Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say "finish" X, do you just mean actually bothering to stroll through the final Jecht/Yu Yevon fights, or defeat every ridiculous thing the game has to offer? :shifty:

I've embarked upon the even-more-tedious activity of slowly upgrading the sphere grid with all +4s and such. About 30 spheres down...just under 700 to go. <_<

Might amble down to the bottom of the Omega Ruins and take out the Omega Weapon at some point, just to break it up. Will be a doddle with the stats that I've currently got Auron/Wakka/Yuna up to. Not taking on Dark Bahamut yet though...he scares me.

I'm probably only about 50% levelled but took out the first four without much difficulty, so that's something else you could do to break up the grind a bit...

Dark Bahamut is kicking my arse at this very moment...the git.

To min-max with super grinding, you need to grind for spheres that'll give you +4 to each stat, which means farming "superbosses" from the Monster Arena for spheres, then replacing all current spheres with +4 spheres. You typically get something like 1-4 spheres per battle (depending on which Sphere you're trying on) and there's a few hundred slots on the sphere grid.

Then there's the Celestial Weapons, powering them up and getting armour that'll do the jobs you need it to do, which generally requires grinding Dark Yojimbo for Dark Matter or other Monster Arena Superbosses for other bits.

And of course, to get those Monster Arena Superbosses, before you can do anything, you need to catch 10 of each enemy type from every area in the game.

Once you reach the last few chapters, I think it's Chapter 5 or 6 onwards, you'll feel like the game is starting to repeat on itself. (literally). At that point, assuming you've levelled yourself up enough already, just power right through, don't even bother with the extra quests. Just trust me, it'll kill your interest.

Once you reach the last few chapters, I think it's Chapter 5 or 6 onwards, you'll feel like the game is starting to repeat on itself. (literally). At that point, assuming you've levelled yourself up enough already, just power right through, don't even bother with the extra quests. Just trust me, it'll kill your interest.

Sounds like a good old-fashioned JRPG then!

• Like 2

Oh I dunno, I've never played many JRPGs with time travel, I missed Chrono Trigger as a kid - so maybe it's more common than I know. But there's something like 12 Chapters in the game? Chapters 6-10 are pretty much an identical repeat of one another, with some slight variations of bosses.

Oh I dunno, I've never played many JRPGs with time travel, I missed Chrono Trigger as a kid - so maybe it's more common than I know. But there's something like 12 Chapters in the game? Chapters 6-10 are pretty much an identical repeat of one another, with some slight variations of bosses.

So basically stretching out the game? I'm used to it, I played nearly every SNES and PS1 JRPG and they were famous for it. That stuff doesn't really bother me.

• Like 1