Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reportedly FFXIII is coming to Steam. I'd rather they'd have done XII, that seems like it'd really work on PC.

There's something wonderful about the idea of XIII being moddable, though. A mod that allows you to max the Crystarium as soon as you want, rather than when the game will let you, would do wonders for me. One of my biggest gripes is that my levels and abilities are determined by the game, not by me. It'd be even better if we could get Lightning Returns on there and someone could remove that time restrictions.

• Like 1

XIII is 10% off on pre-order on Steam so it's $14.39 or £9.89. Nice that they're selling it more in line with what you'd expect to pay for a copy of it on 360/PS3 nowadays, rather than just being "New format, full price!"

• Like 1

That looks like the FFXIII team really liked GTA and DmC. O___o

Like, it is some Final Fantasy ass-shit, and it looks gorgeous, but it just... doesn't look like Final Fantasy to me in its tone. I know each Final Fantasy is its own self-contained thing, but each game in the series has the same kinda tonality to it and very similar themes, to me. This just... huh. It doesn't look bad, just different—but still suuuuuuuupeerr Final Fantasy-ish 'cause it's just goofy as shit with its scope and self-seriousness.

• Like 1

That trailer has made me more excited for an FF game than any has in a while, simply because it finally, finally looks like they may be taking the series (and with it, the genre) in a new direction.

What? They basically haven't used the old direction that people actually liked since FFX-2. Final Fantasy hasn't been Final Fantasy for close to a decade now.

This isn't a new direction for the genre, it's just a new genre.

• Like 3

I really hate that it looks like it's GTA open world with Kingdom Hearts combat. I don't really like either of those things when they're done by people who know how to. I just want a fucking Final Fantasy. Is that so much to ask? What was wrong with the turn based battle system that people actually liked? Or any of the systems that made the games popular?

Just... It'd be fine if any other company would pick up the slack, but I already beat Bravely Default and even that got a bit naff towards the end. :(

*Sigh* And yet I'll still pre-order it and hate myself and it.

• Like 1

Eh, I'm okay with giving it a shot, I'd rather turn based FF come back, but FFXIII was better when you knew what to expect, XIII-2 was pretty good, and LR was better once you put it on easy and the clock essentially becomes irrelevant. They're not epics like other FF's, but they're still okay games.

Of course I could just be suffering Stockholm Syndrome.

• Like 1

I really liked XIII-2 because it was the closest thing to doing things the right way that the XIII series ever got. Perfected everything XIII did wrong.

They're just not interested in making the kind of games I want any more. Which is fine, just sucks that the franchise that got me into video games doesn't want to be what I liked any more.

• Like 1