World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

user posted image

Date: September 23, 1996

Attendance: 10,025

Ticket Sales: $401,000

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Shawn Michaels defending the World Wrestling Federation Championship against Jeff Jarrett!

Brian Adams and Brian Lee Vs. Al Snow and Steve Austin with Ted DiBiase

Lee debuted last night with Adams. McMahon and Ross kept talking about how Austin and Snow might be in trouble since Lee and Adams are such big men. Lee was pretty good out there, Better than Adams. Lee and Adams started off pounding the hell out of the champions. This is a non title match of course. Lee and Adams tossed Snow and Austin out to the floor and these two hosses beat down the champions like two government mules. Back inside the ring, Lee beat down Austin. Lee kept beating down Austin until DiBiase tripped Lee as Lee attempted a clothesline. This allowed Austin and Snow to take over. Snow and Austin beat down Lee while Adams and this huge crowd tried to get Lee going. Lee eventually caught Snow with a big boot and made the hot tag to Adams. Adams came into the ring and started cleaning house and kicking ass. Adams and Lee tossed Snow out to the floor and took Austin out with a double clothesline. Lee and Adams double choke slammed Austin! Before they could cover, Steve Blackman and Albert from The Corporation came running down to the ring! Blackman and Albert nailed Lee and Adams which caused a disqualification! Blackman and Albert beat down Lee and Adams with Snow and Austin joining in! The crowd then cheered as man came running down from the back with a steel chair! Blackman, Snow and Austin were able to leave the ring, But Albert wasn't so lucky and got nailed by the mystery man! This man then hit Albert with a stiff clothesline which sent Albert all the way out to the floor! The Corporation headed to the back while the mystery man celebrated with Adams and Lee. McMahon said he realized this man, It's John Bradshaw!

84, 83, 86 ***1\2

John Bradshaw debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response.

Brian Lee gained overness from this match.

Brian Adams gained overness from this match.

The undisputed number one contender

We go backstage to the interview area where we see Dok Hendrix standing by with Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

Dok Hendrix- Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Last night you defeated Bret "The Hitman" and became the undisputed number one contender for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. You will meet the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels at In Your House "Darkest Day" on October 20th. You are now the man who gets the next title shot. It's guaranteed. Hunter, How do you feel about your victory?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- How do I feel? Look at me Dok Hendrix. I went out there and did what I said I would do. I beat the "legendary" Bret Hart and became the number one contender. I pinned him one, two, three and became the number one contender. 1996 has been my year. I became the King Of The Ring, And I defeated Bret Hart. Last night when I pinned Bret Hart, Everyone was shocked. No one could believe it. No one thought I would be able to do it. But I did it. And you want to know why? Because I can. I told everyone that Bret Hart's time was up. I told him that he could not hang with me. I beat him. I showed everyone that Bret Hart's era is over. They call it the "New Generation" for a reason. Bret Hart's time is over. I beat him. I'm going to go to In Your House "Darkest Day" and I will defeat Shawn Michaels for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. I will become the new WWF Champion. It's my time. I told all these people that they have to understand that, Whether anybody likes it or not, I'm the man around here. I am the leader, I am the general, I call the shots. That's the way it works. Bret Hart might be a former three time World Wrestling Federation Champion, But last night I proved to the whole world that he's not in my league anymore. Bret Hart might have been something back then, But now I'm the man around here.

Dok Hendrix- Now it's just you and Shawn Michaels for the title. It'll be you two at In Your House "Darkest Day" on October 20th. This is no doubt the biggest match in your career. Will you be able to win the World Wrestling Federation Championship by defeating perhaps the greatest WWF Champion of all time?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Can I defeat Shawn Michaels? Is that the stupid question you are asking me? Look at how this year has gone for me. I just beat Bret Hart last night. Shawn Michaels might be on top of the mountain right now, But I'm the number one contender. And sure, Shawn Michaels has beaten me in the past. But now I'm ready. This will be my first WWF Championship match on Pay Per View. Shawn Michaels has defeated everyone that has challenged him for the title. He's even beaten me. But the game has changed. I just defeated Bret Hart. I am going to walk into In Your House "Darkest Day" and make it the darkest day for Shawn Michaels. I will become the new World Wrestling Federation Champion because it's meant to be. Shawn Michaels has been through it all, But he's never been in there with the new me. I'm willing to do everything it takes to become the champion. And it will happen. It's time for Hunter Hearst Helmsley to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion.

Dok Hendrix- Tonight we will see Shawn Michaels in action. Will you be getting involved? Or will you be watching from the back and get a closer look?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- I don't need to get a closer look. I've watched Shawn Michaels wrestle. I been in the ring with Shawn Michaels. I'm going to go home and get ready for October 20th. Shawn Michaels better be concerned about his title, Because if Jarrett doesn't get it done tonight, Then I will at In Your House. The title belongs around my waist. And it will be around my waist very soon.

Dok Hendrix- Well, Vince and JR, We just heard the comments from the number one contender. When Monday Night Raw returns, We'll have some more action! Stay tuned!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jesse James Vs. Goldust with Marlena

Goldust's career seems to be going nowhere ever since he dropped the Intercontinental Championship to Razor Ramon at Wrestlemania XII in a squash. These two had a amazing match up. Who would have ever thought that the lowly former "Roadie" would put on a ****3/4 match. Goldust deserves alot of credit for also working his ass off out there. Goldust tried his mind games with James, But James didn't take any of Goldust's BS and nailed Goldust with right hands. James had control of the match early on and sent Goldust out to the floor with a clothesline. Both men went out to the floor, And James beat down Goldust. Marlena got involved and distracted James which allowed Goldust to attack James from behind and send James to the steel steps. Back inside the ring, Goldust beat down James. Goldust did his usual gay taunts to the crowd and received huge heat for it. Goldust went for the Curtain Call late in the match, But James slipped out of it and caught Goldust with the shake-rattle-n-roll right hands and followed up with a knee drop to Goldust. James won this match after he again reversed the Curtain Call and put Goldust away with the Pump Handle Slam. Afterwords, Marlena helped Goldust to the back as Jesse James celebrated his win.

91, 84, 99 ****3/4

Jesse James gained overness from this match.

Hey Yo...................

As Jesse James celebrates, A familiar face makes his way down the entry way. It's Razor Ramon! The fans give "The Bad Guy" a huge ovation as Ramon walks down to the ring. Jesse James doesn't know what to think as Ramon gets inside the ring. Ramon grabs a microphone as these fans chant "Razor". Razor gives James a dirty look, And James exits the ring without confrontation.

Scott Hall- First of all, All you morons can cut that "Razor" chant down and listen to what I have to say. Better yet, Shut the hell up and listen to what I have to say. I got a few things I got to say. And I hope the damn network doesn't decide to take a break. Because what I feel like saying, Is going to send a message loud and clear to all you people. I came here to this redneck town of Memphis, Tennessee. I don't like this city. You got a bunch of fat, Ugly, Toothless morons living in Memphis, Tennessee. What was that? You're booing me now? You're booing your beloved "Bad Guy"? I thought it was cool to cheer for the "Bad Guy"? Let me tell all you people something, Razor Ramon is dead. Razor Ramon is dead and buried as far as I'm concerned. No more ridiculous accent, No more gold chains, I'm Scott Hall. What you see is what you get. I know what some of you must be thinking, Why? Why are you talking trash about the fans? Why? I had to sit at home since April. I had to sit at the house in Orlando and I had to listen to Vince McMahon and Jim Ross, I had to listen to them talk about how Razor Ramon has been suspended for "unknown reasons". They then talked about how the fans might never see me again. And what does that mean? You really think that I was going to go somewhere? Let me tell all you people how badly the World Wrestling Federation has treated me, I get into a fight backstage with some punk and they strip me of my title. I then get injured and I get no phone calls. I get no messages. No one calls me to see what the hell is going on with one of the hottest stars in the wrestling business. They turn their attention to Shawn Michaels. They turn their attention to Undertaker. They turn their attention to Bret Hart. And oh yeah, They turn their attention to Ultimate Warrior. That didn't work as you'd hoped did it "big man"? I guess Warrior took one too many crazy pills. Now his ass is going to have to go to Atlanta to get work. But when did the World Wrestling Federation call me? No one cared to tell me when I could come back to work. They just dumped the "problamatic" Scott Hall to the side. Commissioner Ric Flair never once called me. No fans sent me any messages. You fans just forgot about me didn't you? Lets all jump on the HBK bangwagon and forget about Scott Hall. I've done so much for this company and for these fans. Well, I'm done with all of you! I'm my own man now. I'm a lone wolf so to speak. Scott Hall follows his own path. That's the way it should have been before I got weak. I'm going to be the worst problem this company has. They've tossed me aside like I was their poison, Or their cancer. And I know someone in the back is calling security to come out here, But I'm still a World Wrestling Federation superstar. I'm still in the WWF. I have chosen to lift my own suspension. Try to kick me out, I'll keep coming back. I'm taking over the World Wrestling Federation. And if anyone doesn't like that, Come on down to this ring and try to do something about. And tonight I'm gonna cause an impact. I'm not you people's puppet anymore. I'm my own man. You people dumped me like I was a piece of trash. And you went running to your Shawn Michaels, To your Bret Hart, To your Undertaker like a cheap nickel and dime prostitute runs to a millionaire! You killed Razor Ramon. You killed your precious "Bad Guy". Now, Scott Hall is here to pick up the pieces. No one is going to stop me. Anyone that tries to mess with me, Will get hurt. It's a whole new game, And Scott Hall is running the show!

Scott Hall drops the microphone down, These fans don't know how to react so there's a few cheers and a few boos for Hall. Hall leaves the ring and gives a angry look towards McMahon and Ross. Scott Hall heads to the back while Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Undertaker Vs. Sean Waltman with Ted DiBiase

Waltman actually gave Undertaker a heck of a fight, I guess they wanted to sell Undertaker's injuries from In Your House. During the match, McMahon announced that Undertaker will face Cactus Jack at In Your House "Darkest Day" in a special "Ambulance Match". There hasn't been any rules announced for this match as yet though. Waltman jumped Undertaker from behind and hit the man from the dark side with his kicks. Undertaker was able to mount an offense and tossed Waltman out to the floor. Undertaker went for the Tombstone on the outside, But Waltman countered and send Undertaker to the steel steps. Waltman then distracted the referee while DiBiase got a few shots in on Undertaker. Waltman got a few near falls on Undertaker inside the ring, But the phenom kept kicking out. Undertaker ended up catching Waltman with a big boot and made the comeback. Undertaker beat Waltman down with vicious right hands in the corner and did the walk on the ropes. Undertaker Choke Slammed Waltman and called for the Tombstone. Undertaker pulled Waltman up and planted Waltman with the Tombstone. Undertaker covered and got the win. After the match ended, Cactus Jack ran down from the back with a steel chair and hit Undertaker right over the head with it! Undertaker didn't go down and Jack hit him for a second time which busted Undertaker open! Jack threw the chair down and hit a piledriver to Undertaker right onto the steel chair! Jack then locked Undertaker into the Mandible Claw! Undertaker passed out! Officials came running down from the back and pulled Jack off of Undertaker as Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break.

89, 90, 88 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

British Bulldog Vs. Marc Mero with Sable

Owen Hart joined McMahon and Ross for commentary. Jim Ross asked Owen if he and Bulldog were still a team, Owen said that Bulldog came out to help him last night because they're family and that's what family does. They help one another. Owen said he and Bulldog had no interest in teaming up again, For now. Marc Mero did defeat Bulldog in his first ever Monday Night Raw battle back in January after the Royal Rumble. But the announcers failed to mention that fact. Bulldog had the upper hand in this one after he caught Mero with a stiff clothesline. Bulldog used his power advantage over Mero while Owen cheered him on from ringside. McMahon tried to get Owen's thoughts on his loss last night, But Owen said that he'd become the World Wrestling Federation Champion soon enough. Mero made the comeback after he caught Davey Boy Smith with a enziguri kick which Owen protested from ringside, Saying that Mero ripped off his move. Mero caught Bulldog with a few near falls, But Bulldog kept kicking out. Mero caught Bulldog with a samoan drop and headed up top. Mero went for the Wild Thing, But Bulldog moved out of the way and Mero hit the canvas! Bulldog then hit the Running Powerslam to Mero and scored the one, two, three. Bulldog then posed while Owen left the announce position and clapped. Owen headed to the back and left Bulldog celebrating his win.

87, 89, 84 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sunny explains why

Billy Gunn's music hits the arena as we return from the commercial break. Sunny leads Billy Gunn down to the ring as McMahon and Ross go over the match between Bart Gunn and Billy Gunn last night. Sunny is handed a microphone while this crowd boos both Sunny and Billy Gunn.

