The Champions League Final Thread

Man, Liverpool is unfortunate to go in behind, but it looks like they have the firepower that this won't end 1-0.

Might have been handball on Pippo, but TBH I didn't realize he touched it at all until the replays.

The US guys are talking about how poorly Jankulovski has been playing, and Tommy Smyth says it's odds-on that Kewell will come in for Zenden at some point in the second half. Also, Rae and Smyth are wondering if Seedorf can continue the flashes of brilliance.

Well, ought to be a great second half.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness it's not like Jankulovski has had much help on the left, he's had to put up with Pennant running at him by himself all day, with Finnan following close behind. Not that it matters since Pennant hasn't really swung in a decent cross yet, then again he's crossing to Kuyt, with the possibility of Gerrard on the edge of the box - it's not hard to know what to expect from a cross.

Zenden has been meh, but I hardly think Kewell is going to be the messiah if he comes on, but we'll see. Liverpool have dominated, but they've just lacked that final touch, still, long way to go :)

This suits Liverpool to be honest. If they had went ahead it probably would have inspired AC Milan into raping them. After last time, Milan will be scared of another strong comeback.

I just wish it was more exciting...it's been pretty dull so far. The pre-match displays were gayer than Graham Norton fucking Elton John too. :ohwell:

Dudek, Hyypia, Kewell, Gonzalez, Arbeloa, Crouch, Bellamy.

Kewell will come on after 10 mins or so, regardless of whether we score or not. Then it'll be between Bellamy/Crouch and Arbeloa - I don't see any of the others coming on unless there's an injury.

I wouldn't mind seeing Liverpool try to go down the middle, instead of all the crosses perhaps let Gerrard or Kuyt run at Nesta and Maldini and try and beat them for pace, like Kaka can do.

Who wouldn't be scared with someone as fugly as Kuyt running at them? ¬_¬

Liverpool can easily win this game if they continue pressing the way they have been in the first half and make something of their chances. Zenden and Jankulovski have been pretty crap on their respective sides; this would be a perfect opportunity for Rafa to stick Kewell on and maybe Crouch to perhaps finish the game as champions.

I hate Andy Gray. His commentary irks me. Thats what ITV is for (Y) either way, surprised to see Liverpool doing so well so far.

He is a cockheaded prick, who is paid too much to sit around and fiddle with Sky's "great" interactive services. :lol:

So, I've just woke up, who deserves to be winning etc?

AC Milan deserve to be winning, as they have scored the most goals. However it had a whiff of handball, and a stench of 'flukey bastard' about it.

Liverpool have generally played better if that's what you're asking, certainly throughout the first half.