2. Pick the winner: Matt Hardy v. Eddie Guerrero

3. Pick the winner: La Résistance v. Booker T and Scott Hall

4. Who pins whom? Hall over Grenier

5. Pick the winner: Ron Simmons v. Nathan Jones

6. Who, if anyone, will be Simmons's manager? No One

7. Pick the winner: Alexis Laree v. Jackie Gayda

8. Pick the winner: Ron Killings v. Jose Maximo

BONUS MOMENTS

9. When someone retires, either they pass the torch or they get beaten up as a goodbye. Which will happen?

10. Who will be involved in it? Edge

11. Of the following three options, which will describe the outcome of Kidman's decision:

A. He joins Undertaker to be reunited with Torrie

B. He recovers Torrie from Undertaker

C. He leaves Torrie and goes on his own

THE ROYAL RUMBLE

12 and 13. Who drew #1 and #2? Lance Storm and Ultimo Dragon

14. Who drew #30? Bradshaw

15. Who wins? Edge

16. Who is second? Jericho

17 and 18. Who finishes third and fourth? Batista and Christian

19. Who will spend the most time in the ring? Orton

20. Who will be credited with the most eliminations? Batista

21. How often will only one person be in the ring (apart from, obviously, the very end)? Twice

22. One person advertised for the Rumble will withdraw. Who? Kidman

23. Who will be picked to replace that person? Hogan

• Admin

1. Chris Benoit v. Molly Holly

2. Matt Hardy v. Eddie Guerrero

3. La Résistance v. Booker T and Scott Hall

4. Who pins whom? Dupree pins Booker

5. Ron Simmons v. Nathan Jones

6. Who, if anyone, will be Simmons's manager? No-one

7. Alexis Laree v. Jackie Gayda

8. Ron Killings v. Jose Maximo

BONUS MOMENTS

9. When someone retires, either they pass the torch or they get beaten up as a goodbye. Which will happen? Beating!

10. Who will be involved in it? Orton & Batista

11. Of the following three options, which will describe the outcome of Kidman's decision:

THE ROYAL RUMBLE

12 and 13. Who drew #1 and #2? (Answers will be considered interchangeable.) Paul London & Nova

14. Who drew #30? Brock Lesnar

15. Who wins? Edge

16. Who is second? Randy Orton

17 and 18. Who finishes third and fourth? (Answers will be considered interchangeable.) Chris Jericho & Kurt Angle

19. Who will spend the most time in the ring? Edge

20. Who will be credited with the most eliminations? Kane

21. How often will only one person be in the ring (apart from, obviously, the very end)? Twice

22. One person advertised for the Rumble will withdraw. Who? Billy Kidman

23. Who will be picked to replace that person? Scott Colt

BTW Dukes, I just want to take this moment to say great diary. I've been following it for a while now, and it never fails to entertain. I'm most intrigued by the Kidman / Taker storyline, and can't wait to see how you pay it off.

NON-"RUMBLE" MATCHES

1. Pick the winner: Chris Benoit v. Molly Holly

4. Who pins whom? Grenier pins Hall

6. Who, if anyone, will be Simmons's manager? Nobody

BONUS MOMENTS

9. When someone retires, either they pass the torch or they get beaten up as a goodbye

10. Who will be involved in it? Orton and the Rock.

A. He joins Undertaker to be reunited with Torrie (and Turn before Mania)

THE ROYAL RUMBLE

12 and 13. Who drew #1 and #2? (Answers will be considered interchangeable.) Brock and Angle

14. Who drew #30? Sting

15. Who wins? Edge

17 and 18. Who finishes third and fourth? (Answers will be considered interchangeable.) Sting and Angle

20. Who will be credited with the most eliminations? Jericho

21. How often will only one person be in the ring (apart from, obviously, the very end)? 3 times

22. One person advertised for the Rumble will withdraw. Who? Tracy

23. Who will be picked to replace that person? Sting

1. Chris Benoit v. Molly Holly

2. Matt Hardy v. Eddie Guerrero by DQ of course

3. La Résistance v. Booker T and Scott Hall

4. Who pins whom? Dupree pins Booker

5. Ron Simmons v. Nathan Jones

6. Who, if anyone, will be Simmons's manager? Konnan

7. Alexis Laree v. Jackie Gayda

8. Ron Killings v. Jose Maximo

BONUS MOMENTS

9. When someone retires, either they pass the torch or they get beaten up as a goodbye. Which will happen? Torch Passing onto Edge

10. Who will be involved in it? Hogan & Edge

B. He recovers Torrie from Undertaker (anything that involves Andy and Lindsay splitting is diary suicide and Andy wont go evil)

THE ROYAL RUMBLE

12 and 13. Who drew #1 and #2? (Answers will be considered interchangeable.) Eric Angle & Kurt Angle

14. Who drew #30? Randy Orton

15. Who wins? Chris Jericho

16. Who is second? Edge

17 and 18. Who finishes third and fourth? (Answers will be considered interchangeable.) Randy Orton & Kane

21. How often will only one person be in the ring (apart from, obviously, the very end)? None

23. Who will be picked to replace that person? Eric Angle

Edited by TheAce

NON-"RUMBLE" MATCHES

4. Who pins whom? Booker T on Rene

6. Who, if anyone, will be Simmons's manager? None

BONUS MOMENTS

9. When someone retires, either they pass the torch or they get beaten up as a goodbye. Which will happen? Torch

10. Who will be involved in it? Edge and Hogan

THE ROYAL RUMBLE

12 and 13. Who drew #1 and #2? (Answers will be considered interchangeable.) Edge and Bradshaw

14. Who drew #30? Randy Orton

15. Who wins? Edge

17 and 18. Who finishes third and fourth? (Answers will be considered interchangeable.) Angle and Eric Angle

21. How often will only one person be in the ring (apart from, obviously, the very end)? twice

23. Who will be picked to replace that person? Eric Angle

NON-"RUMBLE" MATCHES

4. Who pins whom? Dupree over Booker

6. Who, if anyone, will be Simmons's manager? Jacqueline :rolleyes:

BONUS MOMENTS

9. When someone retires, either they pass the torch or they get beaten up as a goodbye. Which will happen? Pass The Torch

10. Who will be involved in it? Edge

THE ROYAL RUMBLE

12 and 13. Who drew #1 and #2? (Answers will be considered interchangeable.) Rob Van Dam and Christian

14. Who drew #30? Batista

15. Who wins? Edge

16. Who is second? Kurt Angle

17 and 18. Who finishes third and fourth? (Answers will be considered interchangeable.) Triple H and Shawn Michaels

19. Who will spend the most time in the ring? Christian

20. Who will be credited with the most eliminations? The Undertaker

21. How often will only one person be in the ring (apart from, obviously, the very end)? Once

23. Who will be picked to replace that person? Sting

Your Rumble list: Batista, Billy Kidman, Brock Lesnar, Bull Buchanan, Charlie Haas, Chris Harris, Chris Jericho, Chris Matthews, Chris Nowinski, Christian, Edge, Hurricane, Joey Matthews, Jonathan Bradshaw, Kane, Kurt Angle, Lance Storm, Michael Shane, Nick Mondo, Nova, Paul London, Randy Orton, Rey Misterio, Rob Van Dam, Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjamin, Tracy, Triple H, Ultimo Dragon, Undertaker

I lose. ^_^

One World Leader. Entertainment. Et cetera.

It's all black, except for when someone is shown on camera, but even then, they are shown in black-and-white.

Chris Jericho: "I am a professional wrestler."

Edge: "I work every day..."

Rey Misterio: "...and every night."

Lance Storm: "This is my life..."

Billy Kidman: "...my family..."

Rob Van Dam: "...my sense of being."

Kurt Angle: "I have suffered broken bones..."

Nick Mondo: "...and lost blood like water."

Joey and Chris Matthews: "I am a professional wrestler."

Shelton Benjamin: "I can be anyone..."

Triple H: "...of any size..."

Tracy: "...and any shape."

Charlie Haas: "My goal remains the same."

Randy Orton, Batista, and Michael Shane: "I am a professional wrestler."

Kane: "I may use strength..."

Hurricane: "...I may use speed..."

Chris Nowinski: "...or I may use guile."

Nova and Paul London: "I may have allies..."

Undertaker: "...or I may avoid enemies..."

Brock Lesnar: "...but tonight I work alone."

Jonathan Bradshaw: "Words mean nothing to me..."

Bull Buchanan: "...consolation prizes mean nothing to me..."

Ultimo Dragon: "...alliances..."

Chris Harris: "...friendships..."

Shawn Michaels: "...all mean nothing in this battle."

All thirty entrants: "I am a professional wrestler. I am an army of one."

Eric Bischoff: "Tonight..."

Roddy Piper: "...the war begins."

And now, The US Army, RAW, SmackDown!, and World Wrestling Entertainment are proud to present...

THE ROYAL RUMBLE

THIRTY TIMES THE PYRO BUT IT'S GOING OFF EVERY TWO TENTHS OF A SECOND as we are live Live LIVE from Fresno, California for the January tradition! Sign in the crowd: "29 Men, 1 ROCK SUPERSTAR Y2J!" Gee, wonder who he's rooting for?

Michael Cole: "Thirty people have a single goal, and by the end of the night, we'll see the light at the end of the tunnel on the Road to WrestleMania! Welcome, everyone, to the Royal Rumble!"

The hard-driving APA music kicks means it's time for our first match.

Michael Cole: "I'm Michael Cole, alongside James E. Cornette. We'll have the SmackDown! matches for you. DDP and Dan the Dragon have the RAW matches, and we have Good Ol' JR and Paul Heyman back together for the Royal Rumble itself, but first, Corny, we have a hard-hitting match for you."

Jim Cornette: "That's right, Michael Cole, and the big side-story is how the gold-digger Paul Heyman is trying to get his hands on the success Ron Simmons has had so far, but we gotta see if it'll hold up here as he grants the return match to the man he won the belt from in Baghdad."

Tony Chimel: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the WWE United States championship! Introducing first, from Warner-Robbins, GA, weighing in at 270 pounds, the WWE United States Champion, Ron Simmons! And the challenger, being accompanied by Shannon 'Psycho' Ward, from Queensland, Australia, weighing in at 330 pounds, Nathan Jones!"

WWE United States Title match: Ron Simmons (champion) vs. Nathan Jones (challenger)

Jones charges Simmons, but Simmons gets Jones trapped in the corner and pounds on him. He whips Jones across the ring and charges, slamming his shoulder into Jones’ gut. Repeated shoulder thrusts follow, and Simmons pulls Jones out of the corner and goes for a suplex. Jones punches his way out of it and flattens Simmons with a right cross. He mounts Simmons and punches away, but Simmons rakes the eyes and pulls Jones to his feet. Jones is whipped into the ropes, but he stops and sidesteps a Simmons tackle, causing Simmons to fall through the ropes and out of the ring.

