World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

user posted image

Date: August 19, 1996

We are just six days away from SummerSlam. This year's SummerSlam looks to be the biggest SummerSlam in the history of the WWF. And tonight we're going to start the final road to SummerSlam by having a huge main event. The biggest main event in Monday Night Raw history will take place tonight! Cactus Jack takes on Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Jack has been on a rampage ever since he took out Paul Bearer. Tonight Jack goes up against a former three time WWF Champion and a man who the fans love. Who's going to win this one? Can Bret Hart somehow be able to battle the psychotic Cactus Jack?

Last Monday night, We once again saw Vader leave Shawn Michaels laid out. Tonight we'll hear from Vader and his manager James E. Cornette. What does Vader have to say with SummerSlam being six days away?

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Ron Simmons and Goldust Vs. Ahmed Johnson and D'Lo Brown

Marc Mero Vs. Sean Waltman in a special non title match

Ultimate Warrior Vs. Mabel

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty and Owen Hart Vs. Rick Martel and Yokozuna

Bret Hart Vs. Cactus Jack

We'll be hearing from Vader, Jeff Jarrett, Cactus Jack, Sycho Sid! Plus we'll also have much more unfold with SummerSlam being only six days away!

user posted image

Date: August 19, 1996

Attendance: 10,008

Ticket Sales: $400,320

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Bret Hart facing Cactus Jack.

Ron Simmons and Goldust with Marlena Vs. Ahmed Johnson and D'Lo Brown

This one was a pretty decent tag team match up. It wasn't anything special in work rate but the fans were into it big time to open up Monday Night Raw. Monday Nitro on the other hand, Opened up with One Man Gang facing King Kong Bundy. Simmons hasn't been used in a long time for one reason or another. It seems like there's really nothing for him right now. Goldust and Simmons isolated Brown after Simmons caught Brown with a huge spinebuster driving Brown down to the canvas. Goldust and Simmons worked pretty well and were able to double team Brown for a extended amount of time. Brown ended up making the tag after catching Simmons with a spinning heel kick to the face. Brown tagged in Johnson who came into the ring and started running right over everyone! Johnson cleaned house and took out both Simmons and Goldust with a pair of hard stiff clotheslines. Brown and Goldust ended out on the floor leaving Simmons and Johnson in the ring. Johnson caught Simmons with a huge spinebuster and called for the Pearl River Plunge! Marlena got up on the apron and distracted the referee as Scott Steiner came running down from the back with a steel chair! Steiner nailed Johnson right over the head with the chair and headed to the back! Simmons covered Johnson and scored the win!

81, 84, 77 **1\2

Interview with Sean Waltman and Ted DiBiase

We go to the interview position backstage where Dok Hendrix is standing by with the Million Dollar Champion, Sean Waltman and his manager Ted DiBiase.

Dok Hendrix- Tonight we'll see this man right here, The Million Dollar Champion, Sean Waltman face "The Wildman" Marc Mero in singles action. And this is a non title match. Sean Waltman you have never been in the ring with Marc Mero before, Are you worried about coming up short and losing tonight?

Ted DiBiase- Coming up short? Sean Waltman doesn't come up short. Sean Waltman is one of the best young stars in the World Wrestling Federation. He's the Million Dollar Champion as well. Marc Mero tonight you have no idea who you're going up against. Sean Waltman is going to run right over you tonight. Marc Mero you're going up against the Million Dollar Champion. And Sean Waltman will be victorious tonight.

Dok Hendrix- This is a non title match, But why is it a non title match?

Ted DiBiase- Why? We get to decide when the title is put on the line. Marc Mero hasn't done anything to earn a title shot at Sean Waltman. Marc Mero hasn't beaten anyone important to earn a shot at the Million Dollar Championship. Marc Mero do you think you're going to be able to beat Sean Waltman tonight? Tonight we're all going to see Sean Waltman beat you. When you beat Sean Waltman, Then you get your shot! laughs But there's no way that's happening.

Sean Waltman- Marc Mero do you think you're going to be able to beat me? I'm only twenty four years old and I've already done so much. You haven't done anything in the WWF. Hell I'm the greatest high flier to ever step foot in a World Wrestling Federation ring. Marc Mero I'm going to run right over you tonight. All these people who hate me can go to hell for all I care. I'm the man with the forty pounds of diamonds around my waist. Hey Mero, I'll tell you what. If you're able to pin me tonight, Then at SummerSlam you'll get your shot at the gold. But I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was you.

Ted DiBiase- But you won't be winning! laughs You won't ever get a shot at the Million Dollar Championship! And Sable, If you ever want work outside of the WWF, Give the "Million Dollar Man" a call.

Dok Hendrix- Fans up next we'll see Sean Waltman face "The Wildman" Marc Mero in a non title match up!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Marc Mero with Sable Vs. Sean Waltman with Ted DiBiase

Waltman said that if Mero can beat him tonight then he gets a shot at the Million Dollar Championship this Sunday night at SummerSlam. These two had an outstanding match up here that the crowd was well into. Waltman and Mero exchanged high flying moves early on with both men tossing the other one out to the floor and hitting dives off the ropes to the other one. They exchanged near falls and reversals inside the ring as well getting the crowd into this special non title match up. Mero ended up getting nailed a spinning back heel kick from Waltman which allowed the twenty four year old star to take control of this one. The Million Dollar Champion beat the hell out of Mero using everything he had. Waltman used kicks, High flying moves and even some dirty tactics to try to put "The Wildman" away, But Mero kept coming back for more. Waltman ended up getting nailed by a big DDT from Mero which allowed Mero to make the comeback. Mero scored several near falls on Waltman, But the champion kept kicking out. Mero ended up going up but Waltman crotched Mero on the top turnbuckle. Waltman tried a superplex, But Mero countered and shoved Waltman down to the canvas! Mero came off the top with the Wild Thing to Waltman to score the win! Mero and Sable then headed to the back with Mero saying he's going to SummerSlam!

91, 83, 100 ****3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sid gets challenged, And beat down

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with the music of Sycho Sid playing. The fans give Sid a huge ovation as the big man comes down to the ring. Sid grabs a microphone and prepares to speak as the "Sid" chants fill the arena.

Sycho Sid- I've come out here to talk about this Sunday night. Sunday night is SummerSlam. It seems like I don't have a match for SummerSlam. I know that freak Bob Backlund is planning on bringing someone to take me out. But I don't feel like waisting my time on some idiot Bob Backlund is bringing in. I want a match at SummerSlam. The fans of the World Wrestling Federation want Sycho Sid to wrestle at SummerSlam! They want to see me destroy some poor fool with the Powerbomb! I want some action this Sunday night. And I know everyone wants to see Sycho Sid at SummerSlam. So whoever wants a match with me accept my challenge. I'll leave my name on a piece of paper in the locker room and whoever signs it gets me in the ring. I want to be apart of the 1996 SummerSlam and I want to beat someone down! I'm tired of beating Bob Backlund down each and every night! I........................

The crowd starts booing as the music of Hunter Hearst Helmsley hits the arena. The 1996 King Of The Ring makes his way down to the ring not looking too pleased as Sid looks on. Helmsley steps inside the ring and is handed a microphone.

Sycho Sid- You? What the hell do you want?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- I came out here because I couldn't help but to overhear your proposition. You want a match at SummerSlam? Well I think you found your man Sid.

