World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

Guest Prototype

Good Raw. Backlund is gonna be sore after four powerbombs! I think an Owen/Martel feud could bring some good matches, and SummerSlam is building up well. Im assuming HBK/Vader will headline along with a Undertaker/Cactus match. Bret and Jarrett will be a great match too.

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Date: July 26, 1996

Tonight we're going to see one of the biggest main events in Friday Night Mayhem history. Ultimate Warrior goes one on one with King Of The Ring, Hunter Hearst Helmsley! This will no doubt be the biggest match in "King" Helmsley's career. The question is can he beat the Warrior? Can Hunter Hearst Helmsley beat Warrior tonight or will he fall victim to the power of the Warrior? What's going through Warrior's mind as SummerSlam nears?

Tonight we're going to be hearing from both Vader and Shawn Michaels. Both these men have alot to say about their huge title match at SummerSlam. What will these two men have to say about the biggest match of their WWF careers?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Steve Austin and Al Snow defend the WWF Tag Team Championship against Fatu and Yokozuna in a rematch from In Your House!

"The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak takes on Jake "The Snake" Roberts!

Albert faces Marc Mero in what should be one heck of a match up!

Owen Hart takes on Bob Holly in a non title match up!

And Ultimate Warrior faces Hunter Hearst Helmsley in the main event!

We'll also hear from Vader and Shawn Michaels! Plus Savio Vega has a big announcement!

user posted image

Date: July 26, 1996

Attendance: 10,044

Ticket Sales: $401,760

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Ultimate Warrior taking on Hunter Hearst Helmsley!

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Al Snow and Steve Austin© with Ted DiBiase Vs. Fatu and Yokozuna

This is a rematch from In Your House last Sunday night. Fatu and Yokozuna started things off tossing the champions around the ring. Austin and Snow isolated Fatu after Austin took Fatu down with a big swinging neck breaker. Austin and Snow pounded Fatu through out the match and double teamed the large samoan. Austin and Snow did everything they could to try to put away Fatu, But the big man kept coming for more. Fatu caught Austin with a big time belly to belly suplex which allowed him to make the hot tag to Yokozuna. Yokozuna came into the ring like a man on fire and started cleaning house! Snow and Austin both got knocked down by a pair of right hands from Yokozuna! All four men ended up inside the ring. Snow battled Fatu out on the floor leaving Yokozuna with Austin. Yokozuna pounded the heck out of Austin with right hands and sent Austin to the corner. Yokozuna went for a avalanche, But Austin moved out of the way and Yokozuna hit the turnbuckle! Austin quickly hit Yokozuna with the Stone Cold Stunner and picked up the win! Austin and Snow headed to the back with DiBiase carrying the titles with a big smile on his face.

82, 83, 82 ***

Interview with Vader and James E. Cornette

We cut to the back where we see Vader and James E. Cornette standing behind the World Wrestling Federation logo.

James E. Cornette- Shawn Michaels. I'm very impressed with you. You wrestled Goldust and won after just losing to Vader the night before. After taking the powerbomb and Vader Bomb. Shawn Michaels I hope you're getting ready for SummerSlam. I hope you're ready for what will happen at this year's SummerSlam. I hope you know what you're getting yourself into on August 25th. Vader is ready. He's been training hard for SummerSlam. He knows what he has to do. He's going to knock you out with the powerbomb and then finish you off with the Vader Bomb. That's how Vader's going to beat you at SummerSlam. Vader will be the new World Wrestling Federation Champion come SummerSlam. He'll be standing over you victorious just like he did at In Your House. Shawn Michaels there's no way you'll be able to beat the man they call Vader. He's beaten Yokozuna, Bret Hart and Sycho Sid within months. And oh yeah, He beat you just last Sunday night! You're going to be next. Come SummerSlam you will find out it's Vader time!

Vader- Michaels are you ready boy? Are you ready for what awaits you at SummerSlam. Are you ready to once again feel the Vader Bomb? Do you think you'll be able to get up from it? No one can get up from the Vader Bomb. You were out cold because of it. You have no way of beating me at SummerSlam Shawn Michaels. Get ready because the World Wrestling Federation Championship is coming around my waist in Cleveland!

James E. Cornette- There's nowhere to hide Shawn Michaels! Vader's coming for you at SummerSlam!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Shawn Michaels

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with the music of the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels hitting the arena to a huge ovation from the fans. Michaels makes his way down to the ring with the World Wrestling Federation Championship over his shoulder. Michaels poses inside the ring while his pyros go off behind him. Michaels is handed a microphone as the fans chant "HBK".

Shawn Michaels- So SummerSlam is just a few weeks away. I know all the fans in Cleveland are looking forward to the big title match between Vader and the "Heart Break Kid". And I know everyone else is looking forward to seeing what will go down on August 25th. Will Shawn Michaels lose the title? Or will Vader go down to Sweet Chin Music? I know Camp Cornette is confident that Vader will beat me at SummerSlam. After all, He did beat me this past Sunday night. But HBK has been beaten many times in the past. By guys alot better and tougher than Vader. And I've always come back and won some way or another. Vader you beat me once. Only once. But at SummerSlam I'm going to be coming at you stronger than ever. I'm going to be giving you everything that I got. The Kliq are all going to be there at SummerSlam. They're all going to watch me run right over your four hundred fifty six pound ass at SummerSlam! You're going to go down to Sweet Chin Music. And I'll remain the World Wrestling Federation Champion. There's no way the title is leaving my waist at SummerSlam. Vader time will be over come SummerSlam big man. You can bring all of Camp Cornette with you but that won't matter. I've been put in all kind of matches as the World Wrestling Federation Champion and I've always won. Now it's time for me to beat you. You're the next name on my list Vader. And come SummerSlam you're going to find out why Shawn Michaels is the greatest WWF Champion of all time. Vader you talk about being ready for SummerSlam? Well lets see how ready you are once I shove my foot down your throat!

Michaels drops the microphone down as his music plays. Shawn Michaels heads to the back slapping hands with the fans at ringside as Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak with Clarence Mason Vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Mason held the big mirror high in the air while "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak posed in front of it. This one was a pretty bad match up. It seems only a few select people can carry Jake "The Drunk" to a good match and Stasiak is not one of those people. This one was basically a squash match with Jake getting some offense in on "The Narcissist". Stasiak held Jake down with a chinlock for awhile but Jake fought out and made the comeback. Jake punched and hit Stasiak with clotheslines. Jake hit Stasiak with three atomic drops one right after the other stunning "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak. Jake went for the DDT, But Stasiak countered and took out Jake with the Stasiak Drop. Stasiak pulled Jake up and locked Roberts into the Torture Rack! Jake quickly tapped out giving "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak the win! Afterwards, Mason held the mirror high as Stasiak posed some more.

67, 69, 64 *

Duke Droese is back!

We cut to the back where we see Kevin Kelly standing by with Savio Vega.

Kevin Kelly- Savio you asked for this interview time. You said you got a big announcement and everyone is wondering what it is. So what's up?

Savio Vega- Kevin Kelly my announcement is that I............

Suddenly, Duke Droese is shown standing next to Savio and Kelly. Savio doesn't even get to finish his sentence. Droese isn't in his garbage man attire, He's wearing a nice suit and he's got a hair cut and he's also shaved.

Duke Droese- Hey Savio! Hey Kevin Kelly! Surprised to see me?

Kevin Kelly- Duke "The Dumpster" Droese! It's been awhile. What's up with the outfit?

Duke Droese- Kevin Kelly, Duke "The Dumpster" Droese is dead. I'm not a garbage man anymore. I've hit the jackpot so to speak. I'm now rich. Filthy, stinking rich! Richer than you can imagine! Duke "The Dumpster" Droese was a loser who these people liked. They like a garbage man for God's sake! I'm tired of being the fan friendly garbage man. I finally realized what life is all about.

Kevin Kelly- What is life all about Duke Droese?

Duke Droese- Money! Life is all about money! Life is about being filthy rich! Money makes the world go round. Money is what makes this country great. Money is the most important thing about life. Not to mention, It's the most rewarding part about life.

Savio Vega- I think you're wrong Duke. Life is about..........

Duke Droese- You keep your trap shut! Look at you! You look like some poor man coming off the beach. You're nothing. How much money do you have in your bank account?

