Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weird thing with Elano is that at Shaktar, he wasn't ever really guaranteed a first team place. I wonder when we'll see his anger and red cards... great start to his Prem career though no doubt.

Agreed with the comments on Carlton Cole, and complete joke. Admittedly he's only in the team because Camara/Bellamy/Zamora were injured, and now Ashton's had a tweak, Cole could be our lone striker... bring back Ephraim and give him a run out.

It's nice to see the media not focus on us, rather praise Pompey with more money available and games played to us with the same points.

Summers, you didn't bet against us did you? :o

No. I voted for Blackburn to win.

If it wasn't for fucking Liverpool fucking up I'd be 70 quid richer.

It's better this way. Means we won't get too many media distractions, plus everyone seems to hate our only England player because he was honest in missing a tourney 95% of England fans didn't give a shit about. Superb London media at work.

EDIT - Well done Summers, that said I didn't take into account who were playing after all so I am the thick shit here. :P

Edited by 9 to 5

London media, I'm just angry that 'fresh as a daisy' Dave Bentley has cruised into the squad ahead of 'work my fricking arse off all summer' Jamie Milner. Although Bentley is scoring for fun which may sway it of course.

Thought we'd be higher than 9th after todays game, but theres always the home win over Spurs two weeks tomorrow to go top 6ish.

Edited by Colly

London media, I'm just angry that 'fresh as a daisy' Dave Bentley has cruised into the squad ahead of 'work my fricking arse off all summer' Jamie Milner. Although Bentley is scoring for fun which may sway it of course.

Thought we'd be higher than 9th after todays game, but theres always the home win over Spurs two weeks tomorrow to go top 6ish.

Credit sportinglife.com

Carlton Cole on his West Ham form...

"I'm just happy that I'm doing well now and hopefully I can stay and do better things for the club."

Cole played for Alan Curbishley at Charlton in 2003/4 and he is delighted to have been reunited with him at Upton Park.

But he has only made six appearances this season, four as a substitute, and has yet to score.

"I'm happy that I'm working under Curbishley and I hope I can do well for him," said Cole.

"Every striker goes through times when they can't score but hopefully I'll get that one goal and then the floodgates will open."