is a monster. He's an animal and he will destroy you! Vader is going to make a name for himself by beating you Hitman! He's already taken out Yokozuna and now it's time for him to take you out! Bret Hart you have done all that there is to do here in the World Wrestling Federation but now it's time for Vader to end it all. This man right here is going to run over you and make his name set in stone. Bret Hart come April 21st at In Your House "Pride And Violence" you're going to be looking at the eyes of this monster and there will be nowhere to run for you Bret Hart. Vader is going to run over you and prove to everyone that it is indeed Vader Time! Bret Hart you have been in many tough battles before but now it's the ultimate battle. Bret Hart Vader ain't coming to play. He's coming to make an impact and he will!

Vader- Bret Hart you're going to find out come April 21st that it's Vader time!

Vader's music plays as he and James E. Cornette pose. Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with the announcers hyping tonight's six men tag team main event and the big Vader versus Bret Hart match on Pay Per View.

Vader lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Goldust with Marlena Vs. Shawn Stasiak

The rookie Shawn Stasiak didn't know what to make of the bizarre Goldust as Goldust started the match off by just staring down the young rookie. This all proved to be apart of Goldust's mind games as he quickly jumped Stasiak. Goldust continued his aggressive side as he pounded Shawn Stasiak in the corner with the referee practically having to pull Goldust off of Stasiak. Goldust continued his mean streak by tossing Stasiak out to the floor and then introducing Stasiak to the steel steps and the sending Stasiak face first to the steel ring post! Marlena even got involved into the match by blowing her cigar into the eyes of Stasiak! Goldust came close to pinning Stasiak a few times but Stasiak was determined to give it his all and fought back nailing Goldust with everything he had. Stasiak hit Goldust with a couple clotheslines and put the former Intercontinental Champion down with a big drop kick. Stasiak connected with a back suplex to Goldust and called for the Stasiak Complex. Stasiak lifted Goldust up and positioned Goldust for the Stasiak Complex but Goldust got out of it and took Stasiak down with the Curtain Call scoring the 1,2,3. Afterwards Goldust and Marlena kissed as Stasiak laid flat on his back out cold from the Curtain Call.

72, 72, 73 **

Smoking Gunns want their title shot!

We're taken to the interview area backstage where Kevin Kelly is standing by with the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions British Bulldog and Owen Hart.

Kevin Kelly- Well I'm standing by with the current WWF Tag Team Champions Owen Hart and British Bulldog. And guys last Monday night was not a good night for you guys. You two fought the Smoking Gunns in a non title match and when it was all said and over with the Smoking Gunns came out the winners.

Owen Hart- Kevin Kelly the only reason they beat us is because they're dirty rotten cheaters! Smoking Gunns are not capable of beating us in a straight up match! They had to resort to their cheating ways and everyone knows it! Bulldog and myself are the champions for a reason and that reason is because we beat Smoking Gunns for the titles. Billy and Bart should not be in the ring with us and tonight in this six men tag match! They're cheaters and someone has got to stop them!

British Bulldog- The Smoking Gunns are not deserving to get inside the ring with us. We're the champs and they got lucky! Tonight if Owen and I have our way we're going to make sure Billy and Bart are never heard from again!

Kevin Kelly- Well guys they did beat you on Monday Night Raw and that makes them the number one contenders for your titles.

Owen Hart- They're not the number one contenders! They cheated! They deserve to be fired or suspended from the World Wrestling Federation!

Just then the Smoking Gunns show up on the scene

Billy Gunn- What a minute! We beat you two last Monday night and we sure as hell are the number one contenders!

Bart Gunn- Yeah! We beat you two in a non title match and now we want our title shots!

Owen Hart- No way! We're not going to get in the ring with you two animals!

British Bulldog- If you two want the titles so badly go out and buy those little kid titles! You're getting these belts off of our waists!

Billy Gunn- Damn right we're getting our title shot! You know Owen I thought you were a wrestler and athlete. Your brother Bret would have never turned down a challenge!

Owen Hart- Shut up about Bret! You know what? If you guys want a title shot so badly you got one! Just name the place!

Bart Gunn- In Your House "Pride And Violence" April 21st!

Owen Hart- You got it!

British Bulldog- What? Owen no!

Billy Gunn- Good come April 21st we're going to walk out as the new WWF Tag Team Champions! We'll see you two later tonight!

The Smoking Gunns walk off as Bulldog looks on a bit angry at Owen Hart. Owen Hart says he'll handle it as Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break.

Owen Hart lost overness from this segment.

British Bulldog lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Jake Roberts

Jake Roberts attacked Helmsley from behind here to a big pop from the crowd. The announcers were talking about how Helmsley is set to face Marc Mero at In Your House "Pride And Violence" in a rematch from their Wrestlemania XII match. Jake had the upper hand for a few minutes until he and the blue blood snob Helmsley went out to the outside and brawled. Helmsley ended up delivering a suplex to Jake right on the floor! They went back in the ring where the aristocrat Helmsley worked over Jake's bad back and locked Jake into a abdominal stretch even taking a shortcut by using the ropes for leverage! Helmsley continued working over Jake's back but the veteran wouldn't stay down and kept fighting back. Jake nailed Helmsley with right hands and a big clothesline. Jake was able to get a few near falls on Helmsley but nothing Jake did could put away Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Jake took Helmsley down with a atomic drop and called for the DDT. Jake lifted Helmsley up and set Helmsley up for the DDT but Helmsley shoved Jake into the ropes and caught Jake coming off the ropes with a high knee to the face. Helmsley then dragged Jake up to his feet and planted Jake with a boot to the gut and then drilled Jake with the Pedigree! Helmsley covered Roberts picking up the win. Afterwards Helmsley was celebrating his win until Marc Mero came running down from the back! Helmsley quickly fled the ring and left through the crowd! Mero soon followed as Friday Night Mayhem went to a commercial break with Mero chasing Helmsley out through the crowd.

