World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

Tough week, but things seem to be going well regardless. I don't like Warrior, but Martel is working pretty good, even for an older guy in the "New Generation". Anyways, keep it up!

Great show as usual Hewey. Can I ask a question though, feel free to decline but could you post the overness of your wrestlers. In particular, Rick Martel, I'm interested to see just how over he has become.

Cheers matey

Rick Martel is 80 over right now, He came out of USWA with like 73 or something, I'll probably post the overness of the wrestlers when I get to January 97 and post the roster over again :D

I would do it for every monthly news report but that'd just be a pain in the ass.

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Date: June 28, 1996

Attendance: 10,002

Ticket Sales: $400,080

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Shawn Michaels defending the World Wrestling Federation Championship against Jeff Jarrett in a Cage match!

Camp Cornette interview

Camp Cornette come down to the ring to start off the night. The crowd boos as James E. Cornette leads Vader, British Bulldog and the WWF Intercontinental Champion, Owen Hart down to the ring. Cornette is handed a microphone while Hendrix and Perfect hype the big six men tag match at In Your House "Canadian Invasion".

James E. Cornette- All you people need to shut up! Shut up and listen to what we have to say! Now then, At In Your House "Canadian Invasion" it'll be Owen Hart, British Bulldog and Vader facing Shawn Michaels and any two men he wants as a mystery partner. We don't care who he picks. Shawn Michaels you can pick any two men you want. We don't care! Just show up on the 21st! Show up and face Vader before the big match at SummerSlam. And your two partners will also have to feel the wrath of Camp Cornette! SummerSlam will be the night where Vader beats you for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. And In Your House will be the night where he shows you a preview of SummerSlam! Are you man enough to accept the challenge Shawn Michaels? Or are you just yellow like your while entire Kliq? The WWF Championship will leave your waist very soon Shawn Michaels! It's time for Camp Cornette to get the WWF Championship where it belongs! It's been around your waist for too long Michaels! It's time that belt goes around the waist of the man they call Vader! But last Monday night was a bad night for Camp Cornette. The Ultimate Warrior cheated Bulldog out of a win! Warrior this thing between you and Bulldog isn't over! Not by a long shot! I hope you're one of Shawn Michaels' partner for In Your House. Because there's nothing better than taking both you and Shawn Michaels out!

Owen Hart- I know that when I go back to Canada every fan will cheer for me! I know all my Canadian fans will boo guys like Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior and cheer for me. I know that the Canadian fans are alot smarter than you morons in America. I know every Canadian fan would love to see the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time drill Shawn Michaels in the back of the head with the enziguri kick. I know that my fans in Canada would love to see me beat Warrior down as well. On July 21st Camp Cornette is going to dominate three men. Doesn't matter who it is. Shawn Michaels if you're man enough you'll accept the challenge we're laying down! And Warrior, Last Monday night I couldn't get my shots in on you. But don't worry, I'll beat you down after Bulldog is done with you!

British Bulldog- Warrior it's real simple, You and I are going to fight one more time. And when it happens I will be standing over your body! You're not better than me and everyone of these people know it! Everyone knows that the British Bulldog is tougher than you Warrior! You got lucky on Monday night! If you're tough enough you'll join Shawn Michaels' team at In Your House! Lets get it on one more time! Unless you're scared of getting in the ring with me one more time that is. Either way I will get my payback on you. You're nothing to Camp Cornette! You got lucky on Monday Night Raw but it won't be happening again!

James E. Cornette- And Shawn Michaels we'll be watching your match later on, We hope that you do beat Jarrett because there's nothing more Vader would like than to beat you at In Your House and then SummerSlam for the title. The World Wrestling Federation will enter the Vader era very soon. It'll start at SummerSlam! And then everyone will know that HBK time is over and that it's

Vader- Vader time!

James E. Cornette- Don't be a coward Michaels, Accept our challenge!

Camp Cornette's music plays as they head to the back. Hendrix and Perfect wonder if Shawn Michaels will accept Camp Cornette's challenge for In Your House.

Owen Hart gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Bob Holly

We return from the commercial break and we see Todd Pettengill standing by with Bob Holly.

Todd Pettengill- I'm standing by with Bob Holly. And Bob Holly tonight is a huge night in your WWF career. You take on former tag team partner Sean Waltman for the vacant Million Dollar Championship. Ted DiBiase has brought back the title and tonight it's a chance for you to win some gold. You've held the WWF Tag Team Championship with Sean Waltman before and you came close to winning the Intercontinental Championship. Tonight will you be the new Million Dollar Champion?

Bob Holly- Todd Pettengill I believe it's fate that made me the number one contender tonight. Tonight I will ruin Ted DiBiase's plan by winning the coveted Million Dollar Championship. It's time for everyone to know what Bob Holly is all about!

Todd Pettengill- You'll be in there with a former tag team partner, What is it going to be like with Sean Waltman in the ring against you?

Bob Holly- I wish Sean hadn't sold out to The Corporation and Ted DiBiase but you can't always have your way. Tonight I'm going to out there and whip some butt. Doesn't matter if it's Sean Waltman or whoever. I'm going out there to win the Million Dollar Championship. Bob Holly is all business tonight!

Todd Pettengill- Fans lets take you to the ring for this huge match up for the Million Dollar Championship!

Million Dollar Championship

Sean Waltman with Ted DiBiase Vs. Bob Holly

The winner of this will get the vacant Million Dollar Championship. Ted DiBiase has brought it back for some reason which the announcers don't explain. They do say that Holly won a draw in the locker room to see who'd get to face Sean Waltman tonight. The last man to hold this title was Virgil. So yeah the man who wins this title gets a belt that Virgil had. Dok and Perfect mention that Crush has been put out of action due to "injuries". Holly jumped his former tag partner to get things started. Holly threw Waltman around the ring and hit Waltman with several right hands and clotheslines. Holly threw Waltman out to the floor and send Waltman to the steel steps! Holly rolled Waltman back into the ring got nailed by a spinning back heel kick right to the face! Waltman controlled Holly for the rest of the match using his educated feet to his former tag team partner. Waltman rode Holly down in the corner with a bronco buster and decided to go up top. Waltman went for a long distance swanton bomb, But Holly moved out of the way and Waltman hit the canvas! Holly made the comeback and hit Waltman with several right hands. Holly back dropped Waltman high in the air and scored with a big drop kick but Waltman kicked out! Holly went for the Race Car Slam but Waltman countered into a pinning predicament using the tights to get the win! Afterwards, DiBiase grabbed the Million Dollar Championship and presented Sean Waltman with it!

81, 79, 84 ***1\4

The Million Dollar title has gained in image.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Al Snow and Steve Austin with Ted DiBiase Vs. Masked Americans

This is the second match for members of The Corporation. Austin and Snow now seems like the team the WWF wants to push from The Corporation since Waltman is getting some sort of a push by winning the Million Dollar Championship. The Masked Americans got a few "USA" chants but the crowd seems to care less about these two fools dressed up in masks. This one was a short match with Austin and Snow dominating most of it. They isolated Steve Lombardi early on and beat him down like a poor man gets beat down by Ted DiBiase so to speak. Prichard ended up getting the "hot" tag and came into the ring. Prichard cleaned house for a bit but Al Snow was soon able to lock him into the Million Dollar Dream! Prichard quickly tapped out! Afterwards, Austin hit the Stone Cold Stunner to Lombardi! Snow tossed Prichard out to the floor and Austin tossed Lombardi to the outside! Ted DiBiase came into the ring with a big smile on his face.

81, 76, 87 ***1\2

Snow and Austin lay down the challenge for Monday Night Raw!

Snow, Austin and DiBiase stayed in the ring and DiBiase called for a microphone. Hendrix and Perfect wondered what DiBiase had to say.

Ted DiBiase- Now this is the team of the WWF. This is the real tag team that The Corporation has to offer. No one works better together than Steve Austin and Al Snow. And I have confidence in my men. I know that they will go right to the top of the World Wrestling Federation. I know these men aren't scared of anyone. They just beat your heroes in minutes. These two men are the future of tag team wrestling. So that's why we want a shot at the Smoking Gunns! This Monday night! We want the titles on the line! Sean Waltman is busy being the Million Dollar Champion so it looks like these men are going to be the members of The Corporation who win tag team gold!

Al Snow- Steve I am glad you picked me as your tag team partner, Look at how far I went in the King Of The Ring. You need a partner who's vicious. A man who will put anyone down. Sean Waltman was the perfect partner for you but now he's busy with the Million Dollar Championship. So now it's us. And I have confidence in us. I know we'll be ready for the Smoking Gunns this Monday night if they accept our challenge.

Steve Austin- I'm glad I got a new partner, I know Sean Waltman and myself would have won the titles sooner or later. But now it's you and I Al. And we ain't losing to nobody. We're the next big thing in tag team wrestling! No one is going to be able to stop Steve Austin and Al Snow. And we want the titles around our waists!

Ted DiBiase- So Bart and Billy do you two accept? Or are you too scared of facing my men again?

DiBiase doesn't need to wait too long, The Smoking Gunns' music plays to a good pop from the crowd as the tag team champions stands on top of the entry way with the titles around their waist.

Ted DiBiase- What will it be boys? Are you men enough to put those titles against Snow and Austin?

Bart Gunn- We accept! We've beaten Waltman and Austin, Waltman and Snow and we'll beat Snow and Austin! We don't care who you throw at us. There's no way you losers in The Corporation will get the WWF Tag Team Championship off of our waists! On Monday Night Raw we'll put the titles on the line against Al Snow and Steve Austin!

Billy Gunn- You darn right we accept you no good punk! But we want a special stipulation for the match. And that is, When we beat Austin and Snow then no members of The Corporation can get another shot against us. Whether it's Waltman and Austin or Waltman and Snow or whoever! We don't defend the titles against any members of The Corporation! Do we have a deal?

Ted DiBiase- Fine we accept! We only need one shot to become the champions anyway! This Monday night get ready to lose the titles to Snow and Austin!

Billy Gunn- It ain't going to happen DiBiase! After we beat your two girls, No member of your precious Corporation will get another title shot against us!

Bart Gunn- This will be the last time we ever face your Corporation members while we're the Tag Team Champions!

Ted DiBiase- We'll see about that! This Monday night everyone of these fans will see the titles going to the waists of Al Snow and Steve Austin!

The Corporation's music plays to boos from the fans as Ted DiBiase, Al Snow and Austin stare down the Smoking Gunns! This Monday night it'll be all or nothing for Austin and Snow!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Marc Mero with Sable Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

These two men have had one hell of a rivalry since Mero debuted in the WWF. They were former tag partners as well. Helmsley came down with the crown on his head, The scepter on his hand and the cape around him. "King" Helmsley will be facing the World Wrestling Federation Champion on Monday Night Raw for the title. He earned the opportunity by winning the King Of The Ring. Helmsley and Mero had another good match between them. Helmsley controlled the match after hitting Mero with a big time DDT. Helmsley worked over Mero's legs as Sable watched from ringside looking concerned for her husband. Helmsley ended up locking Mero into a figure four! Mero's leg had already been hurt from his match with Owen Hart at King Of The Ring so it took alot out of Mero. Mero was able to turn the hold around and put the pressure to Helmsley! Both men rolled to the ropes and Mero made the comeback. Mero hit Helmsley with a couple right hands and back dropped the King Of The Ring. Mero came off the top with a moonsault to Helmsley but Helmsley kicked out! Mero took Helmsley down with a samoan drop and headed up top, Mero went for the Wild Thing but Helmsley moved out of the way and Mero hit the canvas! Helmsley quickly applied the Pedigree to Mero and covered scoring the win! "King" Helmsley then celebrated his win with the announcers hyping his title shot this Monday night.

87, 88, 85 ***1\2

The second man on Shawn Michaels' team

We cut to the back where we see Ultimate Warrior standing by.

Ultimate Warrior- Bulldog you want a rematch? Fine you'll get a rematch anytime you want. And as far as Canadian Invasion is concerned, I accept! I'll be on Shawn Michaels' team for the six men tag team match up. Because what better way than to get rid of Camp Cornette then getting in the ring with all three of you? I know Michaels and myself aren't friends but we do have a common goal and that is to take out Camp Cornette. My goal is set. I will not stop until I reach that goal. It's time for Camp Cornette to lose control. It's time for James E. Cornette and his goons to know what it's like to step into the ring with me and my Warriors. Shawn Michaels you and I will be side by side on July 21st, And we will take out Camp Cornette! Evil and Camp Cornette do not belong in the World Wrestling Federation!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cactus Jack and Ron Simmons Vs. Ahmed Johnson and Undertaker with Paul Bearer

Jack and Undertaker went right after each other to start things off! Johnson and Simmons then went after each other as well! All four men ended up on the outside in a wild brawl! Undertaker and Jack beat the hell out of each other! Jack used a steel chair on Undertaker! Jack went to hit Undertaker with the chair again but Undertaker threw the steel steps right into Jack's face! Johnson and Simmons went into the ring as the legal men. Simmons took Johnson out with a huge spinebuster! Simmons and Jack isolated Johnson and beat down Johnson through out the match. Jack gave Johnson a vicious beating and even went after Undertaker making the referee hold those two apart! Johnson was finally able to tag in Undertaker after taking out Jack with a stiff clothesline. Undertaker came into the ring and ran right over Simmons to get to Jack! Undertaker beat Jack down in the corner with huge right hands to the face! Simmons and Johnson got into a brawl on the outside leaving Undertaker and Jack in the ring. The referee got distracted by the Simmons/Johnson brawl which allowed Jack to take the urn from Bearer and clock Undertaker over the head with it to pick up the win! Afterwards, Jack and Undertaker went right back at it and fought through the crowd while Johnson and Simmons fought all the way to the back!

83, 85, 80 ***

Interview with Jeff Jarrett and Rick Rude

We're taken to the interview area where we see Kevin Kelly standing by with Jeff Jarrett and his manager "Ravishing" Rick Rude.

Kevin Kelly- Jeff Jarrett tonight you'll challenge Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship in a rematch from the King Of The Ring but Rick Rude why are you here tonight? Commissioner Flair said that you're not allowed to be at ringside for this match.

Rick Rude- Shut up Kevin Kelly! I'm here to watch. I'm not going to be at ringside but I can still watch Double J beat down Shawn Michaels can't I?

Kevin Kelly- I guess so, Jeff Jarrett tonight it'll be you and Shawn Michaels in a Cage match. The only way to win is by escaping the cage. Will you be able to climb out of the Cage or escape through the door to become the new World Wrestling Federation Champion?

Rick Rude- Of course he'll do it! Jeff Jarrett doesn't need my help tonight! He's got the match in the bag! Tonight I can feel it! Tonight Jeff Jarrett will walk out of this arena as the new World Wrestling Federation Champion! He'll escape the cage and win the title. Shawn Michaels has no idea what it'll be like to be trapped in the ring with Jeff Jarrett. I know Michaels' Kliq likes to think that he's unbeatable but he's not. Tonight Jeff Jarrett will make history! Jeff Jarrett will be the new World Wrestling Federation Champion when this night is over!

Jeff Jarrett- Shawn Michaels you think that just because it's a Cage match that you'll have the advantage? You're wrong buddy boy! I have never been in a Cage match before but I seen enough of them to know how to win. I'm going to injure your legs and then you won't be able to climb out! It's just that simple! How can you beat me when your legs are injured? I should have won the title at King Of The Ring, But that's okay. I don't mind winning tonight. And I hope Bret Hart is watching this one, I hope "The Hitman" sees what happens to the "Heart Break Kid" tonight. And I hope Bret Hart watches me posing with the title when the night is over. Tonight will be the night of Jeff Jarrett! I can feel it. I can taste it. Tonight I will walk out with the World Wrestling Federation Championship around my waist.

Kevin Kelly- Fans don't go away because up next we'll hear from Shawn Michaels!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Shawn Michaels

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break and we're taken to the interview area where we see Todd Pettengill standing by with Shawn Michaels.

Todd Pettengill- Shawn Michaels it seems like everyone is going after you and the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Tonight it'll be you and Jeff Jarrett in a Cage match. Then the winner faces Hunter Hearst Helmsley on Monday Night Raw. And then you also got Vader at SummerSlam and Bret Hart is back! And Bret wants his rematch from Wrestlemania XII as well! Shawn Michaels you got all these men going after you and the World Wrestling Federation Championship. But lets talk about the next Pay Per View. It'll be you and Ultimate Warrior and whoever else you pick as a partner to face Camp Cornette! Your thoughts?

Shawn Michaels- I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to being in the same ring with Vader before SummerSlam. I'm looking forward to getting in the ring with Davey Boy Smith and Owen Hart once again. And I'm most definitely looking forward to teaming up with the Ultimate Warrior! Cornette asked me if I accepted? I do! Warrior wants to be my partner? I like it! I know the Warrior is another man who hates James E. Cornette and his goons as much as HBK and the Kliq!

Todd Pettengill- Well that leaves one partner remaining for you and Warrior, Anyone you want to join your team?

Shawn Michaels- I'll have to ask Warrior on who he thinks would make a good partner for us. But I don't really care as long as he can pull his own weight for the team out there. Either way I'm just looking forward to Canadian Invasion. I know that Canada loves the "Heart Break Kid"!

Todd Pettengill- Bret Hart returned this past Monday night and laid down the challenge for you, Hunter Hearst Helmsley is facing the champion on Monday Night Raw. Your thoughts?

Shawn Michaels- Well of course Bret laid down the challenge, He can't stand the fact that I'm the World Wrestling Federation Champion. He can't stand the fact that HBK beat him at Wrestlemania XII one, two, three to become the man. Bret it's simple. You want a shot? You can have one anytime anywhere! I'm not afraid of you and neither is the Kliq. The result will be me once again hitting you with Sweet Chin Music but this time I'll be retaining the title against you. And as far as "King" Helmsley is concerned. I think Hunter Hearst Helmsley is an amazing wrestler. One of the best in the World Wrestling Federation. But Helmsley better remember that last time we stepped in that ring, I won with some Sweet Chin Music. This Monday night I'll be ready for our "King".