Sycho Sid- Let me get this straight, You want to be the latest victim of Sycho Sid? You want to step into the ring with the master and the ruler of the world?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Incase you've forgotten, I am the King Of The Ring. And it's absurd that I haven't been put on the SummerSlam card. I'm the best wrestler in the entire company. And the richest. You're nothing more than trash and you want to be apart of the biggest SummerSlam in history?

Sycho Sid- Trash? You better watch your mouth you arrogant little bastard! You want a match with me at SummerSlam? You got one! I'm going to kick your ass all over Cleveland this Sunday night. And after I'm done with you, You'll be the first King Of The Ring to be sent to a hospital during his reign as the king! I'm going to take out all my frustrations and anger on you this Sunday night at SummerSlam!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- You think you'll be able to beat me Sid? You're nothing to me. You and these people all have something in common, You're all poor. And you're all losers. Being poor is already bad enough, But on top of it, Being a loser? Sid you think you'll be able to beat me this Sunday night? There's no way a Helmsley is losing to some poor white trash like you Sycho Sid. Sid you and your fans are all nothing more than trash!

Sycho Sid- If I was you, I'd watch my mouth. You don't want to be sent out of this building in a stretcher do you?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- If I was you, I'd keep my mouth shut or "The King" is going to treat you like the poor trash you are! Now then Sid, I suggest you leave this ring before I...............

The crowd cheer as Sid slugs Helmsley right in the face knocking down Helmsley! Sid pulls Helmsley up by his hair and pounds Helmsley with right hands! Sid sends Helmsley to the ropes and catches the King Of The Ring with a big boot to the face! Sid pulls Helmsley up and Choke Slams Helmsley! Sid calls for the Powerbomb as the crowd goes rabid! Sid positions Helmsley for the Powerbomb, But Bob Backlund comes down from the back and nails Sid right over the head with the chair! Helmsley follows up and puts Sid down with the Pedigree! Helmsley grabs the chair as Backlund pulls Sid back up, Helmsley drills Sid with a shot right to the head taking Sid out! Helmsley grabs the microphone as Sid is left out cold.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Sid I hope you know what you're in for this Sunday night. I'm the King Of The Ring and you don't need to worry about Bob Backlund this Sunday night, Because the King is going to put you down once again with the Pedigree. You'll be left laid out at SummerSlam once again!

Helmsley's music hits the arena to boos as Helmsley leaves the ring, Backlund is left standing over Sid to boos from the crowd. Backlund grabs the microphone while the fans chant "Sid".

Bob Backlund- Sid you need to remember something, This Sunday he is coming! And he is not happy with the way you treated me! Sunday night after your match, He'll send you straight to hell!

Backlund leaves the ring while McMahon and Ross wonder what in the world Backlund is talking about. And they also wonder who "he" is.

Bob Backlund gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ultimate Warrior Vs. Mabel

Good God this one stunk. The crowd wasn't very into it either. Not many "Warrior" chants were heard for this one. Poor Warrior......... This could be Warrior's last match ever on a Monday Night Raw if he's not able to defeat British Bulldog this Sunday night at SummerSlam. Mabel and Warrior started off slugging one another as British Bulldog made his way over to the announce position to watch this one. McMahon and Ross asked Bulldog if he was worried about losing, But Davey Boy Smith said there was no way his career was ending at SummerSlam. Bulldog mostly ran down Warrior through out the match telling the fans to watch Warrior's last ever match on Monday Night Raw. Warrior finished Mabel off with three shoulder tackles and the Warrior Splash. After the match was over, Warrior dared Bulldog to come into the ring for a fight but Bulldog left the announce position and chose to head to the back.

70, 73, 66 *1/4

Double J will win this Sunday night

We're taken to the interview position in the backstage area where we see Michael Cole standing by with Jeff Jarrett and his manager "Ravishing" Rick Rude.

Michael Cole- Jeff Jarrett this Sunday night you'll meet Bret "The Hitman" Hart at SummerSlam. Last Friday night, Bret Hart had his way with you and had you tapping out to the Sharpshooter. Later in the night, You did attack him. But everyone seems to think that you're going to lose to Bret Hart this Sunday night. Most people think you've crossed the line. Jeff Jarrett how will you be able to beat Bret Hart this Sunday night after you've crossed the line so many times?

Rick Rude- What are you? A moron? Are you some kind of an idiot? How does he plan on beating Bret Hart? It's really quite simple Michael Cole. Jeff Jarrett has already proved to Bret Hart that he can beat him. Jeff Jarrett did beat Bret Hart a few weeks ago. Bret Hart on the other hand has proven what kind of idiot he is. He's attacked Jeff so many times that I've lost count. Bret Hart knows he can't beat Jeff so he tried to break Jeff's legs like a thug. Bret Hart is nothing to anyone anymore and he knows it. His time has passed and Jeff Jarrett is the future.

Jeff Jarrett- Bret Hart, Once again I left you laid out. This past Friday night I had you tapping out to the figure four as Friday Night Mayhem went off the air. It's just too bad that no one got to see it happen. But at SummerSlam everyone will see me beat you once again. I already injured your legs a few weeks ago, And now it's time for me to put you out for good. I am the future of the World Wrestling Federation. I am the world's greatest singer, The world's greatest entertainer, And without a shadow of a doubt......... The world's greatest wrestler. And come SummerSlam you and all your fans are going to find out why. Bret Hart, You've had one hell of a career in the WWF. But now it's time for Double J to be in the spotlight. And you will know that after I defeat you at SummerSlam.

Michael Cole- Well tonight Bret Hart will be in action, He faces Cactus Jack in the main event. And will we see you interfere?

Rick Rude- What kind of a question is that? Jeff Jarrett won't need to interfere after Cactus Jack gets done with "The Hitman".

Jeff Jarrett- Tonight all I have to do is sit back and relax. And watch what Cactus Jack does to Bret Hart. You think Bret Hart is going to be able to survive against that psychotic Cactus Jack? Jack put Paul Bearer out of action for good! Bret Hart is in deep trouble tonight. If Cactus Jack is willing to hurt himself, Can you imagine what he'll do to a hero the fans love like Bret Hart? Cactus Jack will get the job done without me being out there.

Rick Rude- Bret I hope you enjoy your night. Because we're going back to the hotel, Get some girls and watch you get destroyed by Cactus Jack.

Michael Cole- Thank you for the interview, Fans Monday Night Raw returns after this commercial break!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty and Owen Hart Vs. Rick Martel and Yokozuna

Yokozuna dragged this match down alot. If Martel had someone better with him, We would have no doubt had a show stealing affair. Owen Hart did not seem to like Marty's dancing around. Marty told Owen after they win tonight, Then Owen would go out and party with "Party Boy". Owen and Martel went right after each other here showing a nice little preview of what we can expect from these two at SummerSlam this Sunday night. Owen and Jannetty isolated Martel after Owen caught Martel with the enziguri kick. Jannetty and Hart pounded away on Martel for a long time, With Owen coming close to putting his SummerSlam opponent away. Hart went for the Sharpshooter several times, But Martel kept fighting out of it and eventually nailed Owen with a big time spinebuster which allowed Martel to make the hot tag to Yokozuna. Yokozuna came into the ring and started cleaning house! Both Jannetty and Hart got run over by clotheslines from Yokozuna. Martel and Owen ended up being the legal men while Jannetty was chased to the back by Yokozuna, Owen grabbed his Intercontinental title and nailed Martel with it right between the eyes while the referee wasn't looking! Owen covered Martel and scored the win! Afterwards, Owen stood over Rick Martel holding the Intercontinental Championship high in the air.

