Euro 2008

Dan

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, how did England manage to piss that away? It's been in and out of their hands like the hokey-kokey, they finally claw themselves back into the game that they only need a point from and they somehow screw themselves out of it.

It's the English mentality. Why go for the win when a draw will do? Even going into the match everyone was talking about a draw being good enough, it happens all the time and we never learn.

...And even though it's the typical thing to say when being interviewed, Gerrard said beforehand "Yeah, I'd take that" when asked about Beckham doing a Greece again.

Bless him. He won't discuss his own future. Probably because he knows what it is :shifty:

It's a shame. They just let it all go to shit in the first half and never recover the nerve. Poor selection, poor instructions and poor performances. Just poor.

Ian Wright said it well: we were given a second chance by Israel (a sign from God, the cynics might say), yet it didn't seem enough. If you want the country to succeed, then COUNTRY COMES BEFORE CLUB.

But then, there are many reasons. The fact is it all comes from the top and we've got to really do our best to sort this out for 2010.

I'll be honest, a part of me would've liked to see a UK team get through, but another part of me was hoping they wouldn't, knowing that Scotland had put in about 3x the effort and still not qualified, and that England just didn't deserve it over the course of the campaign.

I'll be honest, a part of me would've liked to see a UK team get through, but another part of me was hoping they wouldn't, knowing that Scotland had put in about 3x the effort and still not qualified, and that England just didn't deserve it over the course of the campaign.

Exactly what I felt as well. For no British countries to qualify...it's embarrassing. Four third-placers (if we include the Irish Republic) and Wales who finished 4th behind Ireland.

I'm kind of sad now. I hope we do have some sort of international thing for the home nations during next summer. Like Scotland, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales and five invited countries from Asia, Africa, Oceania, North America and South America.

Thanks - I would have settled for 4th (Y)

Actually 5th behind Slovakia as well :( - Still, there's always next time.

I'm kind of sad now. I hope we do have some sort of international thing for the home nations during next summer. Like Scotland, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales and five invited countries from Asia, Africa, Oceania, North America and South America.
Edited by 'Wildcat' BSIG

Not sure, but Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry and Ashley Cole were all unavailable, presumably either injured or suspended.

EDIT: Or maybe he was on the bench...?

EDIT 2: He was indeed on the bench. Maybe just not fully fit.

Edited by Scott McFly

Uh oh. McClaren! Tommorow morning, 8.30, my office!

He's gonna get it.

Also, when should we expect a diary in the cube called save_us.eng with an EWB'er replacing Macca?

Edited by TheEllisComplex

DAMN AMERICANS!! They ruined our pitch!! Had the pitch been in excellent condition, the aerodynamic blades of grasswould have increased England player ratings by 25%!

On second through, no, we were shit, we didn't deserve to go through.