Savio Vega- That's none of your business. But Savio Vega isn't a greedy pig like you. I donate to charity. I do nice things with my money.

Duke Droese- Well no wonder you have to dress like you're some bum coming of the streets. You know what I did with my money? I put it in the bank. I got a new house and I got some cars! I'm not handing out my money to the needy. If they want money they have to work for it! Hell they can be garbage men for all I care. Duke Droese is all about the money now!

Savio Vega- I don't think that's any way to live your life. Money isn't the most important thing in the world Droese.

Duke Droese- What do you know? You're poor! You come from a poor back round! Your family has like what? Fifteen kids? Your parents had to work how many jobs to support all you money suckers?

Savio Vega- Hey don't you dare talk about Savio's family! You better leave before I kick your butt!

Duke Droese- Okay, Okay. Don't get all rilled up Savio. I'll go.

Duke Droese prepares to leave, Savio turns his back and Droese attacks Savio! Droese clotheslines Savio down to the floor! Droese stomps down on Savio like Savio's garbage. Duke Droese picks Savio up and tosses Savio in the wall! Savio is left down on the floor with Droese standing over him.

Duke Droese- Savio Vega you're nothing more than a piece of garbage! You go back to wherever you came from and stay there. Duke Droese doesn't need your poor self bringing me down. The garbage man is dead. And Duke "The Money Maker" Droese is in!

Droese lets out a evil laugh before walking off.

Kevin Kelly- Somebody get some help for Savio!

Duke Droese debuted his new gimmick (city slicker), it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Marc Mero with Sable Vs. Albert with Ted DiBiase

Mero and Albert didn't seem to have too much chemistry together. Mr. Perfect put Albert's performance against Undertaker over from In Your House. Perfect said he never seen anyone give Undertaker a fight like Albert did at In Your House. Albert dominated Mero early on after catching "The Wildman" with a stiff clothesline. Albert pounded Mero in the corner and hit Mero with several right hands and choked down Mero. Albert was able to gorilla slam Mero showing off his amazing power. Albert went for the A-Bomb late in the match but Mero slipped out of it and caught Albert with a running enziguri kick to the back of the head. Mero made the comeback and took it to Albert hitting Albert with big right hands to the face. Mero took Albert out with a DDT and came off the ropes with a moonsault to Albert for 2. Mero came off the ropes but Albert caught Mero with a huge pump kick right to the face! Albert lifted Mero up and went for the A-Bomb but Mero countered and rolled up Albert to score the win! Mero and Sable headed to the back while Albert threw a fit.

78, 79, 79 **3\4

Interview with Owen Hart

Our cameras take us to the back where Todd Pettengill is standing by with the WWF Intercontinental Champion Owen Hart.

Todd Pettengill- Owen Hart tonight you take on Bob Holly in a non title match. But last Monday night it was you and British Bulldog taking on Ultimate Warrior and Rick Martel. And it was Rick Martel pinning you one, two, three! Now does that make Rick Martel the number one contender for your title?

Owen Hart- No! What kind of stupid question is that? Rick Martel already got his shot at me a few weeks ago! There's no reason for him to get another shot at the title.

Todd Pettengill- But he pinned you on Monday Night Raw! He should get the next title shot!

Owen Hart- Why? Because a four string announcer like yourself says he does? Rick Martel didn't beat me fairly did he? He had his foot all over the ropes. He's a dirty cheater! He should be fined and suspended from the World Wrestling Federation. Rick Martel belongs in a retirement home. Not in the WWF fighting me for my Intercontinental Championship.

Todd Pettengill- Tonight it's you and Bob Holly in a non title match up. Bob Holly certainly is no stranger to titles in the WWF. And he's also pound for pound one of the best that the WWF has to offer. How do you plan on beating the tough race car driver from Alabama?

Owen Hart- How do I plan on beating Bob Holly? That's so easy Pettengill! Bob Holly is nobody to me! How many times has he been the Intercontinental Champion? Sure he's had a cup of coffee as the tag team champion but I've already held that title three times. I'm the current Intercontinental Champion and the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time. Bob Holly I'm mad over what happened on Monday Night Raw, And tonight I'm going to take it out on you in front of all my countrymen!

Todd Pettengill- Fans up next Owen Hart faces Bob Holly in a non title match up!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Owen Hart Vs. Bob Holly

The Canadian crowd booed Bob Holly and gave Owen Hart the biggest ovation of the night. This is a non title match which means that Owen Hart's Intercontinental Championship isn't on the line. Hart and Holly had a pretty good match up together and the crowd was into it. Holly attacked Owen from behind which the Canadian crowd didn't like. Holly scored several near falls on Owen on the outside which made Owen so frustrated that he went to the outside to take a breather. Holly didn't like that and caught Owen with a baseball slide right to the face! Holly rolled Owen back into the ring and ran down Owen with several clotheslines. Owen was finally able to catch Holly with the enziguri kick to turn things his way. Owen worked over Holly's legs and back trying to soften Holly for the Sharpshooter. Holly kept fighting back and wouldn't stay down when the "King Of Harts" went for near falls. Holly ended up catching Owen coming off the top with a midair drop kick! Holly then came close to putting away Owen especially after scoring with a big DDT to Owen. Holly went for a powerbomb, But Owen slipped out of it and took out Holly with a big belly to belly suplex! Owen went for the Sharpshooter but instead, He locked Holly into Rick Martel's Québec Crab! Holly quickly tapped out giving Owen the win! Owen let go of the hold and grabbed his Intercontinental Championship. Owen looked at the camera and told Martel there would be no title shots!

85, 84, 86 ***1\2

Chavo Guerrero video

Another video hyping the debut of Chavo Guerrero is shown. We're shown footage from Chavo's career at an early age. (no WCW footage.) Chavo says he was meant to come to the World Wrestling Federation. Chavo says he believes that he will be the first Guerrero to make it big in the World Wrestling Federation. Chavo thinks that the fans don't know what Guerrero wrestling is all about and he says he's going to show everyone what Chavo Guerrero is all about.

Chavo Guerrero gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Ultimate Warrior

We're taken backstage where Michael Cole is standing by with Ultimate Warrior.

Michael Cole- Well I'm standing by with Ultimate Warrior. And Warrior tonight you face the 1996 King Of The Ring Hunter Hearst Helmsley. But lets talk about SummerSlam. It'll be you and British Bulldog one more time. And what can expect from you come SummerSlam?

Ultimate Warrior- The time is nearing. The time is nearing Michael Cole. SummerSlam is nearing. It's upon us. Bulldog can you feel it? Can you feel SummerSlam approaching? Can you feel all my Warriors? Can you feel their power? It's time for me to take you out once and for all. Your mind, body and soul will be mine come SummerSlam. Bulldog your time has come. And now it's time for the Ultimate Warrior to come get what's his. At SummerSlam you will find out why there's no taking down the Ultimate Warrior.

Michael Cole- Warrior tonight you take on the 1996 King Of The Ring Hunter Hearst Helmsley. And this will no doubt be a huge challenge for you. Your thoughts on this big match up with Hunter Hearst Helmsley?

Ultimate Warrior- Hunter Hearst Helmsley is a talented wrestler. But his soul is full of greed. Helmsley you might have won the King Of The Ring but tonight you'll be in that ring with the Ultimate Warrior. And you can't survive in there against me! You're a meir mortal while I'm the Ultimate Warrior!

Michael Cole- Fans up next we'll see Hunter Hearst Helmsley face Ultimate Warrior in the main event!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Mero comes off the top with the Wild Thing to Marty Jannetty! (Monday Night Raw 7/22/96)

Ultimate Warrior Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Not even Hunter Hearst Helmsley could make the Warrior look good out there. Warrior got a big pop from this crowd but not the huge pops as he's used to getting. Helmsley tried to wrestle Warrior early on but Warrior just kept tossing Helmsley aside quite easily. Warrior ran over Helmsley with right hands and clotheslines. Warrior sent the King Of The Ring out to the floor with a clothesline! They brawled out on the floor with Helmsley sending Warrior into the steel steps! They came back into the ring and Helmsley caught Warrior with a high knee to the face to take control of the match. Helmsley wore down Warrior with a few suplexes and locked Warrior into a figure four late into the match. Warrior easily powered out of it and clotheslined Helmsley. Warrior kept running down Helmsley with his usual offense. Warrior finished Helmsley off with the Warrior Press Slam followed by the Warrior Splash! Warrior covered and got the win! Afterwards, British Bulldog came running down from the back! Bulldog tried a sneak attack, But Warrior clotheslined Bulldog! Bulldog quickly went out to the floor and headed to the back vowing to get revenge on Ultimate Warrior. Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with Ultimate Warrior celebrating his win.

