World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

Hopefully long dead...

Anyways, good couple of shows. Nice to see Jesse will probably get a bit of a push. Crush doesn't really do anything for me, but it seems like he might be a big part of the tag title match.

Marty winning 2 matches? Is this a... push? Excellent.

Owen vs. HBK will probably score huge, but I don't see HBK losing the gold, not for awhile.

Hopefully long dead...

Anyways, good couple of shows. Nice to see Jesse will probably get a bit of a push. Crush doesn't really do anything for me, but it seems like he might be a big part of the tag title match.

Marty winning 2 matches? Is this a... push? Excellent.

Owen vs. HBK will probably score huge, but I don't see HBK losing the gold, not for awhile.

Edited by Baby Hewey

Guest Jaymz_(JMH)_Hallos

Jannetty might get pushed somewhere down the line, I'm not really a fan of Jannetty's but for some reason the "Party Boy" gimmick caught on and he's 82 over in EWR.
Edited by Jaymz_(JMH)_Hallos

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Date: September 13, 1996

We're just nine days away from In Your House "Featured Attraction". And tonight we're going to see a big tag team battle take place. Raven and Cactus Jack team up to face the unlikely tag team of Undertaker and Marc Mero. At In Your House "Featured Attraction", We'll see Raven battle Undertaker in a no disqualification match with Cactus Jack being barred from ringside! Tonight, Both Raven and Undertaker will be in the ring together! What will happen between these two men? What will happen between Jack and Undertaker as well?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley is the man responsible for screwing Bret Hart out of his match with his brother Owen on Monday Night Raw. Tonight we'll hear from Hunter Hearst Helmsley. What is Helmsley's reason for costing Bret Hart his match and a chance of becoming the number one contender? Will "The Hitman" show up?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Steve Austin and Al Snow get ready for their match with the Hardy Boyz next Sunday night by defending the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship against Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon!

British Bulldog takes on former Camp Cornette member Yokozuna in singles action!

Sean Waltman defends his Million Dollar Championship against Chavo Guerrero. This will no doubt be a great match between these two young high fliers.

Sycho Sid battles Brian Christopher. Can Christopher score the upset and defeat Sid?

And in the main event, Marc Mero and Undertaker team up to face Raven and Cactus Jack!

We'll be hearing from Shawn Michaels, Hunter Hearst Helmsley and we'll see the Jesse James footage shown from Monday Night Raw! All this and much more on UPN!

Guest Prototype

Nice couple of shows. I had a feeling Owen would win, and a match with HBK should be good. I could see Bret getting involved in it too. Martel vs Vader makes sense, and could be a big upset for Martel in my eyes. Im wondering who Adams will bring in to back him up. Hopefully not the DOA from a few years back. If they weren't so old, Id say a Demolition reunion would be awesome!

user posted image

Date: September 13, 1996

Attendance: 10,043

Ticket Sales: $401,720

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Raven and Cactus Jack teaming up to take on Marc Mero and Undertaker!

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Steve Austin and Al Snow© with Ted DiBiase Vs. Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon

These two teams put on quite the match up. Furnas and LaFon look to have quite a future in the WWF if they continue putting on solid matches. Snow and Austin continue to progress well as a tag team each and every time they're out there. Furnas and LaFon took it to the champions early on and beat down Snow and Austin like they were two government mules. Furnas and LaFon had control of the match in the early stages, With Austin and Snow getting their asses handed to them. Austin ended up catching LaFon with a big spinebuster which allowed the champions to take control of the match up. Snow and Austin double teamed LaFon and kept him away from his partner Furnas. Snow and Austin wore down LaFon with plenty of submission holds, But LaFon wouldn't give it up, And Furnas kept making the save. LaFon caught Snow with a release German suplex and made the hot tag to Doug Furnas. Furnas came into the ring and started cleaning house. Furnas and LaFon came very close to winning the titles after taking Snow out with a rockerplex, But Austin was able to make the save. Austin and LaFon ended up on the outside while Snow and Furnas went at it in the ring. Furnas nailed Snow with right hands and took Snow down with a Russian legsweep. Furnas then went for a super kick, But Snow ducked and locked Furnas into the Million Dollar Dream! With LaFon battling Austin on the outside, Furnas had no choice but to tap out! Afterwards, Snow and Austin posed with the titles while LaFon helped Furnas to the back. Ted DiBiase was all smiles. Dok Hendrix asked if maybe the Hardy Boyz would beat Austin and Snow once again at In Your House, But this time for the titles.

93, 89, 97 ****1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bret Hart attacks Hunter Hearst Helmsley!

The fans start booing as Hunter Hearst Helmsley's music plays. The 1996 King Of The Ring makes his way down to the ring with a smile on his face. Hendrix reminds us that Helmsley cost Bret Hart his match with Owen Hart this past Monday night. Helmsley grabs a microphone and prepares to talk while the fans chant "We want Bret".

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Won't you people ever learn? Didn't I tell everyone that Bret Hart would not be the number one contender for the World Wrestling Federation Championship? Bret Hart, I told you that your time was up. But did you listen? Of course not. You're too stupid to listen. You thought you actually had a chance of getting the title shot? You might have beaten me in the tournament, But I told you that you weren't getting the shot. I'd rather have your brother Owen get the title shot rather than you. Bret Hart, You have to understand this, Whether anybody likes it or not, I'm the man around here. I am the leader, I am the general, I call the shots. That's the way it works. I'm on my way to the top of the World Wrestling Federation. And I'm going to start by taking you out. Not by wrestling you, But by making your life a living hell from now on. You should have never beaten me. Your time is up. I am a better wrestler than you, I got a better body than you, And I'm smarter than you. You people can boo me all you want, But it's true. Bret Hart's time is up. As much as you love him, As much as you respect him, You got to face the facts. You got to face the fact that, Bret Hart is not World Wrestling Federation Championship material anymore. Bret Hart's time has long passed him by. Bret Hart shouldn't be facing Shawn Michaels for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. I'm the one who should be getting the title shot. I cracked that steel chair over Bret's head for a reason. And that reason was, Bret Hart's era is over. He's had a great run in the World Wrestling Federation. But he has to realize that I am the future. There won't be a match between me and Bret, You want to know why? Because there's no one that can boss me around! Bret Hart, You'll stay away from me if you don't want another beating! I................

The crowd cheers as Bret Hart's music plays. Bret Hart comes down to the ring in street clothing and "The Hitman" does not look happy. Helmsley looks a bit worried as Hart walks down the entry way. Hart gets inside the ring and goes right after Helmsley! Both men start slugging it out! Hart gets the best of Hunter Hearst Helmsley! Bret Hart hammers away on Helmsley with right hands rocking down the Greenwich blue blood snob. Hart atomic drops Helmsley and sends the King Of The Ring out to the floor with a clothesline! Bret Hart goes out after Helmsley! Hart connects with stiff right hands to Helmsley's forehead! Hart grabs Helmsley by the head and rams Helmsley's head into the steel steps! Hart rams Helmsley's head into the steps time and time again! Hart rolls Helmsley into the ring. Hart grabs Helmsley's legs and pulls Helmsley into the steel ring post crotch first! Hart grabs a steel chair from ringside and nails Helmsley on the legs with it! Hart hammers away on Helmsley's left leg with the steel chair over and over again! Bret Hart wraps Helmsley's leg around the ring post and puts Helmsley into a ring post assisted figure four! Officials come running down from the back to boos from this 10,000+ plus crowd. They pull Bret off of Helmsley who's screaming saying that his leg is broke! They keep Bret away from Helmsley and make Bret Hart head to the back. Hart says he's not done with Helmsley as we go to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

British Bulldog Vs. Yokozuna

These two men were of course members from Camp Cornette. This one was not a pretty match. Davey Boy Smith didn't seem to be able to work well Yokozuna. The crowd was into this one however. Lots of "Bulldog sucks" and "Bonzai" chants filled the arena. Bulldog went for a few suplexes attempts, But he could not get the pick man up. Yokozuna tossed Bulldog around the ring a few times and avalanched Bulldog in the corner. Yokozuna was finally taken off his feet when Bulldog hit him with a flying clothesline. Bulldog locked Yokozuna into a rear chin lock for a long time. Yokozuna eventually got out of it and made the comeback. Yokozuna caught Bulldog with a big samoan drop and then the belly to belly. Yokozuna dragged Bulldog to the corner and went for the Bonzai Drop, Bulldog moved out of the way and Yokozuna hit the canvas! Bulldog covered Yokozuna and got the win!

82, 89, 66 *3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Million Dollar Championship

Sean Waltman© with Ted DiBiase Vs. Chavo Guerrero

This is no doubt the match that WWF officials had in mind for Chavo Guerrero. And these two men put on one hell of a first match between them. Waltman started off out wrestling Chavo, But got too cocky which allowed Chavo to nail Waltman with a drop kick sending Waltman out to the floor! Chavo then hit a big suicide dive to Waltman on the outside! They went back into the ring and started doing a pin fall/reversal sequence. Waltman caught Chavo with a spinning back heel kick turning things his way. Waltman grounded Chavo and kept getting closer and closer to putting the young man away. Waltman ended up going up top. Waltman went for a swanton bomb, But Chavo moved out of the way and Waltman hit the canvas! Chavo made the comeback and hit Waltman with drop kicks and then caught Waltman with a tornado DDT for a very close near fall. Chavo took Waltman out with the Brainbuster and covered Waltman! Waltman put his foot on the ropes before the referee could count to three! Chavo lifted Waltman up and went for another Brainbuster, Waltman countered and took Chavo over with a backslide! Waltman had his feet all over the ropes and got the win to retain the title! After the match ended, Waltman and DiBiase headed to the back with the Million Dollar Championship while Chavo argued with the referee.

89, 79, 100 ****3/4

Commissioner Flair makes Helmsley's night worse!

We go backstage where we see Hunter Hearst Helmsley getting medical treatment. Helmsley seems angry and tells the doctors to get away. Commissioner Ric Flair enters the doctors area.

Ric Flair- How you feeling Helmsley?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- How am I feeling? That lunatic almost broke my leg! You should suspend him! I'm hurt!

Ric Flair- You're hurt huh?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Yes! Look at my leg! It's all bruised! I won't be able to wrestle for weeks!

Ric Flair- The doctors told me it wasn't anything serious........

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- They're wrong. What do they know? They're just morons.

Ric Flair- They told me that you'll be able to wrestle, Hell, You could wrestle tonight if you wanted to!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Tonight, Come on Commissioner! I can't possibly wrestle tonight.

Ric Flair- That's all right, I don't plan on making you wrestle tonight. I just came to see how one of the best young stars is doing.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- I could be doing better. What was Bret Hart thinking? Is he out of his mind?

