World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

Guest BlockbusterMike

Nah, I just hype them up that way. I hype my champions that way too. Even if they've only held the title for a month or so, I hype them as the greatest of all time. I even hype most of my main events as the big ones, Like when I had Bob Holly in a main event. I still hyped it as the biggest main event. Just the way work, I guess..........

Guest Ryan Rage

Hey! Cant wait for the scenario to come out!

This is one of my favourite diarys and I can't wait for the Royal Rumble! I wish the real WWF in '96 was this way.

I have a question for all of the people who read this diary....What was your fav show?

Mine...I will get back too you!

user posted image

Date: December 23, 1996

Tonight Monday Night Raw comes live from San Diego, California. And we're going to witness a huge tag team main event. It's going to be the phenom of the World Wrestling Federation, Undertaker teaming up with the master and the ruler of the world, Sycho Sid to face the "King Of Harts" Owen Hart and Scott Steiner. All four men are entered in the 1997 Royal Rumble match and tonight they'll be in the ring! Who will come out on top tonight? Can these teams work together?

Last week we saw Cactus Jack confront the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels as the show was coming off the air, Tonight both men will be on Monday Night Raw! What will happen between these two men who are also entered in the Royal Rumble?

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Handicap Match

Loser/Losers Must Leave The World Wrestling Federation!

Jesse James Vs. Jeff Jarrett and Bob Armstrong

If James loses, Then his career is over. But if he wins, Then Jarrett and Armstrong are both gone! This is all or nothing for all three men! Who's career will end tonight on Monday Night Raw?

Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect Vs. Fatu and Yokozuna

Both these teams are big fan favorites. Martel and Perfect became an official team just last week, Tonight they face the biggest challenge of their WWF careers. Which tag team will come out on top tonight?

Mark Henry, Brian Adams and Brian Lee Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Steve Austin and Al Snow

This one should be a great six men tag team match up. Helmsley is the Intercontinental Champion, and he's joining the WWF Tag Team Champions. But they face a huge challenge, The "World's Strongest Man" and the former WWF Tag Team Champions. Which team will come out on top tonight?

Rocky Maivia Vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler

Rocky Maivia has been undefeated since making his debut at the Survivor Series, But tonight he takes on a veteran of the ring. Can Jerry Lawler end Rocky's undefeated streak? Or will he fall victim to the third generation superstar?

Undertaker and Sycho Sid Vs. Owen Hart and Scott Steiner

All four men are entered in the Royal Rumble, And all four men do not get along with each other. This one should be the wildest main event in Monday Night Raw history!

Shawn Michaels and Cactus Jack will also be on Monday Night Raw! Plus Bret Hart and Scott Hall! All this and much more on Monday Night Raw on the USA Network!

user posted image

Date: December 23, 1996

Attendance: 11,028

Ticket Sales: $441,120

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Undertaker and Sycho Sid taking on Owen Hart and Scott Steiner!

Handicap Match

Loser/Losers Must Leave The World Wrestling Federation!

Jesse James Vs. Jeff Jarrett and Bob Armstrong

McMahon and Ross kept making remarks about WCW and hinting Jarrett going there, Though they never called WCW by name. Armstrong and Jarrett jumped Jesse James right as James came into the ring. Both men worked over James in front of the referee. Double teaming James and stomping James down. Bob Armstrong was decent here, But his old age slowed him down here. James kept fighting, But Jarrett and Armstrong kept taking it to James. Jarrett worked over James' legs while Armstrong used chokes and stomps on James. McMahon said that two men could not be in there at the same time against James, But they were in there together for half of the match. James finally made the comeback and ran over his own father and Jarrett with a pair of clotheslines. James tossed Armstrong out to the floor and was left alone with Jarrett. Both men went at it, Trading right hands like mad men. James went for the Pump Handle Slam, But Jarrett caught him with a low blow behind the referee's back! Jarrett held James back as Armstrong came into the ring with a steel chair! The referee got shoved down by Armstrong! Armstrong then went to hit James, But he ducked and he accidentally took out Double J! James tossed Armstrong back out to the floor and covered Jarrett to score the win and end Jarrett's and Armstrong's careers! Jesse James posed in the ring while McMahon shouted that Jarrett and Armstrong are gone from the World Wrestling Federation!

69, 79, 75 **1/4

Jeff Jarrett lost overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scott Hall is ready for the 1997 Royal Rumble

Vince McMahon stands inside the ring as Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break.

Vince McMahon- We are live in San Diego, California! And it's been a wild night on Monday Night Raw! And tonight it's gonna get even more wild! We got a huge tag team main event tonight! Commissioner Ric Flair will be present! And we'll also hear from both the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels and Cactus Jack! But right now I'm gonna interview the current World Wrestling Federation Champion! The man who just eight days ago, Beat Shawn Michaels in one of the greatest matches in the history of the WWF! Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you Scott Hall!

Scott Hall comes down to the ring to a huge, Huge heel response. He has the WWF Championship around his waist, And walks down with that usual cocky look on his face. Scott Hall gets in the ring, And McMahon offers him a handshake, But Hall throws his toothpick at McMahon!

Vince McMahon- Thank you for joining me tonight on Monday Night Raw. These past few months have been quite amazing for you Scott Hall. First you came back to the WWF in September after months of being suspended for "unknown reasons", You attacked Shawn Michaels and made your goals, Your sights very clear. You wanted that WWF Championship and you wanted to beat the "Heart Break Kid" for it. In October you beat nine other men in a battle royal to be crowned the number one contender. Before the battle royal though, You beat down the Commissioner of the WWF! You beat down Ric Flair! And at the Survivor Series, You beat Shawn Michaels to become the new WWF Champion. And last Sunday night, You beat Shawn Michaels once again in a ladder match to retain the WWF Championship. You will now go to the Royal Rumble and defend the WWF Championship against Bret "The Hitman" Hart. 1996 has been quite the year for you, Hasn't it?

Scott Hall- You're damn right it has McMahon. 1996 has been the year of the outsider. It's been the year of this lone wolf right here. Everyone talked about how Scott Hall might have been out door in 1996. About how I could have packed my bags and gone down to Atlanta, I'm sure you yourself was hoping for the bad guy to leave the WWF, But McMahon that ain't happening! You can knock that stupid look off your face! You're just lucky I don't beat you down right here! You talk about "unknown reasons", We all know I got sent home because I was too real for the WWF. I was too real for these fans. I'm not like these idiots who suck up to the crowd, I tell it how it is! And the WWF didn't want me here! I came back and invaded this place, And you can't kick me out. You wanna know why? Because I got this right here around my waist. The World Wrestling Federation Championship! And you know that I ain't going anywhere. So you better get used to having Scott Hall in the WWF, And you better get used to me being the World Wrestling Federation Champion!

Vince McMahon- I never said I wanted you to go...........

Scott Hall- Please McMahon! I see the way you look at me. You don't want me hanging around, Well I'm here! If you got a problem with me, Don't think I won't hesitate to beat your ass! Now I suggest you get started asking these questions, Because I'm getting sick of looking at your stupid face and that stupid toupee of your's!

Vince McMahon- My question is, How do you feel about your match at the 1997 Royal Rumble against Bret "The Hitman" Hart? How do you feel about having to defend the WWF Championship against Bret Hart? Will you be able to beat him and retain your World Wrestling Federation Championship?

Scott Hall- I hear everyone talking about "The Hitman" and how he has the match in the bag. I'll admit to the fact that he's a great technical wrestler, Better than me even. But this won't be a wrestling match. He's gonna get in my face and I'm gonna knock him down on his ass with a right hand! He's gonna try to lock me into the Sharpshooter, But I ain't tapping out. He will not beat me. I'm gonna roll into the Royal Rumble and beat Bret Hart's ass. He might have been trained by some old man in some run down basement, But that won't make a difference. It's gonna be a fight and a fight is the last thing a Hart can do. You think his training is gonna matter McMahon? This is my World Wrestling Federation Championship. It's mine and all mine. Bret Hart might think he's taking it away from me, But he's not. I'm gonna beat him at the Royal Rumble, I'm gonna make him feel just like Shawn Michaels felt eight days ago. After I'm done beating you Bret, I'll go to Canada and beat your whole family. Scott Hall is gonna come out of the Royal Rumble still the WWF Champion. Bret you have to realize that your time is up. You have to remember that your days are over, It ended when HBK took your title. And it'll be a realization when I beat you at the Royal Rumble. I am the greatest World Wrestling Federation Champion of all time! Now McMahon, I'm done with this interview because quite frankly, I'm getting tired of looking at you! So the interview is done!

Scott Hall drops his microphone down and leaves the ring.

Vince McMahon- Ladies and gentlemen, Scott Hall!

Scott Hall poses on the entrance way with the WWF Championship around his waist.

Interview with Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect

We go to the back where Todd Pettengill is standing by with the tag team of Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel.

Todd Pettengill- Vince and JR, I am standing by with the newest tag team in the World Wrestling Federation, Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel. And tonight you two will take on the team of Yokozuna and Fatu in tag team action. You two have certainly been lighting the tag team scene on fire ever since becoming a tag team, And tonight can you two beat Fatu and Yokozuna?

Rick Martel- Ted, Can we beat Yokozuna and Fatu? Of course we can! I have had many tag team partners in the past, Tom Zenk, Tito Santana, And many other men. But no one has been as better as a partner than Mr. Perfect himself! Mr. Perfect isn't a quitter, We're going to strike some force right here tonight! Yokozuna, Fatu we respect the both of you. You two are two big men, Former WWF Tag Team Champions, Yokozuna is a former WWF Champion. But tonight you two are taking on the model of perfection. Yokozuna and Fatu will lose to this tag team to night. Mr. Perfect and myself are not gonna lose. We're undefeated in tag team action, We're the greatest tag team ever assembled in the WWF, And we're going to win tonight. Remember that we're the men that are going to be WWF Tag Team Champions very soon.