81, 88, 66 *1\2

Overall Rating- 78

TV Rating- 7.91

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.99

Attendance- 7,544

Ticket Sales- $301,760

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.39

Attendance- 619

Ticket Sales- $18,570

Notes

"Shawn Stasiak and Jake Roberts didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"- Pat Patterson

"Albert and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Sean Waltman? I think our styles would really work well together."- Marc Mero

News

- Several wrestlers have complained about Ultimate Warrior's attitude.

user posted image

Date: July 28, 1996

Attendance: 10,025

Ticket Sales: $401,000

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of D'Lo Brown taking on Marty Jannetty!

Johnny Swinger Vs. Savio Vega

Savio has two months left on his contract and it will not be renewed so there for it's obvious he's doing the job. Swinger carried Vega to a pretty good match up. But the crowd was pretty silent for it since no one cares about Savio and no one knows who Swinger is. Swinger had control for most of the match and got a few near falls on Vega. Vega ended up making the comeback but Swinger caught Vega with a version of the russian legsweep named the "Swing Thing" by the announcers. Swinger covered Vega and got the win.

68, 60, 76 **

Johnny Swinger debuted his new gimmick (egomaniac), it got a positive response.

Savio Vega lost overness from this match.

Johnny Swinger gained overness from this match.

Chavo Guerrero video

*From Friday Night Mayhem*

Another video hyping the debut of Chavo Guerrero is shown. We're shown footage from Chavo's career at an early age. (no WCW footage.) Chavo says he was meant to come to the World Wrestling Federation. Chavo says he believes that he will be the first Guerrero to make it big in the World Wrestling Federation. Chavo thinks that the fans don't know what Guerrero wrestling is all about and he says he's going to show everyone what Chavo Guerrero is all about.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hardy Boyz Vs. The Headbangers

The Headbangers seem to click out there with every team they're put up against. Too bad Mosh has a attitude problem or these two young men would amount to more. Jeff Hardy was the face in peril for most of the match and took a beating at the hand of Mosh and Thrasher. The Headbangers scored with some double team moves that came close to putting away the young Jeff Hardy. But Matt kept making the save. Jeff ended up catching both Mosh and Thrasher with a double clothesline which allowed him to make the hot tag to Matt! Matt came into the ring and started cleaning house! Matt took out both Headbangers with a pair of DDT's. This one ended up Matt scoring the Twist Of Fate on Mosh for the win. Afterwards, Hardy Boyz posed.

84, 68, 100 ****1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scorpio Vs. Brian Christopher

Scorpio and Brian Christopher put on one heck of a match up but the announcers spent most of the match hyping Monday Night Raw tomorrow night. Both men started off trading near falls that ended up with Scorpio dumping Christopher out on the floor and hitting a big dive through the ropes to Christopher out on the floor! They went back into the ring and Christopher took out Scorpio with a big spinning heel kick. Christopher took control of the match and wore down Scorpio. Christopher scored a few near falls to Scorpio but he wasn't able to put away Scorpio. Scorpio eventually fought back and caught Christopher with a running enziguri kick. Scorpio won the match after hitting the Scorpio Splash to Christopher. Scorpio posed afterwards as the announcers hyped him up.

88, 81, 96 ****1\4

Interview with Kama, Chris Chavis and Ted DiBiase

Todd Pettengill interviewed the team of Kama and Chris Chavis with their manager Ted DiBiase backstage. DiBiase said that Kama and Chavis are two marvels within The Corporation. DiBiase said that their time is now. DiBiase told Pettengill that the Masked Americans have no chance today. DiBiase mentioned that Kama and Chavis haven't had much luck this year, But their luck is about to change very soon.

Kama gained overness from this segment.

Chris Chavis gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Masked Americans Vs. Kama and Chris Chavis with Ted DiBiase

Pretty decent tag match though the crowd was pretty silent for it. It seems that the Masked Americans' push has been put on halt for a couple weeks. Kama and Chavis isolated Steve Lombardi early on and beat down the masked American superstar. Lombardi got beat down for most of the match until he took out both Chavis and Kama with clotheslines and tagged in Tom Prichard. Prichard came charging into the ring and took out Kama and Chavis with right hands. All four men went at it with the Masked Americans hitting some nice double team moves on the Corporation members. Prichard picked up the win after taking out Chavis with a sidewalk slam. The Masked Americans celebrated their win to cheers from the fans.

72, 68, 77 **1/4

Interview with Marty Jannetty

Todd Pettengill was standing by with "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty and interviewed Jannetty. Jannetty barely talked about his match with D'Lo Brown and instead talked about a party he has to go to later tonight. Jannetty told the fans that his new attitude has made him happier than he's ever been in his whole life. Jannetty said that there's more to life than being the best in the WWF, Jannetty said life is a party and he's the man who's throwing the party. Jannetty says life is all about partying.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Owen Hart uses Rick Martel's own Québec Crab to beat Bob Holly! (Friday Night Mayhem 7/26/96)

D'Lo Brown Vs. "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

This is probably Marty Jannetty's best match in ages. Hell in years. His trip down to USWA improved his skills and he seems to be staying out of trouble. Jannetty did his dance early on and Brown beat the hell out of him. Brown tossed Jannetty around the ring and pounded "Party Boy" with right hands. Brown sent Jannetty out to the floor with a back body drop but missed a plancha to the outside allowing Jannetty to take over. Jannetty would score with a big move but instead of covering, He'd dance! Jannetty took down Brown with a high kick and headed up top. Jannetty danced a bit on the top turnbuckle and went for a leg drop, Brown moved out of the way and Jannetty hit the canvas! Brown made the comeback and scored several near falls on Jannetty. Brown scored with the Sky High and picked up the win! Superstars went off the air with Brown celebrating his victory.

86, 79, 93 ****

Overall Rating- 78

TV Rating- 2.79

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 2.98

Attendance- 7,547

Ticket Sales- $301,880

SWF Sunday

TV Rating- 2.20

Attendance- 458

Ticket Sales- $9,160

ABWF Extreme Warfare

Attendance- 30

Ticket Sales- $300

Notes

"Johnny Swinger and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Shawn Stasiak? I think our styles would really work well together."- Savio Vega

"I'd like to request a match or two with Steve Austin. I'm pretty sure we could do some good work together."- Shawn Michaels

"Our ratings battle with Worldwide is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We have superior star power on our roster, which is hurting their image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them."- Sophie

I've just began to really read your diary and I love it. The push Albert is getting is new and fresh because I don't think anybody else would push Albert. Duke Droese returning is of course cool, you gave him kinda of the same gimmick John Bradshaw Layfield has now in the WWE but I like it. Hopefully you don't push Droese like the WWE pushed JBL :mellow:

Some quick notes:

* Fire Ultimate Warrior. I know that won't be realistic but I hate the guy!

* "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty rock ass! Maybe you can hook him up with another guy and then call them the Party Boyz or something ;)

* Vader won't win the WWF Championship at Summerslam but if he does I don't think he would be a credible WWF Champ, YET. Stick with HBK as WWF Champ until another wrestlers can be a credible champion (maybe Shawn Stasiak :devil:)

Thanks for the comments Flying Dutch Man :thumbsup:

user posted image

Date: July 29, 1996

Tonight's the night Bret "The Hitman" Hart has been waiting for. Tonight Bret Hart finally gets Jeff Jarrett one on one and Rick Rude will be barred from ringside! Bret Hart will be wanting to get even with Jarrett after Jarrett injured Hart's leg. This is a huge main event and the winner will no doubt be next in line for a shot at the WWF Championship. Who's going to win this match? Will Jeff Jarrett be able to score the huge win or will Bret Hart show everyone why he's the excellence of execution.

We're also going to be hearing from Shawn Michaels tonight. Michaels won't be in action but you know the "Heart Break Kid" has alot to say about SummerSlam and the title match with Vader.

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese Vs. Savio Vega

Cactus Jack Vs. Scorpio

Sycho Sid and Marc Mero Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley and "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

Smoking Gunns Vs. Steve Austin and Al Snow© for the WWF Tag Team Championship!