Ric Flair- Well, You did screw him out of his opportunity to become the number one contender by hitting him over the head with a steel chair. What were you thinking Helmsley?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- What was I thinking?

Ric Flair- Yeah. What were you thinking Helmsley? Screwing the man like that?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- You know what I was thinking? I was thinking that Bret Hart shouldn't be able to fight for a chance at the WWF Championship. His time is up. It's my time now. I should be getting the title shots. I'm the King Of The Ring. I want to be in there with the big names.

Ric Flair- You will be in the ring with a big name. Don't worry about that.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- What are you talking about? Am I getting a title shot?

Ric Flair- No you're not. But, At In Your House "Featured Attraction" it'll be you and Bret Hart! One on one!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- What? No way! I already faced him! He's nuts! You can't make me!

Ric Flair- I just did. You shouldn't have cost him his match. You think you call the shots around here? Well, You're wrong pal! I make the rules around here! Not you! And I say you'll wrestle Bret Hart at In Your House "Featured Attraction" next Sunday night! Woooooooooo! And you better hope he's cooled down by then!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Fine! If that's the way you want it, Then I'll face Bret Hart. I'll beat him and then you'll have no choice but to kick him out of the World Wrestling Federation. I'm the future and I will defeat him at In Your House. Bret Hart's time is up, It's Hunter Hearst Helmsley's time now.

Ric Flair- Well, I know I'll be watching someone get their butt kicked at In Your House. I just hope you'll be able to walk after In Your House. Woooooooooo!

Ric Flair leaves the medical room while Helmsley looks concerned. Hendrix and Perfect wonder if Helmsley crossed the line this time.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sycho Sid Vs. Brian Christopher

Christopher carried Sycho Sid pretty well despite being a rookie. This one was a basic squash match. I guess they're making Christopher earn his keep out there. Being Jerry's kid won't get him any special treatment...... Sid started off tossing Christopher all over the ring. Sid hammered Christopher with right hands and kept running over Christopher with clotheslines. Christopher went out to the floor to take a break, But Sid went right out after him! Sid beat the snot out of Christopher on the outside and tossed Christopher back into the ring. Christopher was able to nail Sid with some right hands, But Sid didn't feel anything and beat down Christopher. Sid press slammed Christopher and followed up with a huge Choke Slam! Sid pulled Christopher up and Powerbombed Christopher! Sid covered and got the win! After the match ended, Jacobs' music hit the arena. Bob Backlund lead the monster Jacobs down to the isle way. Jacobs got into the ring and went right after Sid as Backlund watched from ringside! Both men traded blows! Sid caught Jacobs with a huge Choke Slam! Sid called for the Powerbomb, But Backlund got up on the apron which distracted Sid! Jacobs got up to his feet and nailed Sid from behind! Jacobs Choke Slammed Sid down! Backlund told Jacobs to finish Sid off! Jacobs then pulled Sid up to his feet and hit him with the Powerbomb Of Pain! Backlund came into the ring and laughed as Jacobs stood over Sid.

83, 85, 81 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Adams Vs. Goldust

Brian Adams seems to be getting quite the fan support since his recent face turn. Mr. Perfect and Dok Hendrix won who "The Brotherhood" Adams is bringing in could be. Remember that there's four men Adams said he's bringing in to battle Ted DiBiase's Corporation. Goldust and Adams worked well together. Both these men brawled in the beginning, With Adams beating the gold off of Goldust so to speak. Both men brawled on the outside, And Goldust send the bigger Adams to the steel steps! Marlena even got involved and blew cigar smoke into Adams' eyes. Goldust brought Adams back into the ring and got a few near falls on Adams. Goldust caught Adams with the Curtain Call, But Adams kicked out at 2 somehow! Adams then made the comeback and caught Goldust with right hands. Adams took Goldust down with a tilt a whirl back breaker and a clothesline! Adams hit Goldust with a big boot and pulled Goldust up to his feet. Brian Adams hit Goldust with a devastating Heart Punch to the chest! Adams covered Goldust and got the win! Afterwards, While Adams was celebrating, Albert from The Corporation came running down to the ring! Both big men started slugging away at each other! Adams was able to clothesline Albert out to the floor! Albert headed to the back while Adams said that his "Brotherhood" was coming.

83, 84, 83 ***3/4

Brian Adams gained overness from this match.

Jesse James video

*From Monday Night Raw*

Footage begins to air of "The Roadie". We're shown footage of the Armstrong Family where we see the youngest one, Brian Armstrong. We're taken to the WWF studios where Jesse James is shown sitting down in a chair.

Jesse James- When I left the World Wrestling Federation last year, There was plenty of controversy. People asked me "why"? Why would I leave the WWF? Because, I was loyal to my friend Jeff Jarrett. Jeff Jarrett believe it or not, Was always there for me. We did get into a brief scuffle at the second In Your House, But we worked things out. I know not many fans of the World Wrestling Federation like Jeff Jarrett. Hell, At times I don't like the son of a gun myself. But, He's the one who brought me into the WWF in the first place. I didn't like being his "roadie". But, I did get to wrestle in some matches after awhile. I got to wrestle guys like Razor Ramon, Bob Holly and plenty of other men. But, Am I coming back to team up with Jeff Jarrett? No. Why? I've already been Jarrett's partner. I'm coming back to be on my own. I don't need anyone else. It's going to be me. All by myself. No need for anyone else. I'm coming to show everyone that I don't need to be anyone's "roadie" or whatever. I've set myself some big goals. And I know I can make them come true. I know I'll be able to become a champion here in the World Wrestling Federation. And who knows? Maybe someday, People will say that Jesse James was the greatest World Wrestling Federation Champion of all time.

The video ends with McMahon saying that the last part, Part III with Jim Ross asking Jesse James no holds barred questions will air next week on Monday Night Raw!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ric Flair makes Bret Hart's night a little better

Our cameras take us to the back where Commissioner Ric Flair is shown walking around the hallway. Ric Flair goes up to a door with "Bret Hart" on it. Flair comes into the locker room and Bret Hart is shown sitting down.

Ric Flair- Bret, We need to talk about what happened earlier tonight between you and Helmsley.

Bret Hart- What about it? Did he go and whine about getting beat down? He deserved it after screwing me this past Monday night.

Ric Flair- I don't know if you heard, But I made a match between the two of you for In Your House next Sunday night. You get him in the ring.

Bret Hart- That's not good enough. You and everyone else know I should be fighting for the title. I had Owen beat this Monday night.

Ric Flair- But, You didn't win. In the end, It was Owen pinning you. I can't change the decision. The match is already set. Owen gets his title shot and you face Helmsley. But there might be something I can do to make your match with Helmsley a little better for you.

Bret Hart- What would that?

Ric Flair- The winner of you and Helmsley, Will face the World Wrestling Federation Champion at the next In Your House event in October! The winner meets either Owen Hart or Shawn Michaels at In Your House "Darkest Day" on October 20th! How about that Bret?

Bret Hart- That sounds excellent with me, Not only do I get to beat Helmsley, But I also get a title shot. You tell Hunter that he better bring all he's got to In Your House next Sunday night. Because I am. I will beat him once again. And I will show him why I am the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be when I get done with him.

Ric Flair- You and Helmsley will no doubt fight it out like never before to get the title shot. Good luck Bret, Woooooooo!

Ric Flair exits the locker room and Bret Hart is left with a smirk on his face.

Raven and Cactus Jack Vs. Undertaker and Marc Mero

Sable was going to come down to the ring with Mero, But Mero told her to go to the back. Mero probably didn't want to take any chances with Raven and Jack out there. Undertaker came down to the ring to a thunderous ovation from this huge crowd. All four men started this match off brawling. Undertaker went after both Raven and Jack! The four men ended up on the outside! Mero was able to fight Jack while Undertaker did a number on Raven. Mero and Jack went into the ring where Jack caught Mero with a piledriver. Jack and Raven isolated Mero while Undertaker stood in the corner waiting for the tag. Raven would beat Mero down in the corner and scream "What about me? What about Raven?" like a lunatic. Jack and Raven kept Mero away from under for minutes. Mero was finally able to tag in Undertaker, After he took Jack out with a DDT. Undertaker got tagged in and started cleaning house! Undertaker took both Jack and Raven out! Undertaker pounded Jack in the corner and then pounded on Raven in the corner like a mad man! Undertaker and Jack were left in the ring as the legal men while Raven fought Mero on the outside. Raven nailed Mero with the Evenflow DDT right out on the floor! Raven then came into the ring with a steel chair! Jack was able to distract the referee while Raven nailed Undertaker over the back with the chair! Raven followed up by hitting Evenflow DDT to Undertaker right on the steel chair! Raven threw the chair to the outside and Cactus Jack covered Undertaker to pick up the win! Raven and Cactus Jack stood over Undertaker as Friday Night Mayhem went to a commercial break.

90, 91, 88 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Sid Powerbombs Jeff Jarrett for the win! (Monday Night Raw 9/9/16)

Who will walk out the champion?

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Shawn Michaels' music hitting the arena to a huge ovation from the fans. Michaels makes his way down to the ring with the WWF Championship over his shoulder to a huge ovation from this sold out crowd. Michaels poses with the title while his pyros go off him. Michaels is handed a microphone and the "HBK" chants fill the arena.

Shawn Michaels- The number one contender has finally been decided. And it turned out to be Owen Hart. Bret's baby brother is the one who will challenge the "Heart Break Kid" for the World Wrestling Federation Championship next Sunday night. I gotta admit, I never thought Owen Hart would have done it. I never thought Owen Hart would have won. I thought Bret would have beaten him within a inch of his life. But, That's the way the dice rolls sometimes. And I'm just glad I got an opponent. Owen, You and I have had our share of issues. I never liked you for some reason. And I certainly didn't like it when you nailed me with the enziguri kick to the back of my head last year. That knocked me out and put me in a hospital for weeks. I did enjoy beating you this past February, But now I'll once again be stepping into the ring with you on Pay Per View. It's the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels putting the title on the line against Owen Hart. Owen, Despite all the times I've beaten you. I'm looking forward to locking it up with you one more time. I want us to end this whole issue between us. And what better way than to end it all, Then for HBK to put the title on the line against you? I'm going to step into the ring with you and I will beat you Owen. You might think you're on a role, But that's all going to change this Sunday night. I will defeat you. All my fans in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania will be cheering me on when I tune up the band and knock your teeth down your throat with Sweet Chin Music! You have no chance in hell of becoming the World Wrestling Federation Champion! Shawn Michaels' time as champion is only in the beginning, I'll keep the title around my waist for as long as I desire! I..........