Mr. Perfect- Tom, It's real simple. You got every tag team in the World Wrestling Federation wanting something. And that something is the WWF Tag Team Championship. And me and Rick Martel are going to be getting those titles around our waists. Look at this team, Rick's a former Tag Team and Intercontinental Champion, And I've held that Intercontinental Championship twice in the past. This team is the real deal here in the WWF. Fatu and Yokozuna are two athletes I respect very much Tom, And tonight we're going to beat them. That's all there is to it. We got the brains, The bodies and the talent. We're the most talented tag team in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. When you look in the record books, You'll see our names as the greatest tag team ever in the WWF. And nobody, Including Al Snow and Steve Austin are going to be able to beat us! Now Tom, We gotta go! Come on Rick!

Martel and Perfect head off as we get a look off Pettengill, Who doesn't look too happy.

Todd Pettengill- It's Todd! Todd Pettengill!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect Vs. Fatu and Yokozuna

Yokozuna now wears clothes like Fatu. Including the little red hoodie. The crowd cheered for Martel and Perfect despite both teams being babyfaces. McMahon said that the winners could be the ones who'd challenge Steve Austin and Al Snow for the titles at the Royal Rumble. Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel came down to the ring to a huge ovation. McMahon called it out of this world. Yokozuna and Fatu kept tossing their smaller and older opponents around the ring. Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel tried to slam Yokozuna, But they failed big time. Fatu and Yokozuna isolated Mr. Perfect and worked over his back. Yokozuna teased Bonzai dropping Mr. Perfect's back, But Perfect kept moving out of the way. Fatu hit Perfect with a big time devastating belly to belly suplex, But Mr. Perfect was somehow able to kick out! The perfect one took out Fatu with a clothesline and put down Yokozuna with a DDT! This allowed him to tag in Rick Martel! The former model came into the ring and started to clean house. Rick Martel was able to send Yokozuna out to the floor with a big drop kick! Mr. Perfect hit Fatu with the Perfectplex, And Martel followed up by locking him into the Quebec Crab! Fatu quickly tapped out! Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect posed after the match ended with Jim Ross saying that these men could be future tag team champions of the world.

72, 81, 78 **3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Money Mine offers a spot to Bob Holly!

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with Bob Holly coming down to the ring to a good ovation from the fans. Bob Holly is handed a microphone and prepares to speak.

Bob Holly- You know, Ever since I came to the WWF I been loving my career here. I really have. I love being the WWF ring. It reminds me of when I was racing cars. But as of late, I feel that I haven't really done anything of note. I had a one day reign as the WWF Tag Team Champion and my partner went on to become bigger than me! And my partner was the 1-2-3 Kid for God's sake! Ted DiBiase chose him for The Corporation. I mean, I would never have gone to The Corporation. But how in the hell does someone like Sean Waltman become bigger than me? He's a twenty four year old kid! All he does is whine and cry! He's on the shelf right now with an injury, And yet everyone talks about him! How come no one talks about me? About Bob Holly? I came out here to tell everyone that 1997 will be my year. I'm gonna step up my game. I'm gonna hit the gym, I'm gonna do whatever it takes for Bob Holly to become a true superstar in the WWF! And I promise the world, That I will be a future World Wrestling Federation Champion! And........

The fans boo as The Money Mines music hits the arena. Dawn Marie leads the team of Duke Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger down to the ring as Bob Holly has a confused look on his face. Dawn Marie gets in the ring and grabs a microphone.

Dawn Marie- Bob Holly, I heard what you had to say. All of us in The Money Mine heard what you had to say. And we agree with you. We think you're a very unappreciated superstar here in the World Wrestling Federation. You have the talent. You have the look. But these fans do not appreciate you. They don't care about you. We in The Money Mine have been quite impressed with you Bob Holly. We have. We have been quite impressed with you. So we're here to offer you a spot in The Money Mine Bob. Think about it, You'll be in the biggest group in the WWF. Bob Holly, You belong with us. And you know it. Your future is with us in The Money Mine. You'll get everything you ever wanted with us. Duke Droese is already the current Million Dollar Champion. Mr. Diamond and Mr. Swinger are on their way to becoming the WWF Tag Team Champions, And you can become the Intercontinental Champion or the WWF Champion. You can become whatever you want Bob. So I am here asking you to join us. How about it Bob? Will join The Money Mine?

Bob Holly- Will I join The Money Mine? No! No way in hell! I don't like you guys! I'm better off on my own!

Dawn Marie- If that's the way you feel Bob...........

Dawn Marie steps aside as Droese, Diamond and Swinger jump Bob Holly! Bob Holly puts up a fight, Even knocking down all three men with a pair of right hands! But he's soon taken down by the Money Answer from Diamond and Swinger! They lift Holly up and send him to the ropes, Droese catches Holly with the Money Compactor! The Money Mine stands over Bob Holly's body as we go to a commercial break. McMahon says that no one can stop The Money Mine!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Mark Henry, Brian Adams and Brian Lee Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Steve Austin and Al Snow

Vince McMahon kept hyping the heel team as a dream team, Since they all hold titles. Helmsley is the Intercontinental Champion, And Snow and Austin are the WWF Tag Team Champions. Henry came down to the ring to a big ovation from the crowd. The announcers said that Henry hasn't been announced in the Royal Rumble as of yet. This one was a great six men tag team match up, And the crowd was into it big time. Adams and Lee went right after Austin and Snow. Ross said that Lee and Adams lost their titles without ever being pinned for it. Mark Henry gorilla slammed Snow, Austin and then Helmsley! Henry also ran right over all three opponents with clotheslines. Lee and Adams showed a more aggressive side here and pounded the tag team champions. Brian Lee was isolated after taking the Pedigree from Helmsley. But Helmsley didn't cover as he wasn't the legal man. Lee took a beating for a long time, Before hitting Helmsley with a snap DDT and making the hot tag to Mark Henry. Henry came into the ring and started cleaning house. Henry tossed the heels around the ring a few times and ran them down with clotheslines. Lee and Adams brawled with Austin and Snow on the outside, Leaving Henry and Helmsley alone in the ring. Helmsley went for the Pedigree, But Henry countered and back dropped Helmsley! Henry finished Helmsley off with the World's Strongest Slam to score the win. Henry, Adams and Lee then posed with all the titles.

77, 87, 86 ***1\2

Night Of Champions! Woooooooooooo!

We go to the office of Commissioner Ric Flair where we see the Commissioner sitting down on a big leather couch. With a TV in front of him.

Ric Flair- Wooooooooo! San Diego, California! Wooooooooo! The nature boy is here! The Commissioner of the WWF is here! Woooooooo! And have I got big news for all you fans of the World Wrestling by God Federation! Next week, Next week is gonna be the night of the champions! That's right! Night of the champions next week! Wooooooooo! Every single WWF Championship will be on the line! That means that Scott Hall, Duke Droese, Hunter Hearst Helmsley and the tag team of Al Snow and Steve Austin will all put their titles on the line next week! Woooooooo! Title matches! Title matches to finish off the final Monday Night Raw of 1996! This Friday night I'll name the number one contender for the WWF Championship. But next week, Will be the final Monday Night Raw of 1996! The final Monday Night Raw of the year! And it has been a hell of a year! And we're gonna finish it off right! Now then, I hope you fans have enjoyed tonight's show thus far, And enjoy the rest. Wooooooo!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Rocky Maivia Vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler

Rocky and Lawler had a pretty bad match, But the crowd was into it. Lawler started off taunting the young Rocky Maivia and telling Maivia he was gonna lose tonight. Rocky started off out wrestling Lawler and using quick arm drags and hip tosses. Rocky then taunted "The King" which got him a pretty big pop from the crowd. McMahon hyped up Lawler's past accomplishments in the WWF, But Jim Ross kept reminding us that Rocky Maivia is undefeated and has wins over Billy Gunn and Jacobs. Lawler had control of this one after he and Rocky wound up on the outside and Lawler introduced Rocky to the steel steps. Lawler teased going for the Piledriver twice, But Rocky countered it twice, Once into a back body drop and the other time, Into a catapult which sent Lawler right into the turnbuckles! Rocky made the comeback and took down Jerry Lawler with several quick drop kicks. Rocky came off the top with a high cross body but instead of covering Lawler, He called for the Third Generation Syndrome! Lawler got up to his feet and Rocky came off the ropes, Grabbing Lawler's head and driving it down to the canvas with the Third Generation Syndrome! Rocky covered to score the win over Jerry Lawler! Rocky Maivia then posed as McMahon kept shouting that his undefeated streak is still alive tonight on Monday Night Raw!

66, 79, 63 *

Bret Hart is also ready for the Royal Rumble

We cut to the back where we see Bret "The Hitman" Hart standing by, Behind a big WWF logo.

Bret Hart- The Royal Rumble is nearing. Everyone is talking about the Royal Rumble match and the WWF Championship match between myself and Scott Hall. I heard your comments Hall. Like always, All you do is talk trash. You bash the fans who made you. You bash the company that made you into a WWF Superstar. You bash the announcers. And you bash my father. You're making this a whole lot personal than it has to be Scott Hall. Because this match is for the WWF Championship. And I think that deep down, You're afraid of me. You're afraid of losing that WWF Championship to me. Because you know it can happen in a heart beat. Because unlike Shawn Michaels, I'm not gonna kick you in the face. I'm gonna grab your legs and take down to the canvas and lock you into the Sharpshooter. The move you tapped out to in 1993. The move you tapped out to at the 1993 Royal Rumble. You wanna make it personal? It's all right with me. I am not afraid of you. The Royal Rumble will be the night where I win my fourth WWF Championship. And then, I'm heading into Wrestlemania 13 as the World Wrestling Federation Championship. But unlike Wrestlemania XII, I'm leaving still the WWF Champion. You will find out on January 19th why I am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cactus Jack and Shawn Michaels, Face to face!