Sunny- All you boo are booing us, And I wonder why? Is it because you're jealous of us? Are you jealous of how good looking we are? Are you jealous that we're better than all of you? Or are all you people jealous, Because we've evolved? Last night, I made my return to the WWF. I been managing losers all my life. But there was someone who stood out to me. And that man is Billy Gunn. Billy Gunn has shown me that evolution is all about. He turned on his brother Bart and now he's one of the biggest stars to ever step foot in a WWF ring. He went for a tag team wrestler, To a a true superstar. I decided that Billy Gunn was the only man worthy of being managed by me. I have come back to the World Wrestling Federation to manage the biggest star of them all, Billy Gunn! And last night, Billy beat his brother Bart and proved to everyone that he is the better brother.

Billy Gunn- Bart, I told you I would win. You were flat on your back. I beat you. You found out that I am the better brother. I got the better body, The better wrestling talent, And oh yeah, I got Sunny by my side. Sunny went with a winner. She's going to make me a bigger star than I already am. She's going to take my career to new heights. I will be the Gunn brother that everyone remembers. And you want to know why? Because I'm better than you. You go back home and take your loss like a man. You won't get back in the ring with me. I beat you. It's over between us. You're nothing more than a loser! Sunny is managing me, And soon I will be the man who has the World Wrestling Federation Championship around my waist! Sunny went to me! Not you! And...............

Bart Gunn's music hits the arena and interrupts his brother Billy. Bart Gunn makes his way down to the ring and he does not look happy. Bart comes into the ring and tries to jump Billy, But Sunny stands in front of him! Sunny starts arguing with Bart, And Bart shoves her down! Bart goes right after Billy! Bart connects with huge right hands to his brothers face. Sunny sneaks up on Bart with a low blow! Billy then takes Bart down with the Evolution Drop! Billy tells something to sunny and she smiles. Sunny goes out to the floor and grabs a steel chair! Sunny comes into the ring with the chair and hands it to Billy. Bart stands up, And Billy drills him with a huge chair shot to the head leaving his own flesh and blood down! Billy drops the chair down and Sunny grabs the microphone.

Sunny- Won't you ever learn? Billy is done with you. He doesn't consider you his own brother anymore. It's not his fault you're a loser. You've always been a loser. He beat you last night, It's time you face the facts. You're nothing anymore Bart. Billy's evolved. Billy's got it all, And he's got me!

Billy Gunn- Bart, When you get up, You take your butt back home. You don't belong in the WWF anymore. I have beaten you and you will not fight me again. You're nobody to me!

Billy Gunn's music plays and Sunny and Billy Gunn head to the back. Bart Gunn is left laid out while Ross screams that Bart will get his revenge.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon Vs. Brian Christopher and Jerry "The King" Lawler

Jerry Lawler and Christopher got a huge ovation as they came down to the ring. McMahon had to mention that this is Lawler's and Christopher's hometown. Furnas and LaFon worked pretty well with Lawler and Christopher and this one was a solid bout between these four men. Lawler stepped up his game for his hometown crowd here. Furnas and LaFon started off getting the advantage, But thanks to some Lawler cheating, Christopher and Lawler turned the match their way. Lawler and Christopher isolated Furnas and double teamed him through out the match. Lawler and Christopher got cheered for their double teaming and illegal tactics. Furnas ended up catching Christopher with a release German suplex and made the hot tag to LaFon while Christopher tagged in Lawler to a huge ovation. LaFon cleaned house and took both Lawler and Christopher out. Furnas and LaFon took Christopher out to the floor with a double drop kick which left Lawler all by himself. Furnas connected with a devastating release northern lights suplex to Lawler, And LaFon finished off by locking Lawler into a Dragon Sleeper for the submission win. The fans were not happy as LaFon and Furnas celebrated their win.

87, 85, 89 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scott Steiner wants "The Hitman"!

We return from the commercial break with Bret Hart coming down to the ring. Hart has no music as he comes down to the ring. The announcers don't know why Hart is out here since he wasn't scheduled for tonight. Hart grabs a microphone as this huge crowd begins a "Hitman" chant.

Bret Hart- I came out here for one reason and one reason only.

Last night I was screwed by you Scott Steiner! I had Helmsley beat until you came down to that ring and nailed me upside the head with a steel chair! I once again have been screwed out of my chance to become World Wrestling Federation Champion! I come out here and beat everyone that they throw at me! And where's my title shot? I get screwed once again! First, It was Helmsley and now it's Steiner. I should be facing the champion! I know Scott Steiner is here tonight. So Scott Steiner, Come on down to this ring and lets have a fight of our own! You want to hit people with chairs? Come on down here and lets see how badly you'll beat me up!

The fans boo as Scott Steiner's music plays. Scott Steiner stands on the RAW entry way with a microphone. The crowd boos and chant "Steiner sucks".

Scott Steiner- Look at what we have here, Another cry baby! Bret, You want to know why you got hit upside the head with a steel chair last night? Because I'm tired of coming out here and facing these losers. Where's my title shots? Everyone knows I'm better than everyone in this place. Yet, You come out here and cry and cry and cry. That's how you get your way. I wasn't about to let you get the title shot. If anyone deserves a title shot, It's me! You got screwed because I felt like it! And there's nothing you can do about it!

Bret Hart- I can do something about it! How about you step into this ring with me right here and right now? Come on Steiner! You want to make an impact? Fight me right here!

Scott Steiner- You think I'm going to fight you now? I don't think so! You don't call the shots right here! I'll do what I want, When I want! If you want a match with me, You'll have to earn it!

The crowd begins to boo as Scott Steiner heads to the back with his music playing. McMahon and Ross think that Steiner might be afraid of Bret Hart.

Sycho Sid beats down Jacobs!

We cut to the back where we see Bob Backlund and Jacobs walking. It looks like they're coming down to the ring, When Sid attacks both men with a steel chair from behind! Sid hits Jacobs with a chair shot right to the back of the head! Backlund goes down after Sid nails him with a chair shot! Jacobs gets up and Sid hits him with another shot to the head and Jacobs doesn't go down! Sid hits Jacobs once again and Jacobs goes down! Sid pulls Jacobs up and tosses Jacobs right into a steel door! Jacobs is down and bloodied.

Sycho Sid- You think this is over? You and I are going to go at it one more time! And when we do, That freak Bob Backlund will not get involved! I will show you why I am the master and the ruler of the world!

Sid walks off as both Backlund and Jacobs are down. Jacobs slowly gets up and goes to check on Backlund as Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Undertaker grabs Raven's by the legs and catapults Raven right through the window of the house set! (In Your House "Featured Attraction" 9/22/96)

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Shawn Michaels© Vs. Jeff Jarrett with Rick Rude

Michaels and Jarrett have had many classic matches this year. They fought on Monday Night Raw back in April and they fought at King Of The Ring, And on Friday Night Mayhem in a steel cage match. This is their second ***** match counting their classic match up from In Your House 2 last year for the Intercontinental Championship. Jarrett had the advantage here, Since Michaels was in a war last night against Owen Hart. Jarrett beat down Michaels' injured back and took the "Heart Break Kid" to the outside. Jarrett rammed Michaels back first into the steel ring post several times and Rick Rude even got involved behind the referee's back! Jarrett worked over Michaels' back and legs inside the ring and gained several near falls on the champion. Jarrett eventually locked Michaels into the Figure Four. Michaels was able to fight out of it and make it to the ropes. Jarrett still kept coming at Michaels and beat down Michaels. Michaels ended up catching Jarrett with the flying forearm and nipped up. Michaels hit Jarrett with his trademark moves and slammed Jarrett down. Michaels came flying off the top with the elbow drop to Jarrett's heart. Michaels then called for Sweet Chin Music! Michaels went over to the corner and started to tune up the band! Jarrett got up to his feet and Michaels drilled him with Sweet Chin Music! Rude tried to break the count up, But he was too late and Michaels got the win! Jarrett was then helped to the back by Rick Rude. Scott Hall then came down to the ring. Hall got into the ring and got face to face with Michaels. Hall started talking some trash to Michaels, And Michaels told Hall to bring it. Hall chose to exit the ring instead. Michaels then went to celebrate, But Hall came back into the ring and hit Michaels with a clothesline from behind! Hall grabbed the World Wrestling Federation Championship and hit Michaels right upside the head with it! Hall then pulled Michaels up and hit the move known as the Razor's Edge to Michaels! Monday Night Raw went off the air with Scott Hall standing over Shawn Michaels and holding the World Wrestling Federation Championship high in the air. McMahon says that Scott Hall has invaded the World Wrestling Federation and that Shawn Michaels is his target!

99, 100, 97 *****

Scott Hall's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Scott Hall gained overness from this turn.

Overall Rating- 87

TV Rating- 7.36

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.41

Attendance- 7,049

Ticket Sales- $281,960

SWF Tuesday

TV Rating- 0.96

Attendance- 806

Ticket Sales- $24,180

Notes

"I should be higher on the card, promote me up the roster."- Brian Adams

"I was thinking, how about giving me some matches with Brian Adams? I think we'd be able to do some good work together given the chance."- Vader

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

"I'm not happy about your decision to fire Chaz Warrington."- Glen Ruth

"I'm not happy about your decision to fire Chaz Warrington."- D'Lo Brown

"I'm not happy about your decision to fire Hillbilly Jim."- Mark Cantebury

"I'm not happy about your decision to fire Hillbilly Jim."- Dennis Knight

"I'm not happy about your decision to fire Sgt. Slaughter."- Vince McMahon

News

- The World Wrestling Federation has released the following workers. Alex Porteau, Chaz Warrington (Mosh), Hillbilly Jim, Louie Spicolli, Sgt. Slaughter and The Barbarian. Warrington was let go due to his bad attitude, The WWF had nothing for Jim and Slaughter, The Barbarian and Spicolli were let go from their USWA contracts. The WWF didn't really see anything in Porteau and let him go.

- Ron Simmons, Glen Ruth (Thrasher), Mabel have all been sent down to USWA.

- Scott Hall's "cheap nickel and dime prostitute" comments made several parents angry watching at home.

- SWF have risen to National level.

- SWF have signed Mike Awesome to a written contract!

- Paul Ellering has agreed to an open contract with SWF!

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Date: September 27, 1996

Hunter Hearst Helmsley is riding high at the moment, This past Sunday night he was able to defeat Bret Hart and become the number one contender for the WWF Championship. He will now meet Shawn Michaels at In Your House "Darkest Day" on October 20th. But tonight is a whole different story for Helmsley. Tonight he faces Undertaker in the main event! Undertaker will be facing Cactus Jack in the first ever Ambulance Match at In Your House, After his brutal match with Raven on Sunday night, And his match with Sean Waltman on Monday Night Raw, Is Undertaker in any kind of condition to face Hunter Hearst Helmsley?

Commissioner Ric Flair will be in Nashville, And rumors are going around that Commissioner Flair has a huge announcement regarding In Your House "Darkest Day". What will the Commissioner have to say?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Brian Adams, Brian Lee and John Bradshaw takes on members of the Money Mine, Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger in six men tag team action!

Rick Martel defends the World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship against "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak! Is Martel in any kind of shape after Vader beat him down last Sunday night?

Vader battles Jake "The Snake" Roberts!

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty and Van "Party Time" Hammer faces the Hardy Boyz in tag team action!

Jacobs faces Bob Holly!

Undertaker takes on Hunter Hearst Helmsley in the main event!

Tonight we'll be hearing from Bart Gunn, Shawn Michaels and Commissioner Ric Flair! We'll also see a brand new Superstar debut, Mark Henry will make his debut tonight in a special interview!

Guest Prototype

Really good show. The Hall promo was good and I think I'm gonna like him as a heel. I wonder if he'll get involved with HBK and HHH and make it a 3-way for the title? The Brotherhood is shaping up well too.

user posted image

Date: September 27, 1996

Attendance: 10,009

Ticket Sales: $400,360

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Undertaker battling Hunter Hearst Helmsley!

Brian Adams, Brian Lee and John Bradshaw Vs. Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie

Good way to open up Friday Night Mayhem, These six men were able to put on a solid six men tag team match up. The members of The Money Mine got their butts kicked in the early going by these three bad ass hosses. Bradshaw looked pretty good out there in the ring, Looks like JR might be right about this hoss having a future in the WWF. Dawn Marie didn't try to get involved, Because those three men scared her off quite easily. The Money Mine were able to isolate Brian Adams and triple teamed Adams. Adams ended up catching Diamond with a full nelson bomb and made the hot tag to Bradshaw. Bradshaw came to the ring and started cleaning house. All six men got into it with The Money Mine getting their butts kicked. Bradshaw caught Swinger with a huge clothesline to pick up the win for The Brotherhood while Adams and Lee brawled with Diamond and Droese on the outside. Afterwords, The three members of The Brotherhood celebrated their win while The Money Mine headed to the back. Hendrix wondered who the other two men of The Brotherhood are.

81, 76, 86 ***1\4

Bart Gunn promises to get revenge!

We cut to the back where we see Bart Gunn standing by.