76, 79, 72 **

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Steve Austin low blows Razor Ramon and drills him with Stone Cold Stunner to pick up the win over the Intercontinental Champion!

Steve Austin lays down the challenge

Steve Austin's music hits the arena to boos from the crowd as the member of The Corporation makes his way down to the ring with his manager Ted DiBiase. Both men get inside the ring and Ted DiBiase calls for a microphone with the fans booing Steve Austin quite loudly.

Ted DiBiase- Last Monday night we saw this man right here Steve Austin pick up the win over the current Intercontinental Champion your beloved Razor Ramon. Steve Austin pinned Razor Ramon in the center of the ring one, two, three. And with that Steve Austin would like to lay out a challenge for Razor Ramon.

Steve Austin- Razor Ramon last Monday night it was you and I in the ring boy and when it was all said and done it was "Stone Cold" Steve Austin pinning you in the center of the ring. Razor Ramon my win proves that I am better than you. Razor Ramon I want a title shot. I proved that I could beat you and the least you could do is put the gold on the line against me! So if you're a man a real man you'll accept my challenge and get into the ring with the man who will be the next World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Champion!

Ted DiBiase- Razor Ramon we know you're here tonight! And we're not leaving this ring until you accept Steve Austin's challenge!

DiBiase and Austin stand in the ring when Razor Ramon's music hits to a huge ovation from the fans. Razor Ramon stands on top of the entry way with the Intercontinental Championship around his waist and a microphone in his hand.

Razor Ramon- You know "The Bad Guy" was sitting in the back and heard you two chicas come out here and talk about how you're boy Stevey over there beat me last Monday night. Well he did pin me one, two, three but he had to resort to using a low blow to pin me. But hey if you want a shot at this title I have no problem giving you one. As your manager over there know, Razor Ramon will fight anyone! So Stevey boy since you want a shot so badly how about you go to Omaha, Nebraska for In Your House? We'll fight there for this title.

Steve Austin- You're darn right I accept your challenge! Razor Ramon that Intercontinental Championship will be going around the waist of Steve Austin very, very soon!

Razor Ramon- Chico the only thing that's going to happen at In Your House is me kicking your butt all over Omaha! Steve Austin you might have beaten me this past Monday night but at In Your House I'm going to whip your butt pal!

Razor's music hits as he and Austin stare each other, DiBiase holds Austin back as Ramon points to the Intercontinental Championship around his waist. Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect take us to the back where Bret Hart is standing by.

Interview with Bret Hart

Our cameras take us to the back where we see Bret "The Hitman" Hart standing by behind in the interview area.

Bret Hart- Vader earlier tonight I heard your comments. I heard you and James E. Cornette ramble on about how you're going to end my legacy at In Your House. Vader no one is going to end my legacy! People might think you have the advantage because you're bigger than me but you're nothing more than a bully! And I'm not afraid of bullies. I have beaten men bigger and badder than you Vader and come In Your House I'm going to out wrestle you and beat you one way or another. I'm not afraid to fight you either big man. In Your House is going to be my return match after Wrestlemania XII and there's no way I'm going to come out a loser Vader. You might have James E. Cornette in your corner but that won't make a different because when it's all said and done I will prove to you why I am the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be!

Bret Hart gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Vader, Owen Hart and British Bulldog with James E. Cornette Vs. Smoking Gunns and Jim Neidhart

The face team started off cleaning house with the Smoking Gunns taking Davey boy Smith and Owen out to the floor with a pair of clotheslines. It took all three men to face Vader out to the floor! Camp Cornette regrouped out on the floor and Bulldog went at it with Bart Gunn for a bit. Bart had the upper hand and the faces got quick tags in and out and worked over British Bulldog. Bulldog was able to turn things his way after the sneaky Owen Hart drilled the legal man Billy Gunn with a shot to the back of the head sending Billy right into a big clothesline from Bulldog. After that Camp Cornette isolated Billy. Owen worked over Billy's legs and back as Mr. Perfect brought up the fact that Owen was tricked into accepting the tag team title match for In Your House. Bulldog and Vader used their power advantage over Billy to keep the tough cowboy and former two time tag team champion down. Billy was finally able to make the hot tag to Jim Neidhart after nailing Owen with the Rocker Dropper! Billy tagged in Neidhart who came into the ring cleaning house even taking the man they call Vader down with a clothesline! The match became a pier six brawl near the end with Owen and Bulldog battling Smoking Gunns out on the outside. This left Vader and Neidhart going at it in the ring. Both men slugged each other down but Vader quickly took Neidhart down with a avalanche! Vader climbed the second turnbuckle and delivered the Vader Bomb to Neidhart! Vader covered and scored the 1,2,3! Smoking Gunns helped Neidhart to the back as Camp Cornette stayed in the ring and celebrated their victory. Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with Camp Cornette standing tall.

79, 80, 80 **3/4

Overall Rating- 77

TV Rating- 7.64

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.93

Attendance- 6,545

Ticket Sales- $261,800

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.30

Attendance- 461

Ticket Sales- $9,220

"Chris Candido and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Chris Chavis? I think our styles would really work well together."- Bob Holly

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Goldust

Good last couple of shows. I am liking the build ups for the next PPV, they are interesting as usual. I am also itnerested to see how these masked Americans are portrayed and whether or not they will come across as more of a joke than serious competitors.

Good last couple of shows. I am liking the build ups for the next PPV, they are interesting as usual. I am also itnerested to see how these masked Americans are portrayed and whether or not they will come across as more of a joke than serious competitors.
Edited by Baby Hewey