Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Psyence

What was your point? The media are good people who would never show any bias and are always right?

Pretty sure if you look at replays from different camera angles, it hit his bicep and he was throwing himself infront of the goal. But hey, opinions are just that.

Edited by Psyence

• Admin

What was your point? The media are good people who would never show any bias and are always right?

Pretty sure if you look at replays from different camera angles, it hit his bicep and he was throwing himself infront of the goal. But hey, opinions are just that.

I think the point is, for a referee to give a penalty he has to be either 1) 100% sure his decision is correct or 2) Rob Styles

Vidic / Berbatov was just a coming together that happens week-in, week-out all over the country. Never a penalty.

Brown probably did use his arm to aid him in blocking the shot, but so high is the element of doubt that Webb could not give the penalty. I'd imagine referee's had been handed a directive about penalties after last week's nonsense at Anfield.

Overall though, Utd deserved the win anyway, so it's much of a muchness.

Yeah, you have to be sure about those decisions in your own mind. The fact we are still debating it after a few days and the advantage of replays shows to me it was very debatable and I can see why the ref didn't give it.

I think the point is, for a referee to give a penalty he has to be either 1) 100% sure his decision is correct or 2) Rob Styles

Vidic / Berbatov was just a coming together that happens week-in, week-out all over the country. Never a penalty.

Brown probably did use his arm to aid him in blocking the shot, but so high is the element of doubt that Webb could not give the penalty. I'd imagine referee's had been handed a directive about penalties after last week's nonsense at Anfield.

You make good points. If you're not a United fan, I salute you. Finally, a non-United fan talking some sense. If you are a United fan, I still agree with you :P

It's quite easy to see why the referee didn't give the penalty, the point is replays seem to show he did use his arm so it should have been a penalty, meaning the referee got the decision wrong. You can understand why he didn't give it though, seeing his position and his linesman said it wasn't.

I disagree about Man Utd deserving the victory, we defended solidly for the majority of the match and with the chances each team created I thought a draw would have been the right result. Can't complain too much when you lose to a goal like that, though, goal of the month for sure.

Edited by dwsnuk

I feel sorry for Dyer, and I wouldn't wish a broken leg on anyone.

But since it has happened, I find it quite comical since it was only a matter of time before he was injured. Still, this is a risk you run when you sign from Newcastle isn't it?