Bart Gunn- Last Monday night I was once again left laid out. This time it was by my brother Billy and his new tramp Sunny. Billy, Let me make myself perfectly clear to you. You want to beat me down? It's fine with me! You don't consider me family? I don't consider you family anymore either! You chose your side. Now it's time for me to give you the beating of a lifetime. I will get another match with you. And I won't take it easy on you. It's going to be a real fight Billy. Do you think you'll be able to handle that? You and Sunny better be careful, Because I can strike at a moments notice! I'm laying down the challenge right now, You and I one more time. In Your House "Darkest Day" on October 20th. What do you say Billy? You think you got what it takes for a rematch with me?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Rick Martel© Vs. "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak with Clarence Mason

Martel is still selling the injuries from the beat down suffered at the hands of Vader. The announcers said that Martel went out there against doctors orders, Hendrix said it was brave of Martel while Mr. Perfect, A former two time Intercontinental Champion, Said it was stupid and Martel should have stayed at home and rest his injuries. Stasiak took advantage of Martel's injuries and jumped the champion from behind. Stasiak really did a number on Martel and beat down the Intercontinental Champion. Mason even got a few shots in on Martel. Martel tried to fight back a couple times, But Stasiak kept beating him down on his injured ribs and back. Stasiak went for the Torture Rack, But Martel slipped out of it and rolled Stasiak up for the fluke three count! Martel then headed to the back with the title while Stasiak threw a fit.

81, 79, 84 ***1\4

Interview with Shawn Michaels

We go the interview area backstage where we see Michael Cole standing by with the World Wrestling Federation Champion, Shawn Michaels.

Michael Cole- Shawn Michaels, This past Monday night you defeated Jeff Jarrett. After the match was over with, Scott Hall came down to the ring and attacked you. He beat you down and left you laying. Shawn Michaels, You and Scott Hall have had alot of history in the past. You two fought in two classic ladder matches. Why do you think he attacked you? And are you going to be looking for revenge?

Shawn Michaels- I don't know what Scott Hall was thinking. I have no idea why he would want to attack the "Heart Break Kid" like that. Maybe Hall is bitter because the Kliq could care less about him. Or he could be bitter because I beat him in our last ladder match. Who knows? Really, Who cares? Scott Hall attacked me and now he's going to have to pay. He thinks that just because he feels he was screwed over, That he could get away with attacking me? I know he's here somewhere, And when I find him, There's gonna be trouble for the "lone wolf". Scott Hall, When I do find you, You'll be listening to Sweet Chin Music all night long. I don't care who dumped you or whatever, I will make you regret attacking me like you did last Monday night.

Michael Cole- I understand that Scott Hall is not here tonight, But Hunter Hearst Helmsley will be facing Undertaker in the main event. Will we see you get involved?

Shawn Michaels- I don't need to get involved. I know Hunter's gonna have his hands full with Undertaker. Hunter better be worried about tonight, Cause the deadman is coming for him tonight. Since Scott Hall isn't here tonight, I think I'm going to be heading out. Who knows? Maybe after the show, HBK is going to hang out with all the Kliq here in Nashville, Tennessee.

Michael Cole- You will be meeting Hunter Hearst Helmsley at In Your House "Darkest Day" on October 20th. The World Wrestling Federation Championship will be on the line, Hunter Hearst Helmsley has had alot of success in the short time he's been here. He's not only a talented wrestler, But he's won this year's King Of The Ring and Sunday night he defeated Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Some people might think that he'll defeat you at In Your House "Darkest Day", Will the title leave your waist?

Shawn Michaels- Hunter Hearst Helmsley is a amazing athlete. He's been in alot of great matches. He's taken me to the limit before. But he won't be winning the title at In Your House. He might have won the King Of The Ring, And he might have beaten Bret Hart. But he's going to be in the ring with me on October 20th. He's going to be in the biggest match of his career. He won't be winning the title. His fall will take place on October 20th. He might think he's on top of the mountain, But he knows what it's like to go down to HBK. And he will go down to HBK one more time on October 20th. It's just not his time to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion.

Michael Cole- Fans, Shawn Michaels no doubt has alot of things on his mind. And one of them is Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Hunter Hearst Helmsley will be in action later tonight, But Friday Night Mayhem returns after these commercial breaks!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Vader Vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Vader squashed Roberts here. It looks like Jake's career with the WWF could be done. The announcers kept hyping Vader's attacks on Martel through out most the match up. Roberts had some brief offense early on, But Vader clotheslined him out to the floor and beat down Jake on the outside. Vader tossed Jake into the steel steps and steel guardrail a couple times as well. Back inside the ring, Vader beat down Jake with ease and tossed Jake around the ring. Vader pummeled Jake in the corner with right hands and avalanched Jake three times! Vader then put Jake down with a powerbomb and dragged him to the corner. Vader hit the Vader Bomb to Jake, But he didn't go for the cover! Vader went up top and hit a huge moonsault to Jake to pick up the win! Vader then stood over Jake and taunted him.

79, 78, 80 **3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Mark Henry is here!

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Vince McMahon standing in the ring with a microphone in his hand.

Vince McMahon- I'm out here tonight to present the fans of the World Wrestling Federation with a true athlete. A man who will no doubt leave a legacy in the WWF. And all it's fans. He made history in 1992 by becoming the largest weightlifter in the history of the Olympics. He finished in tenth place at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics. Last year in the 1995 Pan American Games, He won the gold, Silver and bronze medals. This year he became a North America, Central America, Caribbean Islands champion. He signed a lucrative deal to the World Wrestling Federation this year. And now the time has come for his debut. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, The world's strongest man, Mark Henry!

Some music plays and out comes Mark Henry. He gets a good ovation from these fans as he comes down to the ring in a jocking suit. Henry gets into the ring and shakes hands with McMahon.

Vince McMahon- Mark Henry, Let me be the first one to welcome you to the World Wrestling Federation.

Mark Henry- Thank you Vince, It's been my dream to come to the World Wrestling Federation. I am now here, And I got a bunch of feelings going through me. I am so excited to be in the World Wrestling Federation. I can't wait to get in the ring and fight these talented men week in and week out.

Vince McMahon- What do you think your career in the World Wrestling Federation will be like? Where do you see yourself going in the World Wrestling Federation?

Mark Henry- I see myself going to bigger and bigger things. I will go right to the top of the WWF. I came here for competition, There's plenty of men I would love to step into the ring with. I thrive on competition, I know that the WWF has some big stars. I can't wait to get in the ring with them. Guys like Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Bret Hart. Are all guys I want to get in the ring with. I want to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion soon, And I can't wait to fight all these men.

Vince McMahon- You'll be............

Scott Taylor's music plays which interrupts Vince McMahon, Scott Taylor makes his way down to the ring to boos from these fans. Taylor gets inside the ring and offers a handshake to Henry, Henry goes for the handshake, But Taylor pulls away and taunts Henry!

Vince McMahon- Scott Taylor, What are you doing out here?

Scott Taylor- What am I doing here? I came out here to get a closer look. Get a closer look at the world's strongest man. And you know what I see?

Mark Henry- What do you see?

Scott Taylor- I see a talentless hack! You're not a wrestler. You're not a athlete. You're just some freak who can lift weights. Wow! That is so impressive! You can lift stuff in the air. Why are you in the World Wrestling Federation? You're just a big fat freak. You're going to make a fool out of yourself! You shouldn't be in the WWF, You should be at the local freak show!

Mark Henry- Hey! You better watch yourself Taylor. You don't want me taking you down boy.

Scott Taylor- Like you could! You're not a wrestler. Look at you! You shouldn't be here. You're going to amount to nothing in the World Wrestling Federation. You are nobody! You think your little accomplishments mean something? No one cares about you! No one in the locker room wants you here! So how about you get your big cupcake butt out of the WWF and never come back?

Mark Henry- If you don't want me in the WWF, Why don't you remove me from this ring?

Scott Taylor- You think I'm afraid of you? I'll beat you down any day I feel like! But I won't do it tonight! I don't want to hurt myself trying to lift you up! So I'm gonna go now, But I hope you're ready, Because I can strike on you at anytime with my cat like quickness!

Scott Taylor drops his microphone down and heads to the outside. Mark Henry turns around and goes to talk to Vince, But Taylor sneaks back into the ring! Taylor goes to jump Henry, But Henry runs right over Taylor with a clothesline! Henry pulls Taylor up and gorilla slams Taylor down as McMahon exits the ring. Mark Henry lifts Scott Taylor up and press slams Scott Taylor to outside! Henry stands in the ring and tells Taylor to come back for more, But Taylor heads to the back! Mark Henry's music plays and Henry stands tall in the ring.

Mark Henry debuted his new gimmick (Legitimate Athlete), it got a positive response.

Mark Henry gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty and Van "Party Time" Hammer Vs. Hardy Boyz

These two teams put on quite a solid showing here. The crowd was behind the Hardy Boyz and booed Jannetty and Hammer for some reason. I guess people in Nashville, Tennessee don't like to party like Hammer and Jannetty do. Jannetty and Hammer started this one off with a dance of course. The Hardy Boyz didn't seem to like it and took Jannetty and Hammer out with a pair of drop kicks and followed up with pescados! Back inside the ring, Hammer caught Matt Hardy with a running clothesline which allowed Jannetty and Hammer to isolate Matt Hardy. Hammer and Jannetty pounded away at Jannetty, With them dancing at times as well. Matt caught Hammer with a tornado DDT and made the hot tag to Jeff Hardy. Jeff came to the ring and started cleaning house with some quick offense. Jannetty and Jeff ended up being the legal men, While Matt beat down Hammer on the outside. Jannetty took Jeff over with a roll up and grabbed a hand full of tights for the win! Afterwords, Jannetty and Hammer danced all the way to the back!

84, 78, 91 ***3/4

Jeff Hardy lost overness from this match.

Matt Hardy lost overness from this match.

Marty Jannetty gained overness from this match.

Van Hammer gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jacobs with Bob Backlund Vs. Bob Holly

Jacobs and Holly put on quite a solid match. It was announced that Jacobs would meet Sycho Sid in a rematch from Sunday night, At In Your House "Darkest Day" on October 20th. Holly attacked the monster Jacobs from behind to get this one going. Holly tried as hard as he could, But Jacobs was too much for him. Jacobs felt no pain and kicked the snot out of Bob Holly. Holly couldn't even take Jacobs off of his feet! Jacobs beat Holly down slowly, Jacobs yelled out telling Sid this is what he's in for at In Your House "Darkest Day" while he beat the piss out of Bob Holly. Holly made the comeback and caught Jacobs with a clothesline. But Jacobs did not go off his feet! Holly even drop kicked Jacobs, But he wouldn't go down! Jacobs caught Holly with the Choke Slam! Jacobs then hit the Powerbomb Of Pain to score the win. After the match ended, Jacobs stood over Holly and laughed like a mad man along with Bob Backlund. Hendrix wondered if Sid knows what he got himself into asking for a rematch with Jacobs.

82, 76, 89 ***1\2

Interview with Undertaker

We go backstage to the interview area where we see Kevin Kelly standing by with Undertaker.

Kevin Kelly- Undertaker, Tonight you're going to face Hunter Hearst Helmsley in the main event. But at In Your House "Darkest Day" it's you and Cactus Jack in the first ever "Ambulance Match". The rules are simple, There's no pin falls, No disqualifications, No count outs. To win, You have to beat down your opponent and load him up into the ambulance. What are your thoughts on the first ever Ambulance Match in World Wrestling Federation history?

Undertaker- The time has come for me and Cactus Jack to end our rivalry. It's time for Cactus Jack to really know what it's like to be in hell with me. No pin falls, No disqualifications and no count outs. There must be a winner. It's going to be a fight. I'm going to beat down Cactus Jack and beat him within a inch of his life. He's going to bleed, He's going to get hurt, And he won't be coming back for more. Cactus Jack saw what I did to Raven last Sunday night, Now it's his turn. I'm going to beat him in the Ambulance Match and become the winner.

Kevin Kelly- This is the first Ambulance Match in history, What do you think about the rules for this match up?

Undertaker- If Cactus Jack wants to be in this Ambulance Match, Then it's fine with me. I don't care as long as I get him in the ring once again. He doesn't have Raven anymore, It's finally Cactus Jack and I in the ring without anyone interfering. No one will interfere and help Cactus Jack. I will beat him down and then I'll get into the ambulance and end things once and for all. Cactus Jack will know that true pain is all about. I showed Raven this past Sunday night, And on October 20th, It's going to be Cactus Jack's darkest day.

Kevin Kelly- You'll be facing Hunter Hearst Helmsley tonight in the main event, Hunter Hearst Helmsley has had huge wins. He is the number one contender for the WWF Championship. Can you beat Hunter Hearst Helmsley tonight?

Undertaker- Hunter Hearst Helmsley is living high right now. He's on top of the world. But tonight, It's going to be a whole new story for him. His moment of glory will come to an end tonight. He's going to step into that ring with me and all my creatures of the night. And he won't be coming out a winner. I'm going to take his soul and give it to all the creatures of the night worldwide. Hunter Hearst Helmsley will be a small preview of what I do to Cactus Jack on October 20th. Hunter Hearst Helmsley will rest in peace tonight.