Jones follows him to the outside, picking him up and tossing him into the post. Back in the ring, Jones tosses Simmons into the ropes and hits him with a big boot. He covers for two. Jones picks Simmons up and whips him into the corner. He measures Simmons and begins punching him down with lefts and rights until Simmons slumps in the corner. Jones picks Simmons up and sets up for one last haymaker, but Simmons ducks it and throws Jones to the mat with his spinebuster. He backs up and gets into a three-point stance, but Shannon Ward grabs onto his foot. Simmons argues with Ward, allowing Jones to recover and nail Simmons with a running fist.

Jones covers for two. Jones picks Simmons up, but Simmons fights Jones off and gets a clothesline. He goes to the top rope, flying off and hitting a shoulderblock on Jones. He yells at Jones to get up as Ward distracts the referee and drops the US title into the ring. Jones rolls over and gets it, then charges Simmons. Simmons ducks the beltshot, and as Jones runs to the ropes, Stephanie McMahon appears and drops his throat on the top rope. Jones drops the belt and staggers backwards, walking into a powerslam from Simmons. Simmons covers, and the ref gives him the three-count.

WINNER and STILL WWE United States Champion: Ron Simmons (7:24)

Michael Cole: "What a shocker! Not only is Ron Simmons still the United States champion, but look who he has by his side!"

Jim Cornette: "Well, it does make some sense, Michael Cole, cuz after all, look at the success she brought to RVD and the Hurricane, guiding them to the finals of the WWE Tag Team Title tournament, and now she's poised to do the same thing with the US champion, plus, well, she's a McMahon, and they're always good to have on your side, ain't they?"

Michael Cole: "You bring up a good point. Now, folks, we're going to go to Good Ol' JR and Paul Heyman for a preview of the big one, the Royal Rumble itself."

Jim Ross: "Thank you, Michael. Well, Paul, we ride again for the 2005 Royal Rumble. Thirty men, one goal, as they say."

Paul Heyman: "Oh, no doubt about it. The biggest hour in the sports entertainment calendar is right here. Anyone from the former champs to the debutants has a chance to walk out of this ring tonight with a ticket punched for WrestleMania!"

Jim Ross: "People talk about how you wanna start late, but then they mention that #30 has never won the thing -- why is that, Paul?"

Paul Heyman: "Well, in part, it's because of what #30 is. It's the freshest man. In any event like this, having the priority seating puts a bulls-eye on you. You wanna make sure you can sneak in under the radar--"

Heyman is interrupted by a tap on his shoulder.

Paul Heyman: "Wh-- yes, can I help you?"

Tracy says something, but we can't hear it as she isn't miked.

Paul Heyman: "Tajiri? Yeah, he's here -- check the SmackDown! locker room."

She waves and leaves.

Jim Ross: "What was that about?"

Paul Heyman: "Damned if I know. Anyway, the biggest key to winning an event like this is to keep a low profile and make the move at just the right moment. The guys who try to clear the ring are the guys who make impacts, but almost never the guys who win."

Jim Ross: "All right, that's coming up later tonight. But for now, let's go to my RAW broadcast partner DDP and the Dragon, Dan Wilson, for coverage of our next match."

The decidedly French music means it's time for a Street Fight.

Dan Wilson: "Thank you, JR, and what a match we got in store here, Dallas. This is two-on-two, one fall to the finish, and nothing sacred."

Dallas Page: "That's exactly right, Dan, and with the wild-card, Lucy, on the outside, the advantage rests with the champions."

Lilian Garcia: "The following contest is a street fight scheduled for one fall and it is for the World Tag Team Championships. Introducing first, accompanied by Lucille LaChienne, from Paris, France, at a total combined weight of 492 pounds, the World Tag Team champions, Sylvain Grenier and René Dupree, La Résistance!"

Dan Wilson: "The champions looking as impressive as always, and ready for a no-holds-barred shootout with a pair of seasoned veterans who claimed they had something special for their foes."

Dallas Page: "Hey, when you've been around a while, you look for any advantage you can get, and... WHOA!"

Dan Wilson: "Looks like we have an equalizer at ringside! Let's go to Lilian Garcia for the official word!"

Lilian Garcia: "And the challengers, now being accompanied by Stacy Keibler, at a total combined weight of 522 pounds, the team of Scott Hall and Booker T!"

Street Fight for the World Tag Team titles: La Résistance (w/Lucille LaChienne, champions) vs. Booker T and Scott Hall (w/Stacy Keibler, challengers)

To no one’s surprise, this is a brawl to start, as Grenier and Booker renew acquaintances and Hall and Dupree duke it out. The champs are in control to start, but Booker blocks a slap and reverses. He whips Grenier as Dupree whips Hall, and in the collision, Hall knocks over Grenier. Dupree charges, but Hall drops down and Booker clotheslines Dupree. Hall tosses Grenier to the outside as Booker works over Dupree inside, slamming him and hitting the tiptoe kneedrop for two. On the outside, Hall sends Grenier into the guardrail, then reaches under the ring and produces a chair.

Hall tosses Booker the chair, but when Booker turns around, Dupree dropkicks the chair into Booker’s face. Dupree grabs the chair and heads outside, where Hall is preparing to give the Razor’s Edge to Grenier. Dupree cracks Hall with the chair, and Grenier backdrops Hall on the mat. Dupree re-enters as Grenier grabs a chair from ringside, and the two men wait for Booker to stand. They try a ConChairTo, but Booker ducks, then bounces off the ropes and clotheslines both men. Grenier staggers up as Hall re-enters the ring, and Hall dives off the second rope with a bulldog on Grenier. He covers, but Dupree breaks it up.

Dupree slams down Hall, but gets grabbed by Booker for a back suplex. Booker looks around and sees the ring is cleared. He drops to one knee and stares at his hand, but Lucille enters the ring and smacks Booker with the flagpole. This draws Stacy in, and she slaps Lucille. The two begin slapping each other before beginning a full-fledged catfight. Grenier breaks it up, grabbing Stacy by the hair. However, this opens the door for Hall, who spins Grenier around and connects with a fallaway slam. Hall signals for the Edge, but Dupree is back up and gets a swinging neckbreaker. He picks Booker up in the abdominal stretch, and Grenier comes over and kicks Booker in the exposed ribs before tossing Hall to the outside.

Dupree stands over Booker and dances back and forth. He bounces off the ropes twice before diving at Booker with an elbowdrop. He covers, but Booker is up at two. Dupree calls Lucille into the ring as Grenier chokes Hall on the outside with TV cables. Lucille prepares the flagpole as Dupree holds Booker, but Lucille’s swing misses a ducking Booker and nails Dupree. On the outside, Hall escapes the choke and tosses Grenier into the steps. He enters as Lucille stands in shock. Hall grabs Lucille from behind and sets her up for the Razor’s Edge.

Dupree tries to cut it off, but Stacy grabs Dupree’s foot. Dupree can only watch as Hall executes the Razor’s Edge on Lucille. Grenier, though, recovers and tosses Stacy into the ring. Dupree grabs Stacy, but she goes low on him. Booker gets a dropkick on Dupree as Hall tosses Grenier back out. With the champs on the outside, Booker drops to one knee and stares at his hand. Hall stops him, then drops and stares at HIS hand. Hall then drops to his back and sort-of spins to his feet. As he does, though, Dupree returns and cracks Hall on the skull with a chairshot. He gives one to Booker as well, then turns his attention to Stacy.

Stacy cowers in fear, but soon decides to distract. She yanks her dress off, leaving herself in her underwear. Dupree stands slack-jawed, but Grenier enters the ring unfazed. He picks Hall up, then (eventually) gets Dupree’s attention. The champs give Hall La Crepe on a chair, and Dupree covers. Grenier blocks Booker, and the champs retain.

WINNERS and STILL World Tag Team Champions: La Résistance (14:11)

Dan Wilson: "And after a... a bizarre match, but a heated encounter, it appears that La Résistance are still your tag team champions."

Dallas Page: "Did you notice what I did? It appeared that Stacy's little distraction was... was ignored by Grenier! That was kind of interesting."

Dan Wilson: "Well, Sylvain did not take his eyes off the prize tonight."

Dallas Page: "He took his eyes off one of them."

We go backstage, where Kidman is walking with a purpose. He runs into Triple H.

Triple H: "Kidman... where the hell do you think you're going?"

Billy Kidman: "I'm off to the ring. I wanna get back with my wife."

Triple H: "You sure? Take it from me, Billy... women are the root cause of all the trouble in this business. You're better off without that two-timing tramp."

Billy Kidman: "I don't think so. She is not a two-timer. Now let me pass before you say something else you're gonna regret."

Triple H: "Fine. Learn the hard way. I guess there's nothing I can do."

Triple H walks off, leaving Kidman to face the ring, more determined than ever.

Billy Kidman: "There's something I HAVE to do."

Kidman's music plays as we return to the arena. He walks through the curtain and heads to the ring.

Michael Cole: "Well, Corny, it looks like the moment of truth is upon us. Billy Kidman is out here, and he looks mad."

Jim Cornette: "He is mad, completely nuts, Michael Cole, cuz he can't seem to get through his head that he is not married anymore, that his life is in ruins, his wife has found comfort with another man, and... I guess it's understandable, but..."

Billy Kidman: "Undertaker -- I've decided. I want you out here to hear my decision. My wife means everything to me, and you've laid down the rules. So bring her out here... and come on out. This wasn't easy, Undertaker. Don't make even harder on me. Please."

The lights go out. A single gong is heard. Eerie organ music begins as a second gong plays. Lightning strikes the stage, sending up a wall of fire, behind which emerge the Undertaker and Torrie Wilson, still a Creature of the Night. The two somberly walk to the ring. Torrie holds the ropes open as Taker glides through. Taker restores the light to the building, and he and Kidman stare down.

Billy Kidman: "Listen... you've placed me in a difficult situation. Before I decide whether to join you... and her... I need to know she's truly on your side. So what I propose is that we stand in opposite corners, and Torrie shows her allegiance. Whichever way she goes... that'll determine where we stand. Okay?"

Taker nods.

Billy Kidman: "All right. Now, let's go to corners. Torrie... I know you can hear me... stay in the middle of the ring. When we tell you, go to your man -- whoever that is -- and you gotta choose one or the other. All right?"