Bret Hart Vs. Jeff Jarrett and Rick Rude is banned from ringside!

Plus we'll hear from Shawn Michaels and British Bulldog! And much more!

user posted image

Date: July 29, 1996

Attendance: 10,024

Ticket Sales: $400,960

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Bret Hart taking on Jeff Jarrett!

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese Vs. Savio Vega

Droese came down to the ring wearing a expensive looking suit. Vega jumped Droese to get this one started. Both men had a decent brawl but McMahon and Ross were too busy talking about tonight's main event and SummerSlam to pay attention to this one. Droese was able to take control of the match after sending Savio into the steel steps. Droese and Savio went into the ring and Droese ran right over Savio with a clothesline. Droese wore down Savio with a long time with a chinlock. Savio escaped and made a comeback. Savio hit Droese with right hands and scored with the Spinning Heel Kick but Drose was able to kick out at 2. A young woman came down to ringside as Savio nailed Droese with right hands in the corner. She got up on the apron which distracted Savio long enough for Droese to score with his Money Compactor (Trash Compactor) for the win! Droese and the young man then shook hands as McMahon and Ross wondered who she was.

74, 67, 81 **1\2

Dawn Marie debuted her new gimmick (executive consultant), it got a positive response.

Interview with Cactus Jack

We go backstage where Todd Pettengill is standing by with Cactus Jack.

Todd Pettengill- Cactus Jack tonight you prepare to go one on one with Scorpio. But as of late you've been trying to take out Undertaker and his manager Paul Bearer. You will meet Undertaker at SummerSlam but what is the deal with Paul Bearer? Why do you want to hurt Paul Bearer?

Cactus Jack- Why? How stupid are you Todd Pettengill? Paul Bearer is the source of Undertaker's power. He's the one with the urn. He's the one with all the power. He makes Undertaker what he is. And without Paul Bearer, I'm afraid that everyone's favorite hero Undertaker isn't anything. Everyone loves Undertaker but why? He's nothing without Paul Bearer! Paul Bearer I'm going to get you. Undertaker can't be by your side all the time can he? I will strike and when I do, You won't be coming back!

Todd Pettengill- At SummerSlam it's you and Undertaker. And Commissioner Ric Flair has made some new rules for the match. It'll be a No Disqualification match!! Your thoughts on that?

Cactus Jack- No Disqualification? I love those rules. I love the fact that now I can hurt Undertaker all I want without getting disqualified! I can hurt him so badly without anyone stopping the match. Undertaker if you thought King Of The Ring was something, Then you ain't seen anything yet. I'm going to go to SummerSlam with one goal in mind. And that is to hurt you. And to hurt you so badly that you won't be getting up. Undertaker you hide behind your fans. But at SummerSlam there will be nowhere to hide. When it's all said and over with, You'll be down on the canvas while Cactus Jack is left as the winner.

Todd Pettengill- Tonight you take on Scorpio. How do you plan on wrestling this high flier?

Cactus Jack- How do I plan on wrestling him? I'm going to catch him when he goes flying and I'm going to drive him down to the canvas in one feel swoop. Scorpio tonight I'll be thinking about Undertaker while I'm fighting you. I'm going to hurt you like you've never been hurt before.

Todd Pettengill- Fans up next Cactus Jack faces Scorpio!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cactus Jack Vs. Scorpio

Scorpio didn't show any signs of fear as he came flying off the top right onto Cactus Jack on the outside! Scorpio and Jack brawled out on the floor that ended up with Jack getting sent knee first to the steel steps! Jack fought back though and slammed Scorpio onto the padded floor and followed up with the running elbow drop off the apron to Scorpio on the outside! Jack brought Scorpio back into the ring and dominated the high flier. Jack used chokes, stomps and even bit Scorpio in the corner while yelling "Undertaker". Jack went for the Mandible Claw but Scorpio caught Jack with a low blow behind the referee's back! Scorpio fought back and caught Jack with a spinning heel kick followed by a big time tornado DDT! Scorpio hit a big moonsault and flying legdrop off the top to Cactus Jack but Jack kept kicking out! Scorpio came off the top with a cross body, But Jack rolled through and locked Scorpio into the Mandible Claw! Scorpio quickly passed out and Cactus Jack was awarded the winner! Afterwards, Jack stood over Scorpio to boos from the fans. Suddenly the lights went off! When they came back on, Undertaker was shown standing behind Cactus Jack. Jack turned around and Undertaker Choke Slammed Cactus Jack! Undertaker picked Jack up and planted him with the Tombstone! Undertaker stood over the body of Cactus Jack with a sick smile on his face to a huge "Undertaker" chant.

84, 84, 85 ***1\2

Where is "Party Boy?"

We cut to the back where Michael Cole is standing by with Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

Michael Cole- Hunter Hearst Helmsley tonight you team up with "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty to face Sycho Sid and Marc Mero. But where is Marty Jannetty?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- I don't know where he is. I haven't heard from him all day. I've left messages but he hasn't returned it. I don't know if he's even in Detroit! He's probably off in some party. Well I'm not wrestling a handicap match!

Michael Cole- Well who's going to be your partner then?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- I don't know. But hopefully I can pick someone who'll show up. Jannetty wants to party? Fine! But I'm not doing all the work! I...........

Some music starts playing and "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty shows up on the scene with a radio. Jannetty starts dancing at Cole and Helmsley.

Michael Cole- Well Marty Jannetty has arrived!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Where were you? I almost had to wrestle a handicap match! Where the hell were you? Off partying somewhere Marty? You knew we had a match tonight! And stop dancing at me you freak!

Marty Jannetty- Calm down Hunter. Calm down man. You're bringing down my spirit. I was just at a party. Hell I was at a party all of last night as well. Hunter you got to relax. Life is a party man! Life in the World Wrestling Federation should be a p-a-r-t-y! You need to stop being so serious! Tonight Marty's got your back man. And after we win, I'm taking you out to a party! Marty parties twenty four seven Hunter my man! Wooooooo! Lets party tonight!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Fine whatever, Lets go!

Jannetty and Helmsley walk off as Michael Cole looks on.

Michael Cole- I wish he invited me...........

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sycho Sid and Marc Mero with Sable Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley and "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

Jannetty got a good pop from the fans. Jannetty actually started this one off by dancing right at Sid! Sid didn't enjoy it so much and kicked the hell out of Jannetty. Sid tossed the smaller Jannetty around the ring like a rag doll. Mero got tagged in and worked over Jannetty for a bit scoring a few near falls. Jannetty ended up catching Mero with a spinning heel kick which allowed him to tag in Helmsley. Helmsley and Jannetty worked pretty well together and used some double team moves. Every time they'd hit a double team move, Jannetty would try to get Helmsley to do the Party Boy Dance. Helmsley and Jannetty isolated Mero for a long time. Mero was finally able to take out Helmsley with a DDT which allowed Mero to tag out to Sid while "Party Boy" got tagged in! Sid came into the ring and ran right over Jannetty! Helmsley got run down as well! Mero and Helmsley ended up brawling all the way to the back leaving Jannetty and Sid in the ring! Sid slammed Jannetty down as Bob Backlund came down from the back. Backlund got up on the apron so Sid picked Jannetty up, And sent Jannetty right into Backlund knocking Backlund off the apron! Jannetty then walked into a huge Choke Slam from Sid! Sid covered Jannetty and scored the win! Afterwards, Sid celebrated as Backlund headed to the back. Backlund said "he's coming!"

83, 84, 82 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

What will SummerSlam be like for Ultimate Warrior?

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with the music of British Bulldog hitting the arena to boos from the crowd. James E. Cornette leads British Bulldog down to the ring as McMahon and Ross hype the match between Warrior and Bulldog at SummerSlam.

James E. Cornette- So we're nearing SummerSlam. It's going to be a hot night for the World Wrestling Federation. British Bulldog goes up against Ultimate Warrior. And on that night we're going to see Bulldog wrap his powerful arms around ultimate Warrior and just destroy him. Warrior your career is going to end very soon. Bulldog is the one who's going to end it. All these mind games will end. Your era in the World Wrestling Federation has long passed you by. British Bulldog is the true warrior around these parts. You're just some lunatic! Come SummerSlam all your fans will be disappointed when you go down at the hands of Davey Boy Smith. He's going to easily going to beat you and show no mercy.

