Transfer Thread

ONO

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulham completed the signing of Hamuer Bouazza (sp?) yesterday. I thought he was one of the only decent players Watford had last season, so I'm pretty happy with that.

We also had a big for Burnley's Kyle Lafferty turned down (OMG ANUVA NORTHERN IRELAND PLAYER! >_>)....not sure how good he is.

You know your side is superior when the team who is going to face you in a few days is asking to borrow your second choice keeper for there match with one another >_>

I hope Rafa gives them Carson a day after the Villa/Liverpool game, just because being a bitch is fun.

Edited by mAXi

Fulham completed the signing of Hamuer Bouazza (sp?) yesterday. I thought he was one of the only decent players Watford had last season, so I'm pretty happy with that.

We also had a big for Burnley's Kyle Lafferty turned down (OMG ANUVA NORTHERN IRELAND PLAYER! >_>)....not sure how good he is.

I'd be glad about missing out on Gordon and getting Carson on loan if I was a Villa fan. I just don't think anyone should pay that much for a goalkeeper, unless you're buying a Buffon, Casillas or Cech. They're just too hit and miss. They could go out of form too easily. Barthez was classed as one of the best if not the best keeper in the world when Man Utd signed him, but he wasn't so great. Keep in mind, I haven't even seen Gordon play. So if he's a Buffon/Casillas/Cech, disregard my post. I could easily be wrong and he could be awesome, I just view it as a risk to spend that much.

Edited by Anothername

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley has confirmed the club have held talks with Derby over the signing of Giles Barnes.

Curbishley also refused to completely rule out the possibility of resurrecting the Kieron Dyer deal which collapsed last week.

Barnes is one of the most sought after young players in England and played a huge part in helping Derby get into the Premier League.

After seeing the Rams promoted, it was expected that Barnes would stay put at Pride Park.

However, Curbishley has now revealed that The Hammers have been talking with Derby about a possible deal for the 19-year-old - who was actually born in East London.

Talks confirmed

"We have been looking at the situation and we have spoken to Derby about it," Curbishley told Sky Sports News.

The Hammers boss explained that the two clubs cannot agree a fee for Barnes.

"At the moment nothing is happening - their valuation is not where we are at and he is a Derby player so I shouldn't be talking too much about it."

Vayrynen - I remember him from FM05, possibly one of the ugliest players I remember seeing.

Also are Villa paying £2.5m just to take Carson on loan? On top of all his wages to pay?

Yes we are. 2.5m is nothing in the scheme of things. If he performs well between the sticks, then it's easily worth it.

Vayrynen - I remember him from FM05, possibly one of the ugliest players I remember seeing.

Also are Villa paying £2.5m just to take Carson on loan? On top of all his wages to pay?

Yes we are. 2.5m is nothing in the scheme of things. If he performs well between the sticks, then it's easily worth it.

If you think £2.5m is nothing for a season loan, what would you price him at for a full transfer?