World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

user posted image

Date: August 4, 1996

Attendance: 10,042

Ticket Sales: $401,680

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Al Snow and Steve Austin facing Marc Mero and Jake Roberts!

Scott Putski Vs. Bill Irwin

Putski is making his debut on Superstars. This one was a squash match with Putski dominating Bill Irwin. The crowd wasn't really into it except the ending. Putski showed some skill but he's nothing that special. Putski won the match after coming off the top with a cross body to Irwin to pick up the win. Putski then posed to some cheers from the fans. Cole says Putski is really going to go places in the World Wrestling Federation.

67, 69, 74 *3/4

Scott Putski debuted his new gimmick (Old School Face), it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with The Money Mine

We returned from the commercial break with Dawn Marie leading the Money Mine down to the ring. Dawn Marie said that with Simon and Swinger the Money Mine would go to the top of the World Wrestling Federation. Marie said that money is what makes the world go round and that the Money Mine would be very successful in the WWF. Simon and Swinger both said they were issuing an open challenge to any tag team who wants a match!

Dawn Marie gained overness from this segment.

Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Duke Droese and Dawn Marie Vs. Masked Americans

Lombardi and Prichard must be wondering what the hell happened here. They were promised to be taken seriously with their masked American gimmick but that failed and now they're jobbing to Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger on Superstars. Diamond and Swinger worked pretty well together. Droese and Marie stood at ringside but didn't get involved in the match. Simon Diamond picked up the win after hitting a low blow to Lombardi. Afterwards, Simon and Swinger hit the Money Answer to Prichard. The Money Mine posed in the ring to boos from the fans. Lombardi and Prichard were said to be unhappy over doing the job.

70, 58, 83 **1\2

Simon Diamond gained overness from this match.

Johnny Swinger gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Shawn Michaels

We're shown a pre recorded interview with the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels. Michaels said that if Vader and Cornette want to play dirty than it's fine with him! Michaels said that Vader had hell to pay tomorrow night on Monday Night Raw. Shawn Michaels told Vader that there's no way he's losing the WWF Championship at SummerSlam.

Chris Kanyon Vs. Alex Porteau

Chris Kanyon is making his debut. The match was actually pretty darn good but Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly spent most of it talking about Shawn Michaels' recent interview. Cole and Kelly also hyped SummerSlam through out the match. Kanyon looked pretty good out there but it looks like he won't be getting a push anytime soon. Kanyon wins this with a version of the rocker dropper.

70, 54, 86 **3/4

Chris Kanyon debuted his new gimmick (Obnoxious), it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chavo Guerrero Vs. Thrasher

Chavo Guerrero and Thrasher put in a better match than Chavo had with Stasiak this past Friday night. I wonder why.......... Chavo and Thrasher started off doing a sequence that ended with Chavo tossing Thrasher out to the floor and hitting a big plancha to Thrasher on the outside! They went back into the ring and Thrasher was able to take control of the match after drop kicking Chavo. Thrasher got a few near falls on Chavo but Chavo kept kicking out and eventually made the comeback. Guerrero finished Thrasher off with a brainbuster to score the win. Cole and Kelly said Chavo is going to have a real bright future in the WWF.

75, 66, 85 ***

Thrasher lost overness from this match.

Chavo Guerrero gained overness from this match.

Interview with Ultimate Warrior

We're shown a pre recorded interview from Ultimate Warrior. Warrior talked about the choices he had to made. Warrior told Bulldog tomorrow night on Monday Night Raw he'd lay down a special stipulation for SummerSlam. Warrior said that the choice Bulldog makes will affect the World Wrestling Federation forever.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Doug Furnas beats Mosh with a release german suplex! (Friday Night Mayhem 8/2/96)

Al Snow and Steve Austin with Ted DiBiase Vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts Vs. Marc Mero with Sable

Both these two teams fought it out tooth and nail in this non title match up. Jake and Mero started off red hot tossing the champions out to the floor. They got into a brawl on the outside which ended up with Jake getting sent into the steel steps while Mero got thrown into the guardrail. Snow and Austin isolated Roberts and pounded the alcohol off of Roberts so to speak. Austin and Snow wore down Jake with several submission holds showing their submission skills. Austin even hit the Stone Cold Stunner to Jake but Mero was able to make the save. After taking a beating, Jake was able to DDT both Snow and Austin and make the hot tag to "The Wildman". Mero came into the ring like a real wild man and started cleaning house taking out both Snow and Austin. Mero came close to beating Snow but Austin was able to make the save. This one ended with Snow catching Mero coming off the ropes and driving Mero down to the canvas with a T-Bone suplex. Snow hooked the legs and got the win! Superstars went off the air with Snow and Austin posing with the titles while DiBiase clapped.

83, 84, 84 ***1\4

Overall Rating- 77

TV Rating- 3.00

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.95

Attendance- 7,041

Ticket Sales- $281,640

SWF Sunday

TV Rating- 2.26

Attendance- 450

Ticket Sales- $9,000

Notes

"How about booking me against D'Lo Brown? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like."- Hunter Hearst Helmsley

News

- SWF's SWF Sunday has been renewed for a further 30 weeks!

- Ultimate Warrior continues to be unhappy. There's rumors going around that he'll most likely be released after SummerSlam.

user posted image

Date: August 5, 1996

Tonight Monday Night Raw comes to you live from Indianapolis, Indiana and what a huge main event we're going to have. Sean Waltman takes on Undertaker in a non title match. Meaning that Waltman's Million Dollar Championship will not be on the line against Undertaker. Undertaker has been having a violent feud with Cactus Jack but tonight he better worry about Waltman and his lightning fast feet or the phenom could go down.

Earlier today, Jeff Jarrett attacked Bret "The Hitman" Hart! We have exclusive footage of this happening. Jarrett is not doubt still angry over Hart attacking Jarrett after their match up last week.

Ultimate Warrior is scheduled to be in Indianapolis and we understand Warrior wants to add a huge stipulation to his match with Bulldog at SummerSlam!

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Rick Martel takes on Hunter Hearst Helmsley! These two men fought in the Finals of the King Of The Ring with Helmsley winning it. Tonight can the blue blooded snob be as lucky as he was at the King Of The Ring? Or will Martel put away the 1996 King Of The Ring?

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger team up to face Bob Holly and the Hardy Boyz. The Money Mine took Savio Vega out of action last week and tonight they have a tough road ahead of them in this six men tag team war.

In a rematch from Wrestlemania XII, We'll see Vader battle Yokozuna! Vader has got to be pretty confident over scoring two huge wins over Shawn Michaels before SummerSlam. But Yokozuna is no light task.

Sycho Sid will join forces with Marc Mero to challenge Al Snow and Steve Austin for the WWF Tag Team Championship. Can Mero and Sid win the titles? Or will The Corporation continue their great success?

And in tonight's main event we'll see Undertaker face Sean Waltman!

Tonight we'll also hear from Ultimate Warrior, Scott Steiner on his return to the WWF and much more on Monday Night Raw!

user posted image

Date: August 5, 1996

Attendance: 10,042

Ticket Sales: $401,680

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Sean Waltman facing Undertaker!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Rick Martel

These two men met in the finals of this year's King Of The Ring with Hunter Hearst Helmsley barely beating Martel. Martel and Helmsley put on another good match up. Helmsley got the advantage early on after catching Martel coming off the ropes with a high knee to the face. Helmsley worked over Martel's back through out the match giving Martel a real pounding. Helmsley came close to putting Martel away with a few near falls but Martel kept kicking out of everything Helmsley threw at him. Helmsley eventually went for the Pedigree but Martel countered and catapulted Helmsley into the corner making Helmsley hit the turnbuckle head first! Martel then caught Helmsley with a drop kick and made the comeback. Martel used a few impressive suplexes to Helmsley but the King Of The Ring kept kicking out. Martel ended up taking Helmsley out with a big time spinebuster and locked Helmsley into the Québec Crab! The referee was asking Helmsley if he'd give it up as Owen Hart came down to the ringside area with the Intercontinental Championship. Owen nailed Martel right in between the eyes with the title making Martel break the hold while Helmsley was close to giving it up! Helmsley was then quickly able to Pedigree Martel and score the win!

87, 88, 85 ***1\2

Martel gets even with Owen!

Afterwards, Helmsley left the ring while Owen came into the ring with the Intercontinental Championship. Owen stood over Martel and taunted Martel! Owen yelled that Martel would never get a shot at this title! Owen got too cocky and turned his back to Martel who was starting to stir. Owen posed on the ropes as Martel got up looking pissed off. Owen turned around and an angry Rick Martel was standing behind the champ! Owen tried to talk his way out of trouble, But Martel decked Owen with a right hand! Martel sent Owen off the ropes and caught Owen with a huge spinebuster! Martel then locked Owen into the Québec Crab! Owen was tapping out like a drunk man! The referee tried to get Martel off of Owen, But Martel kept the hold locked onto Owen Hart! Road Agents and Referees came down from the back as Owen was screaming in pain! The officials finally pulled Martel off of Owen. Owen slowly rolled out to the floor and grabbed the title. Martel shoved the officials aside and went out after Owen on the outside and sent Owen to the steel steps! Martel took the Intercontinental Championship and hit Owen right in between the eyes with it knocking Owen out! Martel stomped away on Owen Hart! The officials had to hold back Martel as Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie Vs. Bob Holly and Hardy Boyz

The Money Mine came down to the ring to a decent chorus of boos. But the crowd wasn't into this one at all. Diamond and Swinger haven't wrestle too many times in the WWF while Holly, Hardy Boyz and Droese are decently over for midcard talent but not over enough that the crowd would care. Vince and JR spent most of the match hyping tonight's show and what we've already seen. The Money Mine isolated Jeff Hardy and kept him away from his teammates through out the match up. Each men gave Jeff Hardy one hell of a beating wearing down the tag team expert. Jeff eventually was able to make the hot tag to Bob Holly after scoring with a DDT to Diamond. Holly came into the ring and cleaned house. This one ended with the Hardy Boyz fighting Simon and Swinger on the outside leaving Droese and Holly in the ring. Dawn Marie was able to distract Holly long enough for Droese to nail Holly from behind and catch Holly coming off the ropes with the Money Compactor for the win. After the match ended, The Money Mine posed to some boos from the fans.

70, 53, 87 **3/4

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Jeff Jarrett attacks "The Hitman"!

*Footage from earlier today*

We see Bret "The Hitman" Hart in the back talking to a few "enhancement talent". Hart has his back turned as Jeff Jarrett sneaks up on Hart with a guitar.............. Jarrett nails Bret Hart right in the back with the guitar breaking it right over Hart's back! Jarrett threatens the "enhancement talent" and picks up Hart. Jarrett sends Hart into a wall face first! Jarrett shoves Hart down to the floor and stomps away on "The Hitman"! Jarrett pulls Hart up and slaps Hart across the face! Hart goes down and Jarrett grabs a steel chair! Bret Hart crawls up to his feet and gets planted right over the head by a chair shot from Jarrett! Jarrett mounts on top of Hart and hammers Bret Hart with right hands to the face over and over again! Jarrett gets up off of Hart who's barely moving.

Jeff Jarrett- You stupid son of a b****! You think I wouldn't come after you after what you did to me one week ago? Lets see how badly you'll want to get in the ring with me now! Bret Hart you want a fight? I'll give you one anytime, Anywhere! You and your fans are gonna go straight to hell after I'm done with you! You lay down on the floor like the piece of trash you truly are!

Jarrett walks off as the "enhancement talent" check on Hart.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Vader with James E. Cornette Vs. Yokozuna

These two men faced at Wrestlemania XII this past March and sadly it was the usual match between these two despite Yokozuna losing a few pounds. Infact, It was Vader who put Yokozuna out of action until June. This match was made to show how much of a bad ass Vader is before he faces Shawn Michaels for the title at SummerSlam. These two men started off slugging away at each other with the announcers getting really excited about this match up. Yokozuna got the best of Vader and pounded Vader with right hands in the corner. Yokozuna took Vader down with a huge oriental chop to the chest. Vader was finally able to take down Yokozuna after using three body avalanches to the close to 600 pounds former two time WWF Champion. Vader worked over Yokozuna with slow right hands in the corner hammering away on Yokozuna. Vader even hit the Vader Bomb to Yokozuna, But Yokozuna was able to kick out at 2. Yokozuna caught Vader with a huge samoan drop and started making the comeback. Yokozuna hit Vader with right hands and headbutts rocking Vader! Yokozuna hit Vader with a devastating belly to belly suplex! Yokozuna dragged Vader to the corner and called for the Bonzai Drop! Yokozuna went for his Bonzai Drop, But Vader moved out of the way and Yokozuna hit the canvas! Vader quickly nailed Yokozuna with the Vader Bomb and got the win! Afterwards, Cornette and Vader were posing in the ring as Shawn Michaels came down from the back with a steel chair! Michaels got into the ring and nailed Vader with a shot to the ribs and then to the back! A Michaels chair shot to the head put Vader down! Michaels threatened Cornette with the chair, But Cornette fled the ring. Michaels stood over Vader with the chair as Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break.

84, 88, 76 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scott Steiner might have a challenger!

