The BVS WWE: 2004-05

Ok D, let's see how I'd do this.

"Made on HeAt" Match or HeAt Main Event: Pure Energy vs. RVD & The Hurricane vs. World's Greatest Tag Team

A Nice Tag Match that can get the crowd pumped. Give the winner a Tag Team Title Match either on the next SmackDown or at WM, whatever your plans are.

WWE United States Title: Ron Simmons v. Brock Lesnar

Get this over and done with early in the show. Have Bradshaw run in and Brock win the title, leading to Bradshaw/Simmons at WM.

WWE Cruiserweight Title: Jose Maximo v. Minoru Fujita

I'd say give Fujita the win because Maximo got the win in Japan.

WWE Tag Team Titles: Team JAPAN v. Right to Censor

Give them 25 minutes and see what they can do. Have a Simmons Run In, maybe even a Heyman & Other RTC Members Interference, ending with Ultimo pinning Bradshaw - because Tajiri pinned Bull in Japan.

Undertaker v. Billy Kidman

I agree with HD with his booking, as you'd be crazy having Kidman/Taker end the month before Mania. Lead to a Non-Sanctioned Match or a Gimmick Match of some sort at Mania, so have a No Contest or a DQ/Count Out win here.

6 Man Tag Team Match

Channelling the spirit of NWO 2003, the 6 Man with the champ and WM opponent doesn't get the main event. Hell, use the same booking as NWO 2003 with one of the faces attacked in the back, have a handicap match and add HD's idea of the return of Edge (or whoever was attacked) leading to Shannon or Evan getting pinned.

Kurt Angle vs. Eric Angle

Give them 30 minutes and see if they can turn it up for the Hometown crowd. Don't do a flukey finish, Angle can rebound from the clean loss, and Eric can get the big push from the win. Eric wins.

Sorry if it sounded too much like HD's booking, I just liked what he was thinking. :thumbsup:

Edited by K.O.T.W

Hey! I CALL GIMMICK INFRINGEMENT! The "How would you book the shows?" Is my idea, just cause it was started here doesn't make it any less my idea.

Oh and from the IP Recap later on

Matt Hardy v. Tajiri.

This is non-title by the way. And in case you wonder, yes I do have an answer for Scott, It's been well documented in the past couple of years that the WWE champion heading into the Royal Rumble, is generally the pick for Wrestlemania. And Matt didn't drop the title because the storylines clearly showed that they wanted Matt-Edge for Wrestlemania, not Eddie-Edge. So why is Matt Hardy's reign as champion publicity? The WWE knows they dropped the ball with Eddie Guerrero's reign and this is so they can pat themselves on the back against hostile viewers and investors "Look we push small guys too, we have Matt Hardy and Chris Benoit" It's just sad they didn't use the more emotional story IE: Eddie Guerrero fights back and reigns supreme over the WWE, showing there is a way back from the demons he had.

I hate to make this a forum for a difference of opinion as I have the utmost respect for Scott, he is a multi-time best selling author and arguably the most respected recap man in the business, but have things really changed, lets look at the No Way Out Card

* Matt Hardy, Shannon Moore, and Evan Karagias v. Edge, Eddie Guerrero, and Rey Mysterio

Ok, so it'll probably be the main event but tell me anyone takes Moore and Karagias seriously and I'll show you the biggest Mark in history. On the surface it seems like a change until you realise this. Edge was always a golden child, Matt got by with a huge push. Eddie and Rey were always hugely popular, put the World title on Rey and I might buy the whole changed man gimmick.

* WWE United States Title: Ron Simmons v. Brock Lesnar

Two big guys, one pushing 50. It's an improvement on Nathan Jones but not by much

* WWE Tag Team Titles: Team JAPAN v. Right to Censor

Now will the WWE hotshot the gold back onto the hosses? Time will soon tell

* WWE Cruiserweight Title: Jose Maximo v. Minoru Fujita

Maximo is okay, Fujita can go. But the CW division still needs a lot of work

* Kurt Angle v. Eric Angle

It's been coming for a year, I really thought they'd do it at Wrestlemania. Kurt is of course, a machine. Eric........is still Kurt's brother, still not over

* Undertaker v. Billy Kidman

And anyone who thinks Kidman is going over is sadly deluding themselves.

Now I think after tonight Scott and I will have to agree to disagree but if this is the new WWE it's a case of "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Now onto the match..

* Undertaker v. Billy Kidman

Opener: * Matt Hardy, Shannon Moore, and Evan Karagias v. Edge, Eddie Guerrero, and Rey Mysterio - Titles are props. There's no reason the WWE World Champion shouldn't jerk the curtain. Especially with so many midgets in the match. Mattitude gets the win, after one of the opponents SWERVES~! their teammates (because, you know- Swerves=RATINGZ~!)

Second match: Jose Maximo v. Minoru Fujita- who cares about this match, they're Japanese and Mexican cruiserweights. They never connect with the common fan. Whoever holds the belt- have them retain. No matter.

Third match: Team JAPAN v. Right to Censor- The right spot for them. Only problem- they need more HOSSES in the match. RTC goes over due to their more hoss-like nature.

Fourth match: Kurt Angle v. Eric Angle- A good spot for them right here. Eric Angle gets the win, because, you know- he's new blood! The new blood of WWE needs to go over the old guard.

Fifth match: Ron Simmons v. Brock Lesnar- you know, this seems a little bland. It needs something to make it more of a worthy United States title match. I speak of course, of a hard-fought match with a retain, only to have an open challenge made- which is answered by the debuting SAVIO VEGA, who proceeds to destroy him because he's Savio Vega and he can just do that!

Main event: Undertaker v. Billy Kidman- Here's where Kidman would get the win over him- only have it done by a SHOOT~! on the politician Undertaker. I mean, he's all old guard, and Billy Kidman's the new school of wrestling! Push the new blood. That'd be XTREME~!

WWE Tag Team Titles: Team JAPAN v. Right to Censor - Team Japan have to go over here, otherwise the title win in Japan is made to look like a fluke

WWE Cruiserweight Title: Jose Maximo v. Minoru Fujita - A title change here would just seem wasted. Both have to be built up a lot

Undertaker v. Billy Kidman - I'd have this as a double countout in the middle of the card, to build for a Wrestlemania rematch

WWE United States Title: Ron Simmons v. Brock Lesnar - I think Lesnar has to win this, because Simmons title reign has been poor

Matt Hardy, Shannon Moore, and Evan Karagias v. Edge, Eddie Guerrero, and Rey Mysterio - Matt over Rey by a dodgy decision. I think Edge winning two months running would damage Hardy, whereas Edge losing here would effect his momentum. If his team loses by a fluke, Edge still looks a threat to Matt

Kurt Angle v. Eric Angle - Either could win this and look strong, but I'd like to see a Wrestlemania rematch, maybe submission rules?

As for a bonus match, how about Mike Barton and WGTT against 3LK

Here on the East Coast, it's still April 1.

One World Leader. Entertainment.

Highlights abound of the past few months on SmackDown! We see Eric Angle attacking Kurt during the WarGames from Viking Hall. We see Kidman dramatically rip off Torrie’s necklace, her subsequent slap of the Undertaker, and Taker’s Tombstone on her for vengeance. Edge’s dramatic elimination of Kane to win the Royal Rumble is interspersed with shots of Matt Hardy hanging on against Eddie Guerrero at the same event. We see Team JAPAN’s big win over RTC in Saitama, and Ron Simmons’ victory in Iraq for the US title. A fast cut of clips shows the wrestlers all walking to the ring as the camera zooms in on it and looks at it from above, revealing the title:

NO WAY OUT

THE ANGLE FAMILY TOLD US TO STOCK UP ON RED WHITE AND BLUE PYRO SO WE’RE LETTING ALL IT OUT as we come to you from the Mellon Arena in downtown Pittsburgh, PA. Sign in the crowd: “Welcome Home Eric! (and you too Kurt)”

Cole: “From the hometown of Kurt and Eric Angle, we give you the final big show before WrestleMania 21! This is No Way Out! I’m Michael Cole alongside James E. Cornette, and Corny, tonight we have seven big matches for our viewers at home.”

Cornette: “That’s right, Michael Cole, and for those who didn’t see it on HeAT tonight, and shame on you if you didn’t, it has been announced that not only is tonight’s card stacked from top to bottom with all four titles on the line, but Eric Bischoff himself is in the house! Who is he here to scout?”

The sirens blare as the fans boo. We’re underway, and we go to Tony Chimel for the announcement.

Chimel: “The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the WWE Tag Team Championships! Introducing first, the challengers, representing the Right to Censor, at a total combined weight of 565 pounds, Jonathan Bradshaw and Bull Buchanan!”

Japanese flute music plays as the crowd cheers the new champions in their first title defense. The champs come out sans Paul Heyman, as he and Steven Richards are banned from ringside by order of GM Roddy Piper.

Chimel: “And their opponents, making their way to the ring, at a total combined weight of 362 pounds, the WWE Tag Team Champions, Ultimo Dragon... Tajiri... Team JAPAN!”

WWE Tag Team Title match: Team JAPAN (champions) vs. Right to Censor (challengers)

RTC jumps the champs as they enter the ring and send them into the ropes. However, Ultimo and Tajiri return with stereo headscissors, then a pair of dropkicks which sends Bull to the outside. Bradshaw stays in the ring, so Team JAPAN whips him into the ropes and gets a double hiptoss on the return. Tajiri assists Ultimo in hitting a back flip kick onto Bradshaw as he gets up, and he heads to the outside to join Bull. As they talk, Ultimo gets onto the apron and hits the Asai moonsault onto both of them.

Ultimo returns to the ring quickly and waits as Bull steps through the ropes. They lock up, and Bull tries for the choke lift from Japan, but Ultimo flips over and gets a sunset flip for one. Bull tries a big boot as he gets up, but Ultimo ducks it and nails a neckbreaker. He goes to the top as Bull stands up, and Ultimo dives for a crossbody, only to get caught. Both sides fight over it, and (with Tajiri crawling behind Bull to trip him) Ultimo winds up on top for another one-count.

