Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

I still don't understand why Keegan is now a 'god' again up in Newcastle, wins against Reading, Spurs and Fulham on the spin is pretty good yes but wouldn't you expect Newcastle to beat Fulham and Reading at home regardless of who's in charge? Where Newcastle are now is as good as it will get for them, maybe break into the top 10 next season? The fact is Keegan will walk out on them like he did before and he has every single job he's had in his career when things get tough, don't get me wrong he should of left the England job. Just my rant on Newcastle lol.

Plessis looked good for Liverpool yesterday, good win for Bruce against Birmingham. But that's relegation sorted as someone else rightly said a few posts above i think.

I can see Boro drawing with Man U today, Man U find Boro to be a bit of a bogey team don't they? Hope so anyway lol,

goes off to wait for Ronalso to win them the game once more

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comical from Fulham. Getting themselves back into and then dying a horrible death.

It's a shame we had to concede because, well, we're better than them - and scoring three goals against one of the most laughable defence's in the Premiership is great, but conceding a goal no matter how good is definitely annoying. Still, we've effectively relegated Fulham now, and we're staying up.

Was a match I expected to win and the only people who seemed to think differently were Fulham fans themselves. Sky Sports News were showing their run in and saying "they'd expect 3 points from Sunderland", but of course that's Fulham fans and more specifically Fulham fans in a world where they thought they might be staying up.

I like Roy Hodgson, regardless of how much he looks like Postman Pat but rather them than us. Rather Wigan or Birmingham than Fulham but that's the way it's gotta be.

EDIT: And these youngsters from Rafa through the system or just kids he's signed? I know he signed Amoo and Scowcroft (i think it's him) as well as a few Hungarian's, would that be them? I'm not all for Rafa meddling with it and forcing the the youth coach out basically - but whatever works is the right way.

I'm sure the Plessis used to play for us(Everton)

Guillaume Plessis Lens Free 28/01/2005

Is he the same one?

Edited by Mike Widdows

Nah, his name is Damien and he signed from Lyon at the beginning of this season.

Oh, and...

Cesc Fabregas has criticised Liverpool for 'refusing to play' in the first two of their three clashes with Arsenal this week.

Both games have finished 1-1, with Rafa Benitez's side closing out the matches at the Emirates, as Arsenal desperately looked for wins that would give them advantages in both the Champions League and the title race.

Fabregas told The Sunday Telegraph:

"They defend very well and at 1-1, I think all they will want to do is defend and try to catch us on the break. We have to stick to our policy of playing football, attacking and trying to create opportunities.

"Just because the other team refuses to play doesn't mean we have to do the same thing. We want to stick to our football and that's what we will do."

This is not the first time Fabregas has attacked opponents for a perceived lack of creative adventure. Last season he confronted Blackburn manager Mark Hughes on the touchline after their FA Cup fifth round clash, inquiring if he really used to turn out for those paragons of footballing virtue, Barcelona.

He went on to praise Javier Mascherano, whose tenacious play was a big reason for the Spaniard's peripheral role in the first leg at the Emirates last week:

"I could feel his breath on my neck all the first half. For me, I think he is an amazing player. Defensively, he's very good and with the ball, he knows what he is doing. He reminds me a little bit of Mathieu [Flamini] as well."

Goals scored by Arsenal from open play: 0

Goals scored by Liverpool from open play: 2

Goals scored by Arsenal from set pieces: 2

Goals scored by Liverpool from set pieces: 0

Cesc is a quality player, but he's a moaning little cunt.

Edited by therockbox

They won't have to, not with Giggs on the pitch.

Edit - Fucking get in! Great work from Park, not that we deserve it but thank fuck for that.

Unless Tevez is injured, I have to question the wisdom of leaving Giggs on. Seriously, what has he even done today, or recently for that matter?

Meh, I'll take that. No real harm done in the grand scheme of things. We still need to slip up twice for Chelsea to win it as our goal difference is far superior. No doubt everyone will make a lot out of it, but it really doesn't change much. What i would be more concerned about is the injury to Rio, I'd honestly rather see Pique in there than Brown and O'Shea together.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Man United

v. Arsenal

v. Blackburn (a)

v. Chelsea (a)

v. West Ham

Wigan (a)

Chelsea

v. Wigan

v. Everton (a)

v. Man Utd

v. Newcastle (a)

v. Bolton

On paper, i know what fixtures i'd rather have left.

