Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, I've unlocked the Monster Arena...

And now I am compelled to turn my Final Fantasy game into a giant pokemon quest.

Do it like I did - do other sidequests at the same time, that way it's less of a grind (EG: Butterfly hunt whilst capturing Macalania monsters, Cactuar quest while doing Bikanel monsters).

RE: The chocobo race - plug your controller in via USB because it's more responsive that way. Also, use the D-Pad, analogue isn't as quick to respond as you need either.

Okay so I'll just max out the levels as much as I can, pretty annoying that I spent so much time doing the fight and not winning when I could have spent the time grinding though. Thanks TKz!

Do you really need two medics when you have 1 in haste and a Sentinel?

This is a good point, I might give it a try before I submit to the grind!

This was in regards to the first fight with Barthandelus in XIII. I've had XIII-2 sat on my shelf for a while so I thought I'd give this another try. Did it first time thanks to accidently realising that if you get him to about half stagger while he's casting Destrudo, he'll start it again.

Can't believe I spent so much time failing this only to do it right away today. Anyway, on with the rest of the game!

I really do love fighting through Zanarkand, simply because of the music - both the song itself (A Fleeting Dream), and how it doesn't break for battle music but just carries on, thus retaining the mood.

• Like 1

I really do love fighting through Zanarkand, simply because of the music - both the song itself (A Fleeting Dream), and how it doesn't break for battle music but just carries on, thus retaining the mood.

I love that. I also love when it happens in FFVII for the Jenova-LIFE battle, makes both games scenes incredibly bittersweet.

http://kotaku.com/square-enix-has-finally-realized-that-people-like-jrpgs-1555236872

"For the new games we'll be developing from this point on," Matsuda said, "while this may sound a bit extreme, we've been talking about making them as heavy JRPGs. I believe that way, we can better focus on our target, which will also bring better results."

We shall see.

EDIT: Ruki posted this in the general gaming thread, but Ruki's dumb and I hate his stupid butt anyway and also he's dumb.

Got to 50 lightning strikes last night. I really hate this mini-game :( Jumping between attempts at that and grinding for gil in Omega Dungeon at the minute, so that I can earn money to bribe monsters so that I can customise weapons so that I can then earn shitloads of AP. This is a looooooooong time.

Giving me so much to look forward to, Benji. :shifty:

Last night I just went monster hunting and maxed out some of the easy areas (Besaid, Kilika, Mi'ihen, Mushroom Rock). Having already caught at least one of each from all of Macalania, the Calm Lands, Sunken Cave and Gagazet/Zanarkand, not long now to get the Mars Sigil and my very first complete celestial weapon!

Almost scared to go back to Baaj Temple because I bet it will reveal that I forgot to get the destruction sphere at one of the other temples that now has a dark aeon camped in front of it...

Things I learned for the first time after more than a decade of playing JRPG's:

If you put an enemy to sleep, you can attack it with Magic without waking it up! Because reasons!

That status effect seems so much less pointless now. >_>

Also: was there ever a reason to use Aeon Abilities? I can't think of any reason I'd need Ixion to know Holy, for example.

I hope the next time we get summons in a Final Fantasy they become a central part again. X was the last time they felt useful.