Owen Hart's music plays and the fans start booing. Owen Hart stands on top of the entry way with a microphone. Owen stares down Michaels and he doesn't seem too happy over Michaels' comments.

Shawn Michaels- I knew you'd come out here. After all, It's just like the Hart's to come out and interrupt someone. Hell, Your brother does it and you know what the say, Little brother follows!

Owen Hart- You shut your mouth! You think you're going to make me angry over these comments? I stepped out of my brother's shadow a long time ago Michaels. I stepped out of his shadow two years ago when I beat him at Wrestlemania X. You and I have something in common believe it or not, We've both beaten my brother Bret at Wrestlemania. And this past Monday night, I beat him to become the number one contender for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. And I will be the man who defeats you next Sunday night for the title. I will become the new World Wrestling Federation Champion. You don't stand a chance of beating me.

Shawn Michaels- I don't stand a chance of beating you? I've beaten you before Owen. I've beaten you when you challenged me for the title before. You're the one who stands no chance in hell of beating me. You only got the shot, Because Hunter Hearst Helmsley interfered. Will he be there for you next Sunday night? Can you fight me one on one without anyone helping you out?

Owen Hart- I took you out last November all by myself didn't I? Didn't I nail you in the back of your head and leave you laying? Paramedics had to help you after I nailed you in the back of the head! You were left down. I almost ended your career. Can you imagine what I'll do to you when the title is on the line? You think I care about injuring you once again? I want to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion. I don't care what happens to you out there. I want the title. I want to be the next World Wrestling Federation Champion. I will do everything it takes to make sure you don't leave Philadelphia with the title around your waist. I'm going to be the champion, Even if you have to go back to the hospital.

Owen Hart drops his microphone down as his music plays. Hart heads to the back while Michaels stays in the ring. Friday Night Mayhem goes off the air with Hendrix saying that Owen Hart is obsessed with winning the title, And that Shawn Michaels' career could end next Sunday night!

Overall Rating- 86

TV Rating- 8.00

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.90

Attendance- 7,525

Ticket Sales- $301,000

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.38

Attendance- 463

Ticket Sales- $9,260

SWF Friday

TV Rating- 0.99

Attendance- 509

Ticket Sales- $10,180

user posted image

Date: September 15, 1996

Attendance: 10,004

Ticket Sales: $400,160

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Hardy Boyz taking on Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger.

"The Lethal Weapon" Steve Blackman with Ted DiBiase Vs. Scorpio

Blackman seems to be getting the odd push Albert got when he first came into the WWF. Though, Blackman isn't as big and isn't as hoss like as Albert. So that might not get him pushed too far. Blackman was called the "silent assassin" by the announcers. Blackman and Scorpio had a pretty solid bout between them with the crowd getting behind Scorpio's high spots. Blackman controlled most of the match until Scorpio caught him with a running enziguri kick to the back of the head. This allowed Scorpio to make the comeback. Blackman won this one after he caught Scorpio coming off the ropes with the Pump Kick to the chest for the three count. Afterwards, Blackman stood over Scorpio with a emotionless look on his face.

78, 70, 86 ***1\4

Scorpio lost overness from this match.

Steve Blackman gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Duke "The Money Maker" Droese and Dawn Marie

Backstage, Todd Pettengill interviewed Duke "The Money Maker" Droese and his manager Dawn Marie. Pettengill hyped Droese's match with Scott Putski coming up next. Pettengill asked if there was anyway that Duke Droese could beat the young high flier. Dawn Marie answered all of Pettengill's questions, Basically saying that money could beat all and she hinted that The Money Mine maybe interested in Scott Putski if he gives Droese a challenge.

Dawn Marie gained overness from this segment.

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese with Dawn Marie Vs. Scott Putski

Putski and Droese didn't seem to have a good match. But the crowd was into this one. Putski proved to be quite the challenge for Droese and came close to putting the former garbage man away several times. But the now rich Droese was able to catch Putski coming off the ropes with a back elbow to the face to turn things his way. The announcers mostly drooled over Dawn Marie instead of talking about the match at hand. Putski made the comeback and got Droese with a few near falls. Putski connected with the cross body, But Droese kicked out at 2. Droese then caught Putski coming off the ropes with the Money Compactor to score the win. Droese then posed while Dawn Marie clapped.

77, 78, 76 **1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Headbangers Vs. Masked Americans

These two teams haven't been on TV in ages. The Headbangers have an attitude problem which is mostly Mosh. While the Masked Americans haven't gotten as over as the bookers had hoped. This one was a pretty well worked tag team match. The crowd was into it somewhat. Despite these four not being on TV all that much in recent weeks. The Masked Americans looked like they were going to win after Lombardi caught Thrasher with a DDT, But Mosh was the legal man and not Thrasher. Mosh came off the top with the Moshpit to Lombardi and got the win.

78, 70, 86 ***1\4

Jacobs will reign supreme next Sunday night

We're shown pre recorded footage from Jacobs with his manager Bob Backlund. Backlund did most of the talking while Jacobs stood back and looked intimidating. Backlund hyped the Jacobs/Sid match next Sunday night at In Your House "Featured Attraction". Backlund told Sid there would be nowhere to run because Jacobs would be coming for him. Jacobs spoke in a soft voice and told Sid, He was going to show everyone what happens when you mess with "Uncle Bob".

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Albert with Ted DiBiase Vs. "Canada's Greatest Athlete" Alex Porteau

They're pushing Porteau as "Canada's Greatest Athlete" which might get him a few pops when the WWF goes to Canada again. Porteau and Albert had a pretty decent match up, But the crowd wasn't really interested. Albert seems to be improving somewhat. The announcers kept reminding us of the Brian Adams/Corporation feud and how Adams vowed to get "The Brotherhood" to take out The Corporation. Porteau took the fight to Albert and came close to putting away the massive member of The Corporation. In the end, Albert caught Porteau with the A-Bomb to score the win.

73, 66, 80 **1\2

Jesse James video

*From Monday Night Raw/Friday Night Mayhem*

Footage begins to air of "The Roadie". We're shown footage of the Armstrong Family where we see the youngest one, Brian Armstrong. We're taken to the WWF studios where Jesse James is shown sitting down in a chair.

Jesse James- When I left the World Wrestling Federation last year, There was plenty of controversy. People asked me "why"? Why would I leave the WWF? Because, I was loyal to my friend Jeff Jarrett. Jeff Jarrett believe it or not, Was always there for me. We did get into a brief scuffle at the second In Your House, But we worked things out. I know not many fans of the World Wrestling Federation like Jeff Jarrett. Hell, At times I don't like the son of a gun myself. But, He's the one who brought me into the WWF in the first place. I didn't like being his "roadie". But, I did get to wrestle in some matches after awhile. I got to wrestle guys like Razor Ramon, Bob Holly and plenty of other men. But, Am I coming back to team up with Jeff Jarrett? No. Why? I've already been Jarrett's partner. I'm coming back to be on my own. I don't need anyone else. It's going to be me. All by myself. No need for anyone else. I'm coming to show everyone that I don't need to be anyone's "roadie" or whatever. I've set myself some big goals. And I know I can make them come true. I know I'll be able to become a champion here in the World Wrestling Federation. And who knows? Maybe someday, People will say that Jesse James was the greatest World Wrestling Federation Champion of all time.

The video ends with McMahon saying that the last part, Part III with Jim Ross asking Jesse James no holds barred questions will air next week on Monday Night Raw!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Brian Adams defeats Goldust with the Heart Punch!(Friday Night Mayhem 9/13/96)

Hardy Boyz Vs. Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger

The referee wouldn't let Dawn Marie or Duke Droese come down to the ringside area for this match up. These four men put a solid tag team match. The Hardy Boyz are continuing to impress people in the back with how good they've become. Diamond and Swinger isolated Jeff Hardy early on and beat him down. The crowd was behind the Hardy Boyz through out the whole match up and booed the members of The Money Mine. Jeff eventually tagged in Matt who came into the ring and cleaned house. Matt and Jeff used some nice double team moves on Diamond and Swinger to keep them down. Matt won the match with a tornado DDT to Swinger. Superstars went off the air with the Hardy Boyz celebrating their win.

87, 77, 97 ****1\4

Overall Rating- 79

TV Rating- 2.76

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.97

Attendance- 7,514

Ticket Sales- $300,560

SWF Sunday

TV Rating- 2.23

Attendance- 510

Ticket Sales- $10,200

Notes

"I'd like to request a match or two with Bret Hart. I'm pretty sure we could do some good work together."- Jeff Jarrett

"I would like to work with Ron Simmons at some stage, i think you'd be impressed with the results."- Sycho Sid

Edited by Baby Hewey

Yeah he's just called Jacobs, I did have several names lined up for him. Like "Kane Jacobs", And other ones, But Jacobs just seemed like a better name for him. About the PPV name, I used that name like twice in my WWF 95 diary and just used it for this event, I had no other names for this PPV so I just used "Featured Attraction". No big deal though, I'm sure some people hate the PPV names as well :D

user posted image

Date: September 16, 1996

We're just six days away from In Your House "Featured Attraction". And on that night, Owen Hart finally gets his chance to become the WWF Champion when he battles Shawn Michaels. But tonight at Madison Square Garden, We'll see a huge tag team match up. This match up will no doubt play a huge part on Sunday night's Pay Per View. Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels once again have to team up. This time they'll be facing Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Owen Hart. Helmsley will face "The Hitman" Sunday night while Michaels faces Owen Hart. It's no secret that HBK and Bret Hart do not get along. And last time they were partners, They almost came to blows! Owen and Helmsley seem to have the advantage here tonight. And two of these four men will be facing each other at next month's In Your House event. This match will no doubt play a big part in many things to come.

The third and final Jesse James video will air. Jim Ross conducted this special interview earlier in the day. Jim Ross asked James so tough questions and we're going to show it all tonight. What does Jesse James have to say? We do know that Jesse James will make his in ring return, This Sunday night on the Free For All prior to In Your House "Featured Attraction".

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Ahmed Johnson joins forces with the Hardy Boyz to face Steve Austin, Al Snow and Scott Steiner! This will be quite the explosive six men tag match. This will also be a match that has a role on what will happen this Sunday night.

Brian Adams faces former Corporation ally, Albert. Last Friday night we saw Albert try to attack Adams after his match up. It didn't work and tonight both these big men will battle one another!

Fatu battles a former three time Intercontinental Champion, Jeff Jarrett. Can Double J pick up this huge win? Or will Fatu continue to spread his good feelings through out the WWF?

Bart Gunn battles Scott Taylor, Bart will no doubt be thinking about his brother Billy Gunn, The man he faces this Sunday night. Could this be Taylor's advantage?

Sycho Sid goes one on one with the powerhouse Ron Simmons! This should be a great match between two brawlers.