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with the sounds of sirens hitting the arena. Scott Steiner makes his way down to the ring with his new styled short black hair to boos from the crowd. McMahon and Ross hype what Steiner did last Friday night to Ahmed Johnson as Steiner walks down to the ring not looking in a good mood. Steiner gets inside the ring and grabs the microphone from the ring announcer before shoving poor Howard to the outside.

Scott Steiner- You people need to shut the hell up and listen to what I have to say. Now I'm sure everyone of you morons are wondering why Scott Steiner returned to the World Wrestling Federation. Why did I come to the New Generation? Why? Because I want competition. I was tired of being stuck in a place where all the guys had to use machines for their dialysis! I was tired of old geezers like Hogan and Savage hogging up the spotlight. Everyone knows that Scott Steiner is better than those two old fossils any day of the week! I came here to be apart of this New Generation in the WWF. I came here to face the top guys. Men like Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Undertaker and all the other wrestlers that can actually give me some competition. Not the same old men. Last week I came out here and proved how ready I am by destroying your "people's champion" Ahmed Johnson. Ahmed Johnson you're nothing more than a street thug. You're not a wrestler. You don't have any talent. People like you belong in the streets not the World Wrestling Federation. If you ever get in my face again, I'll have no problem slapping you across the face like the piece of garbage that you are. I came here to prove to everyone that I don't need anyone backing me up. I'm looking for the very best to go up against and I'm not settling for anything less. I know each and everyone of you people would like to see me get my ass handed to me but that ain't happening! There ain't nobody man enough to put Scott Steiner down! And if someone got in my face, I'd put them down like I did Ahmed Johnson! I'm...............

The fans go wild as Ahmed Johnson's music hits the arena. Johnson makes his way down to the ring not looking too happy at the comments made by Scott Steiner. Johnson slides into the ring and he and Scott Steiner start slugging it out! Johnson takes Steiner down with a huge clothesline! Johnson picks Steiner up and sends Steiner to the ropes, Steiner though hangs onto the ropes and rolls out to the floor. Scott Steiner heads to the back while Ahmed Johnson's theme begins to play. Steiner tells Johnson that this ain't over yet.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Al Snow and Steve Austin© with Ted DiBiase Vs. Sycho Sid and Marc Mero with Sable

These two teams were able to work one heck of a match up together. Not even Sid could bring the quality of this one down. All four men started this one off with a huge brawl that ended up with Sid running right over both Austin and Snow with clotheslines! Sid then tossed Austin out to the floor and threw Snow outside right on top of Austin! Mero followed up hitting both Austin and Snow with a suicide dive out on the floor! They got into a brawl at ringside with the challengers dominating the members of The Corporation. Snow and Austin were finally able to turn the tide their way after Austin came caught Mero coming off the ropes with a knee to the gut. Snow and Austin beat down Mero keeping him away from Sid. Austin and Snow locked Mero into plenty of submission holds but "The Wildman" wouldn't give up. Mero was able to tag in Sid after taking both Snow and Austin out with a pair of clotheslines! Sid came into the ring and started cleaning house running down over both Austin and Snow! Austin ended up out on the floor with Mero leaving Snow and Sid in the ring. Sid Choke Slammed Snow and called for the Powerbomb! DiBiase got up on the apron and started distracting the referee! Bob Backlund came running down from the back with a steel chair and drilled Sid over the head with it! Snow rolled over on top of Sid as DiBiase got off the apron! The referee counted to three and awarded the win to Austin and Snow! Afterwards, Mero and Sable checked on Sid while DiBiase, Snow and Austin headed to the back. Backlund stood on the RAW entrance and kept shouting "he's coming at SummerSlam!"

87, 87, 88 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Warrior has a challenge in mind for SummerSlam!

Monday Night Raw returns from the break with the music of Ultimate Warrior hitting the arena to a great ovation from the crowd. Warrior runs down to the ring as we're reminded of the huge Warrior/Bulldog match up at SummerSlam. Warrior grabs a microphone and prepares to speak as the fans chant "Warrior".

Ultimate Warrior- Now I'm out here for one reason and one reason only. And that's to address my match with British Bulldog at SummerSlam. Bulldog you and I have been feuding for many months now. And it's time this ended. And it will end at SummerSlam. Come August 25th, Everyone of my Warriors are going to collect your mortal soul. And we're going to clean you up Bulldog. Bulldog your soul has been through some terrible things. The choices you've made have really destroyed the good you once had in you. But come SummerSlam all the good will come back one way or another. Bulldog there's got to be a winner. And I know how I can get you to the purest level of humanity. Come on down here and listen to what I suggest for our match at SummerSlam.

The fans start booing as British Bulldog's music hits the arena. Bulldog stands on the RAW entrance stage with a microphone in his hand.

British Bulldog- Warrior I've had enough of your nonsense. I've had enough of your ramblings. You want a special stipulation? I'll accept anything you want!

Ultimate Warrior- I'm glad you're up for it. The match I suggest is a loser leaves the WWF match. Whoever loses must leave the World Wrestling Federation and never return again!

British Bulldog- No way! I'm not accepting that! You can cheat and beat me! There's no way I'm leaving the World Wrestling Federation!

Ultimate Warrior- Are you scared Bulldog? Are you scared of what will happen to you in Cleveland? Bulldog one of us has to go. The WWF isn't big enough for the both of us. Let there be a winner. The winner stays and the loser leaves. If you beat me then I'll never return to the World Wrestling Federation again.

British Bulldog- So when I beat you, You won't be coming back right? It's over! Your career is over in the WWF? It's finished?

Ultimate Warrior- Yes. If you are able to beat me then I'll leave the World Wrestling Federation forever and never return.

British Bulldog- I accept! I will finally get rid of you once and for all! It's on for SummerSlam! You and I with the loser leaving the World Wrestling Federation! Warrior get ready because your career will be coming to an end come SummerSlam! There's no way you're going to be able to beat the force and power of the British Bulldog.

Ultimate Warrior- Bulldog we've played this game before and I've won. SummerSlam will be the day when my Warriors collect your soul! There's nowhere to run, Nowhere to hide. And there must be a winner!

Warrior's music plays as both Bulldog and Warrior stare each other down. Warrior stays in the ring while Bulldog heads to the back.

Ultimate Warrior lost overness from this segment.

Interview with Undertaker and Paul Bearer

We cut to the interview area where Dok Hendrix is standing by with Undertaker and his manager Paul Bearer.

Dok Hendrix- Undertaker tonight you prepare to step into the ring with Sean Waltman. But at SummerSlam it'll be you and Cactus Jack in a one on one match up. Better yet, A no disqualification match up. Undertaker you and Jack have been fighting all over the place. It has to come to an end. Will it end at SummerSlam?

Paul Bearer- It's time for this to end. And it will end at SummerSlam. Cactus Jack you wanted a no disqualification match? You thought that you would have some kind of advantage at SummerSlam? It's not going to work Cactus Jack. Cactus Jack your time is up. You tried to get the urn and take me out but you couldn't. At SummerSlam you will feel the wrath of my Undertaker. You can't beat him. You won't be able to survive. He's going to show you why nobody can beat him. You claim to like pain, Well Undertaker loves dishing it out. At SummerSlam you better get ready for the ultimate pain.

Dok Hendrix- Tonight Undertaker you face Sean Waltman. Waltman is certainly one of the best young athletes in the World Wrestling Federation. Can you beat Sean Waltman in this one on one match up?

Paul Bearer- Sean Waltman is no doubt one of the best that the WWF has to offer. But tonight isn't going to be your night. Tonight Undertaker is going to to send a message out to Cactus Jack by destroying you. Sean Waltman your quickness might give you an edge, But Undertaker will catch you when you fly through the air and put you down with all his power. And there's no way you'll be surviving the Tombstone.

Undertaker- Cactus Jack I hope you're watching this match tonight. I hope you see the pain I'm going to give to Sean Waltman tonight. This will be your SummerSlam preview. All my creatures of the night will be in Cleveland and they will enjoy seeing me end you once and for all. Sean Waltman tonight I'm going to be thinking of Cactus Jack while we're in that ring. SummerSlam is nearing. And each day it nears, The closer you are from getting destroyed Cactus Jack. At SummerSlam all the creatures of the night will see you rest in peace.

Paul Bearer- Oh yes they will! It's time for Cactus Jack to finally rest in peace.

Dok Hendrix- Fans, When Monday Night Raw returns we'll see Undertaker battle Sean Waltman!

Paul Bearer gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Chavo Guerrero puts Thrasher away with a Brainbuster! (Superstars 8/4/96)

Undertaker with Paul Bearer Vs. Sean Waltman with Ted DiBiase

Undertaker showed a more vicious side here as he went right after Waltman! Undertaker tossed Waltman around the ring over and over again and hammered on Waltman with right hands in the corner each blow having it's affect on the Million Dollar Champion! Undertaker tossed Waltman out to the floor and went out after the champ. Undertaker easily tossed Waltman into the steel guardrail and then hit Waltman with the top part of the steel steps really risking disqualification! They went back into the ring where Waltman was able to catch Undertaker with a spinning heel kick. Waltman choked Undertaker down and hit Undertaker with several kicks in the corner but the phenom kept coming back for more! Undertaker was able to Choke Slam Waltman after ducking a super kick from Waltman. Undertaker picked Waltman up and placed Waltman up on the top turnbuckle, Undertaker went up top with Waltman and Choke Slammed Waltman off the top rope! Undertaker then called for the Tombstone! Undertaker lifted Waltman up and easily planted Waltman with the Tombstone! Undertaker did the darkness pin and got the 1,2,3. After the match ended, DiBiase helped Waltman to the back as Undertaker stayed in the ring with Paul Bearer. Suddenly a hearse came driving down the entry way and Cactus Jack was the driver! Jack got out of the hearse and Undertaker went outside after Jack! Both men traded blows with Undertaker tossing Jack into the hood of the car! Undertaker hammered away on Jack! Jack was able to sneak a low blow in on Undertaker stopping Undertaker! Jack took a lead pipe from inside the hearse and hit Undertaker with it right over the head! Jack again nailed Undertaker over the head with it making Undertaker bleed. Jack sends Undertaker right to the steel steps! Jack rolls Undertaker into the ring and brings a steel chair in with him. Undertaker stands up and Jack knocks him out with a shot right over the head! Jack threatens to hit Bearer which makes Bearer back up. Bearer raises the urn high in the air trying to get the power from the creatures of the night. Jack locks Undertaker into the Mandible Claw! Undertaker puts up a fight but Jack is able to put Undertaker out! Jack takes out a pair of handcuffs from his tights! Jack handcuffs Undertaker to the ropes!

87, 88, 86 ***1\2

Cactus Jack gets Paul Bearer!

Jack looks at Bearer with a sick smile on his face. Jack grabs the chair and points it at Bearer! Bearer goes to hit Jack, But Jack nails Bearer with a right hand easily taking Bearer off his feet! Jack applies the Mandible Claw to Bearer while Undertaker is out cold and handcuffed! Bearer easily passes out. Jack grabs Bearer and rolls Bearer to the outside. Jack opened up the back of the hearse and put Bearer there. Jack got in the driver's seat and drove to the back with the cameras following him. Jack stopped in the parking lot and got out of the driver's seat. Jack told someone to "do it". Suddenly a ambulance came charging at the hearse and hit it sending the hearse into a concrete wall! We couldn't see the ambulance driver though! The hearse is dented and we see blood coming out of it. Jack looks at the damaged hearse and smiles. Paul Bearer has been taken out for good at the hands of Cactus Jack! Jack leaves the parking lot with a smile on his face as Monday Night Raw goes off the air with the damaged hearse. Paramedics and officials come to the scene to check on Paul Bearer. We get a shot of some blood on the ground to finish off Monday Night Raw.

Overall Rating- 80

TV Rating- 8.00

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.50

Attendance- 7,044

Ticket Sales- $281,760

SWF Tuesday

TV Rating- 0.97

Attendance- 447

Ticket Sales- $8,940

OOC: Yes, I know the Bearer thing was corny but I was the only thing I could think of to keep Bearer out for a long time.

Guest Prototype

Good shows. I like the Money Mine. I kinda liked the Paul Bearer thing. It really put Cactus over as a sicko, especially in that time. I guess we'll be seeing Warrior leave after SummerSlam.

Good few shows. Nice to see Party Boy moving up (Sort of)

I like the Money Mine, except with the Corporation it's a bit odd. They are so similar. Anyways, keep it up and bring back Razor!

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Date: August 9, 1996

Attendance: 10,006

Ticket Sales: $400,240

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Shawn Michaels facing British Bulldog.

Interview with Vader and James E. Cornette

Friday Night Mayhem starts off with Vader's music hitting the arena to boos from the crowd as James E. Cornette leads Vader down to the ring. Cornette grabs a microphone while Hendrix reminds us that Vader has pinned Shawn Michaels twice leading to SummerSlam.