Arsenal, despite it being at home it won't be easy, never is when Arsenal come to Old Trafford especially with Arsenal out of the title picture, they'll do anything to mess you up, can see you drawing that game. Blackburn away, again another possible banana skin for you, West Ham another bogey team for United like Boro are so you never know against them and then the big one, the one that will decide it ultimately, at Stamford Bridge which i can just see Chelsea winning.

Wigan and Bolton at home, on paper straight forward but yes this is football, Bolton will be relegated by then, Wigan are basically safe now. Everton and Newcastle away both tough but both teams playing for nothing, Keengan's little run will have ended by then and it will be time for a reality check.

The title race is still very much on and i've said from the beginning, Chelsea will win the league. (H)

Man United

v. Arsenal

v. Blackburn (a)

v. Chelsea (a)

v. West Ham

Wigan (a)

Chelsea

v. Wigan

v. Everton (a)

v. Man Utd

v. Newcastle (a)

v. Bolton

On paper, i know what fixtures i'd rather have left.

Arsenal, despite it being at home it won't be easy, never is when Arsenal come to Old Trafford especially with Arsenal out of the title picture, they'll do anything to mess you up, can see you drawing that game. Blackburn away, again another possible banana skin for you, West Ham another bogey team for United like Boro are so you never know against them and then the big one, the one that will decide it ultimately, at Stamford Bridge which i can just see Chelsea winning.

Wigan and Bolton at home, on paper straight forward but yes this is football, Bolton will be relegated by then, Wigan are basically safe now. Everton and Newcastle away both tough but both teams playing for nothing, Keengan's little run will have ended by then and it will be time for a reality check.

The title race is still very much on and i've said from the beginning, Chelsea will win the league. (H)

Wait, i'm confused. Chelsea's away games at Newcastle and Everton will be easier because they have nothing to play for? Last time I checked, West Ham had nothing to play for either... and nor will Wigan by the last game of the season. I also could've sworn that Everton were still 3 points off a Champions Legaue spot. Also, why do people consider Boro a bogey team for us? Before today we'd won something like 7 of the last 9 against them.

I agree that Chelsea have the better run in, but if you're going to make the comparison at least consider your own points for both teams... otherwise it just makes it look like you're twisting points to fit your own personal bias.

Fact is, we are effectively 4 points clearly if you consider our goal difference. As it stands, even if Chelsea beat us at Stamford Bridge, we'd still have to slip up somewhere else to lose. Arsenal at home? Possibly. But I also don't see Chelsea winning all of their games. So as much as Chelsea have the better run in, I know which position i'd rather be in.

Either way it'll be an awesome finish.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Alfonso Alves, what an inspired signing. He should probably win Player of the Year now if Man United don't win the league.

Afonso Alves, Afonso Alves

You make me happy when skies are grey

'Cause when it's pouring

You just keep scoring

Please don't take my Alves away

This is what we always sang at SC Heerenveen when Alves scored or when he was going to take a free kick. He's an asshole for what he did in order to be transferred but damn that guy scored a lot. 7 goals in one game anyone?

• Admin

Well, looks like it's really between us & Villa for the Intertoto spot (got to think Everton will get fifth, and Pompey the FA Cup), and I've got to say, I'd go for Villa getting it at the moment. Our next three games aren't pretty (away at Liverpool, home to Man U and away at Portsmouth), and we needed to get more out of our games with Fulham, Spurs and Reading then we did. Oh well.

Alfonso Alves, what an inspired signing. He should probably win Player of the Year now if Man United don't win the league.

'Cause when it's pouring

You just keep scoring

If it isn't signing ex Villa players, Boro are out to steal other teams songs. <_<

Edited by Ringys LAAAAAAAAAAAAD

'Cause when it's pouring

You just keep scoring

If it isn't signing ex Villa players, Boro are out to steal other teams songs. <_<

Yeah we sang this at SC Heerenveen, a Dutch Premier Division team..