Torrie slowly walks to the center of the ring. Kidman and Taker take their positions in opposite corners.

Billy Kidman: "Okay, honey -- please. I need to know. Do what you have to do."

Torrie stands in the middle of the ring as Kidman slowly motions for her to approach him. She looks to Kidman, starting to lean that way. Taker extends his arm, beckoning Torrie. Torrie turns to look at him and leans in that direction. Kidman drops to his knees, pleading with Torrie. She turns to face him, taking the first few steps in that direction, but constantly looking over her shoulder. Taker drops to one knee and hits the urn salute pose.

At this, Torrie freezes and slowly turns around. She begins an emotionless walk across the ring, the same as she does in her entrance. She's almost across the ring when Kidman gets to his feet and dashes across, grabbing Torrie's black pearl necklace and, in one motion, yanking it off of her neck. It snaps as he throws it across the ring. Torrie is unharmed, but stops dead in her tracks.

She blinks a few times as the camera focuses on her. She stares at Taker, who emphasizes his urging by further outstretching his arm. Her face goes from a blank stare to blind rage as she steps next to him. She winds up and slaps him with all her might before turning and leaping into Kidman's arms. The camera picks up Kidman saying "I knew it" and Torrie saying "I missed you, dear" as the two embrace and kiss. Taker stands up, wild-eyed and sneering, before charging and knocking over the two lovebirds with a single clothesline.

Kidman bounces up first and charges Taker, who grabs Kidman by the throat. He holds him aloft for ten seconds before depositing him on the mat with a chokeslam. Torrie slowly gets to her feet and sees Kidman down. She goes to tend to him, but Taker grabs Torrie by the hair. He picks her up and lifts her over his shoulder. He slides her into position and delivers the Tombstone to Torrie. He grabs the microphone dropped earlier by Kidman.

Undertaker: "If I cannot have my Creature... I will destroy her... to keep her from others... Kidman... Torrie... you will both rest... in... peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeace..."

The gong begins Undertaker's music as the announcers go silent. We fade to black.

Survivor Series is now available on DVD! Witness the finals of the WWE Tag Team Tournament! See if Team Turmoil defeats Team Mattitude! And the Survivor Series tradition continues: the 3rd annual Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship! All available wherever videos are sold!

We go back to the RAW desk.

Dan Wilson: "Well, we're back, and... Page, I don't know what to say. That was just... bizarre. I... I don't know."

Dallas Page: "I guess he really is in touch with the Darkness. But... well, Dan, we gotta go back to what makes RAW great: good matches. And we got one up next."

Dan Wilson: "We can hope so. Let's go Lilian for the introductions."

Lilian Garcia: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall and is for the Women's Championship. Introducing first, accompanied by Johnny Jeter, from Cleveland, OH, the challenger, Jackie Gayda! And her opponent, from Richmond, VA, the Women's Champion, Alexis Laree!"

Women's title match: Alexis Laree (champion) vs. Jackie Gayda (w/Johnny Jeter) (challenger)

Laree attacks Jackie and tosses her into the corner. She staggers out into a rana from Laree. Laree pounds on Jackie before picking her up and sending her into the ropes, hitting a back elbow on the way out. Laree knocks Jeter off the apron, then grabs Jackie and races up the corner, hitting the LareeDT. That gets a surprisingly easy three-count.

WINNER and STILL Women's Champion: Alexis Laree (1:32)

Dan Wilson: "And no sweat for Alexis Laree tonight!"

Dallas Page: "That's two years in a row, Danny! Two in a row she's won a Women's Title match in convincing fashion! Alexis Laree may well be the greatest female wrestler in some time!"

We go backstage, where we see EMTs putting Torrie Wilson in an ambulance. Billy Kidman follows, his face a mask of concern. Roddy Piper comes by as well.

Roddy Piper: "Hey! Hey Kidman! Look... I just wanna say if... if you wanna get out of the Rumble and go help Torrie... I'll find someone else."

Billy Kidman: "You sure?"

Roddy Piper: "Yeah. Go ahead."

Billy Kidman: "Thanks, man."

Kidman gets in the ambulance with Torrie, holding her hand as the camera zooms in on it -- both of them are wearing their wedding rings. The doors close, and the ambulance heads off into the night. We return to ringside as "Ch-Check It Out" plays.

Michael Cole: "A very unfortunate and devastating situation here tonight, as the Undertaker absolutely destroyed poor Torrie, who did nothing but exercise her own free will."

Jim Cornette: "She slapped him, Michael Cole!"

Michael Cole: "I think there's more to it than that. We're going to have to find out, but... for now, we have Cruiserweight action that you can only see on SmackDown!"

Tony Chimel: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship! Introducing first, from Charlotte, North Carolina, weighing 220 pounds, the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, 3 Live Kru's Ron "The Truth" Killings!"

Michael Cole: "This all started when Joel Maximo lost a Loser Leaves SmackDown! match to Konnan, and this is about gaining a small measure of revenge against the Kru, despite the fact that Joel asked for it."

Jim Cornette: "Well, ya gotta give credit to Jose, he's not sittin' in the back cryin' over his luck, he's gonna start a new career on his own, and it begins tonight."

Tony Chimel: "And the challenger, from Guadalajara, Mexico, weighing in at 180 pounds, Jose Maximo!"

WWE Cruiserweight Title match: Ron Killings (champion) vs. Jose Maximo (challenger)

Jose and Killings lock up, and Killings backs Jose into the corner, offering a clean break. Jose punches Ron instead, and a slugfest breaks out. Killings sends Jose into the corner, but he leaps onto the second turnbuckle and hits a charging Killings with a moonsault press. Jose punches away on Killings, who fights Jose off and waits. Jose charges, but Killings “olés” him into the turnbuckle and cradles him on the rebound, getting one. Jose tries a rana, but Killings catches him, so Jose does the Kidman reversal into a facebuster instead. Jose runs the ropes as Killings stands, and Jose dropkicks Killings to the outside. Jose runs the ropes and nails a plancha onto Killings.

Both men return to the ring, where Jose gets a running bulldog on Killings by the corner. He hops to the first turnbuckle and gets a moonsault. He hops up, hops to the second turnbuckle, and gets another moonsault. He hops up, climbs to the top, and tries another, but Killings gets the knees up. Killings gets a Hennig neck snap as Jose gets up, then turns and delivers a running knee to the face of a seated Jose. He covers for two. Killings waits for Jose to stand, then runs and tries a Kru Kutter. Jose stands his ground, though, and Killings winds up landing hard on the mat.

Jose hits a seated dropkick to Killings’ back, then goes to the top rope. He dives off with a senton, but Killings is ready and uses the momentum to cradle for two. Jose tries a sunset flip, but Killings sits down for two before Jose completes it for two, but Killings shoves Jose over and reverses for two. Jose gets a jack-knife pin for two, but Killings bridges and reverses to a backslide for two. Both men get up, and Killings tries a clothesline, but Jose ducks and gets a facejam when Killings turns around. Jose leaps to the top rope and does a full-flip legdrop onto Killings. He covers, and he gets the three and the title.

WINNER and NEW WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Jose Maximo (7:37)

Michael Cole: "New champion! Jose Maximo has his revenge for his brother and is the new Cruiserweight Champion!"

Jim Cornette: "A big win for the young man, just 21 years of age, and here he is, atop the WWE's Cruiserweight Division, ready to be the next big thing in the world of high-flying wrestling!"

The Supershow tour hits the Pacific in the coming weeks! Tomorrow night, get ready for a double-shot of television tapings in San Jose! Tuesday, it's off to Honolulu, Hawaii! This weekend, the WWE goes overseas to Saitama, Japan! Next Sunday, we're off to Anchorage, Alaska! And all this leads up to No Way Out in Pittsburgh in three weeks, and the big one, WrestleMania 21, on April 3 in Hollywood! RAW and SmackDown! fans, get ready for history in the making!

Dallas Page: "Aloha! I'm ready for the stop in Hawaii, and I can't wait for my first ever visit to Japan! Hey, Danny, ain't that a Good Thing?"

Dan Wilson: "I would say so, and up next, we may have something good, or... well, it could be a disaster."

Dallas Page: "That's right, Danny, cuz for Molly Holly, she can make history... or she can be history."

"She's a Lady" plays and we're off!

Lilian Garcia: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the World Heavyweight Championship! Introducing first, the challenger, from Mobile, Alabama, the first ever woman to challenge for the World Title on Pay-Per-View, Molly Holly! And her opponent, from Evolution, the World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Benoit!"

Benoit enters the ring and we have the big staredown. Benoit smirks and shakes his head in pity at Molly, who slaps Benoit across the face as Earl Hebner calls for the bell.

World Heavyweight title match: Chris Benoit (champion) vs. Molly Holly (challenger)

Benoit laughs, so Molly throws her forearms into Benoit’s head, backing him into the ropes. She whips him into the ropes, and on the way out, Molly connects with an elbowsmash, dizzying Benoit. Molly dropkicks Benoit down, then climbs grabs his arm and does the twisting arm wrench. She holds the armbar, but Benoit gets to his feet and hiptosses Molly. He adds a right cross as Molly stands, dropping her.

He goes to the cross armlock, pulling on Molly’s hand as she yells in pain. Molly bridges off her back, then flips over to her feet, spinning Benoit off of her arm. He gets up, but Molly gets a spinkick to knock him down. She bounces off the ropes as Benoit gets up and hurls herself at Benoit, knocking the both of them over with a bodypress. Benoit bails to the outside, while Molly climbs to the top rope and nails a pescado onto Benoit. She returns to the ring as Benoit clears the cobwebs.

Benoit steps into the ring and locks up with Molly. He gets a suplex and floats over, holding the cover for two. Benoit and Molly lock up again, and Benoit shoves Molly back into the corner and delivers a LOUD open-handed slap to her face. He winds up again, but stops short of Molly’s pre-emptive duck. He grabs her from behind in a waistlock instead, hitting a German suplex, rolling through it, standing up, hitting another German suplex, rolling through again, standing, and hitting the third German suplex.

Benoit climbs to the top rope and makes the cut-throat signal. He dives, but Molly rolls away and avoids the headbutt. Molly bounces off the ropes and tries to clothesline Benoit, but Benoit grabs the arm and tries to land the Crossface. Molly’s too small, though, and her arm slips loose. She slides out of the ring to avoid a second try. Benoit follows her to the outside, but an attempt to toss Molly into the steps ends when Molly instead uses the post as a fulcrum to swing up the stairs and onto the apron, entering the ring.