Todd Pettengill- Tonight is going to be a tough night for you though, It's you and Jeff Jarrett in a Cage match. You been in plenty of Cage matches and you know what they're all about. Will you be able to beat Jeff Jarrett tonight in this Cage match to retain the title?

Shawn Michaels- I'll have no problem beating Double J tonight, I've beaten him last Sunday night and I'll do it tonight. I been in plenty of Cage matches and I do know what it takes to win one. Jeff Jarrett tonight get ready to be in the ring with me in the Cage match. Get ready to get tossed up and down each and every side of that Cage! There's no way HBK is losing the title tonight. I promise the world that something big is going to happen in the Cage match tonight!

Todd Pettengill- Fans will Shawn Michaels be able to beat Jeff Jarrett? Or will we have a new champion? Find out when Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Yokozuna beats Mabel with the Bonzai Drop! (Monday Night Raw 6/24/96)

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Cage Match

Shawn Michaels© Vs. Jeff Jarrett

What a excellent main event this one was. The steel cage isn't the crappy blue bars one anymore, It's now the mesh kind that WCW uses. I guess WWF got the hint that the blue bars sucked ass. Both men took a hell of beating in this Cage match. Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Camp Cornette, Rick Rude and Ultimate Warrior were all shown watching from their locker rooms in the back. Michaels started off kicking Jarrett's ass until Jarrett was able to chop block Michaels' knee. Jarrett worked over Michaels' knee and rammed it into the steel cage several times! Both men tried to escape the Cage many times but they'd always be stopped. Jarrett ended up locking Michaels into the Figure Four late in the match. Jarrett kept the hold locked on Michaels for awhile until he broke it. Jarrett went to leave through the door but Michaels nailed Jarrett with a low blow and slammed the door on Jarrett's head! Michaels hit Jarrett with the forearm and nipped up. Michaels made the big comeback and hit Jarrett with everything the "Heart Break Kid" had. Michaels ended up slamming Jarrett down and coming off the top with the flying elbow drop to Jarrett's heart! Michaels went to the corner and tuned up the band! Jarrett got up and Michaels hit him with Sweet Chin Music! Michaels climbed the cage but instead of leaving, Michaels came flying off the top of the cage with a huge elbow drop to Jarrett! Both men laid on the canvas with the crowd chanting "HBK". After about a minute, Both men moved. Michaels went for the door while Jarrett tried to climb out. In the end it was Michaels exiting the door just a second before Jarrett made it out the cage! Michaels took his title and headed to the back with it after a hard fought battle. Jarrett couldn't believe he lost! Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with Michaels posing on top of the stage with the World Wrestling Federation Championship.

93, 95, 90 ****

Overall Rating- 84

TV Rating- 7.44

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.94

Attendance- 7,520

Ticket Sales- $300,800

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.34

Attendance- 512

Ticket Sales- $10,240

Notes

"I'd like to work with Steve Austin if possible."- Bret Hart

user posted image

Date: June 30, 1996

Attendance: 10,047

Ticket Sales: $401,880

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Rick Martel facing Marty Jannetty!

Alex Porteau Vs. Chris Candido

This is Candido's last match with the World Wrestling Federation. As he asked to be released of his contract shortly after the tapings. Usual Candido match with him tripping and looking like a jackass in general. Porteau wins with a release german suplex. Afterwards, Candido tried to bully referee Jack Doan but Doan threw Candido out to the floor and chased Candido to the back! Porteau then posed to some cheers. Cole and Kelly hyped him as the best natural Canadian athlete in all of wrestling.

62, 56, 68 *

Chris Candido lost overness from this match.

Alex Porteau gained overness from this match.

Hardy Boyz video

*Same video shown from a few weeks ago*

Another video is shown hyping the debut of the Hardy Boyz, This time we talked to friends of the Hardy Boyz who said Matt and Jeff always wanted to become WWF Superstars. They said that Matt and Jeff would wrestle each other as kids and practice moves on each other. Matt and Jeff said that they know their destiny is to become WWF Superstars. The Hardy Boyz say that no one is going to hold them back. They tell everyone that they have a bright future in the WWF and they're going to take the ball and score a touchdown with it so to speak. Matt and Jeff talk about how dreams come true and they're living proof of it.

Jeff Hardy gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bulldog wants Warrior in the ring again!

We're shown a short interview with British Bulldog and James E. Cornette, They hyped the six men tag match at In Your House and talked trash about Warrior. Bulldog said he was glad that Warrior was going to be one of Michaels' partner at In Your House. Bulldog promised that he would beat Ultimate Warrior and send him out of the World Wrestling Federation once and for all.

James E. Cornette gained overness from this segment.

Fatu Vs. Chris Chavis with Ted DiBiase

Fatu seems to be in for a small push, Too bad he only wrestlers on Superstars. Fatu again gave a kid in the crowd his hat. Pretty good match between these two men. Chavis seemed to be more motivated for some reason. Chavis had the upper hand most of the match until he went up top, Fatu threw him off the top turnbuckle and started running Chavis down with multiple clotheslines. Fatu scored with the Fatu Driver and that was enough to get the large Samoan the win. Fatu then got a kid out of the front row and posed with the kid.

77, 67, 87 ***1\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Vader video

We're shown a video over Vader's dominance ever since he came to the World Wrestling Federation. The video shows Vader's wins over Yokozuna, Bret Hart and Sycho Sid. It also shows Vader not only hitting the Powerbomb but several Vader Bombs to many different opponents. The video ends with the words "SummerSlam, Shawn Michaels is NEXT".

Vader lost overness from this segment.

D'lo Brown Vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler

The announcers talked about how big of a win this would be for young D'lo Brown if he was to beat Jerry "The King" Lawler on Superstars. Lawler got good heat here from the crowd. Lots of "Burger King" chants directed at Lawler. D'lo seems to be very over with the fans for one reason or another but it doesn't seem like the WWF is pushing the youngster anytime soon. Lawler had D'lo beat down for the first few minutes until Brown started making the comeback. Brown hit Lawler with several right hands and took Lawler out with the Sky High. Brown finished Lawler off with the Lo Down for the win. D'lo Brown then posed to cheers from the fans.

76, 79, 71 **

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Undertaker will get even!

We were taken backstage where Undertaker was standing by without manager Paul Bearer. Undertaker told Cactus Jack that he might have beaten him on Friday night but it took a urn to do it. Undertaker says he might have Albert at In Your House but after In Your House he wants Cactus Jack in a one on one match. Undertaker said it didn't matter when or where he got Jack. He would make Cactus Jack feel his wrath one more time. Undertaker also told Jack that soon he'd be resting in peace.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Michaels comes flying off the top of the cage with a huge elbow drop to Jarrett! (Friday Night Mayhem 6/28/96)

Rick Martel Vs. Marty Jannetty

Martel good a pretty big pop from the fans. Marty Jannetty now shakes his hips in attempt to get some heat. Well it works so I guess Jannetty's better off as a gayish heel or whatever the writers made him. Cole and Kelly talked about Martel's comeback to the ring and how close he came to winning the King Of The Ring last Sunday night. They said he wasn't on Monday Night Raw or Friday Night Mayhem due to "injuries". Well at least it's believable since he's forty years old. Both these men had a pretty good match up, Jannetty doesn't seem so stoned out of hid mind like he has been for the past several years. Jannetty came close to putting Martel away but in the end Martel locked Jannetty into the Québec Crab and Jannetty quickly gave up! Afterwards, Martel posed as Superstars went off the air with Cole and Kelly hyping the title match between Michaels and Helmsley tomorrow night!

77, 75, 80 **3/4

Overall Rating- 75

TV Rating- 2.96

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 2.97

Attendance- 7,548

Ticket Sales- $301,920

SWF Sunday

TV Rating- 2.23

Attendance- 420

Ticket Sales- $8,400

LATMF Hotter Than Hell

Attendance- 2,629

Ticket Sales- $78,870

Notes

"Our ratings battle with Worldwide is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

"I think i should be higher up the card."- D'lo Brown

"How about booking me against Bret Hart? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like."- Steve Austin

"D'Lo Brown would be a great opponent for me, how about putting us together in some matches?"- Hunter Hearst Helmsley

"Mabel would be a great opponent for me, how about putting us together in some matches?"- Ultimate Warrior

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We have superior star power on our roster, which is hurting their image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them."- Sophie

News

- Chris Candido has been let go of his contract due to recent unhappiness. The WWF did not speak about releasing Sunny. She'll most likely stay until her contract runs out. Candido has been very unhappy since March. Sunny isn't unhappy since she knew Candido wanted to leave. But there will no doubt be some problems in the Candido/Sunny relationship.

- ABWF were forced to cancel their last show.

OOC: The news report will be up later :D

Guest Prototype

Really good shows! The cage match was good on Mayhem. I like the build up to Canadian Invasion. Bret Hart has to be HBK and Warrior's partner I would think.

Wrestling News for July, 1996

Taking a look at the wrestling world

user posted image

World Wrestling Federation

Owner: Linda McMahon

Public Image: 100

Size: Global

Based In: America

Risk Level: 70

Production Values: 100

Merchandising: 100

Advertising: 100

Top 5 Faces

1. Ric Flair (98)

2. Shawn Michaels (98)

3. Bret Hart (96)

4. Sycho Sid (93)

5. Undertaker (92)

Top 5 Heels

1. Kevin Nash (99)

2. Cactus Jack (94)

3. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (90)

4. Vader (90)

5. Owen Hart (90)

user posted image

World Championship Wrestling

Owner: Ted Turner

Public Image: 56

Size: Global

Risk Level: 40

Production Values: 100

Top 5 Stars

1. Hulk Hogan (100)

2. Sting (100)

3. Randy Savage (97)

4. The Giant (91)

5. Lex Luger (90)

user posted image

Extreme Championship Wrestling

Owner: Paul Heyman

Public Image: 98

Size: Cult

Risk Level: 90

Production Values: 60

Top 5 Stars

1. The Sandman (73)

2. Sabu (70)

3. Goldberg (70)

4. Terry Funk (65)

5. Terry Gordy (65)

user posted image

Supreme Wrestling Federation

Owner: Nicholas Stanley

Public Image: 56

Size: Cult

Risk Level: 40

Production Values: 60

Top 5 Stars

1. The Sandman (73)

2. Brother Love (73)

3. Sabu (70)

4. Goldberg (70)

5. Terry Funk (65)

SWF have a new TV show on Tuesdays in the Graveyard slot!

user posted image

Amber Benson's Wrestling Federation

Owner: Nik Simpson

Public Image: 39

Size: Backyard

Risk Level: 30

Production Values: 5

Top 5 Stars

1. Elektra (20)

2. Julio Dinero (13)

3. Steve Armstrong (12)

4. J-Rocc (7)

5. Dirtbike Kid (4)

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Date: July 1, 1996

Tonight the WWF invades Iowa, City for a big night of action. Tonight on Monday Night Raw we will have a huge main event for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Shawn Michaels puts the title on the line against the 1996 King Of The Ring, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Helmsley has been the number one contender ever since winning the King Of The Ring. And Helmsley also has a huge advantage since Michaels was just involved in a brutal Cage match this past Friday night. What will happen during this main event? Can Helmsley go to the top and be crowned the new champion or will HBK retain the title?

Camp Cornette have told officials that they will not be at Monday Night Raw. But Ultimate Warrior will! What does Warrior have to say about the huge six men tag team match at In Your House "Canadian Invasion"?

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Rick Martel, Ahmed Johnson and Marc Mero Vs. Brian Christopher, "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak and Goldust in six men tag team action. Mero and Goldust will be on opposite sides at In Your House! Will Marlena and Sable get to go at it?

Steve Austin and Al Snow challenge the Smoking Gunns for the WWF Tag Team Championship, And if Austin and Snow do not win the titles then no members of The Corporation can go after the Smoking Gunns!

Albert meets Undertaker at In Your House, But tonight the young rookie faces a man he knows very well and that is Hakushi!

Undertaker gets ready for Albert by facing Marty Jannetty! Undertaker not only has Albert on his mind but the dangerous Cactus Jack as well!

And in tonight's main event. Shawn Michaels defends the WWF Championship against Hunter Hearst Helmsley!

All this and much more on Monday Night Raw!

user posted image

Date: July 1, 1996

Attendance: 10,009

Ticket Sales: $400,360

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Shawn Michaels defending the World Wrestling Federation Championship against Hunter Hearst Helmsley!

Rick Martel, Ahmed Johnson and Marc Mero Vs. Brian Christopher, "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak with Clarence Mason and Goldust

Marlena and Sable got into a cat fight early on and the referee send both ladies to the back. At In Your House "Canadian Invasion" it'll be Mero and Sable against Goldust and Marlena. McMahon claimed that the mixed tag match at In Your House would be something very special to see. Pretty good six men tag match as all six men brought it up here. Martel was able to keep up with the young guys in the ring. McMahon and Ross made sure to hype the fact that Martel almost won the King Of The Ring. Mero was isolated and took a beating. Goldust, Stasiak and Christopher beat down Mero and kept him from tagging in Martel or Johnson. Mero was finally able to make the tag after taking Christopher out with a DDT. Mero tagged in Martel who cleaned house! All six men got into the ring and Johnson went after the man who injured his eye, "The Narcissist" of course. The ending came with everyone out on the floor except for Martel and Christopher. Christopher slammed Martel down and headed up top. Christopher went for the Tennessee Jam but Martel moved out of the way and Christopher hit the canvas! Martel then locked Christopher into the Québec Crab and Christopher gave it up! Afterwards, Martel and his teammates celebrated their win.

71, 79, 80 **3/4

New Tag Team Champions?

We go to the back where Dok Hendrix is standing by with Al Snow, Steve Austin and their manager Ted DiBiase.

Dok Hendrix- Tonight it will be the team of Al Snow and Steve Austin going up against the Smoking Gunns. And guys if you don't win then no more title shots for any of you Corporation members. It's all or nothing tonight! Are you worried about losing?

Ted DiBiase- Are they worried? Are you a moron? They're not worried about a thing Hendrix! They're going to walk out of this town as the new tag team champions! You think they're worried about Bart and Billy Gunn? There is no way they're losing this match! Al Snow and Steve Austin have come too far to lose this match.

Dok Hendrix- You guys have been inside that ring with the Smoking Gunns and you have never fared too well against them. What's going to be different this time?

Ted DiBiase- What's going to be different? Austin and Snow are going to walk out as the champions for one! And secondly, Every time they've been in the ring with the Smoking Gunns they were always cheated out of the win! But tonight it's our last chance to win those titles. And you can bet that Al Snow and Steve Austin will be walking out with the titles. It's time for Al Snow and Steve Austin to prove to everyone why they are the best tag team in all of wrestling. The Smoking Gunns have held those titles for way too long! The Corporation wants those titles and we're going to get it tonight!

Al Snow- Tonight Steve Austin and myself have made our mission clear. We know that the Smoking Gunns think they're just going to run over us, But boys tonight you two have no chance against us. We're the best technical wrestlers in this company. We're the top tag team in the industry. We're taking those titles tonight. The Corporation wants the WWF Tag Team Championship and we always get what we want. The Corporation will not be known as a joke. The Corporation will be known as the group with all the gold!

Steve Austin- Al Snow and myself want those titles, We been dreaming about getting the titles for many weeks now. Smoking Gunns lets see how well you'll do when you're out there with the best tag team this industry has ever seen. You two have had a great run as the champions but it's time for it to end. It's time for everyone to see what The Corporation is all about. Steve Austin and Al Snow are going to give you two the worse beating you have ever gotten. And tonight we will walk out with the WWF Tag Team Championship around our waists.

Ted DiBiase- We got a big plan tonight! laughs

Dok Hendrix- Fans up next it's the big tag team title match up! Who's going to walk away with the gold?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Al Snow and Steve Austin with Ted DiBiase Vs. Smoking Gunns©

If Snow and Austin lose then The Corporation has to leave the Smoking Gunns alone. The Smoking Gunns had control of this one early on until Bart Gunn got nailed on the outside by Austin and sent into the steel steps! Austin and Snow isolated Bart Gunn and gave the older Smoking Gunn a hard time. Austin and Snow worked over Bart with several submission holds but Billy kept making the save to make sure his brother wouldn't give up. Snow and Austin double teamed Bart in front and behind the referee. Even allowing Ted DiBiase to get involved. Austin and Snow ended up going for a double suplex but Bart countered and took both men out with a double suplex! Bart then nailed both Snow and Austin with the Forearm Shot to the face and made the hot tag to Billy! Billy ran into the ring like a mad cow and started kicking some ass. Billy took Snow down with a huge tilt a whirl slam and hit Austin with a big time DDT! The Smoking Gunns took out Snow with their double suplex/drop kick combo! Billy went to clothesline Austin but Austin ducked and Billy accidentally hit the referee! Bart was out on the floor with Snow while Billy took Austin out with the Rocker Dropper! Billy covered but there was no referee! Sean Waltman came running down from the back with the Million Dollar Championship and smacked Billy in the back of the head with it! Waltman rolled Austin over on top of Gunn while Bart got beat down by Snow on the floor! The referee got up and made the three count! We got new champions! Waltman, Snow, Austin and DiBiase headed to the back with all the gold while Bart checked on Billy.

79, 85, 91 ****

Hardy Boyz video

Another video hyping the debut of the Hardy Boyz is shown, It shows some footage of the Hardy Boyz wrestling at live events. It shows Matt hitting the Twist Of Fate to someone while Jeff comes off the top with his Swanton Bomb. We're shown both Matt and Jeff at their home in North Carolina. Matt and Jeff talk about how their dreams are coming through. They say that the just want to perform in front of the crowd whether they boo or cheer them. They say their dream was to become Superstars of the World Wrestling Federation and now their dreams have come dream. They promise to give the fans everything they have each and every night they're out there. Matt and Jeff promise to make an impact.

Matt Hardy gained overness from this segment.