Bull gets frustrated and attacks Tajiri, which only allows Ultimo to come from behind and roll Bull up for two. Bull stumbles back to his own corner and tags Bradshaw in, while Ultimo tells him to bring it on. They lock up, and Bradshaw shoves Ultimo into the corner. He follows in, but Ultimo moves and bounces off the opposite ropes. Ultimo dives for another crossbody, but this time Bradshaw catches and hits a fallaway slam. Bradshaw stomps away on Ultimo before picking him up and throwing him into the corner. Bradshaw executes a series of shoulder thrusts on Ultimo, then sends him across the ring and follows him in with a clothesline.

Bradshaw tags Bull back in and holds the full nelson. This time, Bull is able to fire off a huge right hand on Ultimo before Bradshaw drops Ultimo to a seated position. Bull stomps away at Ultimo’s midsection as Bradshaw leaves. Bull picks Ultimo up and puts him over his shoulder in the body vice. Bull drops to his knees, stunning Ultimo. Bull covers, but it’s only two. Bull picks Ultimo up and sends him into the corner, bouncing off the ropes and hitting Ultimo as he staggers out with a big boot. Bull then bounces off the ropes again and gets a big legdrop. He covers, but again it’s two.

Bull picks Ultimo up and throws him into the RTC corner. He tags in Bradshaw, and the two stomp away on Ultimo. Bradshaw picks Ultimo up and hits a suplex on him. He mounts Ultimo and punches away before being told to get up, at which point he does the salute. Bradshaw charges for his lariat, but Ultimo ducks it, bounces off the other ropes, and gets a rana on Bradshaw. Bradshaw is up first, but Ultimo trips him up and crawls over him to his corner. Bradshaw grabs the foot to block, but Ultimo kicks away at Bradshaw’s hands before making the final lunge to bring in Tajiri.

Tajiri kicks away at Bradshaw’s head. He tries to whip Bradshaw into the ropes, but Bradshaw reverses, only to have Tajiri come flying back out with a handspring elbow. Bull enters, but he gets tripped up on the way in and the heels collide. Tajiri knocks both of them over with a double clothesline, which sends Bull to the outside. Bradshaw is up against the ropes, so Tajiri heads over and hooks on the Tarantula to him. Ultimo, upon seeing this, enters and tries for a running dropkick, but Bull trips him up and pulls him to the outside while the ref gets Tajiri to break the hold.

Tajiri re-enters the ring and poses over Bradshaw, but Bull enters and boots Tajiri down. Bull picks Tajiri up for a powerbomb, but in mid-air, Tajiri grabs Bull’s head and turns it into a Tornado DDT. Tajiri covers, but Bradshaw saves it at two. Tajiri turns his attention to Bradshaw, scoring a huge karate rush to back him into the corner. Tajiri gets on all fours as Ultimo re-appears, launching himself at Bradshaw with a Shining Wizard. Ultimo hiptosses Bradshaw into the center of the ring and prepares for the Asai DDT, but Bull jumps onto the top rope and cuts off Ultimo mid-pose with the rebound lariat.

Bull picks Ultimo up and delivers a huge powerbomb to him. He stands over Ultimo, not noticing Tajiri behind him climbing the ropes. Tajiri dives off and lands in a seated position on Bull’s shoulders. He hits karate chops on Bull’s skull, enabling him to wrap Bull up in a Victory Roll. Ultimo barely trips up Bradshaw, and Tajiri hangs on unfettered for the three-count.

WINNERS and STILL WWE Tag Team Champions: Team JAPAN (17:28)

Cole: “And the champs hang on in a very physical and very even encounter!”

Cornette: “That’s right, Michael Cole, this one coulda gone either way, and I gotta say it benefited without Steven Richards and especially Paul Heyman at ringside.”

Cole: “You can never stop taking potshots, can you?”

We cut backstage, where Stephanie McMahon is with Ron Simmons, Rob Van Dam, and Hurricane.

Stephanie: “Now, I wanna thank you guys for being such good sports about this whole thing. I know I didn’t tell you that I was signing on Ron, and I’ve been giving him a lot of attention, but it’s all for the best.”

RVD: “Yeah, it’s cool. Look, though... uh... Ron, good luck with Brock Lesnar tonight, man. You got a tough match, but... win or lose, you’re still cool with me.”

Simmons: “Thanks, bro. But lemme tell ya... I’ll make it up to you, man. If I win, I’ll give you a title shot this Thursday, man. You too, Hurricane. Little thank you, dig?”

Hurricane: “Holy division, Ron! But whose side will... she be on?”

Stephanie: “We’ll worry about that later. He’s got a big challenge ahead of him; let’s focus on that. Let’s go, Ron.”

RVD and Hurricane cheer Simmons on as he and Stephanie head to the ring.

Cole: “Well, here we go with our second of three championship bouts tonight, and this one seems like a mismatch on paper, Corny, but the champ has been on a roll as of late, hasn’t he?”

Cornette: “Well, more important than anything else is having Stephanie McMahon on his side, because she has been the difference a lot of times between winning and losing for the United States champion.”

The opening chords of “Here Comes the Pain” indicate it’s time to go to the ring.

Chimel: “The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the WWE United States Championship! Introducing first, the challenger, from Minneapolis, Minnesota, weighing 295 pounds, Brock Lesnar!”

The old APA music plays as the crowd lets out a rather reserved cheer. Ron Simmons heads to the ring with Stephanie by his side.

Chimel: “And his opponent, accompanied by Stephanie McMahon, from Warner-Robbins, Georgia, weighing 272 pounds, he is the WWE United States Champion: Ron Simmons!”

WWE United States Title match: Ron Simmons (champion) vs. Brock Lesnar (challenger)

Brock holds his hands up high for a test of strength, and Simmons obliges. They lock and load, straining against each other. The first round is a stalemate, so they bang into each other again. This time, Brock forces Simmons to his knees. Brock leans over Simmons to laugh, but that allows Simmons to headbutt Brock and break. Simmons gets to his feet and tackles down Brock, slugging away before Brock shoves him to the side. Brock gets up as Simmons charges, but Brock catches him in an overhead suplex.

Brock stands over Simmons and picks him up, clubbing the back. He whips Simmons hard into the corner and charges in with a running tackle, causing Simmons to slump to the mat. Brock picks Simmons up and lifts him over his head in a press slam, throwing him to the mat. Brock smiles and covers, but it gets two. Brock stands Simmons up and tries for a German suplex, but Simmons gets a mule kick and inverted atomic drop. He charges Brock and runs him over with a clothesline.

Simmons goes into the three-point stance, but his tackle attempt is caught by Brock, who applies a bearhug. Simmons tries to punch out of it, but Brock squeezes tighter as Stephanie leads a “Let’s Go Ron” chant. The ref checks Simmons’ arm. It falls on the first try. It falls on the second try. But on the third try, Simmons rallies. He grabs Brock’s head and pounds at it, getting the hold released. He runs the ropes and gets a shoulderblock on Brock, knocking him over. He picks Brock up and throws him into the ropes, scoring the spinebuster slam on the return and covering. It gets two.

Simmons tells Brock to get up and waits for him to charge, but Brock runs Simmons over with a Steinerline. Brock picks Simmons up in a powerbomb position. He lifts Simmons over his head, but Simmons slides down Brock’s back and hooks a backslide. It gets two. Brock angrily nails Simmons with a shoulderblock of his own, then signals for the finish. He goes to pick Simmons up, but Simmons catches Brock in a small package for two. Brock charges again, but Simmons does as well, and both men catch a clothesline for the Double KO.

Brock is up first, and he gets down in a three-point stance, mocking Simmons. Simmons gets up, but Brock’s charge is ducked and Brock goes head-first into the turnbuckle. On the rebound, Simmons catches Brock in his powerslam. He covers, but Brock gets the shoulder up at two. Simmons shakes his head in disbelief before picks Brock up, but Brock goes with a low blow. He tries to grab Simmons, but Simmons blocks it and nails a right cross to Brock. Simmons then pulls Brock into a powerbomb position and lifts, but his back gives out and Brock falls on top. At two, Simmons’ hand reaches the ropes.

Brock picks Simmons up and sets him on the top turnbuckle. He takes a few steps back and prepares to deliver the Pop-Up Superplex that Kurt uses. As Simmons gets to his feet, Brock charges...

...and is met full force by a diving Simmons, who spears Brock off the top rope! Simmons knocks himself out but is on top of Brock, and that means the ref can count the three.

WINNER and STILL WWE United States Champion: Ron Simmons (12:23)

Cole: “Oh My God! Ron Simmons sacrificed everything he had and went through a war to knock out Team Angle’s young enforcer! Ron Simmons with the biggest defense of his US Title reign so far!”

Cornette: “I gotta call this an upset, Michael Cole, because he looked really bad through most of the match!”

Let’s see, next few weeks of shows... State College, Philadelphia, Providence, Albany... and oh yeah, in six weeks, we have WrestleMania 21 from LA! So, like, get tickets and stuff!

Cole: “We are back and right now we are set to have an unadvertised bonus match, as the tag team division just got a little deeper with this team coming to the ring right now!”

Cornette: “That’s right, Michael Cole, and you gotta believe that even though they’re going against former WWE Tag Champions, this match is too close to call, because of the big man, right there!”

The didgeridoo plays as Shannon Ward leads her men to the ring.

Chimel: “The following is a special bonus tag team match scheduled for one fall. Heading to the ring, accompanied by Shannon Psycho Ward, at a total combined weight of 600 pounds, the team of Kenzo Suzuki and Nathan Jones!”

Something that sounds like “Intergalactic” plays as the crowd cheers the former tag champs to the ring.

Chimel: “And their opponents, at a total combined weight of 419 pounds, the team of Paul London and Nova, Pure Energy!”

Nathan Jones and Kenzo Suzuki vs. Pure Energy

Pure Energy open with a double dropkick to Nathan, then another to Kenzo. They take Nathan and whip him into the ropes, getting a double hiptoss on him. Kenzo is clotheslined over the top in a double team, after which London springboards up and nails Kenzo with a plancha. In the ring, Nova sends Nathan for the ride, but Nathan returns and boots Nova square in the face. He picks Nova up and fires him into his team’s corner, tagging in Kenzo.