Benoit follows her in and clubs on her back before hooking up and trying another German suplex. Molly, however, blocks, then reverses to a Diamond Cutter. With Benoit down, Molly climbs to the top. Benoit stands, Molly flies, but Benoit catches her. He staggers backwards, keeps his balance, and races forward, powerbombing Molly over the top rope and straight to the floor. Benoit stands back and spits on his hands, wiping them clean as Hebner counts an unconscious Molly out.

WINNER by countout (and therefore STILL World Heavyweight Champion): Chris Benoit (9:43)

Dan Wilson: "Dear God! Benoit hasn't just won the match... he... what an emphatic statement made! He just put Molly's lights out the way he did to Mondo at Unforgiven!"

Dallas Page: "I... she seems to be okay... I mean, she'll probably need to be checked for a concussion, but... WOW. That could have easily killed her. Good thing Benoit was only interested in winning the match."

Dan Wilson: "You ain't kiddin' there. Molly will fight another day, but tonight, she ran into an unstoppable force known as Chris Benoit. Well, that does it for the two of us, so let's throw it to Michael Cole and James E. Cornette, who will take it from here for our next match tonight."

Michael Cole: "Thank you, Dan, and it certainly is a welcome sight to see Molly able to walk away with a little help... let me tell you, Corny, you and I both remember the Crippler, followed him throughout his WWE career... this is a dangerous individual."

Jim Cornette: "And he's doubly dangerous now that he's the World Champion over on RAW, as it's pretty clear that there's no way, no move, no nothin' that he won't do, just to keep the belt around his waist, which is what a champion should be all about."

Michael Cole: "Well, a champion should be about winning, and certainly that's what Benoit did, but if he could get it done in the ring that would be better. And folks, our next two competitors are more than capable of getting it done in the ring. It's the WWE Championship, and it is... hang on... I'm getting word we have to go to the back now."

So we do. Roddy Piper is standing with Kevin Kelly.

Kevin Kelly: "I'm here with SmackDown! General Manager and future Governor of the WWE Rowdy Roddy Piper. Roddy, with Billy Kidman's withdrawal from the Royal Rumble, how do you plan to handle the open slot?"

Roddy Piper: "Well, Kev, there's not enough time for me to hold a qualifier, but I think I know what to do with it. I've been asking around, and I found someone who has accepted the position, but... out of deference to the fact that he's a fallback option, I won't say who he is. I have one more person I wanna ask tonight, and I plan on asking him very soon."

Kevin Kelly: "But either way, there will be a 30th individual in the Rumble?"

Roddy Piper: "That is correct."

Kevin Kelly: "Thank you very much. Roddy Piper has made the proclamation -- the Rumble will still be 30 men, 1 dream. Back to ringside with Jim and Michael."

VIVA GUERRERO! introduces the Mexican trumpet blasts of Eddie's theme. Eddie Guerrero emerges from the back with a Mexican flag robe and green tights as the announcer begins to tell us all about the next match.

Tony Chimel: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the WWE Heavyweight Championship! Introducing first, the challenger: from El Paso, Texas, weighing in at 222 pounds, Eddie Guerrero! And his opponent, from Cameron, North Carolina, weighing in this evening at 237 pounds, he is the WWE Heavyweight Champion, Matt Hardy Version 2.0!"

WWE Heavyweight Title match: Matt Hardy (champion) vs. Eddie Guerrero (challenger)

They lock up, and Matt gets a headlock. Eddie fights in it, trying to shove Matt off, but he maintains. Eddie races to the corner, but Matt runs up the turnbuckle and tries a bulldog. Eddie counters that by shoving Matt back into the ring and dropkicking his back as he lands. Eddie dropkicks Matt as he gets up, then catches a charging Matt in an armdrag. Matt falls into the corner, so Eddie charges in and gets a ten-punch count-along into a monkey flip. Matt quickly scoots to the outside to take a breather, and Eddie waits him out.

Matt stands on the apron, but Eddie uses the top rope to slingshot him into the ring. Eddie drops an elbow three times, then hooks a front chancery. Matt shoves Eddie into the turnbuckle. He charges, but Eddie catches him and gets an inverted atomic drop. Eddie tries a dropkick, but Matt brushes it aside. He picks Eddie up and delivers a gutwrench suplex. He covers for two. Matt picks Eddie up and sends him into the ropes, hitting a Bossman slam on the way out and getting another two.

Matt stomps away on Eddie, yelling at him to get up. Eddie pulls himself up until Matt hooks the head and DDTs Eddie. He covers again, but again it’s two. Matt argues the count with the referee, but to no avail. He picks Eddie up and tosses him into the corner. Matt pounds away on Eddie before sending him across the ring, where Eddie hits the turnbuckle chest-first. Matt climbs the turnbuckle, hollers, and drops the leg on Eddie. He covers again, but Eddie’s shoulder is up at two.

Matt picks Eddie up and throws him outside the ring. He follows and slugs Eddie down, then sends him into the steps on the outside. Matt begins to clear the Spanish announcers’ table, but the referee tells him to get back in the ring. Matt throws Eddie in and follows, springboarding to the top rope and dropkicking Eddie in the face. Matt picks Eddie up and tries to send him into the ropes, but Eddie hangs on and drags Matt down by the arm. He puts his full weight on Matt’s arm before picking him up and delivering a hammerlock slam.

Eddie keeps the hammerlock on, shifting to a cross-face chicken wing. Matt struggles in the hold, rolling to the ropes and getting his legs in them to break. Eddie drags Matt in an armbar to the center of the ring, picking Matt up and getting a jumping arm breaker. He tries to get a second one, but Matt slips out of it and clips Eddie. He backs Eddie into the ropes and chops away at him before sending him for the ride. Matt gets a belly-to-belly throw on the way out and crawls over to cover, but they’re near the ropes and Eddie’s foot gets there at two.

Matt tries to drag Eddie to the center of the ring, but Eddie yanks Matt’s arm and sends him outside. As Matt gets up, Eddie runs the ropes and produces a tope con hilo on Matt. Back in, Eddie hits a slingshot senton to the arm of Matt. Eddie gets a cross armlock on Matt, but Matt fights his way to his feet, forcing Eddie to break. Eddie gets an armdrag on Matt, but when he charges, Eddie gets caught by Matt with the Side Effect. Matt pulls himself up by the ropes, then heads out to the top. He dives off with a swanton bomb, but Eddie rolls away and Matt crashes to the mat. Eddie gets a seated dropkick to Matt’s back and picks Matt up.

Eddie gets a suplex on Matt. He rolls through it and hits a second suplex. He rolls through again, but Matt blocks the third suplex. Matt starts to punch away at Eddie, breaking up the suplex and running the ropes. Matt nails Eddie with a flying forearm and crawls over. He can only get two. He picks Eddie up and kicks him in the gut, trying for a Twist of Fate. However, while signaling (and yelling), he gets pain in his arm and instinctively grabs it, dropping Eddie. Eddie takes advantage and avalanches Matt in the corner. As Matt slumps down (on his bad arm, causing him to roll over), Eddie goes up top. He slaps his chest and dives, but Matt gets the knees in the way of the frog splash.

Matt is up first, but Eddie goes low as Matt picks him up (which the ref doesn’t see). Eddie tries a DDT, but Matt blocks and tries for a Northern Lights suplex. The two fight over who gets what for a few iterations, then Eddie jumps and catches Matt’s bad arm in his legs, landing in the Reverse Crossface. Matt tries to shove Eddie to the ropes, but to no avail. He instead manages to do a headstand and flip over, putting Eddie on his back. Matt bridges as Eddie focuses on the hold, and the referee counts. His hand gets to three while Matt’s hand begins tapping, and the bell rings one way or the other.

The referee -- Jack Doan -- heads to the outside to get the belt and returns as both men get up. Meanwhile, Mike Chioda runs to the ring and joins Doan. Matt shakes his head in disbelief while Eddie smiles -- both men know that Matt tapped out, but it's uncertain whether either man noticed that Eddie's shoulders were down.

Doan goes to present the belt, but Chioda stops him and explains about the tapout. The two men argue over the call before Doan signals to the back.

Tim White and Charles Robinson both emerge from the back, while Michael Cole drops his headset and gets in as well. All five officials call a huddle, and after a long discussion, Chioda shakes his hand and shrugs as White gives him a pat on the back. Doan takes the belt and presents it to a very surprised Matt as Tony Chimel is told the official word.

Tony Chimel: "Ladies and gentlemen, it is the ruling of match referee Jack Doan after consulting with other officials that the pinfall occurred before any signal of submission. Therefore, your..."

WINNER and STILL WWE Heavyweight Champion: Matt Hardy Version 2.0 (18:09)

As Cole explains the decision to viewers -- not to mention the incredulous Cornette -- Matt remains in the ring, clutching the title to his chest and dropping to his knees. Eddie buries his head in his hands as he leaves the ring and walks to the back. Matt looks at Eddie, then at the belt. He smiles and wipes his brow -- he's beaten Eddie twice, and now he can focus on another challenger.

Note to readers: I'm doing the WrestleMania Goes Hollywood ads for my campaign as well, but (obviously) not all the same ones. After all, most of them don't make any sense -- HHH and JBL aren't champions, Eddie and Booker are on different shows, and Eugene never happened. However, in this space I put the Basic Instinct one as our first commercial. Just so ya know.

Back from commercial, we see Eric Bischoff, Roddy Piper, Jim Cornette, DDP, and Vince McMahon in the ring. The ropes -- which are normally either red or blue, depending on show -- have been yellow, red, and yellow all night. Suddenly, it makes sense.

Vince McMahon: "I want to thank everyone for coming out this evening for the Royal Rumble. Tonight is a bittersweet occasion for fans and members of the WWE. It is a night when -- as we always do with the Rumble -- we look forward to WrestleMania and the future. When we leave tonight, someone will be the undisputed #1 Contender, and that person will be given a guaranteed position for a title shot at the biggest stage of them all, WrestleMania.

But tonight, we also look to the past. We look to those who have blazed the trail before us, and who helped us get to where we are this evening. Some of those men -- wrestling stars like Rowdy Roddy Piper and DDP, and forward thinkers like Eric Bischoff and Jim Cornette -- stand with us today. We stand in honor of the man who brought us all to where we are.

When he first arrived in 1984, the WWE was simply one of three groups -- maybe you could say one of dozens. But on a cold January night, he garnered his first ever world championship, and a legend was made. Tonight, after 21 years on the world's stage, he will ride off into the sunset on his own terms -- but he wants one last opportunity to show his appreciation for all of you.

So, without further ado, I give you this man. He is a 12-time world champion, a 2-time tag team champion, a member of the Board of Governors, a first-ballot WWE Hall of Famer, and arguably the single greatest name in the history of professional wrestling. Ladies and gentlemen, one more time, here is Hollywood - Hulk - Hogan!"