Jeff Hardy gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Albert with Ted DiBiase Vs. Hakushi

Albert is wrestling Undertaker at In Your House "Canadian Invasion" so he was put up against Hakushi here to show how big of a challenge he'll be for the phenom. Jim Ross said that Albert versus Undertaker is one of his many dream matches involving the "young stud known as Albert." McMahon and Ross spent most of this match talking about the big Albert/Undertaker match at In Your House as Albert destroyed Hakushi. Albert tossed Hakushi around the ring like a small child. Albert picked Hakushi up like a baby and slammed him down the the canvas like a animal. Albert finished Hakushi off with the A-Bomb to score the win! Albert lifted Hakushi up and drilled him with another A-Bomb! Albert lifted Hakushi up again and put him down with another A-Bomb! Albert again lifted Hakushi up but this time, Albert press slammed Hakushi all the way out to the floor! Albert celebrated while DiBiase looked at the camera and told Undertaker he was next!

69, 73, 82 **3/4

Hakushi lost overness from this match.

Albert gained overness from this match.

Interview with Undertaker and Paul Bearer

We go the interview area backstage where we see Dok Hendrix standing by with Undertaker and his manager Paul Bearer.

Dok Hendrix- Undertaker tonight you'll be going up against Marty Jannetty in singles action. But at In Your House "Canadian Invasion" it'll be you and Albert one on one. We've all seen what Albert has done since debuting in the World Wrestling Federation. He's destroyed many men and the question is, Will you be next on July 21st?

Paul Bearer- Oh no, Oh no. Albert we've seen what you've done. You're quite an impressive man. You've taken souls and destroyed them. You've hurt everyone who's gotten in your way. But what are you going to do when you face Undertaker at In Your House? Are you ready for the fight my Undertaker will be giving you? Your soul is going to be taken by Undertaker and all the creatures of the night. It's time for you to look into the eyes of my phenom. And Albert when you look into the eyes of Undertaker, You'll know that there's no beating him. And Marty Jannetty, Tonight will be the last all these people see of you. Tonight you'll look into Undertaker's eyes and know that you can't take him on. His power is just too great for you Marty Jannetty.

Dok Hendrix- Undertaker you and Cactus Jack have been involved in a wild feud, At King Of The Ring you two almost killed each other! This past Friday night it was Cactus Jack pinning you thanks to him using the urn and clocking you over the head with it. When is this thing with Jack going to end?

Paul Bearer- It'll end when Undertaker wants to end it. It's that simple. Cactus Jack has been attacking Undertaker and trying to destroy Undertaker. But he hasn't been able to do it. Undertaker will keep coming back for more. Cactus Jack you dare take the urn and smack Undertaker over the head with it? Now it's time that you learn from your mistakes. There will be a rematch between you and Undertaker. And you will go down once and for all.

Undertaker- Cactus Jack we have had a violent feud. I have to give you credit, You took everything I dished out at the King Of The Ring and you still kept coming back for more. You kept coming back for more pain and punishment. But this will end soon Cactus Jack. You have been lucky thus far, But when I do get in that ring with you one more time I will hurt you. I will hurt you so badly that you won't be coming back for more. Cactus Jack you will be resting in peace when it's all over with.

Dok Hendrix- Fans up next it'll be Undertaker going against Marty Jannetty!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Undertaker with Paul Bearer Vs. Marty Jannetty

Perhaps the moment of the year came when Jannetty stood face to face with Undertaker and started shaking his hips at Undertaker! The looks on the face of Paul Bearer was priceless! Undertaker started off dominating Jannetty tossing the former Intercontinental Champion around the ring. Undertaker sent Jannetty out to the floor with a big boot and rammed Jannetty's head into the steel steps. Undertaker went to Tombstone Jannetty out on the floor but Jannetty countered and sent Undertaker into the steel ring post face first! Jannetty rammed Undertaker's head into the steel post multiple times rocking down the phenom. They went back inside and Jannetty almost took Undertaker's head off with a clothesline! Jannetty followed up with the Flying Fist Drop but instead of going for the cover, Jannetty started shaking his hips. Jannetty got a few more near falls on Undertaker surprising the announcers at how focused Jannetty seems to be. Jannetty ended up going for a super kick but Undertaker blocked it and made the comeback. Undertaker threw Jannetty around the ring and scored with the flying/rolling clothesline. Undertaker grabbed Jannetty by the throat and Choke Slammed Marty! Undertaker lifted Jannetty up and delivered the Tombstone to Jannetty! Undertaker pinned Jannetty for the win! Afterwards, Undertaker was celebrating and Cactus Jack came out of the crowd! Jack got into the ring and attacked Undertaker! Jack mounted on top of Undertaker and nailed Undertaker with huge right hands! Officials came running down from the back to pull Jack off of Undertaker!

71, 80, 80 **3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bob Backlund has an offer for Sycho Sid

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break and some familiar music plays, And Bob Backlund makes his way down to the ring! McMahon and Ross have no idea what Bob Backlund is down here! Backlund gets inside the ring and asks for a microphone.

Bob Backlund- I know all you people are wondering what Bob Backlund is doing here. No I have not come here to mention the fact that I'm going to run for office in 2000. No I came back here because I love the World Wrestling Federation! Even though all you fans are no good scumbags! I came here to the WWF because there's been one man who's been impressing me. And that man is Sycho Sid. Sid I seen what you have done since returning to the WWF. I am very impressed! And I want to lead you to the top of the World Wrestling Federation. I want to make you the World Wrestling Federation Champion! I want to make Sycho Sid the biggest name in pro wrestling! I can help you big man! You need my help! Let me manage you! I got big ideas for you! So Sid I want you to come down here and answer me. Sid tell me you want Bob Backlund as your manager! Come on big man!

The crowd goes nuts as Sid's music plays. Sycho Sid makes his way down to the ring with Bob Backlund staring down Sid.

Bob Backlund- Sid I am so glad you came down here! And I need your answer! I have to know, I have to know if you accept my proposition! Bob Backlund as your manager big man! Do you accept or not?

Sycho Sid- Do I accept? Well here's my answer!

Sid looks at Backlund and plants Backlund with a kick to the gut! Sid then Powerbombs Bob Backlund! The fans cheer as Sid drops the microphone down and heads to the back. McMahon wonders what Backlund will have to say when he gets up.

Bob Backlund debuted his new gimmick (Crazy), it got a positive response.

Sycho Sid lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Shawn Michaels

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with Dok Hendrix standing by with the WWF Champion, Shawn Michaels.

Dok Hendrix- Shawn Michaels tonight is a big night for you as you prepare to defend the World Wrestling Federation Championship against Hunter Hearst Helmsley. But how are you going to be able to wrestle after being in a Cage match this past Friday night?

Shawn Michaels- I'm feeling pretty good actually, I did get banged up during the cage match but that's something you'd expect when you're inside a steel cage. I'm the World Wrestling Federation Champion Dok Hendrix, I'm suppose to be out there each and every night defending the title whether I'm at one hundred percent or not.

Dok Hendrix- Well it'll be you and Hunter Hearst Helmsley for the title tonight, Helmsley not doubt has the advantage after you being in a Cage match this past Friday night. How in the world are you going to be able to beat Hunter Hearst Helmsley tonight?

Shawn Michaels- Hunter Hearst Helmsley might have the advantage in the eyes of some people but he won't beat me. I might have been in a Cage match last Friday night but that won't hold down the Kliq or HBK for that matter. I've beaten many men when I wasn't in any condition to wrestle and I'll do it again tonight. Hunter Hearst Helmsley might be one of the brightest stars that the World Wrestling Federation has to offer but he's not taking the title off of Shawn Michaels tonight.

Dok Hendrix- At In Your House "Canadian Invasion" it'll be you and Ultimate Warrior against Owen Hart, British Bulldog and Vader. Have you and Warrior found a partner yet?

Shawn Michaels- To be honest with you, Warrior and myself haven't had a chance to talk things out yet regarding In Your House. But I'm sure we'll come up with the perfect partner for "Canadian Invasion" so to speak.

Dok Hendrix- And if you do beat Helmsley tonight then it'll be you and Vader at SummerSlam. Vader has been running over everyone who's gotten in his way. He's beaten Yokozuna, Bret Hart and Sycho Sid. And Shawn Michaels you could be next at SummerSlam!

Shawn Michaels- Well I've beaten Sid, Yokozuna and Bret Hart as well. Sure Vader has been able to bully them but he won't be able to bully me and beat me at SummerSlam. I went through Kevin Nash in a Last Man Standing Match and survived. I been through hell and back. What's Vader going to do to me at SummerSlam that's really that bad?

Dok Hendrix- Fans up next Shawn Michaels puts it all on the line against the 1996 King Of The Ring, Hunter Hearst Helmsley!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- D'lo Brown comes off the top with the Lo Down to Jerry Lawler! (Superstars 6/30/96)

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Shawn Michaels© Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

"King" Helmsley and Michaels worked pretty well together and the crowd was most definitely into this match up. This could be the beginning of the big Helmsley push as he got some huge heat. Michaels is still very over with the fans and McMahon and Ross made sure to hype the fact that Michaels is not one hundred percent. Meaning that Helmsley has a shot at winning the title............ Both men started off doing a sequence that ended with Helmsley taking Michaels down and then doing his pose to huge heat from the crowd. They went at it again and Michaels clotheslined Helmsley out to the floor and skinned the cat back into the ring before hitting a huge moonsault from the top all the way out to the floor to Helmsley. Michaels rolled Helmsley into the ring and scored with a high cross body getting a two count. Michaels ended up getting caught by a big high knee to the face from Helmsley turning things in favor of the 1996 King Of The Ring. Helmsley worked over Michaels' injured knee and gave it quite a beating. Helmsley rammed Michaels' legs right into the steel ring post multiple times! Helmsley worked on Michaels' legs some more and eventually locked the champion into a figure four. Michaels almost gave it up but after what seemed several minutes of pain, The champion was able to turn the hold! Both men rolled the ropes breaking up the hold. Michaels made the comeback and started hitting Helmsley with big right hands to the face. Michaels came off the ropes and caught Helmsley with the flying forearm! Michaels nipped up and started making the big comeback. Michaels scored several near falls over Helmsley but Helmsley kept kicking out. Michaels slammed Helmsley down and came flying off the top with the elbow drop to Helmsley! Michaels went to the corner and tuned up the band. Helmsley got up and ducked the Sweet Chin Music! Helmsley kicked Michaels in the gut and went for the Pedigree but Michaels countered and back dropped Helmsley! Helmsley slowly got up and walked right into Sweet Chin Music! Michaels covered Helmsley and scored the 1,2,3! Afterwards, Michaels posed while Helmsley headed to the back.

82, 95, 86 ***3/4

The WWF World title has lost image.

Camp Cornette strike on the Warrior!

Michaels stayed in the ring posing with the championship, Suddenly, James E. Cornette appeared on the RAW screen.

James E. Cornette- Michaels! Hey boy toy! Sorry we couldn't be there with you. We're too busy in the parking lot of the building! And you know what Camp Cornette is doing? We're beating the hell out of your partner Ultimate Warrior!

We're now shown Warrior getting beat down by Vader, Owen Hart and British Bulldog. Owen and Bulldog hold Warrior back while Vader hammers on Warrior with right hands!

James E. Cornette- That's right! Your partner is getting beaten down like a dog right before In Your House! Get him boys!

Camp Cornette continue beating down Warrior.

James E. Cornette- Shawn Michaels this is what will happen to both you and Warrior! I don't care who's your partner!

Michaels leaves the ring and runs down to the back! Our cameras follow the champion as he leaves the building. But before anything can happen, Monday Night Raw goes off the air with Ross yelling "we're gonna have a wild brawl!"

Ultimate Warrior lost overness from this segment.

Overall Rating- 75

TV Rating- 7.51

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.49

Attendance- 7,049

Ticket Sales- $281,960

SWF Tuesday

TV Rating- 0.94

Attendance- 410

Ticket Sales- $8,200

Notes

"Albert and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Sean Waltman? I think our styles would really work well together."- Hakushi

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Hakushi

"Undertaker and Marty Jannetty didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"- Pat Patterson

"Hunter Hearst Helmsley and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Steve Austin? I think our styles would really work well together."- Shawn Michaels

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

News

- Hakushi will be out for eight months with a neck injury suffered on Monday Night Raw during his match with Albert.

- WCW have signed Honky Tonk Man to a written contract!

user posted image

Date: July 5, 1996

Tonight Friday Night Mayhem marks the return of Bret "The Hitman" Hart to the ring. Last week Hart returned after being taken out at the hands of Vader. Tonight Bret Hart will go one on one with the 1996 King Of The Ring, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. This is another huge match for Helmsley. First Helmsley faced Shawn Michaels last Monday night and almost won the WWF Championship. But tonight he faces a former three time WWF Champion and a wrestle who's popularity is up there with Shawn Michaels'. Can Helmsley score the biggest win of his life or will "The Hitman" show Helmsley why he's the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be?

Cactus Jack will be in Cedar Falls and Jack is not happy that he isn't facing Undertaker at In Your House. What does Jack have to say about attacking Undertaker this past Monday night? What does Cactus Jack have to say about a possible rematch with Undertaker down the line?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Sean Waltman was crowned the Million Dollar Champion last week after beating Bob Holly, Tonight Waltman puts the gold on the line against Jake "The Snake" Roberts! Can Jake DDT Waltman or will Waltman retain the title?

Yokozuna and Fatu team up for the very first time to face the new WWF Tag Team Champions, Al Snow and Steve Austin in a non title match. Austin and Snow made sure to weasel their way out of defending the titles tonight. Who's going to win this big match up?

At In Your House we'll see Goldust and Marlena team up to face Marc Mero and Sable in a Mixed Tag Team Match, Tonight Goldust will go one on one with "The Wildman". Will Marlena and Sable go at it like they did this past Monday night?

The Smoking Gunns are not happy after losing the tag titles, But tonight they'll have to face The Headbangers. If the Smoking Gunns win this will no doubt get them right back into the title picture.

And in tonight's main event we'll see Bret Hart face Hunter Hearst Helmsley!

Plus we'll hear from Camp Cornette, Cactus Jack plus much more!

user posted image

Date: July 5, 1996

Attendance: 10,036

Ticket Sales: $401,440

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Bret "The Hitman" Hart taking on Hunter Hearst Helmsley!

Camp Cornette continues to dominate!

The crowd starts booing as Camp Cornette's music plays. James E. Cornette leads the WWF Intercontinental Champion Owen Hart, Vader and British Bulldog down to the ring. Cornette is handed a microphone as Hendrix says that Michaels and Warrior won't be here due to getting beat up in the parking lot last Monday night.

James E. Cornette- I am in a very good mood tonight. You want to know why? We killed two birds with one stone so to speak. We first beat Warrior down as he was entering the arena. And then Shawn Michaels tried to come out there and save him but the odds were against him. I even got a few shots in on Michaels! That's right! I'm not afraid of anyone! My men took out both Warrior and Michaels right before the huge six men tag match on July 21st. Warrior and Michaels we have the advantage now boys. Michaels you were already in bad shape before the match, Now what kind of shape are you in after getting beat down like a dog in the parking lot? And Warrior, I hope those shots to your head didn't hurt what little brains you have left. You two are in for a world of trouble at In Your House. I know why you guys haven't announced your teammate for In Your House. It's because there's no one in their right mind who wants to team with you two! No one wants to get in the ring with Camp Cornette! You two will be left to fight three men! It won't be a six men tag, It'll be two against three!

Owen Hart- James E. Cornette is one hundred percent correct. You two don't have a partner. You two can't find a partner who wants to get in the ring with the three of us. Who in their right mind would? Everyone in that locker room fears us. And after what we did to the two of you on Monday Night Raw, Well let me just say that the fans should be glad when the show went off the air. Because you fans do not want to see what happened to your precious Warrior and to your champion Shawn Michaels. We took them apart. That's why they're not here tonight. They know that they can't beat us at In Your House. I wouldn't be surprised if they chickened out before In Your House. But we won't let them act like cowards, We want Warrior and Michaels in the ring and we're going to get them in the ring! I would wrestle both of them by myself but I know that Vader and Bulldog want Michaels and Warrior not to be too hurt before they finish them off.

British Bulldog- Warrior I did a number on you this past Monday night, I just wish the fans would have seen it. Then they would have seen who the real "warrior" of the World Wrestling Federation is. They would have seen me standing over you. You were bleeding like you were nothing! They should have seen you begging me for mercy. You know you were down on both knees begging me to stop beating you down. But I didn't! I kept hurting you! You're nothing to me Warrior. You never were nothing. I wish I could get my hands on you in a singles match before In Your House but we'll have to wait after In Your House to settle the score. I don't mind the wait though, I'm sure at In Your House we'll get to be in that ring at the same time against each other. And everyone of those Canadian fans will see me treat you like the dog that you are!

James E. Cornette- Shawn Michaels I hope we didn't beat you up too badly, Because we want you to make it to In Your House and then SummerSlam which will be the night where the World Wrestling Federation Championship leaves your waist and goes to Vader. At SummerSlam the Kliq and your boyhood dream will come to an end. SummerSlam will be the end of Shawn Michaels. Vader will add you to the list of victims. Shawn Michaels just remember that at SummerSlam it will be............

Vader- Vader time!

James E. Cornette- You and Warrior better pray for a miracle and that someone steps up to the plate to be your tag partner! Because if it's two on three, You two will be sent home in a hospital!

Camp Cornette's music plays to boos from the crowd as the members of Camp Cornette pose. Camp Cornette head to the back as Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect wonder who Warrior and Michaels will pick as their partner.

The Million Dollar Champion!

We cut to the interview area backstage where we see Todd Pettengill standing by with the Million Dollar Champion Sean Waltman and his manager Ted DiBiase.

Todd Pettengill- The Corporation has certainly been on quite a roll, Last Monday night the team of Al Snow and Steve Austin became the new World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions. And then last week Sean Waltman beat Bob Holly to become the new Million Dollar Champion. Ted DiBiase why did you decide to bring back the Million Dollar Championship?

Ted DiBiase- Why? Why? Are you a moron Pettengill? The Corporation would not be The Corporation without the coveted Million Dollar Championship. I decided it was time to bring back the title with over forty pounds of diamonds in it. And who better to hold it than Sean Waltman? Sean had to go through a little "test" in Bob Holly and he passed with flying colors. Sean Waltman holds the Million Dollar Championship. He's the crown jewel of The Corporation!