82, 84, 79 **3\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

A happy reunion?

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with the music of the Smoking Gunns playing to cheers from the fans. Bart and Billy Gunn make their way down to the ring while Ross and McMahon remind us of what happened between Bart and Billy last Friday night.

Billy Gunn- You people are probably wondering why we're out here. See as of late I been a real jerk. Ever since me and Bart lost the tag titles, I've been acting like a real horse's ass. I guess you can say the pressure got to me. I been cheating, I been attacking opponents from behind, And I've even beaten up referees. Hell I even got into arguments with the one person who was always backing me up, And that person has always been my brother Bart. Ever since we were kids he's always had my back. And I'm ashamed of the way I've acted. I almost ended this team because of my selfish ways. I'm out here to apologize to my brother and to all you fans. You deserved better. I just hope I can make it up.

Bart Gunn- Don't worry about it brother, We all make mistakes. And I know all these fans can forgive you Billy.

Billy Gunn- I hope everyone is able to forgive me. You all deserved better. But now me and Bart are going to get back to the way things were. We're going to continue being the best tag team that this company has ever seen. And we're going to be playing fair. Cheaters never win and winners never cheat. And..............

The music of The Corporation plays and the crowd starts booing as Steve Austin and Al Snow stand on the RAW entrance way with their WWF Tag Team Championship belts over their shoulders.

Steve Austin- Hey Al look, It's the chip and dale's brothers. I don't know whether I should be filming this for a laugh later on, Or whether I come down to that ring and give both you girls a great big hug. Seeing Billy Gunn change his ways has got to be a classic moment.

Al Snow- I never thought I'd see two grown men out there acting like two middle school girls. Here we have one of the so called best tag team in the history of wrestling acting like some made for TV movie. I don't know how you two became the champions three times. It's beyond me.

Bart Gunn- What do you two want? We're out here trying to address the fans and you two have to spoil it!

Billy Gunn- We got no problems with you two, We've been in that ring many times in the past and if you two want to see how tough we are, Come on down!

Steve Austin- We're not out here to fight you two. We've already fought. Hell me and Al beat you two for these titles. We're out here because we're wondering, Why do you two get all this TV time when we're the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions? We're the champions! Not you! We're the best team in the WWF!

Al Snow- You two come out here week after week and act like you're in some teenage drama. We've been champions for over a month and we've gotten no competition. You two can come out here and whine and cry all you want, But that doesn't change the fact that we're the champions and we deserve more TV time than the both of you.

Billy Gunn- Hey if you two want a challenge, How about you two put the titles on the line against me and Bart?

Steve Austin- You two want a title shot? You two want a shot at the titles? Against me and Al Snow?

Billy Gunn- Damn right we do you punk!

Al Snow- Hey if you two want a match, Then you'll get one. But not tonight. We're not wrestling tonight. We're not in any kind of condition to be wrestling here tonight. We don't have our gear with us or anything.

Billy Gunn- How about this Sunday night? You two against the Smoking Gunns? The new and improved Smoking Gunns............... For the titles!

Steve Austin- SummerSlam? You two want a shot? You got one! We've had so much fun tossing you two around the ring, That come SummerSlam, We're going to have even more fun beating you guys for like what? The one hundredth time this year alone?

Al Snow- You two want a shot at the titles? Well good luck at SummerSlam. We're tired of being held back despite being the champions. You two are a nothing team. You had your time in the spotlight and it's coming to an end. I hope you two are able to work together this Sunday night. Because something tells me that you two aren't going to last very long.

Steve Austin- Something tells us in The Corporation that this act between you two ain't nothing but smoke and mirrors. I can tell by the way Bart is looking at Billy right now, That Bart doesn't seem to believe little brother has changed all that much. And maybe Bart will have to show Billy what happens when you lie to him.

Al Snow- And I can tell by looking at Billy, That he doesn't seem too happy. I think his whole act is nothing more than a lie. I know Billy enjoyed being bad and being a winner too much. He's not fooling anyone. One of you could turn on the other at the snap of a finger. And I think whoever turns, Could be more than welcome to join The Corporation.

The music of The Corporation plays and the crowd starts booing as Steve Austin and Al Snow pose with the titles. Snow and Austin head to the back while Billy and Bart stare at each other. Do they trust each other?

Interview with Cactus Jack

We go backstage to the interview area where we see Dok Hendrix standing by with Cactus Jack.

Dok Hendrix- Cactus Jack tonight you prepare to step into the ring with Bret "The Hitman" Hart. A man you have never faced before. But at SummerSlam this Sunday night it'll be you and Undertaker in a no disqualification match. You took out Paul Bearer in a vicious assault. Cactus Jack we have not seen Undertaker since your attack on him and Paul Bearer. Last week we heard from him and he said he's coming back stronger than ever. Your thoughts?

Cactus Jack- You think he scares me Dok Hendrix? His life source is gone. Paul Bearer and the urn are both gone. It's as simple as that. Paul Bearer is gone. Without Bearer, Undertaker is nothing. How does the big bad Undertaker plan on beating me without Paul Bearer at his side? Paul Bearer was the reason why Undertaker was so bad. Why he'd get up from everything people threw at him. But he no longer has Paul Bearer or the power of the urn with him. At SummerSlam we're all going to see me defeat Undertaker. He tried to play tricks with me last week, But they didn't work. I know how weak he is now. Undertaker has no chance in hell of defeating me at SummerSlam. Paul Bearer is gone, And this Sunday night, Undertaker will be gone as well.

Dok Hendrix- Many people are thinking that maybe you went too far. Maybe you shouldn't have attacked Undertaker and Paul Bearer. Maybe you shouldn't have taken Paul Bearer out for good? Your thoughts?

Cactus Jack- I did what I had to do. It wouldn't have happened if these fans appreciated me. Maybe I would have never gone after Undertaker if the fans of the World Wrestling Federation appreciated all my hard work and dedication to the sport. Undertaker and all these fans are a bunch of no good bastards! These fans never cared about me. They cheer someone like Undertaker but boo a man who's done so much for the wrestling business. I did what I had to do to get respect, Everyone in the locker room is afraid of Cactus Jack now aren't they? After what I did to Paul Bearer............ They're all respecting me. And after what I do to Undertaker at SummerSlam, I'll be the most respected man in the locker room. I did what I had to do to get respect, To get these fans to take me seriously. And at SummerSlam, I'm going to finish it by defeating Undertaker.

Dok Hendrix- Tonight you take on Bret "The Hitman" Hart who's another man the fans in the World Wrestling Federation love and admire. Tonight can you beat Bret Hart?

Cactus Jack- Bret Hart is another man I hate! Another man who these fans love. Another man who gets cheered while I get booed. What's wrong with these people? Don't they appreciate all my hard work? Don't these people know what I have sacrificed? What's so special about Bret Hart? If I came out to the ring and handed sunglasses a fan would they like me? Would they like me if I wore a leather jacket? Or if I wore black and pink? Tonight I hope Bret Hart is ready for the toughest match of his career. I'm going to be dishing everything I got to "The Hitman". And after it's all done, He'll be having nightmares about Mandible Claws!

