Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think Dunn coming off had that much of an impact, to be honest. We were playing without a striker in the first half, but when Crouch came on we actually started getting some joy out of the defence (especially Samba).

Kewell as well, it's such a shame his 'best years' have been plagued by injuries. I know everyone, myself included, takes the piss out of him, but he could've been a world class player.

If we could play like we did in the last twenty minutes on a regular basis, then we'd be picking up three points most weeks. I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Tim Sherwood. Benitez needs to trust the players more, sometimes we seem more concerned with stopping the other team scoring than getting one ourselves.

Edited by therockbox

If Crouch had started we would've won, our system was completely wrong until the 70th minute.

That's pretty much summing us up this season.

Is it sad that I cried when Gallas scored?

Fucking hell, we blew it

EDIT: And by cried, i mean my eyes started watering. I didn't break down in tears like the way the post sounds.

Well...It was sad that Arsenal seemed like they were robotic, and just too hard to stop scoring once we'd gone ahead on both occasions. But if I could have taken a 2-2 before the game had started (as they say) I would have.

I don't see why Moyes isn't playing Carsley every week hes alot better than Neville.

Yeah Nevilles a good leader but he can pass a ball or cross it.

Carsley sits in the midfield and breaks up the play and was Man Of The Match yesterday.

Overall it was a good performance but we should of been cruising really.

I think the had one shot on goal and scored from it.

Yakubu had a really good game aswell as Jagielka and Carsley.

Arteta definatly wasn't fit though but we still saw his magic a few times.

Overall a deserved win. :D

How can a team score so soon from kick off? Must have been some appalling marking

Last night at a college game, saw a goal 17 seconds after the start of the second half.

Same team last year gave up a goal THREE seconds after scoring one themselves in a game last year. Interestingly, both were ranked in the top 25 at the time.

Anything is possible.