Todd Pettengill- Tonight your crown jewel puts the title against the veteran Jake "The Snake" Roberts. You've been in the ring with Jake before and you know he's now push over. Can Sean Waltman retain the title against Jake Roberts tonight?

Ted DiBiase- Sean Waltman can push over anyone he wants! And if he can't, I'll pay the person to fall over! But we don't need to worry about Jake tonight. Jake is a tired old man who's a shell of what he used to be. I don't wrestle anymore but I'm still in great shape unlike Jake. Jake you can't keep up with Sean Waltman. You're too much of a loser to stand any chance against Sean Waltman. Not even in your dreams will you be able to hold the Million Dollar Championship. Sean Waltman is the future and you're the past! Deal with it old man!

Sean Waltman- Jake, Ever since I got into the wrestling business I always wanted to wrestle a match against you. I always wanted to meet you. And I did get to meet you. And I found out that you were just a tired has been. You're nothing anymore. You're the biggest joke in professional wrestling. You're just pathetic. Your time is up old man. Sean Waltman is the future. I'm the Million Dollar Champion and I'll continue to be the Million Dollar Champion for a long time to come.

Todd Pettengill- Well at In Your House "Canadian Invasion" you'll put the title on the line against D'lo Brown if you're still the champion. D'lo Brown is one of the new Superstars of the New Generation and he's very popular with the crowd. He's only twenty five years old and he's already accomplished so much. How do you plan on beating D'lo?

Ted DiBiase- If he's still the champion? Pettengill I should slap you across the face right now but I just washed my hands and I don't want to get it filthy by touching the "common people". D'lo Brown you think you got a chance of beating Sean Waltman? Only twenty five years old and you've done so much? Well Sean Waltman is only twenty three years old and he's already gotten shots at the World Wrestling Federation Championship! You know D'lo, After you blow it against Sean. I'll let you be my towel boy. You can work at my mansion and fetch my towels for me! Or you can clean my many pools!

Sean Waltman- D'lo Brown I have to say that I am impressed with you. Only twenty five years old and you've beaten alot of top names in the World Wrestling Federation. You're quite the impressive athlete. But you have to remember that I'm only twenty three years old. I'm already a former two time Tag Team Champion. I've gotten shots at both the WWF Championship and the Intercontinental Championship. I'm the Million Dollar Champion. I haven't even reached twenty five yet and I've done more than you. Hell I'm considered a veteran in this sport. I went to wrestling school at the age of fifteen. I'm the best young athlete in this company. Not you D'lo! I'm the man who's going to lead the World Wrestling Federation. I'm what a Superstar of the New Generation is all about. You're nothing to me. At In Your House I'm going to wipe the floor with you.

Todd Pettengill- Fans up next Sean Waltman puts the Million Dollar Championship on the line against Jake "The Snake" Roberts!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Million Dollar Championship

Sean Waltman© with Ted DiBiase Vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Holy shit! Waltman was able to carry Jake's drunken old ass to one hell of a match! The best match Jake has had in years! Maybe ever! Jake started out showing some spirit so maybe he wasn't drunk or stoned out of his mind for this one. Jake gave Waltman a beating as he nailed the twenty three year old start with right hands and sent Waltman out to the floor with a clothesline. Jake rammed Waltman's head right into the steel steps! DiBiase ended up nailing Jake with a cheap shot from behind which allowed Waltman to send Jake into the steel steps! They went back into the ring and Waltman scored with a spinning back heel kick to Jake's face. Waltman rode Jake down in the corner with a bronco buster after hitting Jake with several kicks to the face. Waltman scored a few near falls over Jake and eventually headed up top. Waltman went for a leg drop off the top but Jake moved out of the way and Waltman hit the canvas! Jake came back fighting and hit Waltman with right hands. Jake atomic dropped Waltman down and connected with the DDT! Jake covered but Waltman kicked out at 2! Jake lifted Waltman up and put Waltman on the top turnbuckle. Jake went up top with Waltman and attempted a superplex but Waltman countered ans shoved Jake down to the canvas. Waltman then came off the top with the Six Kick to Jake! Waltman covered and got the 1,2,3 retaining the title! DiBiase came into the ring with the title and handed it to Waltman. Waltman clocked Jake right in the back of the head with it twice! Waltman went for another shot but D'lo Brown came running down from the back with a steel chair! Waltman grabbed the gold and he and DiBiase quickly fled the ring. D'lo checked on Jake as Waltman told him he's a dead man come In Your House.

89, 80, 99 ****1\2

The Million Dollar title has gained in image.

The World Wrestling Federation Proudly Brings To You, The New World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions Of The World..........

We're taken to the interview area backstage where Kevin Kelly is standing by with the new WWF Tag Team Champions Al Snow and Steve Austin.

Kevin Kelly- Last Monday night this team right here won the WWF Tag Team Championship, Steve Austin and Al Snow won the titles thanks to a help from fellow Corporation member Sean Waltman. And guys tonight you got a non title match against the team of fan favorites Fatu and Yokozuna. Why didn't you guys want this to be a title match?

Al Snow- Why? Why should we put the titles on the line after we just them? Seems a bit stupid to me! Fatu and Yokozuna aren't even a real tag team! Why should we put the titles on the line against them? We're fighting champions but we're not putting them on the line against those guys who aren't a official tag team! Fatu and Yokozuna might have the fans and the weight advantage on their side but we're the better wrestlers. And a wrestler can beat a fat man any day of the week!

Steve Austin- You think we're dumb enough to put these on the line after we just won them on Monday night? Besides who have Yokozuna and Fatu beaten to become the number one contenders? No one! We're the champions and we decide when we defend the titles! Yokozuna and Fatu are just lucky to be in the ring with us! We're the champions and we're going to beat both Fatu and Yokozuna tonight. It don't really matter how fat they are!

Kevin Kelly- You two won the titles from the Smoking Gunns, Soon there will be a rematch and when there is a rematch will you be as lucky as you were this past Monday night?

Al Snow- Lucky? We won because we're the best. Not because of luck. Luck doesn't mean a damn thing in the WWF. It's talent that gets you far in this business. Not luck. We're the champions because we're the very best in the pro wrestling industry. Not because of luck. Sean Waltman was there for us on Monday night sure, But we did most of the work. And in the end it was Steve Austin pinning Billy Gunn. Is it our fault that we're smarter than everyone else?

Steve Austin- My partner makes a good point, When you're in The Corporation you have to look out for one another. That's what Sean Waltman was doing. He looked out for us and made sure we walked away with the titles. It's not a big deal. We're like brothers in The Corporation. All for one and one for all. And we're not fearing getting in the ring with Bart and Billy again!

Kevin Kelly- Thank you for the comments. Fans up next they'll take on Yokozuna and Fatu in a non title match!

Al Snow gained overness from this segment.

Steve Austin gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Yokozuna and Fatu Vs. Al Snow and Steve Austin

Another carry job by members of The Corporation. This is a non title match. It was announced that Ted DiBiase had already left the building with Sean Waltman so that's why he wasn't at ringside for this one. Yokozuna and Fatu seem to work pretty well together as they started off red hot taking down the champions. Austin and Snow soon fired back and isolated the smaller Fatu. Austin and Snow wore down Fatu with several submission holds while Yokozuna tried to get the crowd going for Fatu. Snow and Austin double teamed Fatu out on the floor and sent Fatu into the steel steps! Snow went for his Million Dollar Dream several times but he couldn't lock Fatu into it. The champions ended up going for a double suplex to Fatu, But Fatu countered and took both Austin and Snow down with a suplex! Fatu then clotheslined both men and tagged in Yokozuna! Yokozuna came into the ring and started cleaning house! Yokozuna took out both Austin and Snow with oriental chops! Yokozuna hit Snow with a kick to the chest and samoan dropped Austin! Yokozuna covered but Snow made the save! Yokozuna tossed Snow out to the floor as Fatu delivered the Fatu Driver to Austin! Fatu dragged Austin to the corner and Yokozuna came off the second turnbuckle with the Bonzai Drop to Austin! Yokozuna hooked the legs and got the 1,2,3! Snow grabbed the titles and helped Austin to the back. Dok Hendrix wondered if this made Fatu and Yokozuna the number one contenders.

82, 83, 82 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Challenge for In Your House "Canadian Invasion"

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with the music of Bret "The Hitman" Hart hitting the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd. Bret Hart makes his way down to the ring as Perfect wonders what Bret Hart wants.

Bret Hart- You know everyone is talking about the big six men tag team match at In Your House "Canadian Invasion". And they're talking about who Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior are going to pick as their partner. Well I know one man who does not want the job. And that is me. I respect Warrior and I respect Shawn Michaels as wrestlers. But I don't really like either men all that much. Especially Shawn Michaels. I know Shawn Michaels has got Vader to worry about at SummerSlam so I can't get my shot there. But I'm left to wonder when will I get my rematch? You know if it was Michaels who lost the title, He'd be crying over and over again for a rematch. And yet I get no rematch. I'm the former champion and no one has come to me about a title shot. I have to wonder if Shawn Michaels isn't a bit afraid of putting the title against me. He knows he got lucky at Wrestlemania, So maybe he wants to avoid a rematch with me. Maybe he knows he can't beat me if we were to go one on one. Maybe he knows he got lucky at Wrestlemania XII. Maybe he thinks he doesn't have what it takes to beat me one more time. He's put the title on the line against men like Kevin Nash, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Steve Austin and many other men but not me. Well I'm making myself clear to you Shawn, I want my rematch. Everyone wants to see Hart/Michaels part two. And they want to see it happen real soon! And you want to know why I don't want to be Michaels' and Warrior's partner at In Your House? Because if Shawn Michaels gets in my face during the match which I'm sure he would, I'd have to knock him on his butt! As far as In Your House is concerned, I want to get in the ring at the big event. I know there's a man in the back who wants mt in the ring and that is Jeff Jarrett. So Jeff Jarrett I'm laying down the challenge right now! You and I at In Your House "Canadian Invasion". One on one! Lets see who the best wrestler is! I'm going to..................

Bret Hart is unable to finish his sentence as Jeff Jarrett's music hits the arena to boos from the crowd. Jeff Jarrett and his manager Rick Rude stand on top of the entry way with a microphone.

Rick Rude- Did you say the name of the great one? Did you speak the name of Jeff Jarrett? Well we had to come out here and see what the fuss is all about. Bret Hart you think you deserve the title shot? Last week Jeff Jarrett almost won the title. He came so close to winning it. And at King Of The Ring he pinned Shawn Michaels' shoulders to the canvas one, two, three. He would be the World Wrestling Federation Champion if it wasn't for Earl Hebner sticking his nose where it didn't belong. But you want a match with Double J at "Canadian Invasion"? If you want you shall receive! It's on Bret Hart! You and the greatest wrestler to ever step foot in the Earth one on one at In Your House!

Jeff Jarrett- Bret Hart you want me in the ring? Well it's on now sunny Jim! You and I one on one at In Your House. I feel sorry for all those ugly Canadians who will have to see me destroyed their hero. What are you going to do when I whip your ass all over Canada "Hitman"? Will you go home and run to mommy and daddy? You're time is over Hart. You don't belong in the title scene anymore! You're a has been! The only man you can beat up is your dad! Jeff Jarrett will be the next World Wrestling Federation Champion and I'll become the number one contender by beating you!

Bret Hart- You think you'll be able to beat me Jeff Jarrett? You're nothing more than a punk! All you do is hide behind Rick Rude! Well Rick Rude can try to interfere in the match, And if he does I'll beat him down without feeling bad about it! Rick Rude doesn't belong in the World Wrestling Federation anymore. He has to hide behind a country singer wanna be like you. In front of all my countrymen, I will defeat you and show you what the excellence of execution is all about! I'm so glad you accepted because it's time someone showed you that you're not as good as you think you are. And I'm glad I'll get to do it. In front of every Canadian in that arena I will show you why I am the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be!

Bret Hart's music plays to a big ovation, Jeff Jarrett tries to go into the ring but Rick Rude holds him back. Rude whispers something into Jarrett's ear and Jarrett smiles. Jarrett and Rude head to the back as Bret Hart poses in the ring.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Goldust with Marlena Vs. Marc Mero with Sable

This is hype match for In Your House. Dok Hendrix makes sure to mention the mixed tag match and how we should order In Your House "Canadian Invasion" only on Pay Per View. Mero and Goldust have wrestled before with Mero beating Goldust several times. Goldust jumped Mero early on while Marlena stared down Sable at ringside. Goldust gave Mero an aggressive pounding in the corner using chokes and even biting Mero in the face! Goldust and Mero brawled on the floor with Goldust sending Mero to the steel steps! Goldust then went after Sable trying to intimidate Sable! Marlena was able to get a few shots in on Mero! Goldust beat Mero down when they came back into the ring. Goldust went for the Curtain Call a couple times but Mero slipped out of it and hit Goldust with a enziguri kick taking a page out of Owen Hart's book. Mero hit Goldust with everything he had, Gaining several near falls on the bizarre one in the process. Mero took Goldust down with a samoan drop and headed up top. Mero came off the top with the Wild Thing to Goldust and covered! 1.........2........ Marlena put Goldust's foot on the ropes breaking the count! Sable had enough and went after Marlena! Both ladies got into it at ringside distracting Mero which allowed Goldust to nail Mero from behind and hit the Curtain Call! Goldust hooked the legs and got the 1,2,3! Afterwards, Goldust and Marlena headed to the back while Sable checked on Mero.

84, 87, 78 **3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Smoking Gunns Vs. The Headbangers

Billy Gunn showed a new found mean streak in him as he jumped both Headbangers from the behind to start things off! Billy pounded Mosh in the corner and even Bart Gunn looked surprised Billy's mean streak! Hell Billy didn't even tag out to his brother! Billy squashed both Mosh and Thrasher on his own! Billy finished Thrasher off with the Rocker Dropper and got the win. After the match ended, Bart did not look happy at Billy. Billy just stared down his brother and lifted Mosh up and put Mosh back down with the Rocker Dropper! Billy set Thrasher up for another Rocker Dropper but Bart threw Thrasher out to the floor and stared down Billy. Billy told Bart that this is how they have to act to get any respect around here. And to get back their titles. Billy left the ring leaving Bart there as Friday Night Mayhem went to a commercial break.

81, 72, 90 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cactus Jack is not the only one who stands in Undertaker's way!

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Cactus Jack's music playing which draws huge heat from the crowd. The psychotic Cactus Jack makes his way down to the ring with a sick smile on his face. Jack grabs a microphone while this huge crowd chants "Undertaker".

Cactus Jack- Undertaker, I know you're a busy man these days. You got Albert at In Your House. But the question that I want to know is why has Albert been put to face you? And I came up with an answer. It's because the WWF doesn't really want me in there with you again. After what happened in the King Of The Ring they'll never want us in the ring again. It was a brawl. Referees got hurt. We got hurt. But in the end, I enjoyed it all. I told you that pain is my calling. I told you that I would get up from it all come back for more. And I did just that. I got up and came for more. I like feeling pain. I embrace it. It might be a sickness but I don't care. I don't really give a damn if these World Wrestling Federation fans like me or not. I went out there and survived. I gave everyone's hero Undertaker a fight that he had never gotten before. You might have Albert at In Your House but after you're done with him I'll be coming after you. I'll be coming to get you Undertaker! This isn't over. Not by a long shot! All these ungrateful fans who don't appreciate me are going to be proven that you're not hero. You're nothing to me! You can hurt me all you want, But I'll keep coming back for more. You can't put me down. You can try all you want but I'll just come back for more. No one can stop me. I am going to destroy all these fans WWF heroes. And the first name on my list is you Undertaker. I can wait until you're done with Albert and then I............

Cactus Jack is interrupted by the music of Albert. Albert comes down to the ring to boos from the fans in the arena. Albert gets inside the ring and asks for a microphone.

Albert- Wait a minute Cactus Jack! Did you just say when Undertaker is done with me? I don't know who the hell you think you are but there's no way he'll be beating me. I know you like to take pain but I like to dish it out. Did you see what I did to Hakushi on Monday Night Raw? He has a injured neck! Thanks to me! I destroyed that man! Did you see how easy it was to beat Hakushi and send his ass to a hospital? I know you enjoy seeing people get hurt and I got to know, Did you like seeing what I did to that man?

Cactus Jack- I did, And I'm very impressed. I enjoyed seeing his skinny little neck get injured. But Albert don't get me wrong, I'd love to see you hurt Undertaker as well. But I been in the ring with him. And I'm not too sure you can take him?

Albert- I can't take him? Look at me Cactus Jack! I'm six feet six inches tall. Three hundred thirty pounds. Undertaker ain't gonna be tossing me around that ring! I'm going to pick up Undertaker and toss him around the ring over and over again. He's got no chance in hell in that ring against me. Look at how strong I am! You think his creatures of the night can beat pure force like me? I'm a proud member of The Corporation Cactus Jack! I was hand picked by Ted DiBiase to join his organization. Me! I'm pound for pound the strongest man in this company. I'm easily going to manhandle Undertaker. When I'm done there won't be anything left for you!

Cactus Jack- You better leave some for me, Or I will get very physical with you Albert. And I don't think you want that.

Albert- Excuse me? Is that a threat Cactus Jack? If you like pain so much then I should just kick your ass right here right now! You...............