Kevin Kelly- Fans, Up next we'll see Undertaker battle Hunter Hearst Helmsley in the main event!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Undertaker

The crowd was hot for this main event. They booed Helmsley at everything he did while they cheered for Undertaker. These two men had a great match up. It started off with Helmsley jumping Undertaker from behind, But it didn't work and Undertaker tossed Helmsley out to the floor with one hand! They brawled out on the floor with Undertaker beating down Hunter Hearst Helmsley and tossing Helmsley around. Helmsley ended up taking Undertaker down with a drop toe hold right into the steel steps! Helmsley then suplexed Undertaker out on the floor! Back inside the ring, Helmsley worked over Undertaker's back, But he could not put the phenom of the WWF away. Helmsley went for the Pedigree, But Undertaker countered and catapulted Helmsley into the turnbuckle! Undertaker made the comeback and beat the holy hell out of Helmsley in the corner with right hands. Undertaker nailed the walk on the ropes to Helmsley and followed up with a flying DDT. Undertaker went for the Choke Slam, But in midair, Helmsley booted the referee in the face which knocked him out! Undertaker took Helmsley out with the Tombstone but there was no one to count! Cactus Jack then came down from the back and nailed Undertaker with a chair shot the head! Jack piledrove Undertaker onto the chair and fled the ring. Helmsley was able to cover Undertaker and got the three as the referee came to! Helmsley then stood victorious with the announcers saying that Helmsley would be the next champion!

94, 96, 91 ****1\4

Undertaker lost overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Phillip LaFon makes Jerry Lawler submit to the Dragon Sleeper! (Monday Night Raw 9/23/96)

Scott Hall is out of control!

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with the music of Commissioner Ric Flair hitting the arena. The crowd goes wild as the Commissioner makes his way down to the ring. Commissioner Flair gets inside the ring and is handed a microphone.

Ric Flair- Wooooooooo! Nashville, Tennessee! The "Nature Boy" is here! Wooooooooooo! I've come out here because I have got a big announcement concerning In Your House "Darkest Day". I got a huge announcement about the number one contender for November. That's right! Wooooooooooo! The number one contender for Survivor Series! I got this idea lined out. It's going to be a special ten men over the top rope battle royal. The winner will meet the World Wrestling Federation Champion at the Survivor Series. There's gonna be some big names in there. I know all you fans have different opinions on who the number one contender should be. So I have chosen the top ten men. The ten men are going to be, Bret Hart, Scott Steiner, Ahmed Johnson, Rick Martel, Vader, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Jeff Jarrett, Marc Mero and Mr. lone wolf himself, Scott Hall! The winner will meet the World Wrestling Federation Champion at the Survivor Series on November 17th! Those ten men have a chance to main event this year's Survivor Series! Wooooo! And I know that those ten men would love to get their shot at the title, So I.........

The crowd boos as Scott Hall's music plays. Scott Hall makes his way down to the ring in street clothing. Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect hype the fact that they thought Scott Hall would not be here tonight as Hall gets into the ring. Hall grabs a microphone and stares down the Commissioner of the World Wrestling Federation.

Ric Flair- Look who it is, It's Scott by God Hall! Wooooooooo! I know we haven't talked in sometime Hall, But I am actually glad you're back here in the World Wrestling Federation. I always thought you had what it took to be big. And that's why I put you in that ten men battle royal at In Your House "Darkest Day". So what are you out here for? What can the Commissioner do for you?

Scott Hall- What you can do is take me out of that battle royal and give me the title shot this Monday night! I don't feel like waiting for In Your House. I want my title shot this Monday night.

Ric Flair- I'm sorry Scott, But you can't have one on Monday night.

Scott Hall- Why is that? Is it because my attitude is too much for you and these WWF fans? Is my attitude not allowed in the New Generation?

Ric Flair- No, It's because you have been on the sidelines since April! You haven't been in the ring since April! You think I'm just going to hand you a title shot? You're lucky I put you in the the battle royal! You came out on Monday Night Raw and talked badly about the company, You crashed the show, And you attacked the champion. Why did you do it Scott? Why did you feel like crashing the show?

Scott Hall- Why? You want to know why? Because I do what I want when I want. I crashed the show because I was tired of sitting around. You haven't done anything for me since you became the Commissioner. You never tried to contact me once. I came back to take over the WWF. I came back to be the champion. So stop wasting my time and give me my title shot this Monday night!

Ric Flair- I can't give you a title shot. You'll have to win the battle royal at In Your House to get your title shot.

Scott Hall- You don't seem to understand me Flair, It might be because of the old age, But I'm not going to wait until some battle royal. Give me my title shot this Monday night. Or you will live to regret it!

Ric Flair- Is that the way it's going to be with you? You think you're going to boss me around? I'll tell you what Scott Hall, This Monday night you better get ready to step into the ring. You better be in good shape, Because it's going to be a big match. I'm gonna find two men for you to fight! That's right! It won't be any title matches, You'll be booked into a handicap match! No title shots for you on Monday Night Raw! You're going to have to beat nine other men on October 20th to get your title shot!

Scott Hall- Is that your final decision? There's nothing I can do to change your mind?

Ric Flair- No, There's nothing you can do. You'll have to earn your shot. And because of your attitude, You'll be in a handicap match on Monday Night Raw!

Scott Hall- Is that so? You made your decision, And now I got to make mine!

Scott Hall stares down Commissioner Ric Flair and nails Flair with a right hand! Flair looks back at Hall and decks Hall! The crowd goes rabid as both these men begin to trade blows! Flair hits Hall with devastating chops! Flair backs Hall into the corner and chops the hell out of Hall's chest! Hall is able to sneak a low blow on Flair! Hall punches away at Flair! Hall clotheslines Flair down! Hall starts stomping down on Flair! Hall goes to the outside and grabs a steel chair. Hall comes back into the ring with the steel chair! Ric Flair gets up and Scott Hall drills him right upside the head with the chair! The crowd boos as Scott Hall throws the chair down. Ric Flair is shown and he's busted open! Hall calls for the Outsider's Edge! Scott Hall lifts Commissioner Ric Flair up and drops him down to the canvas with the Outsider's Edge! Scott Hall stands over Flair as these fans boo him. Hall grabs the microphone as Flair is left out cold.

Scott Hall- Hey Yo.......... Hey Flair, You tell those nine other guys that Scott Hall is going to be in that battle royal, And I'm going to become the number one contender. And this Monday night, I hope you know what you're doing by putting two men in there with me. Whatever happens to them, Will be on your head! I'm taking over, And nobody is going to stop me!

Scott Hall's music plays as this crowd has totally turned on Hall and throw garbage at him. Scott Hall leaves the ring as officials come down from the back to check on Commissioner Ric Flair. Scott Hall poses on the stage as we go off the air.

Overall Rating- 84

TV Rating- 7.75

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.94

Attendance- 7,531

Ticket Sales- $301,240

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.34

Attendance- 480

Ticket Sales- $9,600

SWF Friday

TV Rating- 0.98

Attendance- 615

Ticket Sales- $18,450

Notes

"Rick Martel and Shawn Stasiak work pretty well together due to their similar styles."- Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Marty Jannetty

"How about booking me against Jesse James? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like."- Goldust

"I'd like to work with D'Lo Brown if possible."- British Bulldog

user posted image

Date: September 29, 1996

Attendance: 10,035

Ticket Sales: $401,400

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Ahmed Johnson taking on Tiger Ali Singh.

Albert with Ted DiBiase Vs. D'Lo Brown

The announcers barely talked about the match at hand, They chose to talk about The Corporation/Brotherhood feud and about how Scott Hall attacked Commissioner Flair this Friday night. Looks like D'Lo's push has officially done away. Albert pretty much tossed the youngster around the ring and beat him down with power moves. DiBiase got involved a few times and beat down Brown while Albert had the referee distracted. Brown made a comeback late in the match, But Albert caught him with the A-Bomb for the win.

80, 79, 82 ***

Albert gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chavo Guerrero, Scorpio and Scott Putski Vs. Brian Christopher, Scott Taylor and Sean Waltman

This one was a excellent six men tag team match up with all four with these young Light Heavyweight wrestlers. All six men showed some high flying innovative offense here that had the WWF crowd going which is pretty unusual since the WWF fans are not used to high flying action like these six men provided today on Superstars. Sean Waltman did defeat Chavo Guerrero twice thanks to some cheating, And it looks like we could get a feud between Chavo and Waltman down the line. This one ended with Scorpio and Putski battling Taylor and Christopher on the outside which left Chavo and Waltman in the ring. Waltman went for a spinning heel kick, But Chavo ducked and Waltman hit the canvas! Chavo then scored with a Brainbuster to Waltman and picked up the win over the Million Dollar Champion! Afterwords, Chavo and his teammates celebrated their big win.

85, 80, 91 ***3/4

Mark Henry video

*From Friday Night Mayhem*

Vince McMahon- I'm out here tonight to present the fans of the World Wrestling Federation with a true athlete. A man who will no doubt leave a legacy in the WWF. And all it's fans. He made history in 1992 by becoming the largest weightlifter in the history of the olympics. He finished in tenth place at the 1992 Barcelona olympics. Last year in the 1995 Pan American Games, He won the gold, Silver and bronze medals. This year he became a North America, Central America, Caribbean Islands champion. He signed a lucrative deal to the World Wrestling Federation this year. And now the time has come for his debut. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, The world's strongest man, Mark Henry!

Some music plays and out comes Mark Henry. He gets a good ovation from these fans as he comes down to the ring in a jocking suit. Henry gets into the ring and shakes hands with McMahon.

Vince McMahon- Mark Henry, Let me be the first one to welcome you to the World Wrestling Federation.

Mark Henry- Thank you Vince, It's been my dream to come to the World Wrestling Federation. I am now here, And I got a bunch of feelings going through me. I am so excited to be in the World Wrestling Federation. I can't wait to get in the ring and fight these talented men week in and week out.

Vince McMahon- What do you think your career in the World Wrestling Federation will be like? Where do you see yourself going in the World Wrestling Federation?

Mark Henry- I see myself going to bigger and bigger things. I will go right to the top of the WWF. I came here for competition, There's plenty of men I would love to step into the ring with. I thrive on competition, I know that the WWF has some big stars. I can't wait to get in the ring with them. Guys like Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Bret Hart. Are all guys I want to get in the ring with. I want to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion soon, And I can't wait to fight all these men.

Vince McMahon- You'll be............

Scott Taylor's music plays which interrupts Vince McMahon, Scott Taylor makes his way down to the ring to boos from these fans. Taylor gets inside the ring and offers a handshake to Henry, Henry goes for the handshake, But Taylor pulls away and taunts Henry!

Vince McMahon- Scott Taylor, What are you doing out here?

Scott Taylor- What am I doing here? I came out here to get a closer look. Get a closer look at the world's strongest man. And you know what I see?

Mark Henry- What do you see?

Scott Taylor- I see a talentless hack! You're not a wrestler. You're not a athlete. You're just some freak who can lift weights. Wow! That is so impressive! You can lift stuff in the air. Why are you in the World Wrestling Federation? You're just a big fat freak. You're going to make a fool out of yourself! You shouldn't be in the WWF, You should be at the local freak show!

Mark Henry- Hey! You better watch yourself Taylor. You don't want me taking you down boy.

Scott Taylor- Like you could! You're not a wrestler. Look at you! You shouldn't be here. You're going to amount to nothing in the World Wrestling Federation. You are nobody! You think your little accomplishments mean something? No one cares about you! No one in the locker room wants you here! So how about you get your big cupcake butt out of the WWF and never come back?

Mark Henry- If you don't want me in the WWF, Why don't you remove me from this ring?

Scott Taylor- You think I'm afraid of you? I'll beat you down anyday I feel like! But I won't do it tonight! I don't want to hurt myself trying to lift you up! So I'm gonna go now, But I hope you're ready, Because I can strike on you at anytime with my cat like quickness!

Scott Taylor drops his microphone down and heads to the outside. Mark Henry turns around and goes to talk to Vince, But Taylor sneaks back into the ring! Taylor goes to jump Henry, But Henry runs right over Taylor with a clothesline! Henry pulls Taylor up and gorilla slams Taylor down as McMahon exits the ring. Mark Henry lifts Scott Taylor up and press slams Scott Taylor to outside! Henry stands in the ring and tells Taylor to come back for more, But Taylor heads to the back! Mark Henry's music plays and Henry stands tall in the ring.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Fatu Vs. Yokozuna

This is up there with Marlena/Goldust versus Mero/Sable from In Your House "Canadian Invasion" as one of the worst matches of the year. Hell, Some of the matches between The Shark and Hulk Hogan from WCW have been better than this one. Yokozuna seemed pretty unmotivated out there, Despite wrestling his own family member. These two men put on the usual "fat guy versus fat guy" match. Fatu won this one after he caught Yokozuna with a bulldog. The two men then shook hands after the match was over.