Shawn Michaels' music comes on as we return from the commercial break. The "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels comes down to the ring to a huge ovation from this crowd. Shawn Michaels is still selling the affects of the ladder match from eight days ago, Limping on his way down to the ring. McMahon reminds us that Michaels fell from a fifteen foot ladder all the way to the concrete floor just eight days ago! Shawn Michaels is handed a microphone after he's done posing.

Shawn Michaels- So the big talk in the WWF is the 1997 Royal Rumble. The match where I'm going to win for a third straight year. The match where HBK will make history. No one else in the WWF has even won two years in a row, Well except some red and yellow freak down in Atlanta, But he never won at as the first man in the match. I'm the only man currently in the WWF to have won back to back Royal Rumble matches. And I'm going for my third straight Royal Rumble on January 19th. And I will win the Royal Rumble and go to Wrestlemania 13 to win back my WWF Championship. And last week that freak Cactus Jack got in my face. I don't know what's the problem with you Cactus Jack, But you wanna fight? You'll get one! Anytime, Anywhere! I hope you and I are the first two men in the Royal Rumble match. I'll personally toss you out over that top rope. You might have some problem with me, But I wanna end it before it results into something big. I don't know why you're sticking your nose in my business, But if you want a match. Come on down here Jack! We don't need to wait! Lets get it on tonight! You're Mr. Extreme aren't you? The guy that got blown up? The guy that got half an ear torn off? Well, Lets see how much of a bad ass you are against me and the Kliq! And............

Cactus Jack comes down from the back interrupting Shawn Michaels. The crowd boos as Jack makes his way into the ring. Jack and Michaels get face to face.

Cactus Jack- It's good to be here face to face with you Michaels. You wanna know why I interrupted you last week? You're acting all shocked about it, But you shouldn't be. I told you last week that you're everything that makes me sick to my stomach. You come out here and brag. That's all you do. You might have a these fans, But you're nothing Shawn Michaels! You're nothing but scum! You come out here and all you do is talk and these fans love you. What about me? When I talk, These fans boo me! They throw garbage at me! No one has ever cheered for me like they cheer you! No one has ever taken the time to appreciate me like they appreciate you Shawn Michaels. And why is that? What's wrong with me? What's wrong with Cactus Jack? Why must these fans disrespect me? Why can't they cheer for me? You get by on your fans. You make me sick! You never sacrificed what I have! Look at me! And look at you! Who's the man with scars all over his body? Who's the man who's been burned? Who's the man who's bled every day? Me! And yet you're the one who's been the WWF Champion. You get things your way. That's the kind of man you are. You walk over other peoples hard work. People like me Shawn Michaels! Did you ever take the time to talk to me? No you didn't! You only hang out with the people these fans like! You and your so called Kliq! How come I don't have my own fans? How come my fans don't have a cool catchy name? You're everything that is wrong with the WWF! You're what's wrong with the wrestling sport! You never sacrificed what I have sacrificed. Every week you come out here and dance, You come out here and kiss up to these fans. I'm gonna tell you something right now Shawn. It's personal between us. More personal than you can think. And it won't end until you're not gonna be able to walk ever again! It won't end until you can never step into this ring. I will hurt you, And I will make sure you never wrestle in the World Wrestling Federation again!

Shawn Michaels- If you wanna leave me crippled so badly, Lets do this tonight! Come on Cactus! You're a big man when you're talking, But can you back it up?

Cactus Jack- I can do more than back it up Shawn. But we're not gonna fight now. I'm gonna leave you waiting, Waiting until our match does take place. And when it does, You will know what true pain is like. For now, I'll see your ass at the Royal Rumble!

Cactus Jack drops his microphone down and leaves the ring. McMahon is shocked at the comments made by Jack. Shawn Michaels stands in the ring with a serious look on his face as Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Christian Cage hits a big time tornado DDT to Steve Blackman to score the win! (Superstars 12/22/96)

Undertaker and Sycho Sid Vs. Owen Hart and Scott Steiner

This one had a very hot crowd. Undertaker's entrance got the biggest ovation of the night. Despite Undertaker not being in the title picture as of right now, He's still one of the most over wrestlers in the company. Some could argue that he's more over than Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, Who were both constantly in the title picture this year. Especially Hart who's been in the WWF Championship picture ever since winning it in 1992, Four years ago! Sid and Steiner are the only bad ones of the bunch, With Steiner not being as bad as Sid. But Undertaker and Owen Hart turned up their games in this awesome main event match up. Which was hyped as the biggest main event in Monday Night Raw history by the announcers. Undertaker and Sid stared down each other, Looking like they were going to get into a fight, But they went right after Owen and Steiner! Sid tossed Owen out to the floor while Undertaker tossed out Scott Steiner! All four men got into a brawl on the outside of the ring, Which resulted in Owen getting back dropped on the padded floor and Steiner getting his head rammed into the steel ring post several times! Owen and Steiner finally regained control of this match after Owen caught Sid with the enziguri kick. Which got a few "ohs and aws" from the crowd. Jim Ross reminded us of what that enziguri kick did to the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels last year. Owen and Steiner gave Sid a pounding here, With Steiner press slamming the 322 pound Sycho Sid! Owen used his technical skills and worked over Sid's legs, Sid was able to Choke Slam Owen and tag in Undertaker while Steiner got tagged in. Undertaker was all rilled up as he came into the ring and started to clean house. Owen and Steiner went down by right hands from the phenom. Sid booted Owen to the outside as the match was coming to an end. Undertaker Choke Slammed Scott Steiner and then finished him off with the Tombstone. Monday Night Raw went off the air with Undertaker and Sid celebrating their win. Vince McMahon was going crazy at the announce position, Asking who would win the 1997 Royal Rumble.

82, 95, 86 ***3/4

Overall Rating- 80

TV Rating- 8.00

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 7.05

Attendance- 7,706

Ticket Sales- $308,240

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Fatu

"Rocky Maivia and Jerry Lawler didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?" -Pat Patterson

"I would like to work with Vader at some stage, i think you'd be impressed with the results." -Ahmed Johnson

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

"I would like to work with Vader at some stage, i think you'd be impressed with the results." -Ahmed Johnson

LOL, oh, that crazy Ahmed Johnson. He's funny.....

That'd be a stiff match....

Loved the WCW thing, btw.

Wasn't Lance Storm part of your WWF Hewey? I remember the Thrillseekers being on Superstars....

The Thrillseekers were in WWF, but Hewey let them go as he didn't need them and they were pretty much jobbers there whole "careers".

That aside, good show. I am not really into Sid/Steiner, and even Owen seems to be getting stale. But it's nice to see Boob Holly showing some charecter and a feud with Money Mine will be great for both sides. Who would have thought Duke Drose could ever get over:-p

Raw should be good, and I exspect a few title changes... at least one.

Guest Prototype

Good show. Looking froward to the Rumble and next week's night of champions. I see Mark Henry getting an IC title shot, but hopefully you dont put the title on him.

The Thrillseekers were in WWF, but Hewey let them go as he didn't need them and they were pretty much jobbers there whole "careers".

That aside, good show. I am not really into Sid/Steiner, and even Owen seems to be getting stale. But it's nice to see Boob Holly showing some charecter and a feud with Money Mine will be great for both sides. Who would have thought Duke Drose could ever get over:-p

Raw should be good, and I exspect a few title changes... at least one.

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Date: December 27, 1996

Tonight is the final episode of Friday Night Mayhem this year. The final Friday Night Mayhem of 1996. And tonight Commissioner Ric Flair will be in Sacramento. And Commissioner Ric Flair will be naming the opponent for Scott Hall this Monday night. Who will be the man that gets a title shot against Scott Hall on Monday Night Raw? There's certainly some big names who would all love to get a shot at Scott Hall's WWF Championship this Monday night. But only one will be chosen!

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Suicide Blonds Vs. Island Boyz

Both these tag teams have been amazing since debuting, Tonight it's gonna be a tough battle between two young teams who are looking to climb the ladder here in the tag team scene in the WWF. Which team will get the win?

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Disco Inferno

Ahmed Johnson has had a great year, The people's champion has run right over everyone since making his debut last year. He's looking to finish off 1996 with a bang, Tonight he has the chance to, By defeating the Disco Inferno!

Marc Mero Vs. Billy Gunn

These two men have had some big battles in the past, Both men hold wins over the other. But tonight will be the final time they meet this year, Which man will get the big win tonight? With Sunny and Sable being at ringside, Anything can happen!

Vader Vs. The Candyman

Vader has been another man who's run right over everyone who's been put in his way. The big man holds wins over the likes of Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart. But tonight he takes on the fan favorite, The Candyman! Can Vader pull off the win? Or will we see an upset?

Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman Vs. PG-13

Both teams are looking to prove something tonight, Both teams will no doubt be wanting this win as the year comes to a close. Which team will score the big win tonight on the final Friday Night Mayhem of the year?

Commissioner Ric Flair will also name the man who will challenge Scott Hall for the World Wrestling Federation Championship on Monday Night Raw!

Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect will also be in Sacramento!

All this and much more on UPN!

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Date: December 27, 1996

Attendance: 11,046

Ticket Sales: $441,840

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix are standing by. They hype up tonight's big show!

Ric Flair announces tonight's main event!