And in the main event, Bret Hart joins forces with Shawn Michaels to face Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Owen Hart!

Vader will also be in Madison Square Garden and we'll hear from Vader as to why he beat down Rick Martel last week. We'll also have the final part to the Jesse James interview! And, We'll hear from Owen Hart! All this and much more, Only on the USA Network!

Guest Prototype

Good shows. IYH look solid. The Hart/HHH match has me stumped with the #1 contenders stip. I could see Bret winning and setting up a match with HBK, or Bret could get screwed again and HBK vs HHH seems like a viable match too. Plus, an IYH event seems too low scale for a HBK/Bret re-match. Cool to see Mayhem take place in my area too- Louisville Kentucky!

user posted image

Date: September 16, 1996

Attendance: 10,039

Ticket Sales: $401,560

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart teaming up to face Owen Hart and Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

Ahmed Johnson and Hardy Boyz Vs. Scott Steiner, Al Snow and Steve Austin

Ahmed Johnson will go up against Scott Steiner this Sunday night, While the Hardy Boyz challenge Austin and Snow for the WWF Tag Team Championship. All six men started this one off with the face team disposing of the heel team. McMahon said that Ted DiBiase wasn't at ringside, Because he was going to be at ringside for the Adams/Albert match. And he was getting Albert ready. Steiner was able to catch Jeff Hardy coming off the top with a overhead belly to belly suplex. Which allowed the heel team to isolated the nineteen year old youngster. Austin and Snow showed a more vicious side and took Jeff Hardy apart. Snow and Austin used a few suplexes and submission holds on Hardy. Steiner also used suplexes and his strength advantage over Jeff Hardy. Steiner was able to toss Jeff around the ring a couple times like Jeff was a rag doll. Snow and Jeff ended up being in the ring. Jeff caught Snow with a version of the enziguri kick and made the hot tag to Ahmed Johnson. Johnson came into the ring and started cleaning house. All six men got back into the ring, And the Hardy Boyz took it to Snow and Austin on the outside which left Johnson and Steiner in the ring. Johnson caught Steiner coming off the ropes with a huge spinebuster. Johnson then pulled Steiner up to his feet and hit Steiner with the Pearl River Plunge for the win! Afterwards, Snow and Austin helped Steiner to the back while Johnson and the Hardy Boyz celebrated their big win, Six days before In Your House "Featured Attraction".

87, 86, 89 ***3/4

Interview with Brian Adams

We go to the interview area where we see Dok Hendrix standing by with Brian Adams.

Dok Hendrix- Brian Adams, Tonight you take on Albert of The Corporation in singles action. Last Friday night, You fought Goldust and defeated Goldust. After the match was over, Albert tried to attack you. It seems like The Corporation will be coming after you, What is going through your mind knowing that The Corporation wants to see you get beat down?

Brian Adams- You think that The Corporation scares me Dok Hendrix? I was a member of The Corporation. I know how they think. I know how they act. I know what each and everyone of their moves are. I'm ready for The Corporation. I got "The Brotherhood" with me. And they don't like The Corporation and Ted DiBiase very much.

Dok Hendrix- You claim that this "Brotherhood" is coming. But, We haven't seen them come yet. You said there's four men. When are they coming?

Brian Adams- The first one will be there for In Your House this Sunday night. He's already called me and told me he'll be there this Sunday night. Who knows? Maybe he and I will get Snow and Austin after their match up. Either way, There's four men who want The Corporation dead as much as I do.

Dok Hendrix- Tonight it's you and Albert one on one. You know Albert very well. He's one of the top stars in The Corporation. Will you be able to beat him tonight?

Brian Adams- Albert is one big bad man. I was in The Corporation with him and I saw what he did to his opponents. Albert can run right over anyone they put in his way. Except for me, Albert might be used to beating smaller men. But, I'm not a small man. I'm just as big and just as bad as Albert is. Tonight, I'm going to show all these people that I'm alot more better than Albert. And, That I can beat anyone, Anytime.

Dok Hendrix- Good luck out there Brian, Fans, Monday Night Raw returns from the break with Brian Adams facing Albert!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Adams Vs. Albert with Ted DiBiase

This is probably Jim Ross' dream match. He was the one who suggested having Albert fight Undertaker at July's In Your House event. These two hosses put on quite a solid match. It wasn't a catch-as-catch-can type of match, But it was a good kick em in the rear type match. Both these men went at it each other with right hands in the beginning. Albert was able to take Adams out to the floor with a clothesline. Albert distracted the referee, And Ted DiBiase kicked Adams on the outside! Albert went out after Adams, And send the big man to the steel steps! They went back inside the ring, Where Albert was able to gorilla press slam Adams! Albert got a few close near falls on Adams, But Adams kept kicking out. Albert went for the A-Bomb, But Adams slipped out of it and put the big man down with a DDT. Adams made the comeback and caught Albert with right hands. Adams hit Albert with a few clotheslines and booted Albert in the face for 2. Adams went for the Heart Punch, But DiBiase got up on the apron! Adams decked DiBiase off the apron, But turned around right into a clothesline from Albert! Albert lifted Adams up and went for the A-Bomb, But Adams nailed Albert with the Heart Punch in midair to score the win! Steve Blackman of The Corporation then came running down from the back to try to attack Adams, But Adams booted Blackman out to the floor! Albert, DiBiase and Blackman then headed to the back while Adams celebrated his win in the ring.

80, 76, 85 ***1\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jeff Jarrett with Rick Rude Vs. Fatu

Jeff Jarrett sadly isn't booked for the Pay Per View this Sunday night. Jarrett carried Fatu to perhaps, Fatu's best match in the World Wrestling Federation. The announcers spent most of the match talking about In Your House "Featured Attraction" and tonight's main event. Jarrett had control of this one for most of the match. Rude got involved a few times by distracting Fatu and getting a few cheap shots in on the friendly samoan. Fatu eventually made the comeback and scored with a few shots in Jarrett. Fatu clotheslined Jarrett and avalanched Double J in the corner. Fatu went for a super kick, But Jarrett grabbed Fatu's leg and took Fatu down with a knee breaker. Jarrett then locked Fatu into the Figure Four. Fatu quickly tapped out and Jarrett was awarded the win. Afterwards, Rude got some shots in on Fatu's leg while Jarrett did his strut.

82, 82, 83 ***3/4

Plate glass window

Right after the Jarrett/Fatu match, We're taken to the back where a brawl has broken out! We see Undertaker and Cactus Jack going at it! Raven is shown down on the floor! Jack and Undertaker hammer away at each other! Officials try to stop them from fighting, But each men shoves the officials out of the way to go after each other! Undertaker sends Jack head first into a wall! Undertaker grabs a steel chair and drills Jack right on the side of his face with it! Raven tries to attack Undertaker, But Undertaker nails Raven with a right hand and sends Raven right into the wall! Jack attacks Undertaker from behind! Jack punches Undertaker several times! Undertaker knees Jack in the gut and tosses Jack right through a plate glass window! The officials hold back Undertaker as Jack screams out in pain! Undertaker walks off leaving Raven down on the floor, And Cactus Jack down on the floor as well, With glass all over his body!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bart Gunn Vs. Scott Taylor

Bart Gunn looked determined out there and there was a few "Bart" chants. McMahon and Ross kept putting Billy Gunn versus Bart Gunn as the most heated brother versus brother match in wrestling history. Taylor and Bart worked well together. Taylor doesn't seem to have any ring rust in him after being out for two months with a eye injury. Bart started off red hot by kicking Taylor's ass. They went out to the floor, And Bart tried to slam Taylor on the outside, But Taylor countered and send Bart face first into the steel ring post! Taylor rolled Bart back into the ring and took the advantage. Taylor hit Bart with a few suplexes and came close to putting Bart away after coming off the top with a frog splash to Bart. Taylor ended up going for his Flying DDT, But as Taylor was coming off the top, Bart caught him with a midair spear! Bart covered but Taylor had his foot on the ropes. Bart made the comeback and hammered Taylor with right hands. Bart caught Taylor with a impressive looking vertical suplex and called for the end. Taylor got up to his feet, And Bart ran right over Taylor with the Forearm Shot! Bart covered Taylor and got the 1,2,3. Afterwards, Billy Gunn came running down from the back. Billy got up on the apron, But instead of coming into the ring to fight his brother, Billy chose to walk away and head to the back. McMahon and Ross hinted that Billy might be afraid of his brother.

82, 80, 84 ***1\4

Interview with Owen Hart

We go backstage where we see Owen Hart standing by.

Owen Hart- This Sunday night is the biggest match of my career. I take on Shawn Michaels for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Everyone thought it would be my brother Bret getting this title shot. Everyone thought that last week, Bret would walk all over me and capture the title shot. But things didn't work out for Bret did it? Because in the end, It was me beating Bret one, two, three. No one thought I could do it. That just proves how stupid all you fans are. And that proves how stupid Shawn Michaels is. Shawn Michaels also thought that Bret would beat me. He thought I stood no chance, Well I proved him wrong. Just like I proved everyone else in the World Wrestling Federation wrong. Now, I'm the number one contender. This Sunday night I will become the new champion. It's meant to be. Everyone knows that I am the best Hart family member. Everyone knows that I am going to walk out there this Sunday night ready. I told Shawn Michaels that I would do everything it takes to beat him. And I will. If I have to, I'll knock him right upside his head once again. And then what? Can he really take another blow to the back of the head like that? I don't think so. You might have beaten me in the past, But I'm in better shape than you. All those titles defenses, The schedule that comes with being the World Wrestling Federation Champion, They have all gotten to you. You're not at one hundred percent and you haven't been since you won the title. I'm ready for tonight, And I'm ready for In Your House. Sunday night, Owen Hart is going to be remembered as the guy who beat Shawn Michaels for the title. Shawn Michaels, There's nothing you can do to stop me from becoming the new WWF Champion. I'll see you later tonight, And then, I'll be standing over you this Sunday night with the WWF Championship.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sycho Sid Vs. Ron Simmons

Sid's been asking to work with Simmons for quite awhile now, And unlike Ultimate Warrior who asked to work with Mabel, These two actually put on a solid showing. Simmons might be in line for a push or more TV appearances since the crowd seems to boos him, Despite him having wrestled a few number of matches since his debut in January. This could be a preview of the Sid/Jacobs match, As both Simmons and Jacobs and Simmons are hosses, Except Jacobs is a better brawler than Simmons is and he's quicker. Not to mention, He's better when it comes to technical wrestling than Simmons. Simmons had the upper hand after he caught Sid coming off the ropes with a stiff clothesline. Simmons pounded Sid in the corner and stomped down on Sid. Simmons went for the Dominator late in the match, But Sid got out of it and caught Simmons with a clothesline. Sid made the comeback and caught Simmons with a big boot. Sid pounded down on Simmons and eventually Choke Slammed Simmons! Sid then went for the Powerbomb, But Jacobs came running down from the back! Jacobs got into the ring and ran right over Sid with a clothesline! This caused a disqualification and Sid was awarded the win. Afterwards, Jacobs picked Sid up and easily Choke Slammed Sid! Jacobs dragged Sid back up and took Sid out with the Powerbomb Of Pain! Jacobs stood over Sid with his music playing. Jacobs yelled out that Sid was going to pay for what he did to "Uncle Bob".