Kenzo nails a leaping karate chop on Nova, knocking him down. He picks Nova up and hits him with a back suplex. He covers for two. Kenzo tags Nathan back in. Nathan holds Nova up as Kenzo runs off the ropes and hits a jumping kick to the face. Nathan throws Nova to the mat and stands on his back as Nova screams in pain. Nathan picks Nova up and sends him into the corner, pounding away with repeated fists to Nova’s face in the K-1 KO. London breaks it up by jumping on Nathan’s back in a sleeper. Nathan staggers backwards, then drops to his back, flattening London.

Nova pulls himself out of the corner and goes to the top rope. He dives off at Nathan, who casually slugs him out of midair. He covers for two. Nathan picks Nova up and tries a choke lift, but Nova kicks his way out of it. As Nathan staggers, Nova grabs him from behind with the Spin Doctor. Nova makes the crawl to his corner and brings in London.

London gets a pair of dropkicks and a dropsault on Nathan, then knocks Kenzo off the apron for good measure. He goes back to Nathan and tries for the Contra Code, but Nathan shoves London off and into the corner. London staggers back, where Nathan nails him with a punch to the gut. With London doubled over, Nathan rears forward and Punts London, who does a full flip from the impact. Nathan rolls him over and covers, and that’s all she wrote.

WINNERS: Nathan Jones and Kenzo Suzuki (7:40)

Cole: “And what a dominating performance by Nathan Jones and Kenzo Suzuki here, as they just picked apart Pure Energy tonight!”

Cornette: “Nathan Jones is a former United States Champion, and you have to believe, Michael Cole, that he is well on his way to bigger and better things if this keeps up. Just look at this, right here – he barely needed any help from his partner to win the match!”

Cole: “That’s a very good observation, Corny. Right now, Nathan Jones is on fire.”

SURVIVOR SERIES is now available on DVD! Witness Team Mattitude take on Team Turmoil! Pure Energy’s moment of glory as they finish a Cinderella run! And the Angle brothers meet for the first time on Pay-Per-View! Oh, and RAW had some stuff too. Survivor Series, now available from WWE Home Video! Go get it wherever high quality video products are sold!

Cole: “Well, folks, our next match is a rematch from the WWE’s tour of the Orient, and I gotta say, Corny, we were very well received over in the Land of the Rising Sun.”

Cornette: “Without a doubt, Michael Cole, and what an event SmackDown was when it came from Japan, and one of the matches we had set up for No Way Out over there was this one here, after a challenge made due to what some consider a tainted victory.”

Cole: “Don’t you?”

Cornette: “A win’s a win, Michael.”

Latin music plays as Jose Maximo emerges from the back, title over his shoulder. The crowd is rather disinterested.

Chimel: “The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship! Introducing first, from Guadalajara, Mexico, weighing 180 pounds, the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Jose Maximo!”

Kai En Tai’s music plays as the challenger, a relatively new face to SmackDown, makes his appearance. The crowd, apparently not on cue, gives little heed to the new guy.

Chimel: “And his opponent, from Japan, weighing 176 pounds, Minoru Fujita!”

WWE Cruiserweight Title match: Jose Maximo (champion) vs. Minoru Fujita (challenger)

Jose asks for a lockup, but Fujita kicks his hands away and nails a roundhouse to Jose’s head. He bounces off the ropes and goes for a kneesmash, but Jose catches him. Fujita gets into position and gets a headscissors on Jose, then pops back up and scores a spinkick to knock him back down. Jose bails, but Fujita runs the ropes and dives at him in a tope suicida. On the outside, Fujita picks Jose up and throws him into the railing, then charges in with the running kneesmash.

Fujita tosses Jose back into the ring, slingshotting in after him with a legdrop. He covers for two. Fujita picks Jose up and chops at him in the corner. He sends Jose for the ride, but Jose reverses and charges in, nailing a monkey flip. Jose kicks away at Fujita before picking him up and throwing him over the top rope. Fujita skins the cat, however, and returns with an enzuigiri as Jose taunts the crowd. Fujita covers, but again it’s a two count.

Fujita picks Jose up and tries for a standing dropkick, but Jose ducks it. He quickly drops an elbow on Fujita to keep him down, then applies a camel clutch. Fujita powers to his feet, so Jose turns it into a reverse facejam move. He covers for a two-count. Jose picks Fujita up and armdrags him into the corner, then delivers a basement dropkick to Fujita’s face. With Fujita down, Jose goes for the moonsault sequence. He holds the cover after the one off the top, but it’s only two.

Jose picks Fujita up and places him on the top rope. He follows him up and nails a Frankensteiner. As Fujita staggers up, Jose bounces off the ropes and nails a diving kick to Fujita’s head. Jose goes to the top rope, but the 450 legdrop misses as Fujita rolls out of the way. Fujita is up first as Jose gets to a seated position, so Fujita hits a basement dropkick. He picks Jose up and whips him into the corner, following in with a clothesline. He keeps on the pressure, nailing a rolling elbow smash in the corner to knock Jose down.

Fujita picks Jose up and throws him with a hiptoss across the ring. He stands behind Jose, who gets up and stumbles backwards into a full nelson from Fujita. Jose mule kicks out of it and grabs Fujita in a small package for two, reversed for two. Jose cradles Fujita for two. Fujita gets a backslide for two. Jose tries a sunset flip, blocked for two, completed for two, and reversed for two. Jose rolls up Fujita with the tights for two. Fujita gets a diving cradle for two. Jose kicks Fujita in the gut and tries a DDT, but Fujita reverses to a Northern Lights suplex for two. Finally, Jose grabs Fujita and sends him out of the ring. Jose runs the ropes and nails a pescado onto Fujita as he gets up.

Back in, Jose chops away at Fujita, then sends him into the ropes. On the way out, Jose gets a dropkick. He goes to the top rope and connects with a moonsault for two. Jose punches down Fujita and covers again for two. Jose picks Fujita up and whips him into the ropes, but Fujita bounces out with a crossbody for two. He grabs Jose from behind with a German suplex, holding the bridge for two. Jose charges, but Fujita flips him in a back body drop.

Fujita heads to the top rope himself, waiting for Jose to get up and hitting a Blockbuster. He signals for the end, then picks Jose up and tries for the Fujita Driver. Jose slips out the back and tries a German suplex of his own, but Fujita flips over and lands on his feet before nailing Jose in the back of the head with a roundhouse kick. Jose stumbles into the turnbuckle, then walks straight into Fujita’s arms. Fujita lifts him up and nails the Fujita Driver. He holds the cover, and the referee signals the three-count.

WINNER and NEW WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Minoru Fujita (14:34)

Cole: “NEW CHAMPION! We have a new Cruiserweight Champion! Welcome to America, Minoru Fujita!”

Cornette: “And what a show it was, Michael Cole, and I dunno if you noticed, but this crowd, which really didn’t know the guy very well when it started... they’re on their feet and applauding this young star from Japan now!”

Cole: “I think they’re applauding the great wrestling action that only Cruiserweights can deliver, and it’s only here on SmackDown!”

Cornette: “That’s right!”

Cole: “Well, folks, this next match probably won’t feature that much in the way of high-flying... oh, no, it’s going to be a war. Billy Kidman is set to go one-on-one with the Undertaker, and it’s not about wins and losses. This is downright personal!”

We get a video package for Kidman/Taker as of right now. It opens with Kidman reading Torrie’s note at SummerSlam as we see her emerge with Taker for the All-Star Match. But she stays with him, still as his Creature, as Kidman slowly goes more and more paranoid and/or unstable. The two men brawl to the back during Survivor Series, but it’s just before the Rumble that Kidman declares he knows the secret. And at the Rumble, he proves all his paranoia justified as he frees Torrie from her trance. Taker sees this as an affront and Tombstones poor Torrie, who hasn’t been seen since. And now, Kidman is MAD. But so is Taker, for he is to lead the Army of Darkness. Armed with a new Creature of the Night, he seeks to add Kidman’s soul to his collection. Kidman promises to get even by taking what is most precious to Undertaker. And here we are.

Gong. Lights out. Another gong. Lightning strikes the stage. A wall of fire goes up, then dies down to reveal Undertaker and his new Creature, who bears the urn for him.

Chimel: “The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, accompanied by the Creature of the Night, weighing 325 pounds, the Undertaker!”

A factory whistle leads into Kidman’s music as he sprints to the ring.

Chimel: “And his opponent, from Allentown, PA, weigh...”

Billy Kidman vs. The Undertaker

Kidman dives onto Taker, knocking him over in surprise and unloading lefts and rights onto his skull. He keeps the pounding on as the ref pleads with him to break, but Kidman ignores him. It’s finally broken when Taker grabs Kidman in the goozle and throws him aside before standing up. Kidman charges again, undaunted, and throws his body at Taker, knocking both men over the top and to the floor.

On the outside, Kidman props Taker up on the railing and continues firing off right hands at him, but Taker manages to grab Kidman and fling him over the barrier into the crowd. Taker follows, picking up a chair from ringside and turning to Kidman. Kidman dropkicks the chair into Taker’s face, causing him to drop it. Kidman then tries a Thesz Press, but gets caught, so he fires off right hands on Taker. Yeah, as you may have guessed by now, they’re ignoring the ten-count.

DOUBLE COUNTOUT (3:31)

The fight continues, though, as Kidman leaves his perch and grabs the chair. He connects with a shot right on Taker’s noggin, causing him to blade... er, bleed. Kidman winds up for a second time when the Creature arrives and grabs the chair from behind. Kidman is left wide open for a boot from Taker at this point. Taker then flings Kidman back over the railing and to ringside, stepping over and following.

He picks Kidman up and positions him for the Last Ride, but that’s a powerbomb on Kidman so it backfires. Kidman drops down and pounds away on Taker’s head before reaching under the ring and finding a sledgehammer. (Apparently the road crew didn’t get the memo that HHH was fired.) He calls for Taker to get up, and Taker obliges by sitting up. Kidman swings the hammer, but Taker grabs it with one hand to block. Kidman, undaunted, lets go and boots him square in the jaw.

At this point, a gaggle of crew members attempt to separate Kidman and Taker. They hold Taker on the outside, while Kidman is being kept in the ring. Kidman frees himself, however, and hits a plancha onto Taker and all 20 or so agents holding him back. He pounds on Taker about the head and shoulders as many officials try to separate him.