Dok Hendrix- Fans can Cactus Jack defeat Bret "The Hitman" Hart in tonight's main event? Find out when Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bret Hart Vs. Cactus Jack

This may be one of the best main events in Monday Night Raw history. Jack and Hart started this one off with a big brawl. Both men traded right hands and fought to the outside. They brawled at ringside with Hart sending Jack into the steel steps knee first! Hart dropped Jack's knee across the steps over and over again and even locked Jack into a figure four around the ring post! They then brawled at the ringside area some more with Jack nailing a swinging neck breaker on the padded floor and coming off the apron with a elbow drop to Hart! Back inside the ring, Both men traded heavy blows that ended up with Jack nailing a big time double arm hook DDT to Bret for a 2 count. Jack pounded Hart in the corner and bit, choked and stomped away on "The Hitman" with a psychotic smile on his face. Jack ended up going for the Mandible Claw, But Bret countered into a back suplex! Hart made the comeback and connected with his trademark moves one right after the other! Hart came off the second turnbuckle with a elbow drop to Jack's heart and called for the Sharpshooter! Bret went to turn Cactus Jack over, But Jack sent Bret right into the referee knocking the referee down! Hart turned around and walked into a low blow from Jack! Jack locked Hart into the Mandible Claw and Hart went down! Suddenly the purple lights came on and the Undertaker's music started playing! Jack let go of the hold and looked around seeing if Undertaker would strike! This distracted Jack long enough for Bret to roll him up! The referee got up and counted the three! Afterwards, Bret left the ring as Jack stood up and threw a fit! Undertaker's music began to play again as Jack looked around, McMahon and Ross question whether or not Jack crossed the line.

94, 95, 94 ****1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Tiger Ali Singh puts Jake Roberts away with a reverse neck breaker! (Superstars 8/18/96)

HBK TIME

Vader's music hits the arena to huge heat from the crowd as we return from the commercial break. James E. Cornette leads Vader down to the ring as McMahon reminds us about SummerSlam this Sunday night where Vader will meet Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship.

James E. Cornette- Are all you people going to believe in James E. Cornette now? Last Monday night we saw Vader leave Shawn Michaels laid out not once but twice. Twice we saw Shawn Michaels laid out while Vader stood over him. Shawn Michaels are you beginning to see the picture? Everything you do to Vader won't hurt him. Last week you tried attacking him head on but what happened? He once again left you out cold. You think you'll be able to get up from a powerbomb? You think you'll be able to get up from the Vader bomb? Vader has beaten everyone who's been thrown in his way. Why don't you get it? Why don't you get the fact that Vader is going to run right over you at SummerSlam? You have no chance of retaining the title this Sunday night. You've had one hell of a title run. But during your title run, Vader has defeated you twice in a row. You have yet to pin Vader. Why don't you just face the facts and accept the fact that at SummerSlam, Your title reign is coming to an end. This time when Vader beats you, He'll be leaving as the new World Wrestling Federation Champion! The title is leaving the Kliq this Sunday night. And it's heading over to Camp Cornette!

Vader- Shawn Michaels, We're only six days away. Six days away from when the title comes around my waist. Everything you tried to do hasn't worked. You haven't even been able to nail me with Sweet Chin Music. But do you think that'll stop me? Do you think you'll be able to beat me this Sunday night? The WWF Championship will be coming with me this Sunday night. I'll hit you with the powerbomb and then I'll hit you with the Vader Bomb. And I know you won't be getting up from the Vader Bomb.

James E. Cornette- And I have noticed that Michaels isn't in the building. I wonder why that is. If he afraid of Vader? Shawn Michaels are you a coward? Or maybe you want to come out here and hand the title over to Vader? You'll..................

The fans start cheering as Shawn Michaels' music hits the arena. Cornette and Vader direct their attention over the RAW entrance way and wait. The crowd goes wild as Shawn Michaels makes his way out through the crowd and comes inside the ring! Cornette turns around and Michaels drills him with Sweet Chin Music for the second week in a row knocking out Cornette! Vader turns around and goes right after Michaels! Both men start slugging away at each other! Vader gets the best of Michaels with his heavy blows! Vader sends Michaels to the corner and charges at Michaels with a huge avalanche! Vader goes to powerbomb Michaels, But Michaels slips out of it and nails Vader with right hands! Michaels hits Vader with Sweet Chin Music sending Vader all the way out to the floor! Michaels then dives right over the top rope to Vader on the outside! Michaels hammers away on Vader while officials come racing down from the back to break it up. We go off the air with Michaels being held back while both Ross and McMahon screamed that maybe Michaels does have a chance this Sunday night.

Overall Rating- 85

TV Rating- 7.44

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.48

Attendance- 7,010

Ticket Sales- $280,400

SWF Tuesday

TV Rating- 0.95

Attendance- 476

Ticket Sales- $9,520

Notes

"Ahmed Johnson was working too stiffly, i could have been badly hurt."- Ron Simmons

"Ultimate Warrior and Mabel have a fantastic chemistry in the ring, it adds a lot to the match."- Pat Patterson

"Mabel just doesn't have what it takes at this level yet, i was forced to carry our entire match."- Ultimate Warrior

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

Guest Prototype

Good show. Cant believe we got Cactus vs Bret on a Raw. Looking forward to SummerSlam. Maybe I'm reading too much into Backlund's "straight to hell" line, but could he possibly bring in Kane?

According to the powers that be, Warrior vs Mabel= money!

Cactus/'Taker's going to be nasty....

And when's Warrior going to be demanding the title?

Beats me, Luckily this isn't TEW so he can't demand titles and what not. (not sure if wrestlers can demand titles on TEW though). He hasn't even requested a match with Michaels either, I guess it's because their stats are way different that the only person who can probably work with Warrior according to him, Is Mabel. Even though I put them against each other twice and their matches blew. And Warrior's morale is at 34%, Which is weird since I haven't really done anything that horrible to him.

If he's at 34%, guess he's on the way out...

Also, what scenario are you using for this? The '96 scenario I downloaded gives wrestlers stats way above what they should be (like King Kong Bundy at 70 Brawling)

Yeah that's the one I use, I just added relationships and stuff. However, I did lower some of the crappy wrestler stats, I think Mabel had like 88 brawl before I edited it. Only thing that sucks about the scenario besides some of the crappy wrestlers having great stats are, There's only 383 workers in the game.

The FNM preview should be up tonight, Haven't gotten a chance to sim it out yet.

Edit- If anyone has any questions about the scenario or stats or what not, Just pm me :thumbsup:

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Date: August 23, 1996

Attendance: 10,018

Ticket Sales: $400,720

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Shawn Michaels facing Albert!

British Bulldog and Owen Hart with James E. Cornette Vs. Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon

What a great way to open up Friday Night Mayhem. These four men put on one heck of a match up and got the crowd into what was truly a great tag team battle. Owen and Bulldog got their asses handed to them in the beginning of this battle. But as usual, Owen and Bulldog had a way to turn things to their advantage. Owen and Bulldog isolated Phillip LaFon and pounded away on the tag team expert. Bulldog used his power over LaFon and Owen used his quickness and technical ability. Owen and Bulldog double teamed LaFon for awhile until he was able to take both men out with a pair of clotheslines! LaFon then hit a pair of T-Bone suplexes to Owen Hart and then British Bulldog! LaFon made the hot tag to Furnas who came into the ring and started cleaning house! LaFon ended out on the floor with Bulldog leaving Furnas and Owen inside the ring. Owen ended up catching Furnas with the enziguri kick! Owen went for the Sharpshooter, But Rick Martel ran down from the back and attacked Owen! This caused a disqualification! Martel beat the hell out of Owen! Bulldog tried to help out Owen, But Ultimate Warrior ran down from the back and started pounding away on Bulldog! Referees came down from the back to separate Owen/Martel from each other and Bulldog/Warrior.