The crowd goes nuts as the lights go off the purple lights come on. Undertaker's music starts playing as Albert and Jack stay in the ring. And out comes Undertaker! Undertaker walks down the isle way like a man on a mission! Undertaker gets inside the ring and the lights come back on. Jack tells Albert to go get him some! Albert charges at Undertaker and Undertaker nails Albert with a right hand! Undertaker nails Albert with right hands as Cactus Jack watched from the corner with a sick smile on his face! Undertaker uppercuts Albert and Choke Slams the monster Albert down! Jack has seen enough and attacks Undertaker from behind! Both heated rivals get into a slug fest! Jack nails Undertaker with a right hand! Jack goes for another one but Undertaker blocks it and headbutts Jack! Undertaker with a uppercut! Undertaker goes to Choke Slam Jack but Jack locks Undertaker into the Mandible Claw! Undertaker slowly starts fading....... But no! Undertaker blows Jack breaking the hold! Undertaker turns around right into the A-Bomb from Albert! Undertaker never saw it coming! Albert stares Jack down and lifts Undertaker back up and hits another A-Bomb! Jack calls for one more! Albert lifts Undertaker back up and connects with a third A-Bomb! Albert and Jack stare each other down and both men have sick smiles on their faces. Albert leaves the ring while Jack stays and taunts Undertaker. Jack eventually leaves as Undertaker is left out cold in the ring.

Cactus Jack lost overness from this segment.

Interview with Bret Hart

We cut to the back where Michael Cole is standing by with Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

Michael Cole- Bret Hart tonight is your in ring return, You haven't wrestled since May when you were injured at the hands of the man they call Vader. Tonight you face the 1996 King Of The Ring Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Bret Hart earlier tonight you said you should be the number one contender. You made comments about Shawn Michaels and the WWF Championship. Do you think it was smart to say what you said? I mean what are the fans going to think?

Bret Hart- I know my fans are glad I laid down the challenge for Shawn Michaels. I could care less about what Michaels' Kliq might think. They know there's only one man worthy of being the World Wrestling Federation Champion and that's me. I don't care if the Kliq likes me after what I said about Michaels. I know my fans are loyal and that they'll stick with me no matter what. Shawn Michaels' is just the fad of the week, They'll get tired of him and go to someone else. I'm the man who's always been here and who's always been a true hero for these fans. I might not dance and wear flashy ring attires, But I am someone who the fans can rely on.

Michael Cole- Earlier tonight it was made official, You and Jeff Jarrett will meet at In Your House "Canadian Invasion". And Bret Hart will you be able to beat Jeff Jarrett in front of your fellow Canadians?

Bret Hart- I can beat anyone, Anytime. And in front of all my Canadian fans I will beat Jeff Jarrett. There's nothing like being out there in front of your fellow countrymen to get you going. I love wrestling in America but there's nothing in the world like being in front of your own countrymen. Jeff Jarrett will know why they call me the excellence of execution when we get inside that ring. Rick Rude won't be a factor, If he gets involved I will knock his lights out.

Michael Cole- Tonight it's you and the 1996 King Of The Ring Hunter Hearst Helmsley in singles action. You have never went one on one with Helmsley in the past. How do you plan on taking on this cocky young man who's certainly one of the brightest stars in the World Wrestling Federation?

Bret Hart- I've seen Hunter Hearst Helmsley inside that ring, He's a young hungry kid. He's proven how tough he is by becoming the King Of The Ring which is no easy to task to do believe me I know how tough it is to become the King Of The Ring. I don't like him though. He's a little too cocky for my taste. Tonight I'm going to show him how good I am. I don't have any ring rust in me and I'm ready to go. Hunter Hearst Helmsley will find out why they call me the excellence of execution. And why they call me the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be. I hope Jeff Jarrett is taking notes because at In Your House he will suffer the same fate.

Michael Cole- Good luck out there "Hitman". Fans up next it's the big main event.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Shawn Michaels retains the title using Sweet Chin Music to Hunter Hearst Helmsley! (Monday Night Raw 7/1/96)

Bret Hart Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Helmsley and Hart worked pretty well together. Better than Michaels/Helmsley did on Monday Night Raw. Helmsley started off getting out wrestled by "The Hitman" which frustrated the young man. They went at it again and this time Helmsley was able to take Hart down. Helmsley did his little pose and the crowd responded with huge heat directed at Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Helmsley was able to get the upper hand after he and Hart ended up on the floor, Helmsley sent Hart right into the steel steps shoulder first! Helmsley then dropped Hart knee first across the steel steps! They went back into the ring and Helmsley continued working over Hart's legs like he did to Shawn Michaels this past Monday night. After working on the legs for awhile, Helmsley locked Hart into a figure four! Hart was able to make it to the ropes after being locked into the hold for what seemed like an eternity. Helmsley kept coming at Hart and set Hart up for the Pedigree, Hart countered and catapulted Helmsley into the turnbuckle! Hart made the comeback hitting Helmsley with right hands. Hart started taking Helmsley's legs out trying to soften it up for the Sharpshooter. Hart connected with his signature moves (five moves of doom). Hart then locked Helmsley into the Sharpshooter! Helmsley was about to give it up when Jeff Jarrett and Rick Rude came running down from the back! Jarrett hit Hart with a DDT causing Hart to break the hold! The referee had no choice but to call for the bell! Rude went to the outside and brought a steel chair into the ring! Jarrett drilled Hart over and over again with the chair to the legs! The referee tried to help Hart but Rude decked him! Jarrett wrapped the chair around Hart's leg and came off the second rope stomping right into the chair! Hart screamed in pain while Jarrett and Rude celebrated. Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with Rude and Jarrett standing tall over Bret Hart who might have a serious injury!

93, 94, 91 ****1\4

Overall Rating- 85

TV Rating- 7.75

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.92

Attendance- 7,041

Ticket Sales- $281,640

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.34

Attendance- 518

Ticket Sales- $10,360

Notes

"Sean Waltman and Scorpio work pretty well together due to their similar styles."- Pat Patterson

"Marc Mero and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Bob Holly? I think our styles would really work well together."- Goldust

News

- Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart has been suspended for comments he made about the World Wrestling Federation on a radio show. Neidhart's suspension will last three months. We do not know what Neidhart said about the WWF at this time.

user posted image

Date: July 7, 1996

Attendance: 10,047

Ticket Sales: $401,880

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of D'lo Brown taking on Kama!

Vader Time!

Backstage Vader and his manager James E. Cornette were standing by. Cornette hyped the big six men tag match at In Your House and the fact that Warrior has already been hurt at the hands of Camp Cornette. Cornette asked Michaels and Warrior to show the whole world who the mystery partner is. Cornette also told Michaels that SummerSlam is nearing each and everyday. Cornette told Michaels that at SummerSlam Vader would add Michaels to the list of victims. Cornette said that In Your House would be the small preview of SummerSlam.

Vader gained overness from this segment.

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty Vs. Alex Porteau

Marty Jannetty is now known as "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty. He has some techno/dance music as his theme and at the beginning of the theme Marty yells out "I just have to paaaaaaaaaarty!" Jannetty's ring attire is also pretty colorful and has "Party Boy" written on the back. Jannetty and Porteau had a pretty decent match up between them. Jannetty continues to improve since his trip to USWA. Lets hope he stays off the booze/crack. "Party Boy" had the upper hand through out most of the match and stopped to do the party dance. Jannetty ended up going up top for a splash but he missed! Porteau made the comeback and scored some near falls over Jannetty. Porteau put Jannetty up top and headed up top with Jannetty. Porteau attempted a superplex but Jannetty shoved him down to the canvas and came off the top with the flying fist drop which is now called the Party Boy Dance. Jannetty covered and got the win. Afterwards, Jannetty started shaking his hips at the referee and the poor referee fled the ring while "Party Boy" danced.

70, 61, 80 **1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jerry "The King" Lawler and Brian Christopher Vs. The Thrillseekers

Damn this was a good bout. Lawler wasn't in the match all that much which helped the quality greatly. His boy Christopher has got some skills too. Sadly the stupid announcers chose to ignore this and talk about the week we had in the World Wrestling Federation and they also talked about Marty Jannetty's new found partying attitude. Yes the announcers talked about Marty freaking Jannetty during a match. Lawler and Christopher isolated young "Lion Heart" Chris Jericho early on and beat him down for several minutes. Jericho was finally able to tag in Storm after taking out both Lawler and Christopher with drop kicks. The ending came when Jericho was out on the floor with Christopher, Storm put Lawler down with a release german suplex and covered but the referee was on the outside. Christopher threw Jericho into the steel guardrail and came off the top with the Tennessee Jam to Storm! Christopher rolled Lawler over on top of Storm to pick up the win! Great heat for Lawler and Christopher here.

90, 84, 97 ****1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scott Taylor Vs. Savio Vega

This is probably the last time Savio Vega will be on television as he has two months left on his contract and it won't be renewed. Looks like Savio is headed back to Puerto Rico. This one was pretty good thanks to Taylor who had the job to carry a worthless and unmotivated Savio Vega. Savio didn't get any offense in and was treated like a even bigger loser than he already is. Taylor finished Savio off with the Flying DDT. Atleast the announcers hyped Taylor as a true superstar.

79, 73, 85 ***3/4

Interview with Undertaker

Undertaker was shown standing by backstage without his manager Paul Bearer. Undertaker told Albert and Cactus Jack that they made a huge mistake attacking him like they did on Friday Night Mayhem. Undertaker told Albert he was going to take him out quickly at In Your House and then he'd go after Cactus Jack. He told them both they'd be resting in peace.

Undertaker gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Masked Americans Vs. Bill Irwin and Mabel

Mabel is fighting Sycho Sid at a Pay Per View and yet he's doing the job to the Masked Americans on Superstars. I wonder who will win between Mabel and Sid............. This one was kept short thankfully. And again the announcers chose to talk about "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty instead of the match. Mabel ended up walking out on Irwin which allowed the Masked Americans to take Irwin out with a double flapjack. Afterwards, Mabel screamed "I'm tired of the mistreatment! Sid I'm going to take you out and prove a point!"

67, 64, 71 *1\2

Hardy Boyz video

*please note that this is the same video shown on Monday Night Raw*

Another video hyping the debut of the Hardy Boyz is shown, It shows some footage of the Hardy Boyz wrestling at live events. It shows Matt hitting the Twist Of Fate to someone while Jeff comes off the top with his Swanton Bomb. We're shown both Matt and Jeff at their home in North Carolina. Matt and Jeff talk about how their dreams are coming through. They say that the just want to perform in front of the crowd whether they boo or cheer them. They say their dream was to become Superstars of the World Wrestling Federation and now their dreams have come dream. They promise to give the fans everything they have each and every night they're out there. Matt and Jeff promise to make an impact.

Matt Hardy gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Sean Waltman comes off the top with the Six Kick to Jake Roberts! (Friday Night Mayhem 7/5/96)

D'lo Brown Vs. Kama with Ted DiBiase

D'lo and Kama didn't seem to work well together. But the crowd was into pretty much everything Brown did. Kama jumped the young man from behind and beat him down through out most of the match. This time Cole and Kelly didn't talk about "Party Boy" but instead they talked about tomorrow night's Monday Night Raw and if we'll find out who the third man for Michaels' and Warrior's team will be. Cole thought that maybe it would be someone who we haven't seen in awhile........... Kama worked over Brown and ended up going for the Supreme Driver, Brown escaped and hit Kama with right hands. D'lo hit Kama with a few of his signature maneuvers and followed up with the Sky High. Brown then came off the top with the Lo Down for the win. Superstars went off the air with D'lo Brown celebrating his win.

77, 79, 75 **1/4

Overall Rating- 77

TV Rating- 2.59

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 2.97

Attendance- 7,015

Ticket Sales- $280,600

SWF Sunday

TV Rating- 2.21

Attendance- 404

Ticket Sales- $8,080

Notes

"Kama and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Brian Christopher? I think our styles would really work well together."- D'lo Brown

"Our ratings battle with Worldwide is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

Guest Prototype

Good Raw and Mayhem. I like Austin and Snow as tag champs. Not real sure how Yoko and Fatu will work out as a team, but it could work. Hart and Jarrett at INY should be good. Now I dont know who HBK and Warrior's partner will be. Maybe Ahmed Johnson?

user posted image

Date: July 8, 1996

Tonight we're going to witness perhaps the biggest main event in Monday Night Raw history! Tonight it'll be the team of Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior teaming up to face Vader and British Bulldog! Michaels and Warrior have got to be fuming over being attacked by Camp Cornette last week as we went off the air. Tonight is their chance for revenge. Will Michaels and Warrior announce their partner for In Your House tonight? You don't wanna miss this huge tag team main event!

Last Friday night we saw Jeff Jarrett injure Bret Hart's leg, The bad news is that "The Hitman" has suffered a minor injury and will probably not be able to wrestle at In Your House. Before the night began, Ric Flair and Bret Hart had a meeting and we're going to show it all tonight!

Matches for Monday Night Raw

The Headbangers take on the debuting Hardy Boyz. We've seen videos of the Hardy Boyz for weeks now but can they back it up in the ring?

Owen Hart no doubt has the six men tag match on his mind, But tonight Owen will defend the Intercontinental Championship against Rick Martel! Martel has made such an impressive return to the ring and he's now been granted with a title shot! Can Martel win this one and become the new Intercontinental Champion? Or will Owen retain the title?

Last week, The Smoking Gunns were shafted out of the tag titles. But tonight they have a chance to get right back to the title picture! The bad news is they face the team of Fatu and Yokozuna! With the winners meeting Austin and Snow at In Your House! Who will win this big match up? Will Billy continue his mean streak?

Bob Holly has the uneasy task of facing that monster Albert. Last week we saw Albert destroy Hakushi and put Hakushi on the shelf with a neck injury! Then on Friday night, Albert took out the phenom with three A-Bombs! This young member of The Corporation seems ready for his match with Undertaker at In Your House, But tonight he's got to go through Bob Holly!

And in tonight's main event, Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior face British Bulldog and Vader!

We'll also hear from Jeff Jarrett and his manager Rick Rude! And Bob Backlund will also be on Monday Night Raw! What does Backlund have to say after being Powerbombed by Sid last week?

user posted image

Date: July 8, 1996

Attendance: 10,045

Ticket Sales: $401,800

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior facing Vader and British Bulldog!

Hardy Boyz defeated The Headbangers

This is the debut of the Hardy Boyz. The crowd was dead silent for this one despite the hype put into Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy. The Hardy Boyz wore colorful tights with the words "desire" and "destiny" on them. Hardy Boyz started this one off with some quick offense on Mosh and Thrasher hitting stereo drop kicks to The Headbangers. The Hardy Boyz tossed The Headbangers out to the floor and both men came off the top turnbuckle with body presses to both Mosh and Thrasher out on the floor! JR said that Matt and Jeff were quicker than a water bug. The Hardy rolled their opponents back into the ring and hit some impressive high risk offense on both Mosh and Thrasher. The Hardy Boyz hit a double team move on Thrasher in the corner called the poetry in motion sending Thrasher out to the floor! Matt hit Mosh with a version of the neck breaker called for Twist Of Fate and Jeff followed up with a Swanton Bomb off the top to Mosh! Jeff Hardy covered Mosh and got the one, two, three. Afterwards, The Hardy Boyz posed on the turnbuckles with the announcers hyping these two young men as the future tag team of wrestling.

79, 59, 100 ****1\4

Jeff Hardy debuted his new gimmick (daredevil), it got a positive response.

Matt Hardy debuted his new gimmick (daredevil), it got a positive response.

Mosh debuted his new gimmick (grunge).

Bret Hart not able to compete?

Earlier today

We cut to the back where we see Commissioner Ric Flair walking. Flair passes some "enhancement" talent and says hi to them. Flair asks where Bret Hart's locker room is and they tell him to go right. Flair goes right and sees a door with "Bret Hart" on it. Flair comes into the locker room and we see Bret Hart on a bench with his leg in a walking cast.

Bret Hart- Commissioner Flair what can I do for you?

Ric Flair- Well I heard you were injured and I had to see it for myself. I want you to know that Jeff Jarrett will be punished for what he did to you.

Bret Hart- I hope he is punished for it, But I don't want the World Wrestling Federation to do it. I want to do it by myself. At In Your House.

Ric Flair- I don't think you're going to be able to wrestle at In Your House with that injured leg Bret. It looks pretty badly. I mean you're in a walking cast.

Bret Hart- I'll be ready for In Your House don't worry.

Ric Flair- That's what I wanted to know, I talked to the doctor and he said you need atleast three weeks off. There's no way you'll be ready for In Your House. Especially against a wrestler like Jeff Jarrett.

Bret Hart- Come on Flair! I want to get revenge on him! I want to make him pay for what he did to me!

Ric Flair- And you will in due time, But there's no way I'm going to let you wrestle with a injured leg. I'll tell you what Bret, You don't wrestle until your leg heals. And then you get Jeff Jarrett in the ring one on one whenever you want!

Bret Hart- I want him in Canada! I want him in front of my countrymen.

Ric Flair- Well it ain't gonna happen, I'm sorry but I can't let you wrestle with a injury. I can't let you go out there and get hurt. You'll get Jarrett after your three weeks are up. Until then you rest the leg. You can show up for the shows and hell you can even beat down Jarrett. But you won't wrestle him at In Your House.

Bret Hart- That's not right! The man injures me like this and he gets to wait until my leg heals. It won't be one hundred percent for a long time. No matter what some doctor told you. He can't get away with this!

Ric Flair- Oh no, He'll be wrestling at In Your House. Against a suitable replacement. And he won't find out who it is until In Your House. How's that?

Bret Hart- It would be better if I was in there against him! I mean how do I know he won't back out when it's time for him to go up against me?

Ric Flair- He won't. If Jarrett tries to weasel his way out of a match with you, Then he'll be suspended for a year without pay!

Bret Hart- Who's going to be his opponent at In Your House then? Who's the suitable replacement?

Ric Flair- I don't know yet, But it will be someone who can kick Jarrett's ass. That I do know!

Bret Hart- All right, I won't wrestle until my leg is close to being healed. But you got to give me Jarrett one on one without Rick Rude getting involved.

Ric Flair- Done.

Bret Hart- And I want to be at In Your House watching the match from ringside just to make sure Rude doesn't interfere.

Ric Flair- Sounds good to me.

Bret Hart- Good, You tell Jeff Jarrett that I'll stay out of the ring for three weeks. But I'll still show up the shows. I'll be a pain in his ass! I'll be bothering him until my three weeks are up!

Ric Flair- He deserves it after he did to you. Just don't get out of line like he did.

Bret Hart- I won't get out of line until I get him in the ring. I'm going to make him pay for what he did to me.