Suddenly, two men, both around 6’6 and 300 pounds, attack Kidman. They wear black masks with the Taker’s T-cross symbol in green on the front. Both are in black singlets and black long tights, with black boots. The only way to tell them apart is their boots; one has boots reading “PAIN”, the other “SUFFERING”. They drag Kidman into the ring as Taker sits up and points to them. Pain grabs Kidman and delivers a pumphandle Tombstone piledriver to him. Suffering then picks him up and flattens him with an electric chair drop. As the gong sounds, Taker beckons for his two men to leave as officials make sure Kidman is doing all right.

Cole: “That’s it! That must be the Army of Darkness promised by the Undertaker! Look at how they responded to his orders!”

Cornette: “If those are the men that he has enlisted in his army, Michael Cole, then it’s gonna take a lot more than just Billy Kidman to beat the Undertaker now... this problem could be a lot bigger than we realize.”

The following preview has been approved for all audiences by World Wrestling Entertainment...

The scene is an abandoned construction site. Various members of the WWE and OVW rosters are seen milling about. Some are in leather jackets. Some are in jean jackets. Some are in Yankee pinstripes. Some are in biker outfits. Some are in 1920s speakeasy dance outfits. Even the Divas are in the spirit of things, dressed in street uniform. They all gather in front of a piece of scaffolding, where the Rock stands, dressed in a leopard print jacket and hair slicked back.

Rock: “Can you count, jabronis? I say the future is ours! If all of you, can count!”

Cheers.

Rock: “Look what we have here before us. We have Evolution sitting next to 3 Live Kru. We have Dangerous Alliance seated by Right to Censor. And nobody’s trying to beat up nobody. That... is a miracle... and miracles, is the way things ought to be. You stand here with the Rock, in front of delegates from all over the world, hundreds of fighting styles in all. There could be twenty thousand people – no, forty thousand – sixty – eighty – it doesn’t matter how many there are! You are here, and you are ready to fight for WrestleMania! And there are only four McMahons who could stand in our way. Can you dig it?”

Cheers.

Rock: “The Rock said, CAN YOU DIG IT???”

The cheers grow louder.

Rock: “Now the Rock says this. ONE BRAND could run all of sports-entertainment. ONE BRAND! No one would win or lose, without us allowing it to happen. We could set our pay scales, our prices, tax the referees, tax the road agents, do whatever we want, because we would rule this business! CAN YOU DIG IT?”

The crowd is at a fever pitch as police officers (the WWE referees) stand behind the group making sure things go peaceably.

Rock: “But the reason we haven’t ruled this business – the reason WrestleMania isn’t truly of the wrestlers, is that the McMahon keeps putting us against each other. We have been unable to see the truth, because we keep fighting over eight pounds of gold. Our belt. Our little belt. That’s crap, brothers. The ring is ours whenever we want it, because it’s our turn! All we have to do is keep peace with ourselves. We can take over one by one by damn one until we alone stand with destiny in our hands on April 3 at WrestleMania 21! Secure our territory! Secure our world, because all this is our world! CAN YOU DIG IT?”

The crowd is in an absolute frenzy, but we cut to Randy Orton in the crowd, steel-eyed. He produces a gun and aims it at the stage.

Rock: “CAN YOU DIG IT?”

Orton is just about to pull the trigger when right behind him...

Booker: “SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

A startled Orton drops his gun. Everyone immediately stops cheering and turns to stare at Booker T. He looks around and shrugs.

Booker: “Sorry bout that, dog. I got carried away.”

WRESTLEMANIA GOES HOLLYWOOD! Live Sunday, April 3, only on Pay-Per-View!

We cut to a back alley, where Rock is seen talking to Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, and Roddy Piper later. Now they all have leather Indian jackets on. We hear the sound of glass clinking with glass from off-camera. All those on-screen turn around and face the source of the noise as the camera pans over to show Randy Orton behind the wheel of a beat-up hearse, glass bottles on three of the fingers of his left hand, slowly clanging them together.

Orton: “Governors... come out to pla-a-a-a-ay...”

Cole: “That will be in just six weeks’ time, and we already know one match that will take place at WrestleMania 21, as Matt Hardy will defend the WWE title against Edge, who won the Royal Rumble just three weeks ago.”

Cornette: “That’s right, Michael Cole, and it is going to be one-on-one, and hopefully there will be no interference as we find out who’s the better man, but right now, we got these guys, and they got teammates.”

Cole: “That is very true. It’s time for six-man tag team action, right here at No Way Out!”

Matt Hardy’s new music plays as he and his MFers head to the ring. Matt has the WWE Title around his waist, and he’s holding the cross-fingered V-2 hand signal. Shannon and Evan also hold it high, and they all head to the ring.

Chimel: “The following six-man tag team contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, at a total combined weight of 621 pounds, the team of Evan Karagias, Shannon Moore, and the WWE Champion Matt Hardy Version 2.0, MATTITUDE!”

VIVA... GUERRERO! Majestic trumpet blasts lead Latino Heat out in his Mexican flag motif outfit.

Chimel: “And their opponents, at a total combined weight of 603 pounds: first, from El Paso, Texas, Eddie Guerrero!”

The silhouette of the mask appears on the Tron. As the hip-hop beat begins, Rey is launched out of the stage.

Chimel: “From San Diego, California, Rey Misterio!”

You Think You Know Me... Rob Zombie’s “Never Gonna Stop” fills the arena as the flashbulbs go off and Edge arrives.

Chimel: “And from Toronto, Ontario, the #1 Contender for the WWE Heavyweight Championship, Edge!”

Eddie Guerrero, Edge, and Rey Misterio vs. Team Mattitude

Everyone pairs off, as Rey gets Shannon, Evan and Eddie dance, and Edge chases after Matt. Eddie grabs Evan and applies a headscissors, but Shannon breaks it up. He and Evan get a double suplex on Eddie, but Rey comes off the ropes with a Lionsault press to take out Shannon. Evan misses an elbowdrop on Eddie, and Eddie punches away. Eddie and Rey line Shannon and Evan up in opposite corners and whip them together. Shannon tumbles into 6-1-9 position, but as Rey bounces off the ropes for it, Matt grabs him and pulls him to the outside.

Eddie goes for Evan, but as they tangle in the corner, Shannon grabs Eddie and Evan punches away at his wide-open body. Shannon gets a German suplex out of it before tagging in Matt. Matt backs Eddie into a corner and chops away at him. He snapmares Eddie out of the corner and goes to the second rope. As Eddie gets up, Matt dives off with a DDT. He covers and gets two. Matt brings Evan in, and Matt slams Eddie down as Evan climbs to the top. Evan gets the big elbowdrop and covers, but it’s only for two.

Evan pounds away on Eddie, picking him up and sending him into the ropes. He tries for a backdrop, but Eddie gets a kneesmash instead and stumbles over to tag in Rey. Rey enters with the West Coast Hop right away on Evan, but Shannon saves. Rey backs Shannon into the ropes and sends him for the ride, hitting a rana on Shannon, then another on Evan. Both men bail, so Rey runs the ropes and nail a somersault tope con hilo on both men.

On the outside, Rey picks Evan up and chops him, but Shannon grabs him from behind and a double-team begins. Edge races around the ring and lands a spear on Evan, however, allowing Rey to toss Shannon into the ring. Rey hops onto the top rope and tries for a rana, but Shannon catches him and powerbombs him down, holding the cover for two. Shannon picks Rey up and sends him into the opposite corner, charging in with a monkey flip. He stays on Rey and pounds away, then gets off him only to hit a standing moonsault. He gets another two.

Shannon stands behind Rey and puts on a cobra clutch. Rey walks up the turnbuckles, but Shannon pulls back and slams Rey down out of the hold. He stomps around Rey’s head before picking him up and delivering a brainbuster. Shannon covers, but it’s only two again. Shannon picks Rey up and slams his head into the turnbuckle before grabbing him and using him as a battering ram into the middle turnbuckle. Rey slumps over, so Shannon goes to the top, hollers, and gets a legdrop. He covers, but Rey’s shoulder beats the count again.

Shannon is flummoxed, but tries for his own Twist of Fate. Matt calls him off and asks for the tag. Shannon obliges, and Matt goes for the Twist of Fate on his own. However, Rey shoves him off, and on the rebound, Rey gets a flying forearm to knock Matt down. Matt recovers to keep Rey from getting the tag, but Evan had the same idea, and he winds up bowling over Matt in his attempt to cut Rey off. Freed from both men, Rey makes it to his corner and brings in Edge.

Edge knocks over Matt and Evan back and forth in succession before picking Evan up and whipping him into Matt, sending both men tumbling out of the ring. Edge turns around just in time for Shannon to leap in off the top with a headscissors on Edge. Eddie grabs Shannon and hits a vertical suplex on him. He rolls through and gets a second suplex. He rolls through again, but Shannon blocks the third one and actually reverses. Matt returns via the top rope, yells, and nails a legdrop on Eddie, covering before Edge picks Matt up and tosses him into the ropes.

Edge winds up for the spear, but Matt ducks out of the ring and runs to the back. Edge is in hot pursuit, leaving Shannon and Evan against Eddie and Rey. Shannon tries for the Twist of Fate again, this time on Eddie, but Rey returns with a missile dropkick to knock over Shannon. Eddie picks Shannon up in the Gory Special drop, while a charging Evan is given a drop toe hold to knock him into the ropes in 6-1-9 position. Shannon is sent from the ring as Rey connects with the 6-1-9 on Evan. Eddie goes to the top rope, slaps his chest, and dives off with the Frog Splash on Evan. He covers, and this time it’s three.

WINNERS: Edge, Eddie Guerrero, and Rey Misterio (17:04)

Cole: “Eddie Guerrero wins! Eddie Guerrero picks up the victory here tonight after he and his teammates fended off a valiant effort from Mattitude, especially Shannon Moore!”

Cornette: “But ya gotta wonder why Matt Hardy was so reluctant to lock up with Edge all evening, Michael Cole... I mean, is he saving himself for WrestleMania?”

Cole: “That’s entirely possible.”

We cut backstage, where Kevin Kelly is with Eric Angle.

Kelly: “Eric Angle, now is the time.”