82, 87, 98 ****3/4

Interview with Tiger Ali Singh

We go the interview area backstage where we see Todd Pettengill standing by with Tiger Ali Singh.

Todd Pettengill- Tiger Ali Singh tonight you prepare to step into the ring once again with Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Last week after you beat Jake, He offered you a handshake but you just spat at him! On Superstars after you once again beat him, He offered you a handshake once again, But you again spat at him! Don't you think this is a disrespectful way to treat a veteran like Jake?

Tiger Ali Singh- Disrespectful? You want to know about disrespect? You Americans are disrespectful. You people disrespect my Hindu ways. You don't respect my beliefs or anything I stand for. All you people care about is your ways. You spit at everything I've done. And Jake "The Snake" Roberts is one of these people who represent everything I hate about America. Jake is a has been, A man who is part his prime. And yet all these Americans love the moron. It's bad enough that I have to live in this filthy country swarmed by fat, lazy, ignorant Americans. But I once again have to wrestle Jake Roberts. The man is a joke.

Todd Pettengill- With all due respect Tiger, Why did you spit in Jake's face when he offered you a handshake?

Tiger Ali Singh- Why? Because Jake Roberts isn't worthy of shaking my hand. That's why. Jake Roberts doesn't respect my ways. And neither do his fans. So I had to do what I had to do.

Todd Pettengill- Tonight you'll be in the ring with Jake "The Snake" Roberts once again. And after last week on Friday Night Mayhem and on Superstars, You know Jake has got to be angry and he's going to be looking to take you out tonight.

Tiger Ali Singh- Do you think that I am worried? You think Jake scares me? Jake is nothing more than a punk. A has been who's living on his past accomplishments. Jake Roberts has already lost two times to me. Tonight it's going to be lucky number three. Jake Roberts, You better get ready for another loss at the hands of the "Hindu Hero". I know all my fans in India are going to be proud after they see me once again defeat you.

Todd Pettengill- Fans, Can Tiger do it for a third time? Find out when Friday Night Mayhem returns!

Tiger Ali Singh gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tiger Ali Singh Vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts

The crowd was dead quiet for this one. They were still buzzing about the match we just saw. Tiger and Jake didn't get any heat or cheers when they came down to the ring. Even the announcers didn't pay attention to this one. This one was the same match from last week's Friday Night Mayhem and Superstars. Tiger would hit a big move at times, And then stop and pose. He'd shout that he's the Hindu Hero! Jake ended up making a comeback and scored with a big time DDT to Tiger! Jake covered but Tiger kicked out at 2! Tiger won this match by scoring with the reverse neck breaker to Jake! Tiger covered and got the win! Afterwards, Tiger offered Jake a handshake! Jake accepted and both men shook hands. Tiger then smiled and ran right over Jake with a clothesline! Tiger lifted Jake up and nailed another reverse neck breaker to Jake! Tiger stood over Jake, Calling Jake a filthy American.

50, 50, 63 1\2*

Jake Roberts lost overness from this match.

Tiger Ali Singh gained overness from this match.

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Yokozuna Vs. Goldust with Marlena

Another match which wasn't really any good. But the crowd was into it. Goldust's mind games didn't work with Yokozuna. Yokozuna started off red hot, Nailing Goldust with right hands to the face! Knocking Goldust down with each blow to the face! Yokozuna tossed Goldust out to the floor with ease! Goldust tried sumo wrestling Yokozuna, But Yokozuna shoved him down with ease! Yokozuna and Goldust traded blows for awhile with Goldust nailing Yokozuna with a huge bulldog! Goldust worked over Yokozuna slowly trying to put the big man away. Late in the match as Yokozuna made the comeback, Yokozuna caught Goldust with a samoan drop and followed up with a belly to belly! Yokozuna dragged Goldust to the corner and hit the Bonzai Drop for the win!

72, 87, 66 *1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bret Hart gets the advantage before SummerSlam!

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with the music of Jeff Jarrett hitting the arena to boos from the fans. Double J makes his way down to the ring with a cocky look on his face while the announcers hype the match between Hart and Jarrett this Sunday night. The announcers also wonder where "Ravishing" Rick Rude is.

Jeff Jarrett- I know all you people are probably wondering why my manager "Ravishing" Rick Rude is. Well, Sadly, Rick Rude has fallen ill. He's at home resting due to the disgusting food we had to eat in this filthy state. Rick Rude is sick and he won't be here tonight or this Sunday night at SummerSlam. And I guess we have to thank all you people. You people and this nasty state make Rick Rude get sick. And he won't be able to be in my corner this Sunday night. But if you people think I'm coming out a loser because of that, Then you're dead wrong. I'm ready for Sunday night. And I'm ready to take Bret Hart out once and for all. And at SummerSlam, I'll be victorious. I'll beat you in this very ring once again. If Bret Hart thought I was rough on him before, Then he's seen nothing yet! I will be coming out of SummerSlam the winner. And Bret Hart will once again be a loser!

The fans go wild as the music of Bret "The Hitman" Hart hits the arena. Bret Hart stands on top of the entrance stage with a microphone in his hand as Jarrett looks on, Not looking too happy.

Jeff Jarrett- What the hell are you doing here? This is my interview time!

Bret Hart- I came to Scottsdale and heard that Rick Rude was sick. I made sure to check that out and for once you're not lying. Rick Rude won't be able to make it to SummerSlam this Sunday night. That means it's just going to be you and I one on one. Without any interference. Meaning that come SummerSlam, You will not be victorious. The only advantage you had was that Rick Rude was in your corner. But he's sick and won't be able to make it to this year's SummerSlam.

Jeff Jarrett- You think that's going to give you the advantage? It doesn't matter if Rick Rude won't be there or not. Either way, I'm still going to beat you all over Cleveland and walk out the winner. You can't beat me and you know it Bret Hart!

Bret Hart- There's no way you'll beat me at SummerSlam. You beat me once thanks to using brass knuckles. But if you even think about using them this Sunday night, Then I'll beat you and then use them on you!

Jeff Jarrett- You might be a tough guy now, But come SummerSlam you won't be sounding so tough now will you? You won't be so tough when I lock you into the figure four and make you tap out. And Bret, I won't let go of the hold until I hear your leg break! I'm going to be out for blood this Sunday night. And I will end your career!

Bret Hart- Jeff Jarrett, The only thing that's going to happen this Sunday night is me beating you! I'm going to step inside that ring and show you that you're not as good as you think you are. This Sunday night I'm going to show you why I am the excellence of execution. And this Sunday night after you're tapping out to the Sharpshooter, You'll find out why I am the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be!

Jeff Jarrett- If you're such a tough guy why don't you come on down to this ring and get some of Double J? Or are you too scared?

