Transfer Thread

ONO

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess they do need heavy investment following their disappointing season last year.

Fernando Torres story seems to be getting closer to it's conclusion though apparently Garcia and Cisse will be involved in a swap deal plus some money for him. Although he'll be a very good signing I don't think this is going to cause to many worries for United and Chelsea.

Guest Ringy

Torres in the Prem is a perplexing. Though he's got the potential to be a 20 goals a season striker, so far, he's not. However, he's like Crouch (but a lot better) in that he creates buckets of goals for the other players.

Should be good to see if it does happen. It should also be good to see that diving moaning tool Luis Garcia go the other way :shifty:

I've always thought Torres would be one of the few Spanish fowards that'd fit in well in the premiership.

Like Ringy said, his goals-to-game ratio could do with a little work, but other than that he's quick, tall and physical enough to cut it in England, which is why I'm pissed that if anyone looks like getting him at the minute, it's Liverpool. <_<

• Admin

Russell Anderson [Aberdeen - Sunderland] £1m

Yves Makaba-Makalamby [Chelsea - Hibernian] Free

Northern Ireland captain Aaron Hughes has joined Fulham from Aston Villa in a £1million transfer deal.

Wigan have completed the £300,000 signing of goalkeeper Carlo Nash from Championship side Preston North End.

Rangers defender Karl Svensson has signed for newly-promoted French Ligue 1 club Caen.

Edited by Kubica

Okay so Russell Anderson was phenomenal for Aberdeen in getting them that 3rd placed finish. I was all for him, but he is 28 years old, which seems a bit old to me. Plus I have a bad feeling Nugent isn't coming to us, but I still have faith Keane knows what he's doing and is going to make the best decisions for the squad.

Need a goalkeeper though, and if we do manage to get Craig Gordon, I will wet myself with excitement.

Russell Anderson for a MILLION? Sunderland must be desperate, that is quite surprising.

Rangers have signed DaMarcus Beasley from PSV for £700,000, who was on loan at Man City last season. He's won the Eredivisie (Dutch Premier League) title twice, so that's quite a bargain in my opinion. Apparently Claudio Reyna, an old Rangers favourite (and fellow America) encouraged him to go for it. I'm chuffed, especially after Celtic got Donati for a rather large pricetag. I can see Beasley becoming very popular if he gets off on the right foot. He's so fast, and could run rings around some of the defenders in the SPL.

And you'll never get Gordon, unless it's on a free. Hearts have sold or lost most of their best players, many to Celtic recently. Losing Gordon would be suicide.

Edited by The Kraig

£1m isn't much really. To be fair, Aberdeen probably wouldn't have done nearly as well without him, and he was the only Scottish player nominated for the Scottish PFA Players' Player of the Year.

I don't see £1m as much for a player with those accolades, especially since we do have money to spend this year.