85, 84, 87 ***1\2

Ron Simmons debuted his new gimmick (Old School Heel), it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Vader once again leaves Martel laid out!

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with Vader's music playing. The crowd starts booing as the four hundred fifty eight pound monster makes his way down to the ring. Vader grabs the microphone from the time keeper while McMahon and Ross remind us of Vader's brutal attack on Rick Martel last week on Monday Night Raw.

Vader- I been getting alot of questions as of late. People have asked me why I beat down Rick Martel last week. Why did I leave him laid out? You want to know why? Because he beat down James E. Cornette! Now there's no more Camp Cornette. Rick Martel, You ended Camp Cornette! James E. Cornette has been left in a hospital bed after what you did to him. I lost my chance to become number one contender without James E. Cornette by myself. Now, I'm going to have to take you right back to the hospital. I know there's been a match signed for this Sunday night. You and I one on one for your Intercontinental Championship. But, It's about more than the title. Without James E. Cornette doing business for me, I might not get a shot at the World Wrestling Federation Championship ever again! I'm going to get even with you! I'm going to annihilate you this Sunday night! I left you laying last week, And they needed a damn ambulance to take you out. Imagine what I'm going to do to you this Sunday night! I will..........

The crowd cheers as Rick Martel's music blasts through out the arena. The Intercontinental Champion walks down to the ring looking ready for a fight! Martel gets inside the ring and goes toe to toe with Vader! Both men start nailing each other with right hands! Martel gets a few shots in on Vader, But his too injured from last week and Vader's shots have more affect on Martel! Vader pummels Martel with right hands! Vader backs Martel into the corner and punches Martel on the face and ribs! Vader sends Martel to the opposite corner. Vader lets out a grunt and charges at Martel with a huge avalanche! Martel slumps down to the canvas and holds his ribs. McMahon shouts for someone to come down and help Martel. Vader pulls Martel up to his feet and positions Martel for a powerbomb, Vader puts Martel down with a powerbomb! Vader drags Martel to the corner and calls for the Vader Bomb! Vader climbs the turnbuckles and looks down at Martel before crashing down on the Intercontinental Champion with a massive Vader Bomb! Vader grabs the microphone while Martel is left out cold.

Vader- How do you plan on beating me now boy? It's going to be Vader time this Sunday night!

Vader's music plays to boos from the crowd. Vader leaves the ring while Rick Martel is left out cold.

Vader lost overness from this segment.

Jesse James video

We're shown the same footage of Jesse James that we've been shown for weeks now. After the footage ends, We're taken to the World Wrestling Federation studios where we see Jim Ross sitting down in a chair, Right across from him is Jesse James. McMahon and Ross tell us that this was shot earlier in the day.

Jim Ross- Jesse, I'm glad you could join me today. Obviously the fans know that as we speak right now, I'm at the announce position with Vince. Jesse, We've been seeing these videos of you. You're talking about how you're returning to the WWF. This Sunday night, You're going to be wrestling on the Free For All before In Your House "Featured Attraction". But before we talk about that, How does it feel to be back in the World Wrestling Federation?

Jesse James- It feels wonderful Jim Ross. I'm glad that I've been able to come back to the place I started at. It's been too long since I been in a WWF ring. It's been too long since I went out there and had the crowd on their feet. I have been wanting to return for quite sometime, And now I'm back. It's going to be a wild ride.

Jim Ross- The night that you left the World Wrestling Federation was the night that Jeff Jarrett lost the Intercontinental Championship to Shawn Michaels. Near the end of the match, You went to trip Shawn, But you accidentally tripped Jeff Jarrett. Later on during the show, We got word that you and Jeff Jarrett got into a confrontation, What happened on that night in 1995?

Jesse James- Basically, Me and Jeff got into a scuffle. He blamed me for the loss and started cursing and shouting at me. We got into it and the officials had to pull us apart. I seriously wanted to get Jeff into that ring and go whip his butt.

Jim Ross- But, Jeff Jarrett ended up leaving the World Wrestling Federation to go on tour and promote his song "With My Baby Tonight". Why did you leave? Did you go be his roadie? What happened?

Jesse James- Jeff thought that he wanted to go out there and promote his song. He wanted to be a big singer. In the end, It worked out. His song went platinum. I did not leave to be his roadie. I needed a break. He and I did work things out, He offered to let me open up the shows for him. Since I am also quite the accomplished singer, But, I told him I wanted to take a break and sort things out. And I did. I'm back here now.

Jim Ross- Have you talked to Jeff Jarrett? How do you think his career is going since he returned in December?

Jesse James- I think his career is going very well. I don't know about him aligning himself with Rick Rude, But whatever floats his boat. I have talked to Jeff several times. We're still tight. We worked things out last year, And we're still friends.

Jim Ross- Does that mean you two could team up again?

Jesse James- Oh no, Not right now. Right now, I am focusing my career on being a singles wrestler. Jeff is going his way and I'm going my way. I want to see what I can do on my own. Last year, I went pretty far in the King Of The Ring. And that was when I was just his roadie. Imagine how my career will go now. I been getting in the ring. I been working out, I been doing everything a real wrestler should be doing. I'm ready. I'm excited about being back. Me and Jeff are still friends, But I don't think we'll be tag teaming anytime soon.

Jim Ross- Your return is this Sunday night, Who do you want to step into the ring with the most?

Jesse James- I definitely want to get into the ring with the champions. I'd love to face Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship, Or Rick Martel for that matter. But, I know I have to start out small. There's plenty of guys in that locker room that are better wrestler than me, That have been here for ages that haven't gotten title shots. So, I'm going to just go out there and wrestle. If I get my title shots, I get them. I just want to go out there and entertain that live crowd. I think I'm going to do pretty well for myself here in the World Wrestling Federation.

Jim Ross- Last time you were here, The fans hated you. Do you think they'll cheer or boo you? Do you care?

Jesse James- I hope that our great fans can learn to cheer me. But, I'm going to go out there and wrestle for myself. I hope I get some fan support, But if not, That's fine with me. I know being Jeff Jarrett's former "roadie" has got to make things sour for me. I'm going to go out there and try to make the best of things.

Jim Ross- You will be in action as already mentioned, This Sunday night. You'll be wrestling on the Free For All. We don't know who you'll be facing. What do you have to say to your opponent? Six days before you step into the ring and make your return?

Jesse James- Whoever steps into the ring with me, I want you to know that I'm doing to go out there and give it my all. I been wanting to return to the World Wrestling Federation for quite sometime now. I don't want to be a loser in my first match back. I know you've probably watched me as "the roadie". But, I've gained alot more experience. Don't count on facing "the roadie". Count on facing Jesse James this Sunday night.

Jim Ross- What are your goals this time around? What are some goals you have set for yourself this time around in the World Wrestling Federation?

Jesse James- I want to entertain these fans. I want to go out there and get the crowd into my matches. I want the fans to know that it was worth buying the ticket to see Jesse James wrestle. That's my first goal. I also want to become a big success. Like everyone else that's stepped through that door, I want to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion. That's one of my top goals. If you're a WWF Superstar and you don't want to be the World Wrestling Federation Champion, Then you shouldn't be here. I want to go out there and wrestle guys like Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Sycho Sid, Kevin Nash and all those other big stars. I know my future is going to be bright this time around. I've gained some wrestling experience, And I'm ready for my career in the World Wrestling Federation.

Jim Ross- Well Jesse, I wish you the best of luck son. Good luck this Sunday night as well.

Jesse James- Thank you Jim Ross, I'm going to make my mark on the World Wrestling Federation. In due time, Everyone will know what Jesse James is all about.

The video ends and we're taken back to the announce position. McMahon says that James' opponent for the Free For All for Sunday night has been decided, He'll take on "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Steve Blackman runs right over Scorpio with the Pump Kick!(Superstars 9/15/96)

Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart and Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Bret Hart shoved Michaels out of the way and went to Helmsley to get this one started. Michaels then went right after Owen. All four men brawled with Bret tossing Helmsley out to the floor. Michaels then sent Owen right into Bret knocking both brothers out to the floor! Michaels didn't seem too concerned over Bret being knocked down. Michaels and Owen went at it for bit, With Michaels out wrestling Owen and then taunting the "King Of Harts". Next up, Helmsley and "The Hitman" went at it. Bret beat Helmsley senseless with right hands in the corner. Bret then catapulted Helmsley right into Michaels knocking Michaels off the apron! Bret like Shawn, Didn't seem concerned for his partner and went right back to work. Bret got isolated after Helmsley caught him with the knee buster. Owen and Helmsley beat down Bret while Michaels stood in the corner and waited for the hot tag. Helmsley and Owen kept Bret away from Michaels most of the match and came close to putting "The Hitman" away. Bret Hart caught Owen with a DDT and made the tag to Michaels while Owen tagged Helmsley in. Michaels came into the ring and started cleaning house. Michaels took Owen down with a clothesline and atomic dropped Helmsley. Michaels sent both Owen and Helmsley out to the floor with a pair of clotheslines and came flying off the top turnbuckle with a moonsault to both men on the outside! Bret fought Helmsley on the outside, While Michaels battled Owen. Owen went for the enziguri kick several times, But Michaels ducked. Michaels then caught Owen with the flying forearm and nipped up. Michaels came flying off the top with the elbow drop to Owen's heart! Michaels went for Sweet Chin Music, But Owen ducked and took Michaels down! Owen then locked Shawn Michaels into the Sharpshooter! Michaels looked like he was going to give it up, But Bret came into the ring and saved Michaels. Bret hammered away on Owen with right hands and tossed Owen out to the floor. Bret turned around and Helmsley kicked Bret in the gut and hit Bret with the Pedigree! Helmsley then turned around, And walked into Michaels' Sweet Chin Music! Michaels covered Helmsley and scored the win. Afterwards, Michaels posed with the World Wrestling Federation Championship as both Helmsley and Bret Hart were left laid out. Owen Hart headed to the back and told Michaels his days as champion were numbered as Monday Night Raw went off the air.