The fans cheer as Bret Hart drops his microphone down and starts walking down the ramp way. Jarrett seems to regret the challenge but gets ready for a fight. Bret Hart walks up the steps and gets inside the ring. Hart and Jarrett go right after each other! Both men slug it out as the crowd begins a huge "lets go Bret" chant. Hart gets the best of Jarrett nailing Jarrett over and over again with right hands to the face! Hart sends Jarrett to the ropes but ducks his head, This allows Jarrett to kick Hart in the face and drive Hart down with a DDT! Jarrett goes out to the floor and grabs a steel chair! Jarrett comes back inside the ring with the chair! Jarrett goes to hit Hart with the chair, But Hart ducks and the chair bounces off the ropes and hits Jarrett right in the face! Hart grabs the chair from Jarrett and levels Jarrett right over the head with the chair knocking Jarrett out! Hart drops the chair down and stands over Jarrett. Bret Hart's music plays and Bret Hart exits the ring. Hart is up on the ramp way and he stares down Jarrett who's out cold. Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with Bret Hart staring down Jarrett who's out cold.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sycho Sid Vs. "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty did his dance at Sid! Sadly for him, This angered Sid! Sid proceeded to nail Jannetty with right hands and toss Jannetty around the ring! Sid press slammed Jannetty and hit Jannetty with a clothesline which sent "Party Boy" to the outside! They fought out on the floor, And Jannetty sent Sid into the steel steps! Jannetty rammed Sid's head into the steps! Jannetty rolled Sid back into the ring and scored with a high cross body block! Jannetty scored with a couple of big moves, But he'd stop and do his dance. He'd dance around the ring and yell out "it's party time"! Jannetty caught Sid with a spinning heel kick and headed up top. Jannetty went for a big splash, But Sid moved out of the way and Jannetty hit the canvas! Sid made his comeback and scored with right hands to Jannetty! Sid booted Jannetty in the face and then hit a huge Choke Slam to Jannetty! Sid pulled Jannetty up and dropped him down with the Powerbomb! Sid covered and got the win! Afterwards as Sid was celebrating, Hunter Hearst Helmsley ran down from the back with a steel chair! Helmsley nailed Sid over the head with the chair and then hit the Pedigree to Sid driving Sid face first into the chair! Afterwards, Helmsley posed with the chair and stood over Sid.

69, 80, 73 **

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ahmed Johnson gets some of Scott Steiner!

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with the sounds of sirens hitting the arena. The crowd immediately starts booing as Scott Steiner makes his way down to the ring. Steiner gets inside the ring and grabs a microphone. The crowd chants "Ahmed" as Steiner begins to speak.

Scott Steiner- All you people need to shut your damn mouths and listen to what I got to say. This Sunday night I go one on one with your so called people's champion, Ahmed Johnson. And I'm beginning to question if it was wise of me to step into the ring with Johnson. I mean, We've been going at it for weeks now and he has yet left me laying. I've been beating him around these arenas each and every time I been here! Ahmed Johnson has yet to get the best of me. And yet you people choose Ahmed Johnson as your people's champion? Ahmed Johnson is just a thug. He's not a athlete. Hell he probably dropped out of school. Ahmed Johnson should not be facing me at SummerSlam this Sunday night. Everyone knows I'm going to run right over him this Sunday night. Ahmed Johnson has no chance in hell of defeating me this Sunday night. At SummerSlam, Everyone will see Scott Steiner destroy you. Do you think you'll have a chance of defeating me? I'm going to beat you and then I'm going to move on to bigger and better things. Ahmed Johnson you're not worth wasting my time for. There's only going to be one match between us, And it's going to happen this Sunday night at SummerSlam. After SummerSlam, I'm going to go after the World Wrestling Federation Championship! You'll..............

The crowd starts cheering as Ahmed Johnson's music hits the arena. Ahmed Johnson stands on top of the entry way with a microphone in his hand. Johnson does not look happy at Steiner's comments.

Ahmed Johnson- You thought I wouldn't be here tonight did you? I'm sure you thought Ahmed Johnson would be at home. But surprise! I'm here. And I'm getting sick and tired of your smart mouth Scott Steiner. You come out here and attack me with steel chairs and then you talk all this trash. You think I'm going to lose at SummerSlam? I'm going to run right over your punk ass this Sunday night!

Scott Steiner- Ahmed Johnson, Look at you. You're nothing more than a thug. You should be in the streets. Not employed by the World Wrestling Federation. You will learn that Scott Steiner is the true athlete of this company. That Scott Steiner is the star of the World Wrestling Federation. And at SummerSlam, I'm going to prove it by being the man who ends your career once and for all. I've left you laid out every time we've been in that ring, SummerSlam is all that's left!

Ahmed Johnson- At SummerSlam the only thing that's going to happen is me beat you. You are one great athlete, But everyone of these fans know I'm one of the best wrestlers on the planet. I am a natural born superstar. I'm one of the hot stars in the New Generation. And you won't be beating me at SummerSlam this Sunday night. I'm going to kick your behind all over Cleveland this Sunday night! The people are going to watch me dominate you!

Scott Steiner- Ahmed Johnson, You don't get it do you? You're nothing to me. You're not a wrestler. You should go back to the "hood" and pay for your child support instead of coming out here and interrupting the world's greatest athlete. I'm bigger than all you fans. I'm bigger than the World Wrestling Federation. I am the man who calls the shots around here. And at SummerSlam you'll be finding out why after I'm done whipping the tar out of you.

Ahmed Johnson- You wanna know something? Since you're so confident, How about I come down to that ring and lets see how badly you can beat me up! We going to have a throw down right now!

Scott Steiner- Wait a minute! I don't wanna get into this tonight! We have to wait until SummerSlam! I'm going to....................

Ahmed Johnson starts walking down to the ring to a huge ovation from this crowd! Johnson gets inside the ring and both men start slugging away at each other! Johnson gets the best of Steiner with heavy blows to the face! Steiner is able to take Johnson out with a devastating belly to belly out of nowhere! Steiner stands over Johnson to boos from this huge crowd. Steiner lifts Johnson up and goes for a irish whip, But Johnson counters and catches Steiner coming off the ropes with a huge spinebuster! Ahmed Johnson calls for the Pearl River Plunge! Johnson goes to lift Steiner up, But Steiner rolls out to the floor! Steiner heads to the back to huge heat from the crowd! Steiner leaves as Johnson stays in the ring. Dok Hendrix says there will be nowhere for Steiner to run this Sunday night at SummerSlam!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Smoking Gunns and Marc Mero with Sable Vs. Al Snow, Sean Waltman and Steve Austin with Ted DiBiase

This Sunday night at SummerSlam, Steve Austin and Al Snow will defend the WWF Tag Team Championship against Smoking Gunns, And Marc Mero will challenge Sean Waltman for the Million Dollar Championship. These six men started this one off with a huge brawl in the ring. The face team easily disposed of the members of The Corporation. Billy Gunn ended up being the weak link as he was able to get isolated by The Corporation. The three champions from The Corporation pounded away on Billy Gunn and beat him down like a animal. Snow and Austin taunted the Smoking Gunns several times during this contest! Billy ended up catching Waltman with a huge tilt a whirl slam and made the hot tag to Mero! All hell broke loose again and all six men went at it! Snow and Austin ended up out on the floor with the Smoking Gunns which left Waltman and Mero in the ring! Mero ducked a spinning heel kick from Waltman and rolled Waltman up to score another win over Waltman! Afterwards, The Smoking Gunns and Marc Mero posed to cheers from the crowd. Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect questioned whether or not we'd have new champions this Sunday night.

76, 84, 86 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Is Undertaker going to be at SummerSlam?

The crowd boos as the music of Cactus Jack hits the arena. The psychotic Cactus Jack makes his way down to the ring as Hendrix and Perfect hype his match this Sunday night with Undertaker. Jack gets inside the ring and grabs the microphone from Howard Finkel. The fans begin a huge "Undertaker" chant.