We go right to the office of Commissioner Ric Flair where we see the Commissioner standing by, Flair is at his desk working on some papers. He sees the camera and begins to talk.

Ric Flair- Wooooooooo! It's the last Friday Night Mayhem of the year! And tonight we're going to go out with a bang! This Monday night is the night of champions! Every title will be put on the line! And tonight we will decide who the number one contender for the World Wrestling Federation Championship! The winner will go on to this Monday night and face Scott Hall for the title. The winner will meet Scott Hall on Monday Night Raw for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Tonight it'll be a four corners match up. Four men have the chance to get the title shot this upcoming Monday night. It will be Undertaker versus Sycho Sid versus Owen Hart versus Scott Steiner in tonight's main event! And the winner faces Scott Hall for the title this Monday night! I wish all the men in that match good luck tonight! You're all gonna need it! Wooooooooo!

Suicide Blonds Vs. Island Boyz

The announcers kept mentioning that the winners could go on to Monday Night Raw and meet Al Snow and Steve Austin for the WWF Tag Team Championship. The Suicide Blonds got their toughest match here. Ekmo and Kimo jumped the young men from behind to get this match started. Quite a good match up here, The crowd was dead for it after Ric Flair's big announcement, But this one had it all. Ekmo and Kimo took control of the match after catching Christian Cage with a double flapjack. Cage was very high in the air for that one. Ekmo and Kimo continued pounding Cage in front and behind the referee's back. Kimo and Ekmo used a brutal powerbomb/neck breaker combo to Cage that turned Cage inside out! Luckily, Copeland was able to make the save. Ekmo and Kimo continued beating down Cage and later in the match, They went for the Super Samoan Drop, But Cage took Kimo out with a DDT and then dropped Ekmo down with a big time tornado DDT! Cage made the tag to Copeland who came into the ring and started cleaning house! Copeland gave the Island Boyz a pair of spinning heel kicks and Cage followed up by connecting with a double reverse sit down DDT to both men. Copeland and Ekmo were left inside the ring while Kimo fought Cage on the outside. Copeland scored with the Inner Rage to Ekmo to score the win. The Suicide Blonds posed inside the ring while the Island Boyz headed to the back. The announcers mentioned that Copeland and Cage are still undefeated.

72, 58, 86 **3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Disco Inferno

Disco Inferno has never wrestled on the main shows if memory serves me correctly. The crowd began to boo him when he started doing his disco dancing and taunted Ahmed Johnson. Disco jumped Johnson to get this one going. Disco used chokes and kicks in the corner, But they had no affect on Johnson who tossed Disco down! The announcers kept asking if maybe, Ahmed Johnson was the one who would get a shot at the Intercontinental Championship against Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Since Johnson holds a win over Helmsley in the past. Disco kept using choke holds and sleepers through out the match, Johnson made the comeback and caught Disco coming off the ropes with a big time spinebuster! Ahmed Johnson pulled Disco Inferno up and hit the Pearl River Plunge for the win. Ahmed Johnson then celebrated and yelled Flair! Give me Helmsley's punk ass for the people's Intercontinental Championship on Monday Night Raw!

71, 73, 69 *1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect want the title shot, But Snow and Austin aren't handing out no title shots!

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with the tag team of Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel coming down to the ring to a huge ovation from the crowd. Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect come down to the ring looking as serious as ever.

Mr. Perfect- We're out here tonight to lay an open challenge. We're out here to make an open challenge to two men. The current World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions, Al Snow and Steve Austin. These two men are two time WWF Tag Team Champions. These two men, I admit are two of the best wrestlers in the WWF today. They're a excellent, No great tag team in the WWF! One of the best champions in a long time! But you two aren't the perfect tag team in the WWF. That's us right here! Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect! The best tag team ever put together in the WWF. Rick Martel and myself are tired of waiting, We've run right over every tag team that's been put against us. So Austin, Snow put those titles on the line against us! Rick Martel and myself want those WWF Tag Team Championship belts. And we want them around our waists! So Austin and Snow, How about this Monday night you put those belts on the line against the two of us?

Rick Martel- Austin and Snow, You two are the best tag team in the WWF. Right now. It's true. Because you got those titles around your waists. But Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel are gonna beat you two for the of you for those titles. We're gonna be known as the greatest tag team in the WWF. And we need those titles around our waists to prove it. So how about on Monday Night Raw, The night of champions you put those titles on the line against us? Tag team match for the titles this Monday night. Can you two be able to beat us? Be men and accept our challenge! Come on! You two call yourselves the best tag team in the WWF, Prove it by beating us!

Steve Austin and Al Snow's music hits the arena to big heat from the fans. The crowd boos as both Austin and Snow stand on the entrance way, With their titles over their shoulders. Both men are holding microphones in their hand.

Al Snow- You know something Steve? I thought I heard the sounds of walkers in the back. I guess these two fossils need them to walk down to the ring. See, You two might think you're the perfect team, Or the model team. Or whatever the hell you think you are. But we're the elite tag team here in the World Wrestling Federation. Look at our track record. We beat The Godwinns, The Smoking Gunns, And every other tag team that stood in our way. There's a reason why we're two time WWF Tag Team Champions, We're the very best! And we're not gonna embarrass ourselves by putting our titles on the line against you two old men. You two are washed up has beens! And on Monday Night Raw, We'll put the gold on the line against a team truly worthy of getting a shot at our titles. Not you two fossils. If you wanna hold gold, I suggest you go to Atlanta. That's where all the has beens are! And that's where you belong. You guys look at the titles over our shoulders, That's as close as you'll ever come to getting these titles.

Steve Austin- I think these two are only a tag team because they know they're never get anywhere in a singles career. So they wanna try their luck in the WWF Tag Team division? Don't you two know that we're the champions? This isn't the old men tag team division. It's about competition and being the best. And we're the best. It doesn't matter how old you two are, Because God knows you two are old! We're the best tag team in the WWF. Al Snow and Steve Austin. Two time WWF Tag Team Champions. You two are nothing. So no, You won't get a chance to get the titles this Monday night. But I'll tell you what, If you two want tag team gold. Go down to the retirement down the street and wrestle the seniors there. I'm sure you'll be able to take them...... Maybe! You two will never get a shot at these titles as long as Steve Austin and Al Snow are the tag team champions!

Al Snow and Steve Austin pose with their titles on top of the entrance way. The crowd boos as Austin and Snow head to the back with the titles. Coachman asks who will meet Austin and Snow for the titles on Monday Night Raw, Could it be Perfect and Martel?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Marc Mero with Sable Vs. Billy Gunn with Sunny

Billy Gunn and Marc Mero have fought plenty of times this year. And the crowd is always into their matches. This one was another good match between both men. Both Mero and Gunn started off trying to out wrestle the other, With Mero winning. Billy got frustrated and slapped Mero in the face! Mero responded by with a slap to Billy's face and then back dropped Billy! Mero had control of this one early on, Keeping Billy down with drop kicks, Using his quickness to his favor. Mero tossed Billy out to the floor and went for a plancha, But Billy caught Mero and rammed Mero back first into the steel ring post! Billy followed up again by ramming Mero two more times back first into the steel ring post! Sunny even got a few cheap shots on Mero while Billy jawed with Sable. Billy Gunn worked over Mero's back in the ring and ended up applying a long camel clutch to Mero. Mero eventually fought back and started taking it to Billy. Mero hit Billy Gunn with a knee right to the face and went up top. Mero took too long up top which allowed Billy to shake the ropes and crotch Mero on the top turnbuckle! Billy went up top with Mero and hit a superplex! But Mero somehow hooked Billy's legs and scored the three! Mero and Sable headed to the back while Billy and Sunny threw a fit.

83, 86, 77 **3/4

Someone else claims to be the 1997 Royal Rumble winner

A video begins to air hyping up Goldust. It shows Goldust executing the Curtain Call on several wrestlers, Including "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon. Clips are shown of Goldust's matches with Razor as well as his matches with men like Shawn Michaels, Sycho Sid, Undertaker and Ultimate Warrior. The video ends and we're taken to the backstage area where Marlena and Goldust are standing by.

Marlena- It's been a long time hasn't it Goldust? It's been a long time since you enjoyed success. The Intercontinental Championship was only around your waist for a month. Until that beast Razor took it back. And he had you in the process. He hurt one of Hollywood's best actors in the process. As a director, I feel that the World Wrestling Federation owes alot to this man. Goldust has brought alot to the table in the World Wrestling Federation. And with the Royal Rumble coming up, We got everyone talking about men like Undertaker, Sycho Sid and others winning it. Goldust has a big advantage. No one knows the men in the WWF quite like Goldust.

Goldust- Marlena, I'm sick and tired......

Marlena- Sick and tired of what?

Goldust- Sick and tired of everyone in the WWF forgetting about me. Forgetting about the greatest stage man ever in the WWF. Everyone seems to be overlooking me and my uniqueness. And that's what's going to cost twenty nine other men the 1997 Royal Rumble. Goldust has been overlooked for too long. Everyone seems to have forgotten that I am a former Intercontinental Champion. A man who beat the current WWF World Champion. See, The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist. I do exist. I am very much a reality. And at the Royal Rumble, I will be unleashed. I will come out the winner and go on to Wrestlemania 13 and get the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Twenty nine other men are gonna have to deal with me. Can those twenty nine other men handle the truth about Goldust? Can they handle the new Goldust? We'll see won't we Marlena? Everyone in the Royal Rumble will find out that Goldust has come to win, And I will win. Goldust is ready for January 19th, And Goldust will be the winner of the Royal Rumble. 1997 will be my year, And no one will ever forget the name of Goldust ever again.

