Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my Doors To Tomorrow. Just wondered if you'd gone that extra mile. :P

Just expended the 60 x Stamina Tonics I got from the Monster Arena (and was never really going to use - who needs MP+30% when Nirvana has One MP Cost, for instance?) for a cool 1.9 million gil. This should give me the initial boost I need to get at least a handful super-levelling weapons under development...

Man, the moment where Tidus finds out what happens to Yuna when she summons the final Aeon. That's definitely one of the most well done scenes in these games since Aeris' death. Everything from the collapse of Home, to the reactions of everyone, Rikku breaking down when she has to spell it out for him and his reaction once he finally knows. Great stuff.

The fuck happened to those writers when FFXII and onwards rolled around?

Man, the moment where Tidus finds out what happens to Yuna when she summons the final Aeon. That's definitely one of the most well done scenes in these games since Aeris' death. Everything from the collapse of Home, to the reactions of everyone, Rikku breaking down when she has to spell it out for him and his reaction once he finally knows. Great stuff.

The fuck happened to those writers when FFXII and onwards rolled around?

They discovered the joys of pseudo-Latin hallucinogenic bullshit and applied it to XIII

You know that Blitzball has got too easy when you can just go 1-0 up and then spend the next 9 minutes of the match having your defenders take meaningless potshots from deep in your own half (on the simple basis that it wastes nearly 30 seconds on the clock each time you do).

Although at the moment I don't even care about winning these matches because I'm trying to play out a League season in the expectation/hope that the Jupiter Sigil will appear as a prize in the next one... I would even forfeit games to save time if it didn't require me to be a goal down first (and the opposing teams are all JUST TOO TERRIBLE to make that happen even when I try to help!).

Sigh. Only eight more matches to go...

You pretty much travel all the way to Zanarkand on foot (except for the brief excursion to Bikanel, but you don't get control of the airship then) and you get virtually free reign after you beat Yunalesca.

(Also I got the Jupiter Sigil so never have to play Blitzball again, YAY :shifty:)

After eight overtimes, I won. Now I just need to finish the League for the Jupiter Sigil.

I stand by my comment, though. Fuck this mini-game.

Does get easier if you wait out those 24 games and sign Nimrook from the Psyches, though.

• Like 1