James E. Cornette- One week ago we all saw Vader once again pin Shawn Michaels. Once again Shawn Michaels felt the wrath of the Vader Bomb. Shawn Michaels it's been two times that Vader has pinned you in that ring. He's been standing over your prone body twice now Michaels. You have yet to beat this man. Last Monday night you tried to attack him like a coward but you didn't put him down. Nothing will stop this man. Nothing will hold him back. Come SummerSlam your title reign will come to an end. You and your precious Kliq will die at the hands of Vader. Vader is ready for August 25th. The title will be coming around the waist of the man they call Vader. You have been a good champion thus far. But you're at a huge disadvantage come SummerSlam. How do you plan on beating Vader? You think Sweet Chin Music will put him down? He's a monster Shawn Michaels! He can't be put down! Not by anyone! Your time as champion is coming to an end. No matter what you do, You can't put Vader down. Look at the names he's beaten. Yokozuna, Bret Hart, Sycho Sid and you twice! You have yet to pin Vader! And at SummerSlam he will once again hit you with the Vader Bomb. Last Monday night you hit him with a steel chair right to the head but it didn't stop him one bit! Tonight we're going to be watching your match. And after Bulldog gets done with you, Vader's going to climb into that ring and once again leave you laid you. Shawn Michaels your own personal hell is about to begin! SummerSlam will be the night where it all ends. SummerSlam will be the night where Vader walks away with the World Wrestling Federation Championship!

Vader- Shawn Michaels you just have a few days left as the WWF Champion. What are you going to do at SummerSlam when you step into the ring with me? There's no where for you to run Michaels. Tonight I'm going to get even with you after what you did this past Monday night! And then come SummerSlam, It'll be Vader time!

Vader's music hits the arena to boos as Cornette and Vader pose in the ring. Mr. Perfect says Michaels has no chance in hell of beating Vader at SummerSlam.

Interview with Owen Hart

We go the interview area backstage where Michael Cole is standing by with the WWF Intercontinental Champion, Owen Hart.

Michael Cole- Owen Hart tonight you face Marc Mero in a non title match up. But last Monday night you interfered and cost Rick Martel his match up. After the match ended, Martel snapped and attacked you. He beat you down and quite frankly, He dominated you this past Monday night. Are you in any kind of condition to wrestle tonight?

Owen Hart- Of course I'm not in any kind of condition to wrestle. But the idiots of the World Wrestling Federation has made me step into the ring once again. I'm the worst threated champion in the history of the WWF. I should be at home resting after what that animal did to me on Monday Night Raw.

Michael Cole- Rick Martel did beat you down quite easily Owen, And you were tapping out to the Québec Crab! Does this mean you'll give Rick Martel his title shot? After all, You were tapping out. Some people might think Rick Martel would deserve the title shot. Will you give him a Intercontinental Championship match? And when?

Owen Hart- Rick Martel will never get a shot at my Intercontinental Championship! Why should he get a shot at my title? He made me tap out this past Monday night. But so what? It wasn't a official match! He attacked me from behind! There was no referee! It's like it never happened. I have already faced Rick Martel for the title and I beat him and retained the title. Hey couldn't beat me and he knows it. Rick Martel doesn't belong in the World Wrestling Federation. He's a old man! He's not worthy of challenging me for my Intercontinental Championship. Rick Martel should be suspended after his brutal attack on me!

Michael Cole- Well tonight you face Marc Mero in a non title match. You two fought at King Of The Ring with Mero almost beating you for the title. Tonight can you once again beat "The Wildman" in this non title match up?

Owen Hart- Marc Mero isn't a concern for me. I beat him at King Of The Ring fair and square. I showed him why I am the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time. Tonight I'm once again going to beat him like I've done many times in the past. Marc Mero tonight I hope you're ready to take another beating by the "King Of Harts". I'm going to lock you into the Sharpshooter and make sure you tap out! I'm the champion and I'm the best wrestler to ever step foot in a ring here in the World Wrestling Federation! Tonight you have no way of beating me!

Michael Cole- Fans coming up next we'll see Owen Hart face Marc Mero in a non title match!

Owen Hart gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Owen Hart Vs. Marc Mero with Sable

This is a rematch from their classic match at the King Of The Ring except this is a non title match up. Owen and Mero again put on another excellent match up. They started off trading near falls that ended with Mero getting a very close two count on the "King Of Harts". Mero kept getting the best of Owen until Owen caught Mero with a spinning heel kick. Owen worked over Mero's back and legs softening it up for the Sharpshooter. Owen went for the Sharpshooter several times but Mero kept escaping it and or countering it into near falls. Owen caught Mero with a missile drop kick and went up top, Mero threw Owen off the top and made the comeback. Mero again came close to putting Owen away but Owen kept kicking out at everything Mero threw at him. Owen caught Mero with the enziguri kick and locked Mero into the Sharpshooter! As the referee was asking Mero if he'd give it up, Rick Martel came down from the back with a steel chair and nailed Owen over the head with it making Owen break the hold! Martel fled to the back as Mero rolled over on top of Owen and got the three count! Mero and Sable headed to the back as Owen Hart was left laid out in the ring.

94, 89, 100 *****

Owen Hart lost overness from this match.

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty and "Too Sexy" Brian Christopher Vs. Scorpio and Scott Putski

Funny moment happened here as "Party Boy" came to the ring and started dancing at "Too Sexy" who looked like he didn't mind and started dancing with Jannetty! Both men then tried dancing at their opponents, But got the shit kicked out of them! This one was a awesome match up between these high fliers. If Jannetty lost some weight he'd be eligible for the Light Heavyweight division whenever that starts up. All four men worked at a fast pace and hit some high flying moves that the fans in the World Wrestling Federation have never seen before, Truly wowing the crowd. Jannetty and Christopher were able to take out Scorpio and keep him isolated from Putski. They double teamed Scorpio and came close to putting away Scorpio, But Putski kept making the save time and time again. Marty and Brian ended up going for a double suplex to Scorpio, But Scorpio and countered and hit swinging DDT's to both men allowing him to tag in Putski. Putski came into the ring and started cleaning house! Putski scored with a couple drop kicks to Christopher and Jannetty! Jannetty was able to win this match after hitting Putski with a low blow and rolling him up using the tights for the 3! Afterwards, "Party Boy" and "Too Sexy" danced all the way to the back.

85, 77, 93 ****

COMMERCIAL BREAK

New members for The Money Mine?

We return from the commercial break with the music of The Money Mine hit the arena and Dawn Marie lead her men down to the ring. Dok Hendrix mentioned that due to being beat down last week, Savio has been checked into the hospital and won't be returning to the WWF. Dawn Marie is handed a microphone and prepares to talk as the other members of The Money Mine look on.

Dawn Marie- I still don't understand why you fans boo us. Why you fans choose to boo us. Is it because we're filthy rich? Is it because we can afford all the good things in life? Or is it because we're better than all you poor people? Tonight we're out here for one reason and one reason only. We have seen potential in two superstars. Two men who have showed us that they might have what it takes to become something big in the WWF. But all they need is guidance from The Money Mine. We're out here to ask them to join us. The Money Mine is like a corporation. We're always growing. And to grow and become big, We need more people. I've seen these two men and I think they have what it takes. We're out here to ask Matt and Jeff Hardy to join us. We want the Hardy Boyz in The Money Mine! Matt and Jeff I can promise you that you'll have a bright future in The Money Mine. We want an answer tonight. I know it's not alot of time to think it over, But I can promise you two that you'll make millions by joining us!

The Money Mine stand in the ring waiting, The Hardy Boyz' music hits the arena and Matt and Jeff Hardy make their way down to the ring. The Hardy Boyz get inside the ring and stare down The Money Mine.

Dawn Marie- I am so glad you two have come out here. I know you two might not trust us and everything. But I've seen you two in the ring and I think you two might have a huge future in the World Wrestling Federation. I think you two are going to be something very special in the future. I can feel it. I know you two have always wanted to be superstars in the WWF. And you've realized your dreams. But there's something more important than your dreams. It's green and it's called money. Money is what make everyone in the world happy. Those who says money does not equal happiness are a bunch of liars. You guys will get alot of money for joining us. And that's not even it, You'll get expensive clothes, Cars, Anything you guys want. I bet that's looking real good compared to some shag in North, Carolina. You two have a bright future ahead of you. But it's not going to go anywhere with the way you two are going.

Matt Hardy- Dawn Marie I hope you know how grateful we are for you giving us this offer. But we really don't want it. We're happy the way were are.

Dawn Marie- You're happy being poor? You're happy being stuck in some farm?

Matt Hardy- Me and Jeff have always wanted to be WWF Superstars. We didn't care about the money. We just wanted to come out and entertain the fans. And our dreams have come true. It doesn't matter how much money we got in the bank. We're happy the way we are.

Jeff Hardy- We thank you for the offer but the answer is no. We don't want to join The Money Mine.

Dawn Marie- Is that your final answer? Are you sure we can't get you two to change your minds?

Jeff Hardy- Sorry but my mind is already made up.

Matt Hardy- Mine too, We're grateful for your offer but maybe you can find another team to join The Money Mine.

Dawn Marie- Well I hope you two understand that when you turn down The Money Mine, You get beaten down like trash!

Droese, Swinger and Diamond rush the Hardy Boyz and attack the brothers! Within seconds Matt is laid out with the Money Compactor by Droese while Jeff is hit with a double team move by Swinger and Simon called the Money Answer by the announcers! All three men hold the Hardy brothers back and Dawn Marie plants each one of them with a slap across the face!

Dawn Marie- Nobody turns down The Money Mine. You two have fun being trash for the rest of your life's!

The Money Mine head to the back as their music plays. Both Jeff and Matt are laid out as we go to a commercial break.

Matt Hardy gained overness from this segment.

Jeff Hardy gained overness from this segment.

Simon Diamond gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jeff Jarrett with Rick Rude Vs. D'Lo Brown

This one was quite a good match. Jarrett seems to be getting some huge heat from the crowd which is what the WWF was hoping for ever since putting him with Rick Rude in his corner. Brown started off hot taking Jarrett off his feet with several drop kicks. Brown sent Jarrett out to the floor with a clothesline and hit a plancha to Double J out on the floor. Brown was all business here as he rammed Jarrett's head into the steel steps multiple times over and over again! Jarrett and Brown ended up back in the ring where Jarrett caught Brown with a huge DDT taking advantage of this match. Jarrett worked over Brown's legs trying to soften it up for the figure four. Rude even got involved, Hitting Brown and choking Brown behind the referee's back! Jarrett ended up going up top, Brown shook the ropes crotching Jarrett on the top turnbuckle! Brown scored with a huge superplex but Jarrett was able to kick out. Brown made the comeback and started getting closer and closer to putting away Jarrett. Brown ended up going for the Sky High, But Jarrett countered and took Brown out with a neck breaker! Jarrett applied the Figure Four and Brown tapped out! As Jarrett and Rude celebrated, Bret Hart came running down from the back with a steel chair! Hart planted Jarrett with a shot to the head sending Double J out to the floor! Bret went to hit Rude, But Rude got out of the ring! Rude helped Jarrett to the back as Hart chased both men to the back with the steel chair!

89, 90, 90 ****

COMMERCIAL BREAK

A SummerSlam Dream Match!

The sounds of sirens hits the arena to boos as Scott Steiner makes his way down to the ring. Perfect and Hendrix remind us that it was one week ago that Steiner made his return to the World Wrestling Federation. Steiner grabs a microphone and he does not look pleased as the crowd chants "Steiner sucks".

Scott Steiner- Last Monday night I was addressing all you morons and making myself clear. When that moron Ahmed Johnson came down to the ring and tried to beat me down like a true street thug would. Ahmed Johnson is nothing more than a jackass. He's a street thug who should be working on some street corner. He's not a athlete. And he's certainly not a wrestler. Ahmed Johnson is a punk. Last week everyone saw me destroy him like he was nothing. Do you really think Ahmed Johnson would be able to beat me if we got into it? Of course he wouldn't! Ahmed Johnson if you want a fight. I'll give you. But not in the streets where you'd like it to be. I'd want it inside a ring. Since SummerSlam is a few weeks away, I want my return to the ring to be at the biggest SummerSlam of all time. You and I one on one. How about it? Are you man enough to accept? I know all these morons..............

Scott Steiner is interrupted by the music of Ahmed Johnson which gets a great ovation from this huge crowd. Johnson stands on top of the entry way with a microphone as Scott Steiner looks on.

Scott Steiner- Hey you keep your ass up there! I'm not in the mood to get into a fight tonight. I don't feel like beating you around that ring!

Ahmed Johnson- Whatever you say Scott Steiner. Now was I mistaken but did you lay down the challenge for SummerSlam? You and I? One on one? I accept! Last week I tried to be polite. I tried to be friendly. But you attacked me! You want to make an impact? Well you chose the right person to the face. I'm the people's champion and I'm the baddest person in World Wrestling Federation. When we get to Cleveland, We going to have a throw down my man!

Scott Steiner- You really think you're going to be able to beat me Ahmed Johnson? You're the people's champion? You're nothing more than a chump. The people won't get you anywhere in this business. Talent gets you somewhere. Not the fans. I learned that the hard way. And you're going to learn it too at SummerSlam.

Ahmed Johnson- The only thing that's gonna happen between us at SummerSlam is me kicking your ass player! You want to show everyone that you're a bad ass? Well then, Survive a fight with Ahmed Johnson. Survive being put in the ring with me! Lets see how bad you are at SummerSlam. I'm going to take you to school at SummerSlam Scott Steiner. You're going down at SummerSlam!

Scott Steiner- I hope you're ready for SummerSlam. I'm going to choke you out and then I'm going to send you to the emergency room!