Marlena- To everyone in the Royal Rumble, Good luck. You'll be needing it. Goldust is gonna unleash it all on January 19th.

Marlena gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Vader Vs. The Candyman

Poor Candyman, First he was Aldo Montoya the Portuguese Man 'O War. Now he's stuck with another shitty gimmick. Atleast he gets to eat candy I guess. The Candyman took it to Vader, Trying to knock down the big man with drop kicks and right hands. But Vader wouldn't budge. Finally, Vader almost took off The Candyman's head with a clothesline! Vader pounded The Candyman in the corner with big right hands. Vader then hit The Candyman with a avalanche in the corner! Vader quickly powerbombed The Candyman down and hit the Vader Bomb for the win. After the match was over, Vader hit two more Vader Bombs to The Candyman! Vader then went up top and hit a moonsault to The Candyman! Vader left the ring while officials and paramedics came to check on The Candyman. The announcers said we'd probably never see The Candyman again after this beating. This was a way to get The Candyman off of TV, And give Polaco a new character.

77, 75, 80 **3\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bob Holly runs Duke Droese out of Sacramento!

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese hits to boos from the crowd. The Million Dollar Champion walks down to the ring without his fellow members of The Money Mine. Droese comes into the ring and poses with the Million Dollar Championship. Duke Droese is handed a microphone to big heat from this crowd.

Duke Droese- Hello to all my fans in Sacramento! And I say special hello to all the rich ones here in California! Last Monday night we all saw what happened in this very ring. The Money Mine offered that loser Bob Holly a spot in this group. We told him we could make him a winner for once in his life. But what did he do? He turned us down! He actually had the nerve to turn us in The Money Mine down! Bob Holly you are a loser! We offered you a chance to be someone. We offered you a chance to become something. But you turned us down. And why did you turn us down? Is it because you like these fans? Forget the fans Bob! Forget them! I tried to please the fans, I did. And I was a damn garbage man for these idiots! And no one gave a damn about me! I had to chance myself. I chanced everything. Bought a huge house, Got a hair cut. Got a better wardrobe. And oh yeah, Before that happened, I became filthy, Stinking rich! Good things don't happen to hard workers Holly. It happens when you make yourself make them happen. You will never be anything with your little attitude Bob. You have to forget the fans! You have to forget the fans and move on. You will never be a winner with the fans backing you up. You had a chance to become something Bob, But you turned it down. So now this Monday night, You'll face me for my Million Dollar Championship. And I will beat you. You had your chance to join us, But you chose not to. Now, You're gonna get what you have coming. I will beat you. And after I'm done kicking your butt, You will realize what being a hero will get you nowhere. It's all about the money Bob. And I got it all. And you will fall down! And then, The Money Mine will take all the titles in the World Wrestling Federation. One year from now, I promise the world that I will be the World Wrestling Federation Champion! And you can take that to the bank! And.........

Bob Holly's music hits the arena to cheers as Bob Holly comes down to the ring. Holly looks to be in bad shape after getting beat down by The Money Mine on Monday Night Raw. Holly comes into the ring and grabs a microphone.

Duke Droese- Hang on Bob! Now there's no need for a fight. You'll get your shot at the Million Dollar Championship on Monday Night Raw! There's no need to fight me now! You don't want any of this! You........

Bob Holly- You shut your pie hole and listen to what I have to say! Last Monday night you and your little pathetic group came down to the ring and offered me a spot in The Money Mine. Now, Am I sorry for not accepting your offer? Heck no! See Duke Droese, The fact of the matter is that nobody is gonna need to watch Bob Holly's back. And if I ever did get someone to watch my back, It wouldn't be you and your little group. I don't need anyone telling me what to do either. So you and The Money Mine can take your offer and shove it! And on the final Monday Night Raw of the year, I will kick your butt and take your Million Dollar Championship. And there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it. 1997 will be the year of Bob Holly. It'll be the year where I beat everyone that stands in my way. And to finish off 1996, I'm gonna beat you!

Duke Droese- You think so Holly? Let me tell you something you moron, You had the chance to be a winner. To be a champion! But you turned it down! You're nothing more than a moron from Alabama! And you make me sick! You wanna know how sick you make me? I spit at your face!

Droese spits right at Bob Holly's face! Holly responds by knocking Droese down with a right hand! Droese gets back up, And Holly knocks him back down with another right hand! Holly grabs the Million Dollar Championship and hits Droese right in between the eyes with it! Droese rolls out to the floor and Holly baseball slides him right in the face! Taking down Duke Droese! Holly grabs Droese and sends Droese right into the steel guardrail! Holly then rams Droese head first into the steel ring steps! Holly and Droese begin to slug it out! Droese cheap shots Holly in the gut and begins to run towards to the back! Holly chases Droese! Holly and Droese end up in the parking lot with Holly pummeling Droese with right hands! Holly sends Droese face first into the steel garage door! Holly grabs Droese by the head and again rams Droese head first into the garage! Droese low blows Holly as Holly was gonna pick him up! Droese gets inside a limo and starts it up! Droese quickly drives out of the garage as we're left with a shot of Holly.

Bob Holly- This Monday night Duke, You and me. I'm gonna kick your butt!

Bob Holly walks off as we go to a commercial break with the announcers wondering who's limo Duke Droese took.

Bob Holly gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman Vs. PG-13

What a awesome tag team match up. PG-13 came down doing a rap which ended with them saying 1997 would be their year and they would hold the WWF Tag Team Championship. Benoit and Pillman started off getting taunted by both Wolfie D and JC Ice. They responded by nailing both men with right hands, Knockign them down. The action was everywhere during this match. In the early portions of the match we saw Wolfie D come off the ropes with a huge dive to Benoit on the outside! Pillman then hit both members of PG-13 with a high cross body to the outside! Benoit and JC Ice went into the ring where we saw Benoit destroy JC Ice with a pair of German suplexes. PG-13 finally turned things around with a double neck breaker to Benoit. PG-13 used more double team moves like a double legsweep and double suplex to try to put away the Canadian crippler. Benoit was isolated for a long time until he took out both PG-13 members with a double clothesline and tagged in Brian Pillman. Pillman came into the ring and started to clean house. The ending came when Wolfie D got thrown out to the floor, Leaving JC Ice alone with Benoit and Pillman. Benoit came off the top with the Diving Headbutt to JC Ice, And Pillman followed with Air Pillman to score the win. Pillman and Benoit then celebrated on the turnbuckles, Coachman asked if maybe it would be Pillman and Benoit challenging for the WWF Tag Team Championship on Monday Night Raw.

91, 82, 100 ****3/4

Tonight's The Undertaker's night!

We cut to the back where we see The Undertaker standing by.

Undertaker- Tonight's the night the creatures of the night have been waiting for. The creatures of the night have been waiting for The Undertaker to get his chance to become the number one contender. And tonight is the night where I will accomplish that. Tonight I step into the ring with three men. Three men who all want the same thing, The shot at Scott Hall's World Wrestling Federation Championship. And tonight those three men will all go down. Owen Hart, Scott Steiner and Sycho Sid, Your fates have already been revealed. All three of you will look into the eyes of The Undertaker, And you will all lose. Tonight is my night. Tonight is the night where I will pin one of you and head into Monday Night Raw to get a shot at the WWF Championship. And this Monday night is the night where the World Wrestling Federation Championship finally comes back around my waist. It's been five long years. Five years since that title has been around my waist, 1996 will end with me pinning Scott Hall to become the new World Wrestling Federation Champion. Tonight these three men will all meet their match. Tonight is the night of The Undertaker. Nobody can stop me. Nobody can stop my creatures of the night. Tonight three men will all rest in peace...........

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Mark Henry beats the Intercontinental Champion with the World's Strongest Slam! (Monday Night Raw 12/23/96)

Four Corners Match

Winner Meets Scott Hall On Monday Night Raw For The World Wrestling Federation Championship

Undertaker Vs. Owen Hart Vs. Sycho Sid Vs. Scott Steiner

Non elimination format here. First man to score the pin fall wins, So all four men went at it like crazy here. Several close near falls happened here. Owen and Steiner tried to work together, But that quickly ended when Steiner hit Owen with a stiff clothesline. Owen came really close to getting the win when he locked Sid into the Sharpshooter. Sid came close to tapping out, But Undertaker made the save. The match continued with all four men going at it. Undertaker Choke Slammed Sid, But Steiner broke up the count. Later on, It was Steiner giving Undertaker a big overhead suplex, But Sid had to break it up. Undertaker and Owen Hart ended up on the floor as the match was coming to an end. Steiner got caught by a huge Choke Slam from Sid! Sid called for the Powerbomb! Undertaker and Owen were too busy brawling which allowed Sid to Powerbomb Scott Steiner and score the one, two, three to become the number one contender! Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with Sycho Sid posing to a huge ovation. Sycho Sid meets Scott Hall for the World Wrestling Federation Championship this Monday night!

92, 95, 86 ***3/4

Overall Rating- 83

TV Rating- 7.59

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 1.97

Attendance- 7,742

Ticket Sales- $309,680

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.96

Attendance- 1,101

Ticket Sales- $33,030

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Christian Cage

"Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman work well together as a team, it adds to their matches." -Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Sycho Sid

"I was thinking, how about giving me some matches with Steve Austin? I think we'd be able to do some good work together given the chance." -Shawn Michaels

News

- Meng has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

- Tank Abbott has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

OOC: The " See, The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist. I do exist." was actually something Goldust said back in 2002 or so, I remembered it and decided it would fit with the interview.