64, 71, 51 DUD

Yokozuna lost overness from this match.

Fatu gained overness from this match.

Yokozuna didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating.

Interview with Scott Hall

We're shown pre recorded comments from Scott Hall after Friday Night Mayhem went off the air. Hall says that entering the battle royal and winning it depite the fact that he should be the number one contender for the title. Hall says that he's taking over and he's going to become the WWF Champion. Hall says that if people think what he did to Commissioner Flair was bad, Then they ain't seen nothing yet!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Masked Americans Vs. Scott Vick and Chris Kanyon

Kanyon and Vick must really be big timer jobbers if they're doing the job to the biggest joke of a tag team to ever wrestle in the WWF. Besides the Godwinns that is. The WWF had plans for the Masked Americans to become tag team champions this year. But I don't see it happening since they've been getting booed at recent house shows. Kanyon and Vick got pretty much squashed, Lombardi pinned Kanyon with a bulldog. Afterwords, The Masked Americans celebrated their win to some edited chants from the crowd.

72, 60, 84 **3\4

Interview with Tiger Ali Singh

Todd Pettengill interviewed the "Hindu Hero" Tiger Ali Singh in the back. Todd asked for what Singh's thoughts on his match with Ahmed Johnson were, Tiger said that Ahmed Johnson was a fool. Singh talked about how Americans had treated the blacks very poorly, And yet Ahmed Johnson calls himself the people's champion. Singh said Ahmed Johnson betrayed his own kind. Singh said that today on Superstars he would defeat Ahmed Johnson for every person that has ever been mistreated by the Americans.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Jacobs defeats Bob Holly with the Powerbomb Of Pain! (9/27/96)

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Tiger Ali Singh

Singh did not get to beat down Johnson, This one was a pretty bad match up. But it wasn't too long. Johnson beat down Tiger early on and used his usual four or five moves on Singh. The announcers ignored this match too, And talked about the week that was for the WWF. Johnson won this one after catching Singh with a spinebuster followed by the Pearl River Plunge. Superstars went off the air with Ahmed Johnson celebrating his win while the "Hindu Hero" argued with the referee saying that it was a fast count.

69, 72, 65 *

Overall Rating- 75

TV Rating- 2.81

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.94

Attendance- 7,547

Ticket Sales- $301,880

SWF Sunday

TV Rating- 2.26

Attendance- 612

Ticket Sales- $18,360

ECW Into The Void

Attendance- 2,894

Ticket Sales- $86,820

Notes

"Fatu and Yokozuna didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"- Pat Patterson

"Ahmed Johnson and Tiger Ali Singh didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"- Pat Patterson

"Tiger Ali Singh just doesn't have what it takes at this level yet, i was forced to carry our entire match."- Ahmed Johnson

"Ahmed Johnson was working too stiffly, i could have been badly hurt."- Tiger Ali Singh

"D'Lo Brown would be a great opponent for me, how about putting us together in some matches?"- Hunter Hearst Helmsley

"I was thinking, how about giving me some matches with Undertaker? I think we'd be able to do some good work together given the chance."- Scott Steiner

"I'd like to work with Steve Austin if possible."- Shawn Michaels

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Date: September 30, 1996

As In Your House "Darkest Day" nears, Shawn Michaels will once again be wrestling before his huge match with Hunter Hearst Helmsley on October 20th. Tonight the "Heart Break Kid" faces a man he knows really well, Vader! Michaels meets Vader in the main event in a special non title match! Will Helmsley show up during this match? Will Michaels' new rival Scott Hall also show up?

Cactus Jack will be in Seattle, And Jack has said to be in a very twisted mood after hearing the announcement regarding his "Ambulance Match" with Undertaker at In Your House. What will the psychotic Cactus Jack have to say tonight as In Your House nears?

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Scott Hall faces a tag team of Commissioner Flair's choice in a special handicap match! Who has the Commissioner chosen for Scott Hall to face? This is Hall's first match back since April!

Marc Mero and Sable face Sunny and Billy Gunn in a intergender tag team match! That means that the men can be in there against the women!

Scott Steiner faces the young Scott Putski in singles action! Can Putski get the huge upset over Steiner?

Al Snow, Steve Austin and Sean Waltman of The Corporation battle Brian Lee, Brian Adams and John Bradshaw of The Brotherhood! This will no doubt be a heated six men tag match!

Shawn Michaels faces Vader in the main event in a special non title match!

We'll be hearing from Sycho Sid and Cactus Jack! Plus much more WWF action will happen tonight on the USA Network!

user posted image

Date: September 30, 1996

Attendance: 10,023

Ticket Sales: $400,920

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Shawn Michaels facing Vader in a non title match up!

Handicap Match

Scott Hall Vs. The Thrillseekers

Chris Jericho and Lance Storm were the men picked for Scott Hall's in ring return tonight. Hall looks to be in great shape and he didn't have any ring rust in him. The crowd was hot for this match with lots of "Hall sucks" chants. There was a rumor that The Thrillseekers were going to be let go of their contracts, But Owen Hart and Bret Hart made sure no decision to fire The Thrillseekers were made. The Thrillseekers did actually give Scott Hall a tough challenge, But not too much since Hall is a main eventer and The Thrillseekers are two midcard wrestlers who spent most of their WWF careers on Superstars. Hall kept Jericho from making the tag to Lance Storm through out the match. Jericho caught Hall with a running enziguri kick and made the hot tag to Storm. Storm came into the ring and cleaned house for awhile, Hall won this one after he took Jericho out with a fallaway slam to the outside. Hall took Storm out with the Outsider's Edge and picked up the three. Storm was helped to the back by Jericho as Scott Hall stood in the ring and celebrated his win.

91, 89, 94 ****1\4

"Michaels and Hall! By God!"

As Scott Hall celebrates, The fans go wild! Shawn Michaels comes running down from the back! Michaels gets into the ring and he and Scott Hall start trading blows! Scott Hall seems to get the best of Michaels with big right hands to Michaels' face. Hall goes for the Outsider's Edge, But Michaels slips out of it! Michaels then goes for Sweet Chin Music, But Hall quickly slides out to the floor to boos from this huge crowd. Hall heads to the back as a angry Shawn Michaels stays inside the ring. McMahon hypes the fact that Scott Hall could win the ten men battle royal at In Your House "Darkest Day" and face Michaels for the World Wrestling Federation Championship.

Interview with Billy Gunn and Sunny

We cut to the backstage area where Dok Hendrix is standing by with Sunny and Billy Gunn.

Dok Hendrix- Billy Gunn and Sunny, Tonight you two team up take on Marc Mero and Sable in mixed tag team action. But Billy, Your brother Bart Gunn has laid down the challenge and it has already been made. You two will meet at In Your House "Darkest Day" on October 20th, And Sunny will be barred from ringside, And it's a No Disqualification match as well! And if Bart wins, Then he gets a match with Sunny! What do you think about that?

Sunny- It's obvious that the rules for the match were made by a complete pervert, First they made the no disqualification rules, Which means that Bart Gunn can cheat as much as he wants and not get disqualified. Then they ban me from ringside, That's not fair. I'm a manager. I need to be at ringside watching my client compete. And then, Bart Gunn gets a match with me if he wins? First of all, He won't win. And even if he's somehow able to sneak a win, I can beat him! Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean that I can't fight. Bart Gunn, You won't get me in the ring at all, Because Billy will once again beat you!

Billy Gunn- Bart, You think you're so smart don't you? Getting these stipulations for our match up. You won't be able to beat me. I don't care if it's No Disqualifications or not. I'm still going to win. And I don't care if Sunny won't be able to be at ringside, I'll still win. and you want to know why? Because I have evolved. I am the brother who has evolved. It's evolution Bart, It's what has made me so good. You won't beat me, I'm coming out on top at In Your House "Darkest Day".

Dok Hendrix- Tonight it'll be the two of you against Sable and Marc Mero in a intergender tag team match, That means that the men can be in there against the women. What do you guys think about that?

Sunny- I think that the World Wrestling Federation wants to see me get hurt, If Marc Mero gets tagged in, He can beat me down and that's not fair. I should sue the WWF if anything happens to me out there. And Sable, I know you have some in ring experience, But if it's just you and I in that ring, I'll teach you a little lesson!

Billy Gunn- I still owe Mero a little something from our last match when my brother Bart interfered, "Wildman" you better watch out tonight. Because I'm gonna give you everything I got. I'm going to beat you down like the dog that you are. And Sable, I won't hesitate to slap you down as well.

Dok Hendrix- Good luck out there, Fans up next we'll see the intergender tag team match up! Sunny and Billy Gunn battle Sable and Marc Mero!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Marc Mero and Sable Vs. Sunny and Billy Gunn

The men could be in there against the women, But that didn't help this horrid match. The WWF should keep the women as managers and never try to get them to wrestle. Sunny tried to beat down Mero, But Mero shoved her down which allowed Sable and Sunny to go at it for awhile, Which the male members of the audience enjoyed seeing alot. The announcers kept hyping what a brutal match Billy Gunn versus Bart Gunn should be at In Your House "Darkest Day". The ladies ended up out on the floor which left Mero and Billy in the ring. Billy took Mero down with the Evolution Drop, But got distracted by his brother Bart who stood on the RAW entrance way with a steel chair in hand! Billy got distracted long enough for Mero to roll him up for the three! Afterwords, Sable and Mero headed to the back while Bart taunted Sunny and Billy Gunn.

73, 86, 45 DUD

Interview with Scott Steiner

We cut to the back where we see Todd Pettengill standing by with Scott Steiner.

Todd Pettengill- Scott Steiner, Tonight you battle the young high flier Scott Putski in singles action. But I don't know if you know, But at In Your House "Darkest Day" on October 20th, You'll be involved in a ten men over the top rope battle royal. And the winner will meet the World Wrestling Federation Champion at the Survivor Series. We know that Marc Mero, Rick Martel, Scott Hall, Owen Hart, Vader, British Bulldog, Ahmed Johnson, Jeff Jarrett, Bret Hart and yourself will be in that battle royal. What are your thoughts on this huge chance to get a WWF Championship match at the Survivor Series?

Scott Steiner- I think that those nine men are going to be in a world of trouble come In Your House. Their darkest day will be when they step into that ring with me. I'm going to run right over nine men to get my title shot. I will go to the Survivor Series and walk out of Survivor Series the World Wrestling Federation Champion. I don't care who gets in my way, I'm a better athlete than all nine of those men and I will get my title shot.

Todd Pettengill- As of late you have been involved in a feud with Bret Hart, You cost Hart his chance to become the number one contender, And last week you didn't come down to the ring and get face to face with "The Hitman". Are you scared of Bret Hart?

Scott Steiner- What are you Pettengill? A moron? Next time you ask me a stupid question like that, You'll have to be eating applesauce for the rest of your life. I am not scared of Bret Hart, Bret Hart doesn't scare me. Look at me, Look at my body. You think that skinny Canadian can take me down? I could whoop his behind if I felt like it. And I will. When I say so. Right now I'm putting all my attention to the battle royal. I know Bret Hart's gonna be in that battle royal, And if he wants some, He can come get some of me. Hell, I want to eliminate him last just so he can know that I am better than him. I want to be the number one contender by running right over Bret Hart.

Todd Pettengill- You'll be taking on the young second generation star, Scott Putski up next. He's made quite a mark since debuting in the WWF, What do you think about this match up?

Scott Steiner- You think Scott Putski impresses me? He's nothing but a young punk. If he thinks he's going to make a name for himself by beating me, Then he's got another thing coming. I'll beat him down tonight, And then if I feel like it, I'll beat his old man as well! Nobody is beating Scott Steiner!

Todd Pettengill- Fans, Up next we'll see Scott Steiner battle Scott Putski! What a match this one should be!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scott Steiner Vs. Scott Putski

Scott Putski did a good of selling here. Scott Steiner looked pretty good out there to, For some reason he and Ahmed Johnson didn't "click" when they were in there. At the same time this match was going on, On Monday Nitro, Rick Steiner had a midget come out and taunt Hulk Hogan. Steiner beat down Putski and used his power and strength advantage over the second generation star. Steiner used plenty of suplexes and clotheslines to put the young man down. Steiner even hit a devastating belly to belly suplex out on the floor! Back inside the ring, We saw Steiner dominate Putski. Putski ended up catching Steiner with a DDT and made the comeback. Putski hit Steiner with right hands and back dropped Steiner. Putski followed up with his cross body block for a close 2 count. Steiner took Putski out with a overhead head belly to belly suplex and locked Putski into the Steiner Recliner for the submission win. After the match ended, Steiner taunted Putski and stood over him. The fans soon cheered as Bret Hart came running down from the back with a steel chair in hand! Bret Hart went to hit Steiner, But Steiner quickly fled the ring and ran to the back!