British Bulldog- Warrior I'm not out here to talk! I want you out here in the ring! Right here right now!

James E. Cornette- Come on Warrior! Are you man enough to go up against British Bulldog right here and right now?

The crowd goes nuts as Ultimate Warrior's music hits the arena. Ultimate Warrior comes down to the ring and Bulldog attacks! Both men start slugging it out hitting each other! Warrior runs down Bulldog with a clothesline! Warrior picks Bulldog up and nails Bulldog with a right hand knocking down Bulldog! Cornette attacks Warrior from behind by hitting Warrior with the racket! Warrior turns around and decks Cornette! Bulldog is then able to low blow Warrior from behind! Bulldog hoists Warrior up over his shoulder and hits the Running Powerslam! Warrior is left down on the canvas as Bulldog and Cornette put the boots to him.

British Bulldog- Warrior! I hope you know what you're in for at SummerSlam! I'm going to run right over you on August 25th!

Bulldog's music plays and Bulldog heads to the back with James E. Cornette while Warrior is left down on the canvas.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Smoking Gunns Vs. Steve Austin and Al Snow© with Ted DiBiase

Austin and Snow were the ones who defeated the Smoking Gunns for the titles. All four men started brawling in the ring with the Smoking Gunns clearing the ring. Billy told Bart to step aside and to watch how it's done. Billy went out to the floor and beat down both Austin and Snow sending both men to the steel steps and to the steel ring post! They went back into the ring with Gunn dominating Austin. Billy wouldn't tag in Bart though! This allowed Austin and Snow to double team Billy and keep him isolated. Austin and Snow pounded Billy through out the match with Billy refusing to tag in Bart whenever he had the chance to. Billy eventually took out both Snow and Austin with a pair of clotheslines! Billy didn't want to tag in Bart, But Bart tagged himself in! Bart came into the ring and started cleaning house! Bart took out Snow and Austin with Forearm Shots. The Smoking Gunns nailed Snow with their drop kick/back suplex combo. The Smoking Gunns ended up scoring with the Sidewinder to Austin! Bart covered but Sean Waltman ran down from the back and pulled the referee out of the ring causing a disqualification! Snow, Austin, Waltman and DiBiase headed to the back with the gold while Billy Gunn threw a fit and started coursing.

92, 87, 97 ****1\2

The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Is Owen Hart tough enough?

We go backstage where Dok Hendrix is standing by with the WWF Intercontinental Champion Owen Hart.

Dok Hendrix- Owen Hart tonight you're not scheduled to wrestle and you've asked for this interview time. What do you got to say?

Owen Hart- What do I got to say? I'm the Intercontinental Champion. I'm the man around here. But you know what I've got to say? You really want to know? I want to address Rick Martel. Martel you think you're better than me just because you scored a fluke win? You got lucky last week and everyone knows it. I'm better than you are. I even do your finishing move better than you! You're not worthy of getting in the ring with me. I know everyone wants to see you get a shot at my title. But Rick it ain't going to happen. You will never get a shot at this title while I'm the champion. You got your shot a few weeks ago and you lost! Deal with it!

Dok Hendrix- So no title shot? Even after he beat you last week?

Owen Hart- If he wants a title shot he'll have to earn one! He cheated last week and everyone knows it. I'm the model of success so to speak. He's nothing! I'm the champion and he's an old man! He should be back at the home instead of challenging me for a title shot. There's plenty of other men who should be getting a title shot before Rick Martel!

Rick Martel walks up to Owen Hart and gets face to face with the champion.

Owen Hart- Hey! This is my interview time! You get out! I'm the champion! Not you!

Rick Martel- Owen Hart I was listening to you. And I got to wonder. Are you afraid of putting that title on the line against me? Are you afraid I'll beat you like I did last week on Monday Night Raw?

Owen Hart- I'm not afraid of anyone! You had your shot and you lost. Why should you get a rematch? Who have you beaten?

Rick Martel- I beat you champ didn't I? One, two, three in the center of the ring. You lost and I should be the number one contender. But hey if you don't want to give me a shot because you're too yellow than I understand. After all, I'm sure you're afraid of losing the title to a man who's forty. A man who's made the single most impressive comeback to the wrestling business. I'm sure you're just scared of facing me. But Owen there will be a match between us for the title. Whether you like it or not!

Owen Hart- We'll see about that Martel! You're never getting a shot at this title!

Owen Hart and Rick Martel stare each other down as Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Who will be the World Wrestling Federation Champion?

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with Shawn Michaels' music hitting the arena. The WWF Champion makes his way down to the ring to a huge ovation from this huge crowd. Michaels poses while his pyros shoot off behind him. Michaels is then handed a microphone as the "HBK" chants begin.

Shawn Michaels- At SummerSlam it will be the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels stepping into that ring with the man they call Vader. Vader you have been one impressive wrestler since making your debut. Yokozuna, Bret Hart, Sycho Sid and even HBK himself are names you've beaten. You beat me at In Your House without anyone helping you. You took me out with the Powerbomb and hit me with the Vader Bomb. You pinned me one, two, three in the middle of the ring. But it won't happen again at SummerSlam. At SummerSlam the "Heart Break Kid" and the Kliq are going to run right over you with Sweet Chin Music. The title is going to remain around my waist when it's all said and over with. You won't be taking the World Wrestling Federation Championship off of around my waist. You won't be able to walk out with the title come SummerSlam. The only way you'll beat me is if I can't take another breath! Vader.................

Shawn Michaels is interrupted by the music of Vader which hits the arena to boos from the crowd. James E. Cornette and Vader stand on the RAW stage with a microphone.

James E. Cornette- Shawn Michaels it seems to me that you and Vader haven't come face to face yet. Ever since In Your House it seems like you've been laying low. Maybe you're afraid of Vader? Maybe you're afraid of him getting face to face with you before SummerSlam? You know what happened at In Your House will happen once again at SummerSlam. Except this time he'll walk out with the World Wrestling Federation Championship around his waist. Vader is going to end your title reign. He's going to run all over you and walk out with the WWF Championship. The Kliq will die a slow painful death at SummerSlam. Your title reign will come to an end on August 25th!

Shawn Michaels- Hey if Vader wants me in the ring so badly tell him to get his ass in here right now! We don't have to wait until SummerSlam do we? He had last Monday night and Friday night to get face to face with me!

James E. Cornette- No I think we'll pass right now. Shawn Michaels you don't get to make the rules around here. Vader is in control of the situation. Shawn Michaels when you least expect it, Vader will strike!

Vader's music plays as the crowd starts booing. Cornette and Vader head to the back leaving Michaels in the ring as Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Scorpio defeats Brian Christopher with the Scorpio Splash! (Superstars 7/28/96)

Jeff Jarrett Vs. Bret Hart

Bret Hart didn't even wait for Jarrett to come to the ring! Hart attacked Jarrett during Jarrett's entrance as Jarrett was walking down the RAW stage. Hart beat down Jarrett with right hands and suplexed Jarrett right on the floor! They went to the ringside area where Hart sent Jarrett to the steel steps! Hart beat down Jarrett with wild right hands out on the floor and smacked Jarrett's head into the steel steps! Hart rolled Jarrett into the ring and ran down Double J with a clothesline. Hart worked over Jarrett's legs and completely dominated Jarrett in the corner with right hands. The referee had to pull Hart off of Jarrett which allowed Jarrett to sneak a low blow in on Hart. Jarrett then hit Hart with a big time DDT which gave Jarrett control of the match. Jarrett worked over Hart's legs softening it up for the Figure Four. Jarrett got a few near falls on Hart and eventually locked "The Hitman" into the Figure Four! "The Hitman" came very close to giving it up but he was able to reverse the hold. Hart caught Jarrett with a right hand and followed up with a big piledriver! Hart worked over Jarrett hitting his trademark moves and went worked over Jarrett's leg. Hart ended up going for a clothesline, But Jarrett ducked and Hart took out the referee! Hart took down Jarrett with a back breaker and locked Jarrett into the Sharpshooter! Jarrett was tapping out but there was no referee! Hart let go of the hold and went to check on the referee. This allowed Jarrett to pull a pair of brass knuckles from his tights. Hart turned around and Jarrett nailed him with a big right hand using the knuckles! Jarrett covered Hart as the referee came to and got the win!