So the Master and the Ruler of the World vs. The Bad Guy for the gold... sounds like an In Your House main event. OWEN HART FOR CHAMP, make him win the Rumble... please? And about the Goldust thing, I use a lot of good lines from the WCW, ECW, and some old WWF things to make my promos better. Good job Hewey, keep up the good work as always and cant wait for Night of Champions.

user posted image

Date: December 29, 1996

Attendance: 11,024

Ticket Sales: $440,960

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up tonight's main event of Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon Vs. The Quebecers!

Jacobs with Bob Backlund Vs. The Magician

Jacobs dominated the whole entire match up here. The Magician sold pretty well for Jacobs, Even though they do dislike each other in real life. Jacobs tossed The Magician around the ring several times and kept using chokes and stomps on The Magician. The announcers barely talked about the match, Instead they talked about tomorrow night's Monday Night Raw, Hyping it was the biggest Monday Night Raw ever. Jacobs won after hitting The Magician with the Powerbomb Of Pain. After the match ended, Jacobs Choke Slammed The Magician!

68, 56, 80 **1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hardy Boyz Vs. Bull Buchanan and Mike Lockwood

This one was a great tag team match up, But the crowd was also dead for it. The Hardy Boyz showed some unique double team tactics here and took it to the team of Buchanan and Lockwood. Lockwood and Buchanan are glorified jobbers for now, But 1997 could hold big things for both men. As well as the Hardy Boyz, Who hold a win over the team of Al Snow and Steve Austin. Matt Hardy scored the win with a roll up on Lockwood.

74, 56, 93 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

John Bradshaw Vs. Chris Kanyon

The crowd was into this match more than the previous two, Kanyon got some good heat despite being a lower card wrestler. Bradshaw and Kanyon put on a great showing, Kanyon kept getting his ass handed to him in the beginning, Until catching the big Texan with a swinging neck breaker. Kanyon used alot of innovative offensive maneuvers here, Scoring several near falls on Bradshaw. Bradshaw won after hitting Kanyon with the Clothesline From Texas out of nowhere to score the win. The announcers hyped Bradshaw as a favorite in the Royal Rumble match, Despite him not being entered as of yet.

76, 68, 85 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Goldust with Marlena Vs. Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

The announcers were really hyping Goldust up here, The announcers said that Goldust has a new attitude and he could win the 1997 Royal Rumble. Goldust and Neidhart put on a decent showing which had the crowd into it. Goldust kept playing his usual gay character, But with some added violent. Like he did before Wrestlemania XII, When his push got killed by Hall. (Which is odd, Those two formed a friendship relationship, After Hall kept bitching.) Goldust wins after putting down "The Anvil" with the Curtain Call. Goldust then celebrated and shouted that he was going to win the Royal Rumble.

77, 81, 70 *3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Vader destroys The Candyman with the Vader Bomb! (Friday Night Mayhem 12/27/96)

Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon Vs. The Quebecers

An excellent way to finish off Superstars. This is of course the final episode of Superstars, The WWF will be running "Raw Saturday Night" on the USA Network on Saturday evenings. The Quebecers had Furnas isolated through out the match and used dirty tactics to try to put away Furnas. The announcers kept talking about how big tomorrow night's Monday Night Raw will be, Furnas took down both Jacques and Pierre with a flying clothesline and made the hot tag to LaFon. LaFon came into the ring and started cleaning house. LaFon picked up the win by locking Jacques into a Dragon Sleeper, Which made Jacques tap out. The final Superstars went off the air with Furnas and LaFon celebrating their win.

86, 81, 92 ****

Overall Rating- 77

TV Rating- 0.96

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.93

Attendance- 8,290

Ticket Sales- $331,600

ECW Big Trouble

Attendance- 3,897

Ticket Sales- $155,880

Notes

"The Magician and Jacobs work pretty well together due to their similar styles."- Pat Patterson

"Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy work well together as a team, it adds to their matches."- Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Mike Lockwood

"Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles."- Pat Patterson

"I would like to work with Undertaker at some stage, i think you'd be impressed with the results." -Steve Austin

"I was thinking, how about giving me some matches with Undertaker? I think we'd be able to do some good work together given the chance." -Cactus Jack

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Date: December 30, 1996

Tonight is the final Monday Night Raw of the year. And tonight is also the night of champions. Every title will be put on the line tonight! Including Scott Hall defending the WWF Championship against Sycho Sid in tonight's main event! The Royal Rumble is nearing, And the question is who will walk into the Royal Rumble as the champion? Who will defend the title against Bret "The Hitman" Hart on January 19th? Sycho Sid or Scott Hall? Can Sycho Sid end 1996 with a bang and become the new World Wrestling Federation Champion? Or will Scott Hall defeat Sycho Sid tonight to retain the WWF Championship?

Tonight we know that Shawn Michaels will be in New York City. Michaels will be talking about the Royal Rumble and the man who wants to take him out, Cactus Jack! You don't wanna miss this interview with the "Heart Break Kid"!

Matches For Monday Night Raw

20 Men Over The Top Rope Battle Royal

Winner Faces Hunter Hearst Helmsley For The World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship Later Tonight

Feauturing- Owen Hart, Billy Gunn, British Bulldog, Vader, Alex Wright, Goldust, Jacobs, Scott Taylor, Brian Christopher, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Ahmed Johnson, Jesse James, "Wildman" Marc Mero, Rick Martel, Mr. Perfect, "All American" Bart Gunn, Chavo Guerrero, Mark Henry, Rocky Maivia, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

Twenty of the best WWF Superstars have been chosen for this battle royal. The man who wins will meet Hunter Hearst Helmsley later on for the Intercontinental Championship! Who's gonna win this big match?

Doug Furnas, Phillip LaFon and John Bradshaw Vs. The Quebecers and Bull Buchanan

Six of the best Superstars in the WWF go head to head in this wild six men tag team match up!

Million Dollar Championship

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese© Vs. Bob Holly

Duke Droese seems to be scared of the tough race car driver from Alabama, Last week we saw both men get into a brawl. Tonight they'll settle it in the ring for the coveted Million Dollar Championship!

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Fatal Four Way Elimination Match

Al Snow and Steve Austin© Vs. PG-13 Vs. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman Vs. Brian Adams and Brian Lee

Three teams want to be crowned the champions, Snow and Austin have to go through these three teams to remain champions. Who's gonna win this match tonight? Will we have new champions?

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Sycho Sid Vs. Scott Hall©

This is no doubt the biggest match in Monday Night Raw history. Who will walk away with the gold? Can Scott Hall defeat the biggest challenge of his career? Or will he fall victim to the master and the ruler of the world?

We'll also hear from Shawn Michaels and Scott Steiner! All this and much more on the USA Network!

user posted image

Date: December 30, 1996

Attendance: 12,031

Ticket Sales: $481,240

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Sycho Sid challenging Scott Hall for the World Wrestling Federation Championship!

20 Men Over The Top Rope Battle Royal

Winner Faces Hunter Hearst Helmsley For The World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship Later Tonight

Featuring- Owen Hart, Billy Gunn, British Bulldog, Vader, Alex Wright, Goldust, Jacobs, Scott Taylor, Brian Christopher, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Ahmed Johnson, Jesse James, "Wildman" Marc Mero, Rick Martel, Mr. Perfect, "All American" Bart Gunn, Chavo Guerrero, Mark Henry, Rocky Maivia, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

The final Monday Night Raw of the year opened up with the twenty men battle royal. The announcers kept saying that the winner would meet Hunter Hearst Helmsley for the World Wrestling Federation Championship later on in the night. No managers were allowed to be at ringside, Meaning that Marlena, Sunny, Joanie Laurer, Sable, Bob Backlund were not at ringside for this match. Goldust actually had the most eliminations here, Which seems to be pushing him as a favorite in the Royal Rumble. It seems that Goldust has become friends Scott Hall (in EWR they formed a friendship relationship, Even though Hall bitched several times about losing to Goldust.) So that could have some influence on his push. And because Goldust has been very patient at the bottom of the card, Even though he's more over than some guys that got pushed this year like Jacobs, Mark Henry, Etc. Martel and Perfect both worked together through out the match, But both men ended up getting eliminated by Goldust. The final four men in the ring were Mark Henry, Owen Hart, "All American" Bart Gunn and Goldust! Owen Hart was quickly eliminated after Bart Gunn hit him with the Forearm Shot, Sending Owen flying over the top rope. Goldust acted very gay here, Rubbing Henry. Which resulted in him getting his ass kicked. Bart Gunn was eliminated by Goldust after Goldust ducked the Flying Forearm, Which sent Bart out to the floor! Goldust and Henry were left as the final two. Both men went at it hard, Goldust tried to go for the Curtain Call, But he couldn't lift Henry and hurt his back. Henry took out Goldust with the World's Strongest Slam and then sent Goldust out to the floor with a clothesline to win the battle royal! Mark Henry will meet Hunter Hearst Helmsley for the World Wrestling Federation Championship later on in the night. Henry posed while Helmsley was shown watching from the back, The champ looked very concerned.

Order Of Elimination And Who Eliminated Them

1. Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart by Vader

2. Billy Gunn by Chavo Guerrero

3. Jerry "The King" Lawler by Alex Wright

4. Jesse James by Goldust

5. Alex Wright by Vader

6. Vader by British Bulldog and Mark Henry

7. Brian Christopher by Marc Mero

8. Chavo Guerrero by Goldust

9. Scott Taylor by Mark Henry

10. Marc Mero by Owen Hart

11. British Bulldog by Ahmed Johnson

12. Mr. Perfect by Goldust

13. Rick Martel by Goldust

14. Ahmed Johnson by "All American" Bart Gunn

15. Jacobs by Mark Henry

16. Rocky Maivia by Owen Hart

17. Owen Hart by "All American" Bart Gunn

18. "All American" Bart Gunn by Goldust

19. Goldust by Mark Henry

Winner: Mark Henry

79, 83, 73 **1/4

Scott Hall gets to "The Hitman" first!