86, 88, 82 ***1\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Al Snow, Steve Austin and Sean Waltman with Ted DiBiase Vs. Brian Lee, Brian Adams and John Bradshaw

It was announced that at In Your House "Darkest Day", Brian Lee and Brian Adams would challenge Snow and Austin for the WWF Tag Team Championship. And that John Bradshaw would meet Albert as well. This one was a great six men tag match. The crowd seems to be digging "The Brotherhood". Jim Ross called them the most impressive group in all of wrestling. Because they're three hosses. The Brotherhood started off kicking the three members of The Corporation around the ring and beating them around. Lee tossed Waltman high in the air right to the outside! The Corporation took out Bradshaw and isolated the big hoss from Texas. The three Corporation members beat down Bradshaw as McMahon and Ross kept hyping what a battle Albert/Bradshaw should be at In Your House "Darkest Day". Bradshaw caught Waltman with a fallaway slam and made the hot tag to Adams while Austin got tagged in. All six men got into the ring and a huge brawl took place with Waltman and Bradshaw somehow being the legal men once again. Lee and Adams battle Snow and Austin out on the floor which left Bradshaw and Waltman in the ring. Bradshaw ran right over Waltman with the Clothesline From Texas, But DiBiase got up on the apron and distracted the referee! Albert came running down from the back and gave Bradshaw the A-Bomb. Waltman rolled over on top of Bradshaw as DiBiase got off the apron and got the win! The Corporation then headed to the back victorious, While Lee and Adams checked on Bradshaw.

86, 82, 90 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jacobs' plan goes wrong!

We return from the commercial break with Sycho Sid's music hitting the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd. Sycho Sid makes his way down to the ring with McMahon announcing that at In Your House "Darkest Day", We'll see Sycho Sid battle Jacobs in a strap! As Sid gets inside the ring, Jacobs comes running down from the back with a leather strap! Jacobs gets inside the ring and clotheslines Sid from behind! Jacobs grabs the strap and starts choking down Sid! Jacobs goes out to the floor and grabs a steel chair. Jacobs comes into the ring with the chair and hits Sid over the back with the chair! Jacobs goes to hit Sid over the head, But Sid counters and boots the chair right into Jacobs' face! Sid takes the leather strap and hits Jacobs over the back with it multiple times! Sid then grabs the steel chair and hits Jacobs over the ribs with it! A shot to the back takes Jacobs down! Sid hits Jacobs over the back with the chair multiple times! Jacobs gets up, And Sid drills him with a huge chair shot right to the head! Jacobs gets back up, And Sid nails him upside the head with a stiff chair shot which is enough to bust Jacobs open! Sid grabs the leather strap and wraps it around his fist! Sid starts punching away on Jacobs' busted head! Officials come running down from the back and pull Sid off of Jacobs. Both men try to go after the other, But the officials hold them back as Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cactus Jack puts Undertaker in the ambulance!

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with the music of Cactus Jack hitting the arena. The crowd gives Jack huge heat as the psychotic Cactus Jack comes down to the ring driving a ambulance! Jack parks the ambulance on the RAW entry way and gets out of it. Jack makes his way down to the ring and grabs a microphone.

Cactus Jack- On October 20th, Another chapter in the Cactus Jack/Undertaker feud will be written. Undertaker and I will fight in the first ever Ambulance Match. From what I understand, You have to put your opponent into a stretcher and then put him inside the ambulance. It's going to be a brutal match. It's going to be what needs to be added to our feud Undertaker. I have beaten you, You've beaten me. But this is a ambulance match. No pin falls, No disqualifications, No count outs, No stopping the match for excessive blood loss. This will be the most brutal match in the history of the WWF. You and I have been fighting all over the WWF, And what has that gotten me? These fans still don't respect me. They don't cheer for me. They still boo me. I get garbage thrown at me whenever I'm out here. These fans love you, But they hate me. I gave half an ear for this wrestling world. I have given my blood, My sweat and my tears for you fans, And what do I get in return? Nothing! You run to your Undertaker! You go to him! What's so special about him? I beat him at SummerSlam, But no one cared. They booed me. Undertaker beat down my friend Raven and put him out of action, It's now time for the ambulance match. That's the ambulance we'll be using. Are you going to be able to put me in the stretcher and then put me inside that ambulance? It's not going to happen Undertaker. I have been waiting for this for a very long time. And I will win. Your days will come to an end on October 20th. I can taste it. I'm so close to ending this once and for all. Undertaker, Will you be going to hospital after I'm done with you? What will happen to you? If I have my way, No one will ever see you again! I'll...............

The lights go off to a huge ovation from the fans. Undertaker's music begins to play as the purple lights come on. Undertaker walks down the RAW entry way and looks at the ambulance. Undertaker comes into the ring and brings the lights back on. Undertaker and Jack stare down one another and charge at each other! Both men go right after the other with right hands! Jack and Undertaker nail each other over and over again! Undertaker punches Jack and gains the advantage with a uppercut! Undertaker backs Jack into the corner and goes medieval on Jack with right hands! Undertaker clotheslines Jack out to the floor. Undertaker goes after Jack and rams Jack's head into the steel ring post! Undertaker then sends Jack crashing into the steel steps knee first! Undertaker grabs the top part of the steel steps and tosses it right to Jack's head! Undertaker pulls Jack up and rams Jack's head into the ambulance door! Undertaker opens the door and goes to close it on Jack's head, But Jack low blows Undertaker! Jack pulls a lead pipe out of the ambulance and nails Undertaker right over the head with it! Two more pipe shots, Puts Undertaker out! Jack rolls Undertaker onto the hood of the ambulance. Jack goes up with Undertaker and hits a double arm hook DDT right on top of the hood of the ambulance! Jack rolls Undertaker off the ambulance and drops a big elbow to Undertaker's heart! Jack opens the back of the ambulance and pulls out a stretcher! Jack rams the stretcher right onto Undertaker before setting it up. Jack tosses Undertaker onto the stretcher and drags it to the ambulance. Jack puts Undertaker inside the ambulance. Jack gets inside the ambulance and backs it up! We're taken to the back where we see the ambulance stopping in the parking lot. Remember what happened to Paul Bearer?[/v] Jack gets out of the ambulance but before anything can happen, Officials come running down to the scene! The officials open up the ambulance and pull the stretcher out. Jack goes after Undertaker and punches away at Undertaker! The officials pull Jack off of Undertaker! Undertaker gets off the stretcher and goes after Jack! Both men have to be pulled apart as Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with McMahon and Ross wondering what Jack had planned for Undertaker tonight.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Ahmed Johnson defeats Tiger Ali Singh with the Pearl River Plunge! (Superstars 9/29/96)

Shawn Michaels Vs. Vader

This a rematch from the Michaels/Vader match that took place at this year's SummerSlam. If Vader wins the ten men battle royal on October 20th, He could be facing Michaels for the title at the Survivor Series. This one was just as good as their match at up at SummerSlam was. Michaels seems to be the best person to carry Vader and other big men to good matches. Vader started off by beating down Michaels with right hands. Vader avalanched Michaels a couple times in the corner and took the "Heart Break Kid" out to the floor and rammed Michaels back first into the steel ring post several times! Back inside the ring, Vader picked Michaels apart and ran down Michaels with clotheslines. Vader came close to winning this non title match, But the champion kept kicking out of everything Vader had to offer. Michaels caught Vader with the flying forearm and nipped up. Michaels was able to clothesline Vader out on the floor and hit a huge moonsault from the top turnbuckle to Vader all the way on the outside. They went back into the ring, And Michaels was somehow able to slam Vader. Michaels went up top and dropped the big elbow to Vader's heart! Michaels then called for Sweet Chin Music! Michaels went to the corner and started tuning up the band! Michaels went for Sweet Chin Music, But Vader ducked and kicked Michaels in the gut. Vader went for a powerbomb, But Michaels slipped out of it and drilled Vader with Sweet Chin Music to pick up the win! After the match ended, Hunter Hearst Helmsley tried to attack Michaels. But Michaels caught Helmsley with a right hand! Michaels hammered away on Helmsley in the corner! Helmsley raked Michaels in the eyes and went for the Pedigree, Michaels countered and catapulted Helmsley in the corner! Michaels took Helmsley down with a slam and headed up top. Michaels came flying off the top with a elbow drop to Helmsley!

96, 95, 98 ****3/4

Two one on one on HBK!

Michaels then called for Sweet Chin Music! Michaels went to the corner to tune up the band, But Scott Hall came down from the back and held Michaels' feet! Michaels decked Hall off the apron, But turned around right into a Pedigree from Helmsley! Scott Hall came into the ring with the World Wrestling Federation Championship as Helmsley stood Michaels up. Hall drilled Michaels right upside the head with the title! Scott Hall pulled Michaels up and took him out with the Outsider's Edge! Helmsley and Hall then stared each other down while Ross screamed that Michaels has been left out cold once again. Hall headed to the back which left Helmsley in the ring standing over Michaels. Helmsley took the World Wrestling Federation Championship and put it around his waist! Monday Night Raw went off the air with Hall standing on the RAW entry way smiling, As Helmsley stood over Michaels with the title around his waist!

Overall Rating- 88

TV Rating- 7.83

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.89

Attendance- 7,506

Ticket Sales- $300,240

SWF Tuesday

TV Rating- 3.01

Attendance- 615

Ticket Sales- $18,450

Notes

"Scott Putski and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Undertaker? I think our styles would really work well together."- Scott Steiner

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Scott Putski

"You overused Shawn Michaels at the last show, the fans started to get sick of seeing him."- Pat Patterson

"You overused Scott Hall at the last show, the fans started to get sick of seeing him."- Pat Patterson

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

News

- WCW have signed Chris Chavis to a written contract!

- WCW have signed Sgt. Slaughter to a written contract!

- WCW have signed Luke to a written contract!

- Doug Furnas has suffered a back injury and will be out of action for one month.

- Jake "The Snake" Roberts was released from his contract after trash talking the WWF on the radio. Roberts has been unhappy for awhile, And was on the verge of leaving. Roberts could end up in WCW.

- Steve Lombardi and Tom Prichard have been sent down to USWA.

Wrestling News for October, 1996

Taking a look at the wrestling world

user posted image

World Wrestling Federation

Owner: Linda McMahon

Public Image: 100

Size: Global

Based In: America

Risk Level: 70

Production Values: 100

Merchandising: 100

Advertising: 100

Top 5 Faces

1. Bret Hart (100)

2. Undertaker (99)

3. Ric Flair (98)

4. Shawn Michaels (98)

5. Rick Martel (90)

Top 5 Heels

1. Cactus Jack (100)

2. Kevin Nash (98)

3. Scott Steiner (98)

4. Jeff Jarrett (97)

5. Scott Hall (97)

user posted image

World Championship Wrestling

Owner: Ted Turner

Public Image: 62

Size: Global

Risk Level: 40

Production Values: 100

Top 5 Stars

1. Hulk Hogan (100)

2. Sting (100)

3. Randy Savage (97)

4. The Giant (91)

5. Lex Luger (90)

user posted image

Extreme Championship Wrestling

Owner: Paul Heyman

Public Image: 88

Size: Cult

Risk Level: 90

Production Values: 60

Top 5 Stars

1. The Sandman (75)

2. Goldberg (75)

3. Sabu (71)

4. Terry Gordy (70)

5. D-Von Dudley (68)

user posted image

Supreme Wrestling Federation

Owner: Nicholas Stanley

Public Image: 4

Size: National

Risk Level: 40

Production Values: 65

Top 5 Stars

1. Brother Love (81)

2. The Sandman (75)

3. Goldberg (75)

4. Sabu (71)

5. Terry Gordy (70)

SWF Sunday has been promoted to a late night slot.

SWF Tuesday has been promoted to a late night slot.

user posted image

Amber Benson's Wrestling Federation

Owner: Nik Simpson

Public Image: 42

Size: Backyard

Risk Level: 30

Production Values: 5

Top 5 Stars

1. Elektra (20)

2. Miguel Perez (20)

3. Kid Kash (17)

4. Julio Dinero (13)

5. Steve Armstrong (13)

user posted image

United States Pro Wrestling

Owner: Unkown

Public Image: 40

Size: Cult

Risk Level: 12

Production Values: 40

Top 5 Stars

1. The Sandman (75)

2. Goldberg (75)

3. Chaz Warrington (72)

4. Sabu (71)

5. Terry Gordy (70)

Edited by Baby Hewey

Guest Prototype

Good shows! IYH is being built up really well. I like the 10-man battle royal idea. Im looking for Hall to win it.

Just something I noticed- Weren's Yoko and Fatu partners a few months ago? I thought they might could make a good team, but then they were fighting eachother on Superstars.

Yes, Yoko and Fatu are partners, I didn't notice and put them against each other, I just played it off as a face versus face match though. I'm keeping them as a team since I have nothing for Yokozuna right now anyways.

Edited by Baby Hewey

Good couple of shows and it's nice to see Hall back. He adds a good main event heel and could be the one to end HBK's reign.