Steiner's music plays and both men stare each other down. Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with Dok and Perfect going crazy over Steiner versus Johnson at SummerSlam!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon Vs. Smoking Gunns

Another excellent match up for the evening. This is the second televised match for Furnas and LaFon since debuting in the World Wrestling Federation just last week. The crowd didn't know who to boo at first until Billy Gunn started acting like a jerk. Billy threw the biggest fit when Bart started this one off and didn't listen to Billy's bickering. The crowd totally turned on Billy after his fit. This one was a nice clean match at first. LaFon and Bart shook hands which really angered Billy. They went at it for a bit with LaFon getting the best of Bart angering Billy some more in the process. Furnas and Bart then went at it for a bit with Bart catching Furnas with a big back breaker. Billy tagged himself in and went right to Furnas with kicks. Billy choked Furnas several times coming close to risking disqualification. Bart looked disappointed in his brother as Billy took several shortcuts to try to beat Furnas. Furnas was able to tag in LaFon after ducking a clothesline from Billy and hitting Billy with the Release German Suplex. LaFon came into the ring and started giving it to Billy, Coming close to putting away Billy. This one ended when Bart asked Billy for a tag after Billy hit LaFon with a Rocker Dropper and shoved Furnas off the apron. Billy said no and got into a argument with Bart! This allowed LaFon to roll up Billy and get the win! Billy then threw a fit and started cursing at the referee and his own brother!

88, 80, 96 ****1\4

Ric Flair grants Rick Martel's wish for SummerSlam

Our cameras take us backstage where we see Rick Martel walking around with the steel chair. Dok thinks he's looking for Owen Hart. (not shit) Martel bumps right into Commissioner Ric Flair in the hallway. Flair looks at the chair in Martel's hand as both men get into a stair down.

Ric Flair- Where are you going with that chair?

Rick Martel- I'm looking for Owen Hart. It seems that the champ hasn't left the building yet so I thought it would be the perfect time to smash this over his head.

Ric Flair- I seen what you and Owen have been doing. You two have been going at it like animals. It has to stop.

Rick Martel- It'll stop when he's man enough to give me my Intercontinental title shot.

Ric Flair- So this is what it's all about? The Intercontinental Championship? You two are fighting over the belt? That's it?

Rick Martel- What do you mean that's it? It's the Intercontinental Championship. It's a huge honor to have that title. I want to hold it. And Owen Hart hasn't granted me a title shot.

Ric Flair- That's why I'm here. Incase you've forgotten, I am the Commissioner of the World Wrestling Federation. And I've been a huge fan of your return to the ring. You made alot of old timers proud. So that's why I'm giving you a Intercontinental title shot against Owen Hart.

Rick Martel- Really? That's great! Thank you Commissioner! When am I getting my title shot against that little rat nosed bastard?

Ric Flair- SummerSlam! You and Owen for the Intercontinental Championship! You like that?

Rick Martel- Yes! Thank you Commissioner Flair! I can promise everyone that I will walk out of Cleveland as the new Intercontinental Champion!

Rick Martel drops the chair down and shakes Flair's hand. Martel heads off as Flair looks on.

Ric Flair- Now that's what I'm talking about! Wooooooooooo!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Kevin Kelly standing by with the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels.

Kevin Kelly- Shawn Michaels tonight you prepare to take on British Bulldog in a non title match up. But at SummerSlam it's you and Vader. Vader has beaten you twice leading to SummerSlam. It looks like the title could be leaving you at SummerSlam. You said you liked being the underdog but how will you be able to beat Vader at SummerSlam? Can you retain the title against the monster Vader?

Shawn Michaels- Vader has had quite the luck against the "Heart Break Kid" hasn't he? He's beaten old HBK twice now leading to SummerSlam. All though last week he did have some help from James E. Cornette. I know everyone is thinking that I'm going to lose the title at SummerSlam. It could happen. If it does then so be it. But will it happen? No it won't. Vader you have been running through everyone who has been put in that ring with you. You've beaten me twice now! But at SummerSlam you won't be taking the WWF Championship from me. I promise the Kliq that I'll hit you with Sweet Chin Music and put you away once and for all!

Kevin Kelly- Vader said that he's coming down to the ring tonight after your match, Will you be left laying once again at the hands of Vader?

Shawn Michaels- Wasn't it HBK that stood over Vader on Monday night? Vader you can bring it tonight. I'm hoping you get down here and try to beat down HBK. It won't happen. If you get in my face tonight, I'll knock you out with Sweet Chin Music! Vader be a man about it. Don't come from behind or with Cornette. Come down all by yourself after I beat Davey Boy. Vader lets see if you can take me out one on one without anyone backing you up.

Kevin Kelly- Tonight it's you and British Bulldog. You been in the ring with Bulldog many times in the past. Tonight can you beat Bulldog in this non title match?

Shawn Michaels- Me and Bulldog have quite the history. But the fact of the matter is, I've always beaten him. I beat him for the Intercontinental Championship, I've beaten him in tag matches. I've retained my title against Bulldog. Bulldog tonight you better not be worried about the Warrior. You better be worried about HBK the Kliq. Tonight I'm sending a message to Vader through you. Camp Cornette might want this title but you guys aren't getting it anytime soon! Tonight the only thing Bulldog will be hearing is Sweet Chin Music.

Kevin Kelly- Fans up next we'll see Shawn Michaels face the British Bulldog in the main event!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Undertaker Choke Slams Sean Waltman off the top rope! (Monday Night Raw 8/5/96)

Shawn Michaels Vs. British Bulldog with James E. Cornette

Michaels and Bulldog put on a better match than their previous encounter this year which was rated at **3/4 match. Bulldog used his power to try to put Michaels away early but HBK kept outsmarting Davey Boy Smith. Michaels hit Bulldog with a clothesline and came off the ropes with a huge dive right to Bulldog in the early going. Thanks to some interference from Cornette and his tennis racket, Bulldog was able to nail Michaels with a stiff clotheslined on the outside. Bulldog rolled Michaels back into the ring and dominated the champion. Bulldog came close to putting Michaels away after gorilla slamming the champion but the "Heart Break Kid" kept kicking out. Bulldog even connected with the stalling vertical suplex but Michaels kept kicking out. Bulldog was able to score with the Running Powerslam, But Michaels kicked out at 2. Bulldog worked over Michaels' back and rammed Michaels back first into steel ring post several times! But everything Bulldog did was not enough to put away Michaels. Michaels ended up catching Bulldog with the flying forearm and nipped up. Michaels hit Bulldog with his trademark moves and took Bulldog down with a slam. Michaels headed up top and came flying off the top with the elbow drop right to Bulldog's heart! Michaels called for Sweet Chin Music! But before Michaels could even tune up the band, Vader came running down to the ring and ran right over Michaels with a clothesline! The referee awarded the match to Michaels as a result of a disqualification. Afterwards, Vader pounded Michaels with right hands in the corner and hit the powerbomb to the champion. Vader dragged Michaels to the corner and hit a big time Vader Bomb to Michaels! Vader stood over Michaels as Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with the announcers wondering if Michaels had a chance of beating Vader.

82, 84, 80 ***

Overall Rating- 85

TV Rating- 7.75

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.93

Attendance- 7,039

Ticket Sales- $281,560

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.35

Attendance- 618

Ticket Sales- $18,540

SWF Friday

TV Rating- 1.02

Attendance- 447

Ticket Sales- $8,940

Notes

"Scott Putski and Scorpio blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles."- Pat Patterson

"I think hooking me and Scott Putski up in a regular tag team would work. We could get ourselves over, and use that to launch our singles careers."- Scorpio

"British Bulldog and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Steve Austin? I think our styles would really work well together."- Shawn Michaels

"Billy Gunn would be a great opponent for me, how about putting us together in some matches?"- Goldust

user posted image

Date: August 11, 1996

Attendance: 10,028

Ticket Sales: $401,120

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Sycho Sid taking on Goldust!

Chavo Guerrero Vs. Mosh

The announcers ignored most of the match and chose to talk about SimmerSlam and what's happened this week in the WWF. Chavo and Mosh put on a pretty good match up. This one had plenty of near falls that got the crowd somewhat into it. Mosh had the advantage after attacking Chavo from behind. Chavo was able to come back and throw Mosh out to the floor. Chavo came off the ropes with a dive to Mosh all the way out to the floor. Chavo won this one with a big brainbuster.

75, 66, 85 ***

Mosh lost overness from this match.

Chavo Guerrero Vs. Thrasher

Thrasher came down to the ring and attacked Chavo! The referee called for the bell and we got another match up. Thrasher easily dominated Chavo due to Chavo being worn down from his previous encounter with Mosh. Mosh watched from ringside with a smile while Thrasher pounded the heck out of Chavo. This one ended when Chavo was able to catch Thrasher with a tornado DDT out of nowhere! Chavo covered and somehow got the three! Afterwards, Chavo posed while the defeated Headbangers headed to the back. Cole and Kelly couldn't believe Chavo's performance today on Superstars.

76, 67, 86 ***

Thrasher lost overness from this match.

Steiner/Johnson video

*From Friday Night Mayhem*

Scott Steiner- Last Monday night I was addressing all you morons and making myself clear. When that moron Ahmed Johnson came down to the ring and tried to beat me down like a true street thug would. Ahmed Johnson is nothing more than a jackass. He's a street thug who should be working on some street corner. He's not a athlete. And he's certainly not a wrestler. Ahmed Johnson is a punk. Last week everyone saw me destroy him like he was nothing. Do you really think Ahmed Johnson would be able to beat me if we got into it? Of course he wouldn't! Ahmed Johnson if you want a fight. I'll give you. But not in the streets where you'd like it to be. I'd want it inside a ring. Since SummerSlam is a few weeks away, I want my return to the ring to be at the biggest SummerSlam of all time. You and I one on one. How about it? Are you man enough to accept? I know all these morons..............

Scott Steiner is interrupted by the music of Ahmed Johnson which gets a great ovation from this huge crowd. Johnson stands on top of the entry way with a microphone as Scott Steiner looks on.

Scott Steiner- Hey you keep your ass up there! I'm not in the mood to get into a fight tonight. I don't feel like beating you around that ring!

Ahmed Johnson- Whatever you say Scott Steiner. Now was I mistaken but did you lay down the challenge for SummerSlam? You and I? One on one? I accept! Last week I tried to be polite. I tried to be friendly. But you attacked me! You want to make an impact? Well you chose the right person to the face. I'm the people's champion and I'm the baddest person in World Wrestling Federation. When we get to Cleveland, We going to have a throw down my man!

Scott Steiner- You really think you're going to be able to beat me Ahmed Johnson? You're the people's champion? You're nothing more than a chump. The people won't get you anywhere in this business. Talent gets you somewhere. Not the fans. I learned that the hard way. And you're going to learn it too at SummerSlam.

Ahmed Johnson- The only thing that's gonna happen between us at SummerSlam is me kicking your ass player! You want to show everyone that you're a bad ass? Well then, Survive a fight with Ahmed Johnson. Survive being put in the ring with me! Lets see how bad you are at SummerSlam. I'm going to take you to school at SummerSlam Scott Steiner. You're going down at SummerSlam!

Scott Steiner- I hope you're ready for SummerSlam. I'm going to choke you out and then I'm going to send you to the emergency room!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Simon Diamond, Johnny Swinger and Dawn Marie

Todd Pettengill interviewed the team of Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger backstage with their manager and leader of The Money Mine, Dawn Marie. Dawn Marie hyped Simon and Swinger's match up with Porteau and Roberts and talked about how The Money Mine was going to the top of The World Wrestling Federation. Dawn Marie made it sure to mention that money does mean everything.

Dawn Marie gained overness from this segment.

Johnny Swinger gained overness from this segment.

Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie Vs. Alex Porteau and Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Looks like Jake is getting jobbed out. Not like it matters since he's pretty old and useless at this point of his career. Simon and Swinger work well as a team and it looks like Duke Droese will be the single star of The Money Mine. Simon and Swinger isolated Porteau early on but Porteau was able to tag in Jake after Porteau took out both men with a pair of clotheslines. Jake came into the ring like a man (or drunk) on fire and started cleaning house. This one ended with Simon hitting Jake with a low blow and following it up with a move named the Simonizer by the announcers. (Simon lifts the guy up for a DVD but drops him down into a reverse DDT) Afterwards, The members of The Money Mine posed.

70, 59, 81 **1\2

Jake Roberts lost overness from this match.

Johnny Swinger gained overness from this match.

Simon Diamond gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Jeff Jarrett and Rick Rude

We're shown pre recorded comments from Jeff Jarrett and Rick Rude. Jarrett said he was happy that the match between him and Bret Hart has been made official. Jarrett told Bret Hart come SummerSlam everyone would know why Double J is the true best there is, Best there was and best there ever will be. Rude made sure to tell Hart to watch his back.