92, 92, 93 ****1\4

Jeff Jarrett gained overness from this match.

He's snapped McMahon!

After the match ended, Hart got up and attacked Jarrett! Hart and Jarrett started trading blows and Hart sent Jarrett out to the floor with a clothesline! Hart went out after Jarrett and send Jarrett into the steel ring steps! Hart grabbed a steel chair from ringside and nailed Jarrett over the back with it! Hart then nailed Jarrett with a huge shot to the head busting Jarrett wide open! Hart mounted on top of Jarrett and nailed Jarrett with right hands! The referee tried to pull Hart off of Jarrett, But Hart shoved the referee down and kept hitting a bloodied Jarrett! Monday Night Raw went off the air with Hart hammering away on Jarrett as the referee called for some help.

Jeff Jarrett gained overness from this segment.

Overall Rating- 85

TV Rating- 7.28

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.47

Attendance- 7,013

Ticket Sales- $280,520

SWF Tuesday

TV Rating- 0.96

Attendance- 456

Ticket Sales- $9,120

Notes

"Cactus Jack and Scorpio didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"- Pat Patterson

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

OOC: The news report will be up later

Edited by Baby Hewey

Guest Prototype

Good couple of shows. Drose with a "money" gimmick is cool, and with Dawn Marie at his side he could get over well. I like the Hart/Jarrett match. Hart snapping was crazy. Is this just a mean streak in Hart or a possible heel turn?

Wrestling News for August, 1996

Taking a look at the wrestling world

user posted image

World Wrestling Federation

Owner: Linda McMahon

Public Image: 100

Size: Global

Based In: America

Risk Level: 70

Production Values: 100

Merchandising: 100

Advertising: 100

Top 5 Faces

1. Ric Flair (98)

2. Shawn Michaels (98)

3. Bret Hart (96)

4. Undertaker (94)

5. Ultimate Warrior (88)

Top 5 Heels

1. Kevin Nash (99)

2. Vader (94)

3. Cactus Jack (93)

4. Jeff Jarrett (92)

5. Owen Hart (90)

user posted image

World Championship Wrestling

Owner: Ted Turner

Public Image: 55

Size: Global

Risk Level: 40

Production Values: 95

Top 5 Stars

1. Hulk Hogan (100)

2. Sting (100)

3. Randy Savage (97)

4. The Giant (91)

5. Lex Luger (90)

Worldwide has been promoted to a prime time slot.

user posted image

Extreme Championship Wrestling

Owner: Paul Heyman

Public Image: 7

Size: National

Risk Level: 90

Production Values: 65

Top 5 Stars

1. The Sandman (76)

2. Goldberg (74)

3. Sabu (73)

4. Taz (72)

5. Bam Bam Bigelow (72)

user posted image

Supreme Wrestling Federation

Owner: Nicholas Stanley

Public Image: 73

Size: Cult

Risk Level: 40

Production Values: 60

SWF have a new TV show on Fridays in the graveyard time slot!

Top 5 Stars

1. The Sandman (76)

2. Goldberg (74)

3. Brother Love (74)

4. Sabu (73)

5. Taz (72)

user posted image

Amber Benson's Wrestling Federation

Owner: Nik Simpson

Public Image: 40

Size: Backyard

Risk Level: 30

Production Values: 5

Top 5 Stars

1. Elektra (20)

2. Miguel Perez (20)

3. Julio Dinero (13)

4. Steve Armstrong (13)

5. J-Rocc (9)

Guest Prototype

Just a question? How do you know what is going on in WCW, or what the main events for Nitros were? Do you just make them up?

I just ask because I enjoy how you do your news reports.

Just a question? How do you know what is going on in WCW, or what the main events for Nitros were? Do you just make them up?

I just ask because I enjoy how you do your news reports.

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Date: August 2, 1996

Tonight we're going to see a big tag team main event. Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior join forces to take on Vader and British Bulldog. At SummerSlam it's Michaels and Vader for the title while Bulldog faces Warrior. You know something is going to happen when all four men are in that ring against each other. What's going to happen between Michaels and Vader? What will Warrior and Bulldog do to one another?

After being attacked on Monday Night Raw, Jeff Jarrett is going to have alot to say. Tonight we're going to hear from Jarrett and his manager Rick Rude. What does Double J have to say after being beat down on Monday Night Raw?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon debut to take on The Headbangers

Chavo Guerrero makes his long awaited debut as he faces "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak

Sean Waltman defends the Million Dollar Championship against Billy Gunn!

Rick Martel faces Goldust in singles action!

Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior team up to face Vader and British Bulldog!

We'll hear from Jeff Jarrett, Ahmed Johnson, Sycho Sid and Bret Hart!

Plus much more!

user posted image

Date: August 2, 1996

Attendance: 10,049

Ticket Sales: $401,960

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior facing British Bulldog and Vader!

Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon Vs. The Headbangers

Furnas and LaFon made a great debut here tonight. These two teams stole the show putting on one hell of a match up. LaFon and Furnas started off hitting double drop kicks to The Headbangers sending Mosh and Thrasher out to the floor! Mosh and Thrasher didn't have too much offense during this match except for a couple minutes when they isolated LaFon and beat him down with some double teaming. LaFon was quickly able to take out both Headbangers with a pair of overhead belly to belly suplexes and tag in Doug Furnas. Furnas came into the ring and cleaned house! Furnas and LaFon hit Thrasher with a double flapjack taking Thrasher out! Furnas and LaFon then hit Mosh with the rockerplex! Furnas finished Mosh off with a release german suplex dumping Mosh right on his head to score the win! Afterwards, Furnas and LaFon headed to the back as both Mr. Perfect and Dok Hendrix were highly impressed with this team.

83, 71, 95 ****

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jeff Jarrett wants revenge!

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Jeff Jarrett's music hitting the arena to boos from the crowd. Rick Rude leads Jeff Jarrett down to the ring while Dok Hendrix mentions what happened between Bret Hart and Jeff Jarrett this past Monday night. Rick Rude grabs a microphone while the fans chant "Jarrett sucks".

Rick Rude- You people need to shut the hell up and listen to what Jeff Jarrett has to say. We're not in a good mood so I suggest you keep your mouthes shut you street punks! Bret Hart last Monday night you showed everyone that you're nothing more than a gutless coward. After Jeff Jarrett beat you, You attacked him from behind like a no good coward! How dare you! You talk about being fair but you attacked Jeff Jarrett after the match was over! What kind of no good coward are you Bret Hart? Jeff Jarrett beat you and you had the nerve to attack him after the match! What a cowardly thing to do! You hit Jarrett with a steel chair right to the head causing him to bleed!

Jeff Jarrett- Bret Hart you can't handle the fact that I took you to school on Monday Night Raw! I taught you a wrestling lesson you'll never ever forget! I beat you one, two, three and you attacked me after the match ended! Just like a coward would! You're not a hero. You're a jealous bitter man. You know you can't beat me! And you tried to end my career this past Monday night! Well you haven't taken down Double J. I'm here to stay "Hitman"!

Rick Rude- Bret Hart don't think that just because you beat down Jeff this past Monday night, Won't mean he won't be coming after you. You don't get away with busting Jeff Jarrett open like you did this past Monday night. Jeff Jarrett is mad over what happened and we're going to get revenge. You don't go around hitting people with steel chairs and get away with it Bret Hart. I would get my hands on you myself, But sadly I'm not a active wrestler anymore.

Jeff Jarrett- There will be a rematch. There will be a rematch and when the match goes down, It'll be the last time these fans ever see you. You will never return to the ring ever again. I'm going to get my revenge on you. Bret Hart I've beaten you once already. And next time we're inside the ring, I'm going to beat you once again. I will get revenge for what happened on Monday Night Raw. You don't hit my upside the head with a steel chair and get away with it! You better watch your back Bret. I'm going to get you and I'm going to hurt you alot worse than last time! A leg injury will seem like a trip to heaven after I get done with you.

Rick Rude- Bret you're officially the hunted my friend!

Rude drops the microphone down as Jarrett's music plays. Jarrett and Rude head to the back as Dok Hendrix says Bret Hart is standing by!

Interview with Bret Hart

We cut to the back where we see Bret "The Hitman" Hart standing by.

