Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the mini-games in VII, not so much for the joy of playing them, but for the fact they're all playable in Gold Saucer, as if it's some kind of surrealist nightmare kingdom wherein Cloud must win tickets by reliving harrowing events from his past.

And Mog's House.

I haven't watched the trailer yet, but if Sazh is voiced by either Phil LaMarr or Keith David, I'll be laughing my ass off.

EDIT: Okay, having watched the trailer, I'm so hyped for the game now. Hopefully it does come out sometime in Spring 2010, without being 'technically' Spring in June or something. <_<

And I think that Sazh was Phil LaMarr; I didn't really place too much time into registering the voices as I watched.

Edited by TenaciousG

I've been pretty good about staying far away from anything story related for the game. THe battles system looks interesting, but I'm a little cautious about the whole 562375897-898463-7835789037-835-85678567909450659056lotsoffuckingnumberseverywhere490683457689457-39037-3-7 gimmick. It's fine if they were showing off limit breaks or summons or whatever, but if I start the game and the first attack I do goes for ten hits of 47 hp apiece I think it might get a little old.

But yeah, pretty stoked. A few of those cutscenes were some of the best CGI I've ever witnessed. Looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's been known for a while that Final Fantasy XIII will be coming out in Japan on December 17. It's pretty much a no brainer that Japan is going to get new Square-Enix grey_loader.gifproducts before anyone else. However, those in the international markets may not have to wait too long this time around. Square-Enix previously said it would be some time in the Spring of 2010 (anytime between March and May). When the game was due for release in other markets.

During an investors briefing held in Tokyo today, Square-Enix CEO Yoichi Wada said it may be possible for the game to come out some time before March 31st, 2010 during the 2009 fiscal year.

Wada also said development for FF XIII is moving along smoothly.

Credit: IGN

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/11/13/final-fantasy-xiii-the-time-has-come/#more-9744

This is good, this is really good! So US and NA simultaneous release?

Yes, indeed. Europe and US simultaneous release.

Thats a Playstation Blog Mod Answering the Question.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

March 9th? Thank christ for that. When I heard it was going to be released next Spring, I was afraid that would mean somewhere near the back end of May. Luckily, it's close enough to my birthday to pretty much guarantee a pre-order.

...and on a completely unrelated note, Ozma is still as big a cunt to beat as I remember from the last time I tried. <_<