Eric: “I was hoping it never came to this. I was hoping that through my time with you, Kurt, that you would come to see the value in your family. But it never happened. In Philadelphia, I tried to teach you a lesson. I tried to open your eyes to the needs and the existence of people who care in your life. It didn’t work. You’re still the same old arrogant brother who’s let all of his success and all of his titles go to his head. Kurt, I hate to destroy something as important as your sense of well-being. But, if it means I get the brother I remember back, I’ll do what I have to do. Tonight, I wrestle you. I don’t want to, but I have to. And all these people who remember us growing up, and who wanted to see us succeed, will see that the talent is in all parts of the family. You have the glory, Kurt. Tonight, it’s my turn to restore the humanity to my brother.”

We now cut over to Josh Matthews, who stands by with Kurt Angle.

Josh: “Kurt Angle, we just heard from your brother Eric about how he wants to restore the man he knew. Your thoughts on that?”

Kurt: “What man would that be? Would that be the Olympic gold medalist? Maybe it would be the NCAA Champion, or 75th Anniversary NCAA All-Star. Or maybe it’s the WWE Heavyweight Champion, which I have been many times over. If he wants to restore that man, he can be my guest. Because tonight, I show him and everyone else in this town that I am their hero. I am the reason Pittsburgh isn’t a complete disaster nowadays. When I came here, all I heard was about how the city couldn’t win. The Pirates were a laughingstock, the Penguins were on the shelf, and the Steelers were humiliated one step from glory. Heck, even the University was simply an also-ran for some little-school feel-good story. This is not my hometown. My hometown is a winning hometown. Tonight, Eric, I’ll remind these people of better days, before their teams collapsed, before their factory jobs left them, and before people pitied them. I can do that, because I’m a hero. Eric, what are you? You’re the guy on the side of the parade, ready to applaud as I go by. There’s no shame in that. Just accept it when you tap out.”

Cole: “You know, Corny, it’s very rare we get these brother against brother matchups here in the WWE. You remember back ten years ago, when the future Hall of Famers Bret and Owen Hart would do battle. Think to the InVasion, and how Edge and Christian split up and had their ladder match. There’s always something extra in these matches – the element of familiarity that brings about an extra effort.”

Cornette: “That’s right, Michael Cole, and really, the battle of sibling rivalry is literally the oldest conflict in history, all the way back to Cain and Abel, and now we see it played out again in the form of a successful wrestling family being torn apart and set against each other here tonight.”

As the sounds of “Medal” play in the Mellon Arena, the crowd lets out a mix of cheers and boos before settling in on the “You Suck” chant.

Chimel: “The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Entering the ring, from Pittsburgh, PA, weighing 220 pounds, Kurt Angle!”

After he completes his entrance, “Made in the USA” plays, as the crowd this time unanimously lets out a cheer.

Chimel: “And his opponent, from Pittsburgh, PA, weighing 245 pounds, Eric Angle!”

Eric Angle vs. Kurt Angle

Eric offers a handshake, but Kurt scoffs and refuses. The two brothers circle each other before locking up. Kurt gets a go-behind and forces Eric to the mat in an amateur takedown, but Eric kicks himself free and reverses to a front chancery. Kurt re-reverses to a rear waistlock, forcing Eric to his feet. Kurt tries a German suplex, but Eric holds his weight and elbows out. Eric runs the ropes to try a clothesline, but Kurt grabs the arm for an armbar. Eric quickly scampers to the ropes, and both men stand back up to polite applause.

They lock up again, and this time Kurt gets a headlock. Eric maneuvers out of the headlock and gets a front waistlock, and he and Eric both try belly-to-belly suplexes to no avail. Kurt then headbutts out of the waistlock and sends Eric into the corner. Eric hits the turnbuckle, but avoids Kurt’s follow-up and rolls Kurt up for a one count. Kurt gets back up, awaiting Eric’s charge, but Eric holds his ground.

Kurt walks in to lock up again, but Eric greets him with a chop. Stunned more than hurt, Kurt backs off and tries to lock up again, but Eric gives him an uppercut. Eric stays on the offensive, battering Kurt until he’s in the ropes. Eric sends Kurt for the ride, meeting him with a hiptoss on the way out. Kurt stands up and tries to collect himself, but that leaves Eric the chance to spear him down and get a 3/4 nelson rollup for two. Kurt finally takes the hint and rolls out of bounds to get space.

After taking time outside the ring, Kurt returns and prepares to fight. Eric blocks a punch, but Kurt does the same, and soon the two are slugging it out like hockey players. Kurt gets the advantage and doubles Eric over, landing shots to the back of the head before throwing him to the mat. Kurt then grabs a rear waistlock and picks Eric up out of it, hitting a release German suplex. He taunts the crowd before picking Eric up, but gets a shock when Eric gets a double-leg trip and catapults Kurt over the top and out.

Kurt grabs Eric by the leg and takes him to the outside of the ring. He nails Eric with a kidney punch, then throws him back-first into the railing. He sets about clearing the Spanish announcers’ table off before tossing Eric back into the ring. He returns with a springboard dropkick for Eric before covering him, getting a two count. Kurt picks Eric up and sends him into the ropes, hitting an overhead suplex on the way out. He covers again, but it’s another two.

Kurt pulls his strap down and stalks Eric, looking for the anklelock. Eric pulls himself up by the ropes, leaving Kurt without a chance to apply it, so Kurt charges and dumps Eric over the top. He heads outside, tossing Eric into the steps and taunting him the whole time about being the better brother. He drags Eric over to the previously-cleared Spanish announcers’ table, but Eric blocks a suplex through it and throws Kurt into the apron with a belly-to-belly suplex.

Eric rolls Kurt back in and follows, getting a dropkick as Kurt gets up. Eric hits Kurt with a shoulderblock, then runs the ropes and drops a knee. He covers, and it gets him two. Eric picks Kurt up and slams him down to the mat, then heads to the top. He turns his back to Kurt, thinking about a moonsault, which means he doesn’t see Kurt get up and leap the turnbuckle, grabbing Eric in a back superplex. Kurt covers for two.

Kurt picks Eric up and hits him with a German suplex. He rolls through the move and delivers a second German suplex to Eric. He rolls through again, but this time Eric does a standing switch and hits his own German suplex on Kurt. Eric hangs on and rolls through, getting a second German suplex. He continues to hang on, rolling through, and this time Eric gives Kurt the third German suplex. Eric is exhausted, though, and unable to hold the cover, so when he crawls over, it only gets him two.

Eric picks Kurt up and tries a vertical suplex, but Kurt blocks it and gets a fisherman’s suplex on Eric, bridging for two. Kurt picks Eric up and throws him into the corner. Eric staggers out straight into another overhead suplex from Kurt. Kurt drags Eric to a nearby corner and climbs it. He leaps with a moonsault attempt at Eric, but as always, he misses when Eric rolls away.

Eric picks Kurt up and nails a European uppercut to back him into the ropes. He tosses Kurt into the opposite side, hitting him with an inverted atomic drop on the way back to set up a clothesline. Eric pulls HIS straps down and stalks Kurt, just as before. Kurt gets to his hands and knees as Eric grabs him and applies the anklelock to Kurt.

Kurt screams out in pain as the hold is cinched in. He tries to crawl to the ropes, but Eric drags him back. Kurt holds off tapping, but begins to yell “It’s broken, it’s broken!” Eric hears this and promptly lets go, his concern for his brother overshadowing everything. He checks on Kurt, which allows Kurt to get an inside cradle for two. Both men get up, and Kurt catches Eric in an overhead suplex. He smiles and points to his head before picking Eric up.

Kurt spikes Eric with a back suplex, as Eric grabs his head on the way down. Kurt now seems to realize what’s happened and asks the ref to check on Eric, but in reality it’s so he can remove a turnbuckle pad. With Eric cleared to continue, Kurt picks Eric up and chops away at him. He tries to send Eric to the corner, but Eric reverses, only Kurt blocks contact with the bolt. He turns around and walks straight into a spinebuster, however. Eric covers for two.

Eric picks Kurt up and tries for an Angle Slam, but Kurt lands on his feet. He grabs Eric and hits a German suplex. He rolls through with it and connects with a second German suplex. He rolls through again and hits a third German suplex on Eric. He rolls through for good measure to get a fourth German suplex, then one last roll-through leads to a fifth German suplex. Kurt pulls his other strap down and stands behind Eric, but Eric doesn’t get up.

Kurt slaps Eric around, but Eric won’t move. Kurt looks confused, then picks Eric up and sets him in the corner with the exposed bolt. He slaps Eric again to wake him up, but concludes Eric is out on his feet. Kurt decides to end it, so he picks Eric out of the corner and tries for an Angle Slam. Eric, however, lands on his feet (he was playing possum) behind Kurt, shoves Kurt head-first into the exposed bolt, and catches Kurt on the rebound with an Angle Slam of his own. He covers as the ref and crowd both count to three.

WINNER: Eric Angle (25:57)

Eric celebrates by climbing all four corners as Kurt slowly comes to and realizes he lost. Eric turns around and looks Kurt in the eye as his music stops. Kurt’s head is low as he shakes it in disbelief before looking at his brother with tears in his eyes. Eric smiles as if to reassure Kurt everything is all right. Kurt slowly looks around...

...before extending his hand to Eric. Eric takes it, and the two shake hands before Kurt pulls Eric in and hugs him. The two embrace each other before Kurt raises Eric’s hand in victory as the crowd cheers. Members of the Angle family (shown earlier in the front row) are invited by the brothers to enter the ring, as a family reunion breaks out.

Cole: “What a night this has been in the WWE! Eric Angle, right there, has beaten his brother Kurt in their hometown of Pittsburgh! Eric Angle, so long seen as the other brother, now has the big win here in the main event of No Way Out! But he has much more! Eric Angle now has respect!”

<<<FIN>>>

You know, as much as the thought of a tag team of Kenzo and Nathan Jones makes me want to flee in horror... it could be worse.

It's a team... with HEIDENRICH!!

Solid show, kinda miffed that Tajiri and Dragon opened and that Edge didn't get jumped from behind, but the main was ten thousand kinds of awesome. Two questions: Who played the Army of Darkness, and what movie did you "pay tribute to"?

Guest Majick

Possible movie promos, if you don't have your lot already:

Tracy IS Erin Brockovich

Molly Holly IS The Bride in the House of Blue Leaves scene from Kill Bill

Eddie Guerrero IS Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and Loathing...