Bret Hart- Since Monday night I have been asked by several people why did I attack Jeff Jarrett. Why Bret? Why would you attack someone after the match was over? Well I snapped. I couldn't keep it in and I snapped. But I'm not sorry that I did attack Jeff Jarrett after the match ended. Jeff Jarrett cheated and he got what he had coming. I'm glad I was the one who beat him down. Jeff Jarrett you want revenge? Well anytime you want a rematch I'll glad accept it! I've beaten you before and I'll do it once again when there is our rematch. You had to cheat to beat me on Monday Night Raw and everyone knows it. All you have to do is name the place for the match. You want to cheat? Well I can play dirty too. And I'll have no problems playing dirty whenever our rematch does happen. You're the one who's the hunted. And you're the one who better watch your back. I proved to you on Monday Night Raw why I am the excellence of execution when I beat you within a inch of your life this past Monday night. Now it's time for me to show you why I am the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chavo Guerrero Vs. "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak with Clarence Mason

Chavo had a pretty decent debut but he just didn't work well with "The Narcissist". The crowd was dead for this one and the announcers barely talked about the match. Instead, They talked about what we just heard from Bret Hart and Jeff Jarrett. Chavo started off pretty well out wrestling Stasiak and taking down Stasiak with some quick offense. Chavo sent Stasiak out to the floor and hit a big suicide dive to "The Narcissist". They went back into the ring and Stasiak was able to catch Chavo coming off the ropes with a flying clothesline. Stasiak pounded Chavo and gave the youngster a real tough time as Chavo tried to mount an offense. Mason even got involved and choked Chavo while Stasiak distracted the referee! Stasiak ended up going for the Stasiak Drop, But Chavo got out of and it and nailed Stasiak with a tornado DDT! Chavo made the comeback and used his speed advantage over "The Narcissist" keeping Stasiak off of his feet with fast arm drags. Chavo finished Stasiak off after he escaped Stasiak's Torture Rack and nailed Stasiak with a brainbuster! Chavo covered and scored the huge upset in his first match ever in the World Wrestling Federation. Chavo posed on the turnbuckles after the match ended and kept shouting "I'm making an impact in the WWF!"

68, 58, 79 **1/4

Chavo Guerrero debuted his new gimmick (Show Stealer), it got a positive response.

Shawn Stasiak lost overness from this match.

Chavo Guerrero gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scott Steiner has finally returned to the World Wrestling Federation!

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the break with the music of Ahmed Johnson hitting the arena to a great ovation from the fans. Ahmed Johnson makes his way down to the ring with a microphone as Mr. Perfect and Dok Hendrix wonder Johnson has got to say. Johnson walks down the ramp way with a serious look on his face. Once he gets inside the ring, Johnson is handed a microphone.

Ahmed Johnson- I know all you people came out here for some great wrestling and not to hear Ahmed Johnson talk. But I came out here to lay down a challenge. I'm one of the brightest stars in the World Wrestling Federation. I am one of the best wrestlers in the whole entire world today. And yet I haven't received one title shot around here. I haven't got a WWF Championship title match or a Intercontinental title match. I want some gold and I'm laying down the open challenge to either Owen Hart or Shawn Michaels. Ahmed Johnson is the future of this wrestling business. I'm the future of the World Wrestling Federation. And I'm going to go to the top of the WWF. There ain't anybody man enough to take me on! And I'm gonna prove it to all you players out there why I am the people's champion and why Ahmed Johnson is....................

Ahmed Johnson is interrupted by the sound of sirens going off. The crowd doesn't know what to think as Scott Steiner makes his way down the stage. Ahmed Johnson stands in the ring and stares down Steiner who's coming into the ring. Steiner gets inside the ring and Johnson looks on. Scott Steiner looks more built and he's cut his black hair short.

Ahmed Johnson- Scott Steiner. Man I ain't never expected to be standing in the ring with you. But Scott don't get me wrong or anything. I'm glad you're here since I always wanted to talk to you and everything but I'm out here addressing my future man. So you think you can just like head to the back or something? Unless you got something to say to the people.

Scott Steiner stares down Johnson and attacks Ahmed Johnson! Steiner nails Johnson with right hands to the back and the crowd starts booing Steiner! Hendrix and Perfect have no idea what to say! Steiner drops Johnson down to the canvas by clubbing Johnson in the back of the head over and over again with heavy blows! Steiner stomps down on Ahmed Johnson! Scott Steiner lifts Ahmed Johnson up and hits a devastating belly to belly suplex to Ahmed Johnson! Scott Steiner pulls Johnson back up and hits a big time overhead belly to belly suplex to Ahmed Johnson! Scott Steiner locks Ahmed Johnson into a version of the camel clutch as this huge crowd boos despite it being Steiner's home state! Johnson is passing out as Steiner keeps the hold locked on! Officials come running down from the back and force Steiner off of Johnson. Steiner grabs the microphone while the fans chant "Ahmed".

Scott Steiner- You know something? I could care less about what you people chant at me. You're all just a bunch of morons who don't matter anyway! I used to wrestle in the WWF with my brother Rick. But now Rick isn't here anymore. It's only Scott Steiner that's in the World Wrestling Federation. And I've come here for one thing and one thing only. And that is the World Wrestling Federation Championship. And I don't care which one of these WWF punks get in my way. I'm tired of not getting any of the spotlight put on me. I look at the roster this company has and all I see are losers. I'm a better athlete than each and everyone of these punks. Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Bret and Ahmed Johnson are all losers. I'm going to run right over anyone who gets in my face. Ahmed Johnson you were the first man that got in my way and I had to take you out. The whole World Wrestling Federation is on my hit list!

Scott Steiner drops down the microphone and heads to the back while the officials check on Ahmed Johnson who looks like he's in serious pain. Friday Night Mayhem goes to a break with Scott Steiner posing on top of the stage.

Scott Steiner debuted his new gimmick (Bad Ass), it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Million Dollar Championship

Sean Waltman© with Ted DiBiase Vs. Billy Gunn

Waltman got jumped from behind by Billy Gunn to get this one started. The bigger Gunn easily dominated Waltman in the early parts of match and tossed Waltman around the ring. Gunn kept showing his nasty side by snapping at the referee time and time again and cursing at the referee! Gunn sent Waltman out to the floor with a clothesline and sent Waltman to the steel steps! Gunn rammed Waltman's head into the steel steps over and over again with the referee having to pull Gunn off of Waltman! They came into the ring and Waltman was able to score with a spinning back heel kick to Gunn! Waltman got a few near falls on Gunn but he couldn't keep the tag team expert down. Waltman went up top later in the match but Billy Gunn got up and tossed Waltman off the ropes right into the canvas! Gunn ran down Waltman with several clotheslines and scored with the Rocker Dropper! But Waltman had his foot on the ropes before the three count could be made. Waltman won this one after taking Billy down with a backslide, Waltman had his feet all over the ropes which allowed him to get the win! Afterwards, DiBiase and Waltman headed to the back while Billy Gunn stayed in the ring and threw a fit. Billy again cursed the referee!

82, 80, 84

The Million Dollar title has gained in image.

Interview with Rick Martel

We go to the interview area backstage where Michael Cole is standing by with Rick Martel.

Michael Cole- Rick Martel tonight you prepare to take on Goldust. A man who've faced before many times. But it seems as of late you and Owen Hart have been having some issues. Rick Martel you want a Intercontinental Championship match with Owen Hart. But Owen has said that he isn't giving you a title shot. Will you and Owen Hart ever wrestle for the Intercontinental Championship?

Rick Martel- I know Owen Hart is probably watching this and he's feeling pretty cocky. Owen you know you can't beat me in the ring. I've beaten you before and I should get the next title shot at you. Owen Hart you want to be a great champion? Then put the title on the line against me. Lets see if you can beat me one on one without any cheating or any help. Owen I'm going to get the next shot at you and I will become the new Intercontinental Champion. Everyone knows Rick Martel has got alot of years left in him. And what better way to celebrate my return than to become the Intercontinental Champion?

Michael Cole- Tonight it's you and Goldust one on one. You've beaten him before but Goldust is certainly a competitor you can't take too lightly in that ring. What can we expect between the two of you tonight?

Rick Martel- Believe it or not, I do respect Goldust. I think he's a great wrestler despite his mind games. I think he has all the tools to become a huge star. Hell he's been a Intercontinental Champion and even I haven't won the title! Goldust tonight don't try to play any of those mind games with me. I'm going out there to make a statement to Owen Hart and what better way to send a message to Owen by beating a former Intercontinental Champion?