And you just know we're playing "Real American" for this, brother. Here comes the legend, one last time in the yellow tearaway shirt, long red trunks, and bandana. He walks slowly to the ring as the crowd cheers loud and long for him, blowing the roof off the building. He gets into the ring and shakes hands with Cornette, Bischoff, Page, and Piper before giving a long hug to Vince. He looks out into the crowd as his music fades... but the cheering doesn't.

Hogan looks around, tears coming into his eyes. Bischoff and Piper face opposite sides, directing the Hogan chant like conductors of an orchestra. DDP's smile is even wider than normal. Finally, Hogan takes the microphone and raises it to his lips... but he's too overwhelmed to speak. He wants to wait for the chants to die down, but they don't.

Everyone in the building is on their feet. We see Dan Wilson and Michael Cole at ringside, applauding. We cut to the RAW table, where Jim Ross and Paul Heyman are standing and paying respects. All the while, the Hogan chant grows louder and louder. Hogan can barely believe it; he removes the bandana and wipes his eyes dry with it. Finally, after nearly five minutes, Hogan speaks.

Hulk Hogan: "Thank you. You know, guys, I've been doing this for so long... I never thought about today. I never thought about what would run through my mind, brother, when I finally said it's time to go. But now that I'm here, and now that I'm riding off into the sunset... I can only look back at all the times, all the memories, and say thank you.

You people have carried me to a higher level. When I first broke in, way back in 197... man, it's been too long... I talked a big game, amigos. I talked about being the king of wrestling, about taking each area, and converting them to my fans. But back then, I never... I never thought I change the system. I never thought I would be the driving force behind wrestling being the global phenomenon it is today, dude. And for that, I have to thank Vince McMahon, whose vision and whose financial skill enabled me to become the biggest name in the ring.

But I also gotta thank someone else in here, and that's Roddy Piper. Roddy, back in the day, back when we were still getting that foothold in the consciousness with MTV, man, you were the guy who I could play off of. A hero is only as good as the man he opposes, and Roddy, you were the biggest opponent I had at the time. You and I, we were the focus of the first ever WrestleMania, brother. And now, 20 years later, man, we stand together one last time. I leave the WWE - my spot in the Board - in your hands, dude.

But it doesn't stop there. I gotta thank a lot of other people, amigos. Think back to all the guys whose battles with me have gone down in history, and who have helped make me the icon I am. Think about Andre the Giant - God bless his soul - who passed the torch to me with that bodyslam. Think about Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Sgt. Slaughter, Sting, Goldberg, the Rock, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle... my God, so many people who I've been helped by and who've made my matches that much more special, brother. It's unbelievable.

But there's one last man I have to thank. He's not here in this ring right now, and I... I would like him to come out. He's a guy who has believed in me since the first day of Hulkamania, brother. He's a man who embodies and accepts everything there is about Hulkamania. And he's a guy who made sure that my career ended on a winning note. If he's not busy in the back... I would like Edge to come on down and join me in this moment, amigo."

"You think you know me" introduces "Never Gonna Stop" as Edge slowly walks to the ring, dressed to wrestle but without the trenchcoat and sunglasses. He steps into the ring and hugs Hogan before shaking his hand. The camera mic picks up Edge saying "Thank you for everything."

Hulk Hogan: "Edge, brother... you've been my biggest supporter in the back. You've been the man who worked the hardest to make sure ol' Hulk Hogan was remembered well. And now, I want to give it back to you. You see, brother, for the past few years I've been looking for someone who was worthy of carrying the mantle of Hulkamania -- who could truly be considered my successor. I said Hulkamania would live forever, but... after some of the things I'd been through, brother, ol' Hulk Hogan was beginning to doubt that.

In you, though, I see a man who not only believed in me, believes in me... but who knows what Hulkamania is all about. It's not just about the training, the prayers, and the vitamins, brother. You know above all else, it's about believing in yourself when no one else will believe in you, brother. So Edge, just as I leave my place in the WWE hierarchy in Roddy Piper's hands...

I leave Hulkamania in your hands."

Almost symbolically, Hogan removes his shirt and hands it to Edge. Edge stares at it before putting it on. He looks at himself wearing the shirt, almost in disbelief. Finally, he looks up at Hogan and smiles, speechless. Hogan smiles back, but as Edge goes to leave, Hogan stops him.

Hulk Hogan: "Wait, wait, one second, brother. If you're gonna be the keeper of Hulkamania, there's something you gotta do with that prize.... don't worry, brother, I wanna see you do it."

Edge looks down at the shirt, then back at Hogan. Seemingly, a lightbulb goes off in his head. He looks back at the shirt, then out at the audience, then at the shirt again. He grabs the T-shirt and, letting out a huge yell, rips it in half off of his body as flashbulbs go off everywhere. Edge smiles like a kid in a candy store before shaking Hulk's hand and leaving the ring. Vince McMahon speaks.

Vince McMahon: "Hulk... there's one more token of our appreciation we want to show you. Since 1996, the WWE Hall of Fame has lay dormant. Many great performers have been inducted into the Hall, but over the past few years we've been... well, we've been neglecting it. No more. Every year, from here on out, we will have an induction ceremony for the WWE Hall of Fame. And I want to say to you, Hogan, that just as in 1993, Andre the Giant entered alone... so in 2005, shall you, Hulk Hogan, be a one-man class in the WWE Hall of Fame!"

The crowd cheers.

Vince McMahon: "And we will have that induction as part of the festivities at WrestleMania 21 live from Hollywood, California!"

The crowd cheers even louder.

Vince McMahon: "And so, after all is said and done, there's only one thing left for all of us to do. Thank you, Hulk Hogan. Thank you very much."

Vince hugs Hogan, who hugs back. Vince raises Hogan's hand as Bischoff, Piper, DDP, and Cornette applaud. Hogan exits the ring.

Vince McMahon: "Ladies and gentlemen, the immortal HULK HOGAN!"

The crowd cheers loudly as Hogan walks his way to the back.

We cut to backstage, where people are picking their numbers for the Royal Rumble under Stone Cold Steve Austin's watchful eye. This is mainly here so we can get everyone out of the ring and ready for the Rumble match itself, but some highlights include: RVD and Hurricane trading numbers after viewing them, then both thinking they got a bad deal; Chris Nowinski proclaiming he knows which one is #30 to Lance Storm, then drawing and being disappointed as Storm draws and laughs; the Matthewses comparing numbers and high-fiving; and Shawn Michaels wishing Michael Shane good luck, only for Shane to take offense to it for some reason. Well, no time to think about that: it's Rumble time.

Your leaderboard:

Raistlin - 9

TheAce - 9

Jam - 8

oldskool - 8

Deanitude - 8

crazybrain - 8

Tristof - 8

Troy Maskell - 7

Hurricane Donald - 7

peter - 7

Sullen Slacker - 7

Demon - 7

hugobomb - 7

Azrael - 6

Steve Corino - 6

Rabid Wolverine - 6

GCCWolverine - 5

SteveBoobs - 5

K.O.T.W - 5

Royal Rumble match is NEXT!

I'm currently tied for first.... :D

Good show so far Dukes.

Interested to see exactly where you go with the Edge thing.

Also, glad to see Alexis squashing people!!!

Can't wait for the Rumble.....

Howard Finkel: "Ladies and gentlemen, at this time, the WWE would like to thank its sponsor, the US Army, for allowing it the opportunity to visit our men and women fighting overseas to defend our country over the holidays. We are pleased to announce that we shall continue this tradition every Christmastime!"

Applause.

Howard Finkel: "And now, here to present the rules for the Royal Rumble, I give you WWE Hall of Famer Sergeant Slaughter!"

Slaughter's music plays as he walks to the ring -- sunglasses, fatigues, hat, riding crop, the works. He enters the ring and salutes, then takes the microphone from Howard Finkel.

Sgt. Slaughter: "ATTENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN-HUT!"

Crowd cheers.

Sgt. Slaughter: "Listen up all you maggots in the back. These are the operative rules for the Royal Rumble. Earlier tonight, each of you received a number from 1 to 30. As soon as this briefing is over, those who received 1 and 2 are to report to the ring to begin the match. Every two minutes, the arena's timer will go off, and the person who received the next lowest number shall join those already in the ring until everyone has thus reported. Over the course of the match, should you leave the ring over the top rope and have both feet touch the floor, you're dismissed, and you are expected to report to the locker room immediately. This process shall continue until 29 of you have been so dismissed, at which point the remaining man shall be declared the winner of this exercise. As his reward for posting the best result, he shall be promoted to main eventer for WrestleMania 21, which shall take place in nine weeks' time in Los Angeles, California! Now, Howard Finkel, it is your duty to tell these people who the first two combatants are in this exercise... AND THAT'S AN ORDER!"

Sarge's music hits as he hands the mic to Finkel. He exits the ring and takes his post at ringside, along with Nick Patrick, Charles Robinson, Gerald Brisco, Earl and Brian Hebner, Pat Patterson, Dean Malenko, John Laurinitis, Tim White, and Michael Cole. All of them surround the ring, ready to keep those who don't belong in the event out of it.

Jim Ross: "This is the moment we've been waiting for, Paul. I... I guess it goes without saying who you're rooting for in this event, and... I don't think I can keep you from being an unbiased announcer."

Paul Heyman: "Hey, what can I say? My man Ultimo's in the match, and I gotta hope he makes it to the main event. The WWE is just about the last mountain he has to conquer, and no better time than right now."

Howard Finkel: "And now, introducing the first two participants."

10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 0.... c'mon Jericho, you know I got ya, yeah. BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!

Howard Finkel: "At number one, from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, weighing 231 pounds, Y2J Chris Jericho!"

Jim Ross: "Certainly a difficult situation for the former World Heavyweight Champion, but we already know about his endurance, Paul... just seven weeks ago at Armageddon, he was in a gruelling 60-minute Iron Man match with Chris Benoit and he came within a whisker of regaining the World Heavyweight Title!"

Paul Heyman: "To be more precise, it was 8 seconds. If he had been able to keep that shoulder up, his pinfall with 8 second left would have sent the match to overtime. But now, now he needs a repeat performance to make it to the main event at WrestleMania."

STAND BACK! There's a Hurricane coming through!

Howard Finkel: "And at number two, from Parts Unknown, weighing 191 pounds, The Hurricane!"

Jim Ross: "Certainly, this would explain the attitude from earlier, Paul, as Hurricane tried to trade numbers with Rob Van Dam, and... well, I think he got the short end of the stick there!"