Michael Shane, Chris Nowinski, Johnny Jeter, Chris and Joey Matthews, Rene Dupree, Sylvain Grenier & Kane discussing Like a Virgin (or Baby, One More Time to bring it up to date) a la Reservoir Dogs

Trish Stratus and Tajiri do the fridge scene from 9 1/2 Weeks (could include premature misting joke if Vince is involved...)

Shannon Moore and Evan Karagias as Randal and Dante in Clerks, discussing the responsibilities associated with their jobs

Ocean's Eleven: Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle gather their crew to hit Vince McMahon's WWE headquarters - Starring Minoru Fujita as the acrobat, Benjamin and Haas as the wheelmen, Joel Maximo as the cardsharp/inside man, Matt Hardy as the electronics expert, The Hurricane as the demolition guy, Jim Cornette as the older, respectable looking guy, RVD as the pickpocket and Ted DiBiase as the money man

The Phantom Menace: Paul London and Nova vs. Ultimo Dragon in the climactic lightsabre battle

Okay, the Phantom Menace one gave me an idea. Go back to the original Star Wars, and have Hulk Hogan as old Obi-Wan, battling Kane as Darth Vader. Possible cameos from Edge as Luke Skywalker, Paul London as Han Solo (he's got the hair for it, at least), Laree as Leia, and in a one-time appearance back with the company (I think he was released/quit, right?), Albert as Chewbacca.

- The SmarK Rant for No Way Out 2005 (Feb. 20)

- Live from Pittsburgh, PA. Canadian federal law requires me to mention that when you give the United States an enema, this is where you stick the hose.

- Speaking of enemas, Michael Cole hosts alongside Jim Cornette.

- Opening match, WWE Tag Team Titles: Team JAPAN v. Right to Censor. Eric Bischoff is reported to be backstage, but nothing ever comes of it and we never see him. Odd they mention him, since the WWE hasn't thrown out too many red herrings as of late. Neither manager is at ringside, ostensibly due to Piper's orders. Challengers try a jump start, but get hit with some RnR-quality double-teaming. RTC bails and eats an Asai, and this time Ultimo escapes before the fact he's 1-on-2 can bite him in the ass. Ultimo and Bull start proper, and Bull tries the lift from Japan, but Ultimo gets a sunset flip for one. Neckbreaker and crossbody (with Tajiri's help) gets another one, and Bull goes for Tajiri, so Ultimo rolls him up for two. Bull frustratedly tags out, and Bradshaw's corner clothesline misses. He catches Ultimo with a fallaway slam, and Ultimo plays Ricky Morton. Notice how Bull can't get anywhere and Bradshaw gains control. Locker room leader indeed. Corner clothesline hits this time, and RTC gets a full-nelson double-team they tried in Japan (within the 5-count so it's legalish). Bodyvice gutbuster gets two. Big boot and legdrop gets two, brother. Bradshaw with a suplex and ground and pound, but the lariat misses and Ultimo gets a rana. Ultimo crawls over Bradshaw, who grabs the foot, and Ultimo kicks feverishly until finally breaking free for the hot tag. Nice. Kicks and handspring elbow to Bradshaw, and the heels collide. Tarantual to Bradshaw, but Bull trips Ultimo to prevent a double-team. It's BONZO GONZO as Bull boots down Tajiri and tries a powerbomb, only to get nailed with a Tornado DDT. Beautiful counter. It gets two. Double-team Shining Wizard on Bradshaw, but Bull stops the Asai DDT before it starts with the rebound lariat. Powerbomb, but Bull salutes rather than covering, and Tajiri flies in with a Victory Roll to win at 17:28. These two matches have done more to elevate RTC than any title reign ever could. Didn't even matter that they cut five minutes, it was every bit as good. ***1/2

- Meanwhile, Ron Simmons promises a triple-threat title defense against RVD and Hurricane for being good sports. Hurricane worries about Steph's loyalties, but that's only IF Simmons wins.

- WWE United States Title: Ron Simmons v. Brock Lesnar. Cornette claims Stephanie could be the difference between winning and losing. I love shoot comments that aren't meant to be shoot comments. We open with a test of strength (thrilling), and Brock wins. Simmons gets a headbutt to break, and they fight on the turf. Overhead suplex by Brock gets us rolling proper-like, and Brock goes clubberin', Tony. Corner charge and press slam gets two. German suplex is blocked as Ron goes groinal repeatedly before hitting a clothesline. Three-point stance, but Brock catches him in the bearhug to eat some time. Simmons teases a KO, then pounds out. Shoulderblock and Angry Man Spinebuster get two. Steinerline by Brock, but Simmons jumps out of a powerbomb and gets a backslide for two. Brock runs Ron over and threatens the F-5, but walks into a small package (well, as small as 570 pounds of humanity ever is) for two. Double charge, double lariat, double KO. Ron ducks a lariat and gets the powerslam for two. Simmons wins a slugfest and tries the Dominator, but his back gives out and Brock gets two. Whew, I thought maybe he forgot the work on the back. Brock decides he's gonna use Angle's pop-up superplex, but Simmons dives off as Brock races in, nailing a spear from the top. Both men are out and Simmons just happens to be on top, so he gets the pin at 12:23. Okay power match, if a little slow. Brock carried it, naturally. **

- Nathan Jones and Kenzo Suzuki v. Pure Energy. Faces double-team to start, but after London nails Kenzo with a dive, Nathan takes over on Nova. Kenzo enters with a chop and back suplex for two. Running Blackman kick from Kenzo, and Nathan stands on Nova just to be a dick. K-1 KO, but London stops it with a sleeper, serving no purpose other than to have Nathan fall back and splat him. Which he does. Imagine that. Nova goes up, but YOU CAN'T CROSSBODY NATHAN and that gets two. Nova escapes what looked like it might have been a choke bomb, then pulls Nathan into the Spin Doctor. Hottish tag London, who dropkicks his heart out. Contra Code is blocked, and Nathan Punts the living daylights out of London (complete with gratuitous Jannetty sell) for the pin at 7:40. Friends don't let friends book spontaneous Nathan Jones matches. 1/2*

- WWE Cruiserweight Title: Jose Maximo v. Minoru Fujita. Talk about an acid test. For both men, really. Jose wants the Sportz Entertainment start with a lockup, but Fujita goes straight to kicking. A charge turns into a headscissors and spinkick, and Jose takes a breather, only to get hit with a tope suicida. Into the railing with a running kneesmash, and back in with a slingshot legdrop for two. I'd say Fujita's adjusting well. Lotsa chopping, but Jose reverses and gets a monkey flip. Fujita skins the cat on a toss and nails an enzuigiri for two. Jose ducks a dropkick and goes to the camel clutch, making in an Edge-O-Matic when Fujita powers out. It gets two. Armdrag into basement dropkick for Jose, and the triple moonsault gets two. Frankensteiner and Hurri-Wizard set up the 450 legdrop, which misses. Fujita returns the dropkick to the face and gets a lariat and roaring elbow. Hiptoss and Fujita threatens a dragon suplex, so Jose goes low and we have a pinfall reversal sequence, ending with Fujita getting a Northern Lights suplex for two. Jose tosses Fujita and gets a pescado before throwing him in. Jose goes chopping, and a dropkick and moonsault get two. Fujita with a crossbody for two. German suplex gets two. BAAAAAAAAACK body drop and Buff Blockbuster set up the Fujita Driver, but Jose slips out. Fujita flips out of a German suplex, kicks Jose into semiconsciousness, and nails the Fujita Driver for the pin and the title at 14:34. Well, if you're gonna do a Cruiser spotfest, might as well go all-out. ****

- Undertaker v. Billy Kidman. Kidman doesn't even wait for the intro, diving in and pummelling Taker. Taker tosses him aside, but Kidman charges again and knocks both men out. Into the crowd they go, where chairs get involved, but the Creature (a redheaded mistress of the night? Works for me) stops Kidman and Taker boots him. Last Ride try, but YOU CAN'T POWERBOMB KIDMAN, and Taker is down and hurt. Kidman goes fishing and gets... a sledgehammer. Man, Hunter must have lost EVERYTHING in the divorce settlement. Taker stops the swing with one hand, so Kidman kicks away as the Usual Idiots break it up. Kidman dives onto about 20 guys, refusing to end this, and the first two members of the Army of Darkness (Pain and Suffering, a couple of generic hosses) arrive to beat Kidman down. Pumphandle into a Tombstone from Pain, and an electric chair from Suffering, and Kidman is out. If there was a match in here, I missed it.

- WrestleMania trailer which I didn't recognize at first, because I'm a white Canadian, but which is apparently from the cult film "The Warriors". Rock getting to cut a promo is good enough for me, anyway, and it's a subtle build to the Rock/Orton potential match at WM21.

- Mattitude v. Eddie Guerrero, Rey Misterio, and Edge. Man, Eddie's on the road to nowhere here. It's a Pier Six to start, as everyone pairs off. Double suplex on Eddie, but Rey takes Shannon out. Evan blows an elbowdrop, and the heels collide on a pair of whips. Matt cuts off the 6-1-9 and attacks Rey, leaving Shannon and Evan to double Eddie as everyone goes to the corner. German suplex by Shannon, and Matt gets an Iaukea DDT for two. Evan with the big elbow for two. Eddie smashes Evan with a knee and brings in Rey, who hits the West Coast Hop for two. Mattitude bails, so Rey nails a somersault hilo that earns a 7.5 from the Russian judge. Double-teaming by the flunkies, but Edge spears Evan aside and Rey and Shannon go at it. Shannon catches Rey in a powerbomb for two. Monkey flip and standing moonsault get two. Cobra clutch, but Rey walks up the turnbuckles only for Shannon to drop him on his back. Wait, so of everyone in this match, you pick SHANNON MOORE to showcase? Battering ram and Ctrl/Alt/Del get two. Twist of Fate is set up, but Matt INSISTS on doing it himself. Rey blocks and nails a flying jalapeno to Matt, who would have cut off the hot tag if Evan Karagias hadn't stumbled into him trying the same thing. Meddling kid. So hot tag Edge, and he abuses Evan some more. Shannon gets headscissors on Edge, so Eddie schools Shannon with the rolling verticals, only for Shannon to hit the third. Ctrl/Alt/Del from Matt gets two. Edge tries a spear, but Matt bails and he and Edge race to the back. That leaves Eddie/Rey v. Shannon/Evan, and that's not looking too good for the heels. Rey hits a missile dropkick to stop Shannon's ToF try, and Eddie disposes of him with a Gory Special 2000. 6-1-9 and Frog Splash beat Evan at 17:04. I'm probably not digging this match as much as I should. ***

- Eric Angle says he'll get his brother back tonight.