Michael Cole- Fans up next Rick Martel takes on Goldust!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Rick Martel Vs. Goldust with Marlena

Owen Hart came down to ringside for commentary. Owen Hart made sure to say that Rick Martel would never get a title shot at the Intercontinental Championship while he's the champion. Martel and Goldust fought a pretty good back and fourth match up. Goldust's mind games didn't work on Martel here and Martel just hammered Goldust with right hands and clotheslined the bizarre one out to the floor as Owen kept reminding us that he's beaten Martel before in a one on one match up. Goldust was able to take the advantage after taking Martel down with a big powerslam. Goldust pounded Martel down and scored a few near falls on Martel. But Martel kept coming back and eventually caught Goldust with a huge clothesline. Martel scored with a few moves coming close to putting away Goldust. Martel took Goldust down with a spinebuster and locked Goldust into the Québec Crab! Before Goldust could tap out, Owen came into the ring with the Intercontinental Championship and nailed Martel with it causing a disqualification! Afterwards, Owen stomped down on Martel leaving Martel laid out. Owen posed with the title screaming "I'm the champion, Not you!"

86, 87, 86 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Money Mine take out Savio Vega!

We return from the break with Duke Droese and the woman from Monday night coming down to the ring. Droese and the woman get inside the ring and Droese is handed a microphone.

Duke Droese- I know all you poor people are booing me because you're jealous of me. Look at my nice clothes. Look at how much money I got. The fact is money matters. You're all just too stupid to realize that. Bit after all, Michigan is a poor run down state. You people in Auburn Hills, Michigan are just a bunch of street thugs. Hell I see more potential garbage men and prisoners in this crowd then I've ever seen in my life. Let me tell you people something. I used to be a damn garbage man. I was a filthy pig. Until I won my money. I went out got myself some nice clothes, Got a hair cut and shaved. I then got myself cars, boats and a big house. Last week we all saw me beat down that thug from Puerto Rico. That thug's name is Savio Vega. Savio Vega you're a nobody. You shouldn't be in the World Wrestling Federation. Savio Vega you're going to be poor your whole life. While I have made it big. Now last Monday night we all saw this beautiful lady show up during my match. Well she's my "financial backer" so to speak. She makes sure all of Duke Droese's money goes into the right place. She's now come to the World Wrestling Federation to help me with my career. And we got a huge treat tonight! Her name is Dawn Marie!

Dawn Marie- Thank you Duke. Now it's time for the era of The Money Mine to begin in the WWF. We have come here with all our money to show you people how good money can be. How good your life can be with money. We're here because.............

Dawn Marie is interrupted by the music of Savio Vega. Vega comes down to the ring looking ready for a fight! Savio gets inside the ring and goes right after Droese taking Droese down to the canvas! Savio hammers away on Droese! The fans start booing as two men come running down from the back. Mr. Perfect says one of the men is Johnny Swinger but he has no idea who the other one is. Both men get into the ring and attack Savio Vega as Dawn Marie watches. The two men send Savio for the ride and catch Savio with a flapjack/DDT combo! Droese tells them to put the boots to "that dog!" Swinger and the unnamed man start stomping away on Savio! They lift Savio up and Droese slaps Savio right across the face! Savio goes down to the canvas as the three men stand in the ring. Dawn Marie prepares to speak once again.

Dawn Marie- Now what can a group be without someone backing you up? You're looking at Johnny Swinger and Simon Diamond. Two men who Duke Droese has taken under his wing. I've made them millions already. And these two along with Duke Droese and myself will rule the World Wrestling Federation. The Money Mine is in control of the WWF. We're too powerful for anyone to take down. Those who stand in our way will be taken down just like Savio over there.

The music of The Money Mine plays as the four person group head to the back as Savio Vega is left out cold from his beating.

Simon Diamond debuted his new gimmick (obnoxious), it got a positive response.

Dawn Marie gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Backlund has a surprise for SummerSlam!

Sycho Sid's music hits the arena to a big ovation from the crowd as Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break. Sid comes down to the ring as Dok Hendrix goes over Sid's issues with Bob Backlund.

Sycho Sid- I'm not out here to talk about that freak Bob Backlund. I'm out here to talk about SummerSlam. Now it seems like I don't have a match for this huge event. I am one of the top superstars in the WWF and I have no match for SummerSlam. I should be fighting for the World Wrestling Federation Championship at SummerSlam but no! I want the WWF Championship around my waist. All these people want the title around my waist. I'm done playing around. I'm going to beat everyone who stands in my way until I'm given my title shot. I will show everyone why I am the master and why I am the ruler of the world! Everyone will know....................

The crowd starts booing as Bob Backlund's music starts playing. Bob Backlund stands on top of the stage with a psychotic look on his face holding a microphone.

Bob Backlund- Look who it is. It's the man who turned down Bob Backlund's offer. The foolish man who turned down the offer to become a huge star. The man who now has to pay for his actions. Sid you thought hitting me with a Powerbomb would slow me down? I might be sore but I'm going to be making your career in the World Wrestling Federation a nightmare for you. Sid it's time for you to learn a lesson. And at SummerSlam he's coming for you Sid! Sid he won't be wrestling you. Oh no he won't be coming after you for a fight. He's going to be coming after you to take you out once and for all. This man feels no pain. He's unbeatable in every way imaginable. Sid what are you going to do when he comes for you? You shouldn't have turned down my offer. Now you'll have to pay at his hands. Get ready Sid. Because at SummerSlam I'm bringing him for the whole world to see. And you'll be the first one to experience his wrath!

Bob Backlund drops the microphone down and heads to the back as his music plays. Sid stands in the ring and looks on as Hendrix wonders who's coming for Sid.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Sycho Sid hits a huge Choke Slam to "Party Boy"! (Monday Night Raw 7/29/96)

Vader and British Bulldog with James E. Cornette Vs. Shawn Michaels and Ultimate Warrior

The crowd was hot for this one. All four men started brawling inside the ring and Warrior took both Vader and Bulldog out to the floor with clotheslines and Michaels followed up by coming off the top with a huge moonsault to both Vader and Bulldog out on the floor! Michaels and Vader went back into the ring and Vader used his power advantage over the champion while Michaels used his quickness to take Vader down. Vader easily took Michaels out with a body avalanche bringing down the champion. Vader and Bulldog isolated Michaels from Warrior and pounded the heck out of the World Wrestling Federation Champion. Bulldog used his amazing power and taunted Warrior every time he'd knock down Michaels. Vader pounded Michaels with right hands in the corner. Each shot taking Michaels out of it! Michaels was finally able to tag in Warrior after taking out Bulldog with a DDT! Warrior got tagged in and all hell broke loose in Auburn Hills! All four men went at it with Michaels and Warrior getting the upper hand! Michaels ended up getting tagged back in leaving him with Vader while Bulldog and Warrior brawled all the way out into the crowd! Michaels took Vader down with the flying forearm and came off the top with the flying elbow drop! Michaels went to the corner and started tuning up the band! Before Michaels could hit Vader with Sweet Chin Music, Cornette grabbed Michaels' feet holding it not allowing Michaels to move! Michaels was able to deck Cornette off the apron but he walked right into a body avalanche from Vader! Vader quickly dragged Michaels to the corner and came off the second turnbuckle with the Vader Bomb to Michaels! Vader covered and scored the win! Cornette came into the ring with the WWF Championship and handed it to Vader. Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with Vader holding the belt standing over Michaels with Cornette shouting "It's Vader time!"

87, 90, 83 ***3/4

Overall Rating- 80

TV Rating- 7.44

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.99

Attendance- 7,021

Ticket Sales- $280,840

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.30

Attendance- 618

Ticket Sales- $18,540

SWF Friday

TV Rating- 1.07

Attendance- 455

Ticket Sales- $9,100

Notes

"Chavo Guerrero is not ready to be moved up the card, i had to work hard just to keep our match from falling apart."- Shawn Stasiak

"How about booking me against Sean Waltman? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like."- Marc Mero

News

- WCW have signed independent worker Butch to a written contract!

- Paul Heyman has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

- Torrie Wilson has agreed to an open contract with SWF!

- Norman Smiley has agreed to an open contract with SWF!

- Axl Rotten has agreed to an open contract with SWF!