Paul Heyman: "No doubt about it. #2 may be the worst number in the Rumble, because you don't get the glory of being the first man in and the last man out, but the work is every bit as difficult."

THE 2005 ROYAL RUMBLE

Jericho and Hurricane circle each other and lock up. Hurricane backs Jericho into a corner and offers a clean break. Jericho rolls his eyes and reverses, chopping away at Hurricane in the corner. He whips Hurricane into the opposite corner, but Hurricane slams on the brakes and superkicks Jericho. Hurricane picks Jericho up and slugs away, backing him into the ropes and whipping him to the far side. Jericho bounces out with a flying forearm to Hurricane. Both men are up, and Jericho trips Hurricane. Hurricane fights off the Walls of Jericho, so Jericho tries to catapult Hurricane out. Hurricane skins the cat back in and bodypresses Jericho.

BZZT!

"Who's that jumpin' out the sky? R-E-Y!"

Jim Ross: "Rey Misterio! Misterio is next out!"

Paul Heyman: "And that's not good news, because a guy his size needs to draw a late number and hope the big men are gone by then in order to win!"

Misterio enters via the top rope, hitting a dragonrana to Hurricane. He punches away at Hurricane until Jericho grabs Misterio by the mask and hits a suplex on him. He picks Misterio up and gets a back suplex before standing on and posing over Misterio. Hurricane hits a dropkick to the back of Jericho's head, and Jericho goes flying through the ropes to the outside. Hurricane poses, but Misterio dropkicks Hurricane into 6-1-9 position. He bounces off the opposite ropes and nails Hurricane, but Jericho shoves Misterio off the top rope on the springboard. Everyone returns to the ring, where Misterio hits a rana on Hurricane, then another one on Jericho.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "Michael Shane! Michael Shane is next at #4!"

Paul Heyman: "The first member of Evolution has joined the Royal Rumble!"

Shane enters and goes after Jericho as we see Benoit giving orders to each Evolution member to thin the flock. Meanwhile, Misterio and Hurricane work off an armdrag until Hurricane switches to a bodyscissors on Misterio. Shane tosses Jericho into the corner and hits a clothesline, then gets a belly-to-belly suplex. He goes up top to land the Picture Perfect Elbow, but Hurricane charges over. Shane quickly leaps at Hurricane, but is caught in a powerslam. Hurricane lifts Shane up and signals with the thumbs-up, but Jericho bounces off the ropes and facejams both men. Misterio re-appears and ranas down Jericho, then gets an armdrag on Shane.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "Paul London is here!"

Paul Heyman: "One-half of the former WWE Tag Team champions in Pure Energy has now entered, and he joins some of the best Cruiserweight talent in the world today already in the ring!"

As if to prove Heyman's point, London enters and slingshots into a crossbody on Hurricane, Shane, and Misterio. He picks Shane out and punches away at him, while Jericho and Misterio lock horns. Hurricane grabs London from behind, and he and Shane hit a superkick / German suplex combo. Shane celebrates, but Jericho nails him with a flying forearm. As Jericho gets to all fours, Misterio launches off his back and hits a flying leg lariat on Hurricane. London grabs Misterio and delivers a spinebuster to him. Shane charges, but London gets the Dropsault combo on him and a prone Misterio. Jericho tries to put the Walls of Jericho on Hurricane.

BZZT!

ONEOFAKIND!

Jim Ross: "Well, here's one of your favorites, Paul!"

Paul Heyman: "Oh, no doubt! Rob Van Dam - the greatest ECW wrestler of all time! But this also shows why the two traded."

Jim Ross: "RVD and Hurricane?"

Paul Heyman: "Yeah! Look -- they both got bad numbers."

RVD enters the ring and kicks Jericho, then Hurricane, then tries for London. London catches and spins RVD around, only to get nailed with a spinkick. London staggers to the ropes, where Shane backdrops him over the top and out at 8:40. Shane charges Jericho, but RVD cuts him off and kicks away. He tosses Shane into the ropes, does the splits as Shane returns, then monkey flips Shane across the ring. Misterio gets a rana on Jericho, then scores a senton. Hurricane and RVD get a hiptoss into a seated dropkick on Shane, then bounce off opposite ropes and get Rolling Thunder proper. Jericho slams down Misterio and legdrops him.

BZZT!

"You Think You Know Me..."

Jim Ross: "Here comes the new leader of the Hulkamaniacs!"

Paul Heyman: "Yeah, but even though Hogan won the Royal Rumble twice, he never drew a number this bad!"

Edge enters and goes for Shane, knocking him over and grabbing him by the head. He picks him up and suplexes him. Meanwhile, Jericho attempts to eliminate Misterio, but RVD and Hurricane grab Jericho and hit a double inverted DDT. Misterio lands on the apron and climbs to the top rope, nailing his rescuers with a bodypress. Shane fights off Edge and runs the ropes, but Edge bounces off the opposite ropes and spears down Shane. Meanwhile, Hurricane and Jericho chop each other, while Misterio tries a rana on RVD, only to be caught and Hotshotted on the top rope. Edge lariats down Misterio, but RVD is ready with a spinkick for Edge.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "Here comes Sick Nick! And look what he's got with him!"

Paul Heyman: "A man after my own heart, as he brings a Singapore cane with him to the ring!"

Indeed he does, as he steps between the ropes and waits for someone to approach him. Hurricane gets the first shot, then Shane, but Jericho ducks and chokes Mondo with the cane. Jericho then tries a German suplex, but Edge sneaks up from behind and puts a waistlock on Jericho. RVD grabs Edge from behind, and all four men get involved in a German suplex trainwreck. Misterio grabs the cane and faces Shane, preparing to strick, when Hurricane grabs the weapon from over Misterio's head and tosses it into the aisle. Hurricane grabs Misterio in the goozle, gives the thumbs up, and chokeslams him. Shane thanks Hurricane with a superkick, because he can.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "What the hell is this? Is Bradshaw really in the Right to Censor now?"

Paul Heyman: "First off, that's JONATHAN Bradshaw, and secondly, I'm sad to say he is. Don't you watch SmackDown!?"

Jim Ross: "Well, yeah, when I can..."

As this continues, Bradshaw pounds away on Mondo's back, yelling for him to repent. He tosses him into the ropes and hits him with a big boot. Mondo staggers to the ropes, so Bradshaw flings him over and out at 14:35. Bradshaw turns around and gets hit with a rana by Misterio. Misterio runs the ropes, but Bradshaw does too, and in the middle Bradshaw annihilates Misterio with a lariat. He grabs Misterio and lifts him up in a gorilla press, walking over and throwing him to the floor at 15:24. He stands back and holds his hand up in the salute, but Jericho hooks the full nelson from behind into the Breakdown. RVD and Hurricane double-team Shane.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "Wildcat Chris Harris is here! Talk about an opportunity for this young stud!"

Paul Heyman: "Just a year ago he was a tag team nobody in a county fair, and now he has a chance to go to WrestleMania!"

RVD meets Harris and the two exchange blows. Jericho pounds away at Bradshaw, then calls Edge over to help eliminate him, but they can't get him to budge. Hurricane and Shane continue to fight in the corner, with Shane getting the advantage and suplexing Hurricane out. Bradshaw shoves Jericho and Edge out of the way, but when he tries a shoulderblock on Edge, Edge ducks and dropkicks Bradshaw. RVD tosses Harris into the corner, gives him a pair of shoulder thrusts, backflips, and thrusts again. He sends Harris into the opposite corner, but his blind charge misses. Harris comes back with a spear to RVD and a lariat for Shane.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "Another man is here from Evolution! Batista has arrived!"

Paul Heyman: "This is where you would say business is about to pick up, right?"

Jim Ross: "Indeed it is."

Batista charges the ring and faces off with Bradshaw, as the two slug it out. Jericho and Edge clothesline each other as Harris suplexes Shane. Hurricane and RVD hit a double dropkick to Bradshaw, then another to Batista. Hurricane charges, but Batista catches him and tosses him to the floor to end his night at 18:59. Harris grabs Batista from behind in a German suplex try, but Batista mule kicks and tosses Harris over. He rolls back in. Shane and Batista double-team RVD, while Harris sneaks up on Jericho and gets a German suplex on him. Edge spears Batista to break up the double-team, allowing RVD to get a series of high kicks in on Shane's face.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "Here's Nova! Nova is headed to the ring now!"

Paul Heyman: "The other half of Pure Energy is here, and you know he'll go after the man that took his WWE Tag Team titles."

On his way to the ring, Nova grabs Mondo's cane. He charges in and waylays Bradshaw with around the head and chest, then gets a home-run swing to the gut to double him over. Nova dives in with the Kryptonite Krunch on Bradshaw, then celebrates, which allows Harris to hit him with a lariat. Bradshaw slowly gets up and stalks Nova with the cane, but Edge clips Bradshaw. Jericho gets a backdrop on RVD, who lands on the apron and re-enters. Evolution deliver a double flapjack to Nova, and Shane warms up the band. He and Nova hit superkicks on each other at the same time. Edge hits Harris with the Edge-O-Matic and a lightning legdrop.

BZZT!

The lights go out. GONG!

Jim Ross: "Uh-oh. I know what this means."

Paul Heyman: "I bet everyone else does too."

The lights come back on with another GONG as Undertaker stands in the ring.

Jim Ross: "There's that sadistic little son of a... WAIT!"

Everyone stops and looks at Undertaker, then charges him all at the same time. Jericho and Edge double clothesline Taker off the ropes into a Batista spinebuster. Harris tosses Bradshaw the cane, and Bradshaw shatters it over Undertaker's head. Jericho then adds the finishing touch, clotheslining Undertaker over the top rope and out at 23:12. Bradshaw tells off Undertaker, but that leaves his back to the ring. RVD takes advantage and scoops Bradshaw over and out at 23:18. Batista tries to toss RVD as well, but RVD hits the apron and returns. Harris gives Shane the Catatonic and ties him up in the Sharpshooter while Edge punches Jericho.

BZZT!

Paul Heyman: "Oh, here comes the pain!"

Jim Ross: "Brock Lesnar has arrived -- the first member of Kurt Angle's little varsity club is here!"

Brock hits the ring with a vengeance, running over Edge and Jericho with a double clothesline. Nova tries to attack, but Brock catches him and gives him an overhead suplex. He then picks Nova up and deposits him on the floor at 24:42. Harris still has the Sharpshooter on Shane, but Brock yanks him off and lifts him over the top and out with ease at 25:08. Brock picks Shane up, threatening to do the same to him, but Batista nails Brock from behind and the two monsters go at it. Edge and RVD spend time trying to eliminate Jericho, while Shane slides outside the ring to take a breather. The officials insist he make an effort to return to the ring.