Mark Henery doesn't interest me, but maybe Aldo's new gimmick will be good. If it's anyhthing like Party Boy, he will be golden. Can you say wrestling Magician?

No? Ok then.

IYH looks good and it'll be interesting to see how high the rating is for the ten man battle royal since it's usually hard to get high ratings with those.

What has happened to Bulldog? He seems to have vanished lately...

Good work and hopefully things will keep up. Can't wait for Koko B. Ware to debut :shifty:

user posted image

Date: October 4, 1996

In Your House "Darkest Day" is only a few weeks away. And tonight we're going to have a main event which involves two men in the ten men battle royal. Jeff Jarrett faces Bret Hart tonight in the main event. These men have alot of history together, And tonight they're going to go one on one once again. The winner will no doubt have some bragging rights leading to the ten men battle royal. Who will win this huge battle? Can Double J beat Bret Hart? Or will Bret Hart continue his winning ways with a win over Jeff Jarrett?

Last Monday night, We saw Scott Hall and Hunter Hearst Helmsley leave Shawn Michaels laid out. Tonight we'll hear from Scott Hall. What does Hall have to say? Are Hall and Helmsley working together? And if they are, Then what will happen to HBK come October 20th when he puts the title on the line against Hunter Hearst Helmsley?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Rick Martel and Ahmed Johnson face the team of Owen Hart and British Bulldog! All four of these men will be in the ten men battle royal at In Your House! This is the first time Owen and Bulldog have teamed up since Camp Cornette disbanded!

Scott Vick takes on a mystery opponent, No one has any idea who this debuting man is.

Mark Henry makes his in ring debut by taking on Scott Taylor! Will Mark Henry be able to shine in the ring and beat Taylor?

Brian Adams and Brian Lee of The Brotherhood take on Steve Blackman and Albert of The Corporation! This will no doubt be a great tag team battle!

German superstar Alex Wright debuts as he takes on Scorpio!

Bret Hart battles Jeff Jarrett in the main event!

We'll be hearing from Scott Hall and Undertaker as well! And a new superstar will debut! All this and much more this Friday night!

user posted image

Date: October 4, 1996

Attendance: 10,009

Ticket Sales: $400,360

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Bret Hart taking on Jeff Jarrett!

Scott Hall, Will he be the number one contender?

The fans start booing as the music of Scott Hall hits the arena. Scott Hall makes his way down to the ring with a smirk on his face while Hendrix and Perfect hype what happened between Helmsley/Hall/Michaels this past Monday night. Scott Hall gets inside the ring and is handed a microphone. The fans begin a huge "Hall sucks" chant directed at Scott Hall.

Scott Hall- Hey yo............. Now I know last Monday night there was some controversy, It was me and triple H beating down Shawn Michaels like a dog, People are wondering if Helmsley and myself are working together, Me and Helmsley ain't working together. I don't even like the kid. Hunter Hearst Helmsley and myself don't "click" so to speak. I could care less who wins between him and Shawn Michaels. I'm gonna win that ten men battle royal and get my title shot at the Survivor Series. I don't care whether it's Michaels or Helmsley. I want my title shot. And I'm gonna get it after I beat nine men down at In Your House. It's going to be my first Pay Per View match back since April, You really think I'm gonna go down? None of those nine men can beat me. I will get my title shot at the Survivor Series. I been sitting around for too long, Last Monday night we saw me beat some punk kids up, And then we saw me once again leaving HBK down and out. I don't really care who I got to go through on October 20th. All your favorite WWF Superstars will be beat. You can't stand me. I'm taking over and I'm gonna become the World Wrestling Federation Champion. I know all those nine men have got to be living in fear, they got to be running scared of the fact that Scott Hall is gonna be in this thing. They know they can't beat me. They know they can't take down this lone wolf. When it's all said and done with, I'm going to Survivor Series as the undisputed number one contender. Why? Because I do what I want, When I want, And nobody can stop me! Not Bret Hart, Not Rick Martel, And certainly not Shawn Michaels. I'm running right through those nine men, And then Shawn or Hunter, It's just us for the title boys. I................

The crowd goes wild as Shawn Michaels' music hits the arena. Scott Hall does not look happy as the "Heart Break Kid" makes his way down to the ring looking ready for a fight. Michaels gets into the ring and he and Hall go right after the other! Michaels and Hall trade blows! They go after each other with right hands! Hall decks Michaels with quick right hands which rocks down the WWF Champion! Hall goes for a discus right hand, But Michaels ducks and atomic drops Scott Hall! Michaels follows up with another atomic drop! Michaels nails Hall with the flying forearm and nips up. Michaels slams Hall down on the canvas! Michaels heads up top and hits Hall with the flying elbow drop right to the heart. Michaels calls for Sweet Chin Music! Michaels goes over to the corner and starts tuning up the band! Michaels goes for Sweet Chin Music but Scott Hall ducks it! Hall slides out to the floor! Michaels tells Hall to come back inside the ring! Hall looks like he's coming back into the ring, But officials come running down from the back! They hold back Hall which gets huge boos from the fans. Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with Hall and Michaels behind held apart.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Rick Martel and Ahmed Johnson Vs. Owen Hart and British Bulldog

Owen and Bulldog have not teamed up in quite awhile. There's no plans to getting Owen and Bulldog back together, As this was a match to hype the ten men battle royal. Owen and Bulldog had a few problems early on, As Owen caught Bulldog with a spinning heel kick by "accident" and didn't seem too concerned for Davey Boy Smith. Bulldog then "accidentally" ran over Owen with a clothesline which Owen did not like and called Bulldog a idiot! Both men were about to come to blows, But decided to shake hands instead. Martel and Owen went at it for a bit, With the Intercontinental Champion dominating Owen. Martel beat down Owen and tagged in Johnson. Johnson easily beat Owen down, So Owen tagged in Bulldog. Johnson kept beating down Bulldog and overpowering Bulldog. Martel got tagged back in, And Owen was able to catch him with a enziguri kick which turned things to Owen and Bulldog's advantage. The former tag champions double teamed Martel for awhile and kept him away from Johnson.Martel ended up catching Owen with a DDT and made the hot tag to Johnson while Owen tagged in Bulldog. Johnson came into the ring and cleaned house. Johnson took both Owen and Bulldog out with clotheslines. Martel and Owen ended up as the legal men while Bulldog fought Johnson on the outside, Bulldog send Johnson to the steps and came into the ring with the Intercontinental Championship. Bulldog went to hit Martel with the title, But Martel ducked and Bulldog took Owen out! Martel then clotheslined Bulldog to the outside and pinned Owen for the win. Martel and Johnson then headed to the back while Bulldog stood inside the ring over Owen, Bulldog didn't seem too concerned for Owen! Hendrix wondered if Bulldog and Owen were willing to betray each other for the number one contender spot.

92, 95, 86 ***3/4

Interview with Undertaker

We cut to the back where we see Undertaker standing by.

Undertaker- Cactus Jack, The days are nearing. The days until In Your House "Darkest Day" are coming closer and closer. You think you'll be able to beat me in the ambulance match? You tried to put me away on Monday Night Raw, But you should know by now that my creatures of the night won't let you take me down. I'll keep coming back until I get your rotting soul. You will finally go down to me and all my creatures of the night on October 20th. In Your House "Darkest Day" you will know what true pain is like. Anything goes, After I'm done beating you down like a dog, You're going into the ambulance. You'll go for a ride you will never forget. It won't be a hospital you'll go to after the match is done, You'll be going straight to the county morgue. You will rest in peace on October 20th Cactus Jack. The time is coming, Just a few more weeks Cactus Jack. Just a few more weeks.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Candyman Vs. Scott Vick

That's right. The Candyman! The Candyman is Peter Polaco aka Aldo Montoya. His song has the words "The Candyman can." And a bunch of other stupid lyrics. His outfit looks like those candy canes a person would get on Christmas. He's bald now too which makes it all the more fun! He brings down a bag full of candy and tosses candy to the audience! He even gave Hendrix and Perfect some candy at ringside! I guess Polaco won't be getting anywhere due to his Clique influence. The crowd were pretty dead for this one, But it was a great match. Vick is sadly not over to the point where some people didn't even know who he was. The Candyman did offer Vick a lollipop in the beginning of the match, But Vick tossed it to the floor. The Candyman looked pretty good out there, Wrestling better than he did as the Portuguese Man O'War. The Candyman won this match with a sitout powerbomb which was named the "Candyman Song" by the announcers. The Candyman then gave the referee some candy and tossed some more candy into the audience before heading to the back.

71, 43, 100 ***3/4

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Interview with Scott Steiner

We go to the interview area where Todd Pettengill is standing by with Scott Steiner.

Todd Pettengill- Scott Steiner, You have asked for this interview time. You're not in action tonight, So what do you wish to talk about? What's on your mind?

Scott Steiner- What's on my mind? I'll tell you what's on my mind Pettengill. Scott Hall came down to the ring earlier tonight and started talking about how he's gonna win the ten men battle royal. Hall said he's going to go to Survivor Series and become the champion. Well, Somebody better tell Scott Hall that he's crazy if he thinks he's going to beat me and go to Survivor Series. I'm the one who's going to win the battle royal. Those nine men are all going to feel my wrath at In Your House. Nobody is tossing me out to the floor.

Todd Pettengill- Speaking of the battle royal, Your rival Bret "The Hitman" Hart will be in it. You two have been feuding since you cost him his match with Hunter Hearst Helmsley a few weeks ago, It seems like you don't want to face Bret Hart, Are you worried about being in the ring with him at In Your House during the battle royal?

Scott Steiner- Do I look worried? Bret Hart doesn't scare me. He can chase me around with steel chairs all he wants. It ain't gonna make a difference. I am going to win that battle royal, And I'm going to toss Bret Hart out last just to show him how bad I truly am. I'm going to go out there and toss out everyone in my way including Bret Hart. Bret Hart, When the time comes, It'll be just the two of us in that ring. You'll have to wait until I say so, To get a one on one match with me. The battle royal is as close of a match as you'll get to me. You're not worthy of facing me one on one. Not yet. I get to decide when Bret Hart fights me.

Todd Pettengill- Bret Hart will be in action later tonight, Will you get involved?

Scott Steiner- I might get involved, And then again, I might not. It all depends on how I'm feeling. I could care less about Bret Hart, I know he doesn't want to get in the ring with me. He's all talk. Tonight I'll watch his match, And if I feel like going out there and leave him laying, Then I will.

Todd Pettengill- That's what Scott Steiner has to say, Friday Night Mayhem will return from the commercial break soon with alot more action!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Mark Henry Vs. Scott Taylor

Mark Henry's costume is all red, white, and blue. He did get a big pop on the way down to the ring. Perfect and Hendrix kept hyping his Olympic accomplishments like they're the most amazing thing in history. Henry looked good out there, But he did have Scott Taylor to go up against. And Taylor can make even the worst of the worst look good. But to give him credit, Henry ain't that bad. Taylor got face to face with Henry, And slapped the big man! Henry responded by easily gorilla slamming Taylor! Taylor didn't have much offense, As he couldn't take down the 368 pound Mark Henry. "The World's Strongest man" easily tossed Taylor around the ring for most of the match. Henry finished Taylor off with a press slam into a powerslam which was named the World's Strongest Slam for the 1,2,3. Mark Henry then posed to a few "Henry" chants as Scott Taylor was left down on the canvas.

81, 78, 85 ***3/4

Mark Henry gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Adams and Brian Lee Vs. Steve Blackman and Albert with Ted DiBiase

This one wasn't too good of a match. But then again, There's three hosses in there and Blackman. The crowd was into it though. They seem to dig The Brotherhood since they're bad ass hosses. Lee and Adams will be meeting Austin and Snow for the WWF Tag Team Championship at In Your House, While Albert faces John Bradshaw in a battle of Jim Ross' two favorite hosses. Blackman and Albert isolated Adams after some illegal double teaming. DiBiase got involved as well and laid a few shots in on Adams while Lee got this crowd behind his tag team partner. Adams caught Albert with a hoss like clothesline and made the tag to Lee. Lee came into the ring and started cleaning house. Lee took down both Albert and Blackman with clotheslines. Lee even hit a sidewalk slam the hoss Albert. Adams fought Albert out on the floor which left Lee in there with Blackman. Lee was able to connect with a spinning sidewalk slam which the announcers called the "Life Sentence" to Blackman to score the win. As Adams and Lee celebrated, Snow and Austin came running down from the back with their WWF Tag Team Champion belts! Snow and Austin took Adams and Lee down using their tag titles! Before any more damage could be done, John Bradshaw ran down from the back with a steel chair and chased away the members of The Corporation. The Brotherhood then stood tall as Hendrix wondered if The Brotherhood needed two more members with the way they've been chasing The Corporation away. Perfect said The Corporation would always have the numbers advantage and that would catch up with The Brotherhood sooner or later.

77, 74, 81 **3\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

German dominance!