96, 97, 96 ****3/4

Overall Rating- 84

TV Rating- 7.28

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.43

Attendance- 7,048

Ticket Sales- $281,920

SWF Tuesday

TV Rating- 0.91

Attendance- 516

Ticket Sales- $10,320

Notes

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

user posted image

Date: September 20, 1996

The WWF invades Madison Square Garden for the second time this week. And what bigger place to hold what will no doubt be the biggest main event in Friday Night Mayhem history?  The "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels faces Yokozuna in a non title match up! Michaels is just two days away from putting the title on the line against Owen Hart at In Your House "Featured Attraction". But tonight, He faces a former two time WWF Champion! Can Shawn Michaels and the Kliq beat Yokozuna? Or will the big man run right over Michaels and put the "Heart Break Kid" away with the Bonzai Drop?

Sycho Sid will be in New York City and you know Sid has got alot to say. What will Sid have to say about his match up with Jacobs this Sunday night?

We'll also be showing the Jesse James interview from this past Monday night. If you missed it on Monday Night Raw, You'll get to hear what Jesse James has to say about his return to the WWF!

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

British Bulldog takes on Ahmed Johnson. This will no doubt be a big test for Johnson two days before his match with Scott Steiner.

Billy Gunn battles Marc Mero, Can Billy beat Mero? Or will "The Wildman" beat the newly evolved Billy Gunn?

After Vader's attack on Rick Martel over the last two weeks, Commissioner Ric Flair has made Vader battle the young D'Lo Brown! Will Brown be able to score the huge upset?

Sean Waltman puts the Million Dollar Championship on the line in a Fatal Four Way Elimination Match! His opponents? Chavo Guerrero, Brian Christopher and Scott Putski.

Al Snow and Steve Austin defend the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship against Bob Holly and Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Will we have new champions being crowned six days before Austin and Snow defend the titles against the Hardy Boyz?

And in tonight's main event, Shawn Michaels faces Yokozuna in a non title match!

We'll be hearing from Sycho Sid, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, And we'll see the Jesse James interview from Monday Night Raw! All this and much more!

user posted image

Date: September 20, 1996

Attendance: 10,040

Ticket Sales: $401,600

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Shawn Michaels facing Yokozuna!

British Bulldog Vs. Ahmed Johnson

This one was not a good match up. Bulldog and Johnson are not someone you put in there to carry each other and it showed. But the crowd was into this one big time. Johnson and Bulldog pounded the heck out of each other to start this one off. Johnson got the advantage and tossed Davey Boy Smith out to the floor. They brawled on the outside, And Bulldog sent Johnson to the steel steps! Bulldog then again send Johnson shoulder first to the steps! Back inside the ring, Bulldog wore Johnson down with a rear chin lock before nailing the stalling vertical suplex to Ahmed Johnson. Bulldog kept beating Johnson down and set Johnson up for the Running Powerslam, Johnson slipped out of it and kicked Bulldog in the gut. Johnson nailed Bulldog with a big scissors kick! Johnson made the comeback and caught Bulldog with multiple clotheslines. Johnson took Bulldog out with a big spinebuster and called for the Pearl River Plunge! Scott Steiner came down from the back with a steel chair! Johnson shoved the referee aside and went over to Steiner, Johnson stuck his head out in between the ropes and Steiner waffled him right over the head with a vicious chair shot while Bulldog distracted the referee. Bulldog covered Johnson and got the win! Afterwards, Steiner stood over Johnson and taunted Ahmed Johnson.

82, 88, 71 **

Interview with Billy Gunn

Backstage in the interview area, We see Todd Pettengill standing by with Billy Gunn.

Todd Pettengill- Billy Gunn, Tonight it's you and Marc Mero facing each other in a one on one match up. It's the first ever match between the two of you. But, This Sunday night. It'll be you and your brother Bart going up against each other for the first time ever. Billy, We've seen what's happened between the two of you for the past couple of weeks, Was it worth turning on your brother Bart and breaking up the team?

Billy Gunn- Was it worth it? Was it worth turning on my brother Bart to become a winner? You're damn right it was Todd Pettengill. I gave Bart a chance to change, I told him what it took to be a winner. But he chose to follow the path of a loser. He actually cared about what these fans thought of him. And that made him a loser. I turned on him because I had to. I had to be a winner. I am a winner. I couldn't let my brother hold me back. Bart reminds me of all these people in New York City, Look at this city. This is a filthy city. Full of disease. Full of filth. Full of losers. New York City is just like Bart. A city for losers. I'm glad I moved to Los Angeles. I had the choice to move here or to LA, And I chose LA. LA is full of winners. New York City is full of losers. My brother Bart is a loser. And at In Your House, I will beat him one, two, three. And he'll see what kind of a loser he truly is. Bart belongs in New York City. He belongs in this city full of losers. It's bad enough that New York City is full of fat, Ugly, Slobs, But adding the losers to this city, And you got the worst city in America.

Todd Pettengill- It looks like you might have a disadvantage this Sunday night, Bart has been beating you down every time you tried to attack him. So people might think that you're scared of your brother Bart. Are you scared of Bart?

Billy Gunn- Am I scared of Bart? You think I'm scared of Bart? You're a bigger moron than I thought. I'm not afraid of anyone in the World Wrestling Federation. I will beat Bart this Sunday night. You want to know why? I'm better looking than he is, I'm more popular than he is, The women like me better than they do Bart, And I've evolved. I've reached the highest place of evolution. Bart won't beat me. He's going to lose. I have come so far after dumping him, That there's no way I'm going to lose. Look at me now, I got it all going for me. And this Sunday night, Bart's going to get what he has coming. I no longer look at Bart as my brother, I look at him like a loser. I look at him like he's one of these New York City morons.

Todd Pettengill- Tonight you'll be taking on "The Wildman" Marc Mero. What are your thoughts on this huge match up with Marc Mero?

Billy Gunn- Marc Mero is another man I look at as a loser. He tries to please the fans. He doesn't have a winning attitude like I do. Marc Mero is nobody to me. He's not half the talent I am. I am like another superstar likes to call himself, A "Genetic Wonder". I'm the best and most gifted athlete to ever step foot in the World Wrestling Federation. I hope Bart and all these New York City losers watch what I do to Mero. Because that's what's going to happen to Bart this Sunday night. And maybe after I beat "The Wildman", I'll show Sable what it's like to be with a man who's evolved!

Todd Pettengill- Fans, Can Billy Gunn defeat Marc Mero? We'll find out when Friday Night Mayhem returns with this huge match up!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Marc Mero with Sable Vs. Billy Gunn

After Billy Gunn's comments about New York City, The fans gave Billy some big heat here. Billy jumped "The Wildman" from behind to get this one started. Billy beat Mero down in the corner with illegal chokes and cursed at Mero several times. (Some of which were bleeped out.) Billy and Mero took it to the outside and Billy sent Mero to the steel steps and then slammed Mero on the padded floor. Billy then went to taunt Sable, And got slapped in the face! Back inside the ring, Billy ran over Mero with a clothesline. Billy connected with some impressive looking moves, But he'd stop to taunt Sable and the crowd instead of covering Mero. Mero eventually made the comeback and caught Billy with a high drop kick. Mero followed up with a slingshot leg drop and a samoan drop. Mero went up top for the Wild Thing, But Billy shook the ropes and Mero got hung up on the top turnbuckle. Billy went up top with Mero and superplexed Mero down! Both men laid flat on their backs as Sable got up on the apron and distracted the referee, Billy got up and took something out of his tights, Before Billy could do anything, Bart Gunn came running down from the back and ran right over Billy Gunn with the Forearm Shot! Bart left the ring while Mero covered Billy! Sable got off the apron and the referee counted the 1,2,3 to award Marc Mero the victory!

83, 85, 80 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Who will become the number one contender?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley's music hits Madison Square Garden to boos from the fans. The arrogant blue blood snob makes his way down to the ring not looking too happy at the fans boos. Helmsley gets inside the ring and does his traditional pose before being handed a microphone.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- I look at this city and you know what I see? Losers. I see dreamers. I see people who will never become something. New York City is truly the city of losers. I can't believe I have had to come out here in front of you morons twice in one week. Everyone knows that New York City is a nothing city. Why is it so popular? Because people all around the world are all idiots. The only ones who aren't impressed by you New York City losers are, The people from Greenwich. We're not impressed by you New Yorkens. And you know what else doesn't impress me? Bret "The Hitman" Hart. I know all you people like him for some reason, But I don't. I don't like Bret Hart at all. I don't respect Bret Hart in anyway shape or form. Bret Hart, You have to realize that your time is up. It's just the way things are. You have had a great run in the World Wrestling Federation. But, You don't belong here anymore. If you still want to wrestle, Go to Atlanta with the rest of the fossils. Just stay away from me. You think you're going to be able to defeat me this Sunday night? I'm going to beat you, I'm going to beat you and go on to In Your House "Darkest Day" on October 20th and face whoever the World Wrestling Federation is. Your time with the title is over. You may have held that title three times, But now it's my time. I am a better wrestler than you, I got a better body than you, I'm smarter than you, And whether you like it or not, I got alot more money than you. And I can buy anything I want. I can buy as many title shots as I want. It's in my future to beat you and become the World Wrestling Federation Champion. Whether you like it or not, It doesn't matter. I am going to beat you this Sunday night. And after I beat you, I'm going to become the new World Wrestling Federation Champion. You just don't have what it takes to hang with me. Bret Hart, You should go back to Canada, Because the only person you can possibly beat is your wrinkled old man in his little old basement. You can't beat me. And I'll prove it this Sunday night! I will..............

Bret Hart's music plays to a huge ovation from this crowd. Hunter Hearst Helmsley does not look pleased as Bret Hart stands on top of the entry way.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- You better stay up on that entrance way. You don't want me getting physical on you tonight.

Bret Hart- Hunter, Believe it or not, I didn't come out here to fight. I came out here because I do agree with what you have to say. I think you are a great wrestler. I think you could be a huge star someday. And I think that maybe someday, You could be the World Wrestling Federation Champion, But it's not happening anytime soon. I will go to In Your House and beat you. I'll beat you down worse than I beat you down last week. You cost me my chance to be getting this title shot, So the way I figure, I'm going to cost you your chance to be the number one contender. You're going to get a wrestling lesson this Sunday night. And I will defeat you. My time isn't over. It's not over by a long shot Hunter. I'm a former three time WWF Champion, And you won't beat me.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- You might be a three time WWF Champion, But this was then and this is now, And right now you can't even hold my jock! I've told you before Bret, I told you that you have to understand this, Whether anybody likes it or not, I'm the man around here. I am the leader, I am the general, I call the shots. That's the way it works. I am the franchise of the World Wrestling Federation. And I will beat you this Sunday night. Why? Because I can.