BZZT!

"It's all about the Game... and how you play it..."

Jim Ross: "Here comes the defending champion! Triple H is making his way to the ring!"

Paul Heyman: "First the Undertaker, then Brock Lesnar, then Triple H -- we've hit a murderer's row of participants here in the heart of the order."

HHH goes straight for Jericho, who clings to the bottom rope in desperation. Meanwhile, Edge spears down Batista as the officials finally get Shane back in the ring. Edge grabs Shane and flings him back out -- this time for an elimination -- at 26:31. Jericho finally gets away from HHH long enough to get the Flashback on Edge. RVD climbs up to hit the Five-Star on Edge, but HHH sees him and shoves him off the top rope and through the Spanish announcers' table at 27:24. As officials tend to RVD, HHH and Brock try to eliminate Batista. Meanwhile, Jericho picks Edge up and attempts to toss him over. Both attempts are blocked.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "Here's Charlie Haas making his way to the ring!"

Paul Heyman: "This guy is deceptively good -- there's a reason I brought him up to the big leagues, JR."

Haas slides into the ring and takes on HHH as Batista and Brock slug it out. Jericho stops trying to toss Edge and hits a flying forearm on HHH. He goes ground and pound on HHH as Brock and Batista employ a test of strength. Haas takes over on Edge, picking him up and getting a release German suplex. Brock defeats Batista in the test of strength and delivers a knee to the face to knock him over. Jericho puts HHH in the corner and slams his head into the turnbuckle ten times, but HHH shoves Jericho aside. Jericho grabs Haas from behind, and he and Edge get a dropkick into Russian legsweep combo. HHH hears the countdown and awaits the next contestant.

BZZT!

Tracy emerges from the back, but on her way to the ring, she stops to give Paul Heyman a kiss on the cheek.

Jim Ross: "What was that all about?"

Paul Heyman: "If her breath was what I thought it was, I think she found Tajiri and got what she wanted."

Jim Ross: "I don't wanna know how you know that..."

Paul Heyman: "NOT THAT! You'll see."

Tracy enters the ring, and instantly HHH grabs her by the hair. He begins to threaten her, but she simply rears back and sprays red mist into HHH's eyes. HHH staggers into the ropes, and with Tracy's help, he's out of there at 30:45. As Tracy celebrates, Batista comes up from behind and flips her out at 30:55. Tracy lands on HHH, and he chases her to the back. Meanwhile, Haas tries to hit a piledriver on Edge. Edge trips Haas instead and catapults him over the top rope and out of the Rumble at 31:34. Brock gets behind Edge and tosses him, but Edge slips back under the ropes. Jericho gives Batista a facecrusher from the corner.

BZZT!

Paul Heyman: "All right! Here we go!"

Jim Ross: "Here's your man, Paul."

Paul Heyman: "This is the Dragon's first Royal Rumble, and I got a feeling he'll take to it very well... well, maybe not."

Heyman's comments are because Dragon tries to enter via the top rope and is caught by Batista. Batista throws him over the top, but Ultimo skins the cat back in. He creeps up behind Batista and kicks his knees, then nails a roundhouse to the face. Meanwhile, Jericho and Edge get a double suplex on Brock. Batista goes for a Demon Bomb on Ultimo, but Ultimo breaks away and dropkicks Batista. Edge spears Batista in the back and pounds the back of his head, while Ultimo jumps on the ropes and Asai DDTs an unsuspecting Jericho. Brock grabs Ultimo and tries to rip his mask off, but Ultimo hangs on to it for dear life and rolls out of the ring to adjust it back.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "Here comes one of the bright young stars of RAW, Joey Matthews."

Paul Heyman: "After Jackie Gayda was beaten earlier this evening, maybe he can restore some pride to their group."

Joey goes for Ultimo, and the two work off of a headlock. Edge sneak attacks Brock and gives him a German suplex. He rolls through with it, but Brock grabs the ropes to prevent a second German suplex. Jericho bounces off the second rope and dropkicks Brock, causing him to lose his grip and enabling Edge to get the German. Batista grabs Jericho and press slams him, then lands an elbowdrop and hits the chinlock. Edge tries for a spear on Brock, but Brock sidesteps and Ultimo takes it instead. Joey thanks Edge by hitting a rana on him, then picks Ultimo up and tries to toss him. Ultimo blocks. Brock kicks Batista between the shoulder blades.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "Look at this. Business is picking up now."

Paul Heyman: "The other Matthews -- Chris -- is making his way to the ring, and you gotta think there's strength in numbers here."

Chris aids Joey in working over Ultimo. Joey sends Ultimo into the ropes, and the "cousins" get a double backdrop. Batista tries to clothesline both men, but they duck. Joey gets underneath Batista, and the Matthewses hit the Problem Solver. They grab Batista and try to toss him over, but Batista blocks. Edge and Ultimo get a double dropkick on Brock, but that allows Jericho to grab Ultimo and suplex him. The Matthewses double-team Edge and send him for the ride, but Edge ducks a double clothesline attempt and sends clotheslines both Joey and Chris out at the same time (37:53). Edge slumps down as the final seconds tick off the clock.

BZZT!

"I think I'm cute... I know I'm sexy..."

Jim Ross: "It's the Heartbreak Kid! Shawn Michaels is here! The former 2-time Royal Rumble winner!"

Paul Heyman: "And he's here at #21 -- that's relatively late in the match!"

And just like last year, he opens by firing off superkicks on everyone. First he hits Brock, then Ultimo, then Jericho, then Edge, then one last one for Batista that sends him into the ropes. Michaels charges and clotheslines Batista out at 38:34. As Michaels celebrates, Brock (who has gotten back up) races in and Michaels turns straight into a Steinerline that flips him over. Brock lifts Michaels up for the F5, but now Ultimo is back and dropkicks Brock so that Michaels lands on him. Jericho bounces off the ropes with a back elbow to catch Ultimo off-guard, but as Jericho stands up, Edge spears him back down and all five men are back and fighting.

BZZT!

"At last... you're on your ooooooooooooooooooooooooown..."

Jim Ross: "Here's Christian! Christian is on his way to the ring!"

Paul Heyman: "And look at who he's after! It is every man for himself!"

Heyman says this because Christian attacks his "brother" Edge. The two scrap on the ground as JR imagines this is what their childhood was like. Meanwhile, Jericho takes a breather as Ultimo and Michaels double-team Brock. Edge picks Christian up and controls him with a front chancery, but Ultimo sneaks beneath both men and does a handstand kick to their faces. Ultimo points to Michaels, who has sent Brock to the corner, and charges him. Michaels assists Ultimo in hitting a backflip kick to Christian. Brock returns and grabs Jericho, hitting him with an overhead suplex. He tosses Jericho over the top, but Jericho rolls back in under the ropes.

BZZT!

Paul Heyman: "Another Team Angle member is here! It's Shelton Benjamin!"

Jim Ross: "Brock's gotta be happy about this development!"

Indeed, Shelton cuts Jericho off from attacking Brock. Shelton grabs Jericho and tries a T-Bone, but Jericho blocks it. Brock tries to help, but Ultimo dashes over and intercepts Brock with a head-scissors. Edge gets hit with a flying forearm from Michaels, who kips up and warms up the band. Edge sees this and stays down, so Michaels changes course and goes for Shelton instead. Shelton catches the foot, spins Michaels around, and T-Bones him. Ultimo kicks Brock with a roundhouse, but turns around and gets clotheslined by Edge. Edge grabs a headlock on Ultimo, and the two go into reversals until Ultimo has a headscissors on Edge instead.

BZZT!

***BOOM!***

Jim Ross: "Here comes the Big Red Monster! That psychotic Kane is here!"

Paul Heyman: "This is his kind of event, JR. This man has no friends anyway!"

Kane steps over the top rope and stands in the middle of the ring. He raises and lowers him arms as red fire goes off from each corner, bringing the action in the ring to a standstill. Brock charges Kane, but gets hiptossed. Kane charges Brock and clotheslines him, sending him over and out at 44:49. Shelton sees this and attacks Kane from behind, but Kane merely turns and stares. He grabs Shelton and throws him onto Brock, eliminating him at 45:30. Now Christian waits and grabs Kane, twisting him into the Unprettier to keep him down, then applying a seated armbar for control. Jericho and Edge try to toss Ultimo, but Michaels breaks.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "Randy Orton is next in!"

Orton makes sure to RKO Patterson on the way to the ring, which JR assumes will earn him a fine. Orton climbs into the ring and goes for Ultimo pounding away and picking him up for a shinbreaker. Jericho and Michaels chop each other as Edge and Christian double-team Kane. Edge exits the ring and grabs two chairs (despite Malenko's mild protesting). Orton kicks Ultimo's kneecap while Michaels and Jericho fight for a hiptoss. Edge and Christian exchange chair shots to the back of Kane to stun him, then connect with the ConChairTo on Kane, knocking him down. Both men discard their chairs, but at that moment, Kane sits right back up again.

BZZT!

Paul Heyman: "Christopher Nowinski! The Harvard man is here!"

Jim Ross: "I wonder what his plan to win the event is going to be."

As Nowinski enters the ring, he immediately stays low, trying to trip any legs he can. He gets Edge's leg and trips him, working him over on the mat. Meanwhile, Orton slaps the figure-four on Ultimo. Christian and Michaels tangle in the corner, but Kane comes over and slams their heads together. Kane picks Christian up for a chokeslam, but Michaels recovers and clips Kane as Christian falls on top. Edge fights out of Nowinski's grip and pounds away, as the two tumble over the figure-four and break it up. Orton picks Ultimo up and tries to drag him to the ropes, but Ultimo's leg won't even allow him to follow. Jericho knocks over Christian.

BZZT!

Drum roll? Bagpipes???

Jim Ross: "It... it can't be!"

Paul Heyman: "Well, if you need the job done, do it yourself!"

Jim Ross: "It's the Hot Rod himself! Roddy Piper is in the Rumble!"

Piper charges in and lands right hands on Christian and Edge. He picks Ultimo up and airplane spins him before dropping him down and applying a sleeper. Orton, though, grabs Piper and easily tosses him over the top. Piper lands on the apron, but Orton kicks him out at 50:53. Piper heads to the back, job done, but Orton leans over and talks trash to him. He turns around, straight into a Sweet Chin Music from Michaels, which sends him flying out at 51:18. Nowinski sneaks on Michaels to eliminate him, but Michaels skins the cat back in and gets a bulldog on a gloating Nowinski. Kane picks up Edge for a Burning Hammer try, but Ultimo clips to save.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "It's Kurt Angle -- and at #28, he's gotta be considered a favorite!"