Cactus Jack- This Sunday night, I'll step into the ring with the beloved Undertaker. A man who all you World Wrestling Federation fans love. You know something? I hate Undertaker. I really do hate the son of a b**** with all my heart. Undertaker is nothing more than a sick loser who all you people love. I hate you Undertaker. That's why I did those terrible things to you and Paul Bearer. That's why I got someone to smash a ambulance into the hearse, Sending it into a wall. Paul Bearer will never be the same again. Last I heard of Bearer, Is he's in a coma somewhere. Your guiding force won't ever make it back to the World Wrestling Federation. With Paul Bearer gone, You're nothing. How are you planning on beating me this Sunday night? Will you be able to sit up from everything I hit you with? It's no disqualification Undertaker. It means I could very well end your career this Sunday night. All the sacrifices I've made will be appreciated this Sunday night after I beat you. After I leave you laying, All these fans will know that Cactus Jack is their new hero. That's all I want, To be looked as a hero. To be known as someone the fans cared about. But it's not that easy with the WWF fans is it? No, The WWF fans don't like you for your hard work. They like you if you know how to dance or if you hand them sunglasses. Or if you're the man from the dark side with a urn. They don't like me. They don't like a man who's done everything for the wrestling business. No, They like you Undertaker! They love you! No one ever cared about Cactus Jack. They like Undertaker! Not me! Why? Why you? Why are you so loved? I already took out Paul Bearer. Sunday night all that's left is to take you out. The fans in Cleveland better be ready for a surprise. Because at SummerSlam, You won't be winning. Your mind games have not worked on me Undertaker. You can cost me matches, Send me messages from beyond. But Paul Bearer is no more. Which means, At SummerSlam you're going to be as weak as ever! SummerSlam will be the end of Undertaker! Undertaker, You'll feel pain like no other at SummerSlam! All your fans, The creatures of the night will go straight to hell with you this Sunday night! And then, I'll go to the top of the World Wrestling Federation. I'll be the biggest star this company has ever seen. And you want to know why? Because I deserve it! I.....................

The fans go wild as the lights go out! The blue lights come on through out the arena as the bells toll! Undertaker's music begins to play as the sounds of rain and thunder go off through out the arena! Some chanting begins as Undertaker's music begins to play............... Then the druids are shown on top of the ramp way with torches! Jack doesn't know how to react as the druids stand on top of the ramp way chanting. Undertaker's voice is then heard!

Undertaker- Cactus Jack, We're two days away. Two days away from when you get to see me face to face. Face to face after what you did to Paul Bearer. SummerSlam is going to be the night where I unleash all my anger out on you. After what you did to Paul Bearer, You can expect no mercy this Sunday night. You will know why there is no stopping me and my creatures of the night. You can take out Paul Bearer, But you cannot take out the creatures of the night worldwide. You can't stop my creatures of the night. They're what keeps me going. And this Sunday night, My creatures of the night and myself will make sure you rest in peace!

A druid steps forward and points his torch at Cactus Jack! Jack looks a bit shaken up as the druid points at him. The druids then head to the back including the one who stepped forward. They head to the back as the lights come back on. Jack has a psychotic smile on his face as the fans chant "Undertaker".

Interview with Shawn Michaels

We go to the interview area backstage where Dok Hendrix is standing by with the World Wrestling Federation Champion, Shawn Michaels.

Dok Hendrix- Shawn Michaels, Tonight you prepare to step inside the ring with Albert in a non title match. But two days from now, It's SummerSlam. You'll be taking on the man they call Vader in what will no doubt be the biggest challenge of your career. Last Monday night, You attacked Vader and took it right to him. It seems like you're not afraid of fighting Vader are you?

Shawn Michaels- Dok Hendrix, You should know by know that the "Heart Break Kid" isn't afraid of anyone. I been in all kind of matches with all kinds of opponents. I been in cage matches, last man standing matches and everything else that's been thrown in my way since I won the World Wrestling Federation Championship at Wrestlemania XII. Everyone that has been in my way has gone down to Sweet Chin Music. And this Sunday night, Vader won't be different! Vader thinks that just because he's beaten me twice is going to change things. But it won't. This Sunday night, I'm going to be giving Vader the fight of his life. And he won't be walking out of SummerSlam with the title. Vader, I hope you're ready for the very best of HBK.

Dok Hendrix- Tonight you take on Albert. A man who very much like Vader, Likes to use his size and power over his opponents. Albert has been on a path of destruction every since debuting in the World Wrestling Federation. Tonight can you survive this match with Albert?

Shawn Michaels- I've seen what Albert has done. I have seen all his matches. Everything he has done. All the damage he's done. He's a tough guy. He's beaten plenty of tough guys. But I don't think he knows who he's in there against. I'm not going to get tossed around the ring like he's done to so many other men. Tonight I'm going to get ready for SummerSlam by taking Albert out with Sweet Chin Music. Tonight I'm not going down to the A-Bomb, I'm going to knock his teeth right down his throat! Vader, You better be watching this! Because this is your SummerSlam preview!

Dok Hendrix- Fans, Can Shawn Michaels beat Albert in this non title affair? Find out when Friday Night Mayhem returns!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Marc Mero comes off the top with the Wild Thing to Sean Waltman! (Monday Night Raw 8/19/96)

Shawn Michaels Vs. Albert with Ted DiBiase

Albert did a good job here and was able to keep up with the World Wrestling Federation Champion. Michaels worked well with the big man which isn't unusual for Michaels. Since Michaels is known to be able to work well with big men like Nash and other big men. Michaels used his quickness early on to get the advantage on Albert. Michaels ended up going for Sweet Chin Music too early which allowed Albert to run right over the "Heart Break Kid" with a stiff clothesline. Albert used plenty of clotheslines to wear down Michaels! Albert even press slammed Michaels all the way out to the floor! Albert worked over Michaels' back and sent Michaels into the steel post four times! Albert pounded on Michaels' back inside the ring and scored with the vicious A-Bomb! But Michaels kicked out at two! Albert sent Michaels for the ride, But Michaels came off the ropes with the flying forearm to Albert and nipped up! Michaels nailed Albert with right hands and clotheslined Albert out to the floor! Michaels came off the top with a huge moonsault to Albert all the way on the outside! Michaels rolled Albert back into the ring and came flying off the top with the elbow drop right to Albert's heart. Michaels went to the corner and tuned up the band! Albert stood up, And Michaels drilled him with Sweet Chin Music to pick up the win! Afterwards as Michaels celebrated, Vader ran down from the back and ran right over Michaels with a body avalanche! Vader picked Michaels up and powerbombed Michaels. Vader dragged Michaels to the corner and hit a huge Vader Bomb to HBK! Vader grabbed the World Wrestling Federation Championship and posed with it! Vader stood over Michaels as Friday Night Mayhem went off the air! SummerSlam is only two days away!

77, 86, 87 ***3/4

Overall Rating- 76

TV Rating- 7.83

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.94

Attendance- 7,012

Ticket Sales- $280,480

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.36

Attendance- 478

Ticket Sales- $9,560

SWF Friday

TV Rating- 1.06

Attendance- 479

Ticket Sales- $9,580

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Owen Hart

"Tiger Ali Singh and Jake Roberts didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"- Pat Patterson

"Yokozuna and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Billy Gunn? I think our styles would really work well together."- Goldust

News

- ECW have fallen to Cult level.

- ECW have released Taka Michinoku!

- ECW have released Paul Heyman!

- ECW have released Shaggy 2 Dope!

- Rob Van Dam has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

- Kid Kash has agreed to an open contract with ABWF!

- ECW have fired staff member Jonathan Coachman!

