Pro Evolution Soccer\Winning Eleven 2008

figos

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wii controller isn't really suited to any serious game to be honest. I'm amazed they made it work for Zelda and that. There just aren't really enough buttons to accomadate the increasingly complex control schemes. I realize that that's what the motion sensoring stuff is for, but I'd rather stick with conventional control schemes.

There's something that irks me about those screenshots, and I'm not sure why. I want to say it's cartoony looking, but that's not quite right.

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

Would Pro Evo 2007 still be fun for someone who doesn't know anything about soccer/football?

I'm in the mood lately for a good sports game, but I suck tremendously at baseball games and the Madden series kind of bores me.

I'm sure I heard somewhere there'll also be a Wii version -- it would make a lot of sense if there was!

I'd love to hear your reasons as to why it would make sense. The PES series has had no appearance on a Nintendo home console before, the ISS series did see action on the N64/GC though. The DS version could get the ball rolling on Nintendo cooperation but I don't see it happening. The Wiimote isn't really designed for a football game and I can't think how you'd motion it for football actions, penalties maybe. Plus you'd figure they'd see how EA fair with FIFA before they start thinking of doing something for the Wii.

Why it would make sense? Simple -- the Wii is the hottest console ticket right now, and money talks -- obviously KCET will make buckets with such a wide range of foramts to release PES7 on anyway; games like this are designed to reach a wide a market of consoles as possible. I'm well aware that the series under its current name hasn't been on a home Nintendo console, much to my chagrin (indeed, only with the release of PES6 on the DS a few months after the other formats did the series grace any Nintendo machine).

Edited by Spee

I've skipped Pro Evo 2007, still playing the 2006 one because I read it wasn't much of an improvement. Hopefully the new one WILL be better than 2006. They need to take out things like your own defenders running away from the ball when you're not playing with them, also a lot of the times for me when the ball goes out and it was clearly for me the opponents gets the goal kick or throw in anyways. I can go on for a while but my point is I want them to make Pro Evo way better than ever and it's not impossible to do so I think.

I'm actually convinced the press release is mistranslated every year, but who cares as long as its good when it comes out?

Classic Newcastle would rule the school and save me struggling to create my 95 team every time. I'm pretty crap at creating players. As long as Rob Lee's in it.

• 2 weeks later...

They need to take out things like your own defenders running away from the ball when you're not playing with them, also a lot of the times for me when the ball goes out and it was clearly for me the opponents gets the goal kick or throw in anyways. I can go on for a while but my point is I want them to make Pro Evo way better than ever and it's not impossible to do so I think.

oh oh oh, someone is smart.

Pro%20Evolution%20Soccer%203.jpg

That’s f´n PES 3, tell me what did the extra Polygones and GFX bring you in this view (in wich you play in) besides slowdowns?

You don’t care, you get a hardone from FMV and licenses. Screw game play. Right?

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

What's realistic about defenders seeing a forward bearing down on goal and deciding to run away from them?

Ok, maybe not running away, but there's a fair number of players in the modern game who back away from an attacker.

But the majority of 'casual gamers' do care about graphics, you only have to look at the amount of people that sneer at Pro Evo because they haven't got the full licenses like FIFA. I'm assuming they actually want their game to sell, so they have to make it appeal to as many people as possible. Do I care about how realistic it looks? No, but a lot of people do.