Bret Hart- You didn't beat me a few weeks ago did you? I beat you and made you tap out to the Sharpshooter. You might have laid my out after the match ended, But we all know that was a attack from behind. This Sunday night, It's you and I. Just the two of us in that ring. And I'll beat you just like I beat you a few weeks ago. Do you think you're going to be able to beat me when a title shot is on the line? I'm going to give it all I have. And I will beat you.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Don't you get it Bret? Don't you realize it? You're not the excellence of execution anymore. You're not the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be. I am! Not you! I always have a plan. I'm going to be a man with a big plan this Sunday night. I'm going to have a plan on how to beat you. And it won't fail. I'm going to become the number one contender when it's all said and over with. And you want to know why? I'm just too good for you. You have to realize that your victory over me was a fluke, It was a mistake. I'm going to beat you. And I will become the next World Wrestling Federation Champion.

Bret Hart- You like to talk alot, But that still doesn't chance the fact that you have never beaten me. I have always beaten you. And that's just the way it is. You think your plan is going to make a difference this Sunday night? It doesn't matter what kind of a plan you got. I will beat you. I will beat you and get my title shot and become a four time World Wrestling Federation Champion. I think that deep down you're scared of facing me this Sunday night. And I think these people would agree with me.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Let me explain something to you Bret Hart and all you people in Madison Square Garden. I do not sweat you "Hitman". I am not scared of you Bret Hart. And as much as you people might love Bret Hart, And as many accomplishments as you've had in your career, You've got to come to the realization that Bret Hart is not World Wrestling Federation Championship material anymore. You're not anything anymore. You're a has been. And I'm going to prove it to you this Sunday night. The fact of the matter is, Hunter Hearst Helmsley is going right to the top of the World Wrestling Federation. And that scares you doesn't it Bret? It scares you that someone is taking the spotlight from you once again. Shawn Michaels took the spotlight from you the moment he took the World Wrestling Federation Championship from you. And now, You got this young star just waiting to beat you and take your spot.

Bret Hart- You think you're going to be the one to beat me? You think you're going to take my spot?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Damn right I am! I will leave you a bloodied mess, I'll do all it takes to defeat you and become the number one contender.

Bret Hart- It won't happen. You're right, You are becoming a big star. But you won't beat me. You won't be able to pin me one, two, three this Sunday night. I've been in that ring with everyone. Men who were alot more talented than you. Men who would make you carry their bags. You won't beat me. I will defeat you this Sunday night and become the number one contender. And then, I'm going to beat whoever the World Wrestling Federation Champion is. I am the excellence of execution, And whether you or anyone else like it or not, I am the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- You won't be saying that when I'm standing over you! You won't be saying that when you look at me one month from now, When you look at me with the World Wrestling Federation Championship around my waist! You cannot beat me. It's not going to happen. I will beat you. You're not the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be anymore! I am! And I will beat you! Infact, If you don't get out of my face right now, I'll walk all the way up that entry way and beat down like there's no tomorrow!

Bret Hart drops his microphone down and looks at the crowd who are going rabid and start cheering. Helmsley takes off his shirt and tells Hart to bring it on! Hart walks down the entry way and makes his way up to the steel steps. Hart gets inside the ring and both men go right after each other! The crowd goes nuts as both men start trading blows! Hart and Helmsley nail each other with right hands to the face! Helmsley knees Hart in the midsection! Helmsley chops Bret Hart in the chest! Helmsley kicks Bret Hart in the midsection and positions Bret Hart for the Pedigree! Bret Hart counters and catapults Helmsley into the turnbuckle! Helmsley comes out of the corner into a atomic drop from Hart! Hart sends Helmsley out to the floor with a clothesline! Hart goes out after Helmsley and they hammer away on each other! Officials come down from the back and pull both men off of each other! The officials hold both Hart and Helmsley back as Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Vader Vs. D'Lo Brown

Vader and Brown put on a very solid match up. The fans were into this one big time. Vader beat down the youngster with right hands in the corner like Brown was a small child. Vader was able to toss D'Lo around the ring a couple times and run over D'Lo with clotheslines. Vader tossed D'Lo out to the floor and sent D'Lo to the steel ring post three times before slamming D'Lo on the padded floor! Back into the ring they went, And Vader kept beating down Brown while the announcers wondered if Rick Martel had any chance of beating the man they call Vader this Sunday night. Brown caught Vader with a spinning heel kick and made the comeback. Brown was able to take Vader down with the Sky High, But Vader kicked out at 2. D'Lo nailed Vader with right hands which rocked the big man down, D'Lo went for a hurricanrana, But Vader countered and powerbombed D'Lo! Vader dragged D'Lo to the corner and hit the Vader Bomb to D'Lo! Vader covered and scored the one, two, three. After the match was over, A injured Rick Martel came running down from the back! Martel hammered Vader with right hands and chopped Vader, But they had no affect on the bigger Vader who easily clotheslined Martel down! Vader pulled Martel up to his feet and powerbombed Martel! Vader then dragged Martel to the corner and hit the Vader Bomb to Martel! Vader stood over Rick Martel and taunted him. Perfect said there was no way Martel would beat Vader this Sunday night after this beating.

90, 89, 91 ****

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Million Dollar Championship

Fatal Four Way Elimination Match

Sean Waltman© with Ted DiBiase Vs. Chavo Guerrero Vs. Brian Christopher Vs. Scott Putski

This one was a great match up involving four great high fliers. This match was fought under elimination rules. All four men got to be in the ring at the same time. Each man went at it. Chavo and Christopher fought in the beginning while Waltman fought Putski. Then it was Chavo and Putski and Waltman/Christopher. Then it went to Waltman/Chavo and Putski/Christopher. Basically, All four men got into it. At the five minute mark, Chavo planted Christopher with a huge brainbuster to score the win eliminating Christopher. Putski and Chavo then double teamed Waltman for a bit, And went against each other as well. Waltman then took both men out with a pair of kicks to the face. Waltman went for a spinning heel kick, But Chavo ducked and tossed Waltman out to the floor! Putski nailed Chavo from behind and planted Chavo with a tornado DDT. Putski then went up top. Putski went for his crossbody, But Chavo rolled through on top of Putski and got the win eliminating Putski. It was down to Waltman and Chavo. This one seemed like a shorter version of their match up from last week. Both men worked real fast here trying to put the other man away. Chavo took Waltman out with his Brainbuster, But Waltman had his foot on the ropes. Chavo went to pick Waltman up, And Waltman caught Chavo with a low blow behind the referee's back! Waltman then took Chavo down with a inside cradle and got another cheap win over Chavo!

85, 81, 90 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sycho Sid Powerbombs Jacobs straight to hell!

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Sycho Sid's music playing. The fans give Sid a huge ovation as the big man makes his way down to the ring. Sid steps into the ring and grabs a microphone while this huge crowd chants "Sid".

Sycho Sid- I came out here for one reason and one reason only. I am sick and tired of you Jacobs. I'm sick and tired of being attacked from behind. I'm sick and tired of all these games you and Bob Backlund have been playing with me. You want a fight? Come on out and lets get it on right here and right now! Lets fight in New York City! Lets fight in Madison Square Garden! Lets fight two days before In Your House! You want to be a man? Come on out here you freak of nature! Come on out here and fight me like a man! Or are you too scared? Or are you too scared to face the master and the ruler of the world? Come on down here and...............

Jacobs' music plays interrupting whatever Sid was going to say next. Bob Backlund leads Jacobs down to the ring. Jacobs does not look too happy while Backlund is all smiles. Jacobs gets inside the ring while Backlund stays at ringside. Jacobs and Sid go right after each other! These huge monsters slug away at each other with right hands! Sid gets the best of Jacobs and rocks down the big man! Sid backs up into the ropes and hits Jacobs with a boot to the face knocking down Jacobs! Sid then grabs Jacobs by the throat and Choke Slams Jacobs! Jacobs slowly gets up and walks into a huge Powerbomb from Sycho Sid! Sid goes out to the ringside area and grabs a steel chair while Backlund pleas for Jacobs to get up. Jacobs gets up and Sid drills him right over the head with a devastating chair shot! Jacobs slowly gets up and once again Sid nails him with another chair shot! Jacobs again gets up and he's bleeding! Sid wastes no time and drills Jacobs with another chair shot to the head and Jacobs goes down! Sid drops the chair down and heads to the back. Backlund comes into the ring and checks on Jacobs. After a few seconds, A bloodied Jacobs gets up to his feet! Hendrix and Perfect ask what you have to do to put this man away!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Al Snow and Steve Austin© with Ted DiBiase Vs. Bob Holly and Jake "The Snake" Roberts

I bet Jake wishes Al Snow wasn't the only "Snow" in the ring. This one was a pretty even match up to show that Al Snow and Steve Austin are good champions. Dok Hendrix kept insisting that Sunday night we would have new champions while Perfect said there was no way the Hardy Boyz could beat Snow and Austin once again. Snow and Austin isolated Jake and beat him down like a dog. DiBiase even got involved and kicked away at Jake on the outside while Austin and Snow had the referee distracted. After getting beat down for awhile, Jake caught Snow with the DDT and then, Jake made the tag to Bob Holly. Holly came into the ring and ran down both Austin and Snow with clotheslines. Holly atomic dropped Snow and drop kicked Austin for a close near fall. Holly even took Snow out with the Race Car Slam, But Snow was able to kick out at 2. Austin tossed Jake out on the floor which left Holly in there with both Snow and Austin. Holly planted Austin with a sidewalk slam and covered, But Austin wasn't the legal man! This allowed Snow to jump Holly from behind and locked Holly into the Million Dollar Dream for the submission win! After the match ended, Jake tried to save Holly, And got beat down! Austin hit Jake with the Stone Cold Stunner while Snow kept Holly in the Million Dollar Dream. The Hardy Boyz then ran down from the back with steel chairs. Snow and Austin quickly fled with Ted DiBiase following them with the titles.

79, 80, 80 **3\4

Jesse James video

* From Monday Night Raw*

Jim Ross- Jesse, I'm glad you could join me today. Obviously the fans know that as we speak right now, I'm at the announce position with Vince. Jesse, We've been seeing these videos of you. You're talking about how you're returning to the WWF. This Sunday night, You're going to be wrestling on the Free For All before In Your House "Featured Attraction". But before we talk about that, How does it feel to be back in the World Wrestling Federation?

Jesse James- It feels wonderful Jim Ross. I'm glad that I've been able to come back to the place I started at. It's been too long since I been in a WWF ring. It's been too long since I went out there and had the crowd on their feet. I have been wanting to return for quite sometime, And now I'm back. It's going to be a wild ride.