Paul Heyman: "But remember, it takes only one slip for even My Olympic Hero to be eliminated!"

Kurt enters and goes for Edge, freeing Kane to attack Ultimo. Jericho tosses Nowinski, but Nowinski lands on the apron. He stands up, so Jericho hits the springboard dropkick, which eliminates Nowinski at 52:34. Nowinski is none too happy and tries to climb back in, but the officials hold him back. Nowinski slugs Robinson, so Sarge comes from behind and puts him in a cobra clutch to subdue him. Meanwhile, in the ring, Kurt gets a German suplex on Edge, rolls through with it, gets a second German suplex, rolls through again, and hits a third German suplex on Edge. He tries to pick Edge up for elimination, but Edge goes low to block it.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised he's in it... Bull Buchanan is here."

Paul Heyman: "The other half of the WWE Tag Team champions has arrived, and that's another big man to make things troublesome."

Bull pulls Michaels in and clubs his back. He picks Michaels up in a body vice and drops down, delivering a gutbuster. Ultimo slowly gets up and attacks Bull from behind, sending him into the corner, but Bull leaps up and nails the rebound lariat on Ultimo. Meanwhile, Kane picks Christian up and Tombstones him. He lifts him and easily disposes of him over the top at 55:15. Bull prepares to powerbomb Ultimo, but Edge grabs Bull's legs and Ultimo lands on top. Ultimo rolls off as Edge puts Bull in a Sharpshooter variant. Ultimo then climbs back on top and ties Bull's other end up in a camel clutch. Michaels and Kurt work over Jericho as Kane rests.

BZZT!

Jim Ross: "The Intercontinental Champion -- Lance Storm -- he got #30! What a big break!"

Paul Heyman: "And now we know, one of these 8 men will punch their ticket to the main event at WrestleMania 21 in Hollywood!"

Edge and Ultimo release the hold, and Edge does the honors, dumping Bull at 56:13. Storm and Jericho re-unite to take over on Kane as Kurt gets an Angle Slam on Michaels. Edge works on Ultimo's leg, tying him up in the Sharpshooter variant. Meanwhile, Kane knocks both Storm and Jericho aside and stalks after Michaels. Kane lifts Michaels up in the Burning Hammer position, but Michaels gets an armdrag to get out of it. Kane gets backed up in the corner, and Michaels whips him across the ring. Michaels charges, but Kane backdrops him straight over the turnbuckle and to the outside for an elimination at 57:48. Kane stalks Edge, DDTing him to release the Sharpshooter. Ultimo rolls to the outside to work some feeling into his leg. Meanwhile, Storm and Kurt fight over a headlock, with Kurt turning it into a back suplex. Kurt slaps the Angle Lock on Storm, hanging on to the ropes so Storm can't crawl to escape. Jericho and Edge get Total Elimination on Kane, then as Edge pounds away, Jericho races slides out and tosses Ultimo back in. Ultimo and Edge get the Sharpshooter / camel clutch on kane, while Jericho races over and clotheslines Angle over the top rope and out of the ring at 59:47. Storm is dead weight, though, so when Kane powers out of the double hold, he walks over and calmly disposes of Storm at 1:00:17 to bring us to our Final Four.

Jim Ross: "Paul, I'll excuse you if you drop yoru journalistic integrity here, because your man is still alive in the Final Four!"

Paul Heyman: "Thank you, but I'll keep it! Ultimo Dragon, Edge, Kane, Chris Jericho! We've gone for an hour and this is the moment of truth!"

Jericho, who actually HAS gone for the hour, and Ultimo fight from their knees, Ultimo from being unable to stand, Jericho from exhaustion. Kane picks Edge up and gets a suplex, then climbs to the top rope. With no one around to shove him, Kane hits the diving clothesline onto Edge. Jericho manages to get the better of Ultimo and drags him to the ropes, trying to get him over. Kane walks over, though, and lifts Jericho, resulting in both Jericho and Ultimo hitting the floor at 1:02:00 for joint 3rd.

Paul Heyman: "Dammit! So close!"

Jim Ross: "But now, now we're down to two men! Edge and the monster Kane! Who's going to WrestleMania?"

Kane sees Edge slowly making his way to his feet and preps the chokeslam, but Edge sees him first and springs at him with a spear. Edge collapses in exhaustion, and after a few seconds, Kane sits up. He grabs Edge and stands him up, then grabs the goozle. He walks to the ropes and lifts...

...but Edge hangs on to Kane's arm as he lands on the apron! Kane loses his balance and falls out of the ring as Edge rolls back in under the ropes to win!

WINNER: Edge (1:03:25)

Jim Ross: "EDGE! EDGE HAS DONE IT AGAIN! HE WON THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH AND NOW HE'S WON THE ROYAL RUMBLE! ON THE NIGHT HE WAS NAMED THE LEADER OF THE HULKAMANIACS, EDGE HAS CEMENTED HIS SPOT IN THE MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA! IT'LL BE EDGE GOING FOR THE WWE TITLE IN HOLLYWOOD ON APRIL 3! WE'RE OUT OF TIME! SEE YOU TOMORROW NIGHT ON RAW! WHAT A NIGHT FOR EDGE!!!"

<<<FIN>>>

MORE STATS THAN YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH!

Royal Rumble order of entrance:

1. Chris Jericho

2. Hurricane

3. Rey Misterio

4. Michael Shane

5. Paul London

6. Rob Van Dam

7. Edge

8. Nick Mondo

9. Jonathan Bradshaw

10. Chris Harris

11. Batista

12. Nova

13. Undertaker

14. Brock Lesnar

15. Triple H

16. Charlie Haas

17. Tracy

18. Ultimo Dragon

19. Joey Matthews

20. Chris Matthews

21. Shawn Michaels

22. Christian

23. Shelton Benjamin

24. Kane

25. Randy Orton

26. Chris Nowinski

27. Roddy Piper (subbing for Billy Kidman)

28. Kurt Angle

29. Bull Buchanan

30. Lance Storm

Order of elimination:

1. London (by Shane)

2. Mondo (by Bradshaw)

3. Misterio (by Bradshaw)

4. Hurricane (by Batista)

5. Undertaker (by Jericho)

6. Bradshaw (by RVD)

7. Nova (by Brock)

8. Harris (by Brock)

9. Shane (by Edge)

10. RVD (by HHH)

11. HHH (by Tracy)

12. Tracy (by Batista)

13. Haas (by Edge)

14. J.Matthews (by Edge)

14. C.Matthews (by Edge)

16. Batista (by Michaels)

17. Brock (by Kane)

18. Shelton (by Kane)

19. Piper (by Orton)

20. Orton (by Michaels)

21. Nowinski (by Jericho)

22. Christian (by Kane)

23. Buchanan (by Edge)

24. Michaels (by Kane)

25. Kurt (by Jericho)

26. Storm (by Kane)

27. Ultimo (by Kane)

27. Jericho (by Kane)

29. Kane (by Edge)

WINNER: EDGE

# of Eliminations: Kane 7 (Brock, Shelton, Christian, Michaels, Storm, Ultimo, Jericho), Edge 6 (Shane, Haas, J.Matthews, C.Matthews, Buchanan, Kane), Jericho 3 (Undertaker, Nowinski, Kurt), Batista 2 (Hurricane, Tracy), Bradshaw 2 (Mondo, Misterio), Brock 2 (Nova, Harris), Michaels 2 (Batista, Orton), HHH 1 (RVD), Orton 1 (Piper), RVD 1 (Bradshaw), Shane 1 (London), Tracy 1 (HHH)

Time spent in the ring: Jericho 62'00", Edge 53'25", Ultimo 30'00", Shane 22'31", Brock 20'49", Batista 20'34", Michaels 19'48", Kane 19'25", RVD 19'24", Hurricane 18'59", Christian 15'15", Misterio 13'24", Bradshaw 9'18", Harris 9'08", Kurt 7'47", Orton 5'18", HHH 4'45", Nova 4'42", Nowinski 4'34", Storm 4'17", J.Matthews 3'53", Haas 3'34", Shelton 3'30", London 2'40", Mondo 2'35", Buchanan 2'13", C.Matthews 1'53", Undertaker 1'12", Tracy 55", Piper 53"

Double plays: Edge (J.Matthews/C.Matthews), Kane (Ultimo/Jericho)

All alone moments: None

And the final score is:

Deanitude - 11

TheAce - 11

Raistlin - 10

crazybrain - 10

Troy Maskell - 9

Jam - 9

Hurricane Donald - 9

Sullen Slacker - 9

Demon - 9

Rabid Wolverine - 9

Tristof - 9

peter - 8

hugobomb - 8

Azrael - 7

oldskool - 7

Steve Corino - 6

SteveBoobs - 6

K.O.T.W - 6

GCCWolverine - 5

Two winners, and no tiebreaker in sight. But that's okay, because I have a plan. One of you will get a question concerning a SmackDown! match at WM21, the other a question concerning a RAW match at WM21. And I won't say who gets what until after No Way Out.

Speaking of which, I'm going to try to make up for lost time this week. A lot of it. Let's see how fast I can pump out shows, because I'm about 5 weeks behind real life, and I would like to get WM21 out as close to the real deal as possible. After that, I'm going to convert this to a scenario and let other people play with it. I'm nice like that.

Though if you want to do a BVS universe WWE diary, ask me. I'll probably say yes, but there are some things that I'd request you include. Minor things.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I'll get Virch on this ASAP.

Dukes

Took your bloody time...

Nice Rumble. Love the style for it as well, and love the whole passing of the torch from Hogan to Edge. Also, I think I smell a Piper/Orton match for WrestleMania :D

DAMN...I was so close!!!

Awesome match Dukes...just Awesome.

You really built the final 4 so that it would seem they all had a chance.

Can't wait for the aftermath.

BTW - Did you ever post the last 2 part of BVS on your site??

I've read this one and off for some time now, but never really kept reading enough to give signifigant feedback.

Thankfully, the rumble has helped make that much easier. Seeing so many charecters and storylines coming together in one match is great. Personally, i'd have liked to see have seen Christian get the win, but that is more or a personal taste.

Great match, and it had a nice flow to it. So um... push Nowinski in the last few months of this :shifty:

DAMMIT I was so close. If I had just left Edge as my predicted winner I'd be a sole winner.

That'll teach me to trust my first instincts.

and finally I'm in the winner's club. This feel's good.

*puts on red jacket to show dukes what show he'd rather get*