- ECW have fired staff member Henry Myers!

- ECW have fired staff member Rod Misery!

- ECW have fired staff member Neville Smasher!

- ECW have fired staff member Dave Teen!

- The WWF has signed Jonathan Coachman.

- Ultimate Warrior is unhappy. SummerSlam could be his last appearence with the World Wrestling Federation.

OOC: Final SummerSlam card will be up tomorrow folks :D

Guest Prototype

Good show leading to SummerSlam. HBK has really taken a beatin from Vader lately, so I suspect he'll win at SS. Are you planning on then doing a HBK/Steiner feud? Dont know about that one. Looking forward to SS though!

user posted image

Date: August 25, 1996

Final Card

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Shawn Michaels© Vs. Vader

No Disqualification Match

Cactus Jack Vs. Undertaker

Losers Leave The World Wrestling Federation Forever

Ultimate Warrior Vs. British Bulldog

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Rick Martel Vs. Owen Hart©

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Smoking Gunns Vs. Steve Austin and Al Snow©

Million Dollar Championship

Marc Mero Vs. Sean Waltman©

Bret Hart Vs. Jeff Jarrett

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Scott Steiner

Sycho Sid Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match on the Pay Per View?

2. What will be the match before the main event?

3. How many titles will change hands? (title cannot change hands by disqualifications, count outs, no contests etc)

4. What will be the worst match? (worst meaning by match quality in EWR)

5. What will be the best match? (best meaning by match quality in EWR)

6. Who is Bob Backlund bringing in to fight Sycho Sid after his match?

7. Will anyone else besides Backlund's guy debut? If so, Who?

8. One person will not be employed after SummerSlam, Who is this person?

The PPV should be up by Monday or Tuesday at the latest  :thumbsup:

Guest ryan_the_canuck

Shawn Michaels© Vs. Vader - At least I hope so. You haven't built Vader into champion material yet, and I'm just waiting for an HBK/Corporation feud...

Cactus Jack Vs. Undertaker - Could go either way, but I see Taker winning it, somehow...

Loser Leaves The World Wrestling Federation Forever

Ultimate Warrior Vs. British Bulldog - Fixed the wording for you. :) You could've been working us all along, but I doubt it.

Rick Martel Vs. Owen Hart© - Time to pull the trigger on Bulldog and Owen breaking up.

Smoking Gunns Vs. Steve Austin and Al Snow© - Likewise, the Gunns will probably break up here. Seems a little too soon, but whatever.

Marc Mero Vs. Sean Waltman© - Mero's been winning all the TV encounters, so he's gotta get his due here.

Bret Hart Vs. Jeff Jarrett - Again, could go either way.

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Scott Steiner - Much as you like Ahmed, I'm sure you're not just bringing in Steiner to job to him.

Sycho Sid Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley - Gets out-classed until Backlund comes in.

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match on the Pay Per View? - Jeezus, I don't know...Tag title match gets my vote.

2. What will be the match before the main event? - Hart/Jarrett

3. How many titles will change hands? (title cannot change hands by disqualifications, count outs, no contests etc) - 1

4. What will be the worst match? (worst meaning by match quality in EWR) - Warrior/Bulldog

5. What will be the best match? (best meaning by match quality in EWR) - Hart/Martel

6. Who is Bob Backlund bringing in to fight Sycho Sid after his match? - Diesel/Kevin Nash

7. Will anyone else besides Backlund's guy debut? If so, Who? - No

8. One person will not be employed after SummerSlam, Who is this person? - Savio Vega...don't ask me how Warrior gets out of this one though

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match on the Pay Per View? Ahmed Johnson vs. Scott Steiner

2. What will be the match before the main event? Undertaker vs. Cactus Jack

3. How many titles will change hands? (title cannot change hands by disqualifications, count outs, no contests etc) 1

4. What will be the worst match? (worst meaning by match quality in EWR) Shawn Micheals vs. Vader

5. What will be the best match? (best meaning by match quality in EWR) Mero vs. Waltman

6. Who is Bob Backlund bringing in to fight Sycho Sid after his match? Chris Benoit

7. Will anyone else besides Backlund's guy debut? If so, Who? Nope

8. One person will not be employed after SummerSlam, Who is this person? Ultimate Warrior

Edited by Hailtothechimp

Shawn Michaels©

Undertaker

British Bulldog

Owen Hart©

Steve Austin and Al Snow©

Sean Waltman©

Bret Hart

Scott Steiner

Sycho Sid

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match on the Pay Per View? Sid vs Hunter

2. What will be the match before the main event? Warrior vs Bulldog

3. How many titles will change hands? (title cannot change hands by disqualifications, count outs, no contests etc) None

4. What will be the worst match? (worst meaning by match quality in EWR)Warrior vs Bulldog

5. What will be the best match? (best meaning by match quality in EWR) Bret Hart vs Jeff Jarrett

6. Who is Bob Backlund bringing in to fight Sycho Sid after his match? Chris Kanyon

7. Will anyone else besides Backlund's guy debut? If so, Who? No

8. One person will not be employed after SummerSlam, Who is this person? Utlimate Warrior

Date: August 25, 1996

Final Card

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match on the Pay Per View?Waltman/Mero

2. What will be the match before the main event?Taker/Cactus

3. How many titles will change hands? (title cannot change hands by disqualifications, count outs, no contests etc) 1

4. What will be the worst match? (worst meaning by match quality in EWR)Bulldog/Warrior

5. What will be the best match? (best meaning by match quality in EWR) Martel/Owen

6. Who is Bob Backlund bringing in to fight Sycho Sid after his match? Raven

7. Will anyone else besides Backlund's guy debut? If so, Who? No

8. One person will not be employed after SummerSlam, Who is this person? Warrior

Final Card

Winner: HBK

Winner: Taker

Winner: Bulldog

Winner: Martel

Winners: Austin and Snow

Winner: Waltman

Winner: Hart

Winner: Steiner

Winner: HHH

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match on the Pay Per View?

Waltman-Mero

2. What will be the match before the main event?

HHH-Sid

3. How many titles will change hands? (title cannot change hands by disqualifications, count outs, no contests etc)

4. What will be the worst match? (worst meaning by match quality in EWR)

Steiner-Johnson

5. What will be the best match? (best meaning by match quality in EWR)

Hart-Jarrett

6. Who is Bob Backlund bringing in to fight Sycho Sid after his match?

Glenn Jacobs

7. Will anyone else besides Backlund's guy debut? If so, Who?

No

8. One person will not be employed after SummerSlam, Who is this person?

Warrior

Guest SteveBoobs

Tie Breakers

1. Ahmed/Steiner

2. Cactus/UT

3. One

4. Ahmed/Steiner

5. Jarrett/BHart

6. Kurrgan

7. Nope

8. Warrior

Guest Pattitude

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match on the Pay Per View?Ahmed Johnson Vs. Scott Steiner

2. What will be the match before the main event?Hart & Jeff

3. How many titles will change hands? (title cannot change hands by disqualifications, count outs, no contests etc)1

4. What will be the worst match? (worst meaning by match quality in EWR)Ultimate Warrior Vs. British Bulldog

5. What will be the best match? (best meaning by match quality in EWR)Million Dollar Championship Match

6. Who is Bob Backlund bringing in to fight Sycho Sid after his match?Glenn Jacobs

7. Will anyone else besides Backlund's guy debut? If so, Who?Nobody

8. One person will not be employed after SummerSlam, Who is this person?Ultimate Warrior