We return from the commercial break with some new music hitting the arena. Alex Wright comes down to the ring wearing all black with a tough looking woman by his side. The woman is carrying a German flag. They get inside the ring and Wright starts waving the flag around which gets huge heat from the fans.

Alex Wright- I have come out here for one reason and only reason only, I have come to the WWF, Because I felt that it is time for me to prove myself. I have come to a place that will give me true competition. A place that will recognize my true talents. All you people are booing me for no reason, I have come from Germany to show America what my people are all about. When you think of the German's, You think of evil, Your stereotype is typical American attitude, You people boo me because you know that the German people are better than you. I'm going to make my mark on the WWF. And I'm going to start by beating whoever stands in my way. This lady by my side right here, Is my bodyguard. She is a American, But she lived in Germany for most of her life. She also hates America the way I do. She represents Germany when she's out there with me. Her name is Joanie Laurer and she's going to be by my side! We are better than all you Americans. Look at what America has become. It's not the home of the free and the home of the brave, This country is pathetic. I spit at this country! She's with me so that none of you fat, Lazy Americans can touch me. The German flag represents what's good in the world, You Americans are all filthy. This country is a wasteland. I will beat Scorpio tonight in my first ever match with the World Wrestling Federation, And then after I'm done with him, She and I will stand over him and raise the German flag in the air. And spit at his filthy American face! Alex Wright ist in Steuerung, Wird Deutschland der WWF regieren!

Wright hands his bodyguard woman the German flag and she goes to the outside with it. The crowd starts booing Wright as he waits for his opponent while the woman waves the flag.

Alex Wright debuted his new gimmick (Harsh German), it got a positive response.

Alex Wright with Joanie Laurer Vs. Scorpio

Wright looks the same from his WCW run, Except he's got black hair and his tights are all black. Laurer stood outside waving the German flag while this great match took place. There were alot of "USA" chants through out this match. Wright seems to be a good heel. These two put on quite the match up, Wright seems like he'll gave a bright future in the World Wrestling Federation. Wright had Scorpio down through out most of the match, But he could not put Scorpio away. Scorpio caught Wright with a tornado DDT and made the comeback. Scorpio connected with a moonsault and the Scorpio Splash, But Wright was able to kick out. Scorpio was going for a clothesline, But Laurer tripped him! This allowed Wright to take Scorpio out with a German suplex and score the win. Laurer came into the ring with the German flag while Wright said some words in German as he stood over Scorpio.

86, 73, 100 ****1\2

Interview with Bret Hart

We go to the interview area where we see Michael Cole standing by with Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

Michael Cole- Bret Hart, Tonight you take on an old rival, Jeff Jarrett. But earlier tonight we heard comments made by Scott Steiner. Steiner says you won't get him in a one on one match up, But he says he's going to eliminate you in the ten men battle royal. What do you have to say about that?

Bret Hart- I think that Scott Steiner is afraid of me. He knows he crossed the line when he screwed me out of the chance to become the number one contender, He knows he doesn't want to get into the ring with. But he will have to get into the ring with me sooner or later. And he's afraid to. I will be in that ten men battle royal, And I do hope that me and Scott Steiner are the last two men in there. Because there's nothing more that I want to do, Then to eliminate him last and walk into Survivor Series as the number one contender for the World Wrestling Federation Championship.

Michael Cole- There will be nine men in there, You have faced all of those nine men at one time or another. Is there anyone you're concerned about?

Bret Hart- I'm not concerned about any of those nine men, I have been in the ring with them before. I've beaten those men before. Except for one, And that is Scott Steiner. I don't care which men are in my way, I want to win that battle royal and I will. I'll go through nine men to do so. I don't care if it's Owen, Bulldog, Vader or whoever. I will win that battle royal and go to the Survivor Series to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion.

Michael Cole- Tonight you'll face another man who's in that battle royal, Jeff Jarrett. You two have had your share of history. It ended when you beat him at SummerSlam, But you're going to once again be in that ring with him tonight. Your thoughts on this huge match up with Jarrett?

Bret Hart- Jeff Jarrett is another man that I have beaten. He's a man who liked to talk alot about how good he was, But when it was time to face me, He lost. I beat him at SummerSlam and I'll beat him tonight. It's just that simple. Jeff Jarrett, You know why I am the excellence of execution. I'm going to beat you and send a message out to the other men in that battle royal. I am the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be. And I will beat you tonight.

Michael Cole- Fans, Up next we'll see Bret Hart battle Jeff Jarrett in the main event!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Scott Hall puts Thrillseeker Storm away with the Outsider's Edge! (Monday Night Raw 9/30/96)

Bret Hart Vs. Jeff Jarrett with Rick Rude

These two men are entered in the ten men over the top rope battle royal at In Your House "Darkest Day" with the winner meeting the World Wrestling Federation Champion at Survivor Series. This one was another classic match between Jarrett and Bret Hart. Both these men stole the show tonight and put on a better match than their SummerSlam match in August. Rick Rude got involved several times, Rude attacked Hart on the outside and send Hart into the steel steps! Rude also send Hart into the steel ring post shoulder first several times. Jarrett worked over Hart's legs through out the match, Trying to soften it up for the Figure Four. Jarrett came close to putting Bret Hart away, But Bret kept coming back for more. Bret Hart made his comeback after he superplexed Jarrett from the top turnbuckle. Bret Hart used his trademark moves on Jarrett and also worked over Jarrett's legs. Hart went for the Sharpshooter, But Rude got up on the apron. Bret slugged Rude which knocked down Rude! Jarrett took Hart down with a chop block from behind! Jarrett then locked Bret into the figure four! Hart was able to reverse the hold and turn it over, Bret then somehow locked Jarrett into the Sharpshooter! Jarrett tried to make it to the ropes, But Bret dragged him to the center of the ring! Jarrett tried again, But he had nowhere to run and he tapped out! Bret Hart celebrated as Rude helped Jarrett to the back. Scott Steiner was shown on top of the entrance way. Steiner stared down Hart while Perfect and Hendrix hyped the fact that one of those men could go to the Survivor Series and face the WWF Champion! Friday Night Mayhem goes off the air with Hart and Steiner staring each other down.

99, 98, 100 *****

Overall Rating- 87

TV Rating- 7.59

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.98

Attendance- 7,501

Ticket Sales- $300,040

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.33

Attendance- 463

Ticket Sales- $9,260

SWF Friday

TV Rating- 1.07

Attendance- 604

Ticket Sales- $18,120

Notes

"Mark Henry and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Chavo Guerrero? I think our styles would really work well together."- Scott Taylor

"Bret Hart and Jeff Jarrett work pretty well together due to their similar styles."- Pat Patterson

"Sean Waltman would be a great opponent for me, how about putting us together in some matches?"- Marc Mero

News

- Peter Walsh has taken over control of USPW!

- Hillbilly Jim has agreed to an open contract with USPW!

user posted image

Date: October 6, 1996

Attendance: 10,015

Ticket Sales: $400,600

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Jesse James facing Goldust.

Marc Mero with Sable Vs. Bull Buchanan

Bull Buchanan is a pretty impressive hoss. Buchanan wore all black and looked like a squat cop. He's pretty slim but tall, No doubt a hoss in progress. Mero and Buchanan had a pretty good back fourth match. Buchanan was able to walk on the ropes like Undertaker, But Buchanan instead of hitting a shot to the arm, Leaped off the ropes with a clothesline to Mero after walking the ropes. Buchanan took Mero out with a scissors kick and went up top. Buchanan went for a leg drop, But Mero moved out of the way and Buchanan hit the canvas! Mero took Bull out with a samoan drop and came off the top with the Wild Thing for the win. The announcers did put Buchanan over as a challenge and a force to be recogned with.

71, 62, 81 **1\2

Bull Buchanan debuted his new gimmick (Bad Ass), it got a positive response.

Interview with Scott Hall

We're shown some pre recorded footage from Scott Hall after Friday Night Mayhem went off the air. Hall says that he's going to get through nine men and then go to the Survivor Series and become the WWF Champion. Hall says that he's hoping Shawn Michaels retains the title on October 20th, Because then he gets to end the Kliq and he gets to be the one who beats Michaels for the title.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Disco Inferno Vs. Jim Neidhart

Disco looked pretty good out there, But sadly he didn't have anyone good to work with so he had to stick in there with Neidhart. Neidhart looks to be in the same shape he was in before getting suspended for talking shit on the radio about the politics in the WWF and what not. Disco had a few pops with his dancing foolish. Disco was able to bump around and make Neidhart look decent. The announcers weren't into this one, And didn't even mention Disco making his debut. Disco won this one with a version of the death valley driver (FU) called the Last Dance. Disco then danced to a mixed reaction from the crowd.

74, 77, 70 *3/4

Disco Inferno debuted his new gimmick (Cocky), it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Mike Lockwood and Brian Christopher Vs. Hardy Boyz

Mike Lockwood is the newest Light Heavyweight to come out of USWA. Lockwood is no doubt a heel. The announcers again didn't bother to talk about his past, But they did talk about In Your House "Darkest Day" which is just weeks away. These four men put on a outstanding tag team match. The action with nonstop and fast paced with all four men going at it. Lockwood looked great out there and got some heat when he started doing some taunts and poses. Christopher and Lockwood picked up the win after Christopher rolled Matt Hardy up using a hand full of tights.

89, 78, 100 ****3/4

Mike Lockwood debuted his new gimmick (Cheater), it got a positive response.

Interview with Hunter Hearst Helmsley

We're shown pre recorded comments from Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Helmsley says that he doesn't care about Scott Hall's and Shawn Michaels' problems. He says he could care less about either men. Helmsley says he's winning the title on October the 20th at In Your House "Darkest Day". Helmsley also says he doesn't care who wins the battle royal, It's his time and he's going to be the WWF Champion.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

PG-13 Vs. Yokozuna and Fatu

PG-13 did a pretty decent "G-Rated" rap on the way down to the ring, Ripping on Yokozuna and Fatu being fat. PG-13 are pretty decent wrestlers. Who are also Light Heavyweight competitors. Yokozuna seems to be getting depushed for one reason or another. I guess they realized that he's lost ton of overness since 1994 and that no one really cares all that much about him in 1996. He could make a decent team with Fatu through. PG-13 scored the huge upset when Wolfie D hit Fatu with a low blow behind the referee's back and rolled Fatu up for the three. Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly hyped this as a huge upset.

77, 72, 83 ***

Fatu lost overness from this match.

Yokozuna lost overness from this match.

Wolfie D gained overness from this match.

JC Ice gained overness from this match.

Interview with Shawn Michaels

We're shown pre recorded comments from Shawn Michaels, Michaels says that he's not taking his attention off of Helmsley. Michaels says he's ready for Helmsley and that after he's done with Helmsley, He'll go right back to Scott Hall. Michaels says that Hall's a big man when he attacks people from behind, But Hall learned something on Friday night. Michaels says that nobody is taking the title from around his waist.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Alex Wright defeats Scorpio with a German Suplex! (Friday Night Mayhem 10/4/96)

Jesse James Vs. Goldust with Marlena

Goldust seems to be getting depushed as well, Not because he's not talented or anything, It's just because there's already too many heels in the uppermidcard/main event area. And there could possibly be some Clique influence on Goldust's depushing as well :shifty: James hasn't been on the two big shows this week, But I doubt it's anything to blow smoke over, These two worked another great match up between them. It was shorter than their match a few weeks ago, But it was still quite good. The former roadie has come a long way since his trip down to USWA. James wins this with a roll up out of nowhere. Superstars went off the air with James celebrating his win.

92, 87, 98 ****3/4

Goldust lost overness from this match.

Overall Rating- 83

TV Rating- 2.84

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.94

Attendance- 7,524

Ticket Sales- $300,960

SWF Sunday

TV Rating- 2.82

Attendance- 465

Ticket Sales- $9,300

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Yokozuna

"I was thinking, how about giving me some matches with Billy Gunn? I think we'd be able to do some good work together given the chance."- Bret Hart

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We have superior star power on our roster, which is hurting their image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them."- Sophie

News

- SWF have fallen to Cult level.

- SWF have released Axl Rotten!

- SWF have released Dr. X!

- SWF have fired staff member Jeremy Borash!

- SWF have fired staff member B.J. Black!

- SWF have fired staff member Neville Austin!

- SWF have fired staff member Eddie Coburn!

- SWF have fired staff member Dave Teen!

- SWF's SWF Friday has been renewed for a further 30 weeks!

Edited by Baby Hewey

Your match ratings are retardedly high. I mean it's insane. Nice debuts on Friday, especially Alex Wright. Candyman seems ok, but he is no Party Boy :shifty:. The roster seems to be getting bigger and bigger, so I think it's only a matter of time before some cuts take place. Good work as usual, keep it up!

Your match ratings are retardedly high. I mean it's insane. Nice debuts on Friday, especially Alex Wright. Candyman seems ok, but he is no Party Boy . The roster seems to be getting bigger and bigger, so I think it's only a matter of time before some cuts take place. Good work as usual, keep it up!

Edited by Baby Hewey