Ric Flair- Just remember that you'll get him after your three weeks are up. Rest the leg and you'll get in the ring with him.

Flair leaves the locker room while Bret Hart looks on.

Bret Hart- I might not be able to wrestle him, But I'm going to make his life a living hell from now on until this leg gets better and I will show him what revenge is all about in these three weeks. I'll be back in action on July 29th by my calculations. And then it'll be me and Jeff Jarrett in that ring. You said three weeks and that's all I'm waiting.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

D'lo Brown wants that Million Dollar Championship!

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with D'lo Brown's music hitting the arena to a great ovation from the fans. The young man comes down to the ring as McMahon and Ross hype his big match with Sean Waltman at In Your House.

D'lo Brown- You know something? I have always wanted to be a pro wrestler. Ever since I was a little kid. That's all I wanted to do is wrestle. I'm twenty five years old and I'd like to think my career is going well. I haven't won any titles yet but I made it far in the King Of The Ring. I've faced several top wrestlers and won. And hell I'm going to wrestle at my first Pay Per View. I'll be wrestling Sean Waltman at In Your House for the Million Dollar Championship. I'm looking forward to it because Sean Waltman has already done so much in the WWF and he's only twenty three years old. I heard what Waltman said. And he's right. He's an amazing athlete. One of the best young wrestlers the WWF has. But he ain't better than me. Sean Waltman ain't better than D'lo Brown. And Ted DiBiase talks about me cleaning his pool and fetching him his towels? Well if Ted DiBiase gets in my way at In Your House, Then I'll knock him right on his old ass! Sean Waltman I don't care about the Million Dollar Championship. Hell I'd probably pawn it off after I won it. It's worthless! Forty pounds of diamonds? Fine with me, That'll make me alot of cash in the hood! Sean Waltman the question is whatchu gonna do at In Your House when there's danger knocking at the door and we ain't playing games anymore! I'm gonna whip your scrawny ass all over Canada! Them Canadians ain't never gonna see something like what D'lo Brown gonna do to you! Hell I'm begging Ted DiBiase to get involved. Because there's nothing more than I'd love to do than to put him down with the Lo Down! And after I prove what a big superstar I am, I'll..........................

D'lo Brown is interrupted by the music of Ted DiBiase which hits the arena to boos from the crowd. Ted DiBiase comes down to the ring with a smile on his face.

D'lo Brown- What the hell do you want DiBiase?

Ted DiBiase- I'm not here to fight you "bro". I'm here to talk business.

D'lo Brown- Business? I ain't got nothing to talk to you about! You talked a butt load of trash about me on Friday night! Why in the hell would I want to talk business with you?

Ted DiBiase- Look here's the deal Brown. My pool boy Pablo recently quit. I don't know the whole story but he's not cleaning my pools anymore. And I thought you'd be the perfect man for it! I mean you know you have no chance of beating Sean Waltman don't you? And after he beats you, You'll be having to work on the streets to earn a living. You'll never be a World Wrestling Federation superstar. You'll never be anything. So take the job I'm offering you. And who knows? Maybe I'll promote you to pooper scooper! Muuuuuuhaaaaaaa!

D'lo looks at DiBiase and decks DiBiase in the face! Brown starts stomping the holy hell out of DiBiase! Wait! Here's comes Sean Waltman! Waltman comes into the ring with the Million Dollar Championship. Waltman swings the title but Brown ducks it! Brown nails Waltman with right hands! Waltman rakes Brown in the eyes and goes for a spinning heel kick but Brown ducks and hits the Sky High to Waltman! D'lo points to the turnbuckles! It's time for the Lo Down! Brown heads up top as Waltman lays flat on the canvas, DiBiase gets up and shakes the ropes causing Brown to lose his balance! Waltman grabs the Million Dollar Championship and nails D'lo over the head with it making Brown fall down to the canvas in a sitting position near the turnbuckle............ Waltman rides Brown down with a bronco buster! Waltman lifts Brown up and DiBiase slaps Brown across the face! Waltman hits Brown with a spinning back heel kick and Brown is out! DiBiase laughs and hands Waltman the Million Dollar Championship. Waltman raises the title high in the air while D'lo Brown has been left destroyed!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Owen Hart© Vs. Rick Martel

What a great match up here, The only bad thing is it wasn't given enough time. I'm sure if Owen and Martel are given enough time that they'll put on a classic match up. McMahon said that Cornette wasn't at ringside due to him preparing Bulldog and Vader for the main event. Rick Martel started this one off by jumping Owen Hart from behind! Martel didn't show any mercy for Owen and pounded the hell out of the "King Of Harts". McMahon claimed that Owen might not be focused on this match due to his concern about tonight's main event and the six men tag match at In Your House. Martel threw Owen out to the floor and rammed Owen's head into the steel steps! Martel then sent Owen shoulder first into the steps as well! They went back into the ring and Owen hit Martel in the back of the head with the enziguri kick! This allowed Owen to slow things down and worked over Martel's legs. McMahon and Ross said that the crowd was 50/50 cheering and booing both men even though Martel got a big pop during his entrance. Owen went for the Sharpshooter several times but Martel kept reversing it into pin fall situations. Owen caught Martel with a spinning heel kick to once again allow Owen to wear down the forty year old star. Owen ended up locking Martel into the Sharpshooter! Martel fought and eventually made it to the ropes! No one could believe it! Owen went up top but Martel threw him off sending the champion crashing down to the canvas! Martel made the comeback and started hitting Owen with right hands and chops! Martel atomic dropped Owen and hit a big bulldog to Owen! Martel ended up taking Owen down with a big spinebuster and locking Owen into the Québec Crab! Owen tried to make it to the ropes but Martel dragged him to the center of the ring! Owen was locked into the hold for a long time until he finally grabbed the ropes to huge heat from the fans. Martel went to lift Owen up, But Owen rolled Martel up and hooked the tights to score the 1,2,3! The fans booed as Owen Hart grabbed his title and ran to the back! Jim Ross claimed that Rick Martel had the title won if it wasn't for Owen's cheating ways!

87, 87, 88 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Who is the dominant couple?

Monday Night Raw returns from the break with the music of Goldust hitting the arena to boos from the fans. Goldust and Marlena come down to the ring with Ross and McMahon wondering what they have to say. Marlena is handed a microphone and she prepares to speak.

Marlena- I know all you people aren't booing us because you dislike us. It's because you're all jealous of Goldust and myself. How many of you people look as good as you? How many of you people have starred in movies like Goldust has? Goldust has many awards. He's nothing like you people. He's also a former WWF Intercontinental Champion. And at In Your House it'll be me and Goldust against Sable and Marc Mero. Sable do you know what you're in for at In Your House? I'm not wrestler but if you corner me I'm like an animal, I'll strike.

Goldust- Now, Now Marlena. You don't want to hurt Sable do you? After all we could have her star in one of our movies. Marc Mero could also be in one of our movies. He's a "Wildman". I just have to wonder how wild he truly is. Mero and Sable we don't want to have a fight at In Your House. It could be just like a movie. Marlena will direct it and me and you guys could star in it. I wonder if you and sable have made movies. If you've ever won any kind of awards for your movies. I have. I've been in over one hundred movies. All big hits. And I want you two to join me in my next one. It'll be at In Your House. We can have our own Canadian invasion then.

Marlena- You people shouldn't boo us, Some of you could be in our movies. It takes a special kind of person to be in a shattered dreams production. And I see some young stars in the crowd. I see some young stars in the making. Some of you could be the next big Hollywood star. I want you people to............

Marlena's interrupted by the music of Marc Mero to a big pop from the crowd, Marc Mero and Sable stand on the RAW entrance way looking disgusted at the comments Goldust and Marlena just made.

Marc Mero- What the hell is wrong with you freaks? You two are sick! You two should be locked up in a institute! You don't belong in the World Wrestling Federation! You two are freaks! You two are going to get some sense knocked in your heads at In Your House by me and my wife! You two need to get some sense beaten into you! I'll deal with you Goldust and I'm sure Sable can teach Marlena a thing or two.

Goldust- Such confidence in themselves, That's what I like. That's what I like to see. Hey Marc maybe you can let me and Marlena borrow Sable for a movie? We promise to bring her back in one piece.

Marc Mero looks like he's had enough! Mero runs down to the ring and tackles Goldust! Mero hammers Goldust with right hands! Marlena kicks Mero in the back and jumps onto Mero's back. Sable comes running down to the ring as Mero pulls Marlena off of him! Sable and Marlena get into it! The crowd starts booing as officials come down from the back. They pull the two ladies off of each other and hold Mero and Goldust back. Mero and Sable look ready to strike as Monday Night raw goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Number One Contenders Match

Winners Get A WWF Tag Team Championship Match At In Your House "Canadian Invasion"

Yokozuna and Fatu Vs. Smoking Gunns

Billy Gunn continued showing his mean streak. Billy attacked Fatu from behind to get this one started. The crowd was pretty divided having no idea who they'd rather win. But they did boo the Smoking Gunns at times. Hell anytime Billy was in the ring they'd boo him. It seems like the fans don't like Billy's new found mean streak. Billy and Bart seemed to be having problems as well. Billy wouldn't tag out and Bart didn't seem to like Billy's new found attitude. Billy did tag out to Bart who got taken out by a big oriental chop by Yokozuna. Fatu and Yokozuna isolated Bart for awhile and beat him down with some boring fat guy offense. Bart eventually took them both out with clotheslines and tagged in Billy to a mixed reaction. Billy came into the ring and started cleaning house. Bart ended up brawling with Yokozuna on the outside leaving Billy alone with Fatu. Billy hit the Rocker Dropper to Fatu but the referee was on the outside! Steve Austin and Al Snow came running down from the back! Austin distracted the referee and Snow hit Billy in the back of the head with one of the tag titles! Snow rolled Fatu over on top of Billy! Bart was still fighting Yokozuna as Snow and Austin fled the scene! The referee came into the ring and counted the 1,2,3 awarding the win to Fatu and Yokozuna! Afterwards, Yokozuna helped Fatu to the back while Bart checked on Billy. Billy snapped and started arguing with Bart. Billy then hit the referee with a right hand! Billy went to beat up the referee some more but Bart pulled Billy off of the referee! Billy cursed at Bart (which was bleeped) and left the ring! Bart stood in the ring and checked on the official.

77, 78, 75 **1/4

Jarrett and Rude are not happy!

We cut to the back where Jeff Jarrett and his manager Rick Rude are standing by.

Rick Rude- We are not happy men! And you want to know why? Because Ric Flair has screwed us! Ric Flair who do you think you are? You can't change matches as you wish! Jeff Jarrett wanted Bret Hart at Canadian Invasion! Not some replacement! Bret Hart is faking the leg injury. Three weeks? How does a leg injury heal in three weeks? Oh yeah he won't be at "one hundred percent". That BS and everyone knows it! The fact of the matter is Hart got yellow! He got scared of losing in his own country! Bret Hart is a coward! He's a damn liar too!

Jeff Jarrett- A replacement? There ain't nobody I want to face except for you hart! You're faking the leg injury and everyone knows it. Your injury is fake! I know I hurt you last Friday night but not that badly! You're scared of losing to me in Canada! That's a fact! You know it "Hitman!" And you want to be at ringside for the match? Fine with me! I don't care who Flair puts in there against me! I'll still mop the floor with whoever it is. I'm gonna make you have to sit through it and watch me beat whoever the replacement is like a dog!

Rick Rude- Bret Hart you say you're going to make Jeff Jarrett's life hell for the next three weeks? You think you'll get to us? You're injured! You can't do anything! You can barely move your leg! And you said three weeks? Fine we can't touch you until July 29th then? Good......... We can make you watch what happens in those three weeks. You can watch what happens when you're put in the ring with Jeff Jarrett!

Jeff Jarrett- I can wait three weeks to get to you Hart, I can wait easily. I know you're a lying bastard but I can wait. On July 29th all bets are off! I'm going to want your ass in the ring on July 29th one way or another! And then I'll really cripple you! I can wait to hurt you some more. And this time I'll make sure your injury is real!

Rick Rude- We're not happy and Jeff Jarrett's going to take it out on whoever gets inside the ring with him at In Your House!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Albert with Ted DiBiase Vs. Bob Holly

Squash match here to show how much of a hoss Albert truly is and to show what a bad ass he is by squashing Bob Holly in preparation for Undertaker at In Your House. Last week Albert botched a press slam pretty badly dropping Hakushi right on his head which injured Hakushi's neck putting him on the shelf for eight months with a neck injury. So of course McMahon and Ross made it seem like Albert really did want to injure Hakushi making him out to be the baddest hoss in all of the World Wrestling Federation. This one was pretty decent for a squash match. Holly gave Albert some fight early on but Albert quickly took him out with a clothesline. Albert tossed Holly around the ring and put Holly down with a huge press slam. Albert lifted Holly up and delivered the A-Bomb to score the win! Albert wasn't done yet and delivered a second A-Bomb to Holly! Albert lifted Holly back up and went for a third A-Bomb but the lights went off the bells started to toll while the purple lights came on. When the regular lights returned, Albert looked a bit freaked out! DiBiase told him to calm down as Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break.

76, 74, 78 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bob Backlund will not give up!

Bob Backlund makes his way down to the ring as Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break. McMahon reminds us that last week Backlund tried to become Sid's manager and ended up getting Powerbombed for his troubles. Backlund grabs a microphone and the former WWF Champion does not look happy at the fans booing him.

Bob Backlund- Why am I out here again? Why is Bob Backlund out here again you ask? Because I'm going to ask Sycho Sid again to let me be his manager! Sid I know why you beat me up last week. It was a test. A test to see how tough I am! Sid I know you want Bob Backlund as your manager. Just say yes Sid! Just let me manage you! I can take you to the top of the World Wrestling Federation! Sid with me by your side you'll be unbeatable! Sid last week you Powerbombed me and I don't care. I know it was a test! I'm back big man! It's now time for you to be managed by Bob Backlund! It's time Sid! It's time! So come on down here and give me what I got coming!

Backlund doesn't need to wait long as Sid's music hits the arena to a huge ovation from the fans. Sid comes down to the ring and stares Bob Backlund in the eyes. Backlund attempts to speak but Sid grabs Backlund by the throat and Choke Slams Backlund! Sid stares at Backlund's prone body and lifts Backlund up. Powerbomb to Bob Backlund! The crowd goes wild as Sid grabs the microphone.

Sycho Sid- Now look here you lunatic! I don't want or need a manager! And you'd be the last guy I'd want as a manager! You just leave me alone you maniac! If you come out here again and ask me to manage you, I will hurt you alot worse than I already have!

Sid drops the microphone down on Backlund and heads to the back.

Interview with Vader, British Bulldog and James E. Cornette

We cut to the interview area where Dok Hendrix is standing by with Vader, British Bulldog and their manager James E. Cornette.

Dok Hendrix- Bulldog, Vader tonight you two team up to face the team of the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior. We're nearing In Your House and we have no idea on who the partner for Michaels and Warrior will be. Aren't you guys concerned over who they'll pick?

James E. Cornette- Are we concerned? Of course not! Why should we be concerned? We know no one is going to sign up to be their partner! No one is crazy enough to be put in the ring with Camp Cornette! Michaels and Warrior will be all by themselves at In Your House with no partner! I don't know anyone who's tough enough to face Camp Cornette. Michaels and Warrior ain't got too many friends in the back! They won't have a partner It'll be three against two at In Your House! And that's the way I like it! Killing two birds with one stones at In Your House! Michaels and Warrior can't fight three men. Not three men the caliber of Vader, Bulldog and Owen Hart!

Dok Hendrix- Tonight it's Bulldog and Vader against Ultimate Warrior and Shawn Michaels. Michaels and Warrior are not happy after what happened to them last Monday night. They're going to be coming at you guys hard. Are you guys concerned about this match?

James E. Cornette- Why would they be concerned? They're not afraid of anybody! Warrior and Michaels got beat down last week. They know that they can't beat these men. Michaels tonight it'll be the first time you're in the ring with Vader, Enjoy your In Your House and SummerSlam previews. And Warrior, I know that Davey Boy wants some payback on you. Last week wasn't enough for Camp Cornette. We're going to pound you guys some more tonight.

British Bulldog- Warrior last time we were in the ring together you were able to beat me. Well you and your cheating ways beat me! Tonight I'm looking for revenge! You know what it's like to be on the receiving end of a Bulldog beating. And Shawn Michaels, I haven't forgotten about the last time we were in that ring together as well. I almost beat you to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion. If Vader can't get the title off of you, Then I will Michaels. You and Warrior are dead meat tonight!

Vader- Michaels I have been looking to get inside that ring with you for a long time boy. You're the big man around here aren't you? The World Wrestling Federation Champion? Well lets see how much of a man you are when you're in that ring with me. I'm going to run right over your pretty boy ass tonight Michaels! You'll know what real pain is like when you're in there with me. You'll get your In Your House and SummerSlam previews right here tonight. And Warrior, We've been in that ring before and you know what I can do. If you get in my face I'll be forced to beat you down like I did last week! All these people are going to know that tonight is Vader time!

James E. Cornette- Camp Cornette is stronger than ever and we're going to take out both Michaels and Warrior once and for all!