Our cameras take us to the back where we see Bret "The Hitman" Hart making his way into the arena. Todd Pettengill tries to catch up to Bret Hart.

Todd Pettengill- Bret Hart! Bret! Tonight Scott Hall is in action against Sycho Sid. He's defending the WWF Championship against Scott Hall! Which makes me wonder why you're here tonight?

Bret Hart- Todd, I'm here to watch the WWF Championship match. The match between Sycho Sid and Scott Hall. That's why I'm here tonight. To see who will win and who will walk into the 1997 Royal Rumble as the champion. Remember that on January 19th, I'm getting the title shot. Which means both Sid and Scott Hall are in trouble if they're the champion come the Royal Rumble.

Todd Pettengill- Speaking of tonight's match, Will you be getting involved? Will you be looking to cost Scott Hall the World Wrestling Federation Championship after the comments he made about your family Bret?

Bret Hart- I don't need to cost Scott Hall the title. He has a pretty tall order stacked against him tonight. He takes on Sycho Sid tonight. And if I was Scott Hall, I'd be worried about Sycho Sid instead of me interfering. I don't need to interfere. I have something Scott Hall doesn't have, And that is character. I don't interfere in people's matches. Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go to my locker room and watch Monday Night Raw.

Bret Hart begins to walk off with a confident look on his face, Then out of nowhere, Scott Hall attacks "The Hitman" with a steel chair! Hall drills Hart over the back with the chair causing Hart to go down! Scott Hall hits Hart one more time with the chair right over the back! Officials try to stop Hall, But he swings the chair at them, Making them step back! Hall again hits Hart over the back with the chair! Bret Hart is down on the ground with Scott Hall standing over him. Scott Hall's in wrestling gear with the World Wrestling Federation Championship around his waist.

Scott Hall- Hey yo............... Survey time Bret. Will you be interfering in my match with that big goof later tonight? Lemme give you time to think about it Bret, No! Not after this. You can come out here and make all the claims you want. But even if you wanted to, You won't be able to interfere now. Tell everyone of your fans that the Royal Rumble is nearing, And on that night we're going to see me standing over with this still around my waist.

Scott Hall stomps down on Bret Hart and walks off. Officials check on "The Hitman" as we go to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Doug Furnas, Phillip LaFon and John Bradshaw Vs. The Quebecers and Bull Buchanan

The crowd was all right for this battle, Bull Buchanan is a big time jobber so it took some excitement away from the match up. The announcers kept talking about how Bull is a former prison guard down in Georgia. Even though he's not really........ I guess they're gonna give him a Bossman like gimmick? Despite the crowd not caring for most of the match, There men put on a great performance. Bull showed that he was quite agile for a big man. First he walked the top rope after getting whipped into it by LaFon, He springboard off the ropes with a huge clothesline to LaFon! Then he came off the top with a huge leg drop to Bradshaw for a close two count. The Quebecers were also great here, Showing the spark that they had back in late '93 and '94 when they were on top of the tag team division. Bradshaw pinned Pierre with the Clothesline From Texas, Scoring the win. Bradshaw, Furnas and LaFon then posed as Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break.

74, 70, 79 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Million Dollar Championship

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese© Vs. Bob Holly

Despite having the great into it last week, The fans in Madison Square Garden could have cared less about this match. The Money Mine were announced as being barred from the ringside area for this match. So people might have actually thought Bob Holly would have a chance. Droese was playing the typical heel, He didn't wanna come into the ring and he didn't want to hand the title over to Bob Holly. Holly got inpatient and went out after Droese. Both men got into a brawl at the ringside area which saw Holly ram Droese head first into the steel steps time and time again! When they finally got into the ring, Bob Holly ran down Droese with several clotheslines. Holly back dropped Droese for a very close near fall. Holly continued taking it to Droese. Droese was finally able to gain control of the match after catching Bob Holly with a stun gun. Droese pounded on Holly, But couldn't put the tough challenger away. Droese got so frustrated that he went to the outside and grabbed the Million Dollar Championship. Droese went to hit Holly with it, But Holly ducked and took out Droese with the Race Car Slam! Holly then grabbed the belt and hit Droese over the head with it! Droese won as a result of a disqualification! Holly then snapped and kept pounding a bloodied Duke Droese over and over again in the face with right hands! Officials had to run down from the back and pull Holly off of Droese, Who was bleeding badly. We went to a commercial break with Bob Holly shouting as the officials held him back.

77, 71, 84 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scott Steiner will win the Royal Rumble!

We go to the back where we see Scott Steiner standing by.

Scott Steiner- The Royal Rumble is nearing us. Everyone is talking about who will win the thirty men over the top rope Royal Rumble and go on to Wrestlemania 13 and fight for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Who's gonna be the man who'll go to Wrestlemania 13 and fight the WWF Champion? Me! I'm the man who's heading into Wrestlemania 13 and I'm the man who's leaving Wrestlemania 13 as the World Wrestling Federation Champion. The Royal Rumble will be the night where Scott Steiner tosses twenty nine other men over that top rope to win. Scott Steiner is going to be the man who will win the Royal Rumble. And you wanna know why? Because I'm the strongest man in the match. I'm the man everyone will be running away from. Who's going to be able to knock me over that top rope? I'm gonna go inside that ring and knock out everyone that stands in my way. You're looking at the winner of the 1997 Royal Rumble. And you wanna know what? It doesn't matter if I enter as number one, Two, Or thirty! I'm coming out the winner of the 1997 Royal Rumble on January 19th. And there's nobody that can stop me!

Scott Steiner gained overness from this segment.

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Hunter Hearst Helmsley© Vs. Mark Henry

Mark Henry didn't show any signs of being tired from the battle royal. Helmsley jumped the big man from behind and tried to do everything he could to get the big man off his feet, But Henry shoved Helmsley down! Henry then ran over Helmsley with two clotheslines! Henry kept pounding Helmsley and tossed the blue blooded snob right over the top rope! They fought on the outside, With Henry beating the shit out of Helmsley. Helmsley raked Henry in the eyes and tried to go for the Pedigree on the outside, But Henry countered and catapulted Helmsley right into the ring post! Back inside the ring, Helmsley took Henry down with a chop block and started working over Henry's leg. Helmsley pounded away on Henry's legs and about three minutes later he locked Henry into a figure four. Henry was able to counter and made the comeback. Henry ran down Helmsley with multiple clotheslines and press slammed Helmsley down! Henry went for a clothesline, But Helmsley ducked and Henry accidentally took out the referee! Henry then took out Helmsley with the World's Strongest Slam, But there was no one to make the count! Henry went to check on the referee was Helmsley took out a pair of brass knuckles. Henry revived the referee, But when he turned around Helmsley nailed him with a right hand! Using the brass knuckles! Helmsley hit the Pedigree to Henry and covered Henry for the three to retain his title! Hunter Hearst Helmsley took the Intercontinental Championship and fled to the back while the referee checked on Mark Henry.

85, 88, 81 ***

Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel are watching!

We go the locker room area where we see the team of Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel standing by.

Mr. Perfect- So, It looks like Al Snow and Steve Austin got what they wanted. They don't have to put those titles on the line against us. That's fine with us. But let us send a message to whoever walks away with the WWF Tag Team Championship tonight, Get ready to put them up on the line against the two of us! We want those WWF Tag Team Championship belts around our waists. We want those titles and we're gonna lay down the challenge to whoever wins tonight. It doesn't matter if it's Austin and Snow the two men who are afraid of putting those titles on the line against us. If you two walk away with those titles tonight, Prepare to put them on the line against us. We want those titles and we'll go through anyone to get them.

Rick Martel- Austin, Snow I hope it's the two of you who win tonight. Because then you'll have to put the gold on the line against the two of us. And guess what? You'll lose to us. You think just because we're older we're not better? We have more experience and we're going to beat you guys. It doesn't matter who walks out with the titles. PG-13, Benoit/Pillman or even Adams and Lee. We'll take on all of you. We want those titles and we're gonna get what we want. Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect are the best tag team in the World Wrestling Federation today. And all we need are those titles to prove it. We will have those titles very soon. It's just a matter of time.

Mr. Perfect- We'll be watching the four way match, And we'll be beating whoever leaves it as the champions.

Mr. Perfect lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Fatal Four Way Elimination Match

Al Snow and Steve Austin© Vs. PG-13 Vs. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman Vs. Brian Adams and Brian Lee

Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect were shown watching from the back. This was the best match of the night. All four teams are over with the crowd, Especially Austin and Snow. Both men seem to be getting huge heat wherever they go. Lee and Adams got the biggest pop out of the face teams. PG-13 again came down to the ring doing a rap. One of them called Jim Ross a cow while the other called McMahon the second dumbest announcer on a Monday night wrestling show. Usual tag team match here, All eight men went at it. Going for the eliminations early on. Austin and Snow stayed in their corners for most of the early going and watched the other three teams fight it out. The first team to be eliminated as Benoit and Pillman. Lee was able to pin Pillman with the Life Sentence. After that, PG-13 and the champions worked together to try to eliminate the former champions Lee and Adams. Snow and Austin quickly turned on PG-13 when Snow pinned Wolfie D with the Snow Plow. We were left with two teams. Lee and Adams took it right to the champions. Adams came very close to winning the titles back when he had Austin down with the Heart Punch. He covered, But Snow barely made the save. Lee and Snow battled on the outside which left Austin and Adams in the ring. Adams went for a irish whip, But Austin countered which allowed Snow to trip Adams! This allowed Austin to roll up Adams and get the three count! Austin and Snow grabbed their titles and quickly fled to the back. Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel were shown once again watching as the champions celebrated.