- Kurt Angle says he'll be a hero tonight.

- Main event: Kurt Angle v. Eric Angle. I'm tempted to call both guys "Angle" just to throw you, but I won't. Michael Cole references the Bret/Owen battles in his pre-match hype, which is really unfair to all four guys. Kurt refuses a handshake to start. Some counter-wrestling early on leads to a charge by Eric straight into an armbar, with Eric finding the ropes for safety. We try again, and this time both men go for belly-to-belly suplexes to no avail. Kurt headbutts out, but a blind charge misses and Eric gets a rollup for one. Eric refuses a lockup, beating his brother up instead and getting a hiptoss. Spear and amateur pinfall get two, and Kurt bails. Slugfest, won by Kurt, and a release German suplex follows. Kurt stalls, so Eric catapults him over and out. Notice how Kurt is being flippant about the match and winds up paying for it. So Kurt drags Eric out and throws him into the railing before clearing the table, just to remind everyone the Spanish announcers' table can still be destroyed at any time. Back in, springboard dropkick gets two. Overhead suplex gets two as THE STRAPS COME DOWN, but Eric grabs the ropes pre-emptively and gets dumped as a reward. Eric eats stairs as Kurt insists he's the better brother, but a suplex through the table is blocked when Eric instead tosses Kurt into the apron. Dropkick, shoulderblock, kneedrop, two count. Nice basic stuff from the inexperienced one. Slam and he thinks of a moonsault, so Kurt follows with a Pop-Up Superplex (belly-to-back style) for two. Rolling Germans by Kurt, then by Eric, and Eric gets two. Fisherman's suplex by Kurt for two. Overhead suplex by Kurt and he tries the moonsault, missing again. No, really, I'm shocked. Inverted atomic drop and clothesline by Eric, and now HIS STRAPS COME DOWN and there's an anklelock. Kurt yells about his ankle being broken, and Eric breaks the hold LIKE AN IDIOT to check on his brother. Kurt cradles for two and gets an overhead suplex. Back suplex that looked dangerously close to a backdrop driver causes Eric to grab his head in pain, so Kurt's all "Go check on my brother while I perform an emergency padectomy on the turnbuckle here". Kurt doesn't really care about his brother's health, see. He's a BAD PERSON. So Kurt then tries to toss Eric in, but Eric reverses, only Kurt stops short of the buckle and walks into a MAIN EVENT SPINEBUSTER instead for two. Angle Slam try, but Kurt lands on his feet and gives Eric FIVE German suplexes just to be a dick. Kurt looks for the Anklelock, but Eric's dead. Kurt slaps Eric around, almost sure his brother's dead, so he tries an Angle Slam to end it quickly. Eric lands behind Kurt, shoves Kurt head-on into the bolt, and nails the Angle Slam on the rebound for the pin at 25:57 to blow the roof off the joint. Kurt eventually accepts he lost and gives his brother the respect he wanted. The Angle family enters to celebrate a great match together, calling back to Unforgiven 2001 when they celebrated Angle's title win. Ending seemed contrived, but the rest was pure gold. ****1/2

The Bottom Line:

WrestleMania has to top this. Just remember that. This is the bar set by the SD side, and you just know RAW's not going to lean back and let them own it. Now the pressure is on, as both sides hope to have the match everyone will talk about. But if this is what SmackDown! is capable of (FOUR matches going ***+) it'll be hard to beat.

Thumbs unquestionably up.

I'm tired, I'm sleepy, It's gonna rain on Thursday while the Masters is on, and tomorrow is 78 and sunny. I'll update then, but in the meantime, I want to let you in on the BVS Universe. So here's the 2/21/05 e-mail edition of the Wrestling Observer (highlights):

* Batista's stint in rehab is progressing nicely. He should be available after WrestleMania 21. Expect him to show up on the SmackDown! brand, since Eric Bischoff fired him from RAW to allow him to enter rehab.

* Michael Bucci (Nova) has made his final appearance with the WWE. At an otherwise routine traffic stop in Pennsylvania, he was arrested for possession of narcotics. The WWE fired him on the spot, and plans to turn Paul London heel to provide for more opponents for Minoru Fujita.

* As of now, both tag titles are up in the air. WWE brass are leaning towards a Team JAPAN v. Team Angle match, but such a scenario would likely leave Eddie Guerrero without an opponent. One possible plan is the 2nd annual SuperCage, making it SmackDown!'s answer to the Elimination Chamber. Certainly, if this were Kurt Angle's match, it would solidify it as a must-see event.

* As for RAW, the current plan is to merge the World Tag Team title match with the Women's Title match. With La Résistance managed by Lucille LaChienne, Booker T and Scott Hall managed by Stacy Keibler, and the Matthews Family managed by Jackie Gayda, the only wild card would be the Women's champ herself, Alexis Laree. However, the number of tag teams managed by women suggests this may be a natural extension.

* Pro Wrestling Canada has bought out its main competition, Stampede Wrestling, and will use them as a minor league territory. After Stu Hart's death, the business in Stampede suffered and the Harts were forced to sell.

* NWA Total Nonstop Action will have a recap show on America One. Joey Styles and Don West will host the recap show, while Randy Savage joins Mike Tenay in the broadcast booth for the PPV events.

* Ring of Honor is still without a buyer and has had to lay off talent... okay, fine, they fired Sable.

* It's believed that the WWE/NWA war is as hot as the WWF/WCW one, and both promotions now are seen as legitimate programs. With the Jarretts and McMahons not directly at war, it is believed that the relationship may more closely resemble AJPW/NJPW, in that each program will have a different philosophy while still competing for market share. Don't expect any more than the occasional jab back and forth, as witnessed by Heyman "county fair" remark at the Royal Rumble.

* AJ Styles has returned to North America and will face John Cena for the PWC title in the big March event, as PWC tries to return to the battle for #3. Currently, Wild Side Wrestling (which is attempting to break away from the NWATNA shadow) holds a slight edge over RoH, with XPW and PWC not far behind. All of them, however, are VERY distant competitors to the Big Two. Man, it feels good to say that again.

* There is a sentiment among some in the WWE to switch the title to Rob Van Dam this Thursday in Philadelphia. Ron Simmons' title reign has been decent though uneventful, and though Sunday's win boosted his credibility, it's a concern that he's only bringing the belt down and that the eventual Simmons/Bradshaw match should not be over the US belt.

* Eric Bischoff being backstage at No Way Out is part of the impetus for a trade. In order to move Eric Angle out of his brother's shadow, it is believed he will jump to RAW. Candidates for the move to SmackDown! include Shawn Michaels, TJ Wilson, Nick Mondo, Tommy Dreamer, and Scott Hall; however, the WWE is not revealing anything at this time.

* Management currently isn't sure who will replace Roddy Piper as SmackDown! GM. Stephanie McMahon has declined the position, and with most legends either retired, dead, or working elsewhere, there's no obvious candidate.

* Finally, although she has been obscured by a veil in recent shows, we can confirm the identity of the Creature of the Night. She is the 23-year-old manager in the Northeast who went by the name Jazzmyn Viktoria during stints in Pennsylvania-based minor leagues. It is unknown how long she will stick around.

- The SmarK RAW Rant for Feb. 21 / 05.

- Live from Penn Station University.

- Your hosts are Jim Ross and DDP.

- Eric Bischoff is out immediately and declares that he's about to shake things up. First bit of news: yes, he was at No Way Out last night, and yes, he found new talent for RAW. That talent will be here next week. Now, on to tonight: it's the semis and finals of King of the Ring, and Benoit has decided to grant Molly a Royal Rumble rematch. That sound you just heard was Troy Maskell typing up a 2,000-word editorial. Randy Orton interrupts, ostensibly ready for his semifinal, and asks Bischoff to go stir shit up old-school with the Board of Governors. Message from the Rock: enjoy the all-Evolution WrestleMania that is your nightmare. Oh, and he has an open invitation for RNN whenever he wants it. Bischoff will work on it. Orton then declares that the Rock is yesterday's news and should stop masquerading as a wrestler. With WrestleMania in Hollywood, I'm surprised the rhetoric is this tame, actually. Shawn Michaels interrupts the interruption and tells Orton not to count the chickens before they hatch, cuz IT'S ON.

- Opening match, King of the Ring semifinal: Randy Orton v. Shawn Michaels. They slug it out, and Orton gets a hiptoss and kicks Michaels around. Orton clips Michaels and nails Play of the Day for two. To a leglock, but Michaels escapes and get the flying jalapeno before nipping up. Orton bails, so Michaels fakes a dive, causing Orton to stumble into the stairs. Cute. Back in, Michaels with a dropkick and he goes arm-draggin'. Orton takes the leg out again, into a figure-four, but Michaels rolls him up for two. RKO is blocked, superkick is blocked, and Orton gets a clothesline and goes up. Bodypress gets two. Orton goes back to the leg, but Michaels reverses a Sharpshooter into one of his own. Orton makes the ropes, then turns around into Sweet Chin Music to end it at 6:01. Seemed a little short, but otherwise good. **1/2

- Johnny LeRoux is walking backstage to Alexis Laree's locker room, but Chris Nowinski cuts him off. A sarcastic welcome to RAW follows, which causes LeRoux to insult Nowinski's arrogance behind his back. Apparently, LeRoux doesn't feel welcome. That's too bad. Nowinski wonders if a shot to the face will help, but LeRoux blocks and politely tells Nowinski where to stick it. LeRoux better watch out, or he might get over.

