Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

But he needs to show everybody how after being able to replay something in 8 different angles, draw arrows, circles and penises on the screen and slow it down completely - that something was clearly a handball and the referee was shit and made the wrong decision.

THAT'S what annoys me about him. A referee gets one shot to make a call, and if Gray's 18 slow motion replays say otherwise, then Gray thinks he should be crowned almighty king of football.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but to be fair, Pearce was a wank manager, and the players were subpar. They've gotten a bit lucky this season, but no more so than Man Utd or several other teams.

And so was Sven to most English people until he actually "proved" people wrong by making a good start. As far as Utd being "lucky" goes, I agree to some extent. They've been lucky to score the odd goal that they have in games, but in each of them they could have scored at least 3 or 4 times.

Sven > Pearce. Alright Sven didn't do great with the England team, outside of that he's been successful everywhere, Pearce just comes across as very naive as a manager. And yeah, I agree about Utd, but in most cases, so could their opponents, the only game this year that I've seen/listened to that United deserved to win was against City and even then their final play was below United's standards.

Yeah but to be fair, Pearce was a wank manager, and the players were subpar. They've gotten a bit lucky this season, but no more so than Man Utd or several other teams.

And so was Sven to most English people until he actually "proved" people wrong by making a good start. As far as Utd being "lucky" goes, I agree to some extent. They've been lucky to score the odd goal that they have in games, but in each of them they could have scored at least 3 or 4 times.

Sven > Pearce. Alright Sven didn't do great with the England team, outside of that he's been successful everywhere, Pearce just comes across as very naive as a manager. And yeah, I agree about Utd, but in most cases, so could their opponents, the only game this year that I've seen/listened to that United deserved to win was against City and even then their final play was below United's standards.

It depends what way you look at it. In the first game Utd created chances to beat Reading, but missed them...And Reading's defending was top notch from start to finish. I'd say Utd might have deserved to win that, but on the other hand...would good defending warrant a point for Reading? Either way, they got it.

It'll be interesting to see how long Man City can keep getting lucky results at home.

Villa being extremely average in the final third doesn't make City "lucky". They did what they needed to do. If Villa can't score, it's not because City were lucky.

I hate people saying "they were lucky" every time a non-top-four team wins a match :P

Edited by therockbox

Eriksson had limitations when he was England manager. Sure, he had good players, but it's not as if he could go out and buy someone.

He shoe-horned the best eleven players into the England team (much like McLaren did before Israel) and recent games have proven that the best eleven players do not necessarily make the best team.

Man City will finish upper mid table - they will likely never finish any higher than 5th in Eriksson's tenure. Whether that's enough with all the money they have, and will, invest is a different matter.

Oh, and it should be added that Martin O' Neill isn't turning out to be the messiah that some people thought either.

Derby 1-0 up against Newcastle at Half Time. Kenny Miller on his debut. Brilliant goal, although the goal went in as a replay was shown for something else, so that took some shine off it. Great strike from about 25 yards though, caught Harper off guard and into the top corner.

Edited by BaddarD2k7

Pretty pissed about that, Newcastle have been defending appallingly all match we see two commotators go on and on about a possible newcastle penalty then we cut back to OMGZGOAL. Excelent goal though, just I wish the commontators had switched back as soon as the ball was kicked back.

Pretty pissed about that, Newcastle have been defending appallingly all match we see two commotators go on and on about a possible newcastle penalty then we cut back to OMGZGOAL. Excelent goal though, just I wish the commontators had switched back as soon as the ball was kicked back.

Derby have probably been the better side, but there's been no real clear-cut chances. Rozenhal might've had a penalty though when he was pulled back as a corner came in...That's the incident the commentators were looking at as Miller scored.

EDIT: Martins on for Owen - 56th Minute.

Edited by BaddarD2k7

So Sam now takes Geremi of for Faye? What is Faye going to do going forward? Not much I reckon. We've already got Butt in the middle. That's a very defensive pattnership in the middle.

EDIT: They've just said on the radio that Smith has the armband, WTF? Smith in my view has been bad so far this season since he is shit in midfield and today he is on the right. Back to the armband, first off I don't think it should be Smith. Shay Given has been at the club for years and he's stuck with us even though he deserves better.(Although some manager's don't like a goalie as captain.) Secondly, Taylor, Harper or Butt what's wrong with these?

He's bring Beye on now, fuckin right back. Pattison is on bench, yes he's young but a attacking midfielder.

Edited by wozzi

Back to the armband, first off I don't think it should be Smith. Shay Given has been at the club for years and he's stuck with us even though he deserves better.(Although some manager's don't like a goalie as captain.)

They probably like it even less when that goalie isn't even on the pitch.

Back to the armband, first off I don't think it should be Smith. Shay Given has been at the club for years and he's stuck with us even though he deserves better.(Although some manager's don't like a goalie as captain.)

They probably like it even less when that goalie isn't even on the pitch.