Interview with Bret Hart

Pre recorded interviews from "The Hitman" were also shown. Hart told Jarrett that at SummerSlam there would be one winner and it would be him. Bret Hart said if Rick Rude got involved he'd get hurt. Hart said that Jarrett has angered him and it's going to end at SummerSlam. Hart said he'd show everyone why he's the excellence of execution and why he is the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Rick Martel smashes a steel chair right to Owen Hart's head! (Friday Night Mayhem 8/9/96)

Sycho Sid Vs. Goldust with Marlena

Cole and Kelly mentioned Sid's problems with Bob Backlund as of late and how "he's" coming for Sid at SummerSlam. Sid and Goldust had a pretty decent match up here. It wasn't anything special but pretty decent considering who we're talking about. Goldust controlled Sid early on after sending Sid into the steel steps. Goldust worked over Sid's back and and came to close to putting away Sid several times. Sid ended up catching Goldust with a big boot allowing the big man to make the comeback. Sid was able to Choke Slam Goldust and then finished the bizarre one off with the Powerbomb. Superstars went off the air with Sid celebrating his win.

83, 87, 75 **1\2

Overall Rating- 79

TV Rating- 2.96

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.91

Attendance- 7,524

Ticket Sales- $300,960

SWF Face The Hangman

Attendance- 2,831

Ticket Sales- $84,930

Notes

"How about booking me against Sean Waltman? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like."- Marc Mero

"I would like to work with Billy Gunn at some stage, i think you'd be impressed with the results."- British Bulldog

News

- Both Dennis Knight (Phineous Godwinn) and Mark Cantebury (Henry Godwinn) have been sent down to USWA. The WWF feels that the Godwinn characters aren't catching on with the crowd. Both men are scheduled to stay in USWA for awhile and debut with new gimmicks. Their manager Hillbilly Jim will be used in a non wrestling role capacity.

user posted image

Date: August 12, 1996

We're thirteen days away from SummerSlam. And tonight the challenger for the WWF title, Vader takes on Marc Mero in the main event. Last Friday night Vader once again left Shawn Michaels laid out. Will Vader continue his dominance against Marc Mero? Or will "The Wildman" be able to put Vader away? You do not want to miss this huge main event.

Last week we all saw Cactus Jack's brutal attack on Paul Bearer. Bearer has been taken out of action and we don't know if Bearer will ever return to the WWF. Tonight we'll hear from the psychotic Cactus Jack. What does Jack have to say about last week's brutal attack on Bearer? What does Jack have to say about his match with Undertaker at SummerSlam?

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon face the team of Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger from The Money Mine! Can The Money Mine continue their dominance or will Furnas and LaFon put away this team?

Ahmed Johnson faces his old rival, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. These two have had great battles before and tonight they will no doubt put on another great show for the fans.

In a rematch from yesterday's Superstars, Goldust faces Sycho Sid. Can Sid once again beat Goldust or will he fall victim to the Curtain Call?

Ultimate Warrior and Rick Martel battle Owen Hart and British Bulldog ina  huge tag match. This will no doubt be a huge preview of SummerSlam for these four men!

And Vader faces Marc Mero in the main event!

We'll also hear from Bret Hart, Cactus Jack, Shawn Michaels. And we can expect alot more tonight as the road to SummerSlam continues.

user posted image

Date: August 12, 1996

Attendance: 10,047

Ticket Sales: $401,880

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Marc Mero going up against Vader!

"Sexy boy" hits the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd as the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels makes his way down to the ring to kick things off. Shawn Michaels poses inside the ring while his usual pyro goes off behind the champion. Michaels is about to speak as the "HBK" chants begin.

Shawn Michaels- Last Friday night I was once again left laying at the hands of Vader. Vader once again left HBK laid out with the Vader Bomb. But he had to attack me during my match to leave me laying. Vader it seems like the only way you can leave me down is with either James E. Cornette helping you or for you to attack me from behind or when I'm distracted. Vader it seems like the odds are against me retaining the World Wrestling Federation Championship against you at SummerSlam. It looks like everyone has made their choice for SummerSlam. The boys in the back look at me like I'm a dead man walking. But I'm not losing the title at SummerSlam. Vader you can powerbomb me and you can hit me with the Vader Bomb all you want. But in the end it'll be Shawn Michaels standing victorious with the World Wrestling Federation Championship around his waist. Vader it doesn't matter how big and bad you are. I'll have a way of beating you. I been in there with men like Bret Hart, Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett and countless others who tried to take this title from me. When it was all said and over with, I still walked out as the World Wrestling Federation Champion. Everyone who's challenged me for the title has lost. And at SummerSlam it won't be Vader time. It'll be HBK time! At SummerSlam everyone will find out how bad HBK can truly be!

Shawn Michaels gained overness from this segment.

Michaels' SummerSlam preview!

Michaels is about to finish talking, When Vader's music hits the arena. Instead of Vader, It's James E. Cornette making his way down to the ring.

James E. Cornette- Shawn Michaels. I'm not out here to fight you. I want to leave the beating for Vader. Last Friday night you once again were left laid out at the hands of the man they call Vader. Vader has beaten you twice now leading to SummerSlam. He's destroyed you every time you got into the ring with him. Do you really think you're going to have a chance of beating Vader SummerSlam? You have been defending that title against all challengers. Every man you been in there against has lost you. Every man who's challenged you for the title has come out a loser. But Vader is different than those other men. He's beaten you twice. You have yet to beat Vader. Vader on the other hand has pinned your shoulders down to the mat twice with the Vader Bomb. The World Wrestling Federation Championship will be going around Vader's waist at SummerSlam. There's no way you'll beat him! It's going to be a massacre. How can you beat the four hundred fifty pound monster at SummerSlam? How can you beat a man who's beaten you two times one right after the other? Shawn Michaels you have had a great run as champion but Vader is going to end it at SummerSlam. August 25th, Live from Cleveland we're all going to see the end of your title reign and the end of you and the Kliq. There's no way out for you Shawn Michaels. Vader is unbeatable and he will own you at SummerSlam. Can you really beat him? I don't think so!

Shawn Michaels- You come out here and you talk alot Cornette. You talk about Vader beating me? A few weeks ago I had him right where I wanted him if you hadn't gotten involved. And since you're out here, Let me make myself perfectly clear to you. If you get involved during my match at SummerSlam in anyway. If you screw me out of the title, Then I will make you regret it Cornette!

James E. Cornette- I'll be at SummerSlam Michaels. I'll be there to see Vader end your title reign! I'll be right there at ringside to see the title go around the waist of Vader. There's nothing you can do about it! Vader's going to mop the floor with you at SummerSlam! What are you going to do if I do get involved? You can't do nothing about it! I'll..............

Without warning, Michaels drills Cornette with Sweet Chin Music knocking out Cornette! Michaels' celebration is cut short as Vader comes running down from the back! Vader gets inside the ring and he and Michaels go toe to toe! Michaels nails Vader with big right hands to the face! Michaels stuns Vader with a clothesline! Michaels comes off the ropes with the flying forearm to Vader and nips up! Vader gets up and Michaels attempts to slam Vader, But Vader hammers Michaels in the back and sends Michaels to the corner! Vader charges at Michaels and avalanches the "Heart Break Kid"! Vader powerbombs Michaels down! Michaels is left out cold as Vader grabs Cornette and helps Cornette to the back. McMahon and Ross fear that Shawn Michaels' title reign will come to an end at SummerSlam.

Shawn Michaels lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon Vs. Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie and Duke "The Money Maker" Droese

The crowd was into this one proving that Furnas and LaFon have somehow gotten over and that The Money Mine is on their way to becoming something big with the right booking. These four men were able to put on a great match up. Diamond and Swinger have real potential while Furnas and LaFon are pretty good for guys who are well over thirty years old. Duke "The Money Make" Droese was at ringside with Dawn Marie for this one even though he's not a manager. Simon and Swinger isolated Furnas early on after catching him with a double suplex. The members of The Money Mine double teamed Furnas with Droese getting a few shots in on Furnas as well. Furnas was eventually able to tag in LaFon after taking a beating. LaFon came into the ring and started cleaning house! Furnas used impressive looking suplexes to both Simon and Swinger taking them out. Furnas and LaFon came close to winning this one after nailing Simon Diamond with a double DDT but Swinger barely made the save! This one came to an end when Simon was out on the floor battling Furnas leaving Swinger and LaFon inside the ring. LaFon locked Swinger into a Dragon Sleeper but Droese ran into the ring and nailed LaFon causing a disqualification! Furnas came into the ring to try to save LaFon, But Simon and Swinger were able to take him out! Just when it looked like Furnas and LaFon were going to be the next victims of The Money Mine, Matt and Jeff Hardy came down from the back with steel chairs! The Money Mine quickly fled the ring as the Hardy Boyz checked on Furnas and LaFon. Dawn Marie did not look happy at the Hardy Boyz interference.

81, 70, 93 ***3/4

Ahmed Johnson is ready for SummerSlam

Our cameras take us backstage where Dok Hendrix is standing by with Ahmed Johnson.

Dok Hendrix- Ahmed Johnson tonight you step into the ring with Hunter Hearst Helmsley. But tonight at SummerSlam you'll face Scott Steiner in a one on one match up. Ahmed Johnson we saw Scott Steiner make his return the WWF by attacking you. At SummerSlam you two are set to face each other and I got to wonder, Can you take on the dangerous Scott Steiner?

Ahmed Johnson- Dangerous? Scott Steiner ain't dangerous! Scott Steiner might think he's some sort of bad ass but I seen people alot more dangerous where I'm from. Scott Steiner you made a huge mistake when you attacked me. Scott Steiner at SummerSlam we going to throw down and I'm going to kick your ass.

Dok Hendrix- You have never been in the ring with someone like Scott Steiner. Are you going to be able to beat him at SummerSlam?

Ahmed Johnson- I'm going to whoop that man's ass at SummerSlam Dok Hendrix. Scott Steiner attacked me like a coward and he's going to pay. At SummerSlam he's going to see why I am the baddest man in the WWF. Scott Steiner you'll be in the ring with me and you'll get tossed around like you're nothing!

Dok Hendrix- Tonight you meet Hunter Hearst Helmsley. You two have certainly have had your share of battles. You two have had wins over each other also. Tonight will you be able to beat Hunter Hearst Helmsley?

Ahmed Johnson- Hunter Hearst Helmsley and I have had our fair share of battles. He beat me at King Of The Ring. I want some revenge on him. Tonight I'm going to be picturing Scott Steiner when I'm beating Helmsley around that ring. Hunter Hearst Helmsley tonight I'm going to take your ass to school!

Dok Hendrix- Fans up next Ahmed Johnson takes on Hunter Hearst Helmsley! You don't wanna miss it!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Ahmed Johnson

These two men have fought alot of times this year alone. Last time they fought I believe it was Johnson getting the win. This one was the usual between these both men. Helmsley tried his hardest but he could not carry Johnson to anything special. Johnson started this one off running right over Helmsley with right hands and clotheslines. Johnson tossed Helmsley around the ring several times. They went out to the floor after Johnson clotheslined Helmsley to the outside. Helmsley was able to send Johnson into the steel steps turning the tide in his favor. Helmsley and Johnson went back into the ring and Helmsley worked over Johnson's back. Helmsley kept working on Johnson's back and late in the match, Helmsley locked Johnson into a abdominal stretch. Helmsley even put his arm on the ropes but Johnson was able to count out of it and make the comeback. Johnson connected with right hands to Helmsley and took out Helmsley with a big spinebuster. The ending came when Johnson went to clothesline Helmsley, Helmsley ducked and Johnson accidentally took out the referee! Johnson ended up taking Helmsley out with the Pearl River Plunge but there was no one to make the count! Scott Steiner came running down from the back with a steel chair and nailed Johnson right upside the head with it knocking him out! Steiner fled to the back with the chair while Helmsley covered Johnson! The referee came to and counted the three awarding Helmsley the win!

81, 85, 75 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sycho Sid Vs. Goldust with Marlena

Sid beat Goldust yesterday morning on Superstars for those who actually care about Superstars. Goldust attacked Sid from behind to get this one going. This one was the exact same copy of their match from Superstars except that Marlena blew cigar smoke at Sid when Goldust had Sid against the ropes. Goldust had the advantage after sending Sid into the steel steps. Goldust wore Sid down in the ring with a long camel clutch. Goldust came close to putting Sid away, But Sid was able to get out of the camel clutch and catch Goldust with a big boot to the face. Sid was able to catch Goldust with the Choke Slam after some some right hands. Sid pulled Goldust up and delivered big Powerbomb to Goldust for the one, two, three. Afterwards, As Sid was celebrating, Bob Backlund came running down from the back. Backlund tried to hit Sid, But Sid kicked Backlund in the gut and Powerbombed Backlund! Sid stood over Backlund as we went to a commercial break with McMahon wondering who Backlund is bringing at SummerSlam.

83, 87, 76 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Will Undertaker ever be the same again?

Cactus Jack's music hits the arena to huge heat from the crowd. The insane Cactus Jack makes his way down to the ring while McMahon and Ross remind us of Jack's brutal assault on Undertaker and Paul Bearer last week, They say Paul Bearer isn't likely to return. Jack grabs a microphone while the crowd boos and chant "Undertaker".