- King of the Ring semifinal: Chris Jericho v. Kane. See, now here's where some foresight would've been nice. Jericho and Kane is (really) the only fresh matchup of the final four, so if you're going to keep booking ahead like this, wouldn't you want to mix it up? I mean, save these guys for the final or keep them apart altogether. Anyway, Kane goes right for the chokeslam, but Jericho hooks the ropes and gets a dropkick. Flying forearm and Breakdown follow as Kane bails, so Jericho goes up top and delivers a pescado. Back in, Jericho tries the facejam, but Kane won't move. Big boot and he goes up for the diving clothesline, but Christian distracts the ref and Molly distracts Kane, allowing Jericho a superplex and Lionsault for the quick pin at 3:58. I sense she's gonna regret that. *1/2

- So Bischoff calls a bunch of random midcarders into his office and says the time has come for a trade. He acts all torn up about it before pulling a Donald Trump and trading Nick Mondo. Mondo? I'm not sure he'll fit in with SmackDown!, but whatever. Mondo, of course, gets pissed by this and gives Bischoff a goodbye whack with a cane. Good for him.

- World Title: Chris Benoit v. Molly Holly. Molly opens by slapping Benoit in the face to wipe that smirk off, but that just pisses him off and he throws Molly into the corner. Mudhole stomping, Austin-style, follows, then a judo throw and armbar. Molly flips out of it and uses the armdrags, but Benoit charges and knocks Molly over with a shoulder. Northern Lights suplex gets two. Clothesline is reversed to a Fujiwara armbar, and Molly steals Christian's spot by sitting on top to add the pressure. Benoit lifts her on his back, so Molly switches to a sunset flip for two. Backslide gets two. Rana and rollup gets two. Tornado DDT attempt is blocked as Benoit sends Molly FLYING out of the ring. This time, he tosses her back in for two. Crossface still doesn't work, due to the size difference, so Molly slips out and applies her own. This is, of course, tantamount to blasphemy and Benoit knows it, so Benoit picks her up and threatens the MOTHERFUCKING BURNING HAMMER~!. Molly's seen this movie and slides back for an Unprettier, but Benoit rams her into the turnbuckle and begins the Germans. Diving headbutt finishes at 8:44. Not that I want to see Molly in the main event or anything, but these two have a decent chemistry. **1/2 Of course, Kane appears and continues his torment of Molly by Tombstoning Christian. So there.

- Meanwhile, Randy Orton is told to go home for the night. As he leaves, another car pulls into his parking spot. A luxury car. With a special Miami Hurricanes license plate. Looks like Orton left about 10 seconds too early.

- Johnny LeRoux v. TJ Wilson. Wilson chops away, but LeRoux takes over fast enough with the split-punches and a belly-to-belly. Russian legsweep gets two. Dawn Marie trips LeRoux, and Wilson clotheslines him over the top. Back in, and a slam sets up the flying elbow, but LeRoux avoids it. Suplex, powerslam, and LeRouxde Awakening finishes at 2:44. Yeah. *1/4 Chris Nowinski does a run-in and gets even for being verbally punked out earlier. So the Louisiana country boy wins the battle of wits, and the Harvard grad wins the fisticuffs? Are we in Bizarro World and no one told me?

- Governors... come out to pla-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ay...

- Main event, King of the Ring championship: Chris Jericho v. Shawn Michaels. And there's LOTS of time left in the show, too. Both men give clean breaks, then Jericho grabs a headlock. Michaels uses a headscissors to reverse, but Jericho kips up and returns to the lockup. This time, Michaels gets the headlock, but that leads to a criss-cross and Jericho getting an armdrag. He stays on the arm, but Michaels forces Jericho into the buckle and chops away. Well, you just don't outchop a Canadian, so Jericho reverses and lays into it. Well, you just don't piss off a Texan, either, so now Michaels reverses back and goes to punching. And with that, I got nothing. Michaels sends Jericho across the ring and follows with a forearm. Jericho bails, so Michaels hits his pescado and we take a break. We come back with Michaels hitting a back suplex for two. He works a front chancery for the heck of it, but Jericho turns it into a back body drop. A second one allows Michaels to work in his ten-story sell for two. Michaels hits the Flair Flip, but Jericho gets his springboard dropkick to send Michaels to the outside. Jericho follows and clears the Spanish announce table, indicating it must be a special occasion tonight. Michaels catches him and shoves him into the STEEL post, and back in, he gets a swinging neckbreaker for two. He tries the old Rocker Dropper, but Jericho reverses to Stretch Muffler. Michaels makes the ropes. Jericho with a clip, but his figure-four try is reversed to a cradle for two. Dude, didn't you watch the Orton match? Jericho goes up, but Michaels follows and the end result is Jericho with a Tornado DDT for two. Badass. Jericho tries a Lionsault, but it hits the knees and both men are hurting. Michaels is up first, and he gets a Rude Awakening for two. Top-rope kneedrop gets two, and he goes to a camel clutch, working the neck. Jericho powers out, so Michaels switches to a German suplex for two. Blind charge leads to the Holy Shit Bump 2.0, and Michaels staggers around outside. Jericho follows with a quebrada. Back in, Jericho with a German suplex of his own for two. Backbreaker gets two, as he gives up on the leg and tries the back. Kidney punches lead to a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker for two. Jericho hammers the back with knees and elbows, then stands on Michaels' back and pulls on the leg as we go to ANOTHER break. Back from commercial, and Jericho gets a superplex for two. Jericho tries a normal suplex, but Michaels slides down the back and dropkicks Jericho into the ropes, then over them on the second try. Michaels tries a tope, but Jericho catches him and hangs on, then flings Michaels into the apron. Back in, Jericho tries the Walls, but Michaels kicks him away. Now Michaels returns with a DDT for two. Flying jalapeno, but BOTH MEN kip up in a sweet visual, then a double clothesline leads to a double KO. Jericho up first, and he tries the Walls again, but Michaels rolls him up for two. Crowd is going berserk. Jericho shoves Michaels into the turnbuckle and catches him with a dragon suplex for two. Jericho slowly gets up, but Michaels nails Sweet Chin Music out of NOWHERE... for two. Mwahahahaha. He tries a second one, but Jericho gets the Walls of Jericho instead. Michaels claws, scratches, and yanks his way to the ropes. Jericho gets pissed and tosses Michaels, and his springboard plancha try knocks both men backwards and into the Spanish announcers table. Michaels is half-out, so Jericho gets a quebrada to annihilate the table. We take one last break at this point. We come back with both men chopping from their knees, but Michaels gets the advantage. He tries a suplex, but Jericho falls on top for two. Jericho goes for a Lionsault, but Michaels rolls away. Michaels pulls himself to the top, but the big elbow misses. Both men pull themselves up, both see each other, and both connect with superkicks at the same time for the Double KO... that becomes an official Double KO at 34:28. Ballsy finish to an outstanding match. **** Of course, this does leave one problem, but here's Uncle Eric...

Bischoff: "Well, well, well... after all this trouble, we have a tie. What a shame. I mean, look at Shawn Michaels, the Heartbreak Kid. I guess this is such a heartbreak for you, little man, isn't it? And then there's the former champion, Y2J. The man who battled Chris Benoit for an hour. And yet he's going to fall just short... like he always does. Just like he did at Armageddon and the Royal Rumble.

I don't know why the WWE Board of Governors even wasted their time with this tournament. I mean, it's clear right now that nobody is capable of rising to a WrestleMania-worthy challenge for the greatest wrestler alive, Chris Benoit. Such is life, I say.

So... it is my official ruling as General Manager of RAW that for the first time since its inception, there will NOT be a World Title defense at WrestleMania. I'm terribly sorry to have wasted all the fans' time with this unending tournament. And Chris, enjoy the weekend off on April 3. You've earned it. Bye."

Bischoff flashes his grin and walks around the ring as both men slowly get up and stare at him. Bischoff is about to leave when...

IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...

Bischoff's jaw plummets. The crowd goes nuts. After 20 seconds, The Rock makes his appearance. Bischoff takes a few steps back to the middle of ring. He turns around and gets nailed with Sweet Chin Music. Jericho takes the cue and executs the Lionsault on Bischoff. Michaels helps Jericho up as Rock makes it to the ring. Rock raises both men's arms. He then takes the mic Bischoff dropped.

Rock: "First things first... FINALLY - THE ROCK - HAS COME BACK - TO PENN STATE! Now, the Rock was taking his sweet time coming back from No Way Out last night, and the Rock just happened to hear the King of the Ring would end tonight. So the Rock got on the campus, parked his $50,000 Mercedes, put on his best $700 shirt, and made his way to the event. And what the Rock saw, and what the millions... and millions of the WWE's fans saw was a contest between two men who proved they deserved to headline a WrestleMania.

But the Rock says this: it is true that neither man the King of the Ring tonight. However, the Rock also knows that neither man lost. So, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, for being the best of the 16 in the King of the Ring, the Rock believes -- no, the Rock DEMANDS -- that you both should get a chance at Chris Benoit.

But this leads to a problem: is there not only one spot at WrestleMania? So how can two men who both deserve a chance get the one spot reserved for King of the Ring? The Rock says this: the HELL with the King of the Ring. Eric Bischoff may be a little mealy-mouthed piece of hair-dyed monkey crap, but he got one thing right. (Hey, it happens sometimes.) There isn't one man who has earned a shot at Chris Benoit. There isn't one man who will face Chris Benoit in Los Angeles on April 3 -- nonononono, NO.

There are two.

At WrestleMania 21, the Rock says this: it will be Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, and Shawn Michaels in a triple threat match for the World Heavyweight Title. No countout, no disqualification, no interference under threat of immediate termination of contract, no time limit, no nothing! We will find out who is RAW's top superstar, and we will find out in just six weeks' time! And the Rock guaran-damn-tees that we will see the most scintillating night in Sports Entertainment when these three men step into the ring at once IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL... What the Rock - is - cooking!"

The Bottom Line:

What can I add? Seriously, what can I add that would not be gratuitous? I said last night that RAW would need to find a way to live up to its end of the deal when WrestleMania came around, and right out of the gate they pull this. Just one thing, though: Benoit and Jericho went about 40 minutes before a decision, and Jericho lasted 35 with Michaels. All three can go an hour, so how long will the match at WrestleMania be?

Answer: Who cares?

Now that is going to be one hell of a main event!!!!!

Last couple shows have been great Dukes, and the build toward Mania is going very well.

But you'd better keep that damn Cajun away from my Alexis :angry:

• Admin

That's nothing - Benoit / HHH went an hour last year :shifty:

Nice set-up for Mania Dukes, but can't say I'm too keen on Michaels being in it. However, should be a good match, looking foward to Mania.