Dok Hendrix- Fans can Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior overcome the odds and beat Bulldog and Vader? What will happen? Find out when Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty comes flying off the top with the Party Boy Dance! (Superstars 7/7/96)

Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior Vs. Vader and British Bulldog with James E. Cornette

Michaels and Warrior came ready for a fight and attacked Davey Boy Smith and Vader right from the opening bell! Warrior went at it with Vader while Michaels and Bulldog slugged it out! Warrior clotheslined both Vader and Bulldog out to the floor and Michaels followed up by coming off the top turnbuckle with a moonsault to both Vader and Bulldog out on the floor! Warrior and Michaels beat Vader and Bulldog down on the floor! Warrior smacked Vader's head into the steps while Michaels sent the Bulldog shoulder first to the steel ring post! They went back into the ring with Michaels and Bulldog being the legal men. Michaels out wrestled Bulldog and Davey Boy was forced to tag in Vader. Michaels went right after Vader but Vader easily bullied the smaller Michaels and threw the champion to the corner. Vader avalanched Michaels right into the corner! Vader hammered Michaels with right hands to the face! Vader and Bulldog isolated Michaels and used their power advantage over the WWF Champion. Bulldog gorilla slammed Michaels and connected with the stalling vertical suplex gaining near falls on Michaels. Vader on the other hand just pounded Michaels with right hands. Bulldog was able to toss Michaels out to the floor which allowed Vader to drop Michaels down across the steel guardrail! Vader ended up slamming Michaels down. Vader went for the Vader Bomb but Michaels moved out of the way and Vader hit the canvas! Michaels hit Vader with the flying forearm and nipped up! Michaels tagged in Warrior! Warrior came into the ring and started cleaning house! Warrior clotheslined Vader and Bulldog! Warrior knocked Vader down with the flying shoulder tackle! Bulldog was knocked down by another Warrior clothesline! Michaels sent Bulldog out to the floor and both men got into it on the outside leaving Vader and Warrior in the ring. Warrior hit Vader with another shoulder tackle and called for the Warrior Press Slam! Owen Hart came running down from the back with a steel chair! Hart got into the ring and waffled Warrior right over the head with it causing a disqualification! Michaels came into the ring and Hart nailed Michaels with the chair as well! Cornette told his men to continue the beating! Vader lifted Michaels up and powerbombed Michaels while Bulldog hit Warrior with the Running Powerslam! Camp Cornette stood over the bodies of Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior as Monday Night Raw went off the air. Who's going to be the third man?

79, 81, 75 **1/4

Overall Rating- 79

TV Rating- 7.83

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.48

Attendance- 7,514

Ticket Sales- $300,560

SWF Tuesday

TV Rating- 0.95

Attendance- 402

Ticket Sales- $8,040

Notes

"Vader was working too stiffly, i could have been badly hurt."- Shawn Michaels

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

user posted image

Date: July 12, 1996

Last Monday night we saw the team of Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior left laid out by Vader, Owen Hart and British Bulldog. We still do not know who's going to be the third man for Michaels' and Warrior's team at In Your House. Tonight all three members of Camp Cornette will be in action! In the main event it'll be Vader squaring off against Ahmed Johnson! This will no doubt be a great match up between these two power houses.

Jeff Jarrett isn't happy due to having to face a mystery opponent at In Your House. Jarrett was suppose to wrestle Bret Hart but last week, Jarrett and Rude injured Hart's leg. Hart won't be able to return for atleast three weeks! And if Jarrett or Rude lay a hand on Bret Hart before the three weeks are up then both men are suspended without pay! Tonight we'll be hearing from Jeff Jarrett and Rick Rude.

Bob Backlund is still failing to get Sid to let him manage him. Tonight Bob Backlund will once again try to get Sid to let him by his manager. Will Sid finally cave in? Or will he Powerbomb Backlund again?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

D'Lo Brown faces the King Of The Ring, Hunter Hearst Helmsley! Both these men are what the New Generation is all about and they will no doubt put on one heck of a match!

Owen Hart and British Bulldog face the Smoking Gunns. Billy Gunn has changed alot since losing the tag team titles. Will this help them tonight against their former rivals? These two teams have had wars this year for the tag titles. Tonight it's all about pride!

Marc Mero faces the psychotic Cactus Jack. Last week we saw Jack and Albert lay out the phenom. Jack must be happy because we haven't seen Undertaker since last week! But tonight he better worry about Mero because Mero can put anyone away!

Yokozuna and Fatu are the number one contenders for the WWF Tag Team Championship, Tonight they face Kama and Chris Chavis of The Corporation. Will Austin and Snow get involved in their fellow Corporation members match with the men they'll face at In Your House?

And Vader faces Ahmed Johnson in the main event! This one has slobber knocker written all over it!

Plus we'll hear from Bob Backlund, Jeff Jarrett! All this and much more!

user posted image

Date: July 12, 1996

Attendance: 10,027

Ticket Sales: $401,080

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Vader facing Ahmed Johnson!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. D'Lo Brown

Helmsley and D'Lo have been asking for a match for sometime and it turned out to be a great match between these young wrestlers in the New WWF Generation. They faced in the King Of The Ring Tournament during the Quarter Finals with Helmsley winning it after a hard fought battle. Brown was definitely pissed off about Monday Night Raw as he didn't put up with Helmsley's posing and attacked Helmsley! D'Lo punches Helmsley in the face multiple times in the corner! Brown tossed Helmsley out to the floor and hit a plancha to the 1996 King Of The Ring. Brown went to send Helmsley to the steels steps but "King" Helmsley reversed it and Brown hit the steps shoulder first! Helmsley then hit a big suplex to Brown on the padded floor! They went back into the ring and Helmsley caught D'Lo with a high knee to the face. Helmsley worked over D'Lo's back locking D'Lo into abdominal stretch. Helmsley even used the ropes for leverage but the referee saw it and kicked Helmsley's arm off the ropes! Helmsley kept working over D'Lo's back and eventually set Brown up for the Pedigree. Brown countered and catapulted Helmsley into the turnbuckles! Brown made his comeback and started gaining several near falls on Helmsley. Brown went for a spinning heel kick but Helmsley ducked and Brown hit the referee! Brown caught Helmsley with the Sky High and headed up top! Brown came flying off the top with the Lo Down to Helmsley! Brown covered but there was no referee! Sean Waltman came running down from the back with the Million Dollar Championship and nailed Helmsley right in the back of the head with it! Waltman left the ring with the gold! Helmsley lifted D'Lo up and drilled him with the Pedigree! Helmsley rolled Brown over and covered! The referee came to and made the three count! "King" Helmsley posed to boos from the crowd while D'Lo Brown was left out cold. Dok said that D'Lo would be pretty angry at Waltman come In Your House.

91, 89, 94 ****1\4

Bob Backlund still wants Sid!

We cut to the back where Bob Backlund is standing by! Backlund is wearing a Sycho Sid t-shirt!

Bob Backlund- Sid! Sid don't worry! I'm not mad at you my friend! Why would I be? So you Choke Slammed me and you Powerbombed me! It's not big deal! I know you're putting me through a test. And Bob Backlund is passing with flying colors aren't I? Yes I am. Sid you want to see how loyal I am? Well I keep coming back to try to be your manager. Sid I won't give up on you! Tonight I want to go face to face with you again. This time you'll accept me! This time you'll say yes! You want Bob Backlund as your manager! You know you do! Sid I will be your manager or you will be forced to face the consequences. And you don't wanna make me mad.......... You and I later on, We'll talk it out like men in the ring. Don't make a mistake again Sid.............. Look at this shirt I'm wearing, It looks great on me. Sid you and I could rule the World Wrestling Federation. All you have to do is say yes............. I'll see you later on Sid.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with the Smoking Gunns

We return from the commercial break with Michael Cole standing by with the Smoking Gunns.

Michael Cole- Well Billy Gunn requested this interview, What's on your mind?

Billy Gunn- You damn right I requested this interview. I am sick and tired of being screwed around by the World Wrestling Federation! I am sick and tired of always getting shafted out of a win! I should have never lost the Tag Team Championship! And then we lose to those two fat pieces of crap known as Yokozuna and Fatu? What the hell is up with that? Al Snow and Steve Austin got hell to pay! I'm sick of everyone treating me like I'm some kind of joke! I'm sick of everyone looking past me! I'm going to make everyone in the World Wrestling Federation fear the name Billy Gunn!

Michael Cole- Billy what's with the new found attitude? I mean you been jumping opponents from behind, Beating them after a match, You even attacked the referee! The fans aren't liking this attitude............

Billy Gunn- I don't give a horse's ass about what the fans think anymore! I never needed anyone backing me up! These fans don't like my attitude? Well they can kiss my ass! I'm looking out for myself and the good of this team! I'll

Bart Gunn- interrupting Billy come on man, You need to relax and take it easy........ Maybe

Billy Gunn- Shut up Bart! I'm tired of you too! You think these fans care about us? Hell no they don't! If they cared about us they wouldn't boo me! I'm looking out for us! You just keep your mouth shut and do as you're told! I'm leading us back to the titles! To hell with everyone else!

Michael Cole- Tonight you two take on Owen Hart and British Bulldog in tag team action. You've faced them many times and you've beaten them for the gold and they have beaten you for the gold as well. Tonight how do you guys plan on beating Owen and British Bulldog?

Billy Gunn- How do I plan on beating them? I will beat the hell out of those two! I will lead my brother Bart to victory! Bart you better not screw things around tonight! Owen and Bulldog you two know what it's like to be in the ring with the old Billy Gunn. But now there's a new Billy Gunn in town and he's going to show you how bad he can be!

Michael Cole- Fans we're going to take you to the ring for this tag team match up!

Smoking Gunns Vs. Owen Hart and British Bulldog with James E. Cornette

Bart looked disappointed in Billy as Billy attacked Owen Hart right off the bat. Perfect said that's what Billy Gunn's got to do to get the fans respect. Perfect says he likes the new Billy Gunn and only wishes Bart could follow his brother. The crowd was hot for this one since Owen and Bulldog are so hated. They did boo Billy a few times though. Billy pounded Owen in the corner risking disqualification several times! Billy tossed Owen around the ring and wouldn't tag out to Bart. Billy told Bart to watch how it's done! Billy press slammed Owen down and started posing for the crowd! This allowed Owen to tag out to Davey Boy Smith. Smith caught Billy with a clothesline as Billy turned around. Bulldog took Billy down with the stalling vertical suplex for a near fall. Owen and Bulldog kept Billy from Bart not allowing him to tag out to his older brother. Bulldog and Owen double teamed Billy several times. Billy was able to take both Owen and Bulldog out with clotheslines but Billy refused to tag out to Bart which allowed Owen to catch Billy with the enziguri kick! Owen and Bulldog continued giving Billy a beating. Owen ended up going for the Sharpshooter but Bart came into the ring and broke it up! Billy was finally able to take out Owen with the Rocker Dropper! But Billy again refused to tag Bart! Bart had enough and tagged himself into the match! Bart came into the ring and took both Owen and Bulldog out with clotheslines as Billy watched from the corner looking pissed off. Bart slammed Owen and then slammed Bulldog right on top of Owen! Billy went out to the floor with Owen leaving Bart and Bulldog in the ring. Bulldog took Bart down with the Running Powerslam but before he could cover, Warrior's music hit and Warrior came running down from the back with a steel chair! Bulldog and Owen quickly fled right through the crowd as Warrior chased them to the back! The Smoking Gunns were awarded the win by count out! Billy came into the ring and started yelling at Bart! Billy told Bart a count out didn't mean s*** (which was bleeped of course). Billy got face to face with Bart and started yelling at his older brother. Bart avoided a confrontation and headed to the back. Billy stayed in the ring looking angry as we went to a commercial break.

89, 90, 88 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Has Backlund lost his mind?

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Bob Backlund's music hitting the arena. The fans boo as Backlund comes out to the ring still wearing his Sycho Sid t-shirt.

Bob Backlund- Sid I know you've arrived. I know you're finally in the building. So come on down here and give me your answer. Yes or no to Bob Backlund? Remember that I will keep my word and take you right to the top of the World Wrestling Federation! Sid just remember that Bob Backlund is like George Washington, I cannot tell a lie! So come on down here and tell me that you want me as your manager!

Sid's music plays to a huge ovation and out comes Sid. Sid looks annoyed at Backlund while Backlund is all smiles. Sid gets into the ring and grabs a microphone from the ring announcer who's at ringside.

Sycho Sid- Bob Backlund what the hell is wrong with you? You come out here with a t-shirt with my face on it for God's sake! Those are for the fans not for you! And then you come out here again and tell me to let you manage me? Haven't you got it yet? I've Powerbombed you two weeks straight! I left you beat down like a dog for two straight weeks! I said I didn't want anyone managing me! I don't want a manager! I don't need a manager! You're the last guy I'd want backing me up! Look at you! You're a freak! I don't want you as a manager! The answer is no!

Bob Backlund- I'm not taking no for an answer Sid. Not today.

Sycho Sid- You don't seem to understand me, I don't care if you'll take no or not! I'm not letting you manage me! If you don't leave the ring right now I'll Powerbomb you once again! Got that?

Bob Backlund- Sid if you hurt me again, I'll be forced to bring him to the World Wrestling Federation. And he does not like when Bob gets hurt. He would have been here but I told him not to come.......... Not yet........ I told him that you'd let me manage you. You don't want to disappoint him now do you?

Sycho Sid- Stop with these games! Who's this person? I.............

Sid can't finish his sentence because 568 pounds of Mabel comes down to the ring! Mabel gets into the ring and clotheslines Sid from behind taking Sid down! Sid stands up and Mabel whips Sid into the corner! Mabel charges at Sid and avalanches Sid in the corner! Sid comes out of the corner right into a belly to belly suplex from the 1995 King Of The Ring! Mabel follows up by coming off the ropes with a leg drop to Sid! Backlund tries to save Sid but Mabel shoves Backlund down! Mabel then comes off the ropes with the Big Splash to Sid! Mabel follows up with another Big Splash to Sid! Backlund jumps Mabel from behind! Backlund tries to lock Mabel into the Chicken Wing but Mabel drives Backlund backwards right into the turnbuckles! Backlund walks right into a belly to belly from Mabel! Mabel hits Backlund with a Big Splash as well! Mabel grabs the microphone as the fans boo the big man.

Mabel- Sid listen up boy! I don't know what you got going on with this freak Bob Backlund, But I don't care! I'm gonna be at In Your House and I'm gonna be coming after you! I'm tired of these people not respecting me! I used to be one of the most feared Superstars of the New Generation! Now I'm nothing! It's time for Mabel to get back to the top of the World Wrestling Federation! And at In Your House I'm climbing back to the top by beating you!

Mabel drops the microphone down and heads to the back. Both Bob Backlund and Sycho Sid are left laid out. Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect wonder if Sid will change his mind after Backlund put himself on the line for Sid.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cactus Jack Vs. Marc Mero

Sable was going to come down to the ring with Mero, But Jack started looking at Sable with a psychotic look on his face so Mero told Sable to go to the back. Mero and Jack went at it right from the opening bell. Both men brawled inside and outside the ring. Jack sent both men out to the floor with a clothesline. Jack and Mero brawled out on the floor with Mero hip tossing Jack on the entrance way! Mero then send Jack into the steel steps knee first! Mero smacked Jack's legs right into the steel steps! They went back inside and Jack caught Mero with a clothesline. Jack threw Mero back out to the floor and came running off the apron with a cannonball to Mero! Jack then came off the apron with a elbow drop right to Mero's heart! Jack rammed Mero's head into the steel steps getting some revenge on "The Wildman"! Jack put Mero back into the ring and hit a big double arm hook DDT to Mero scoring a 2 count. Jack pounded Mero with right hands to the face in the corner as Hendrix and Perfect wondered what would happen in the feud between Jack and Undertaker next. Jack ended up going for a piledriver but Mero countered got a inside cradle for 2. Mero hit Jack with a few drop kicks and then took Jack down with a big tornado DDT! Mero was cooking now so to speak. Mero lifted Jack up and slammed Jack down. Mero came off the ropes with a big leg drop to Jack but Jack kicked out at 2! Mero came off the top with a cross body block but Jack rolled through on top of Mero and locked Mero into the Mandible Claw! Mero passed out and Jack was awarded the win! Jack looked the camera and told Undertaker he was next! Jack left the ring while the referee checked on Mero who appeared to be out cold! Goldust came running down from the back. Goldust crawled on top of Mero and gave "The Wildman" mouth to mouth! The announcers were stunned! Goldust got up off of Mero and posed. Mero slowly got up and he looked angry! Goldust turned around and Mero clotheslined Goldust out to the floor! Goldust ran to the back with Mero chasing him!

86, 87, 84 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bret Hart promises to make Jarrett's life a living hell!

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Jeff Jarrett's music hitting the arena to boos from the fans. Rick Rude and Jeff Jarrett come down to the ring as Dok Hendrix mentions that due to Jarrett's attack last week, Bret Hart won't be able to wrestle at In Your House. Hendrix also says that Jarrett cannot touch Hart until July 29th when is the day the cast comes off Hart's left leg. Hendrix says that Hart can do as he pleases to Jarrett though!

Rick Rude- You know the World Wrestling Federation is a very unfair place! Ric Flair does as he places. The guy thinks he owns the WWF. First he screws Jeff Jarrett out of the WWF Championship and then he makes Jeff Jarrett fight some "suitable replacement" at In Your House. Jeff signed on to face Bret Hart! No one else! And now the match is canceled due to Bret Hart's "injuries"? That's BS and everyone knows it!

Jeff Jarrett- Everyone knows Bret Hart is faking it! He's not injured! He's scared of losing to me in Canada! He knows I'll embarrass him in front of his home country! He's afraid of me and he knows it! Bret Hart knows I would have owned his ass in Canada! And now he's in a cast! That's so fake and he knows it. Bret Hart is afraid of Double J. He knows I'm the future of the World Wrestling Federation. He knows I'm the man around here. Bret Hart knows he can't beat me. That's why he faked an injury. He's afraid of facing me in the ring one on one. Bret Hart is a damn coward and everyone knows it.

Rick Rude- And that's not the worse news, Bret Hart gets to do whatever he wants while being injured and Jeff Jarrett can't touch him? That's not right! Bret Hart is going to bother Jarrett for three weeks without Jeff being able to do a thing! That's just not fair! If Bret Hart was a man, He'd stay out of Double J's business until July 29th. Hell Bret Hart should go back home and stay there until his three weeks are up.

Jeff Jarrett- And Bret Hart gets to be at ringside for In Your House? What kind of stupid idea are that! If Bret Hart tries to cost me the match I'll send Rick Rude after him! I'll..........

Jeff Jarrett interrupted by the music of Bret "The Hitman" Hart! The crowd goes wild as Hart stands on top of the entry way with his crutches. His left leg is in a walking cast.

Bret Hart- Sorry to interrupt the two of you girls but I couldn't stay in the back and listen to your whining any longer. I............