88, 87, 90 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The "Heart Break Kid" and the Phenom face to face!

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with the music of the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels hitting the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd. Michaels walks down to the ring as Vince McMahon mentions that Shawn Michaels is entered in the 1997 Royal Rumble on January 19th. Shawn Michaels poses behind his pyros before being handed a microphone. The fans in attendance chant "HBK" as the "Heart Break Kid" prepares to talk.

Shawn Michaels- So, Tonight is the night of champions? Well, I might not have some gold around my waist as of now, But everyone knows that you can't have a night of champions without the "Heart Break Kid". After all, I held the World Wrestling Federation Championship for over seven months this year. And I will be the man the only man who'll win three straight Royal Rumble matches. Nobody else on the roster have even won back to back Royal Rumble matches except for me. And on January 19th, I'm gonna win my third straight Royal Rumble and go to Wrestlemania 13 and get back what's mine. And that is the World Wrestling Federation Championship. The belt that I lost in this very arena. And I will be the WWF Champion by this time next year. I don't plan on ever losing it again. So we got the Royal Rumble coming up. And gee, There's so many men entered in the Royal Rumble match. Owen Hart, Cactus Jack, Scott Steiner, Undertaker and the "Heart Break Kid" himself. Plus on top of that, Many more men. And you wanna know something? All those men will fall down to HBK and the Kliq! No one but me has a chance of winning the Royal Rumble! And you wanna know why? Because I can! Because I am the very best in the World Wrestling Federation! Nobody is gonna stop me. I respect all the men entered in the Rumble, But you know they're gonna go down. HBK is the man in the WWF. And I'm the man who's gonna win the 1997 Royal Rumble. Who's going to be able to beat me? Who in the Royal Rumble will be able to beat me? Owen Hart? Scott Steiner? Cactus Jack? Who? Nobody can take me! I beat them all during my title reign and I'll toss each and everyone of them over the top rope! I went from being the first man in, To the winner! I came back last year from a serious concussion and won the Royal Rumble! Some people might be saying that Shawn is being cocky, But lets face it, I am the only man in the World Wrestling Federation that can get the job done. And as far as Cactus Jack goes, So you wanna end my career? Go ahead! Try it! I've beaten everyone there is to beat. And Cactus Jack, I kick all their asses! What are you gonna do to HBK that's so damn bad? The Royal Rumble will be the night where twenty nine other men all get what's coming to them. Nobody can stop HBK. And nobody can stop me from winning my third straight Royal Rumble match. And anyone who thinks differently, Can come on out here and I'll kick your teeth right down your throat! No one is stopping HBK and his Kliq! No one!

The purple lights come on to a huge ovation from the crowd! Undertaker's music begins to play and out comes the phenom. Undertaker doesn't look too happy at the comments made by HBK as he enters the ring. Undertaker gets face to face with Shawn Michaels. The crowd is torn, Half of them chant for Michaels while the other half chant for Undertaker.

Undertaker- Shawn Michaels, I have been waiting to get face to face with you ever since you first won the WWF Championship. But somehow, We've never cross paths in the WWF until now Shawn. See we're both entered in the 1997 Royal Rumble. And there's a reason why you have won two years in a row. Because I've never been in the Royal Rumble when you entered! For the last two Royal Rumble matches that you won, I was doing something else in the night. But now, We're both entered. We're both entered in the 1997 Royal Rumble. And Shawn you come out here and talk about how you're winning. You talk about how your kliq is gonna do this and that. Well Shawn, My creatures of the night will tear you and your Kliq apart! I'm heading into the Royal Rumble with one thing in my mind. And that is to eliminate each and every man that stands in my way. You talk about kicking me in the face? You can try. I urge you to try Shawn Michaels. Because if you do kick me in my face, I'm gonna sit right back up and proceeded to kick the hell out of you. And you wanna know something else? The only reason you held the WWF Championship for so long was because you never got to defend the title against me. You went through everyone except me. And if we do get in that ring at the Royal Rumble, I'll gladly toss your ass over that top rope! Shawn Michaels you better give your soul to the lord, Because your ass belongs to me come the Royal Rumble!

Shawn Michaels- That won't be happening Taker. And you wanna know something? If you do get in my face at the Royal Rumble, Then I'll gladly kick your ass right over that top rope. There can only be one Royal Rumble winner and that will be me. You talk about winning the Royal Rumble, Lets see how well you'll fare on January 19th. Lets see how well you'll do when Sweet Chin Music hits you right in the face!

Undertaker- If you wanna know how well I'll do against you, How about we see how well I'll do against you right now?

Cactus Jack joins in!

Shawn Michaels and Undertaker are face to face. The crowd boos as Cactus Jack's image shows up on the RAW screen.

Cactus Jack- Look at the two of you. It looks to me like we got some competition going on between two fan favorites doesn't it? It looks like both of you guys got a big ego. Especially you Mr. Michaels. I told you last week that I was gonna prepare to end your career. And I will. You can ask Undertaker about how his life became a living hell for him. But before I even get to you Shawn, I'm going for the Royal Rumble. Twenty nine other men will feel the kind of pain that I've felt for years. They will feel the pain that I have felt. You two are the two men I hate more than anyone in the WWF. I already proved what I had to prove against you Undertaker. Now it's time for you to feel the pain Shawn Michaels. The both of you are in the Royal Rumble. And if I'm lucky, I can kill two birds with one stone. But who knows, Maybe one of you will help me out. After all, There's a bit of a competition going on between the two of you. You two hate each other. I can tell. And I hate the both of you. I do hope I get my chance to be left in there with the three of you. I didn't get to finish the job with you Undertaker. But I have a feeling we'll get to finish it at the Royal Rumble. I have a feeling I'll finish the both of you. It's all gonna end at the Royal Rumble. For the both of you!

Cactus Jack's image fades from the RAW screen as we go to a commercial break with both Shawn Michaels and Undertaker staring down each other.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Goldust defeats "The Anvil" with the Curtain Call! (Friday Night Mayhem 12/29/96)

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Sycho Sid Vs. Scott Hall©

What a huge way to finish off the year. The match wasn't anything special since Scott Hall wasn't able to carry Sid. But the crowd made up for it. Both men began with a stare down. The crowd started chanting "Sid" quite loudly as both men stood face to face. Hall and Sid began trading blows. Sid took down Scott Hall with huge right hands. Sid then sent Scott Hall out to the floor with a clothesline! Sid and Hall fought on the outside, Trading blows. Sid tossed Hall right into the front row! Both men got into it right in the crowd! Scott Hall went for the Outsider's Edge on the outside, But Sid back dropped him on the concrete floor! They brawled back in the ringside area with Sid sending the champion right into the steel steps! Sid then dropped Hall right down across the steel guardrail! Back inside the ring it was Sid continuing beating down Scott Hall. Sid back dropped Hall and almost became the champion. Hall finally took control of the match when Sid went for the Choke Slam, Hall countered by raking Sid in the eyes and planting him with a DDT. Scott Hall worked over Sid's back and used a abdominal stretch with use of the ropes. Scott Hall went for the Outsider's Edge after taking out Sid with the fallaway slam. But Sid countered with a high back body drop! Sid got all rilled up and started making the comeback! Sid ran down Hall with several clotheslines and then Choke Slammed the champion for a near fall! Sid went to whip Hall to the corner, But Hall countered and whipped Sid right into the referee! Hall took Sid back down with a clothesline and went to the outside! Scott Hall shoved the ring announcer aside and grabbed the World Wrestling Federation Championship! Hall came into the ring with the title and measured Sid, Before he could hit Sid with it, Bret Hart ran down from the back with a steel chair! Bret Hart came into the ring with the steel chair and hit Hall right upside the head with it! Hart left the ring as Sid got up to his feet and planted Scott Hall with the Powerbomb! Sid covered Hall as the referee came to! One, Two, Three! We have got a new WWF Champion! The crowd went nuts as Sid's music hit the arena. The referee handed Sid the World Wrestling Federation Championship as Bret Hart watched from the RAW stage. But then another referee ran down from the back and told the referee that Hart hit Hall with the steel chair! The crowd booed as they showed the footage on the RAW screen! The referee reversed the decision and Scott Hall was awarded the win by disqualification! The referee snatched the title from Sid and put down across Hall who was still out. Sid then Choke Slammed both referees! Bret Hart came into the ring and tried to apologize to Sid, But got Powerbombed for his trouble! Monday Night Raw went off the air with Sid standing over both Scott Hall and Bret Hart!

87, 93, 76 **3/4

Overall Rating- 85

TV Rating- 7.36

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 7.98

Attendance- 9,011

Ticket Sales- $360,440

Notes

"I should be higher on the card, promote me up the roster." -Brian Adams

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

News

- Peter Polaco aka The Candyman has been sent back down to USWA until the WWF finds him a character that will work.

- WCW have signed independent worker Greg Valentine to a written contract!

- Mike Awesome has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

- Abdullah The Butcher has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

- New Jack has agreed to an open contract with USPW!

- The Warlord has agreed to an open contract with USPW!

OOC- Okay, 1996 is done. I'm gonna take a break from writing to finish the scenario. I'll make a new thread for '97, With roster/etc when I get done with the scenario.

Thanks to everyone for reading this :D

What's there to say. Awesome year Hewey. So many people have made them seem like credible rumble winners (Goldust, Cactus, Sid, Steiner, HBK, Taker...).

Martel, Perfect, Sid and Quebecers have returned to effect. Hall, Snow, Austin, Hardyz, Henry and Brotherhood have been pushed well and wrestlers like Triple H and Goldust have now established themselves.

Heres hoping 1997 can be just as good