Jim Ross- The night that you left the World Wrestling Federation was the night that Jeff Jarrett lost the Intercontinental Championship to Shawn Michaels. Near the end of the match, You went to trip Shawn, But you accidentally tripped Jeff Jarrett. Later on during the show, We got word that you and Jeff Jarrett got into a confrontation, What happened on that night in 1995?

Jesse James- Basically, Me and Jeff got into a scuffle. He blamed me for the loss and started cursing and shouting at me. We got into it and the officials had to pull us apart. I seriously wanted to get Jeff into that ring and go whip his butt.

Jim Ross- But, Jeff Jarrett ended up leaving the World Wrestling Federation to go on tour and promote his song "With My Baby Tonight". Why did you leave? Did you go be his roadie? What happened?

Jesse James- Jeff thought that he wanted to go out there and promote his song. He wanted to be a big singer. In the end, It worked out. His song went platinum. I did not leave to be his roadie. I needed a break. He and I did work things out, He offered to let me open up the shows for him. Since I am also quite the accomplished singer, But, I told him I wanted to take a break and sort things out. And I did. I'm back here now.

Jim Ross- Have you talked to Jeff Jarrett? How do you think his career is going since he returned in December?

Jesse James- I think his career is going very well. I don't know about him aligning himself with Rick Rude, But whatever floats his boat. I have talked to Jeff several times. We're still tight. We worked things out last year, And we're still friends.

Jim Ross- Does that mean you two could team up again?

Jesse James- Oh no, Not right now. Right now, I am focusing my career on being a singles wrestler. Jeff is going his way and I'm going my way. I want to see what I can do on my own. Last year, I went pretty far in the King Of The Ring. And that was when I was just his roadie. Imagine how my career will go now. I been getting in the ring. I been working out, I been doing everything a real wrestler should be doing. I'm ready. I'm excited about being back. Me and Jeff are still friends, But I don't think we'll be tag teaming anytime soon.

Jim Ross- Your return is this Sunday night, Who do you want to step into the ring with the most?

Jesse James- I definitely want to get into the ring with the champions. I'd love to face Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship, Or Rick Martel for that matter. But, I know I have to start out small. There's plenty of guys in that locker room that are better wrestler than me, That have been here for ages that haven't gotten title shots. So, I'm going to just go out there and wrestle. If I get my title shots, I get them. I just want to go out there and entertain that live crowd. I think I'm going to do pretty well for myself here in the World Wrestling Federation.

Jim Ross- Last time you were here, The fans hated you. Do you think they'll cheer or boo you? Do you care?

Jesse James- I hope that our great fans can learn to cheer me. But, I'm going to go out there and wrestle for myself. I hope I get some fan support, But if not, That's fine with me. I know being Jeff Jarrett's former "roadie" has got to make things sour for me. I'm going to go out there and try to make the best of things.

Jim Ross- You will be in action as already mentioned, This Sunday night. You'll be wrestling on the Free For All. We don't know who you'll be facing. What do you have to say to your opponent? Six days before you step into the ring and make your return?

Jesse James- Whoever steps into the ring with me, I want you to know that I'm doing to go out there and give it my all. I been wanting to return to the World Wrestling Federation for quite sometime now. I don't want to be a loser in my first match back. I know you've probably watched me as "the roadie". But, I've gained alot more experience. Don't count on facing "the roadie". Count on facing Jesse James this Sunday night.

Jim Ross- What are your goals this time around? What are some goals you have set for yourself this time around in the World Wrestling Federation?

Jesse James- I want to entertain these fans. I want to go out there and get the crowd into my matches. I want the fans to know that it was worth buying the ticket to see Jesse James wrestle. That's my first goal. I also want to become a big success. Like everyone else that's stepped through that door, I want to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion. That's one of my top goals. If you're a WWF Superstar and you don't want to be the World Wrestling Federation Champion, Then you shouldn't be here. I want to go out there and wrestle guys like Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Sycho Sid, Kevin Nash and all those other big stars. I know my future is going to be bright this time around. I've gained some wrestling experience, And I'm ready for my career in the World Wrestling Federation.

Jim Ross- Well Jesse, I wish you the best of luck son. Good luck this Sunday night as well.

Jesse James- Thank you Jim Ross, I'm going to make my mark on the World Wrestling Federation. In due time, Everyone will know what Jesse James is all about.

The video ends and we're taken back to the announce position. McMahon says that James' opponent for the Free For All for Sunday night has been decided, He'll take on "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak.

Interview with Shawn Michaels

We go to the interview area where Kevin Kelly is standing by with the World Wrestling Federation Champion, Shawn Michaels.

Kevin Kelly- Shawn Michaels, Tonight you battle Yokozuna in a non title match up. But this Sunday night, It's you and Owen Hart one on one for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. You have been in there with Owen before, But Owen claims that he's going to go out there with two goals in mind, To beat you and become the new champion, And to hit you with the enziguri kick to the back of the head and send you back to the hospital. What do you think about Owen Hart wanting to take you out?

Shawn Michaels- So it looks like the little baby Hart wants to take the "Heart Break Kid" out doesn't it? He wants to nail Shawn Michaels in the back of the head with the enziguri kick and send me back to the hospital. I'm sorry to disappoint Owen and all five of his fans, But that won't happen. I know what it's like to get hit upside the head with the enziguri kick, And quite frankly it doesn't feel good. He did put me in the hospital. Several doctors told me that I was making my comeback too early, But I never sit out of a big match due to injuries. I came back won the Royal Rumble, And then beat Bret Hart to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion. Owen can try to take me out, But he won't do it. It won't happen.

Kevin Kelly- What are your thoughts on In Your House "Featured Attraction"? Your match up with Owen and the number one contenders match between Bret Hart and Hunter Hearst Helmsley?

Shawn Michaels- I'm looking forward to shutting Owen up this Sunday night. I know he thinks he has some kind of advantage, But he doesn't. I'll beat him this Sunday night. And I will walk out still the WWF Champion. As far as the number one contenders match is concerned, I don't care who wins it. I don't care who faces HBK on October 20th. I hope that Bret Hart does win, Because Bret Hart is another Hart family member that needs his mouth shut. I

Kevin Kelly- You take on Yokozuna tonight. It's a non title match up. You have been in the ring before with Yokozuna. Yokozuna is a former two time WWF World Champion. What are your thoughts on this huge match up with Yokozuna?

Shawn Michaels- I respect Yokozuna. I think he's a great talent. He might not be as talented as me, But he is the man who put an end to "Hulkamania". He beat many of the top names in the WWF at one time or another. But tonight's not his night. I don't care how big he is, I'm going to beat him. Lets see Yokozuna get up from Sweet Chin Music tonight!

Kevin Kelly- Good luck Shawn, Fans up next we'll see Shawn Michaels battle Yokozuna! Who will win? Find out up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Bart Gunn knocks Scott Taylor out with the Forearm Shot! (Monday Night Raw 9/16/96)

Shawn Michaels Vs. Yokozuna

This is probably the biggest carry job Shawn Michaels has had to do in his World Wrestling Federation career. And Shawn Michaels has carried alot of people in his career. The crowd cheered for Michaels and booed Yokozuna despite both men being faces. Michaels started off trying to take Yokozuna down. Michaels hit the big man with a few drop kicks, But Yokozuna would not go down. Michaels then tried to stupidly slam Yokozuna, But Yokozuna hammered Michaels in the back and clotheslined Michaels. Yokozuna wore Michaels down by running Shawn over with body avalanches and clotheslines. Yokozuna then sent Michaels to the corner and avalanched the "Heart Break Kid" a couple times. Yokozuna took Michaels to the outside and sent Michaels to the steel ring post several times. Back inside the ring, Yokozuna wore down Michaels with his oriental nerve hold and pounded Shawn in the corner. Yokozuna even samoan dropped Michaels for a close 2 count. Shawn Michaels eventually made the comeback and caught Yokozuna with the flying forearm which knocked down the big man. Michaels nipped up and was a house on fire. Michaels nailed Yokozuna with chops and right hands. Michaels came off the top with a huge moonsault to a standing Yokozuna, But that only got Michaels two. Michaels took Yokozuna down with a huge DDT and headed up top. Michaels came flying off the top with the elbow drop right to Yokozuna's heart! Michaels then called for Sweet Chin Music! Michaels went to the corner and started tuning up the band! Michaels went for Sweet Chin Music, But Yokozuna grabbed Michaels' leg and took Michaels out with a belly to belly suplex! Yokozuna dragged Shawn Michaels to the corner and called for the Bonzai Drop! Yokozuna climbed the ropes and went for the Bonzai Drop, Michaels moved out of the way and Yokozuna fell right on his backside! Michaels then caught Yokozuna with Sweet Chin Music and scored the win. After the match ended, Michaels barely got up and Owen Hart ran down from the back! Owen snatched the World Wrestling Federation Championship from the official and nailed Michaels over the head with it! Yokozuna tried to help Michaels, But Owen took Yokozuna out using the title as well! Owen then locked Michaels into the Sharpshooter! Michaels passed out from the Sharpshooter! Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with Owen Hart holding the World Wrestling Federation Championship while both Shawn Michaels and Yokozuna were left laid out. In Your House "Featured Attraction" is only two days away!

84, 88, 76 **1\2

Overall Rating- 84

TV Rating- 7.91

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.99

Attendance- 7,041

Ticket Sales- $281,640

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.35

Attendance- 461

Ticket Sales- $9,220

SWF Friday

TV Rating- 0.98

Attendance- 512

Ticket Sales- $10,240

OOC: Final IYH card should be up later. :D

user posted image

Date: September 22, 1996

Final Card

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Shawn Michaels© Vs. Owen Hart

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Rick Martel© Vs. Vader

Hardy Boyz Vs. Al Snow and Steve Austin©

Number One Contenders Match For The World Wrestling Federation Championship

Winner Faces The Champion At In Your House "Darkest Day" On October 20th

Bret Hart Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

No Disqualification Match

Cactus Jack is banned from ringside

Raven Vs. Undertaker

Scott Steiner Vs. Ahmed Johnson

Jacobs Vs. Sycho Sid

Billy Gunn Vs. Bart Gunn

Free For All Match

Jesse James Vs. "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match on the Pay Per View? (Free For All is not apart of the PPV!)

2. What will be the match before the main event?

3. How many titles will change hands? (title cannot change hands by disqualifications, count outs, no contests etc)

4. What will be the worst match? (worst meaning by match quality in EWR)

5. What will be the best match? (best meaning by match quality in EWR)

6. Will anyone debut besides Brian Adams' friend??

7. Will anyone interfere during the main event?

8. Who is Brian Adams' friend that's coming?

Edited by Baby Hewey