Jeff Jarrett- Why don't you hop along to the back now? If you push me too far I'll kick you right in the injured leg!

Bret Hart- If you do that, Not only will you get suspended for a year without pay. But then when I'm healed up, I'll go after you myself Jeff! And you don't want a healthy BretHart going after you.

Rick Rude- He beat a healthy Bret Hart up didn't he?

Bret Hart- Yeah with a steel chair! And help from you Rick Rude! Lets see him do it one on one in three weeks time. I don't care if I'll be one hundred percent by then. I just want you in the ring. Jeff Jarrett these few weeks that I got left with the cast will be like no other. I get to bother you as much as I want. And if you or your boy Rude touch me in any way the both of you are suspended without pay for a year! I could come down to the ring and cost you matches, I could go out and trash your locker room. I could do anything I want to you. And you'd just have to take it. That'd drive you insane wouldn't it Jeff? And after I'm off this walking cast, I'll get you in the ring. So I get to bother you all I want and after that you're all mine in the ring without Rick Rude interfering! Jeff Jarrett all I need is one match with you. I can beat you in one match and prove to everyone that you're not the best. You're nothing without Rude backing you up. I'm the excellence of execution and I'm a former three time WWF Champion. But most importantly, I am the best there is, The best there was and the best there ever will be! And In three weeks time you and I are going to be in the ring!

Hart's music plays as Hart heads to the back. Jarrett and Rude stay in the ring not looking too happy over what Hart just said.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Yokozuna and Fatu Vs. Kama and Chris Chavis with Ted DiBiase

Yokozuna and Fatu will be facing Al Snow and Steve Austin who are also members of The Corporation. Chavis and Kama are the only members of The Corporation who haven't really done anything big yet. This one was a pretty short squash match basically just to show that Fatu and Yokozuna are worthy of challenging for the titles even though they beat Snow and Austin in a non title match up last week. Fatu and Yokozuna started off tossing Kama and Chavis around like they were Light Heavyweight wrestlers. Fatu sent both Kama and Chavis to opposite corners and Yokozuna avalanched both of them! Ted DiBiase tried to get involved but Yokozuna decked him with a right hand! Fatu took Kama out with the Fatu Driver while Yokozuna hit a big belly to belly on Chavis! Yokozuna and Fatu both covered their opponents and got three counts! Steve Austin and Al Snow then came down from the back and stood on top of the entry way with the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship. Fatu and Yokozuna told Austin and Snow those belts would be going around their waists soon!

71, 72, 72 *3/4

The third man?

We go to the locker room area where we see Shawn Michaels on the phone talking to someone.

Shawn Michaels- So you'll do it? You'll join us for In Your House? Yeah. July 21st me and Warrior against Hart, Vader and Bulldog. All right........ Yeah....... You'll do it? Great. No wait, Hang on a minute....... You'll have to be there this Monday night though for Monday Night Raw. Can you show up there? Excellent man. You won't regret it. Yeah I know you don't like them either. All right me and Warrior will see you Monday night! Thanks alot.

We go to a commercial break with the announcers going nuts over who they think the man talking to Michaels on the phone was.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Vader and James E. Cornette

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Kevin Kelly standing by with Vader and his manager James E. Cornette.

Kevin Kelly- Well we just saw that Shawn Michaels might have a few tricks up his sleeve. It seems like now there's a third man in the picture for sure. That means Michaels and Warrior will be ready for In Your House. Who do you think the third man is? And does it change anything?

James E. Cornette- Do it chance anything? Yeah it changes everything! It means now we'll have three men to beat up! Not just two! My team is ready for In Your House. It's next Sunday night. I suggest everyone order the Pay Per View and see three men get beaten down by Camp Cornette. I don't care who the third man is. I don't care if it's Hogan, Savage, Flair, Razor Ramon......... Whoever it is will get crushed by my team! I don't care who they pick! Next Sunday night my team will be victorious!

Kevin Kelly- Tonight Vader faces Ahmed Johnson. Ahmed Johnson is pound for pound one of the strongest men in that ring. Not to mention he's a young rookie with alot of potential. Can Vader beat Ahmed Johnson or will he fall victim to the Pearl River Plunge?

James E. Cornette- Ahmed Johnson has no chance against Vader tonight! Vader is the undisputed number one contender for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Vader is going to SummerSlam and tonight Ahmed Johnson will get run down. Vader is determined to beat every wrestler that gets in his way until SummerSlam. And that means Ahmed Johnson will lose tonight. Vader doesn't care how big or bad you are Ahmed Johnson. Vader is the biggest and baddest man in the World Wrestling Federation. He's beating you tonight! And I hope Michaels' third man knows what he's getting himself into. Because if you're in that ring with the man they call Vader, You will go down very quickly.

Vader- Ahmed Johnson I consider you a small pit stop before In Your House and SummerSlam. You're nothing to me boy. Tonight I'm going to beat you as slowly as I'd like to. I'm going to send an example to Shawn Michaels. Michaels last Monday night you saw what it's like to get in the ring with me. You got a little over a month left with that title around your waist. August 25th, It's coming around my waist. SummerSlam will be the night where the Kliq dies! And In Your House will be the preview of the slow death of your Kliq! It's gonna be Vader time for many, Many years!

Kevin Kelly- Fans up next can Vader beat Ahmed Johnson? Or will Ahmed Johnson put Vader time to an end?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Jeff Hardy comes off the top with a Swanton Bomb to Mosh! (Monday Night Raw 7/8/96)

Vader with James E. Cornette Vs. Ahmed Johnson

This one was surprisingly good for two hoses. Johnson didn't seem scared of Vader and attacked Vader right from the opening bell! These two big men slugged away at each other with heavy blows! Johnson was able to clothesline Vader down! Vader got up and Johnson clotheslined him out to the floor! Johnson went out after Vader and sent the big man to the steel steps! Cornette tried to interfere but Johnson decked him with a right hand to the face! This allowed Vader to attack Johnson from behind! Vader sent Johnson to the steps and then took the top part of the steps and hit Johnson over the back with it! Vader put Johnson back inside the ring and avalanched Johnson in the corner! Vader slowly wore Johnson down with right hands in the corner. Each blow taking it's toll on Ahmed Johnson. Vader used plenty of clotheslines and even hit a big splash to Johnson but Johnson was able to kick out. Vader ended up putting Johnson down. Vader headed up top but missed a huge moonsault! Johnson made the comeback and started running down Vader with multiple clotheslines! Johnson even slammed Vader down twice! Johnson sent Vader to the ropes and caught Vader with the spinebuster! Johnson lifted Vader up tried to Pearl River Plunge Vader, But Vader countered and back dropped Johnson! Vader then sat down right onto Johnson's chest! Vader dragged Johnson to the corner and hit the Vader Bomb to pick up the win! Afterwards, Vader hit Johnson with another Vader Bomb! Vader went for another Vader Bomb but Shawn Michaels came running down from the back with a steel chair! Michaels cracked Vader right over the head with the chair knocking down Vader! Michaels went for another shot but Owen Hart and British Bulldog came running down to the ring! Michaels fled the ring and left through the wild crowd! Owen, Cornette and Bulldog checked on Vader while Michaels celebrated in the crowd. This Monday night we'll find out who the third man is!

82, 83, 80 ***

Overall Rating- 81

TV Rating- 7.59

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.90

Attendance- 7,521

Ticket Sales- $300,840

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.37

Attendance- 807

Ticket Sales- $24,210

Notes

"Hunter Hearst Helmsley and D'Lo Brown work pretty well together due to their similar styles."- Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card."- D'lo Brown

"Cactus Jack and Marc Mero didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"- Pat Patterson

"Vader was working too stiffly, i could have been badly hurt."- Ahmed Johnson

News

ECW have risen to National level.

Bam Bam Bigelow has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

Shaggy 2 Dope has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

user posted image

Date: July 14, 1996

Attendance: 10,016

Ticket Sales: $400,640

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of The Thrillseekers teaming up with D'Lo Brown to face Sean Waltman, Steve Austin and Al Snow!

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty Vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts

"Party Boy" Jannetty started this one off by dancing at the referee and Jake! Jake responded by whipping Jannetty's ass! Jake nailed Jannetty with huge right hands and sent Jannetty out to the floor with a clothesline! Jake smacked Party Boy's head into the steps and rolled Jannetty back into the ring. Jake went for the DDT but Jannetty countered and put Jake down with a clothesline. Jannetty then shouted "It's party time" and started dancing! Hell, Jannetty would hit a big move but he'd stop and start dancing! Even the referee got fed up with Jannetty's partying ways. Jannetty ended up hitting Jake with a Rocker Dropper but instead of covering Jake, Jannetty again started doing his dance! Jannetty then headed up top and went for the Party Boy Dance but Jake moved out of the way and Jannetty hit the canvas fist first! Jake made the comeback and ran down Jannetty with several clotheslines! Jake went for the DDT but Jannetty countered and rolled Jake up with the tights to score the win! Afterwards, Jannetty headed to the back shouting "There's gonna be a party and everyone's invited! Except Jake!"

70, 69, 71 *3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Alex Porteau Vs. Bill Irwin

Squash match here, Cole and Kelly hyped Porteau as the greatest Canadian athlete in all of wrestling. Porteau made quick work of Irwin and finished Irwin off with a bulldog off the top turnbuckle. Afterwards, Porteau posed on the turnbuckles.

61, 51, 72 *1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Christopher and Jerry "The King" Lawler Vs. The Godwinns with Hillbilly Jim

Decent match up, It's hard to get something out of The Godwinns though. Lawler and Christopher started off getting their butt kicked by these angry farmers. Lawler was able to then rake Phineous in the eye giving a chance for Christopher to nail Phineous with a super kick! This allowed Lawler and Christopher to isolate Phineous. Christopher and Lawler gave Phineous a tough time but they could not put down the big farmer. Phineous ended up decking both men and tagged in Henry. Henry came in all rilled up and started kicking some behind! Henry took Lawler out with a big clothesline and Slop Dropped Christopher for a close 2 count! This one ended with Lawler hitting Henry with a pair of brass knuckles behind the referee's back while Christopher fought Phineous on the outside! Lawler covered Henry and got the win! Cole and Kelly were outraged by the cheating from Lawler and Christopher.

74, 73, 76 **1/4

Smoking Gunns video

*From Friday Night Mayhem*

Michael Cole- Well Billy Gunn requested this interview, What's on your mind?

Billy Gunn- You damn right I requested this interview. I am sick and tired of being screwed around by the World Wrestling Federation! I am sick and tired of always getting shafted out of a win! I should have never lost the Tag Team Championship! And then we lose to those two fat pieces of crap known as Yokozuna and Fatu? What the hell is up with that? Al Snow and Steve Austin got hell to pay! I'm sick of everyone treating me like I'm some kind of joke! I'm sick of everyone looking past me! I'm going to make everyone in the World Wrestling Federation fear the name Billy Gunn!

Michael Cole- Billy what's with the new found attitude? I mean you been jumping opponents from behind, Beating them after a match, You even attacked the referee! The fans aren't liking this attitude............

Billy Gunn- I don't give a horse's ass about what the fans think anymore! I never needed anyone backing me up! These fans don't like my attitude? Well they can kiss my ass! I'm looking out for myself and the good of this team! I'll

Bart Gunn- interrupting Billy come on man, You need to relax and take it easy........ Maybe

Billy Gunn- Shut up Bart! I'm tired of you too! You think these fans care about us? Hell no they don't! If they cared about us they wouldn't boo me! I'm looking out for us! You just keep your mouth shut and do as you're told! I'm leading us back to the titles! To hell with everyone else!

Michael Cole- Tonight you two take on Owen Hart and British Bulldog in tag team action. You've faced them many times and you've beaten them for the gold and they have beaten you for the gold as well. Tonight how do you guys plan on beating Owen and British Bulldog?

Billy Gunn- How do I plan on beating them? I will beat the hell out of those two! I will lead my brother Bart to victory! Bart you better not screw things around tonight! Owen and Bulldog you two know what it's like to be in the ring with the old Billy Gunn. But now there's a new Billy Gunn in town and he's going to show you how bad he can be!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scott Taylor Vs. Bob Holly

These two have fought quite a few times. And they've been some good matches. Holly started off kicking Taylor's butt. Holly tossed Taylor around the ring and hit Taylor with a couple clotheslines as the announcers wondered how Holly must be feeling after facing Albert this past Monday night. Holly and Taylor ended out on the floor and Taylor hit a bulldog to Holly right on the padded floor! Taylor rolled Holly into the ring and worked over Holly. Taylor hit Holly with a big DDT but Holly kicked out. Taylor used multiple suplexes to Holly but Holly kept kicking out. Taylor ended up going up top but missed a big splash! Holly made the comeback and hit Taylor with right hands! Holly clotheslined Taylor down and hit Taylor with a big time drop kick. Holly went for the Race Car Slam but Taylor countered into a pinning predicament to score the win! The announcers said that Holly lost because he wasn't at one hundred percent...........

83, 79, 87 ***1\2

Bob Backlund/Sycho Sid video

*From Friday Night Mayhem*

Bob Backlund- Sid I know you've arrived. I know you're finally in the building. So come on down here and give me your answer. Yes or no to Bob Backlund? Remember that I will keep my word and take you right to the top of the World Wrestling Federation! Sid just remember that Bob Backlund is like George Washington, I cannot tell a lie! So come on down here and tell me that you want me as your manager!

Sid's music plays to a huge ovation and out comes Sid. Sid looks annoyed at Backlund while Backlund is all smiles. Sid gets into the ring and grabs a microphone from the ring announcer who's at ringside.

Sycho Sid- Bob Backlund what the hell is wrong with you? You come out here with a t-shirt with my face on it for God's sake! Those are for the fans not for you! And then you come out here again and tell me to let you manage me? Haven't you got it yet? I've Powerbombed you two weeks straight! I left you beat down like a dog for two straight weeks! I said I didn't want anyone managing me! I don't want a manager! I don't need a manager! You're the last guy I'd want backing me up! Look at you! You're a freak! I don't want you as a manager! The answer is no!

Bob Backlund- I'm not taking no for an answer Sid. Not today.

Sycho Sid- You don't seem to understand me, I don't care if you'll take no or not! I'm not letting you manage me! If you don't leave the ring right now I'll Powerbomb you once again! Got that?

Bob Backlund- Sid if you hurt me again, I'll be forced to bring him to the World Wrestling Federation. And he does not like when Bob gets hurt. He would have been here but I told him not to come.......... Not yet........ I told him that you'd let me manage you. You don't want to disappoint him now do you?

Sycho Sid- Stop with these games! Who's this person? I.............

Sid can't finish his sentence because 568 pounds of Mabel comes down to the ring! Mabel gets into the ring and clotheslines Sid from behind taking Sid down! Sid stands up and Mabel whips Sid into the corner! Mabel charges at Sid and avalanches Sid in the corner! Sid comes out of the corner right into a belly to belly suplex from the 1995 King Of The Ring! Mabel follows up by coming off the ropes with a leg drop to Sid! Backlund tries to save Sid but Mabel shoves Backlund down! Mabel then comes off the ropes with the Big Splash to Sid! Mabel follows up with another Big Splash to Sid! Backlund jumps Mabel from behind! Backlund tries to lock Mabel into the Chicken Wing but Mabel drives Backlund backwards right into the turnbuckles! Backlund walks right into a belly to belly from Mabel! Mabel hits Backlund with a Big Splash as well! Mabel grabs the microphone as the fans boo the big man.

Mabel- Sid listen up boy! I don't know what you got going on with this freak Bob Backlund, But I don't care! I'm gonna be at In Your House and I'm gonna be coming after you! I'm tired of these people not respecting me! I used to be one of the most feared Superstars of the New Generation! Now I'm nothing! It's time for Mabel to get back to the top of the World Wrestling Federation! And at In Your House I'm climbing back to the top by beating you!

Mabel drops the microphone down and heads to the back. Both Bob Backlund and Sycho Sid are left laid out. Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect wonder if Sid will change his mind after Backlund put himself on the line for Sid.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Vader and James E. Cornette

We're shown a pre recorded interview with Vader and James E. Cornette. Cornette told Michaels that he had alot of nerve interfering in Vader's business like that. Cornette told Michaels that he wants to know who the third man is and he wants to know soon. Vader told Michaels that In Your House is only one week away. Vader asked Michaels what he was going to do in one week when he gets inside that ring with Vader. Vader said next Sunday night everyone would know that it's Vader time!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Vader defeats Ahmed Johnson with the Vader Bomb! (Friday Night Mayhem 7/12/96)

Sean Waltman, Steve Austin and Al Snow with Ted DiBiase Vs. The Thrillseekers and D'Lo Brown

Excellent six men tag match here for Superstars. The announcers actually paid attention to this one instead of hyping In Your House and Monday Night Raw. All three Corporation members are champions in the WWF. All six men had their working boots on today. The face team started off taking all three Corporation members out to the floor and then coming off the ropes to all three men on the outside! Jericho and Waltman came into the ring and Waltman drilled Jericho with a spinning heel kick. The Corporation isolated young "Lion Heart" and triple teamed the young man. Even DiBiase got a few shots in on Jericho. Jericho ended up hitting Snow with a bulldog and tagged in D'Lo Brown! All hell broke loose and all six men got into the ring. D'lo went after Waltman on the floor leaving Austin and Snow with the Thrillseekers. Jericho and Snow ended up on the floor as well leaving just Storm and Austin going at it. Storm ended up going for a super kick but Austin ducked and rolled Storm up using the tights to get the 1,2,3! Superstars went off the air with The Corporation heading to the back with all the gold!

90, 86, 94 ****1\4

Overall Rating- 76

TV Rating- 2.96

Competition

WCW Bash At The Beach

Pay Per View Buyrate- 1.55

Attendance- 16,604

Ticket Sales- $996,240

Pay Per View Revenue- $3,875,000

SWF Radioactive

Attendance- 926

Ticket Sales- $27,780

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Sean Waltman

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We have superior star power on our roster, which is hurting their image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them."- Sophie