Cactus Jack- Last week I finally did it. I was able to stop Undertaker. I was also able to stop his momentum. I took out Paul Bearer and Bearer will never return. The power of the urn is no more. Paul Bearer is gone and he will never return. I know all you fans are wondering what kind of sick bastard I am for taking him out like that. But it wasn't all me. I had someone to help me with the planning. I couldn't possibly do it all by myself. I got someone else who hates you fans and Undertaker almost as much as me. Undertaker you are nothing without Paul Bearer. You're nothing without the urn. At SummerSlam you're going to be as weak as you've ever been. How can you beat me without Paul Bearer by your side? You always had a guiding force with you. But not anymore. Without Paul Bearer you're nothing. And at SummerSlam you have no way of beating me. It's a no disqualification match up. How are you planning on going to war with me? I'm the most psychotic man you've ever met. Look at what I did to Paul Bearer. He'll probably be stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. And the urn? It's gone. I made sure of that. Undertaker you've made a career of beating everyone put in the ring with you. But at SummerSlam I'm going to destroy you. All your fans will learn to appreciate and respect me after I'm done with you. Undertaker you will be the one who's resting in peace after SummerSlam. Everyone of your fans will go straight to hell with you. And then, Cactus Jack will be the biggest name in wrestling history. Why? Because...............

The fans go wild as the lights go off interrupting Cactus Jack! The bells start to gong as the purple lights come on. The music of Undertaker hits the arena as Cactus Jack stands in the ring. A voice begins to speak over the speakers and it's Undertaker!

Undertaker- Cactus Jack. Congratulations you were able to take out Paul Bearer. You took him out and you took the urn from us. You took Bearer and the urn from the creatures of the night. But surely you're not thinking that you've won the war. You took out Paul Bearer. It's unlikely that he'll ever return to the World Wrestling Federation again. You and whoever was driving that ambulance got him real good. But you should know by now that I really don't need the urn. I've surpassed what you think I am. All I need is the creatures of the night. Come SummerSlam I'll be fighting you without Paul Bearer for the first time ever. And Cactus Jack I will get retribution for what you did. You have started something that you will not be able to finish. You've made me angry Cactus Jack. Angrier than I have ever been in my whole entire life. At SummerSlam the end will be near for you. It's only thirteen days away. Thirteen days away from when I get my payback on you. The war has only begun. You can bring it all you got at SummerSlam, But in the end you'll be lying flat on your back. You thought taking out Paul Bearer would make me weaker? It's only made me stronger. And at SummerSlam you will rest in peace!

The crowd cheers as the lights come back on and Undertaker's voice stops talking. Jack stands in the ring with a sick look on his face, Not showing concern for what awaits him thirteen days from now at SummerSlam.

Undertaker gained overness from this segment.

Cactus Jack gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ultimate Warrior and Rick Martel Vs. Owen Hart and British Bulldog with James E. Cornette

The crowd was into this match big time. After SummerSlam either Bulldog or Warrior will be gone forever from the WWF. James E. Cornette was able to be at ringside for this one after getting hit by Sweet Chin Music earlier in the evening by Shawn Michaels. All four men started this one off in a huge brawl that ended up with Martel and Warrior sending both Hart and Bulldog out to the floor with a pair of clotheslines. Martel and Owen were then the legal men and gave us a nice preview of what will no doubt be a killer match between the two at this year's SummerSlam. Martel was able to keep up with Owen even though he's forty. Bulldog and Warrior then went at it next in a power sequence that ended with Warrior coming out on top. Martel was isolated after Owen caught him with the enziguri kick to the back of the head. Owen and Bulldog kept Martel away from Warrior and double teamed Martel. Owen used his speed and technical abilities on Martel while Bulldog used his power. Martel was able to catch Bulldog with a big DDT at late in the match which allowed Martel to make the tag to Warrior! Warrior came into the ring and started running right over Bulldog and then Owen with clotheslines. Warrior ended up tagging Martel back in leaving us with Martel and Owen as the legal men. Warrior and Bulldog fought out on the floor while Owen and Martel went at it, Owen went to pull something out of his tights, But Martel saw it and kicked Owen in between the legs with a low blow without the referee seeing it! Martel covered Owen and got the win! Cornette and Bulldog then helped Owen to the back while Warrior and Martel celebrated.

87, 90, 81 ***1\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jeff Jarrett puts "The Hitman" in the Sharpshooter!

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with the music of Bret "The Hitman" Hart hitting the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd. Bret Hart makes his way down to the ring while McMahon and Ross remind us that at SummerSlam, It'll be Jeff Jarrett facing Bret Hart one on one.

Bret Hart- I'm out here to talk about SummerSlam. It'll be me and Jeff Jarrett one on one at SummerSlam. And I know everyone of my fans are looking forward to seeing me beat Jeff Jarrett and show him why I am the excellence of execution. Jeff Jarrett you were able to beat me but not without cheating. See, I think you're a great wrestler. One of the best in the World Wrestling Federation without a shadow of a doubt. But you can't seem to do anything without cheating or getting Rick Rude involved. All your career here in the World Wrestling Federation has been is someone watching your back. You had The Roadie and now you got Rick Rude. At SummerSlam can you really beat me without Rick Rude or without having to resort to cheating? I don't think you're capable of beating me all by yourself. We've fought before and I beat you when you had no one backing you up. Last time we faced you were able to beat me but of course you had to resort to cheating. Jeff Jarrett at SummerSlam I hope you bring everything you got, And in the end I hope the match ends fairly.

The crowd boos as Jeff Jarrett's music hits the arena and Double J stands on the RAW entrance way with a microphone.

Jeff Jarrett- Bret Hart I can't tell you how sick and tired I am of you. You come out here and all you do is whine. All you do is talk about how unfairly you have been treated. And how I cheated against us. Well when we fought did the referee see my so called cheating? No he didn't! It's not cheating if you don't get caught. At SummerSlam I'm sure you'll make up excuses after I'm done beating you. You always got an excuse don't you? What's your excuse going to be after I beat you at SummerSlam? What are you going to come up with after I'm done with you at SummerSlam? You always have an excuse when you lose don't you?

Bret Hart- There won't be any excuses. As long as you play by the rules then there's no need to complain. I don't whine every time I lose. I just don't think you have the character to wrestle a fair match. You know you can't beat me in a one on one straight up a match. And you know that at SummerSlam the only way you'll be able to beat me is with either Rick Rude helping you or if you once again cheat. You know in your heart that you cannot beat me one on one!

Jeff Jarrett- I can beat you any day of the week Hart! I beat you last time we fought didn't I? You just can't handle the fact that I'm better than you. Your time has long since passed and it's my time! After I'm done with you at SummerSlam, You won't be anything! Your time in the World Wrestling Federation is ending. You've had your moments in the sun. It's now time for Jeff Jarrett to go the top. And what better way to go to the top after defeating Bret "The Hitman" Hart for a second time?

Bret Hart- You really think you'll beat me? I'll withstand all your cheating Jeff. I'll withstand everything you throw at me. I'm not losing back to back to you! But if you're so tough then why don't you come down to this ring right here and right now and lets go at it! Lets see if you can take on the excellence of execution! Do you think you got what it takes to go with me right now? Can you take the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be? Or are you just a coward?

The crowd cheers as Jeff Jarrett looks at the ring. Jarrett comes running down to the ring and both men start slugging away at each other! Hart gets the best of Jarrett and nails Jarrett with big right hands to the face! Hart tackles Jarrett down and hammers away on Jarrett! Hart pulls Jarrett up and atomic drops Jarrett! Hart goes to hit Jarrett, But Jarrett low blows Hart! Jarrett then pulls a pair of brass knuckles out of his pants and nails Hart in the face knocking out Bret Hart! Jarrett then grabs Hart's legs and locks "The Hitman" into Hart's own Sharpshooter! Jarrett keeps the Sharpshooter on Hart who's passed out! Officials come running down from the back and pull Jarrett off of Hart making Jarrett break the hold. Jarrett grabs the microphone as the officials check on Hart.

Jeff Jarrett- How's that for you? I locked you into your own finishing hold! Bret Hart I'm ready for SummerSlam. And I'm ready to run right over you come SummerSlam! And I promise the world that at SummerSlam I will lock you into your own Sharpshooter and make you give up!

Jarrett drops the microphone down and heads to the back as his music blares through out the arena. The officials check on Bret Hart who's unconscious. McMahon wonders if we'll ever see Bret Hart tap out to the Sharpshooter.

Owen Hart gets even with Martel!

Our cameras cut to the back where we see Rick Martel getting ready to leave the building. Suddenly Owen Hart comes out from behind and nails Martel in the back of the head with the Intercontinental Championship. Martel falls down to the ground and Owen puts the boots to Martel and stomps down on Martel! Owen lifts Martel up and rams Martel head first into a door! Martel falls down and he's out cold. Owen grabs the title and stands over Martel.

Owen Hart- This title is mine! All mine! And you're not getting it at SummerSlam! You got lucky tonight Martel! There's no way I'm losing it at SummerSlam!

Hart walks off with the title as Martel is left out cold. We go to a commercial break with Martel out on the floor.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Sycho Sid puts Goldust away with the Powerbomb. (Superstars 8/11/96)

Vader with James E. Cornette Vs. Marc Mero with Sable

Mero and Vader have fought before with Vader beating Mero. Mero went to work on Vader early on, Mero came off the ropes with a huge suicide to Vader during Vader's entrance! Mero and Vader brawled outside the ring where Vader caught Mero and tossed Mero into the steel guardrail! Vader dominated Mero back inside the ring. Vader backed Mero into the corner and used many punches on "The Wildman". Vader hit a few power moves on Mero but Mero was somehow able to kick out of everything Vader was throwing at him. Vader ended up catching Mero with a big powerslam. Vader dragged Mero to the corner and headed up to the second turnbuckle, Vader changed his mind and went up top! Vader went for the moonsault, But Mero moved out of the way just in time as Vader hit the canvas! Mero made the comeback and scored with several of his trademark moves on Vader. Mero nailed Vader with a tornado DDT and came flying off the top with a moonsault to Vader but the man they call Vader kept kicking out. Vader caught Mero at the eleven minute mark with a powerbomb! Vader dragged Mero to the corner and hit the Vader Bomb for the win! Afterwards, The crowd popped huge as Shawn Michaels came running down from the back. Michaels tried to go toe to toe with Vader, But it was obvious Michaels wasn't in any kind of shape to fight Vader after getting Powerbombed earlier in the evening. Vader quickly took Michaels out with a avalanche and nailed another Powerbomb to Michaels! Vader then Vader Bombed Michaels! Vader was once again left standing over Michaels with the announcers shouting that maybe there's nothing Michaels can do to beat Vader at SummerSlam! Monday Night Raw goes off the air with Vader standing over Michaels once again while Cornette shouted that it was Vader time!

86, 88, 84 ***1\2

Overall Rating- 86

TV Rating- 7.59

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.90

Attendance- 7,504

Ticket Sales- $300,160

SWF Tuesday

TV Rating- 0.98

Attendance- 465

Ticket Sales- $9,300

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Owen Hart

"I would like to work with Shawn Michaels at some stage, i think you'd be impressed with the results."- Steve Austin

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

News

- The WWF has signed Stevie Richards (from ECW), Van Hammer and Jeff Farmer (nWo Sting) to written contracts. All three men have been sent down to USWA.

- Bill Irwin has been released from his contract.

- ECW have signed Stan Lane to a written contract!

- Billy Kidman has agreed to an open contract with SWF!

Guest Da-One-Da-Franchise

British Bulldog AND Goldust both want to work with Billy Gunn.

I see that Billy and Bart are fighting.

When 'The Smoking Gunns' are broken up I hope to god you fued Goldust with Billy Gunn.

user posted image

Date: August 16, 1996

Tonight we're just nine days away from SummerSlam. And in the main event we'll see Goldust battle Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Bret Hart is no doubt in a bad mood after getting beat down by Jeff Jarrett last Monday night. And you know "The Hitman" can't be too happy over being locked into his own Sharpshooter by Jarrett this past Monday night.

Ahmed Johnson is going to be in Los Angeles and word has it that Johnson is going to go right after Scott Steiner tonight. You do not want to miss what happens between Johnson and Steiner tonight.

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Jake "The Snake" Roberts takes on a man who's making his debut, Tonight he faces Tiger Ali Singh. The man from India will have a tough night ahead of him as Jake is one of the best veterans in the WWF. Can Tiger Ali Singh get the win in his debut match or will Jake "The Snake" put him away?

Scorpio gets the opportunity of a lifetime as he faces Owen Hart for the Intercontinental Championship. Owen Hart has to be having Rick Martel and SummerSlam on his mind and that could cost him the gold tonight.

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty faces Scott Putski. This one will no doubt he a high flying affair. Can Jannetty get the win and continue his partying ways? Or will Putski end Jannetty's party once and for all?

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger of The Money Mine battle The Thrillseekers and Chavo Guerrero in six men tag team action. This one will no doubt be a great match up between six talented men.

Bret Hart goes one on one with Goldust in the main event!

We'll also hear from Bret Hart, Ahmed Johnson and Owen Hart. Plus many more things will go down tonight in LA!

user posted image

Date: August 16, 1996

Attendance: 10,026

Ticket Sales: $401,040

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Bret Hart facing Goldust!

Bret Hart gets his payback

The crowd goes wild as the music of Bret "The Hitman" Hart hits the arena. Bret Hart makes his way down to the ring not looking to happy over what happened last Monday night on Monday Night Raw. Perfect said if there's anyone who'd be able to make Hart tap out to his own Sharpshooter, It would be Jeff Jarrett.

Bret Hart- Last Monday night we all saw what happened. Jeff Jarrett came out here and hit me with a pair of brass knuckles and then locked me into my own Sharpshooter. But I never tapped out. I passed out. Jeff Jarrett you've made this awfully personal. First you attacked me injuring my leg, And now you tried to injure me with my own hold. Jeff Jarrett I know you got some sick thought about beating my with my own hold, But it's not going to happen. Jeff Jarrett you might be able to put me in the Sharpshooter but you will no be able to make me submit to it. I am the excellence of execution and at SummerSlam you'll find out why. It won't matter if you use brass knuckles or if Rick Rude is in your corner. At SummerSlam I'm going to unleash all my fury on you. No one has made me this mad before. And you're going to pay for all the comments you've made. You're going to pay for all the dirty tactics you've resorted to. And if Rick Rude interferes, Then I will not be held responsible for what I do to him. Rick Rude is better off staying away from Cleveland, Ohio next Sunday night. Jeff Jarrett after all we been through, You will get beaten at SummerSlam. Those who doubt me will be proved wrong at how good Bret Hart still is. I been with the World Wrestling Federation for over a decade now and I've faced everyone they thrown at me. And at SummerSlam I'm going to show you why I'm still the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be! And as far as tonight's match with Goldust is concerned, Goldust you...............

The fans start booing as Jeff Jarrett's music hits the arena. Jeff Jarrett stands on top of the stage holding a microphone and across his face is a big smile.

Jeff Jarrett- Bret Hart I knew you'd come out here and talk. You can't help but talk. If you want to talk about something, Then talk about how this past Monday night I had you locked into your own Sharpshooter. Bret Hart last Monday night everyone saw how good I am. I put you into your own hold and made it even better! Hell I have a better Sharpshooter than you do! Owen was right when he told me that he taught you the Sharpshooter. I know you would have tapped out if you hadn't passed out like a little girl. At SummerSlam there's no way you'll be able to beat me. Bret Hart at SummerSlam it's going to be a battle you're going to lose. If I can use your own hold against you, What are you going to be able to do to me?

Bret Hart- You were only able to lock me into the Sharpshooter because you had to use brass knuckles on me. At SummerSlam I dare you to be a man and fight me without Rude or the brass knuckles. If you're able to..............

Jeff Jarrett- Don't worry about SummerSlam. I'll wrestle you straight up one on one if I feel like it. If Rick Rude wants to get involved then he will and there's nothing you can do about it. And if I feel like using my handy brass knuckles then I will. What can you do about it? And tonight I hope you're watching your back!

Bret Hart- Since you're out here, Why not wait until later tonight? If you're such a big man come on down here and fight me.

Jeff Jarrett- You really want another beating? Well I guess I'll have to leave you laid out once again.

The crowd boos as Jarrett takes out a pair of brass knuckles from his tights and wraps it around his fist! Jarrett drops his microphone down and heads to the ring. Jarrett comes inside the ring and immediately goes for a right hand, Hart ducks and nails Jarrett with right hands avoiding a right hand from Jarrett! Hart grabs Jarrett's fist and takes the brass knuckles out! Hart atomic drops Jarrett and nails Jarrett with the brass knuckles right to the face! Hart locks Jarrett into the Sharpshooter and Jarrett's tapping out! Hart keeps the hold locked onto Jarrett who's screaming out in pain! The fans are going wild as Jarrett continues tapping out like there's no tomorrow! Officials come running down from the back and tell Hart to break the hold! Hart still doesn't let go! Jarrett is tapping out as the officials pull Hart off of Double J! Hart goes back after Jarrett and kicks Jarrett's leg over and over again! The officials hold Bret Hart back and check on Jarrett. Huge "Hitman" chants are heard as Bret Hart's music plays.

Jeff Jarrett gained overness from this segment.

Interview with Tiger Ali Singh

We got to the interview area where Todd Pettengill is standing by with the newest WWF Superstar, Tiger Ali Singh.

Todd Pettengill- I'm standing by with the newest Superstar in the New Generation here in the World Wrestling Federation, Tiger Ali Singh. And Tiger tonight you take on Jake "The Snake" Roberts in singles action. But tells us a little about yourself, Tell us what you goals in the World Wrestling Federation are.

Tiger Ali Singh- My goals? My goals are to be the very best. To be the first Hindu to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion. The WWF has never had a man with a Indian heritage be such a great talent like me. All these fans in the WWF are a bunch of morons you don't respect my Indian people. I got into a cab today, And the driver asked me if I wanted to drive! That's so insulting! I'm a rich business man from India and you Americans treat me like scum! Shame on you people! Shame on you too Pettengill!

Todd Pettengill- Me? What did I do?

Tiger Ali Singh- You look at me like I'm crazy. Like I'm making up lies. But I am not. Your people, Your American people have been treating us Hindus like trash. You American people have no sense of heritage. Your countrymen are a bunch of fat disgusting hicks. Your people are all ignorant. America is a filthy country. I only came here to become a superstar in the WWF. And I will leave my legacy after I get done in the WWF.

Todd Pettengill- Tonight you take on Jake "The Snake" Roberts. He's not only a proud American, But he's one of the top wrestlers in the whole entire world today. How do you plan on beating Jake "The Snake" Roberts tonight in your debut match?

Tiger Ali Singh- Jake Roberts is another reason why these people are a bunch of morons. Why do they like him? He's a out of shape, Past his prime has been! Jake how you even became a big superstar is beyond me. I guess all you Americans share something with Jake, You're all morons! Each and everyone of you are morons who disrespect my Hindu pride! Jake Roberts tonight I'm going to teach you a lesson old man! Never again will you or any other American disrespect my Hindu people! I know all my fans in India will be watching this and they'll be cheering me on! I am Tiger Ali Singh and I am the Hindu hero!

Todd Pettengill- Fans can the "Hindu Hero" beat Jake "The Snake"? We'll find out when this exciting night of action returns.

Tiger Ali Singh debuted his new gimmick (Foreign Royalty).

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tiger Ali Singh Vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts

The crowd was pretty dead for this match up. I guess most people weren't paying attention to Tiger's interview about how much he hates America and stuff. Tiger was pretty decent out there and his ring attire looks like the one Mr. Perfect used to wear, Except on the back it says "Hindu Hero". Hendrix and Perfect spent most of the match talking about how Singh was perhaps being a little over dramatic about America. Perfect said that the American folks don't respect the Hindus as much as they're suppose to be respected. This match was a bad debut for Tiger, As Jake looked pretty out of it out there. Tiger had control through out most of this one until Jake was able to make the comeback. Jake hit the DDT to Tiger but Tiger was somehow able to kick out! Tiger ended up kicking Jake right in the face and hitting a Reverse Neck Breaker to Jake to pick up the win. Afterwards, Jake offered Tiger a handshake, But Tiger spat in Jake's face and left the ring. Hendrix couldn't believe how disrespectful Tiger was while Perfect said it was good for Tiger to spit in the face of Jake who's a man who does not respect his Hindu ways.

64, 65, 65 *

Tiger Ali Singh gained overness from this match.

Tiger Ali Singh is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

Interview with Owen Hart

We go the interview area where Kevin Kelly is standing by with the WWF Intercontinental Champion, Owen Hart.

Kevin Kelly- Owen Hart tonight you prepare to put your Intercontinental Championship on the line against Scorpio. But at SummerSlam next Sunday night it'll be you and Rick Martel one on one in a match that Commissioner Ric Flair has made. Owen, It seems like the odds are against you. Rick Martel pinned you last Monday night and.............

Owen Hart- interrupting Kevin Kelly Kevin you keep your trap shut! Rick Martel did beat me on Monday night but that's because he had to use a low blow! Rick Martel uses a low blow on me and all these fans cheer him! They cheer a forty year old has been! It's amazing how much these fans like this guy. He's nothing! Rick Martel can't beat me in a singles match and he knows it. Rick Martel if you want to cheat at SummerSlam then bring it on! Last Monday night I left you laid out like you were nothing more than a piece of trash!

Kevin Kelly- Well you have certainly angered Rick Martel after your attacks on him. Are you scared he might show up tonight?

Owen Hart- Why would I be worried about Rick Martel showing up? After last Monday night, He won't be getting out of bed for a week! He won't make it to SummerSlam after last Monday night. Rick Martel is probably stuck in some hospital after what I did to him. They should cancel the match at SummerSlam and not make me defend the title for many months. I already proved that I'm the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time. There's no need for me to beat down a senior citizen too!

Kevin Kelly- Tonight it will be you and Scorpio for the title. Scorpio has impressed alot of people since debuting in the World Wrestling Federation. And some people might think your title will be in jeopardy tonight.

Owen Hart- Those people are all a bunch of morons. Scorpio is not a challenge. Sure he can fly around the ring but I'm the "King Of Harts". Not only can I take it to the air but I'm a technical marvel. I'm the best athlete in this company. And I don't need to remind you that I am the Intercontinental Champion. And the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time. Scorpio the only gold you can look forward to getting is getting old filling in your teeth after I get done knocking the snot out of you. Tonight I'm going to walk down to that ring and prove to you why I am the best wrestler there's ever been. I'm the champ and I'll remain the champ for a long time to come!

Kevin Kelly- Can Owen Hart remain the Intercontinental Champion? He certainly seems to think so. But fans Scorpio might have something to say about that. Stay tuned because up next we'll see Owen Hart defend the World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship against Scorpio!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Owen Hart© Vs. Scorpio

Owen Hart and Scorpio had a tremendous match up on Friday Night Mayhem. The crowd was into Scorpio here for the first time since he joined the World Wrestling Federation. That's the advantage of being put in there against Owen Hart, He's so hated by the fans that they'll cheer guys like Bob Holly and or Scorpio. Looks like they want to make Friday Night Mayhem the match oriented show with great matches while Monday Night Raw will have more angles and matches will be given less time. This match had it all. Great wrestling, Some high flying on the part of Scorpio and great near fall sequences that made the crowd believe Scorpio was going to walk away with the title. After ten minutes of grueling battle, Scorpio went up top. He went for the Scorpio Splash, But Owen moved out of the way and Scorpio hit the canvas! Owen then caught Scorpio with the enziguri kick as Scorpio was getting up for the win! Owen then headed up the stage with the title and held it high in the air. Owen's celebration didn't last too long though, Rick Martel attacked Owen from behind and tackled Owen on the steel stage! Martel pounded away on Owen with right hands to the face! Officials had to hold Martel back while Owen ran away with the title!

92, 85, 100 ****3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty Vs. Scott Putski

Jannetty seems as motivated as ever, Ever since he got the "Party Boy" gimmick he seems to be enjoying himself out there and putting on great matches. Jannetty started off dancing at the referee and at Putski. The second generation superstar didn't like this one bit and took Jannetty out with a huge drop kick. These two had a very solid bout. Putski continues to impress alot of people as well as the newly motivated Jannetty. This one was a hair below being as good as Owen/Scorpio but the crowd wasn't into it as much. "Party Boy" was able to take control of this one after catching Putski with a powerslam. Jannetty came close to putting Putski away, But the young man kept coming back for more. Jannetty ended up catching Putski with a back suplex and headed up top. Jannetty took too long up top with all his dancing, Jannetty eventually went for a big splash, But Putski easily rolled out of the way! Putski made the comeback but he couldn't put away "Party Boy". Putski ended up coming off the top with his cross body block, But Jannetty rolled through and hooked the tights for the win! Afterwards, Jannetty danced all the way to the back saying there's gonna be a party tonight!

87, 76, 98 ****1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Is Scott Steiner afraid of Ahmed Johnson?

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with the music of Ahmed Johnson hitting the arena to a great ovation from this huge crowd. Johnson makes his way down to the ring with a steel chair not looking too happy. Johnson throws the chair inside the ring and sets it up. Johnson grabs a microphone and sits down on the chair.

Ahmed Johnson- I came out here for one reason and one reason only. To get some payback. Last Monday night I was in the ring about to whoop Hunter Hearst Helmsley's ass when that cracker Jack fool Scott Steiner made his way down to the ring and hit my upside the damn head with a steel chair. Scott Steiner you ain't nothing more than a coward and a punk. Steiner I got this steel chair with me and I hope you come down to this ring so I can hit you upside your head with it player. Scott Steiner at SummerSlam we going to have a throw down and I'm going to toss you around that ring like I used to toss around punks in the street. I know you here tonight, And I want you to come down to this ring so we can have our own little SummerSlam preview tonight.

The fans boo as Scott Steiner's music hits the arena. Scott Steiner stands on top of the entry way holding a microphone.

Ahmed Johnson- Come on down here Steiner! I got a nice steel chair waiting for your head!

Scott Steiner- You think I'm a moron? You think I'm going to come down to that ring and let you nail with me that chair? You're nothing more than a thug. You need a chair to beat me down.

Johnson tosses the chair to the outside!

Ahmed Johnson- I ain't armed now, I am?

Scott Steiner- I'm sure you probably got a pocket knife or a box cutter with you. I can't risk being injured before my huge return to a WWF ring because of some thug.

Ahmed Johnson- Are you scared Scotty boy? Are you scared of going off on your own? Are you scared you ain't got no partner? Big brother ain't here for you now! You on your own! You started this game and now I'm going to end it! You stepped right out of the frying pan and right into the fire!

Scott Steiner- You think I'm afraid of you? I don't need anyone backing me up. I'm the man who's the best gifted athlete in all the world today. I'm a natural born thriller Ahmed Johnson. You're just a thug from the streets. You need to go back to the streets and get out of the World Wrestling Federation. I came back to the WWF to fight the real superstars of this so called New Generation but they put you in my way? I already beat you down twice and you keep coming back for more just like the animal that you are. I'm not afraid of you.

Ahmed Johnson- If you're not afraid then come down to the ring and lets have a throw down!

Scott Steiner- I'm not going to risk beating you up before SummerSlam. So the answer is no! I'll see you at SummerSlam Ahmed Johnson!

The crowd boos as Scott Steiner's music hits the arena. Steiner heads to the back as Ahmed Johnson does not look pleased. Hendrix wonders is Steiner is perhaps afraid of Ahmed Johnson while Perfect says that Steiner isn't afraid of anyone.

Scott Steiner gained overness from this segment.

Ahmed Johnson gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie Vs. The Thrillseekers and Chavo Guerrero

This one was another solid bout. The Money Mine isolated the young "Lion Heart" Chris Jericho here and gave the young man from Canada a beating. The Money Mine is getting more heat each week out there. And having the charismatic Dawn Marie as their manager will get them pretty far in the WWF. The Money Mine each had turns beating down the young Jericho which brought a big smile to Dawn Marie's face. Jericho ended up catching Simon with a bulldog and tagged in Chavo. All six men went at it and somehow, Storm and Swinger were the legal men in the ring. Dawn Marie was able to strike Storm with a low blow behind the referee's back allowing Swinger to nail the Swing Thing to Storm and pick up the win! Afterwards, The Money Mine posed on top of the stage while Chavo and Jericho checked on Storm.

82, 72, 92 ***3/4

Will they split up?

We go the back where we see Billy Gunn standing by in his locker room. The door opens and Bart Gunn comes inside the locker room.

Bart Gunn- Billy we need to talk man.

Billy Gunn- Talk about what?

Bart Gunn- About your recent attitude. Look man I understand you want to win. But the way you been acting has really been upsetting me.

Billy Gunn- Upsetting you or the fans? Because I don't give a damn about what the fans think of me.

Bart Gunn- Don't say that. You know you like the crowd getting behind us. And it's been upsetting me. You've been beating up referees, Throwing fits, Attacking opponents from behind and yelling at me. Your own brother!

Billy Gunn- So? That's what you got to do to become a winner around here Bart.

Bart Gunn- No you don't! We can play the way we've always played. We've been three time tag team champions. We've done it without cheating. We can be the champions again but only if we're together.

Billy Gunn- If we're together? What's that suppose to mean?

Bart Gunn- Billy if you keep up the way you're going, Then we might have to split up.

Billy Gunn- What? Are you insane? What's the matter with you? Doesn't the fact that I'm your brother mean a damn thing to you?

Bart Gunn- Of course it does. But I can't put up with your cheating and your attitude. Either you change or the team is done Billy.

Billy Gunn- All right, We need to talk about this Bart. I mean..............

Bart Gunn- No Billy, You have to make up your mind. Either we stay together as a team or we split and you go off on your own.

Billy Gunn- I made up my mind. We're brothers. We're family and we stick together. I'll change. It's not worth ending the team me being a jerk.

Bart Gunn- I'm glad we worked things out Billy.

They shake hands and then hug. Billy doesn't seem too confertable.

Billy Gunn- So am I Bart, So am I. Things are going back to the way they used to be.

Interview with Bret Hart

In the interview area backstage, We see Michael Cole standing by with Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

Michael Cole- Bret Hart tonight you take on the bizarre Goldust in singles action. But earlier tonight you snapped once again and locked Jeff Jarrett into the Sharpshooter. Jarrett was tapping out and you wouldn't let go of the hold. Jarrett has really angered you hasn't he?

Bret Hart- Yes you can say that Jeff Jarrett has angered me and that he's caused me to snap. Jeff Jarrett, I hope you learned your lesson. And I hope you stay in the back during my upcoming match up. If you come down to the ring during my match, I'll end up breaking your legs!

Michael Cole- At SummerSlam it'll be you and Jeff Jarrett in a one on one match. After all we've seen from you two, How is it going to end at SummerSlam?

Bret Hart- At SummerSlam the match will end with me making Jeff Jarrett tap out to the Sharpshooter. Jeff Jarrett tonight you already got your preview of what's going to happen come SummerSlam. I'm going to show you why I'm the excellence of execution and why I am the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be. At SummerSlam I will be victorious.

Michael Cole- Tonight you take on Goldust, Goldust is certainly one of the most bizarre wrestlers this company has ever known. And he loves to play mind games with his opponents. How do you prepare to step into the ring with someone like Goldust?

Bret Hart- Goldust can play his mind games all he wants tonight. But they're not going to work. Goldust you made a career out of fooling your opponents. Well you won't be able to fool me tonight. Your foolish games won't take away from the fact that you have no chance of beating me tonight. I think you're a great wrestler but your games won't get you anywhere with me tonight. I am the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be for a reason, I don't let my opponents get to me.

Michael Cole- Fans up next Bret Hart faces the bizarre Goldust in the main event!

Bret Hart gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Vader beats Marc Mero with a massive Vader Bomb! (Monday Night Raw 8/12/96)

Bret Hart Vs. Goldust with Marlena

Hart and Goldust had good chemistry out there. Bret Hart came down to the ring looking ready for a fight and took it right to Goldust early on, Nailing Goldust with right hands to the face and sending the bizarre one out to the floor with a clothesline. Hart sent Goldust into the steel steps and rammed Goldust's head into the steps various times! They went back into the ring with Hart still kicking Goldust's ass. Goldust eventually turned the match his way after catching Hart with the uppercut. Goldust worked over Hart's back and sent Hart into the steel steps out on the floor! Goldust picked the top part of the steps up and nailed Hart in the back with it while Marlena distracted the referee! Goldust also sent Hart into the steel ring post back first various times! Goldust continued pounding Hart's back and came close to putting "The Hitman" away. Goldust ended up going for the Curtain Call, But Bret slipped out of it and made the comeback. Hart nailed Goldust with his trademark moves and worked over Goldust's legs as well. After coming off the second turnbuckle with a elbow drop to Goldust's heart, Bret locked Goldust into the Sharpshooter and Goldust quickly tapped out giving Bret the win! As Bret was celebrating, Jeff Jarrett came running down from the back! Jarrett punched Hart right in the face using the brass knuckles! Jarrett nailed Hart over and over again knocking out "The Hitman"! Jarrett locked Hart into the Figure Four as Friday Night Mayhem went off the air.

91, 94, 87 ***3/4

Overall Rating- 84

TV Rating- 6.91

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.97

Attendance- 7,522

Ticket Sales- $300,880

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.31

Attendance- 618

Ticket Sales- $18,540

SWF Friday

TV Rating- 1.02

Attendance- 464

Ticket Sales- $9,280

Notes

"I would like to work with Billy Gunn at some stage, i think you'd be impressed with the results."- British Bulldog

News

- Mr. Perfect has suffered a broken nose and will be out of action until next month. (not that it matters since he's being used as a non wrestler for now)

user posted image

Date: August 19, 1996

Attendance: 10,019

Ticket Sales: $400,760

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Marc Mero taking on Hunter Hearst Helmsley!

Steve Austin and Al Snow with Ted DiBiase Vs. Yokozuna and Fatu

Austin and Snow haven't been used all week despite being the tag champs. And they're not on the SummerSlam card either with the event being one week away. This one was the usual between both teams. Austin and Snow made Fatu and Yokozuna look real good by selling all their shots and getting their asses handed to them in the beginning. Austin and Snow isolated Fatu and pounded on Fatu through out the match usual some illegal tactics on the friendly samoan. Fatu was able to make the tag to Yokozuna and Yokozuna came into the ring and started cleaning house! Snow and Austin were both taken down by right hands and judo chops by Yokozuna. Ted DiBiase ended up tossing one of the tag titles into the ring, Snow caught it and nailed Yokozuna with it behind the referee's back for the win! Snow, Austin and DiBiase then headed to the back with the titles acting like they just defended the titles even though this was a non title match.

82, 83, 81 ***

Interview with Chris Kanyon

Todd Pettengill interviewed Chris Kanyon in the back. Pettengill told Kanyon that he's facing Savio Vega today despite Vega not being cleared by the doctors to wrestle. Kanyon said that this is his second match with the World Wrestling Federation and that he's looking forward to ending Savio Vega's career on Superstars. Kanyon told the fans that he's a larger than life superstar.

Chris Kanyon gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chris Kanyon Vs. Savio Vega

Savio requested one last match with the company before his contract runs out next month. I guess he wants to leave in good terms so maybe he'll return one day. This one was to basically show off how talented Kanyon is. It worked too since Vega did a good job of selling for Kanyon. The crowd could have cared less about this one though. Kanyon isn't over and no one cares about Vega. Kanyon won this one with a razor's edge into a sit out powerbomb. Afterwards, Kanyon posed while Vega looked to be out of it. Good bye Savio, Hope you enjoyed jobbing.

64, 47, 82 **1/4

Savio Vega lost overness from this match.

Chris Kanyon gained overness from this match.

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Albert and Sean Waltman with Ted DiBiase Vs. D'Lo Brown and Bob Holly

Here's two other men who haven't been used all week on the main shows. It seems like the WWF doesn't know whether to push Albert or not. He's decent in the ring and he had a solid bout with Undertaker at the Pay Per View last month. But it seems like the upper card is already stacked with heels. And turning him would be quite retarded. These two teams had a great match up. Holly and Brown are two solid workers who look like could have a big year next year if they don't get injured or into trouble. Albert and Waltman isolated Brown early on and kept him away from Holly through out the match. Brown ended up catching Waltman with the Sky High and made the hot tag to Holly. Holly came into the ring and started cleaning house. Holly almost won the match after connecting with a huge drop kick to Albert, But Albert had his foot on the ropes. Albert ended up catching Holly with the A-Bomb while Waltman and Brown went at it on the outside to get the win.

82, 79, 85 ***3/4

Interview with Scott Steiner

We're shown some comments from Scott Steiner after Friday Night Mayhem went off the air. Steiner said that Ahmed Johnson didn't scare him one bit. Steiner said that Johnson doesn't scare anyone with half a brain. Steiner said come SummerSlam everyone would see the end of Ahmed Johnson. Steiner asked the crowd what they're going to think after they see Ahmed Johnson being left in a puddle of blood next Sunday night.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tiger Ali Singh Vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts

This one was the same exact copy of their match from Friday Night Mayhem. In real life the crowd saw this match twice in one night since Superstars is taped before Friday Night Mayhem on the same night. They were a bit more quieter for this one than the Friday night match. Tiger won this one with his Reverse Neck Breaker. Afterwards, Jake went for a handshake, But Tiger just looked at him and spit at Jake before leaving the ring.

64, 63, 65 *

The fans were confused by the gimmick change of Tiger Ali Singh (old school heel) so soon after his last one.

Tiger Ali Singh gained overness from this match.

Interview with Marc Mero and Sable

Dok Hendrix interviewed Marc Mero and his wife/manager Sable in the interview area. Mero told Hendrix that he and Hunter Hearst Helmsley have had one hell of a history in the World Wrestling Federation. Mero said that he respects Helmsley as a wrestler but not as a person. Mero made sure to say today he's beat the King Of The Ring winner. Sable just stood in the back trying not to do anything.........

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Bret Hart puts Goldust away with the Sharpshooter! (Friday Night Mayhem 8/16/96)

Marc Mero with Sable Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

These two always put on a solid bout together and this one was another great match between both men. Helmsley had the upper hand through out most of the match while the announcers talked about the week it's been in the World Wrestling Federation and how SummerSlam is only a week away. Both these men are also in the upper midcard and they have no matches for SummerSlam. Helmsley ended up going up top, But Mero shook the ropes crotching Helmsley on the top turnbuckle. This allowed Mero to nail a big hurricanrana off the top turnbuckle to Helmsley! Mero scored with a few of his trademark moves to Helmsley, But the 1996 King Of The Ring winner kept kicking out. Helmsley won this one after hitting a low blow to Mero behind the referee's back and following it up with the Pedigree for the three! Superstars went off the air with Helmsley posing while Mero was down on the canvas being checked on Sable.

87, 88, 87 ***3/4

Overall Rating- 77

TV Rating- 3.00

SWF Sunday

TV Rating- 2.22

Attendance- 476

Ticket Sales- $9,520

WCW Road Wild

Pay Per View Buyrate- 1.55

Attendance- 16,264

Ticket Sales- $975,840

Pay Per View Revenue- $3,875,000

ECW The Unforgiven

Attendance- 3,264

Ticket Sales- $130,560

ABWF Living In Sin

Attendance- 27

Ticket Sales- $270

Notes

"I'd like to work with Bret Hart if possible."- Jeff Jarrett

"I'd like to work with Jeff Jarrett if possible."- Bret Hart

"I'd like to request a match or two with Steve Austin. I'm pretty sure we could do some good work together."- Shawn Michaels

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We have superior star power on our roster, which is hurting their image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them."- Sophie

News

- The behavior of the Ultimate Warrior has annoyed several other members of the locker room.